[Graded][Plotboard] Tension

[PB]Vale and Tatsuo

The Legend Excalibur

[Graded][Plotboard] Tension

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 pm

The midday's sun bared all on Aku's face as he made his way around the area that The Pit was located in. Similar to most structures in Iwagakure, and more so it's sister facility located far from the village, 95% of the prison located underground, composed of sub-level upon sub-level of cells, checkpoints, barracks, open areas, and hallways. The above-ground portion was little more than two guard towers, positioned over the entrance, which functioned using fuuin-based doton jutsu to lower the ground down.

Work and life within the prison could be monotonous. Aku ran a tight schedule and had even tighter regulations. Each and every minute of the prisoner's day were planned to the second. He often oversaw portions of the schedule himself, both to make sure everything was done properly, and to remind those within the kind of trouble that awaited if they even thought about stepping out of line.

Living like that, day in and day out, it was easy to go insane. Or to lose you're edge. His guards had regular shift changes to keep this from happening, while Aku himself... well. He was a open workaholic. He and his wife barely took breaks from work, leaving Vale to mostly raise Memi. It was regrettable, but his duties as a shinobi were too important. He returned home when he could, he made a point to do so at least once a week, if possible.

He'd actually planned to do so today, after he had finished up his affairs within the prison. He just needed a bit of time to himself. He'd not been summoned again by the Elders since... his hands clenched into fists at even the thought of the brat. Kotaru. He'd honestly considered killing him, right there and then. To even be so bold as to speak about his daughter like that....

He sighed, releasing his fists and taking a seat underneath a tree, the shade cooling both his mind and his temper. He wore the basic Iwa shinobi attire, sans his glaive. He couldn't protect Memi, nor could Vale. Maybe it was time for her to focus on her taijutsu...
KirigakureOho TetsuJounin A-Rank Missing Ninja
IwagakureAkari Vale • Genin
IwagakureWu Sun • Chuunin
KonohagakureNara Shikado • Chuunin

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tension

Post by Niro » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:15 pm

News of Akari, Kotaru's meeting with the Elders of the Akari clan along with other members in the form of Akari, Vale and Akari, Memi and their father, Akari, Akuu had found its way to the household of Kotaru. The boy's adoptive father, Kakuto, had been the first to hear the news from one of the Elders himself. The elder Akari had placed his face in his hands and sighed upon hearing the news while following up with a stern talking to Kotaru about how one shouldn't threaten a man's daughter lest he face something unholy. Kakuto understood the tone that had been used by the boy but he did not think Kotaru actually knew how his words came out, leading him to take it easy with the boy in his scolding and focusing on his actions against another Akari rather than how he had chosen to deal with the Elders. That was for Kotaru to figure out himself if he wished to fall into their ploy or not.

The news had also made its way to one Akari, Tatsuo; Kotaru's adopted older brother. Hearing what Kotaru did and the actions that had arisen had caused a long, loud groan to be expelled from the boy's mouth. Tatsuo had hoped Kotaru would have learned when to tone down the snark but it seemed the younger Akari still had not refined his edge. It had led to Tatsuo smacking Kotaru upside the head, again, hard enough to upend him and put him on his ass, again, and lecturing him about how not to pick fights with Akari he had no data on lest he wind up a meal.

Although he had scolded Kotaru, Tatsuo had told no one about his final actions in this ordeal. No one put their hand on his brother like that and walked away scott free; those who had were at least 6-feet under, if not deeper. He'd be paying Akari, Akuu a visit today. As the sun began to set on Iwagakure no Sato and the shifts of the guards within the village changed, Tatsuo had made his way to the Pit and sat cross-legged in front of its public entrance as he awaited Akuu to walk out. He expected, at this point, all Akari to know who he was upon sight and his reputation of savagely ripping his foes apart after his last Arena brawl. Now it was time to find out if that was true or not.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

The Legend Excalibur

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:13 am

Having spent enough time sifting through his thoughts alone, Aku had resolved to return to the Pit, and finish out the rest of shift, in an effort to return home somewhat earlier than usual. He'd decided to begin Memi in intense taijutsu training. Unlike her brother, she didn't possess the strength practice their brand of pole-arm and haft weapon fighting, so instead he'd hire a tutor to teach her in sword techniques. Her Astrashiin was only as powerful as the shiin it was used with, thus before she could even unlock it's potential, she'd need to enter the Arena. Anything she learned now could only help her in the long run.

