[Social] [Open] Let It Snow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Michi woke up as the rays of warm sunlight began to penetrate through the barely-there curtains of his modest apartment in the clan compound. He blinked his lime green eyes as the sun splashed across his face, demanding his attention instead of allowing him to continue resting in his warm bed. The thick blankets provided a haven against the cold of the villages winter that he had turned into something resembling a nest overnight while trying to keep warm.

The sounds of other clan members milling about outside his window was the final straw for him to get up and out of bed. Michi pushed back the blankets and immediately regretted it as the brisk air rushed to envelope him. His arms broke out in goose flesh as he ran to the kitchen to prepare a pot of coffee and then to the bathroom to begin his day with a hot shower.

Several minutes later...

Michi stepped from the shower and took a moment to soak in the steam before running to his room to put clothes on. He took a deep breath before opening the door and hauling it to his room where he donned his usual outfit along with additional socks, gloves, and a long-sleeve undershirt. He grabbed a thick brown jacket with a furred hood as he left his warm apartment in search of groceries.

Iwa was covered in a thin layer of white snow right now. The village was just beginning its winter season meaning the young clan member had to acquire certain foods now before their general supply dwindled too low. With a tune being hummed and his hands in his jacket pockets, Michi made way for the markets.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Kaira

Post by Kaira » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:52 am

How about one kilo of apples for five-hundred Ryo?” Goddamn this woman and her counter-haggling, Kayo thought, squinting her pale blue eyes. There was no way she was going to get ripped off on a deal, not today. It may have been the winter, and sure, things were hard to grow, but that didn’t mean greedy ‘ol Saito-Obasan actually had to be...well…greedy.

No, no, no, no….No.” The old lady fluttered her hands in the air, as though to shoo the little kunoichi off. “No deal. One thousand Ryo per kilo. Take it or leave it.” Saito-Obasan had a smug grin on her face, the crows feet by her eyes becoming more apparent. Kayo felt like she was going to grow wrinkles just by looking at her.

Fine. Seven hundred fifty for one kilo.” Kayo countered, crossing her arms over her chest. “That’s all I brought with me.” She whined. “Please Obasan! It’s winter and there are starving families out there.

You could look like you could eat more.” The old lady cackled. “You drive a hard bargain, but fine. I’ll throw in an extra apple since you do need to plump up. Doesn’t your family feed you?” Kayo held out her basket and the Saito-Obasan began to fill it up with the apples she had weighed earlier.

You know me, always been a scrawny thing.” She beamed, counting the apples in her basket. She reached for her wallet in her pocket and pulled out enough money to pay for the bunch. She still had a few more things on her list to get before she had to return home. “Thanks, Obasan!

She walked away from the stall and pulled out her shopping list. A strong gust of wind blew past her and the sheet of paper started sailing in the wind. She quickly reached for it but it was too high for her to get. It was drifting away from her and towards the streets.

She moved past people, basket in hand, trying not to shove anyone. “Excuse me! Shopping list on the loose!

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:24 pm

...It was strange how much he'd come to hate the winter in such a short period of time. When had that happened?

Iwamaru awoke in his quarters at Jousai Citadel (as he called it), the chill of the winter mountain cold the only reminder he had that he still felt something. His feet slipped from his bed and touched the stone floor of his apartment-style dorm, the surface practically like ice. He'd forgotten to make sure the fireplace had been properly stocked before going to bed. It wasn't a big deal. The fur blankets he'd made from the boar he'd killed with Tatsuo had been more than warm enough... They were warmer than his heart was, at least. He sat still, bent over, his hands clasped, searching his mind for some sort of thought, any spark of life within him, something to make sense of the dead cold he felt in his chest.

His search would leave him in want.

Forcing himself from the bed, Maru made his way to the shower, the piping hot water running over his chiseled form. Everything he did, once filled with a sense of vitality and urgency, he now viewed through a haze, a filter. He couldn't remember a time where he'd ever felt like this. He wasn't happy, sad, angry, bitter, vengeful... he just felt empty, like he was searching for something that belonged but wasn't there inside his heart. Even as he dressed and emerged from his quarters, the empty, void aura he projected drew the eyes of his compatriots. He heard their whispers. If he'd wanted to, he probably could have figured out what they were saying. But he didn't. He just didn't care enough to want to know.

That enumerated how he felt about almost everything right now.

