[Graded][Closed] Will you see me?

Kat, Kao, Niro, Yura

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Graded][Closed] Will you see me?

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:39 am

Honestly Akari Ume was terrified. She had been home at least a couple of weeks now. She had spent much of it cleaning the home she once shared with Koyama, though she didn't touch his room except to leave his heavy bear fur cloak on his bed. At times she fell asleep on it when she was just too exhausted to move, but the place was so eerily quiet without Koyama that she felt herself becoming resentful towards it. She knew eventually she would need to pack up his things, maybe reach out to family even. But so far no one had visited except for Kotaru, and Ume had locked herself away in the place. The only comfort she had found there so far was a young flying fox that had taken up residence in Koyama's room while they were away for so long. She had spent some time trying to win him over, offering him fruit and the like to gain his trust but so far it had been slow going.

Yet today was going to be different. Ume had yet to see her boyfriend since her return and to say it was causing stress within the girl was an understatement. She heard over and over again from Kotaru that he was okay, but she hadn't seen him. She found herself often wondering if he hated her for being gone, if he wanted nothing to do with her because of things that had happened before he left, and all in all she knew there was only one way to figure out if things could be normal again and if he wanted to be around her.

She would have to go see him.

One morning she finally worked up the courage, dressing in a new outfit she had set up for herself. Since her old clothes had been all but destroyed, the girl had decided a drastic change was needed. She wore a pair of pants that hugged her hips and barely came full up over her backside, allowing space if she needed to manifest her Temershiin tail. Her shirt was entirely backless, tying back behind her neck and behind her lower back, not even covering her stomach, but all set up to allow her the space to manifest her combined Eroshiin & Phasmashiin wings without damaging her clothes. She pulled on her dark jacket over it all, putting on her various jewelry including a long necklace that was a single piece of blue crystal, inside of which were some of the ashes from Koyama's funeral pyre. She never went anywhere without it.

Once ready the girl steeled herself for what could turn out to be a horrible day and made her way off to the Akari clan grounds. She didn't even process anyone or anything she passed, next thing she knew she was standing at the front door of Tatsuo's home and knocking on the front door.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Yura

[Closed] Will you see me?

Post by Yura » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Knock Knock Knock

A sound in the distance woke Mitsuo from his slumber as he groggily lifted his head from the pillow upon the Akari's couch. He had made a late night visit to the home, hoping to catch Tatsuo but instead only finding Kota and the rest of the family whom he proceeded to spend the night with. He was practically one of them anyways so it wasn't unusual for him to crash on their couch. It was the third straight night that he hadn't been able to catch Tats at home though, regardless of the time in the evening that he had dropped by. It felt like he hadn't seen his friend in weeks which probably wasn't too far off. He was starting to get concerned.

Knock Knock Knock
came the sound again and a more awake Mitsuo suddenly realized that someone was at the door. Do I...open it? he thought to himself as he pulled himself up into a seated position, the blanket that had been covering him falling off of his bare torso. He wasn't technically a resident of the home and therefore had no right to answer the door.

Knock Knock Knock

With a sigh, Mitsuo got up off the couch and began walking towards the door. He wasn't sure where Mizami was, the woman was usually up by now and cooking breakfast of some sort, but it was clear that no one else was going to answer the door. As he reached for the door handle he paused for a moment, remembering where he was. The Akari compound wasn't exactly a 'friendly' neighborhood. For all he knew, he could be opening the door to a hostile threat. Turning the handle slowly, Mitsuo inched open the door prepared for anything, peering out of the slight gap that was created.

"Can I help you?" He asked through the gap as he studied the figure standing on the doorstep. A young and slender girl, her clothes were fairly form fitting and dark in color, complimented by the light colored jewlry around her neck. There was something...familiar, about her face though. "Wait...Ume?" Mitsuo asked, throwing the door open wider, "Is that you?"
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
SadakoGeninIwagakureTeam 13[color=#90D2D8]
Enkouten, MitsuoBanninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai[color=#ff2200]
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku[color=#fb8a00]
Takara, MorikoGeninIwagakure[color=#ffeb66]
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall[color=#8080ff]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 pm

