[Graded]You're Crashing But You're No Wave

Amy

Post by Amy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:56 am

"I have a Genma inside of me who can literally, well according to it anyways, heal anything that happens to me, including but not limited to my heart stopping. So, sorry if I don’t really see the need to have your scientists run tests on me to make sure I’m ‘healthy.’" Ornery as always, Aimi followed behind Taiko with a scowl on her face but of her own accord. She may still act like a child but she had grown out of putting up a physical fight to avoid going somewhere she didn’t want to go. Somewhere she didn’t have any business being.

From her position behind her handler, Aimi could see him rubbing his face. "You have to go because that’s part of the responsibilities of being a Jinch. Yes, the chakra that you receive from the Genma is capable of healing you but that is not reliable, NOR are you supposed to be using that whenever you feel like it. Right, Aimi?"

Rolling her eyes, Aimi verbally agreed with Taiko. It was just easier that way. It wasn’t her fault that whenever she hurt herself training it was easier to just sit in the quiet of her house, leech some Genma chakra, and create some healing flowers that made her good as new in no time. Plus, it was some good quality bonding time for her and Nolosha. Though that was apparently frowned upon as well. Just like almost everything else Aimi liked to do. Saying nothing else, Aimi followed dutifully behind Taiko, offering him a tight and annoyed smile every time he looked back to check on her. It was as he led her into the exam room that she finally spoke again, her voice a bit accusing.

"You may wait in the waiting room or wherever people who bring others to testing facilities wait." In a false whisper, Aimi continued, watching Taiko’s face flush. "They’ll probably make me take my clothes off again." Assuring Aimi that a doctor would be with her soon, Taiko quickly vacated the room. There were two beds, Aimi simply choosing the one that was closer to lay down on. Throwing her arm over her eyes she wished she could be anywhere else but there.

If you just cooperate you can be out of here sooner rather than later.

That may be true but where is the fun in that? If I don’t get myself strapped to the bed I’ll feel jipped of my science experiment visit.

A low chuckle rumbled through Aimi’s mind causing her to smile.

You could at least pretend like you’re not such a terrible child. You might earn us a little extra freedom that way.

Aimi didn’t respond that time because she knew that Nolosha was right. And freedom was exactly what Aimi needed. Freedom to leave the village and go on a mission no one knew she was planning. Well, no one except the monster that lived inside of her.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #A32638
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki #FF80BF
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Kayuri felt the pain before she was fully conscious. Her body was in the highest state of pain she could tolerate. She remembered that before she had gone under again, the pain had been worse. At least now she wasn't seeing spots and passing out every few seconds from pain. Whatever medication had been injected into her, it was at least doing its job.

She looked around and noticed that the small room was empty. The damp concrete walls were just as inviting as they'd been when she first came in. That is to say, not at all. She remembered what she'd been told by the doctor when she'd woken up in pain the first time, though. He had told her that she was free to get up and walk around as soon as she felt up to it. Well not that she really felt up to it, but she decided to at least try to get up. She had no idea how long she'd been laying there, or really what they'd even done to her body.

It was odd to be surrounded by so much constant pain, but to be slightly... detached from it. She wasn't sure if this was the drugs or if her mind was somehow shielding her from the experience. Either way, it was almost... well, she wasn't sure what to think of it, really. So much had happened in the last week or so. Her body felt completely different, every part of it. Literally... every part. As she looked down at herself, she saw basically what she had expected to see. All the bandages had been removed, and there was her perfect, unmarred skin. She checked for stitches and marks, but as she moved her hospital robe from one side to the other, always cautious that someone was watching, she couldn't find anything different.

She did feel considerably more tired than usual. She had probably about ten or twenty percent less energy than she might have expected. It felt similar to walking around with her bloodline running all the time. It wasn't... bad, just... tiring.

As she shifted on the bed, she felt like her skin had not been properly attached, and that everything was completely raw. It caused her whole body to tense up as she tried not to cry out. After all, what good would that do? They'd just put her under again, and she did not want that. Who knew what they did to her, or who came in to watch while she was asleep. No, she had to get up. She had to try.

Now that she knew to expect the increase in pain, Kayuri was confident she could move, so long as it was slowly and deliberately. She looked around and saw a wheel chair in the corner. Yes, that would be perfect. She just had to get over to the chair. She began to move again, shifting as slowly as humanly possible to make sure she caused herself no unnecessary pain. It took her several moments, but soon she was sitting with her legs hanging off the side of the bed, still wincing in pain, and panting, but managing thus far.

