[Closed/Kat] Social Distancing

Ree

Post by Ree » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm

As Kumori walked through the village trying to shake his drowsiness, he goes over the ordinary events that transpired that morning. His day started as it usually does, waking up early and attempting to get some sort of training in. From the moment he opened his eyes and woke from his slumber, he knew it was going to be one of those days. He just wasn't feeling it. It had been somewhat quiet within the Fukusha compound, with some mild foot traffic and noise as his fellow clansmen wondered about, beginning their days. It was common for him to wake up in the mood he was in, but he had done a decent job of breaking that pattern of feeling uninterested in the world. Some days he is able to bury his thoughts and emotions and live in the moment, other days he dwells on the past and wallows in resentment. He had been doing his best to stay out of this negative mindset and find something worth putting his time into, but he felt as though he had hit a wall with using training to occupy his time. Confining himself to the compound for the last couple of days, Kumori knew he wouldn't be able to lift his mood sitting in his comfort zone all day. He wasn't in a particularly bad mood, but of course, he wasn't in a good one either. After feeling his own disinterest in training for the day, he bathed and got dressed in his usual attire before leaving the compound. He had no destination in mind, he just began wandering the streets of the village he had called home for the last couple of years now. There had been times he had stumbled across some...interesting people. Most of the time however, it felt as though people avoided him and he returned the favor. The young Fukusha did not quite have an appetite, though his stomach began to rumble. He considered stopping and grabbing something to snack on, but decided against it and continued trudging along.

On this particular day, traffic throughout the village seemed a tad light. Nothing out of the usual, it was just another day. Still, it appeared a bit less busy, and Kumori found some comfort in that. As he walked passed small buildings and shops, he gazed upon the mountain range in the horizon. As much as he didn't really care for the village deep down inside, he had to admit it had a nice view. One he was growing accustomed too and beginning to appreciate. He had long since separated the environment from the politics, however deeply they may be intertwined. Having a disdain for the village and it's occupants for as long as his clan had been there, Kumori had begun to realize not everyone was responsible for the events that had taken place in his life. Either way, he had been skillful at feigning pride and gratitude from the get go. It just now seemed to manifest itself in a way where he didn't need to scowl at those who were not looking down upon him as some outside, though those people were still plentiful. The boy didn't feel as though he would ever truly feel at home or forgive the village for what they did to his parents and clan, still, he was beginning to take the good with the bad. Or the [/i]decent with the evil[/i] as he referred to it in his mind.

Though Kumori didn't exactly stand out, he never made it easy for himself to simply fit in. Not everyone was so familiar with his clan, but those who were could recognize his features and personality pretty quickly. And with his unique hairstyle with crimson streaks throughout, he would often catch the eye of even those who were not familiar with the Fukusha. Sometimes he felt as though he was under constant scrutiny and judgement, but the more social circumstances he had been in, he was beginning some of this was just all in his head.

The boy paused in the open, pondering if he should go into the lower layers of the market. Kumori stood in somewhat of a clearing, seemingly lost in thought as he gazed at the vast horizon. He decided he may have made the right choice leaving the compound and getting some fresh air, so to speak. He stood with his hands in his pockets, not paying much attention to those who brushed passed him. His mind was still foggy, he was beginning to relax, however. Closing his eyes momentarily, he titled his head toward the sun and took a deep breath, breathing in the smell of the marketplace. He wonered if today would bring any surprises or he would just continue his trek and make his way back to the compound. Opening his eyes, he continued walking with his hands in his pockets, searching for a way to the lower level markets.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Reina's father was feeling ill, and as much as she hated how much he sheltered her she felt she simply couldn't use this as an excuse to get some free time. Her mother of course had passed when Reina was born, leaving just Reina to help her father out. Of course he insisted he was fine, but when he went back to bed to get some extra rest, Reina immediately headed for the market. She started out taking her time picking out a few choice vegetables which were put into the small basket she was carrying with her. Second was a couple good pieces of chicken which were wrapped and added to her basket. She found herself enjoying the time out, picking out a few more things for other meals and even some snacks.

But as she walked, she suddenly noticed a boy standing out in the open, as if he were lost in thought. She noticed his black and red hair, and as she drew closer his eyes. 'Dad told me about a newer clan, I don't think I had any in my class though...' she thought to herself before she suddenly approached him. She was hesitant and her body language showed this as she looked almost as if she were trying to hide and get his attention at the same time. Reaching out to touch him on the elbow she tried to offer a smile. "Hi." she remarked awkwardly at first. "Did you need help finding something?"

She felt she could only assume that maybe he was trying to find a particular store or market stall with no luck so far. Perhaps she could help?
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Ree

Post by Ree » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Just as Kumori was preparing to find his way underground, he felt something brush his elbow. Several people had passed by him closely, and he didn't take notice or offense. But it felt like someone was intentionally touching him now, and the paranoid Fukusha cocked his arm back as if to shake off a bug before turning to see who had gotten so close to him without him noticing. Though not very empathetic himself, Kumori felt immediately guilt as he turned and saw a small, innocent looking girl standing before him. Her body language was both timid and outgoing, and she appeared young, even compared to Kumori was was only fifteen years of age. She had blonde hair and a pool of cerulean eyes that reminded Kumori of the sky. Though naturally, Kumori was attracted to females, he had never felt like there was a good time or place to worry about girls. He had things to do, and besides, part of him looked at all of Iwagakure as barbarians for what they had done to his clan. Still, this girl seemed very petite and innocent, and though he couldn't be completely sure, he was leaning towards the idea that her intentions were no malevolent.

The boy was unsure if he had startled her by his knee jerk reaction to being crept up on, even if that wasn't what she had done. He felt guilty as it was after seeing the person who had came up to him, but her words made him feel even worse, though he kept the same blank demeanor on his face as he processed her question. It was true he had been standing in the open, trying to shake his fatigue and plan his trip through the village. No matter what, if Kumori was anything, he was always skeptical. And paranoid. He really couldn't see this innocent looking girl causing him any harm however, and he was indeed looking for a specific market. He had heard from some of the other Fukusha that the lower layers of the market contained weapon shops, and merchants that catered more to shinobi than civilians. Kumori was unsure exactly how to locate these, and it was as if the girl noticed this before he even voiced it.

Unsure if she was even the right person to guide him to this area, Kumori decided he would take a shot in the dark. After all, he felt bad for jolting his arm away from her, but one should expect that when walking up on strangers. Even so, she seemed genuinely philanthropic, and she would probably just point him in the right direction and be on her way. "Uh, yeah. I'm looking for the weapon shops beneath the surface level market. Do you know how to find them?"

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Reina visibly flinched as Kumori's elbow reacted so violently to her touch, she couldn't help recoiling for a few moments, staring at him wide-eyed before she stammered out her question. Twice in the last couple of weeks Reina had taken a chance at being more outgoing than she was comfortable with, and while the first time she had been rewarded with a new friend she was already questioning her own sanity in her decision to do it again. The boy before her was so closed off both in body language and lack of verbiage that she thought her risk had failed before it had started. Her basket was on her right arm as she had slipped her hand through the handle and now it was pressed against her as she kept her hands to herself, wrapping them around her own waist a bit as she swallowed hard and tried to listen to the boy's response. As well as trying to ignore her heartbeat pounding in her ears at her own embarrassment and even concern after the way he had reacted to a simple touch.

His question hardly comforted her either. Here he had reacted so strongly to a simple and gentle touch and was now asking about weapons. 'Basic question from a shinobi... that's all...' she told herself as she cleared her throat and nodded. "Uh, yeah I know where a few are." she said quietly, her body language now completely closed off to herself as she turned to lead the way. "Follow me, I can show you the better ones." she added as she walked. "What kind of weapons are you looking for? Some places are better at certain types than others..."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Ree

Post by Ree » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Kumori immediately regretted his initial reaction, as the girl was visibly startled and her body language shifted dramatically. She stared at him wide eyed, and closed herself off. Even so, her timid voice had some kindness in it, as she still offered her assistance even after he had reacted so violently. He felt bad, though no one had ever quite approached him in that way. It was something he had never experienced, and as he was always somewhat on edge regardless of his mental state, he knew his reaction was justifiable, though he still felt the need to reassure her and apologize. She stammered her question before he reacted, and he pondered how exactly to reconcile the situation. She questioned what exactly he was looking for, still noticeably distraught. Turning to lead the way, Kumori felt guilt wash over him, and felt the need to explain himself. He wanted to reach out and stop her from continuing, but he wasn't sure that that was his place. Instead, he spoke, hoping she would turn back to him and forgive the instinct he had displayed.

"Wait, I'm sorry. That wasn't okay. No one has ever approached me in that way before." This was not a lie, and he was not accustomed to such gestures. Most people either ignored him and acted as if he were not there, or reacted to his presence quite objectively. "I hope you can forgive me for startling you, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I am Fukusha Kumori." The two clearly had very different upbringings, and or outlooks on life. Kumori was hardened from very consistent trauma throughout his short life, and almost always acted upon it. He felt this girl was different though, and in the public settings of the village, he would not normally include his surname in an introduction. Most could already tell, but as the Fukusha were still looked upon with mixed feelings, and he did not like to bring extra attention to himself, no matter how much pride he held.

Hoping that she would accept this peace offering by means of a formal introduction, Kumori considered the prospect of some company. This girl felt soft, and kind, attributes he had not come across very often. Kumori himself was just about the opposite of these sentiments, but still, it might be good for his soul to be in the presence of someone so different than him. He did not follow her just yet, hoping that she would turn around and they could start fresh. He realized just how volatile he may appear, asking for directions to weapon shops just after scaring her. He was no barbarian by any means, and honestly, he was not looking for anything specific, nor did he really have intentions of purchasing anything. He was more bored and curious than anything, hoping to get a glimpse of some parts of the village he had not yet explored. Maybe these locations that were new to him could give him some fresh perspective on the village and it's inhabitants, as he often grouped them all together. This was clearly not justified, all individuals were unique, no matter the things they had in common. His clan was a testament to this, and he considered that he possibly was approaching his living situation all wrong by carrying his clan's cold and stoic demeanor.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:35 am

As Reina led the way, she heard Kumori begin to speak behind her and the girl made sure to slow her step enough for him to catch up. She hadn't really realized she had gotten ahead of him, and silently hoped he didn't think she was trying to run away or something. Though in truth, she realized she might have been subconsciously. He had given her quite a fright after all. As he asked for forgiveness, the girl nodded quickly. "No, I'm sorry." she said quickly. "I probably should have expected that.. I just... I don't do much with tai? So I don't really think about reactions like that I guess." she admitted, blushing fiercely as she spoke. She knew she was naive on a great deal of things, and so far her interaction with this boy had not made her feel any better about it. "Right now the only person I'm allowed to train with is my father, so I don't experience much in training outside of ninjutsu." she added sheepishly, and immediately she felt all the more embarrassed for herself.

"Oh." As Kumori introduced herself, she realized she had yet to do the same. "Shoshiki Reina." she said, rather quickly. "Fukusha? I feel like the name is familiar but I can't place it...." Her mind however, ran with the information as she continued to lead the way towards the stores that Kumori was more likely to be interested in. "Oh right! Uh, newer clan, right?" she asked quickly. "I don't think I had anyone in my class from it, though I heard about it of course..."

The blush remained as she suddenly covered her mouth with her hands and her shoulders slumped. "I'm rambling..." she mumbled into her hands. "I'm sorry."

Ree

Post by Ree » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Kumori watched as the girl before him relaxed her body once more, blushing as he countered his apology with one of her own. She seemed quite timid but also outgoing at the same time. Kumori often closed himself off to the world, and expected others to behave the same. This girl seemed so innocent though, his guard lowered considerably. Giving her explanation for not anticipating the reaction he gave, she explained how she only trains with her father in Ninjutsu, and was naive to the more physical aspects of shinobi. She seemed embarrassed at this notion, and Kumori tried to change his expression to a more open minded and soft one as to not make her feel ashamed. He relaxed his jaw and his body as well, taking in what she was saying to him.

Followed by their apologies and Kumori introducing himself, the girl introduced herself as Shoshiki Reina. Kumori wasn't extremely familiar with the other clans within the village, however he did have some base knowledge about them. If he wasn't mistaken, that was a clan with a unique elemental chakra transformation, able to create a type of glass. That ability kind of matched her demeanor, somewhat fragile. The young Fukusha felt better now that she had accepted his apology, commenting on his own clan. Kumori felt his jaw tense a bit as she raked her mind for information that she had gathered about the clan, but he forced himself to relax. The girl was clearly not a threat, and he refused to startle her again by being defensive. Again, she seemed embarrassed as she blushed and covered her mouth, slouching a bit. Kumori didn't take it as rambling.

As he had been stepping out of his comfort zone, something the boy rarely ever did, Kumori felt a familiar sense of introversion wash over him. Her questioning his clan made him feel uneasy, though he knew he was overreacting. Anxiety seemed to fill him as he second guessed this social outing, and he fumbled in his mind for an excuse to cut this interaction short. If she didn't know the more brutal details of the Fukusha, he would not be the one to inform her of them. "I'm sorry, but I actually must be going. Maybe we will meet again." Kumori did his best to sound polite, as the girl was obviously very sensitive. Still, he felt discomfort and wanted to retreat back to the compound. Baby steps socially were still progress in his obsidian eyes. With this, Kumori turned and disappeared into the crowd before awaiting her reaction.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”