Mr. Doctor Man

Yura

Mr. Doctor Man

Post by Yura » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:09 am

"I really screwed up this time..." Mitsuo mumbled as he walked somewhat urgently through the streets of Iwagakure. Craddling his right hand in his left, the hand was wrapped in a thick cushion of bandages where a dark crimson stain slowly spread, consuming the white of the sterile fabric. The consequence of rushing through a blade sharpening, he thought to himself. A rookie mistake. Every good blacksmith knew that trying to rush the process only increased the likelihood that something was going to go wrong and, well, he was now living proof of that fact. Sliced his hand riiiiiiiiiiiiight open, deep enough that he couldn't get the bleeding to stop on his own and knew that he was going to need to get it looked at.

The bandages, now soaked with blood, began to drip into his other hand as he approached the hospital. As he walked through the doors, Mitsuo removed a steril cloth from his pocket and wrapped it around the other bandages in and effort to keep from spilling blood on the hospital floor. It was only a temporary fix, just as the other bandages had been, but now that he was at the hospital, perhaps he could get it taken care of.

Unfortunately for him, the place was busy. Like, busier than usual. Most of the waiting room was filled with people clutching tissues and sneezing into their hands while others were wearing masks. Must be that virus that's been going around. It was a nasty thing, apparently. Came on quickly, hit hard, and potentially killed. And, even worse, it spread rapidly so more and more people were getting infected with it. Mitsuo was suddenly reconsidering his presence here, but his hand dripping with blood was too much of a priority.

Mitsuo turned towards the check in counter only to find that it too was filled with a line of people, though not all of these ones appeared to be sick. With a sigh, he stood in the line, but when it became clear after several moments that the line wasn't going to be moving any time soon, he began looking around for someone that he knew. His mother worked here after all, he had spent a good portion of his youth shadowing her while she worked, though he hadn't really learned much. If he could find either his mother or one of her coworkers that he knew, maybe he would be able to bypass most of the line.

"Hisayo!" He called out as a woman hurried by. Startled in surprise, the older woman suddenly spun, looking for whoever called her name.

"Mitsuo!" She said as she recognized him, "What in heaven's name did you do to yourself?" She asked as she approached him, noticing the bloody bandages.

"I, uh, cut myself a bit while in the forge." Mitsuo admitted bashfully, "I was hoping my mom was around so that she could take a look at it."

"Oh, well, she's currently in surgery assisting one of the doctors." She replied, "But why don't you take a seat over there and I'll see if I can find someone who's free to take a look at it." She added, gesturing towards the waiting area. "It's pretty busy today, but maybe one of our volunteers is available."

"Thank you, Hisayo." He replied, "Can I get more bandages in the meantime?" He asked, gesturing to his blood soaked hand.

"Oh of course. I'll be right back." She said, hurrying off. Soon enough he returned carrying a bundle of bandages, helping Mitsuo remove the old one and wrap the wound in the new ones.

"Thank you, again, Hisayo." He said once more before turning towards the waiting room. As he looked over at all of the sick people, he could only hope that someone would come for him soon.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
SadakoGeninIwagakureTeam 13[color=#90D2D8]
Enkouten, MitsuoBanninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai[color=#ff2200]
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku[color=#fb8a00]
Takara, MorikoGeninIwagakure[color=#ffeb66]
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall[color=#8080ff]

Kao

Mr. Doctor Man

Post by Kao » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:35 pm

The hospital was hectic, to say the least. The outbreak of the virus and the resulting influx of patients had the hospital staff stretched far and thin. Several shinobi well versed in iijutsu showed up to volunteer, and Shizuo was one of the ones who arrived to offer assistance. He had been helping for several hours, helping non-emergencies so the professionals could handle the serious cases. He had just sent a nine year old with a broken arm off to be discharged when a woman suddenly approached him.

"Shizuo, can you help someone in the waiting room? He has a pretty bad wound on his hand."

"Sure thing," the special jounin replied, trailing off when he realized he couldn't remember the woman's name at all; he had spoken with so many different nurses throughout the day that he could barely keep one straight from another. After washing his hands he went to the waiting room and almost immediately picked out his next patient. He had the most serious wound in the room and was quickly bleeding through fresh bandages .The sight made Shizuo shake his head. The guy was clearly in need of help, and sitting in the waiting room bleeding out probably wasn't something that should be happening, no matter how busy things seemed in the hospital.

