[Graded][Plotboard] Check Up

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Graded][Plotboard] Check Up

Post by Niro » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Jousai Headquarters Akari, Tatsuo hated paperwork; it was the bane of any ninja who still wanted to be out in the field performing missions for the village. It was dull and tedious which usually led to him falling asleep mid way through it atop his desk and leaving drool all over the piece of furniture. This specific batch, however, served a greater importance than most bits of paperwork did to the jounin. This batch was multiple work orders and supply shipments for his newly formed organization.

Work orders and supply shipments littered the desk space of the co-commander of Jousai within his office. Those which hadn't been finished yet sat in a stack on the left side of his desk while those which had been finished were placed on the right.

Tatsuo glanced at the daunting half-foot high stack of unfinished orders and then at the meager stack of completed forms before letting out a groan. Hibiki had granted he and the rest of Team 18's request to create and man an organization for Iwagakure that would deal with all manners of tasks, including the Catacombs below the village, but he didn't think he'd be the one stuck with all the paperwork.

In addition to the paperwork for Jousai, Tatsuo had another slip of paper on his desk. Its contents were something he had been...unprepared for. The paper itself was a report from Tamamushi, Shishi. Shishi was originally a genin he had been assigned upon his promotion to jounin as her supervisor. The letter had been an update from her with several interesting bits of information. The girl had graduated her chuunin exam and subsequently went through something even more harrowing. The village had decided Shishi was adequate to become the host of a Genma, specifically Hashoru no Hanshagenma.

Tatsuo read over the letter several times before putting it down and bringing his hands to his royal purple colored eyes where he proceeded to rub them before picking the note back up and reading it over again.

"Are you fuckin' with me?" Tatsuo asked no one in particularly as he read back over it once more, this time noticing the bit about her coming to visit him today for their monthly face-to-face check up. "Oh man, I really hope the secretary at the usual administration building let her know I'm operating out of here now..." Tatsuo muttered, a small chuckle escaping his throat as he ran one hand through his dark red locks of hair.

The headquarters for Jousai were...large. The main building was built into one of the mountain sides surrounding Iwagakure no Sato and sat directly above the underground Catacombs. Four corner towers boxed in the main building which held offices for each commander, training rooms, barracks, kitchens, bathrooms, and other such living facilities. Contractors were constantly leaving and entering the building as they worked on bringing it up to Tatsuo and Mitsuo's standards.

"Guess I just wait for now." Tatsuo spoke out and shrugged before returning to his paperwork as he awaited Shishi.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Shishi had been running around all morning, getting several errands of her own done before she had to go meet up with the Jounin she normally reported to. Thus, when she was finally able to get to the administration building and ask about if Tatsuo was in, she grew a little frustrated by the fact that he had apparently moved to a new location. This was going to make her late as she had to take a small break outside the building and she got a bit lost in thought as she was staring at herself in a window. One brilliant emerald iris with a white pupil and the other eye unable to open no matter how much she tried to. It was... new to her. Her vision remained unaffected but it was just not something she was exactly accustom to.

After looking at herself for a few moments, she was off and by the time she officially arrive, she was roughly ten minutes late and she was breathing heavy now as she was at his doors finally, going to walk inside as she was rubbing some sweat from her forehead. "M-m-my ap-pologies, Akari-S-Senpai... I-I... got a b-bit lost..." She murmured loud enough for him to hear and he would definitely to be able to tell just how much she had been going around. He'd see it immediately, the signs of the Genma that now inhabited her as she was stumbling her way closer to his desk. "T-Tamamushi, S-Shishi... reporting." She got out with a huff as she was trying to return her breathing to normal.
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by Niro » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:42 pm

"Ah! Shishi, you're here." Tatsuo's entire body perked up from his paperwork, his posture righting itself from some slouched over mess into sitting ramrod straight for the moment as the chuunin came through his office doors huffing with beads of sweat framing her face. Tatsuo smiled gently at the shy girl, his eyes seeming to glimmer in the light and his smile warmer than most in Iwagakure before motioning her to sit in the chair at the front of his desk. When she finally sat down, Tatsuo released his posture into something more comfortable and let out a small sigh. The entire action of motioning someone to sit in his office and not just some rented space was awkward to the young man. He, like Shishi, was also 16 but due to his strength and track record the young Akari had been given much on his plate in his so-far short life. Shishi's new companion had dumped a steaming pile onto her plate like his astrashiin had done for him. Their poor, rather fortunate in some peoples' minds, situations had let Tatsuo develop a sort of kinship with the girl.

"Wow, new eyes? The green and white is pretty but I miss seeing the normal chocolate." Tatsuo lightly teased the girl as he began to sift through the paperwork on his desk and shift into a more serious mood. "I'm surprised you were only 10 minutes late, to be completely honest. It even took me a 30 minute detour before I found this place the first time. You'd think the castle half built into a mountain side would give it away but no, I'm just as dense as the rocks we stand on." Tatsuo chuckled before pulling a copy of Shishi's file from his paperwork.

