Small Things

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:12 am

Time had this uncomfortable habit of continuing, even when one wished it to slow down for just long enough to have a break and enjoy one's accomplishments. Jinseie had been working quite heavily for some time, missions and assignments taking up bulks of his time but somehow, someway, he never let his presence be missed at that secluded estate, high in the cliffs. Home of one of Iwagakures Jinchuuriki, the winged lady Kiyone Ayatori, to whom Jinseie had no shortage of fondness and concern for. He may not have always had time to visit and spend time with her, or even knock, but he found ways of letting her know he'd been there; His personal favorite was the small statue-like carvings of him performing ridiculous poses that were meant to make her laugh. The one where he was standing on his head with a completely serious pose was his favorite of those. Usually left for her to find in their meeting spot, or near the entrance of her estate.

Last mission, however, he'd come back to orders waiting for him at his home. He'd long since moved to a more private home, away from his family, for the purposes of handling his own rather insane schedule without disrupting their lives on a continual basis; It was not easy to have a son who spent weeks at a time training, only to then disappear for missions and then finally spend nothing but time at home. Having his own made it much easier and as he stood in his own living room, tea brewing in a heavy stone fireplace on a thin stone platform above the flames, he stared down at his new orders with a smile growing. He'd intended to visit Kiyone in person but now, now he had every reason to do it. After all; It was his job now.

So it was that on the unusually reasonable hour of roughly ten in the morning, Jinseie Zoukane made the climb to the Ayatori estate with papers tucked securely into his jacket and one arm wrapped around a small wooden box that had steam billowing out of it and he was careful to keep it balanced and not tip it. He'd made the journey so many times it did not take long, the winding paths easy enough to understand after making the journey for months now and he crossed the small plateau that he used as a training spot, the rock walls he'd created still around the edge and forming a nice wind barrier that kept snow from pelting him as he crossed it, and as soon as he had done that, he was at the estate.

Simple, elegant and beautiful, the Ayatori home was not something he ever tired of seeing and as he approached it, he began to straighten himself unconsciously and his steps became a bit more firm. Trying to project some measure of confidence, even if he had rarely actively spoken to or approached the Ayatori family itself; He'd seen the woman Kiyone called Gran, and had some interactions with the guards, but much of his time and energy had been dedicated to Kiyone. Thus it was as he stepped in front of the door, he placed the wooden box down into the ground and leaned forward, knocking at the door heavily enough to be heard, before he put his hands in front of himself.

Jinseie rarely changed much about himself, and he was still as recognizable if not more mature than ever; Bushy sun-orange hair flowing all over his head, leaving only room for his face with the charming blue eyes and light feature. Black body suit, waist shroud and coat, thick sandals and his wakizashi tucked discreetly away. He was taller, certainly, than the first day he'd arrived here and his face had begun to harden in spots, lines and edges forming as the fat of youth was trimmed away. His body suit was being outgrown slightly as well, his muscles more clearly visible than ever before especially around his chest, where his coat had difficulty hiding the lines formed around his abdomen and sides.

Whoever answered the door, Jinseie would bow his head respectfully and immediately speak, revealing the slow deepening of his voice. He still sounded pleasant and somewhat flowing, as if talking was as natural to him as breathing, but it was full of a deeper bass and his words heavier. "Greetings. I am here to see Lady Kiyone, with orders from the Offices of the Tsuchikage."
InactiveShow
[c][center][color=darkslateblue]Jounin[/color] [color=orangered]Katon[/color], [color=lightgreen]Fuuton[/color], [color=orangered]Katon[/color] [color=#6A5ACD]Gigan Ninjutsu[/color], [color=#8B7D7B]Ash Extension[/color], [color=Brown]Sankaton Super[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - ? B - ? C - ? D[/color][/center]
[center][url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=5706169/1/?x=90#new][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/Lordshi/KotentouSig_zpsfd407695.png[/img][/url][/center][center][color=royalblue]C-Rank[/color] [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color] [color=#8B3A3A]Swamp Extension[/color], [color=#8B5A00]Oil Extension[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - 0 B - 3 C - 1 D[/color][/center]
Kindachi, Daimaru/Kindachi, Joushi

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:41 pm

It did not take long before one of the heavy wooden doors were opened, pulled from the inside, one of the clan staring up to Jinseie's impressive stature, taking stock of the young man before he spoke about being there under order of the Tsuchikage. The Ayatori who answered the door wasn't as large as Jinseie was, several inches shorter in fact, but by his stature and the way he carried a sword at his hip and a shield to one arm he was one of the roaming guards, likely stationed at the door until his relief came. Brilliantly colored wings rested on his back, plumage almost dragging on the ground behind him, but the beauty of his colors didn't take away the ruggedness in the man's face. There was a flare of recognition in dark eyes before he stepped back and pulled the door open, using the wood to disguise the wry smile that came over his lips. He's wait until Jinseie entered before closing the door behind he and pointing in the direction of the courtyard letting him know she Ayatori jinch was teaching a class.

