He Said

NIKAO Kao and Niro

Kao

He Said

Post by Kao » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:03 pm

There was a vaguely uncomfortable sensation in the pit of Kotaru's stomach when he woke up. He had decided to spend the night at Ume's after what was a rough night for the both of them. He managed to keep his emotions mostly under wraps, a sign that showed just how much he had grown over the years. After making sure the kunoichi would be alright alone he left her house and the Akari compound, heading straight for the northern district. He took to the rooftops, moving at incredible speed so that it took only a few minutes to cross the village and enter a well-manicured neighborhood. He approached a grand mansion, and when he was at the huge front door he was able to put a name to the feeling in his stomach.

It was dread.

Kotaru wasn't at all looking forward to confronting his brother. He hadn't thought much about what he would say, only that he needed answers about what had happened between him and Ume. The bannin didn't knock - it was Tats's place, after all - instead barging into the huge, quiet house. He took a few steps inside, took a deep breath, and then hollered, "TAAAAAAAAAAATS!!!!!"
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

He Said

Post by Niro » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:19 pm

The serenely shut eyes of Akari, Tasuo were just about to be assaulted by the soft light of morn as the sun came over the mountain range surrounding the Village Hidden in the Stone. His head was deeply indented into his pillow where it lay with a thick white down comforter covering both him and the woman beside him in the bed. Her pale blonde hair was long enough that it splayed everywhere across the bed, including his mouth. The Bannin, as he slowly woke from his sleep, quietly spat out the hair before sitting up in the bed. The comforter rolled free of his muscular chest as he did, his head surveying the room and his lips forming a sleepy smile as they came upon Natsumi's sleeping form. The woman slept like a rock tha-

"TAAAAAAAAAAATS!!!!!"

The Akari Bannins eyes flew open wide in fear at the loud noise and he hoped the young man hadn't just woken up his girlfriend. He'd be dealing with her Space/Time, not Tatsuo. Thankfully she just shifted in her sleep and grumbled before he got up and put on a maroon robe before exiting the room and making his way to the living room where Kotaru was.

"If Natsumi wakes up pissed off, YOU'RE the one going Realm exploring today. Not me." He hissed and whispered at the same time, wildly gesturing to his room and the sleeping beast within.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Kao

He Said

Post by Kao » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:45 pm

"Sure thing, I'll walk through the torture rooms for inspiration. I don't care, Tats." The younger bannin shoved his hands into his pockets and shrugged. "Apparently you've been wanting to talk to me. So let's talk." Kotaru's green eyes met his brother's violet ones as he tried to read the man's expression. So far it was hard to tell what Tatsuo was thinking beyond 'Blah blah, Natsumi is sleeping.'

Kotaru turned and walked deeper into the house into the kitchen, helping himself by opening the refrigerator and rumbling around for juice. "Apparently Misato and-or Mikaso haven't grown out of their tattling stage and don't know how to mind their own business. Starting to think I should invest in better spies than what I already have and start watching my back again." When his glass was full to nearly the brim he leaned against the counter and loudly slurped. He peered at Tatsuo over the glass, trying to look braver than he actually felt. "So. What did you two talk about?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

He Said

Post by Niro » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Tatsuo's expression was one of...wanting to go back to sleep. He sighed exasparately as he followed the younger Akari from the living room to the kitchen. Tatsuo watched with a quiet rage as Kotaru picked his favorite juice and nearly drained the container. He swiped it from him once his pour was done and leveled him a dirty look before raising the carton to his mouth and finishing it off.

"Hibiki took the day off and left me with the interviews. She was my very first one. Quite the surprise by the old man, nearly got his head on a pike. We talked about her missions where she continues to go overboard and how it is unneeded. She didn't like that, being told the villagers may have uses for the targets' acquaintances. Then somehow it got brought up about me being absent during our relationship and then it started. She threw that in my face, I tossed stuff in her face. Ended with her storming out of the office and me shouting 'guess I don't have to tell Kotaru good luck with you.'" Tatsuo told his side calmly, shrugging here or there when needed and leaning against the countertop the ease himself off his feet just a bit. "Said I wanted to talk with you but she took that as she eating you alive. Not really that, but she took it as a threat. Anyway, good luck with her. Anything else?"

He crumpled the carton with one hand before shooting it with an arc into the trash bin. The carton bounces around for a minute before settling and a large grin came across the Bannins face as if he wasn't in a serious conversation with his younger brother.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

He Said

Post by Kao » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:43 pm

Kotaru grunted and mumbled, "Yeah, you weren't around much." He let the man finish without further interruption. By the time Tatsuo was done speaking, Kotaru's lips were twisted into a doubtful scowl. "Is that all? That can't be all. Cause the way she was talking I came over here prepared to fight. Kinda. Talk my way out of a fight." He took another gulp of juice and sniffed.