To say Ume was nervous was a serious understatement. Each time she knocked, she started to shake just a little more. She glanced all around, making sure she wasn't being watched, and wondering suddenly if Tatsuo would even answer. Did he not visit because he didn't want to see her? It was possible she was just stuck outside the door. The longer she waited, the more she wondered if she should just walk away. But after the third knock, as she took a step back to do just that, the door opened just a crack. "Um, hi." she said at first, giving a bit of a nervous wave as she peeked through the crack of the door to see who was on the other side. She suddenly recognized them as it was swung open and Mitsuo spoke. She grinned suddenly as he finally recognized her as well and she nodded. "Um, yeah, its me." she admitted, blushing lightly as she rubbed her right arm with her left hand, a show of her own nerves.

"I, uh, got back a couple weeks ago... figured it was past time I come see Tatsuo." She gave Mitsuo an odd look however, suddenly realizing the way he spoke that he might not have known she was back, or that she was alive. "Kotaru didn't tell you... did he?" she asked carefully. "Uh... he brought me back a couple weeks ago. He told me how everyone thought I was dead but I was... well, lost, really." She rubbed her arm again, blushing. 'Okay, how do you do this? I'm pretty much coming back from the dead to them...'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Yura

Post by Yura » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 pm

"Kota had mentioned it, but to be honest I haven't even seen him the last week or two. He got assigned some mission that took him out of the village so he didn't really get a chance to go into a lot of detail about how he found you and brought you back." Mitsuo replied, "I'm not going to pry you for details though. That's your story to tell when you're ready." He suddenly realized that he was standing there in the door way, blocking entrance to the house with his half naked form and stepped to the side to let Ume enter the home before shutting the door. He felt weird about it considering it wasn't his home, but he knew full well that Mizami would smack him upside the head if he allowed a guest to stand out on the doorstep for too long.

"If you came looking for Tats, I think you might be out of luck." He regretfully informed her, "Unless he slipped by me, he hasn't been home. Not for a while..." He trailed off suddenly, not sure how detailed he should go into Tat's odd behaviors. In truth, Mitsuo himself didn't know much about them, but they had started after Ume had disappeared all those months ago. I don't think it would do well to tell her that... he thought to himself. "Why don't I go get Kota. The boy's slept plenty." He said as he started to make his way towards the hall, "Welcome back by the way." He said, half turned towards her as he walked backwards before turning back and running up the stairs.

Taking a turn at the top of the stairs, Mitsuo moved down the hall before stopping at the door to Kota's room. Knocking three times, Mitsuo tried the door handle and found it to be unlocked, surprising considering the room's occupant, and slightly pushed the door open enough to stick his head in. "Hey Kota," Mits called out in a rather loud whisper, "You've got a visitor downstairs that I think you might want to talk to."
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Post by Kao » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:53 am

Upstairs, Kotaru was in a deep sleep. He had been sent to eastern Rock Country to continue the mission he had put on hold when he unexpectedly ran into Ume, and it had taken weeks to complete. He had returned late the night before and had collapsed in bed after a quick shower, too tired to even remember to lock his door. Mitsuo's knocking barely roused him, but the older shinobi's loud whisper pulled him from his slumber. Without opening his eyes Kotaru groaned, and then he turned over to face the wall. "Ugh, fuck off," he responded, his words muffled by his fluffy pillows. Of course, he didn't mean it; Kotaru was indiscriminate with his rude comments when all he wanted to do was sleep. Not even his friends were exempt from the verbal jabs.

How he, out of everyone in the trio, managed to be the one to become both diplomat and teacher was beyond him. Everyone knew Kotaru hardly had the temperament for it, and he usually made it clear when he didn't want to do something - even though he usually did it anyway. He didn't exactly embrace the responsibility, but if Kotaru was anything, he was dutiful. Reluctant, but dutiful. "Tell whoever it is to come back later or I'll kill them, repeatedly." Even as he said this, the jounin slowly turned over to look at his friend. Mitsuo wasn't the type to back off so easily, and deep down Kotaru knew that his friend and teammate would force him up. Kotaru gave a long, dramatic, groaning sigh and then sat up.