And he had enough discipline to wait until the younger man had left before chuckling, he didn't know but he'll find out he's quit infamous around the compound.

The Ayatori compound was a bit of a maze if you weren't used to its halls but Jinseie had visited enough to be able to find his way to the courtyard easily, after all he was one of the people who helped build it when the clan put in for a work order. They wanted to expand their compound and the courtyard was one of the many additions that had been completed. It was a work of art it was, a cobbtlestone floored garden planted with trees and all manner of night-blooming flowers, an atrium had been carved up through the mountain--much to Jinseie's gleeful fun at the time-- to allow natural light to flood the place. During the morning, such as now, the place was lovely but at night it was almost magical.

Directly beneath the atrium was the person in question, jinchuuriki to Iwagakure and teacher for the class, Ayatori Kiyone sat on the cobblestone with her legs tucked beneath her but she wasn't looking like a teacher at the moment. Oh there were certainly were children present but it was clear the 'lesson' had long since dissolved. She had several young girls all playing with her hair making braids and decorating her with flowers, several children were playing with the feathers of her stark white wings she held outstretched for them. Her voice could be heard chastising one young boy for pulling a feather that wasn't loose even as the child scampered off with his prize to some other kids across the courtyard before looking back to the children sitting in front of her and sinking back into the story she was telling them in an animated fashion.

What might catch Jinseie's attention, aside from the object of his visit, would be that more than several of the children playing were playing with little statues made of stone and rock. He would notice them as the same statuettes he's been leaving at the front gates for her when he goes on a mission or otherwise. Jinseie might also notice that as he stepped into the domed courtyard that several children were looking at him and then to the statue and then back to him before one very excitedly jumped up and pointed to him. "It's silly man!"

The cry got Kiyo's attention, her hands stopping them enthusiastic motions from her story, looking over to the boy who shouted and then to the young man who walked through the door. She flushed softly as she furled her wings against her back to the displeasure of those who were content playing with her appendages before pushing herself gracefully off the floor, smoothing her outfit back into place. The children, no more than four or five years old, got to their feet as she did though some were already crowding towards Jinseie and holding up their statue as if they were comparing the two.

"They uh... liked your statues..." her voice was soft and elegant much like the woman herself, slightly accented with a tone a bemusement filtering through.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:36 am

With his admittance Jinseie had politely thanked the guard, picking up his basket and stepping inside thankfully missing the man's chuckle behind him as he walked blissfully ignorant of the terror that awaited him. Journeying towards the atrium under guidance of the guard, it did not take him long to wind his way through the old familiar hallways, head bowing to those he recognized along the way. While he didn't exactly live here or even show up frequently enough to be a fixture, he made it a point to visit Kiyone enough that he could be recognized by name and it wasn't as if he was some forgettable face that popped up now and then. Hair alone would make it hard to forget him unless one was incredibly used to seeing orange mops just lying around.

Stepping out into the yard a certain smile fell on Jinseie's face, a look as he saw Kiyone and he barely even heard the cry of his new moniker to the children until Kiyone looked at him and she'd likely see traces of that dopey, spaced out grin before he turned abruptly to the crowding children. Confusion dominated his face as he looked at the statues, realizing slowly what they were and the children holding them now became apparent; The call of 'silly man' made him realize they were in fact referring to him. Embarassment, shame and hot, pulsing regrets washed over his face and he opened his mouth in horror, suddenly surrounded by statues he'd made to show Kiyone his presence and the idea they were being used for the entertainment of the kids...

His face, temporarily, matched his hair and he looked down at the growing crowd before he exhaled loudly, pulling himself up in a very smooth, practiced motion to diffuse his emotional state and focus. Faltering only slightly, he raised his hand at Kiyone with an incredibly off wave before he put his hand back down, grinning a bit sheepishly. "Yes, yes, silly man is here." he said, trying to gently move his way through the children but it was no use. Solid walls of movement and mass were not budging at his pushes and he gave up quickly, looking to Kiyone with a very 'oh well' look on his face before he quietly plopped down where he was, sitting on the stonework steps down into the courtyard.

"Alright, alright let's see. Look at this one, I think this one is from right before I had to go fight a bear!" he declared, looking at the statues and then letting a few children rush at him, his hair quickly being yanked up into various directions with similar fervor to Kiyone's own wings, though Jinseie seemed fairly unphased by the yanking and tugging. A few curious hands went for his wakizashi and a quick hand in response blocked them, thankfully he had not worn his weapon pack to the estate today. Soon he was being pulled every which way, stories coming in bits and pieces as the children realized he was talking about the missions he left the statues for; Stories the kids were quick to want to here, as Jinseie rarely took a mission that did not involve some ridiculously absurd element. The one with the giant ant queen had to be the oddest.
InactiveShow
[c][center][color=darkslateblue]Jounin[/color] [color=orangered]Katon[/color], [color=lightgreen]Fuuton[/color], [color=orangered]Katon[/color] [color=#6A5ACD]Gigan Ninjutsu[/color], [color=#8B7D7B]Ash Extension[/color], [color=Brown]Sankaton Super[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - ? B - ? C - ? D[/color][/center]
[center][url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=5706169/1/?x=90#new][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/Lordshi/KotentouSig_zpsfd407695.png[/img][/url][/center][center][color=royalblue]C-Rank[/color] [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color] [color=#8B3A3A]Swamp Extension[/color], [color=#8B5A00]Oil Extension[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - 0 B - 3 C - 1 D[/color][/center]