Donning a thick winter cloak, Maru slipped his father's journal into a hidden pocket on the inside. The small book was a living dichotomy. It had been no secret that he and his father had been on strained terms ever since his mother's death. Had you asked him what he thought of his father before he died and left him as an orphan, he honestly wouldn't have been able to give an answer. It wasn't any different than he was now, but despite all of this, he felt that the journal was something he had to protect. Why? What was the point? He hadn't even opened it. He kept telling himself to just burn the book. The chuunin knew everything he'd needed to know about his father. He thought that caring for his material needs was more important than having an actual relationship with his own son, a man too focused on his job to even properly mourn his wife's death. Yeah... That was it... That was all his father was...

Why couldn't his heart accept that?

Shaking the thought from his head, Iwamaru drew the cloak close to himself as he left through the front gate. Giving an ineffectual greeting to Ichi, heavy feet slowly plodded through the thin mountain snow as he headed toward the markets. He had to pass through to get to the civil administration buildings. He had to tend to the mountain of paperwork in the wake of his father's death in the line of duty. Maru was hoping that the presence of others might brighten his spirits, but as soon as he entered the market, he could tell that he'd made an error in judgment. The sight of these animated, excited, happy people... He had been wishing that they would make him feel something, even irritated, but the same empty sensation prevailed. He took a deep breath. His freedom from these feelings would not come easily, it seemed.

A delicate sound, much like a gentle splash of light, burst through the mire of sounds of the marketplace, and from under the hood of his cloak, his eyes caught sight of a floating piece of paper fluttering toward him. By what he could see, there was text written on one side. Perhaps it was a list? Carefully catching the paper in two fingers, he waited for its owner to come retrieve it. Once she approached, he'd lower his head just slightly, the large hood sufficiently hiding his face. It was better that he didn't frighten some poor soul. Just let them get their list and be on their way.

Amy

Post by Amy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:04 pm

"Oh, also, don't forget the-"

"Mooooom," Nori playfully whined, holding her mother's face gently in her hands. "I not only have a list but you have told me no less than four times today what we need from the market. We are already well prepared for winter, this is all going to be for just in case anyways."

Ever since she had decided to follow the life of a Shinobi her mom seemed to think she was less competent rather than more so. It was just worry, Nori knew, so she tried to not let it grate on her.

"I know, I know. You can go," Nori's mother said, patting her daughter's hands gently before pulling them off her face. "But don't forget your coat!"

Nori was already out the door before her mother finished speaking, pulling her fur lined coat on as she ran. She had to wonder if her mother would ever be less overprotective. It came from a place of love obviously and she did try to not let it show but Nori could always tell when her mom was feeling insecure. Ever since she had graduated the academy and decided to pursue this life her mother had been like this. Worrying when she would be home, worrying if she was eating and sleeping enough, all normal mother things she was sure. Just not things that either of them had experience with.

The closer she got the market the more she started watching around her. She wouldn't be surprised if she saw a few people around that she knew. It looked like her mother wasn't the only one freaked out by the snow. Finally, just before reaching the first shops, she saw an easily recognizable figure. Running just enough to catch up, Nori fell in step next to him, gently bumping against his side.

"Fancy seeing you here," Nori said with a smile. Michi and her had been in the same class at the academy and had gotten to be pretty good friends and teammates. They had always gotten along pretty well. "I thought I was never going to get out of the house this morning. I'm honestly surprised my mom didn't insist on coming with me just to make sure I didn't forget anything."

Despite her words, Nori just had a grin on her face. She loved her mother, even when she was a bit problematic.

"I take it you're heading to the market for the same reason?"
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Michi had been minding his own unassuming business until someone bumped into him from behind. The usually graceful Fukusha member wasn't expecting the small unpacked and, in combination with a small patch of ice, he began to stumble and slide. He just barely caught himself by squatting and using his arms to balance himself, glaring up at the girl. Michi's lime green eyes found hers and upon seeing who it was he smiled slightly despite the scene.

"Maybe she should have!" He laughed as he recovered enough to continue walking through the marketplace with her. "And yes, I am. I checked the fridge last night and I... Well it was empty. Whoops."

He shrugged his shoulders as they witnessed the scene of a hooded figure around his height catch a rogue sheet of paper fluttering on the wind. Soon after a pale blonde teen emerged from the crowd chasing after the paper that had seemingly escaped from her hand. He raised an eye at the scene as he and Nori walked right upon it. The clothes silent figure was slightly unnerving but haven't caused any issue.

"Oh shit. I should have wrote a list." Michi blurted out, finally remembering what he should have done last night. It was too late now and he'd have to just go off of memory.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Snow. Maido's favorite weather. For whatever reason, she had always enjoyed the snow. Was it the color? The way the sun reflected off the crystals? The sheer cold? Who knew. Even still, she enjoyed it so. Having discarded her mortal flesh had its privileges, after all. Kirigakure was no stranger to snow, yet she had spent more time in Fur Country playing in it than she had at home. Iwagakure was a nice change of pace. A more tranquil snowfall. Back home, snow was combined with mist and fog. Even the most intuitive of folks found themselves colliding with strangers in such limited visibility, back in Kirigakure. Hisayo and Kayoko had mixed opinions on the matter, as it turned out. Kayoko was able to enjoy the cold weather much more now that she too had transcended humanity, but Hisayo would still feel winter's bite when it was applicable.

Nevertheless, the three of them found themselves in the market of all places, an Iwagakure shinobi tailing them, keeping a watchful eye on them from afar, but not close enough to be overbearing and annoying. Maido and Kayoko both looked quite out of place, truth be told. Shorts, tee-shirts, and light jackets, they looked quite insane wearing next to nothing in the snow. Indeed, they had even worn white on today specifically rather than their usual black attire. Hisayo however was much more appropriately dressed for the occasion. Many layers donned her figure, a stark contrast from the other two Muramasa which walked alongside her.

On advisement from higher-ups in the village of stone, Maido had come to the market district to interact with the general population. Perhaps buy some food or wares. Socialize. Make herself known. The usual human behaviors. She figured it would be quite boring. Kayoko agreed. Perhaps they could make it more fun? They strolled about, the three of them. They peeped their heads into stalls, Kayoko got herself a pastry that smelled wonderously of raspberries but was found to be pleasantly tart. Others had tome to the markets as well. A young girl with blue eyes, bartering with an older lady over some apples. Maido looked on with amusement. She worked her angle and got a better deal than the old coot had originally asked for. Impressive. Less impressive, they immediately lost hold of their shopping list. Hisayo almost moved to obtain it for them, but didn't budge, a hooded individual being much closer already. Hisayo did notice however, that folks seemed to be actively moving out of her, Maido, and Kayoko's way. Whether or not Maido and Kayoko noticed however, they didn't say. It was clear that they were outsiders. Their complexion, the way they walked, the way they talked, the clothes they wore. None of it reflected Iwagakure in the slightest conceivable way.

A quaint, friendly interaction between two young folks transpired near Maido. How lovely, she thought, surprisingly unsarcastic. The two of them happened to chatter and move into the direction of the hooded figure. "Hisayo, you're probably the best negotiator, perhaps you could buy some apples for the young folks here as a gift?" Maido said quietly to her companion. Hisayo nodded and turned back towards the stall from before and began to chatter with the older lady. Maido and Kayoko turned their attention towards the group of young folks before them. Kayoko munched on her pastry, Maido simply enjoyed the snow. "Seems everyone needs to stock up today, no?" She spoke as she neared the group of them. Her voice was soft and her gaze gentle. Perhaps Iwamaru would even recognize her. Maido's cloak had shaped into a scarf of sorts, wiggling and writhing about as though it had a mind of its own. "Maido." Spoke Hisayo from behind them.

Maido's blood scarf stretched out behind her, turning into a flowing platform of sorts, of which Hisayo set a few small baskets of apples on. Wiggling through the air, the cloak came back towards Maido, splitting into multiple sections like large flowing ribons, a basket on the end of each length of...cloth? It didn't look like cloth. It looked like...blood. A basket was moved towards each of the young beings before her. "Better stock up, food tends to become more scarce in the winter."
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Kaira

Post by Kaira » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 am

Ah! You caught it!” Kayo exclaimed, clasping her hands together. “You saved me a lot of running...And possibly rewriting the whole thing.” She plucked the list from his hand and pulled out a pencil from the pocket of her crimson coat.

Apples….check!” She announced, and with one smooth motion crossed out the first thing on her list. “Next up eggs...and then bread. Wow. Did I really need a shopping list to remember all this?” She scratched her head. Kayo could’ve sworn she needed to get more things...or did she forget that too? What was her mother even going to make with apples, eggs, and bread? Some kind of weird apple pie?

She turned to the kind stranger who helped her, her pigtails bobbing with her swirl. “Thanks for helping me by the way. I’m Kayo!” She realized she hadn’t given the kid any time to talk, or perhaps he wasn’t much of a talker anyway.