As he made his way towards the prison's entrance to return to it's depths, his side thoughts we're broken by an strange scene; someone sitting in front of the entrance, and not being engaged by any of the sentries. Taking glances at the, it wasn't so much they weren't engaging him... it was more so they were making a point of ignoring him. Making a note of who was on duty for disciplinary action later, he approached the individual, and upon seeing their face, he somewhat understood why.

"Tatsuo. What brings you to sit in entrance of my prison?" He asked neutrally. Akari Tatsuo. Another prodigy of the clan. Only a a couple of years older than Vale but still able to be considered apart of the current generation. Though his duties as Warden often kept him from attending the Arena, that didn't stop the rumors from reaching his ears. A savage in his battles, he possessed several powerful shiin, including the astra, the same as Memi.

As one the few known user of the shiin, he'd actually spoke to the council about the possibility of the boy training her in its use. Maybe they'd decided on it? "Are you here because of the council?" He had to be careful. Only their immediate family and the Elder Council knew of Memi, so really her on false pretenses was a particularly dangerous subject.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by Niro » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:27 am

Tatsuo had taken his seat at the front of the prison entrance and time had passed. The guards at the front of the prison had approached him at one point when he had first sat down but he had just glared them down until they went back to their posts while avoiding his gaze. Following the guards poking their nose in his matter, the young jounin had straightened his posture before closing his eyes and expanding his sensor jutsu as he waited. His waiting and meditating had lulled him into almost falling asleep before the voice of Aku rung throughout the air from behind and caused his eyes to reopen as the man entered his vision.

"The Warden not at his post? I guess even you slack off at times." Tatsuo teased from his spot on the ground as he looked at Aku. The man's question and subsequent follow up question about the Elders had piqued his interest besides the issue with Kotaru. "The Elders? Pft. I don't listen to their summons ever; I prefer not to be the pawns of old fools who'll one day be in belly." He went on and grinned while licking the right side of his lower lip. "What did you ask the Elders in regards to me, Aku?" Tatsuo asked, the tone of his words clearly reflecting he was not one who enjoyed any inference in his life by the Elders. Most Akari would be punished for such insolence but he possessed something none of the Elders did; the astrashiin. They wanted to use him because of it and in return he would eat them all and merge them into one shiin with their precious treasure whether they realized it or not.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

The Legend Excalibur

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Aku experienced a minor feeling of annoyance at the suggestion that he was shirking his duties as warden. He was a very blunt and literal man, often time saying what he meant as he meant it. He'd learned over the years that not everyone had a similar attitude as him, and so he usually gave people leeway when they spoke to him in such a manner. Though he don't think he'd ever completely be able to ignore questions of his duty or responsibility.

Upon both hearing and seeing Tatsuo's confusion over his comment on the Elders, he concluded that the boy had not been consulted about it. How could he have, if he never attended the summons as he said. Sighing and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "It's... nothing, Tatsuo. But maybe you should consider attending a summons once and a while." Memi would need to find some other tutor for his astrashiin, it seemed. It was difficult for Aku to understand those of Vale's generation. Tatsuo, that brat, Kotaru, and even Vale, seemed to hold a certain resentment for their fellow Akari. If these were the next inheritors of the clan, he'd have fears for the future.

"Careful in how you speak of the Elders, Tatsuo. You may yet be the strongest of our clan, but they are both of our betters. They deserve the respect of each of us. They've earned it." Aku resented scolding others, believing the best teacher to be experience. But what could one gain when their experience left them dead?

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by Niro » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 am

"Mmm...I think it's something if you're going to bring it up in public, outside of the clan grounds. Especially important, if so. I'd rather listen to whatever you asked them to ask of me than to listen to them myself; you'd also have a much higher chance of being successful if you did so yourself." Tatsuo shrugged from his sitting position on the ground. "Heh, me? Attend a summons? Never. The Elders of the clan only want me for one thing and one thing only; astrashiin. If I was any other Akari with an eroshiin or a lacrishiin they wouldn't even know my name for another handful of years. I'm not one who enjoys being used by those who think they're my betters."