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:53 pm

The smile that graced the woman's lips as she watched Jinseie interacting with her little class of clan member was soft and oddly content, he had given up trying to wade through the sea of color and chose instead to engage with them about the statues. She waded through the sea of bodies, many of the children shifting to let her through and sat herself next to the man on the stairs, resting her chin on her hand now as she observed the stories. Of course when she sat down some of the less engaged children went back to crowding around her, one small boy in particular sat and his next to her legs, occasionally poking his head over to watch the stranger. He clutched a statue to his chest, one of the first she had gotten from the orange-haired shinobi. She patted the boy on the head for comfort as she kept an eye on all the other children.

After a few moments she pointed to one of the statuettes and glanced to Jinseie as she spoke. "This looks like the time we had to go against the giant lake creature with a team, you couldn't see right for a week," it had been the first mission she'd taken after becoming the jinchuuriki, utterly devoid of jutsu, there was a field around them which blocked their usage of chakra. I had gone well enough, minor damages even if the Shoshiki girl had almost drowned.

"Did you do something wrong?" One of the boys asked suddenly. "My daddy always brings my mommy presents when he does wrong things."

"They aren't married!" One girl said instead before she looked to Jinseie and Kiyone. "Are you married?"

"They can't be married... they don't even kiss!"

Kiyone by this point had turned a lovely shade of pink, the color contrasting with her otherwise light coloring making it all the more obvious she was mortified by her class and their shift from 'silly man' to the two of them together. She coughed slightly before waving a dismissive hand at her miniature clan members. "N-now class, that is not an appropriate topic!" her voice several octaves higher than it usually was.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Kiyone would have learned quite a few of Jinseie's stories and interesting tales before, though he didn't brag so much as he found ways to pass the time by talking about his old missions. Though he hadn't always talked about the most interesting ones, just the ones that made good conversation and here, he excercised the same restraint. He could have talked about the bloodier missions or the more dangerous ones, but he shied from the gore and the danger to just focus on the ones that were easy to understand and process. Like the time he fought a tiger monster, a nue; That got everyone's attention, talking about the clouds of smoke and the fangs and he made dramatic motions for it all. He really did love children and it showed, his patience was practically endless. By the time Kiyone had motioned to the statuette, he had braids in his hair that made his face much easier to see and it revealed that peaceful smile of his still there, the look in his eyes incredibly happy. When she spoke he turned to her immediately, carefully catching the girl on his head who tumbled off, wings fluttering, as her perch was knocked aside and her hands clutched the braid she'd been making as he slowly pushed her back up onto the orange mass.

The reminder made him grin a bit to her and he reached up, rubbing his eyes a little. It had taken days of washing and medical drops to clean his eyes out and he'd had to have some healing down to his hands after his slightly reckless attack on the creature, but it had worked out ultimately. They had all survived, Amaya had been rescued and Kiyone had made an impressive showing with her bow. "I think I made that one a few days later, when I left for a few days on that mission to Salkh." he said, smiling again as he let his memories work. Until the children decided to get curious...

He looked to the three voices and deeply he inhaled, again taking measures to not turn utterly flustered by the topic of conversation and instead he decided to alleviate some curiousity, though without...perhaps going as deeply into the topic. "I didn't do anything wrong, it's not a bad thing." he says, smiling a bit as he tried to put the words in a way that weren't too...graphic. "I go away sometimes, I gotta go find big creatures and keep them outta the village so you don't wake up with biiiig nuuuuuue in your bedrooms!" he started, making his voice deepen and his fingers lifted up, pointing fangs at the children as they giggled a bit. "And when I do, I can't see Miss Kiyone like I want to, and I miss her. And between you and me, sometimes I think she misses me too." and he leaned in close, whispering the last part as if it was some great secret he was telling them.

"So before I go, I come up here and I make something for her to say goodbye, and to let her know I was here. I was gonna do flowers but I mean, come on, who wouldn't want a statue of me!" he declared, grinning again but there were still questions left to answer, and sitting here where the only risk of judgement was from children who would likely only tease a little, Jinseie decided to answer promptly. He didn't know exactly what his and Kiyone's relationship was, what they'd be officially, but she had given the first kiss. He was quite willing to risk a stare and some children's snickering.