Would you like an apple?” She held up her basket towards him. “They’re really good and I got them on a discount!” She beamed, proud of herself for saving a few Ryo.

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 am

...Iwamaru was quickly beginning to realize that coming to the market had been a grave mistake.

He’d intended for the girl to get her list and simply be on his way when a hauntingly delicate voice floated into his ears. This sound... no, there was no way. If she was here, then that meant she was from Kirigakure! He’d not even considered the notion when he had been at the Tournament that he’d cross paths with this woman again. His head shifted to acknowledge her presence. The other genin around him would see nothing, but Maido would catch glimpse of an intense green eye from below the hood of his cloak. If Maido’s skill at reading people were up to snuff, she’d likely see a certain coldness that hadn’t been there before when they last met. Considering the manner in which he had spoken to her was different at the Tournament, it was clear that something had come to pass since that time. ”You... If you’re here... then you must be from the Mist. Why are you here?” he asked the blood mage (as he thought of her in his mind), his tone perhaps not as warm as it would have been normally. He’d been through a lot recently and didn’t feel like explaining himself.

All of this had been happening while Kayo was contemplating the simplicity of her list. When Kayo’s blindingly bright tone was directed to him, it snapped him back to attention. He had admittedly been nervous to see such a powerful outsider within Iwa’s walls, but he calmed down. Clearly, someone knew she was here, and if she became an issue, she would be handled. ”Um... hello... and thank you,” he replied quietly, taking the smallest apple he saw in the basket into his hand. It was evident by his voice that he was quite young, the same age as the other young ones here. He looked at it for a moment and slipped it into his cloak. To be honest, he wasn’t really feeling like eating.

His hunger had left him about a week ago.

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:14 pm

"Oh shut up," Nori said lightly, pushing into Michi again. "Acting like I need a babysitter when you can't even remember to make a list. Shouldn't be too difficult to get what you need if you're out of everything anyways."

Digging her hands deeper into her pockets for warmth, Nori watched Michi out of the corner of her eye. He had had at least as tough of a childhood as she had and she admired him for who he was and who he was becoming. A grin grew on her face as she watched him but soon her attention was drawn away.

"Interesting group," was all she said under her breath referencing the two somewhat familiar looking kids and the stranger. Nori had no intention of stopping to interact with these people but she couldn't help herself from turning around when she heard one of them say the stranger was from Mist. Before she could recover, there was a basket of apples in front of her and she realized the woman was speaking to her and Michi too.

Putting a warm smile on her face and a sweet tone in her voice, Nori shook her head and bunched her shoulders up.

"Thank you, but if I bring anymore apples home that's the only thing I'm going to be eating this winter."

She couldn't help but feel trapped now, having been the one to turn around and engage. No one other than her and Michi seemed to know each other which made Nori wonder why they were all standing around so long. While she was usually open to meeting new people and getting to know anyone she hadn't planned on it today. She was too friendly to just excuse herself but she also didn't feel like trying to lead an encounter. Plus, she didn't trust an outsider. Tilting her head towards Michi she smiled very directly at him, a face he should easily be able to recognize.

Help.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:11 am

How was it that she had found herself in such odd company? Maido wondered to herself. Well, it matter3d not, she supposed. Apples would do well to quell Kayoko later. Still, the lot of them looked equally unsettled and uncaring about Maido's presence with them in the midst of Iwagakure. That was good. Probably. It was nice not to get the weird stares for once. Her cloak shifted, pulling the basket of apples away from Nori and back towards Kayoko.

A most odd look had been plastered on Iwamaru's face. His green eyes shown splendidly in contrast with the somber look he had hidden underneath his hood. A far cry from the outgoing armwrestler she had met briefly in the Star Festival. Whatever it was that happened, she could probably relate. Kayoko fidgeted a bit, annoyed with the crowd of younglings and their antics. She needed something to do. She had been exceptionally bored the past few days. Her brow furrowed and she moved to yell at Maido, but Hasayo moved into place and intervened, a hand over Kayoko's mouth. "Be quiet." She spoke calmly. Maido's eyebrow raised in question as she looked back to see the commotion but she shrugged it off.

"Very well, more for us then." Her voice was tranquil. Soothing and foreign. It was obvious even from her voice that she wasn't from Rock Country. "Well...at the moment we are here to get some treats from the market." A gentle smile spread across her face. "Much like the lot of you, from the looks of it."
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”