"Okay then, todaaaay..." Tatsuo started on with his voice trailing off, opening up the folder and scanning the notes before nodding his head and sending his hair shaking to and fro. "Jeez, higher ups really don't care about subtlety I guess. First topic on the itinerary for the day; how have you been acclimating to chuunin life? Any issues with squad mates or genin or other chuunin not listening to your command?" He asked as he reached for a notepad and ink well to take notes before setting his gaze back upon Shishi's face.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

FluffyGinja

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:23 pm

With a slight bow of her head, Shishi took a seat in the chair that was gestured to. She was taking a moment to catch her breath as she listened to Tatsuo speaking to her, taking the time to absorb the information. Deciding to tackle what he was saying as it was coming up, she gave him a small smile... but shrugged afterwards. "W-well, I mmmiss them t-too... but I-I can s-still s-see j-just fine..." She stated softly as she looked directly at Tatsuo. "T-The fffunky p-part is t-trying to close m-my eyes. T-That... feels w-weird." It seemed that she had regressed a little bit from before with him. Her stutter and drawn out letters were more frequent and her eyes were darting around the room somewhat as if she was hearing things but couldn't make them out.

"S-So far... I-I... I can s-say it is a-alright. S-Some people s-still... see me a-as weak... and d-don't listen but I-I keep g-going nonetheless... I-If they w-wont do it... I-I do it to prove t-their laziness... A-Aside from that... I r-recently met with m-my tutor, Kotaru, w-who has t-taught me some nnnew things and gave m-me a-a reminder to c-continue to b-b-better myself." With that, she pulled down the shirt she was wearing over her left shoulder to reveal what looked like a stab wound but done with something pointed and cylindrical. "O-Other than that... B-being a Chuunin is n-not that much of a c-chaaallenge... I f-feel comfortable."
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by Niro » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:44 am

Tatsuo gave her a half smile as she admitted that getting used to the vision changes was weird. He couldn't imagine; one eye being permanently closed but still being able to see like normal? Genma were weird and their effects on the bodies and minds of their hosts were just as weird. The change forced upon Shishi's body by Hashoru no Hanshagenma was minor but was still more invasive than the golden ring on the crown of the host of the Nolosha no Ukiyogenma, the other Genma possessed by Iwagakure.

The half smile fell from his face as she mentioned people still seeing her as weak. She had survived the sealing of a Phantom Beast, not many could survive and tell the tale but he rationalized they probably weren't privy to the fact that she had had a Genma shoved into her gut and chakra system.

'Peers still being dicks and don't listen. Find out who isn't listening and when - talk to their jounin.' Tatsuo scribbled down along his notepad, not caring for the crude language as the notes were for his personal records rather than something he'd submit to the administration of the village.

'Not letting it get to her, rather using it as a motivator to get stronger. Good progress.' He added to the notes before his eyes narrowed about her meeting with Kotaru. Something had happened. It was Kotaru, of course something had happened and he could only imagine what had gone down. Shishi revealing the pierce wound to her was actually less than he had expected. Thoughts of her being covered in them had been his initial fear, seeing it as only one was relieving.

"I'm glad you're taking both the wound and the words of those assh-I mean peers as motivators but at the same time I'd rather you not get hurt, whether it be physically or mentally. How's your shoulder besides the wound? No structural damage? If there is, you need to actually visit one of the hospital and I need to go smack Kota upside his head again and put him on his ass." Tatsuo lamented as he ran his eyes over the wound. His hand began to move again as he wrote in his notes. 'Smack Kotaru. Again.'

"Next on the agenda is your new pal; how's she been? Previous hosts are on record saying she's usually cooperative with her hosts but who knows. She might be grumpy having to be moved from her storage container and sealed again." Tatsuo asked, a worried frown painting his face.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

FluffyGinja

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:55 am

"A-Actually, K-Kotaru... t-took mmme to a h-hospital... H-H-He... f-felt... b-bad." She murmured as she was actually smiling a little bit there. Even if she was afraid of Kotaru, she had appreciated that moment from him. It had meant something to her. However, the next question that was asked of her made her pause for a moment and think. "S-She... speaks in m-my head. Iiii... It is d-difficult to t-think at t-times. H-her voice iiis like a mmother though... S-soft and w-warm. T-T-There are urges n-now... T-Trying to be around mmmore people and t-trying to stay c-calm e-even if right now, m-my voice s-says otherwise." Which was true as she was rubbing her head. She wasn't really fidgeting or twitching and even though she seemed to be a bit more afraid, she was calm about it.