He leaned over and he pecked Kiyone right on her lips, a soft kiss for polite company and then looked back, grinning as he nodded at the children. "We're not married, no, but I do sometimes kiss her." he said, grinning as he egged them on and then immediately decided to distract them by forming his hands together into a series of seals and, without fanfare, pushed them out. Rocks seemed to form out of the ground against his feet and the children would have just enough time to look down before a humanoid (roughly) figure of rocks, same size as Jinseie, slowly emerged from the ground in the crowded circle and immediately struck a pose. It had a comically head shape, clearly meant to mimic Jinseie's own hair and it quickly began to post in the same method as the statues around it while Jinseie just smirked at Kiyone.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:26 am

The young woman looked over to Jinseie as he chose to 'save' her and address all the of the children's questions like being peppered with the innocent and vaguely skewed sense of the world children had. Not to mention the curiosity that bordered on the inappropriate at times. So she listened as her partner decided to answer the series of questions in turn, grinning at the nue joke as he mimicked the claws of the beast to get the children to jump and react to him, a series of small laughter and giggles erupting from them, several of them gathering closer to Kiyone's leg as if she would protect them from the evil creature. Which she would indeed.

His "whispering" to the class had her rolling her eye a bit before she smiled a little, giving a little nod to him and the children. And then he leaned a gave her a peck on the lips which made the children erupt into giggles as her jaw dropped a little. The shade of pink upon her cheeks darkened to a soft red, having to look away from the whole lot of them. Of course the kiss seemed to rile them up more and trigger more questions like the one a girl ask before Jinseie decided to play for a distraction: "You girlfriend and boyfriend? My sister has a boyfriend who kisses her."

"W-well... we haven't discussed that yet, that is up to Jinseie..." she replied before the shinobi thankfully created his comical life-sized statue of himself which got all the kids' attention off them and their interrogation. Even her face seemed like she was very relieved for the reprieve for the moment, she was thinking it was probably best to get the little ones home soon, class dissolved into them playing after they lost interest in flying when they realized they weren't allowed to fly yet.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:27 pm

Many times in his life, Jinseie had regretted his impulsiveness and in those times he was usually patching up an injury, cleaning up a mess or tending to someone who was wounded and in this instance he found his impulsiveness embarassing as hell, his cheeks still a bright redded color and it was only because the statue had distracted the children that it was fading. He looked to Kiyone now with a sort of shy grin, shrugging as she looked so impressively red-faced herself before he slowly stood up and slipped out from under the statue he'd created which was now in the process of picking up armsfuls of the wild childrens and lifting them up off the ground though carefully, it was obvious it wasn't going to let them get hurt if they fell.

It wasn't hard to come over to Kiyone now, most of the children were too curious about the statue to pay too much mind to either of them and Jinseie now reached down, offering his hand to help her up. He reached up and moved his hand to the back of his head, scratching it softly as he started to speak. "They're a bit occupied, so...When you've got a second, I have to talk to you about something." he said, not quite realizing how bad that sounded yet he was smiling the entire time, staring into her eyes rather sweetly as he did. She wouldn't need to worry it was bad, but then, there was a lot of things talked about during all this.

For himself, the idea of being Kiyone's boyfriend was hardly a bad thought, nor did it bother him, but until today in this little impromptu meeting he had never really been sure if Kiyone had wanted that, or wanted to even speak the words. He was unfortunately as inexperienced as it came to these sort of things and in much of them, he preffered to let her set the pace. It wasn't as if he let her lead him around on the nose and he'd taken her places, things he could call dates, he'd kissed her but he'd never gone further than that. Never spoken the words, or let himself go too deep into thinking about it. He'd always figured she'd tell him when she was ready and in a way, she just had.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:17 am

The jinchuuriki smiled and shook her head at the antics around her, getting to her feet and taking a moment to straighten her outfit before picking up the small boy who still insisted on hiding behind her and from Jinseie. She watched the others enjoying the statue and climbing over her not-boyfriend at least until he mentioned needing to speak to her on something, immediately her brow furrowing into a concerned expression on her lovely face. The last time he had to talk to her he was informing her he was being sent off on a mission to subdue someone who had gone rogue. The way he said it had sounded almost ominous and she'd been worried for weeks at a time until he returned.

His expression made her think perhaps whatever he had to tell her wasn't as dire as that perhaps, but it seemed whenever he needed to tell her something it was fairly bad news all the way around. "Um... okay..." she replied, unable to mask the concern there as she looked to the children and smiled to one waving to her from atop the stone statue. "Come on now! Let's go see if Gran has any snacks made in the kitchen!" she had to raise her voice over the clamor and laughing sea of hair and feathers. The mention of snacks had them cheering and surging towards Kiyone, the woman having to extend her wings to block the door and keep them contained while she counted heads.

"Line up, line up. We walk through the halls quietly, so Gran doesn't hear us," she set down the boy she was carrying and took his hand instead putting him at the front of the line before looking to Jinseie for a moment. She nodded towards the back of the line. "Would you like to make sure none escape on us?"