The floor looked forever away, but she knew that she had to try. She inched herself forward from the bed, setting first one toe, then a foot, then the other foot on the floor with delicate care. She closed her eyes. She was not in a state of mind to be able to think clearly through the consequences of focusing her entire body weight on two small platforms of flesh. Maybe she should have thought more. Her hands ached terribly as she pressed against the bed to stand, and for a moment she thought she would be all right. But with a flash of pain coming with the sudden pressure not only through her feet, but through her entire skeletal and muscular structure, she instantly fell with a cry of pain. She grasped for the bed on her way down, but the pain prevented her from aiming properly and she collapsed without anything to break her fall.

Kayuri felt like every bone in her body was broken, every muscle torn, every ligament shredded. It was as if every cell in her body had simultaneously exploded, sending shock waves of pain through the now convulsing girl. And there she lay for a good while, no one coming to her aid.

When finally she came to again, she was in the fetal position, and her pain had subsided. She slowly tried to move again, afraid of what had happened to her changed body, but it seemed she was back to the same level of pain as before. Maybe a little sharper, maybe a little stronger of an ache, but not what she had expected after surely wounding herself severely.

Kayuri looked up to see the wheelchair not too far away, and doubted her resolve. Was it really worth it? But in the end, she decided that it was indeed worth it. She pulled herself along the floor, having once more grown almost accustomed to the pain, and finally was in the wheel chair, again panting. Cold sweat drenched her hospital gown, and her vision was blurred from the sudden exertion. But before she was able to think twice about it, her arms were propelling her out of the room, and slowly wheeling her way, inch by inch, down the corridor which led she knew not where.

Amy

Post by Amy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:17 pm

What was more fun than waiting in a hospital room that you didn’t want to be in, for a doctor (scientist?) that you didn’t want to see, for what seemed like hours on end. In reality it had probably only been close to forty-five minutes, maybe an hour, but to Aimi it was an eternity. She was good at a lot of things. Mouthing off, being sarcastic, breaking arms, running away both physically and emotionally. But what she was not good at, what she hated almost more than anything else, was sitting still. Because sitting still meant thinking. It meant thinking over all of the things that she worked very hard to keep out of her head. Thinking about dead parents? Do sprints. Thinking about Hoten being gone? Push-ups. Demon spirit living inside of her? Hand to hand combat. It was all perfectly coordinated in her head but yet here she was, alone in a clinical room with nothing to do but think.

To be fair, she told herself as she got up from the bed, she had given the doctor/scientist plenty of time to come see her. After all, she hadn’t been the one to schedule the appointment. They had. And they were late. That was poor time management on their part and Aimi didn’t see why she needed to be the one to suffer. Glancing both ways out into the hall, when she didn’t see anyone, it seemed like a good time to explore. Who knew what other exciting experiments might be here for their appointments too. Maybe Iwa was just full of mixed breed. Part humans part spirit couldn’t be the only combination that worked. Maybe there were part human part tree people. Or humans spliced with animals. Or with clouds, or rocks, or maybe-

Looking where she was going, Aimi thought to herself, mentally adding another item to the list of things she was not good at. Fast reflexes of a ninja paid off though because instead of falling into the lap of the person in the wheelchair she gracefully-ish leaped over the entire combination of person and contraption to land steadily on the other side.

If you want to make this as painless as possible, just walk away.

Well, that was ominous. Completely ignoring Nolosha, Aimi turned back towards the girl in the chair. Apologies weren’t really her thing but she was easily identifiable, and didn’t feel like getting a lecture added onto the rest of her visit. Something something personal responsibility, patience, blah blah blah.

"Sorry about that, wasn’t watching where I was going. You don’t happen to know where the bathroom is, do you?"

At this point, Aimi still couldn’t see the face of the person in the wheelchair. It seemed bad form to jump over them again and squeezing around seemed like a good way to get her toes squished because the girl would probably start moving right when Aimi did. So, Aimi just waited. Hell, maybe the girl would make it easy on her and just keep rolling right along.
My CharactersShow

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:02 am

Kayuri winced with each movement of her body. Each time she gripped the wheels, moved her arms, or shifted her torso, thousands of needles pierced her skin. She had a headache, her vision was blurry, and she really couldn't see where she was going. She wasn't even trying to 'escape' so to speak, just to get out of that room and maybe see some sunshine. She still wasn't sure what they had done to her, and wasn't even sure if they knew what they'd done to her. Had it been a lapse in judgement to trust them with something so dangerous? So... unknown? Had her curiosity finally gotten the better of her?

She had been sedated before being moved from the operating room to her recovery chamber, and now had no idea where she was. She had not expected the lab to be so confusingly labyrinthine. Or maybe that was the drugs. She was probably on a lot of drugs, and she didn't know enough about medicine or science to tell what the effects were. Maybe she should look into that in the future. Or maybe she shouldn't let herself be experimented on again. She was always so careful with her own safety, why had she been so trusting? It had been that confounded curiosity. They had played her. She had known she was being played, but she went along with it anyway. How had they known so much about her? It was a question they'd never answered.

But while she was rubbing her eyes to clear away the tears, her sixth sense went crazy for a moment, and suddenly there was a woman almost sitting in her lap.

The girl cried out in pain, unable to contain herself. The woman tried to apologize, but Kayuri was in too much pain to even think about responding for a good moment. She completely missed the question about the bathroom. But there was something familiar about the voice, and something even more familiar about the chakra. Even through the shroud of pain, Kayuri could tell this was...

"Aimi?" She asked, just barely opening her eyes and craning her neck to see the girl. "Aimi, what are you doing here?"

Amy

Post by Amy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Usually when people said your name to you like that, you had a flash of recognition or at least a slight suspicion of who they are. This time, there was none of that. Only blankness. Only a sudden realization that she probably should have listened to Nolosha because this already seemed confusing and like something she didn’t want to deal with. Pulling a face, Aimi considered her answer. It wasn’t really any of this girl’s business what she was doing there, but if both girls were there it was probably for similar reasons. So was there a real reason not to tell her? Other than that she didn’t want to, of course.

"Uh...here for a checkup. Gotta make sure everything is in good working order, or something like that. Do I know you? "

Aimi still couldn’t get a good look at the girl but it was enough of a look to be sure that she didn’t know her. There was no nagging sense, trying to place her face. Just a stranger. A complete stranger who SOMEHOW seemed to know who Aimi was.

Betcha ya wish that you were nicer to me now, huh? I could fill in just oh so many blanks for you. But now you’re just gonna have to suffer all on your own."

How annoying. So there was something here that Aimi was missing. Standing behind the girl was silly and since they were clearly going to be having a conversation, Aimi leaped over the chair again so that the two girls were facing each other. Rudely staring, Aimi focused as much as she possibly could to place this girl.

"I didn’t almost kill you once, did I? "

If that was the case, it definitely made sense that Nolosha would remember while Aimi couldn’t. Hm. Hopefully the doctors/scientists didn’t find her before she had her answers.
My CharactersShow

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:59 am

Kayuri could have smacked herself if she hadn't been in so much pain. Of course Aimi wouldn't remember her. It was the plague of her clan. It was the reason she was here. It was the fact The Recruiter had used to twist her emotions against her to such a degree to get her to endure such pain as she'd just undergone. And in that moment, Kayuri felt the deep hole of loneliness that had haunted her her whole life. But rather than simply being a hole, it seemed to become a vacuum that threatened to overwhelm her. A lump formed in her throat. She didn't know why it hurt so much this time. She was used to this, so why did it hurt so much this time? Maybe she'd thought that as a genma spirit host Aimi would have been different, even immune somehow. But in the end she was just like the rest.

"Oh." She said, putting her hand to her head as if she'd just realized something foolish. "I'm sorry. I'm just a big fan of your work. I guess we've never properly met. I'm... Kayuri." She said with a forced smile, her voice strained through the pain. "I'd salute you properly, but I'm... a bit laid up at the moment." She said. As she spoke, her words were ever so slightly slurred, and there was an erratic cadence to her speech. Sometimes she spoke a burst of words quickly, and other times she paused for long moments between words.

"Actually I was- just trying to- get outside for a- breath of air." She said, visibly straining to communicate through the pain. "Would you- help?" She couldn't finish the phrase as a shot of pain spiked through her body. What she really needed was more pain medication. She was clearly not ready to be out of bed and moving around, but she'd been inside for so long... She had to get out or risk her sanity.

"I'm- sorry, you're probably- very busy." She said, lowering her head and moving to try and navigate her chair down the hall. "It was- very nice to- finally meet you." She said, her eyes lightly misty as she began to wallow in self pity. She was not normally like this, but the combination of the traumatic surgery she'd just endured and her deep-seated anxiety over the eternal damnation to loneliness and obscurity welled up and mixed together, making her eyes wet. She didn't want Aimi to see her like this, even if she wouldn't remember it.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”