"Who do I owe my displeasure? Who even knows I'm back? I swear if it's that fucking kid again...."
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Yura

Post by Yura » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:27 am

Mitsuo ignored the younger boys displeased tone and opened the door a little wider so that he could enter the room. He had fully expected Kota’s reaction, it wasn’t that hard to predict, and by now he was pretty much immune to his friend’s rough temperament. “Well the visitor isn’t exactly here for you, but....” He paused as he gently closed the door behind him.

“Ume is here looking for Tats.” He said finally, “I forgot that she was back, and you and I know full well that Tats isn’t here so...I figured since you found her that maybe you’d be the best one to talk to her?” He said with a small grin and a slight inflection in his voice at the end of his sentence. He admittedly didn’t know Ume very well so he probably wasn’t the ideal person to talk to her about Tatsuo.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Post by Kao » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:30 pm

The name 'Ume' sent a nauseating jolt down the boy's stomach. Kotaru hadn't at all forgotten about the girl, and he had fully intended to drop the news on everyone after the pair left the elders' chambers. But duty to the village had robbed him of the opportunity, and less than a day after getting Ume settled into her home he found himself headed to eastern Rock Country. He only managed to mention it to Mitsuo in passing; Tatsuo he hadn't seen, and he didn't think the older Akari knew. "Fantastic...."

Kotaru quite literally rolled out of bed, landing on all fours for a moment before lazily pushing himself up and moving toward his dresser. He purposefully took ages to put on first a plain black shirt and then grey pants, silently mulling over what he would say to Ume. "Not sure what I can even say," he admitted, "since I'm not supposed to interfere with their relationship at all. Besides, what am I supposed to tell her? Even though we live together I haven't even seen him in over a month, other than in passing." After letting out another small groan, he walked around Mitsuo and headed downstairs.

Halfway down, he paused. Ume's clothes were revealing, to say the least, and he wasn't at all used to seeing so much of her. He'd seen her naked once before - mostly by mistake - when he found her in that drugged stupor. But this was...different. This was purposeful on her part. Kotaru cleared his throat to dispel any and all thoughts about her appearance and descended the rest of the staircase. "Hey, Ume. Tatsuo's not here." There was no sense in dancing around the topic. "I haven't really seen or talked to him since before I found you and brought you back." He moved to the living room to collapse on the couch, expecting the rest of them to follow. "All we can do is wait for him to get back, but who knows when that will be."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Ume heard steps coming down the stairs and turned to smile as she heard Kotaru's voice, though that smile was rather quickly wiped away. "Oh." she said oddly, reaching up and pulling the hood back off her head as she watched Kotaru plop down on the couch. She turned as if to sit with him, but suddenly changed direction to sit in a nearby chair instead. It was like she suddenly remembered the 'rules' about how she was supposed to be around him and found herself torn. Tatsuo wasn't there at all, was she just supposed to leave then? But Mitsuo was there somewhere, so they weren't alone. And Kotaru had found her, rescued her, was she really just supposed to act like he wasn't around?

She felt that same confusing twist in mind and gut as she thought over it and sighed heavily, shaking her head. "So... its possible he just doesn't know I'm back then?" she asked quietly, hesitating to even ask. She felt like she was clinging to a false hope of some kind. 'But if he did find out somehow, which is entirely possible and even likely after a couple of weeks, then he just doesn't want to see me for whatever reason...? Was he relieved when he thought I was dead?' She didn't say it all aloud, but there was a complexity to the emotions across the girl's face that she just could not hide.

"What now...?"

Kao

Post by Kao » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:56 pm

"Yeah, maybe. I haven't seen him at all, and if Mits didn't mention it then he likely doesn't know. He ignores the elders when they summon him - it's a pain in the ass, honestly, cause I have to hear them bitch about it - so it's pretty much impossible that he heard it from them." As Kotaru spoke he closed his eyes, and by the end of his statement he realized that Tatsuo's absence bothered him. He understood that his cousin had been both grieving and busy, but the fact that he had seen Tatsuo only a handful of times since Ume's initial disappearance didn't sit well with him.

"What to do now depends on you. I have no idea where he runs off to but he has to come home eventually. I guess you can hang around until then ." At that moment he was dangerously close to falling back asleep, but for Ume's sake he struggled against his drowsiness to keep both her and Mitsuo company.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Tatsuo's night had been...well, the usual for him for the last few months. He had gone to the bar, drank himself into a stupor off of cheap liquor, and then made his way down to the unofficial underground fighting pits in the poor parts of Iwagakure. Like usual, his night was filled with his constantly fighting opponent after opponent in an attempt to drown away his sorrows over Ume's and his brother's deaths. It dulled the pain but didn't resolve anything; rather than focus on the issue beating people had been his stress relief.

The sun had already been up by the time he had exited the arena and the rays hurt his eyes but the dull ache across his body was worse. His clothes were torn in several spots and his entire body was covered head to toe in dried, dark red or brown blood. Some of it was his own, although those wounds had long since healed due to his strong vitality, but the majority of it was from his opponents'. The jounin began to trek his way home slowly, dragging his feet as he walked into a liquor store and exited with a brown bag containing a handle of cheap alcohol. Periodically throughout his trek back to his home he took a swig from the bag, the smell of liquor and blood drenching him.

He finally made his way to the front of his household. Tatsuo looked the building up and down before sighing and taking another swig from the now half-full handle of liquor. It was still early, maybe everyone was still asleep? Tatsuo took hold of the door knob and turned it, slowly opening the door so not to make too much noise. He kept his head down as he entered the home but the smell of someone out of place caused him to look up after he closed the door.

Sitting in his living room was Ume. Ume was DEAD.

"Am I hallucinating? Fuckin' booze..." Tatsuo mumbled to himself as he brought his free hand up to his face where he rubbed his eyes and blinked to clear his vision but Ume was still there in the chair and Kotaru was on the couch. He backed up into the closed front door, a look of extreme confusion and pain spread across his face as his legs gave out and he slid down the door onto the ground, the brown bag of liquor rolling free of his hand. "What the fuck...what the fuck is going on..." He spoke aloud as his breaths began to come in fast, short spurts.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:09 am

"I'm surprised you listen to them honestly." Ume remarked, genuinely a bit shocked. Even after watching him in the chamber when she had reported in after being gone for so long, she had just kind of assumed by the way he acted that he didn't like going there. To find out that despite that he actually listened to summons and the like? It surprised her. After all, Kotaru wasn't known for listening to others at all, except maybe Tatsuo and Mitsuo. As Kota made it clear it was up to her what to do next, Ume simply frowned in the chair, feeling that old urge to want to cry. She felt a bit helpless, and stuck in a state of mind she hated. But before she could decide if she was going to linger around the house or not, she heard the front door open.

When she looked up and saw him it was like all of her worries just washed away. In that moment she suddenly realized how much she had missed him, how much she had hated being away from him. She hadn't remembered aching over being away from him but it was like her body remembered. (Losing a several month's long chunk of memory can be quite disorienting after all) She got up from the chair and rushed over towards him before it even dawned on her what was before her. She got close and suddenly noticed his torn clothing, the blood, and the smell of the alcohol. She watched him slide down the door and sit on the floor and heard what he said. 'He didn't know...'

Ume swallowed hard, as nervous as she had been when she thought Mits didn't know, this was entirely different. "I-It's me, Tatsuo. It's Ume." she finally managed, clearing her throat as she moved towards him and knelt in front of him. "I'm alive... and I'm back..." she said quietly, reaching out a hand to try and take one of his, intertwining their fingers if he let her. If he didn't pull away she'd reach out with her other hand to touch the side of his face, trying desperately to think of a way to calm him down. "It's okay. I'm home."

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Tatsuo’s breathing only served to increase in its rate even more as she wound their fingers together and he flinched when she touched his face. This was fake, some sort of genjutsu that Kotaru was practicing and he was the unfortunate victim who had been deemed the guinea pig. The young man was in a state of shock that, combined with the alcohol and events of the night, was a volatile combination and led him to believe that this was a genjutsu gone wrong. Tatsuo jerked to his feet, pulling away from Ume and staring at Kotaru on the couch.

“Kota…get me the fuck out of this genjutsu. Ume is dead, stop this fucked up trick or I-I-I swear…” He choked out as he stumbled past Ume’s kneeling position in the doorway and moved into the living room. His breathing was to the point of hyper ventilation and he was sweating bullets from his forehead. “I don’t know what kinda genjutsu you’re training but this is too much…” He growled out as he leaned heavily on one of the chairs in the living room, a dark look on his face and his grip on the chair iron tight as he fought to control himself with one hand and used the other to continuously cast the hand seal to Kai himself free of genjutsu.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Kotaru shrugged at Ume's comment about the elders. He didn't feel like going into any more detail, but even if he did want to discuss it he didn't have the chance. He suddenly became aware of the fact that Mitsuo wasn't right behind him or even in the room, so he shouted, "Oi, Mits! What are you doing up there, staring at the wall? Get out of my room!" He opened one eye, and just as he started to yell at the Enkouten again, the front door opened.

Somehow he wasn't surprised that Tatsuo was an absolute wreck. Both Tatsuo's parents had voiced their concerns about their son's whereabouts to one another while they thought the jounin wasn't listening, but Kotaru had overheard them. But the boy didn't know just how bad Tatsuo had gotten. As soon as he saw the blood-soaked torn clothes Kotaru shot upright, concern etched into his features. Tatsuo noticed Ume quickly, causing Kotaru to tense and his gaze to flicker toward the stairs, hoping he would see Mitsuo nearby. Consoling others was something he had only limited experience with, and he needed the brotherly Enkouten's presence to help with whatever was about to unfold.

"Tats...." mumbled Kotaru when he realized his cousin was far from sober and thought he was hallucinating Ume. He expected shock or confusion from the older Akari, and he shifted backward on the couch with a frown when Ume tried to comfort Tatsuo. His eyes focused to the point of tunnel vision on the way she intertwined her fingers with Tatsuo, the gesture all too familiar. It was uncomfortably familiar, and the boy felt an unpleasant jolt shoot from his stomach to his throat when she touched him.

But before Kotaru could sort out the reason behind his reaction to their reunion, Tatsuo turned on him. "Wh-what? What the hell are you talking about, I'm not using a genjutsu." His words were braver than he felt; Kotaru recoiled under Tatsuo's heavy look, not failing to notice his strong grip on the chair. The boy's face paled and he held out his hands in front of him and quickly spat out, "Tats, whoa, wait. Do you really think I'm that fucked? I wouldn't put you under a fucking genjutsu to think that Ume is alive. She's here, I found her in eastern Rock, but I haven't been around to tell you."

This was starting to go left. Kotaru didn't think the older Akari would react negatively to her return, let alone accuse Kotaru of using some kind of genjutsu to play with his mind. Kotaru was admittedly cruel, but never toward his friends. The accusation hurt him. He looked toward the stairs again, hoping Mitsuo was nearby. Mitsuo was always the voice of reason in the group, and now was as good a time as any for the Enkouten to calm down his intense friend. "It's not a trick, I swear. She's alive, Tats."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Yura

Post by Yura » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am

"Hey, whoa, Tats. I didn't think we'd actually see you here." Mitsuo called out as he decended the stairs and hurried into the room. He had stayed back and waited in Kota's room for a time after the younger boy had left to talk to Ume, figuring that he would give to two some privacy as Kota explained to her that Tatsuo wasn't here. As the moments passed and Kota didn't return, his curiosity rose. It wasn't until he was out the door and at the top of the stairs that he heard Tatsuo's voice, a slur heavy in his pronunciations.

For a few moments Mitsuo simply sat at the top of the stairs and listened, not wanting to interrupt what had seemingly become and important and delicate turn of events. In the back of his mind, Mitsuo was concerned about his friend, about Tat's seemingly new drunken hobby and his recent trend of not coming home until sunrise covered in blood and bruises (according to Kota); he just hadn't had a chance to confront him about it and now didn't seem to be the best time. It was only when he heard Tatsuo raise his voice in disbelief and seemingly aim an angry accusation towards Kota that Mitsuo realized that he needed to intervene. There was no predicting what Tats might do while inhebriated and emotional.