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:38 pm

It was hard not to react to her concern and try to do something, make -some- comment that showed he wasn't about to give her terrible news but she reacted quickly, moving to corral the children and he moved as well, the mention of snacks gathering attention quickly and with a motion of his hand to his 'statue', it quickly began waving before it abruptly dissipated. Dirt and dust blew away into the wind and before long, the children were being lined up and filed into the building, though Kiyone did her best to include him as well and he nodded at her, stepping in behind the line and as one child turned around to look for the statue, Jinseie just grinned at him.

In truth, this was good news, but Jinseie was developing plans. Plans and schemes, thoughts and developments to what she had said. Looking to Kiyone, Jinseie just smirked at her now looking much more confident than before when he had first broached the subject. Perhaps it was good he'd embarassed himself with the children to get what had happened out of the way. Things would change now, even without these orders, but the orders themselves were still a big factor...

Deciding to make this as painless as possible, Jinseie made a quick motion to Kiyone to hold on and then knelt down, grinning a bit. "Now, since we tease poor Miss Kiyone all day, why don't we all be extra sneaky so Gran doesn't come at us all. I think she might be scarier than the nue." he said, gasping lightly for effect, but then grinning again. "And if everone is extra sneaky, next time I visit, I'll make more statues for all of you. Of aaanything you want!"
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:22 pm

She managed to chuckle as Jinseie said that Gran was scarier than a nue, shaking her head a little as she looked over her shoulder to him, quirking the brow that could be seen. "You'd best be careful she doesn't hear that, I'd hate for her to prove you correct..." she teased him now, wrinkling her nose to him playfully before turning back to her task.

Kiyone held a finger to her lips before leading the children through the halls and curves of their little hive-like home, no wanting to disturb any other lessons or work that was going on from the other clan mates. They even got to play a little game of 'sneak past the guards' which seemed to interest the children far more than her class ever would. Of course all the tittering and giggles had the guards looking over their shoulders but a shake of Kiyone's head and a little grin had them pretending they didn't see them, even the ones who had children sneaking by.

They finally made it to the kitchens and all quiet ceased to function as the elderly, slightly hunched all Ayatori saw them and spread her arms open, hugging the torrent of small feathered kin rushed to embrace her. "Lessons over already?" she asked in her raspy voice, looking up to Kiyone before noticing Jinseie, a puckish grin spread over her lips. "That answers that..." she added after a moment as she herded the flock over to a table and chairs that was covered in goodies.

"Jinseie needed to speak to me and they didn't want to listen to me talk about flying if they couldn't fly... and made it very clear in no uncertain terms..." Kiyone answered with a blush, playing with the hem of her shroud sheepishly.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:00 pm

For all of his bluster, Jinseie grinned a bit sheepishly back at Kiyone when she spoke about Gran and he decided to stow any further comments, not that he had any negatives to make. Gran had done her best to make him feel like he was welcome here quite a few times, even if many of her comments would leave him, Kiyone or both of them together gawking at her for them. She seemed to be very supportive of his attachment to Kiyone, though he couldn't exactly find it in himself to begrudge or blame her for that considering his current mindset about Kiyone...

Of course, when he saw her after the children snuck past the guards, 'snuck' in this case meaning they hadn't run screaming like banshee the moment they stepped inside, he still managed to falter a smile as she noticed him, the way she looked at him akin to some sort of hunting bird who'd just spied a nest of prey. Whatever she was, she was quick as a whip for her age and she had seen through his fumbling affections before he had even realized them, actually. He raised his hand and produced a soft wave of sorts to the woman now and then looked to Kiyone, wating outside the door of the kitchens for them all to be dismissed, but he decided to be polite. "Hello ma'am. Apologies, I wouldn't normally break up thelessons but I've got some things I need to discuss with Kiyone." he said, smiling as he bowed his head.

He was respectful, but he was also enjoying dragging out what this conversation was...Granted, he wasn't even entirely sure what it was at this moment. He needed to discuss his assignment to Kiyone, but now...There were also other considerations.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:05 pm

Gran just chuckled and shook her head, by the look on her aged face it was clear she believed there was more going on than what they were saying. Then again, this was the same woman who wanted to think herself the little matchmaker who started the young man visiting the jinchuuriki without fail. "Yes, yes... you go talk my dears, I will give the little ones snacks and make sure they get home on time. The exercise will be good for my tired old bones," she teased in her rasping voice.

Kiyone just shook her head, knowing that trying to convince the old warrior something other than what she believes is an exercise in futility, no matter who it was. The younger Ayatori could have told Gran they were going to do mortal combat and she would just shake her head and think her own thoughts on the matter. Stubborn older bird.

After bidding the nestlings good bye for the day, promising she'd take them for a 'proper' flying lesson soon she bade Gran goodbye as well and gestured to Jinseie to follow her out of the kitchens. "Usual place?"

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:08 am

For all his many talents, Jinseie was ultimately still just a young man and every young man on the planet would have promptly began a small grin at the implications of Gran's statement. He luckily did not speak and draw attention to this moment and indeed snapped out of the daze as Gran finished, turning his attention to Kiyone. His face was only a slightly entertaining shade of red, instead of grinning, but he still seemed more amused by the statement than perhaps he should have been.

With Gran volunteering to take the children and the conversation seeming to finally come to what they originally needed to talk about, Jinseie let the look on his face fade and he instead nodded to her as he moved away, towards the door, quietly holding it for her now. He'd gone through the estate enough times to know, relatively, where things were or weren't and where to go to get to the outside door. He also knew enough to know that having the conversation inside would get them attention; She was a pride of the clan, after all, and it wasn't like they'd leave her alone in it's walls. Even outside they might drop by to see her, but there was nothing to do for that situation.

It was a quiet but peaceful walk to the outside, then out of the gate he'd come in from, before they would find their way out to the small plateau they trained on; Various rock borders and windbreaks had been raised over time, mostly by him, to protect from biting wind as they talked and Jinseie turned to look at Kiyone now. He had a rather interesting grin on his face as the thoughts in his head collected together and she'd note that sly look in his eyes, bushy hair blown around by the wind up here, and he waited for her to get close before he reached into his coat, pulling forth the rolled up and sealed scroll as he stepped to her now.

That sly look did not go away.

"I wanted to show you this before you got one yourself, or worse yet, before your Gran recieved it and taunted you with it." he said, offering the scroll, though he didn't let go at first. Instead he took a moment to look rather directly into her eyes, that grin still there, but a bit of color to his cheeks. Maybe he was just cold.

"And once you're done reading it, I might kiss you again, and we can talk about that whole boyfriend thing..."

Or not.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:48 am

Their 'usual' place was little more than one of the smaller plateaus buffeted by the winds, a small path from the compound was cut in for those who visited and didn't have wings to carry them up the stairs. It was an area used by some of the Ayatori as training grounds the scars of mock duels littered the ground; black scorch marks to misshapen earthen pillars gave the it an almost old battlefield feel. They had adopted this place as theirs since it afforded them a good area to maneuver while maintaining some sort of privacy that one would never get inside compound walls. Kiyone shrugged her wings around herself, trying to block as much of the wind as was possible, not that it helped with the cold, winds chilling her to her bones, even with Jinseie's windbreaker formations.

There was a slight cant to her head as he offered her the scroll looking from up at him to it for a moment before she finally reached out and grabbed it. His not releasing it right away had her eye glancing back up as she started speaking, his words just making her all the more curious right up to the part about his openness about kissing her which made her flush pink. But she pulled the scroll from his hand and unrolled it, reading over the orders inside.

At first she looked surprised, eyebrows rising as her mouth came agape, rereading the official order. He was to become one of her guardians. Well... they were called guardians anyways, they were more like babysitters, watching and reporting in on the condition and progress of the jinchuuriki. Sometimes they were shadows, she has a small contingent of Jounin which were assigned to her, she didn't know who they were or how many, following her and watching out wheever she left the village on a mission; other times they were colleagues, people who are to stay with you on a more day-to-day basis. She didn't need to guess which Jinseie was.

"They are sure? Do they know we... uh... you know?"

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 pm

The cold barely bothered Jinseie here, did little to dampen his spirits or his mood as he watched Kiyone unfurl the scroll and begin to process it. He knew it was still dangerous, and he would be expected to take and perform missions on the meantime, but it meant she was to be guarded by him directly on missions or other tasks. Something that a part of him was glad for, something that a part of him looked forward to...For a myriad of reasons. She was dear to him, of course, and even as things progressed between them he was not ashamed to admit he could feel their connection, but it was more than that. She was going to do through things that would test and push her, and it would be hard for people who didn't know her to handle...

He knew her, he knew the risks and frankly...He was ready for them. He was ready to protect her from whatever came next. He'd done it once, seen the transformation overwhelmn her and he'd prepared himself for that again, if necessary...And it meant she wouldn't be alone. He didn't exactly know the guardians she had, nor her shadows inside the village, so as far as he was aware the village had left her to her family's guardianship and he was the only person to protect her...At least here, he was not so naive as to think the village would allow her free reign outside of her home.

Still her next question had him looking at her a bit suddenly, pushed out of his contemplation and he shrugged a little to her question now. "I'm not sure if they know or not...I don't really think it matters though. I mean, I'm qualified to protect you and I've just got a little more motivation than most to see you safe, you know?" he said, smiling a bit as if it really was that simple. There were conflicts perhaps, but his loyalty to the village and concern for her could exist together without interfereing with the other. At least he hoped they could and if nothing else he would make sure he did his job above reproach.

"Besides, doesn't matter. They passed the orders down and it means it's my job now. S'long as you're okay with it, I suppose? Having me tagging around a little more?"
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 am

Her pale green eyes moved from the parchment to him as he spoke to her question on whether the village was positive in their decision to assign him one of her guardians even despite how close they have grown. He seemed confident that everything would be fine, that sure attitude helped ease the starting pangs of anxiety that had begun to take root in her gut. Even the way she stood seemed to relax, her hands weren't gripping the scroll as if a twitch would have her ripping it down the middle, her feathers on her wings started to smooth themselves back down again; her feathers tended to fluff a little when she began getting upset or overwhelmed in a moment.

More relaxed than a moment it still took her a moment to realize he was asking her what and how she felt about him being around more often, whether she was alright with it. She suddenly smiled and threw her arms around his neck, crushing their chests together as she hugged him. "Of course I do not mind," her voice slightly muffled from where her head was tucked; their height difference had her feet dangling a bit off the ground, her grip on him the only thing keeping her aloft.

"What made you think I would mind you having to follow me around, you are far better company then my ghostly guardians. Taller as well."

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 am

She weighed next to nothing around his neck when she embraced him but he still shocked slightly, not out of recoil of her touch or loss of strength, but honestly taken aback by how her posture changed as he reassured her. He hadn't really expected his words to make much of an impact, used to her being self-contained and after everything he had thought the best he could hope for was a smile and a nod, or perhaps an embrace, but how she reacted made him...Happy. Even that didn't do it justice. He smiled to himself as she buried her face into his neck and he stood tall, his arm going around her back and the other around her waist to hold her there. He hardly paid mind to her comment that she did not mind him following her around, nor did he even really care about what he'd been thinking about before.

He'd asked the question to make it known he did care about her feelings in this but to hell with it, he could have honestly cared less about what they'd been talking about before now. Her reaction and the moment they were sharing now had him pulling her up in his arms and instead of a response, she'd find him grinning at her as he put his forehead to hers. There wasn't even an embarrassed tint to his face this time, which might have made it seem as if he was going to be quite tame and just romantic.

Then he pushed his lips to hers and kissed her. No polite peck of the lips, this was the kind of kiss that a man gave a woman when he'd lost his damned mind over her, and it came full force. The hand on her back raised up and inexpertly pushed into her hair to hold her head and deepen the kiss and he closed his eyes into the kiss. He didn't know romance, hardly knew subtlety or anything of what he was doing but his instincts were running the show and despite how chaste the rest of it was his kiss was powerful and deep, his rough lips sealed against hers.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 am

She expected him to chuckle as she spoke and teased him about his height, compared to him she was practically a dwarf, instead of acting on her humor he just... kissed her. Her soft green eye, the other shut and covered in a shrouding layer of lace, widened as he chose to kiss her instead and after a moment's hesitation from the shock she smiled and her arms tightened around his shoulders. The usual pallor of her skin was warmed by the blush that crept over her cheeks as she returned the kiss he gave her, eye closing as she got a bit lost in their moment.

She let herself get caught up in the moment and the kiss, dangling there in his embrace, the act was far less awkward than the time they had kissed before, both learning from it and adapting to what felt right. It lingered for a few moments before she pulled her lips away, giving his a soft peck, looking up at him with a bit of a smile on her face. He picked a moment that was a good one and added to it, she felt happier in that moment than she had in a long while.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:50 pm

For all the impulse and bluster he usually put forward Jinseie had no idea what came next, after the kissing, at least to any degree of realism. It was not the sort of kiss that spiraled out of control or into some maddening passion, it was a flare of inspiration that lit up and unfortunately burnt out shortly before she pulled away, yet not in a bad way. They were both inexperienced and feeling their way through all of this, all the interactions and moments they had and would have from now and for a long time would be a learning process. Given at least his own complete cluelessness on the finer details, it might be a long process.

One he was eager to get started on.

None of this stopped it from taking Jinseie's breath away, the feel of her lips on his lingering still, and he grinned stupidly to himself as she looked up at him with that smile on her face and he suddenly felt an impulse to distract wash over him. Intensity he could handle, but the intensity of a situation that wasn't combat or training was making it hard for him to not peel away with a flush on his face so instead he let his smile awkwardly turn into a more serious face, stepping back to swipe his thumb over his mouth. "Well. Uhm."

Yes. Uhm. That was a fantastic way to play this down.

"I think we should go train for a little bit more. Maybe we can get an assignment soon, or..." he started, attempting to find something else to suggest. Don't suggest 'kiss more'. Don't suggest 'kiss more'. Don't. Suggest. Kiss. Mor-

"I know a hot spring we could sit together and talk..." he said. That was surprisingly smooth, but he couldn't hide the goofy grin on his features, nor the way he seemed to shift a bit towards her, still holding her a bit as he said it.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm

You couldn't really call her albino in the moment Jinseie suggested they go to a hotspring... together. She went from a nice shade of pink to wholly scarlet in the span of seconds, her cheeks warming even against the chilling wind. She shifted a little in his grasp, unwinding her arms from around his neck feeling as her toes came into contact with the solid earth below them. She looked as flustered as she felt, taking an awkward step away from him as she played with the fabric of her cloak, suddenly very interested in the texture all of a sudden. Such lovely and well made woolen weave. Yes. Very much so.