Tatsuo barked out a cacophony of laughter at the notion of the Elders being better than the rest of the Akari. He stood up, the bones in his knees and ankles cracking in turn as he did so before Tatsuo also reached down with his hands and brushed the bits of dirt from his pants. "They're NOT better than us and I'm not sure why our clan seems to have fallen for their trickery. They care for nothing except their own greed and will let others die for it. They sat and watched as the Arena fell into bloody chaos after my most recent fight rather than even attempt to quell the riot. They let the Akari within the Arena fight until they were dead and once there were only stragglers did they step in to clean up the bodies. Why? Because they realized the common Akari outnumbered them to a point it became dangerous. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if an agent of theirs was to blame for the riot, either. I would keep you and your family away from them lest you all be swallowed up in their greed, Aku." Tatsuo warned the man who, more than likely, had been unable to witness the sheer carnage within the Arena that day. A man unable to see how entire families of Akari had been ripped to pieces while the Elders had fled with small smiles on their faces as the clan culled its own numbers.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

The Legend Excalibur

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Aku listened to Tatsuo's outburst in silence, letting the younger shinobi vent. What he'd said was at least partially true. The Elders rarely took note of individuals within the clan unless they possessed some quality that led them to stand out. For himself, he could say his position as Warden within Iwa was a major factor. For Tatsuo, and that other brat, they were clearly the prodigies of their generation. Memi, her astrashiin. Vale... he wasn't sure of their interest in him.

But these points all seemed normal, to Aku. The Elder's responsibilities were to nurture the clan, as a whole. They couldn't be bothered to know every single individuals name, especially if they were weak, and served the clan no purpose. This went for any other clan, as far as he knew.

"Tatsuo." He said in a tired and weary tone. He'd heard of the riots a day after they'd happened, and himself wondered how'd they had gotten to that point. "What greed do you think the Elders possess? Our clan have laws, restrictions on how and when a shiin can be taken. Shiin are a powerful tool for us, but it is just that: a tool. Power without substance is nothing. This theory you have... this..." he lowered his voice, noting the guards still nearby, "...theory that the Elders are culling our numbers through some grand manipulation?" He sighed, heavily. "I won't begin entertain it."

"You still haven't answered my initial question, Tatsuo." He said, changing the subject away from the tense topic. "Why are you here?"

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by Niro » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm

A predatory smile came over Tatsuo's face as Aku denied the Elders' hands in the plot. He knew Aku was a loyalist to the current regime, raised and molded by their hands. If he could get the man to side with him? It'd be a blow to the Elders.

"And what do you think when I tell you this...As I escaped with my family in tow from the Arena out of the top most floor of the building, where the Elders offices and meeting rooms are held, I came across one of them. She smiled at me and told me 'Ah, young Tatsuo. I am...glad to see you survived the cleansing.' It isn't a THEORY, Aku. It is fact that they had their agents cause the riot. Would you still side with them if Vale or your daughter had been caught up in the mess? They care nothing for us Akari besides seeing us as pawns in their games." Tatsuo went on, looking Aku straight in the eyes as he told his half-lie, not flinching in the slightest or showing any outward sign of his deception.

"I'll answer your question once you answer mine. What did you ask the Elders to ask of me? Maybe to train Vale? He has promise and potential but I don't know if he could keep up with how I train. He might break before he even reaches his limits. Or maybe your youngest? She'd probably get along well with my own sisters." Tatsuo went on, shrugging as he finished talking. "Again, it is better and a higher chance of success if you ask me face-to-face rather than asking through a middle man."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

The Legend Excalibur

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Aku's eyes narrowed at Tatsuo's continued words on the topic. Considering the boy's attitude towards the Elders, every word from now on would be needed to be taken with a grain of salt. And the attempt of bringing his family into it only furthered his wariness. As warden, he'd received a number of threats toward himself, his family, and to anyone that knew him. Their aim was to rile the man, to cause him to lash out at this. And rarely, on bad days... they'd receive their wish. He was normally a composed person, but bringing up his family was a sensitive trigger.

And now it seemed Tatsuo wanted to use that to illicit a response from him, as well. Controlling his breathing to calm his temper, Aku would think through his next words carefully. Tatsuo wasn't going to tell him what he came for without an answer, and the time he wasted here would be the cause of him returning home later. "If we are pawns in a game, then it is what it is Tatsuo. Don't attempt to coerce me by using my children. Please. His please was laced with the edge of his anger, as it simmered within him. "And as far as the Elders...." he sighed once more, and rubbed the bridge of his nose, "One of them has taken an interest in Vale. She believes he may bloom into another prodigy, with the right guidance. We talked of... you potentially being a mentor to him."
-------------------------------------
Vale rushed across the rooftops of the village, a bag in hand containing a homemade bento box he and Memi had made the night before. Today was the start of his father's scheduled leave from the prison, and that meant he'd return home. Unfortunately, being the workaholic and shinobi he was, he'd stay as long as it took to ensure things were in order before his departure.

He knew his father's breaks relatively well, and knew soon he'd be returning to finish off his shift. Vale had promised his sister he'd get the lunch to him in time, and he couldn't bear to upset her. A months worth of the silent treatment really got to a person. As he cleared his last leap, he'd come to a rooftop overlooking the entrance to the prison. The guards knew who he was, and after a short check in would probably let him wait at the door. "Woah, looks like I just made it..." His voice drifted off as his eyes caught sight of his father, stopped near the entrance and chatting with... Tatsuo? "What's going on there?" He said, as he crouched near the edge, overlooking the two. He couldn't hear them, but his eyesight was well enough to make out their expressions.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by Niro » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:31 pm

"You would let you and yours be sacrificial pawns in someone else's game? A chess master does not worry about the pawns. All you tell me by saying that is that you believe you and your family do not deserve to forge your own futures and that they should be controlled." Tatsuo commented, while taking a step back from Aku as a frown filled with disappointed spread across his face. He had hoped Aku would be able to see reason but the man was too set in the ways of the old generation; any deviation from those ways would be hard to force.

"Like I said, Vale has potential but I fear I am...too strong to be his mentor. He wouldn't last one training session with me without receiving serious wounds. Plus, I only recently acquired my duo of phasmashiin. Trying to teach someone how to use theirs while I am still just getting used to my own would be placing both parties in unneeded danger. I suggest he pair up with another Akari genin and learn from the experience before he comes to me for mentoring. I'd gladly train him but I refuse to break him." Tatsuo replied to the elder Akari, firm on his stance. Vale was still just a genin, forcing him into a training regimen he couldn't ever hop to pass would only serve to set the boy back rather than help him grow. He turned to leave before a light bulb went off in his head as to why he was here in the first place. He stopped and turned before locking eyes with Aku once again.

"Oh, last thing." Tatsuo started, the usual nonchalant air about him changing as he narrowed his eyes on Aku and his entire demeanor changed to a predator staring down its prey. The sheer oppressive aura rolling from his body would be enough to scare off any lower ranked ninja. "Kotaru stepped out of line with his comments but do remember the boy is barely a teen and doesn't know the power his words hold. He's been punished. Keep your hands off of him lest you'd prefer not to have any hands at all."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

The Legend Excalibur

[Plotboard] Tension

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 pm

He listened to Tatsuo, keeping a firm lock on his anger and his temper. He was sure now that the boy was playing a dangerous game. Even if they were pawns in some grand scheme, Aku would not let his family get dragged into it choosing a side. He'd keep them neutral. He and his wife were so involved with Iwa that they only kept up on clan affairs through gossip or the occasional visit. Memi at the moment was valued for her shiin, meaning that there'd be little chance for harm to her, as of yet. But Vale....

His son was dangerously close to this line of thinking. If Tatsuo actually took him as a pupil, he could push his son to the edge. That couldn't happen. As he finished, Aku began going through his own thoughts on how to handle this new information, the situation at hand, and his children's future, only to catch the young Akari's eye once more.

Something he hadn't felt in a while. Some one dared look at him as prey. He could feel the oppressive aura given off by Tatsuo envelop their surroundings, even noticing out the corner of his eye a guard beginning to fidget uncomfortably. The Akari, in all seriousness, could be compared to wolves; fighting for dominance and prey, only the strong would emerge to lead a pack. When one challenged another, it did not always have to be through words, or through fists. Sometimes, it was as simple as a battle of wills, to see who would falter first.

Though nothing physically changed, Aku's eyes seem to harden and turn cold, his stare being more than enough to cause any lesser shinobi to cower. But not Tatsuo. He was strong. Perhaps the strongest in the clan. And this indirect challenge was only him protecting his family. Aku knew that. He understood it. It was the reason he'd lost his temper at Kotaru. He recognized he'd been wrong, in that moment, at that time.

He blinked, releasing his hostility, his anger. Aku was not a perfect man. He made mistakes."Keep him away from my daughter." Was all he said, and entered the gates of the prison, the continue into it's depths to finish his shift.
----------------------------------------------
Though Vale was too far to hear what was exactly being said, he was near enough to the two to shiver, as he felt their hostility clash towards one another. What was happening? Did Tatsuo and his father known each other somehow.... or did it have to do with what occurred in the Council Chamber? He had worried some kind of retaliation would come from it. His father had only reacted that way because of Kotaru's words... that wasn't so wrong, was it? Just like Kota threatening him over Tatsuo's Astra....

As it seemed the two would come to blows, they'd seperate, his father entering the prison, while Tatsuo would turn to go down the road. Vale watched on, contemplating what to do. His father likely wouldn't say anything on the matter... but maybe Tatsuo would...?

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”