"I think we all need to take a deep breath here." Mitsuo said calmly, now in the middle of the living room, strategically positioning himself somewhat between Tatsuo and Kota without breaking line of sight between them. "She's real, Tats." He added, slowly closing the gap between he and his friend. He reeked of alcohol. Mits had thought of putting a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder, but the dried blood that covered his Tatsuo's body made him reconsider. He didn't know whose it was after all. "Kota's not playing a trick on you, he's not that much of an asshole. That would be too cruel even for him." He said calmly, knowing full well that Kota definitely had the capacity and mentality to do something like that, he just wouldn't do it to his friends. "Ume's back, Tats. She's not dead."
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:51 pm

It hurt a bit, the way he flinched when she tried to touch his face. When he suddenly pulled to his feet and moved away from her, Ume actually stumbled as she tried to go after him. She fell back on her behind from the kneeling position she had been in and tried to scramble to her feet. She moved towards him into the living room, stopping as he leveled his accusations at Kota. "No, Tatsuo..." She paused as Mitsuo came into the room and also tried explaining. She stepped around him enough to watch Tatsuo, the way he gripped the chair, the anger in him.

The entire sight in front of her completely broke her heart. She didn't sob, but tears slipped down her cheeks regardless. Tatsuo reeked of alcohol the way her father used to, and she brought her hands up to her face and covered her nose and mouth with both of them as she fought the urge to cry. 'What happened to him?' she wondered silently. 'What did he do, how did he become so...' She swallowed hard and tried to hide her own disgust and fear, lowering her hands and moving closer to Tatsuo again.

"It's true, I'm back." she told him, reaching a careful hand out to touch his arm lightly. She hoped he wasn't hurt, but also couldn't help thinking that if she could touch him, he might come around quicker. "I was lost, Tatsuo." she tried to explain. "Koyama died to keep me safe and I was just... lost. I was stuck in a mental hell, a drug riddled place, homeless, I was so bad I don't even remember everything that happened there. But Kotaru found me and brought me home..."

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Tatsuo's mind blanked after Mitsuo came down and only served to confirm his fears. This was all real and not a genjutsu. Ume WAS alive and he had failed twice; he had failed at protecting her and failed at bringing her back home to the village. His grip on the chair tightened to the point of his knuckles turning white while his gaze fell to the floor as he tried to process everything running through his mind. His breathing continued to speed up, his chest constricting dangerously tight as Ume's hand found its way to his arm.

Finally the stress got to him completely, his left knee giving out on him and causing him to fall a bit before he got up just as quickly and bee lined his way to the bathroom. The young jounin threw the door open, the knob violently smashing into the wall as he slid on his knees in front of the toilet and began to vomit up the contents of his stomach. A mixture of food, alcohol, and what looked like blood splashed its way into the bowl for several minutes before Tatsuo finished and keeled over into the wall of the bathroom, his eyes blank as the shock of everything finally set in. Combined with the events of his night, it was too much for the young man and he passed out into unconsciousness, his eyes blank yet still open.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Kotaru watched the exchange between his friends. sulking as he sunk deeper into the couch. The accusation from his cousin hurt him more than he would care to admit, and he looked on silently at the scene as he tried to reel in his growing anger. Mitsuo, as expected, did his best to mediate the situation and attempted to vouch for Kotaru. The young jounin was cruel, that much he could admit, but he figured after all they had been through that his best friends would know by now that he would never intentionally harm them. Kotaru looked away when Ume touched Tatsuo, seething as everyone practically fell over themselves to try to get through to the older Akari.

The boy only turned his gaze back to the trio when he heard the sound of something hitting the floor, looking up just in time to see Tatsuo sprint to the first floor bathroom. Kotaru sighed and sat up to crack his neck, then after a few moments he stood and walked over to Ume. "That went well," he grumbled, doing his best not to look at her directly. "Maybe you should go. He's obviously drunk and fucked in the head right now."

The sound of Tatsuo vomiting reached their ears and Kotaru purposefully stood in front of the girl, blocking her path so she couldn't follow. "Mits'll handle him. It's best if you go home." As he spoke he glanced toward the Enkouten, expecting him to have already disappeared from the room to follow behind Tatsuo to tend to him. The sound of Tatsuo throwing up continued, and the longer it went on the less Kotaru found he wanted to be in the house. "I'll walk you home, if you want."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Yura

Post by Yura » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:13 pm

With a heavy sigh, Mituso left Ume and Kota in the living room and followed after Tats. The older Akari had taken off down the hallway and the door of the first floor bathroom could be heard slamming shut just as Mitsuo rounded the corner. As he neared the door, Mits rose his fist with the intention of knocking only to hear the sounds of his friend retching on the other side. Giving it a second thought, he put his hand back down at his side and simply leaned against the wall and waited. It took quite a bit longer than Mits expected, but eventually the sound on the other side of the door ceased.