"Hello," he said with a smile before turning his attention to the injury. "That looks pretty bad, but I can take care of that for you if you follow me. I'm Komiya Shizuo, volunteer for the day." He took a step back and gestured for his patient to follow him through nearby double doors and to a small treatment room.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Yura

Mr. Doctor Man

Post by Yura » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:07 am

Mitsuo was spacing out as he stared down as his hands, feeling a bit 'off'. It as likely the loss of blood, though he didn't yet feel like he was going to faint. He just openly stared thoughtlessly at the blood soaked bandages wrapped around his hand, oblivious to the happenings of the world around him. He gave a start at the sudden voice beside him, having not realized that someone had approached.

"Oh...uh, yeah." Mitsuo mumbled as his mind came back to reality, "Sorry, I'm Enkouten Mitsuo." He introduced himself as he stood, absentmindedly holing out his bloody hand for a handshake before realizing the fault with his actions. With a sheepish grin, he pulled his hand back and gave a brief chuckle at his own foolishness. "Must be the blood loss." He joked.

He followed Shizuo down the hall and into the treatment room, taking a seat on the examination table. "I don't think I've seen you around here before." He said, holding out his bloody hand a little as he was sure the man would want to take a look at it. "My mother works in this hospital as a medical assistant so I've gotten to meet quite a few people here. You said you're a volunteer?" He asked,
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Mr. Doctor Man

Post by Kao » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 pm

"Sure am," he responded as he unwrapped the messily applied bandages from Mitsuo's hand. It was still bleeding a bit, and though the blood flow was slow it still needed to be taken care of before he did anything else. He looked around and realized the room was horribly unequipped. There was only one box of gloves on the counter, along with some cotton swabs and a few small bandaids. It seemed someone had grabbed all of the medical supplies and didn't have time to replace them. With a small sigh, the special jounin grabbed a pair of gloves from a nearby box on the counter, and as he slid them onto his hands he focused chakra to his hands and cleaned the wound. "This virus that's been going around has all of our hospitals swamped. Every once in a while I'll volunteer whenever I'm needed, but I'm starting to think I need to be on the payroll."

Shizuo then focused his chakra on the wound stanch the flow of blood, and before long the blood flow had stopped completely. Then, he finished he immediately and very quickly performed a set of seals. "Who is your mom? I might know her since there's only a handful of Enkouten who work at the hospitals. Usually your clan's talents are needed elsewhere for things a bit more...destructive." As he talked, he placed the tip of his finger at one end of the wound and then touched the other side. Mitsuo would be able to just make out a slightly glowing stitch of chakra as the older shinobi skillfully stitched it closed.
JutsuShow
*[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
As sanitation cannot always be guaranteed in field operations, this technique provides a quick substitute to traditional sterilization methods. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will channel the chakra throughout his/her upper body (torso, arms, hands, face). This chakra will chew away at harmful bacteria and other foreign bodies on the skin, cleansing it until it is thoroughly sterile, and can be spread to objects, most commonly surgical tools. Of course, this takes both concentration and time, and in order to sterilize the entire upper body, it will take a duration of one (1) post. Users of this technique can also choose to sterilize certain parts of their upper body or the wounds of another person instead for a lesser concentration period. Once they are sanitized, they remain this way until coming in contact with more bacteria.

*[Iijutsu • Blood Clot Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
This highly useful field technique is applied to bleeding wounds to help encourage the coagulation of the blood. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will hover them over the bleeding wound and begin to channel chakra through it. The chakra will began to thicken the blood, causing it to clot. Wounds must be dealt with one at a time, and the number of wounds that can be tended to within the three (3) posts that this technique lasts depends on their size. Small wounds take very little time to clot, while moderate wounds take one (1) post of concentration to clot, and large wounds take two (2) posts to clot. Although this technique stops the bleeding, the wound remains vulnerable and will require further care after this has been performed.