"I... I am not sure... about that..." her voice went lower as she spoken, unable to look him in the face. She didn't believe he was after anything untoward or anything of the sort, the thought of them in a hotspring together was still more than enough to embarrass and fluster the hell out of her. She wasn't shifting out or running or at least that was promising.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 am

Confidence and bumbling awkwardness had always gone hand-in-hand with Jinseie's personality, a fact that left it's mark on most of his interactions up until that point. Especially with her. Even in the face of her sudden crimson flush or the fact her cloak was the most attention-drawing thing in the world at that point there was still a beaming smile on his face but it tempered quickly and he almost instinctively stepped forward, short-circuiting her shyness with a hug. He slid his arms under hers and he pulled her close, leaning his head on her own.

So many things swelled up and caught in his throat, but then he decided on one. Hotsprings too forward, rein it back in a little. He let her stand for a few moments, not having to respond, before he stepped back and used one hand to lift her head up to look into his eyes.

"...Sorry, that was a bit...much?" he explained, his beaming smile warping into his goofy smile of sorts, before he pulled his arms back and tucked his hands into his pockets. "What about if we...Take the day off and just rest? And...tomorrow I'll come by and we'll train, then put in for an assignment." he both asked and told at the same time. The nature of their partnership from here on would require him to be more direct with her as her guardian, but he still was her friend and supporter. They could wait until tomorrow, when they were both fresh, to run into something like training or assignments.

"And maybe later tonight we can have dinner. Instead of a hotspring." he suggested, his lips turning to that beaming smile once more.
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 am

The sudden flush and sense of doom that came over her at the mention of the hotsprings and where her mind seemed to take her and the applied implications she had assumed seem to melt away as soon as he embraced her. His presence and the small act calmed her and got her to refocus on the moment and not inside her own mind, returning his embrace and nuzzling her cheek against him. "I am sorry, I might have... overreacted," she murmured softly.

He let her go, stepping back and letting them stand in silence together for a moment before he reached up and lifted her chin for her to look at him, his smile contagious as her own lips mirrored it a little bit, nodding at his suggestion. "Dinner sounds nice, preferable some place where Gran cannot look over our shoulders and coo at us," she moved more into a grin. She loved the crazy old lady.

Versesai

Small Things

Post by Versesai » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 am

Jinseie let Kiyone relax and come down from her reaction until she spoke and he chuckled lightly, not in derision but rather in amusement. There was nothing about it that was an overreaction, he'd overstepped a little himself and now he'd like nothing better to do than make her feel better. So instead he smiled and moved his hand over her back, slow circles on her shoulder in a sort of massage while he rested his head on hers. "No, look...I'm, uh...new...?" he explained, slowly, trying his best not to sound completely awkward and failing as he dug one of his feet idly into the ground. "To all this. Hotsprings sounded nice after a long day and...I just wanted to share that with you, I guess? But that was a little...forward. And suggestive. Not that I don't want to be forward and suggestive with you but maybe not so...abruptly..." he continued. One could tell he was rambling and he was, his mouth and brain moving in a sort of filterless partnership.

Then he exhaled deeply and shook his head, stopping the train of thoughts before it continued onward. A quick adjustment of his stance and a mental reminder that he was supposed to be making her feel more comfortable, he smiled brightly and reached one of his hands back down, taking her hand when he found it and pulling it to his chest. "How about. Instead of me ramblin' or making myself look, uh, more foolish. We go ahead and find a nice place to eat. I'm starving and as much as I'm sure your Gran would enjoy seeing us together right now I'd like food in my stomach before we tell anyone...Especially your dad."
InactiveShow

Lace

Small Things

Post by Lace » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 pm

She smiles in spite of the situation, she couldn't help herself, he had a way of disarming the chaos in her mind and calming her... while more often being the one causing the chaos lately but that aside. His rambling set her at ease, she saw he was just as new to all of this as she was which helped her from being so foolish. He was so cute standing there, rambling and looking lost, soon she was laughing out loud at their combined antics. She didn't mean to she was just thinking of how awkward they were together, how cute he was trying to explain himself. She began giggling and couldn't stop.

"What a pair we make, at this rate you might end up being the cause of every Hoshoru awakening I will have," she finally managed to say as she wiped the outer corners of her eyes, her laughter dying down as she teased him about the first time they spent time together.

"Dinner sounds good and my father only threatened to shoot you when he found out about the volcano, he would not really do it..." the tone of her voice made is sound like she might not believe what she was saying. She looped her arm around one of his and tugged him a bit so they could leave their training plateau and he could take her where they were going for dinner.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”