"Tats?" Mits said softly as he gently knocked on the door, "Tats, you alright?" He said a bit more forcefully when he didn't get an answer. Putting his hand to the latch, Mitsuo turned the handle, finding it unlocked, and pushed open the door to find Tatsuo passed out on the floor. "Aw jeez," Mitsuo mumbled as he bent down, feeling at his friends throat for a pulse. "Let's get you to bed I guess." Lifting one of Tatsuo's arms over his own head, Mitsuo lifted the unconscious Akari onto his shoulder with a grunt. Making his way up the stairs to Tatsuo's room, he gently dropped the boy on his bed before making his way to the kitchen and fetching a glass of water to place on Tats' bedside for when he woke up.

"What are you doing?" Came a familiar, slightly groggy, voice from behind Mits as he inched his way quietly out of Tatsuo's room. Turning around he found Misato, seemingly only just having gotten up, standing in the hallway in her pajamas.

"Oh, uh...well your brother just came home a little inebriated an-"

"And you needed to help him into his bed while half naked." Misato said with a smirk, giving Mitsuo a quick look over. It was only at that moment that Mitsuo became aware once again of his barely clothed state and proceeded to blush. "Whatever," Misato laughed, "I'm going to make some breakfast. Do you want some?" She asked as she began decending the stairs.

Mitsuo simply shook his head with a grin and began following after her. "Yeah, that would be great."
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:48 pm

She tried to smile at him, she wanted to reassure him, but next thing she knew he was brushing her off and rushing away. Ume flinched visibly, frozen in place for a brief moment as he went. When she tried to go after him, not seeming to hear Kotaru, she found herself suddenly blocked by the other Akari and couldn't help giving him a bit of a glare. Tears stung at her eyes at his words, and she couldn't help feeling hurt at what he had to say. "Of course you want me to go." she whispered, swallowing hard and looking away a moment as she tried to steel herself and gather her thoughts.

She said nothing for several moments, crossing her arms around her own waist as she watched Mitsuo go after Tatsuo, still processing the fact that Kotaru had practically said she wasn't allowed to go after him herself. 'Did he wish I was dead then? What else could that be?' Some part of her knew it couldn't be the case and tried to bury the thought, but still it rose to the surface and she found herself helpless against it.

Swallowing hard yet again she brought up both hands, using the heels of her hands to wipe at her eyes before heading straight for the door. "I'll walk myself." she finally said in response to Kotaru as she yanked the door open and headed out, her words likely coming out harsher than intended.

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 pm

The young jounin shoved his hands in his pockets at her words. Though they were barely audible he heard every word, and he didn't have an immediate response. He still was avoiding looking directly at her, especially now that it was obvious she was on the verge of tears. Finally he mumbled, "It's not that I...." A sigh. "It's just better if everyone gets some space for a while, alright?" Not only was Tatsuo making assumptions about him, but so was Ume. After finding her, bringing her back, and even helping her get settled back in the village, even she still doubted his intentions. Everyone around him clearly all had a certain image of him, no matter what he did to show otherwise.

So he finally looked up at Ume, a deep frown marring his features. He hadn't at all expected for her to deny his offer to walk her home and the rejection made him bristle. Both Tatsuo's words and hers had gotten to him, and it didn't help that her voice had an edge to to it as she made her way to the door. He let her leave, not feeling up for the ensuing argument if he had immediately chased her down. Kotaru snarled as he turned toward the stairs, but before he could stomp to his room two figures turned down the hall.

"Kota." Misato said. He didn't look at her. "Do you want som-"

"No. I'm going back to sleep." He pushed past them, only pausing to look at Mitsuo then to Misato, and back again. He then grumpily commented, "Put a fucking shirt on," then went to his room, slamming it closed before he collapsed in his bed. He didn't have the energy for any of this, and he would deal with it all tomorrow.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow