[PB] Hungry For Success!

[The Great Bear Hunt Plotboard Pt. 1] Vale and Tatsuo

The Legend Excalibur

[PB] Hungry For Success!

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 pm

It didn't take much more than a glance to know that this was the right village. The faces of the villagers were masked in equal measures fear and anxiety, with the entire atmosphere of the village being blanketed by a somber attitude. As Vale walked through it's main road, he'd notice the side eyes and glances that he'd receive, the villagers no doubt wondering if their nightmare had come to an end. It was clear that there'd been another incident just recently. A farm had a portion of it's fence all but shattered, with the remains of some kind of animal, or animals, still wasting on the ground.

Normally, he'd question the villagers about what they'd seen, what they heard, but they looked shell-shocked, to frightened and scared to really give him anything of substance. The recent rain cloud's that had swept through would also have washed away a lot of evidence, such as blood, scents, any fur caught somewhere. That left him to a lot of guess work as a starting point. Well. Him and the tag-along.

"Why'd you want to come again, Tatsuo? It's just an animal extermination mission." He asked the older boy, as he knelt down near the shattered fence posts, inspecting the muddied ground and fragments. "Simple enough. I've gotten... well, I don't need help, if that's your reasoning. Vale reflected back to his first mission with Kotaru, how in the end he'd depended on the other boy to finish his mission for him. He didn't want a repeat of that again. Which is why he was so anxious about Tatsuo being here with him.
KirigakureOho TetsuJounin A-Rank Missing Ninja
IwagakureAkari Vale • Genin
IwagakureWu Sun • Chuunin
KonohagakureNara Shikado • Chuunin

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[PB] Hungry For Success!

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:52 pm

"'I don't need help' says the genin who just begged me to train him. I don't buy that line for a second, trainee." Tatsuo chortled, stressing the word 'trainee' as he followed along Vale but kept a small distance from behind him. "Basically, I wanna see with my own two eyes what you can do and what you can't do. It's easier for me to train you going forward if I know what you're capable of. Plus, the village doesn't allow genin to just wander around outside of its walls without some sort of higher ranked shinobi accompanying them." He shrugged, crossing his arms and eyeing the surrounding land.

"Besides, just in case you get eaten, someone has to report back." He teased. "Find anything yet?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

The Legend Excalibur

[PB] Hungry For Success!

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Vale let out a sigh by habit, the word "trainee" already wearing on him even if it had been used only once or twice by Tatsuo. He was well read on the village's rules and policies when it came to Genin, and actually was on his way to meet his supervisor, only for Tats to be the one that had shown up. He had asked the older boy to train, by his own admission practically begged.

"Not much besides splinters of the fence, and some loose strands of fur. The rain washed away a lot of the evidence." Eaten. Tatsuos's tone made it hard to know if he was joking or not. By the damage and how the corpses looked, the bear was only a animal in the thinnest of terms. It seemed much more proper to refer to it as a monster, a demon, anything that struck fear by the mere mention of it. He could understand the look on the villagers' faces and their moods a bit easier now.

Plucking a stray piece of hair form his knee, Vale dusted himself off and stood, his eyes scanning the tree-line of the forest. "This is the only portion of the fence damaged like this, so I'd say it was the entrance and exit. And it's not a bad guess to say it sprinted into the forest. His mission with Kota, though something he didn't like to look back on for several reasons, also provided several lessons. First, it was likely the bear made it's den somewhere close, to keep coming back to the village again and again. Second, it could be there was more than one of them, explaining the frequency of the "raids". More mouths meant more visits. Third... well, third it was always good to be prepared.

"The rain could've made tracks easier to see, considering the ground becoming muddy. Must be a heavy bear, to do this kind of damage. Make deeper imprints." He looked to Tats. "What do you think?

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[PB] Hungry For Success!

Post by Niro » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:53 pm

"Try the opposite logic. The prints were already in the mud but the rain more than likely washed them away by filling them in with more mud or other debris. Rain is generally bad for tracking; it destroys prints and alters the scent left behind. Snow is another thing that can be useful but if a fresh layer of snow falls, tracks will be covered or filled in. Inclement weather in any form is bad for tracking." Tatsuo corrected his trainee, shaking his head at the Genin.

Well, at least he was thinking.

"The easiest way to find it with the least amount of effort? Put up a trap filled with food on the outskirts of the village near where it broke in and watch. If it continues to use the same route continuously it'll definitely take the bait." Tatsuo instructed, the older Akari taking a look around the village from their position before looking at Vale once more. "Next question is, where do we find something to act as bait?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

The Legend Excalibur

[PB] Hungry For Success!

Post by The Legend Excalibur » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 pm

One more thing to add to his mental notes. Despite it not totally being his fault, Vale hated when his naivety shown through. It always reminded him that there was still a lot that he hadn't seen nor experienced, that he was still a amateur. It was an annoying feeling. He then told himself that making a mistake once wasn't always such a big deal. It was when you made it a second time, after being corrected, that it became trouble. Of course, Tatsuo shaking his head in disapproval didn't help much

"Right, bait. He glanced around the farm, his eye catching on the remnants of the slaughtered animals. There wasn't much to look at, the remains mostly being bones, torn skin skin, and some remaining muscle. The bellies, the parts that held a majority of the mean, were either gone completely or gnawed to nothing. This wasn't just some animal hanging around an easy food source. It seemed desperate. Starving, even.

"I think something hefty, something with a lot of fat and meat on it would be attractive. Its winter, so most of the big predators should still be sleeping in some cave somewhere. This one being awake means it was either disturbed, or it didn't get enough before the weather turned, and has been scavenging ever since. Its hungry and cranky.

"Maybe a cow, or mule? Though I don't know how willing anyone would be to part with their livestock

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”