In Shishi's head, she could hear the voice of the Genma speaking to her, something that was such a brand new experience to her that it made her unsure of the words that were being said. "Calm yourself, girl. Think more on the words and the stutter will stop. He likes you, you know... I can see that." The voice in her head seemed to be egging her own to force some sort of calm state. "O-Oh! T-There is also a new thing... My c-chakra is different now. A-And... I can tell your n-natural affinity for certain e-elements. R-Raiton first, with Doton to follow." Her vision was locked on him and she could very truly see his affinities. Each one was distinct, with Raiton being like crackling lightning and Doton being like coarse, moving dirt. Tatsuo would likely notice that, suddenly, her voice was growing far more relaxed and that she was seemingly far less afraid.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by Niro » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:22 pm

The look on Tatsuo's face shifted to disbelief and then skepticism as Shishi mentioned Kotaru actually feeling bad about hurting someone. "Kotaru? Feel bad? Are you sure? Boy might be malfunctioning if so." Tatsuo joked before falling silent and just watching Shishi in comparison to their previous meetings. She was still giving off a nervous energy but the girl was right, even if it remained her overall posture and presence did come across as calmer. The young jounin had begun to worry for a moment when the girl mentioned urges but immediately relaxed as she explained the content and extent of them.

"Really? That's good to know. You're syncing up well with her then if you can already tell such things apart. One second." Tatsuo commented, closing his eyes and focusing on his Sensory. Within his Mind's Eye he could see both he and Shishi's chakra. His normal light blue chakra pulsed rhythmically as it flowed through his body and chakra system. Shishi's own chakra had changed from the normal light blue to a cream colored chakra with the Genma's well of chakra being a dense, darker cream color settled within the pit of her stomach. "Yeah, the entirety of your chakra reserves and system are dyed cream now. I can see her within your chakra circulatory system but if I was some random sensor who didn't know there was a Genma within you I'd be confused as hell.

Next order of business also involves your new friend. You can see chakra and you can see affinities, have you tried learning anything yet when exposed to new affinities? Any attempts to tap into her power?"
Tatsuo asked as he opened his eyes and refocused on Shishi while his hand moved back to his notepad, ready for document anything interest Shishi may share.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

FluffyGinja

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:35 pm

"H-he did feel bad... It was j-just a simple test... but I-I... kind of got h-him a few times." She stated as she seemed a bit proud by that, remembering the fuuin she had used on him to essentially stop his initial assault. "O-OH! I-I have tried to but I-I'm not that g-gifted with elements in the past s-so... I've not been a-able to really produce a-anything. It s-seems I a-am unable to really t-tap into her... but I had a s-simple idea for something. I-I've no clue if it e-exists but there was a r-record of an object m-made long ago f-for the original E-Empathy host... I-It could turn p-pure chakra based a-attacks into elemental ones." She stated with a small smile on her face as her eyes were looking at Tatsuo with a sort of wonder in them. "I-It was said t-to be lost t-though." She grumbled out softly as she had wanted to obtain it for her own purposes.

"H-Honestly, she... gives me a l-lot of help with m-my focus and c-cures some of m-my tendencies... It is... n-nice... A-Almost like a personal m-mom in my head... which i-is odd at times." She said with a soft bit of angelic laughter coming from her as she was looking around his office a bit more now.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by Niro » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:55 am

"Good, I'm glad you were able to hit him back. He's a cocky little shit and it's nice to hear that people aren't letting him bully them without consequences. Hopefully he'll grow up a bit and people will like him more." Tatsuo replied to Shishi's comment on being able to land blows on Kotaru. The boy was much stronger than most his age and it had gotten to the younger Akari's head at points. It was always nice to hear about humbling moments involving his ward.

"We can ask the research teams to do some looking into the item, seem if there has been any mentions of it or if any leads of its whereabouts are floating about. I have a feeling the village wouldn't mind investing in its jinchuuriki like so." He went on, jotting down in his notes the mention of the item and Shishi's interest in possibly finding it.

"Okay, the next bit the village has tasked me with in regards to your new companion is attempting to draw out her power and allow you to train in better controlling it. Drawing out a Genma's chakra, however, is done by emotional distress or extreme situations. Do you wish to do this now or would you prefer to prepare for it?" Tatsuo asked as he locked his eyes onto Shishi's own with a worried frown spread across his face.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

FluffyGinja

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 pm

"With all due respect, I feel we should wait... I've barely obtained her and it seems that I'm just getting used to having a second voice in my head. Let alone getting anything other than noticing other people's affinities. I need some time to just... understand some things better if you don't mind, Senpai." Shishi's voice was surprisingly calm for once as she was being rational about this, attempting to reason it out and try to make sure she was prepared to an extent. "I feel that once I can get a deeper connection, proceeding would be a great idea. Which means... I need to practice even doing a simple jutsu that isn't primarily ninjutsu." She said sheepishly as she really was mostly ninjutsu based.

"Thank you, Senpai... For all your help so far." That was the last thing Shishi said before she was silent, waiting to see how Tatsuo felt about this as she was trying to give him a show of confidence that maybe things were going to be alright. After all... this was the first time he had ever heard her speak without stuttering so maybe the Genma was doing more than she realized.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Check Up

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:14 pm

"Okay then. You'll have a month to train and we'll reconvene in the training grounds within the Headquarters here to work on drawing out her power." Tatsuo replied with a nod as his eyes fell to his notes to look over them. He nodded to himself before looking back up at Shishi. "You're dismissed for now. I'll see you again a month from now unless you wish for my help in training any jutsu."

"It is my pleasure, I'll see you soon." He finished as he flashed a smile at the girl.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”