*[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
When traditional stitching supplies aren't available, *[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching] truly shines. After performing a short set of handseals, the user will gently place his/her index finger at the base of the patient's wound. Once this is done, the user will lift his/her finger and touch it to the other side of the wound, causing a visible 'stitch' of chakra to appear. This is repeated until the wound has been pulled together. Although precision is key, this technique can still be performed relatively quickly. Small to moderate wounds take very little time to stitch, while large wounds will take one (1) post of work to mend. This technique drains a minuscule amount of chakra from the person it is attached to in order to keep the stitches going, theoretically, ad-infinitum, and can be cancelled at any time by the user with a single handseal. Any intensive or strenuous movements will cause the stitches to break.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Yura

Re: Mr. Doctor Man

Post by Yura » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Mitsuo winced a little as Shizuo pulled the bandages away from his wound. Some of the bandages had begun to dry and adhere to the skin around the wound, resulting in a small amount of pain as they were torn away from the tender area. When his hand was finally unwrapped and the bandages all pulled away, the true severity of his wound was obvious. Though the bleeding had slowed, quite a bit had flowed from the deep gash on his palm that extended from the knuckle of his index finger diagonally down across the palm and stopping just before the base of the hand. It was a grizzly sight, his hand painted red from the blood loss, and Mits didn't particularly like looking at it, though he couldn't help but notice, and take pride in, just how clean and smooth the cut appeared to be. At least I know it's sharp, the thought to himself.

"My mom's Enkouten, Mayumi." Mitsuo replied as he watched Shizuo begin to place small chakra based stitches along his hand. While it wasn't his first time ever seeing it performed, or even experiencing it himself, he always found the process mesmerizing. "Like I said before, she's a medical assistant here at this hospital. She never made it further than Chuunin when she was an active shinobi, but she learned enough iijutsu to be useful to the staff here. She's been working here for a long time now, mostly in the emergency room, but for the last few months she's been consistently assisting with surgeries. She'd probably rival most of the combat medics and Sp. Jounin in terms of skill and the doctors here must agree since she's been helping the surgeons so much." Mitsuo just sort of rambled on a bit as he watched Shizuo finish up the stitches. The blood loss was starting to get to him as he could feel himself spacing out a little. "Speaking of surgeries, I'm not going to need one right? My hand will be fine?"
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Shizuo chuckled as he finished the final touches of the stitching. "Nah, no need for surgery. The bleeding makes the injury look worse than it is. You didn't sever any nerves so, you're fine." All that was left was to clean over the remaining blood that was caked on Mitsuo's skin. He wiped down Mitsuo's hand and arm and hummed, trying to place his mother's name. "Enkouten Mayumi...sounds vaguely familiar. I think I may have run into her a few times but I don't ever work in surgery so it must have just been in passing, or I just read the name somewhere." The special jounin tossed the soiled bandages in the trash then swiveled in his chair to face Mitsuo. "I'm fairly new to working in this hospital so I'm sure I'll run into her sooner or later."

At that moment there was a commotion outside, but since the door was closed he couldn't tell what was happening. He figured it had to do with the huge influx of patients that had been coming in all day. After all, the virus that had been plaguing Iwagakure had all the doctors and nurses a bit more stressed than usual. He ignored it for the time being to finish up with Mitsuo. "Do you need anything for pain? I'm not authorized to write prescriptions but a couple over the counter pain killers should be fine. Anything stronger and you'll have to see a doctor and, well, there's a line out there.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Yura

Post by Yura » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Mitsuo felt a bit of relief as he zoned out, absentmindedly watching Shizuo wipe the blood off his hand. As he had been making his way to the hospital earlier, he had minorly worried that he had done permanent damage to his hand and that it would restrict him from being able to continue working in the forge. Knowing that the injury wasn't nearly as bad as he had feared was comforting.

"Hm?" Mitsuo responded to Shizuo's question. He had been zoning out so badly that he hadn't even comprehended the words that had come out of the other boy's mouth. "Oh! Uhhh....." He exclaimed before looking down at his hand, the special jounin's words finally sinking in. To tell the truth, he didn't really feel all that much pain coming from his hand, but he couldn't really tell if that was due to the adrenaline rushing through his veins from the initial injury or because it actually didn't hurt. It wasn't until he actually tried to make a fist with his hand that a small jolt of pain shot from the wound and up his arm, causing him to wince. "You know what? Why not." He said finally, "If I need something stronger, I'll talk to my mom when she gets home."

At that moment Mitsuo suddenly acknowledged the increase in noise coming from the hallways, the voices seeming more 'urgent' than usual. "Seems like a busy night out there. Wonder what that's all about." He said, standing from his seat with the intention of looking out into the hallway with mild curiosity. As he stood however, he noticed that the entire room slowly started to rotate and his footing became slightly unsteady. "Okaaay maybe not." He said, sitting himself back down. It seemed he had lost more blood than he had realized. "You wouldn't happen to have any juice or something to go with those pills, would ya? I think that blood loss is finally catching up to me."
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”