"Yesterday I went to check on her after coming back from the Kouchi province. She was a wreck, Tats. Think you five years ago, drunk off your ass but worse. I got her cleaned up, and she mentioned an argument, a threat, and that you apparently aren't over her. That you have eyes on her and you're 'hurt like the day of,' which I find weird, considering." The bannin pointed up, referring to Natsumi who was still sound asleep upstairs. "Is that what you tossed in her face? Cause she seems to be under the impression that she's coming between us again."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

He Said

Post by Niro » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:54 pm

"Uhhh..." Tatsuo took a moment and played the scene through his head again. His hands and arms darted back and forth as he tried to remember if there was anything else, gesticulating his thoughts.

"I told her one of the girls saw you? She called me a stalker? I think that's all I left out?" Tatsuo shrugged, again, going to the fridge and pulling out a different juice carton, this one also low. "You better not be sneaking in here and stealing my juice, Kota."

"I threw your guy's making out and how she went to you upon coming back from presumed KIA and not me. That's it, didn't even tell her I was in a long term relationship or with who. Again, gooood luck." Tatsuo drank from the carton and his eyes went wide mid sip.

"Ain't you fucking Maido? You little whore..." Tatsuo threw him a saucy grin, prodding him for more.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

He Said

Post by Kao » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:57 am

"She didn't come to me first, I found her first and took her to the elders when we got back. I told you that ten times, come on." He gave the elder Akari an eye roll and then held his hand up incredulously. Tatsuo barely seemed to care about the conversation they were having, which totally went against what Ume had told him. He started to say that, but then he became completely distracted by the mention of a certain white-haired kunoichi. "I'm telling mom you called me a whore. But yeah, Maido and about four - five? - other girls who know nothing about each other. Which...I guess has to stop if I get serious with Ume. Wait wait, that's not why I'm here. I-"

He blanked. Kotaru paused mid-sentence and simply stared into space. The conversation wasn't going at all how he expected. He thought there would be at least one accusation about going behind Tatsuo's back again. The kage-elect seemed fine. More than fine. It should have been expected given his current relationship and career trajectory, but it was at such a disconnect with Ume's account of things that it made Kotaru's head short circuit.

"So you're actually cool with this? You're not gonna surprise-punch me in the face? Cause me and Ume came close to fuck-" he cleared his throat, still feeling weird about how well things were going, -ing twice but I was like no, I have to talk to Tats first."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

He Said

Post by Niro » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am

"And then she'll laugh, ask why I called you a whore, I will fully explain you're juggling a stable of girls like different horses, and she too will call you a whore. She just may be more worried than I am about protection and kids." Tatsuo cackled, throwing his head back in laughter at the look on Kotaru's face. It was just too good to mess with his little brother. He could see the trepidation on Kotaru's face and waved a hand at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine with it. Her attitude since coming back from eastern Rock has been absolutely terrible and the girl probably needs a psychiatric evaluation after. Her attitude and demeanor towards everything now just...pisses me off? Like... she wants to throw away her life, even after people have died for her? Shit, just take the back up and suck it up. Be over sooner than she'd know it." Tatsuo shrugged again, his lips once more finding the rim of the juice carton. He wanted to laugh oh so hard as Kotaru caught himself but instead put a gentle smile on his face and walked up to the boy. He lifted his free hand and brought his thumb and middle fingers together before flicking Kotaru on the nose.

"Nope, have fun. Be careful, wrap your tool, don't be a fool. Oh, and don't let Maido find out." Tatsuo's cheeky grin at came at the last bit as he turned and made his way back out of the living room and upstairs. "My little brother, the man whore. Who would've thought?" He joked to himself as he walked out, juice carton in tow.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

He Said

Post by Kao » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 pm

At the mention of kids Kotaru's face scrunched in what could only be described as sheer disgust. The young bannin didn't want children in the slightest, not any time soon. He then gave a thoughtful look at Tatsuo's suggestion. "Psych eval might not be a bad idea. She might not be open to it immediately but we'll see." Knowing how fiery and stubborn Ume had become in recent times, Kotaru wasn't sure exactly how that conversation would go. The girl clearly needed help from someone who knew what they were doing, but whether or not she would accept it had yet to be seen.

Kotaru leaned back in apprehension when Tatsuo walked up to him. For a second he thought he'd receive a punch to the head, but the nose flick he got was much milder in comparison. Still, it hurt. "Owww! Damn it, Tats!" With his hands clasped over his face he watched Tatsuo walk off, seemingly heading back upstairs. "Thanks I guess!" he shouted at his brother's retreating form. He stood at the counter for a while, still in disbelief that the conversation had gone so well.

With a shrug he returned to the refrigerator, digging through it until he found a few snacks. Kotaru left the house with delicious stolen treats and a good mood. Hopefully nothing would happen that day to ruin it.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow