[Graded][Plotboard] The Successor

Kao

[Graded][Plotboard] The Successor

Post by Kao » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:25 am

Dark clouds swirled above Iwagakure, threatening a powerful storm. The markets would usually have been buzzing as merchants and customers bartered amongst themselves, but the threat of a strong storm sent most indoors or below ground. Despite the tempest that was rolling in, it was a typical day in the Village Hidden in the Stones for its residents, and all seemed well as they went about their day to day lives.

They didn't know the danger that that was waiting to be unleashed.

After months of searching, they had finally found a suitable candidate. The Hanshagenma had been without a host for what seemed like ages, but the upper echelon of the village had come across someone who may be of use to them. It had been years since they had any successful jinchuuriki. The lack of hosts weakened the overall strength of the village, and to many in power, that was unacceptable. Many had tried to become a host, but nearly all had died during the sealing. Perhaps this girl would be different, and they would finally obtain a new weapon of destruction to add to the village's arsenal, one that was worth the time and investment and would use the genma to its full potential.

Two people made their way to her known residence. One was tall and thin with dark pink hair, his expression locked into a severe frown. The other was an older woman who had a much more pleasant countenance and was dressed in emerald green robes of silk . The pair knocked on the door of Tamamushi Shishi's residence, awaiting to meet the girl they hoped would become the next jinchuuriki of Iwagakure.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

[Plotboard] The Successor

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Inside her home within the Northern District of Iwagakure, Shishi was barely finishing up breakfast when she heard a knock on the door which prompted her to rush off, calling to her parents that she had it. As the steps to the door grew closer, Shishi opened the door to see two figures she didn't recognize right off the bat. There was a tilt to her head as she took a moment to rack her brain for knowledge of them but she couldn't seem to recall anything. "H-How m-may I h-help you?" She asked them both quietly as she gave them a friendly, albeit reserved and small smile. She was trying to get better about her communication but each day since Kotaru seemed to have gotten a little worse. The residual fear she had for him was something that made her insides curl and squeeze in on themselves.

Her eyes scanned over the figures. Tall, think, with dark pink hair and what seemed like a perpetual frown. It put her on edge immediately while the older woman seemed far more sweet and kind, the emerald coloured silk robes accentuating her figure well and making her seem even more grand than Shishi's family, who were fairly wealthy traders among the village.
Hitoke, Ibuku - Genin - Konohagakure No Sato - #00A5DB
Ogata Amiya - B Rank - Iwagakure No Sato - slategrey

Kao

Post by Kao » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:14 am

The older woman stepped forward, dipping her head in a slight but respectful bow. She continued to smile, her countenance cheerful as she gaze Shishi a quick look over. "My, my. Such a timid little thing. The reports on your demeanor were not exaggerating. But she is a cute girl, isn't she?" The man behind her grunted, his gaze moving upward as if he was about to roll his eyes. He seemed to think better of it, turning his attention back to the young chuunin. The woman didn't seem to notice him, nor did she flinch when lightning snaked across the sky and was followed by a rumbling clap of thunder. "My name is Sakata Kanna. Behind me is Hazuki Shuran. I am a member of the council of Iwagakure, and I've come to meet with you, young Tamamushi Shishi."

Another clap of thunder sounded, and this time the older woman's gaze flickered to the ever-darkening clouds above. "My, my. What a storm this is. Perhaps we should talk indoors. I'd hate to get my robes wet, they're made of silk." The woman exuded an air of importance and authority that indicated this was in no way a suggestion. She all but invited herself in, but she had enough courtesy to wait until Shishi moved aside before walking into the home. Before entering, she would say, "I suppose your parents aren't home? Either way, I've come to speak directly to you, my dear."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:22 pm

"Y-Yes! Please, c-come inside. M-My family is c-currently away on b-business." She murmured softly as she was gesturing for them to step inside. She could practically smell the rain that was going to be coming down soon as she was allowing them inside by stepping out of the way. When they entered, she would shut the door softly behind them. "P-Please, sit a-anywhere you like." Her voice was a bit more high now, showing her slight nervousness at one of the council members being within her home and she was surprised they were here to see her and not her parents this time.

"I-Is there anything I-I can get f-for you today?" Doing her best to be polite, Shishi was hoping that she was doing a good enough job because she had never really done this before under these sort of circumstances. She was going to allow this woman to talk as she pleased but she was going to make sure that her presence was welcome as Shishi was prepared to accommodate her as needed.

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Kanna smiled warmly as she walked into the home, followed closely by the stern looking man. Lightning flashed wildly as the door closed, followed by thunder that seemed to shake the entire village. The woman sat on a simple but elegant chair, fitting for someone of her station. Shuran, on the other hand, stood at her side with his hands clasped behind him. He levied a heavy gaze toward Shishi, which would no doubt make her uncomfortable and possibly wonder even more why the two were there.

"What a lovely home," Kanna breathed as she looked around the tastefully decorated room. "It reminds me of my own home, and my personal office chambers. One day I hope to show you around. But unfortunately I'm not here to discuss décor. I'm here to discuss you, and your progress and life as a shinobi. Tell me, dear, how is your career thus far? I've read that you recently were promoted to chuunin and there were many people who were surprised with the results. You showed a fortitude that those familiar with you didn't know you had. It's intriguing, your growth." As the woman spoke, she watched Shishi carefully. She observed her body language, where she set her gaze, and any fidgeting or ticks the young kunoichi might display. She would take note of her tone and speech pattern, listening beyond the girl's prominent stutter. Kanna was a person who noticed small details in other's behavior. With her job, it was necessary to discern someone's temperament and behavior in the span of only one conversation.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:36 pm

"W-Well... I-I am coming a-along okay... I-I have... g-good teachers. B-Both Kotaru-sensei and Tatsuo-senpai..." Her voice was soft as she was looking between them both, going to take a seat herself as she was careful to watch Kanna. "I-I... I w-was s-surprised myself... b-but t-that day... T-there was a fffire in me... And I-I-I didn't w-w-want t-to diiisappoint m-myself..." She murmured as she was now even more nervous than before. It was due to the nature of the conversation and due to just what felt like a sudden amount of weight on her shoulders. Her right hand came up to rub her left shoulder, over the somewhat still fresh wound as she was nervous about what was going to proceed from all this. "I-I... f-ffeel my career a-a-as a s-shinobi h-has been... r-rough b-but manageable."

Shishi was trying to remain as clear and concise as possible, not wanting to deviate too far from the current questions that were being asked... but she was anxious to know what this visit was really about and she was desperate to make it all be over with so that she could finally calm herself back down.

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:12 am

When the young chuunin mentioned the Akari boys, Kanna gave a small smile. "Ah, yes, those two. I'm pleased you're involved with such prominent shinobi. I look forward to meeting them, when their time comes. Their growth thrills me, and I hope it facilitates your own." Kanna paused to take note of the way she gingerly touched her shoulder. "Does it hurt, dear?" she asked, nodding toward Shishi's shoulder. "I've been watching you for some time - having you watched, rather - so I know about your visit to the hospital not long ago."

This information might be shocking to the girl, and Kanna expected it to be. It was rare for council members to take interest in individual shinobi, especially in those who were only chuunin. But the woman had her reasons, which she was slow to reveal. There was no sense in alarming the girl or overwhelming her. "It is our village's nature to be rough at times, to push one another to the limits in our quests for strength and glory. I will tell you now that there will be a day when you endure far worse. But if you continue on, continue to be resilient in the face of conflict, you will emerge with newfound strength every time.

"Speaking of strength,"
Kanna leaned forward slightly, staring down the girl in earnest, "what do you know of spirits, of the ones called genma? Have you heard of them, Shishi?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:50 pm

"N-Not anymore... It is j-just a bit of s-scarring n-now..." She stated as she knew that the village's natural roughness was something she was never really used to... but it was definitely a surprise to her to hear that she was being watched by members of the council. "I-I... have h-heard of them. S-Some reading about s-some Genma hosts t-that were a-available. O-Otherwise, n-no. I-I k-kept it to s-strictly l-light reading for s-such matters. They were i-interesting b-but I-I prefer my b-books on entomology." She was looking between Kanna and the man that she was with, a bit confused as to what was being asked. In her head, she would not dare presume that something more was going on here.

"I-If you d-do not mind... w-what is it t-that you w-wanted to see me about? I-I-I am a little... c-confused about w-why the topic of G-Genma came up r-rapidly."

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 am

"Ahh..." The woman sighed in contemplation as she eyed the young chuunin. Shishi was inquisitive, and her question suggested that she was not afraid to ask questions, which Kanna found to be a fine trait to have. The woman had endured countless people sitting before her submissively, too afraid to speak up or even raise their head. Whether she knew it or not, directly asking a council member such a question indicated Shishi had a boldness about her buried beneath her stammer. Kanna raised her hand, and the man behind her stepped forward.

The tall and thin man looked down on the girl, his face locked into a deep scowl. Unlike Kanna there was no warmth about him, only the cold and detached air of a businessman who had a high opinion of himself. "It just so happens that the genma is the reason we are here. Iwagakure has long harbored two of the ancient spirits known as genma. They are powerful chakra beings that are nearly impossible to control...without a host." He eyed her, his gaze similar to a spider waiting on its prey to entangle itself in its web. "With a human host, a genma can be utilized as a powerful weapon. We've been searching for a suitable host for months, and we believe we have find the perfect candidate in you."

Both Kanna and Shuran watched Shishi, waiting for her reaction. In their long tenure they had seen everything from shock to terror, eagerness to confusion in response to their decision. They had chosen the girl to become the next host of the Hanshagenma.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 am

Confusion, followed immediately by bewilderment, by mild shock... and then a bit of eagerness that came with the promise of power. "I-I s-see... W-W-Well, I-I want to s-say I'm prepared... b-but t-that would be a l-lie..." Her eyes were glancing between Kanna, the softer and seemingly more calm woman such a contrast to the bitter and more sour man. Shishi was trying to gather her thoughts together properly for a few moments of silence. About a minute would pass before she would speak up and she was so focused that she was staring directly forward at Kanna, trying to make sure her words were less cluttered by stuttering. "I graciously a-accept the offer given to me with honor... I-I will never let the village down." With only two instances of her voice cracking up, she exhaled a breath that she had been holding before looking around at them once more.

"A-Another question i-if you p-p-permit me... W-Which one i-i-is it?" She knew that there were at least two in the village but she was unaware of the last two hosts entirely and she had read about the two Genma that were in possession of the village but as of what she knew currently, there was no host for either of them.

Kao

Post by Kao » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 am

Both Kanna and Shuran raised their brows, surprised that the young girl had accepted the offer so easily. They had expected the same resistance that many previous hosts had shown. After all, becoming the host for something as powerful and frightening like a genma wasn't something that most people would willingly accept after so short a time to think about it. Shishi, it seemed, was not like most people.

Kanna smiled at Shishi's resolve, and was pleased that the girl was bold enough to ask a question. "Its name is Hashoru no Hanshagenma. It is the beast of empathy. The easiest way to explain its powers is...well, you will eventually be able to use any known element at your disposal. The nature of this beast, however, means you'll always need comrades in one form or another. If you are someone who does things completely on your own, this is not the beast for you." The woman paused to wipe her silk robes, but she didn't appear to have even a speck of dirt on her. "Of course, I already know that is not the case."

"If that's all then," Shuran said, crossing his arms over his chest, "if you agree to becoming the new host of the Hanshagenma, then we would like to start the sealing process. Immediately."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:11 am

"I-Immediately? A-As in r-r-right here? I-I... well, I-I accept!" There was a bit of a rise in her voice as this was something that she was not anticipating but the genuine joy that she portrayed there was obvious. Being able to become a Jinchuuriki for the village, able to control the phantom beast of empathy and control all the elements at her disposal. This was something most shinobi would dream of and never receive so there was no way she would turn such an opportunity down. With that, she was looking at them both, waiting for what was to come next... and hoping that she would be able to endure what she imagined to be an excruciating process.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”