A Sore Flame

Gilak & Tydie

Gilak

A Sore Flame

Post by Gilak » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:48 am

The morning krept onto the village like the brush stroke of amaterasu, most of the village basking in her sunlight as the day was being made new. The light hitting the frost that is almost always present during the morning hours. For most this was the case in the dawn lit hours, unfortunately that was not the case for the up and coming Genin.

Fudo stepped out into the creeping shadow that cast over his clans district from the massive wall looming miles above their home. His mouth covered with a black scarf as he made his way out of his family's gate, the sound of clashing metal and roaring furnace flames filled his ears. What another glorious morning in this dog eat dog village. His eyes rolled slightly as he reached behind to his backpack and pulled out a note. The note was from his Academy Teacher Shoshiki, Kaito. The note was written in the strange artistically written Kanji. Upon the small note was was 3 words and a small hand drawn map to a training ground on the north West side of the village. Sighing, the boy broke into run towards the training ground.

A hour passed as he reached the gravel path that led to the training ground, it was out of the way as he passed it once while walking down the main road. The path wound its way into what looked like the wall itself. A few feet before the wall the path ended at the start of a large diagonal staircase that seemed to run under the wall. "What kind of sketchy place did Kaito send me to?" They boy exclaimed as he made his way underground.

The training ground has seen better days, the area stretched out to easily 50m radius with a domed roof stretching roughly 75m tall. The only light source in the room was what seemed to be a large bonfire lit against the back wall. The smoke going through what was assumed to be a vent of some sort in the ceiling. On the far left side of the area was a small 5m pool of water. Towards the right side was a long rectangular table that seemed to be carved into the wall itself with several stools. The rest of the area was simply just covered in hard packed dirt and stone. As the boy walked into the middle of the ground it became more obvious that this place was created to take a beating. Scorch marks from intense flames and severe deep gashes from jutsu used long past.

What have I gotten myself into?....
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
IwagakureFukusha, FudoGenin#FFED38
IwagakureUehara, OhtaGenin#FFCC1E
JinjekuEnkouten, MaketaD - Rank#D62100

TyDie

A Sore Flame

Post by TyDie » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 pm

As the young Fukusha walked past a rock to get a better look at the center of the training ground, he'd find a shirtless man pouring sweat from his body as he practiced the intricate maneuvers of his weapon in the form of katas. The sound of the man's sansetsukon flowing through the air was audible even from a distance, the shear speed with which he spun it around made it appear like little more than a blur. Every now and then he'd lash out with the weapon against a phantom opponent, a grunt of effort heard through each strike, as if he was really locked in battle. In those moments, the boy would be able to clearly see that the end of his staff was not a typical blunt end, but a sharpened naginata blade, slashing and rending the air as it spun at breakneck speeds. Both ends of the staff were augmented in that way, two spinning blades of death attached by chain to a single metal bar between them, the man's movements nothing short of a dance of death.

An instant later, the two sections of his staff would pull taut and lock in place as he pressed a button on the middle section, solidifying the weapon as a single unit, but the battle raged on and the dance didn't stop. On and on, Jinsai's staff spun and slashed and tore apart every enemy before him, wielding the double sided blades with ruthless efficiency. And finally, with a yell of rage, the man's blade split straight into a nearby rock, the blade sliding through the stone like a hot knife through butter. Deep, tired breaths could be heard as the man stood motionless, as if frozen in the form of his final strike against the rock. His body glistened in the flickering light of the bonfire as sweat escaped his pores. His black hair, normally kept slicked back, was falling in front of his face, sweat dripping off of the ends. His lean form and tight musculature was clearly visible as his dehydrated skin clung to his inner tissue, betraying his true strength despite his thin figure.

A few moments would pass before the man straightened himself out to a relaxed position once more, running a hand through his sweaty hair to push it out from in front of his face at least somewhat. He'd stand motionless for a few moments, the sound of his heavy breathing and the crackling of the nearby bonfire the only things keeping it from being totally silent. And then, with one last breath to right himself, he'd speak. "Can I help you?" His voice, so prim and proper in delivery, was a far cry from the battle rage the boy witnessed mere moments ago. He didn't know who was in the area, but he could tell he wasn't alone. "Show yourself." His voice echoed through the chamber, not hostile but clearly on guard. He was used to being alone here, and was a little miffed to have someone else encroaching on his training, but if the circumstances were right he'd be happy to oblige whoever it was that had stumbled upon him.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Gilak

A Sore Flame

Post by Gilak » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:39 am

The man was quite acquainted with his weapons, the way his weapon strikes was like that of a snake against a unseen foe. His eyes couldn't keep up with the speed of the weapon as back after back he maneuvered what he assumed was a 3 linked staff, until he realized one major difference.... The Blade. He watched on quite impressed as the man practiced his Manuevers, his small bit of entertainment coming to a halt when the man sliced through a rock as of it wasn't there.

Clearing his throat as he made himself recollect his composure, his eyes meeting with his Senior Ranking Shinobi. "This was the place that Kaito-Sensei told me to come to in search of a Tutor, One that he mentioned had the potential to improve my own skill set." He pulled out the note from his pocket and presented it like a official documentation. His other hand was occupied by slipping his shoulder strap off that held onto his Modified Backpack. "My name is Fudo, of the Fukusha Clan. I am to take on a Tutor to progress my training for the Chuunin Exams." His Eyes scanned the field. His eyes picking up faint movements of the flames and what seemed to be a artificial breeze. The boy would wait for the man's response, keeping himself as proper as he possibly could.
Active Characters

TyDie

A Sore Flame

Post by TyDie » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Jinsai tilted his head in disbelief as the boy, clearly of the same blood as himself, explained that his sensei told him to search for a tutor here. He didn't know the name 'Kaito' personally, But apparently Kaito knew him well enough to recommend him as a mentor to a younger shinobi. However, Kaito clearly didn't know Jinsai well enough to know that his standing among his clansmen was... not optimal. "Hm. I never thought I'd be approached by a Fukusha with anything but disdain." Jinsai once more wiped his brow, what sweat remained being wiped away as he let out a sigh and walked over to his clothing. One piece at a time, the man donned a simple white long sleeved shirt, a black vest, and a black cloak. In addition, by channeling chakra through himself and into his staff, the blades that had taken shape along the ends of his Sansetsukon reformed into simple blunt ends; no different then a normal staff.

"Are you aware of who I am, Fudo? Some in the clan might see your approaching me for training as a bad sign." He was done being hurt about the way his clan viewed him, but it was still a fact that Fudo should know before Jinsai entertained the idea of teaching him anything. He wouldn't want to drag another of their people down with him unknowingly.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Gilak

A Sore Flame

Post by Gilak » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Fudo continued to approach the man, his attitude shifting to a more cautious one. "Should I know you? The clan hasn't warned me of anyone who I am to be careful of." Fudo exclaimed as he stopped in front of the man, having to actually look up at him due to the height difference. As fudo sat there he started looking more at the man's physical features, he noticed the scar down the left side of the man's face. Most likely a memento from being a shinobi. His eyes met with the man's own as he got his cocky, better than other people smirk rested across his face.

"Kaito sensei told me to seek you out, he must have known that you could help sharpen my capabilities. I mean, how else am I to carve my clans name into the heart of Iwagakure? Fudo said matter of factly, not completely grasping that this man is from his own clan. The boy took a Kunai out of its holster, he used the tip of it to start getting the dirt out from underneath his finger nails, every now and then looking at the man's attire, almost admiring the proper fashion choices of it. A small audible sigh was released as he looked further at the man's attire. " I was groomed to try to become the head of Fukusha when I prove myself, having to keep up my fashion standards, have the best marks on tests, making sure I please all of those around me. My life is a large game of politics within the clan and the only way out of the political struggle is to become the strongest Fukusha that there ever has been. I was even tutored by Special trainers so I could do this.." His left free hand held up as the his middle finger channeled Raiton chakra, electricity forming around the digit. His index finger also channeled a chakra, but this chakra was red in nature as flames coated it. As the electricity and flames neared eachother the would almost attempt to combine but not yet being able to do so.
Active Characters

TyDie

A Sore Flame

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Jinsai crossed his arms as the boy clearly had no idea who he was. Whoever this Kaito was had just sent Fudo to the lion's den, or at least that's how the rest of the clan would probably see it. Hearing that the boy was a prospective clan head was even worse, he had to let out a surprised chuckle as he heard that. "Heh, you're kidding. Fudo, I think whoever sent you here might be trying to play a trick on you, or worse, upset your standing within the Fukusha clan." As he spoke, he lifted his Sansetsukon and pressed a button on it's middle section, drawing the chains within the weapon taut and forming it into a single, rigid staff before planting it into the earth at his feet.

He'd take a step or two closer to the boy, eyeing his chakra trick with a moment of intrigue, but otherwise paying it little mind and going on to explain who he was. "I was one of the only Fukusha to come to Iwa of my own volition, long before the clan itself was brought into the village. For that reason, many of the older generation see me as a traitor, having gone against my people to seek a life here in Iwa without them. Whether that's true or not... doesn't really matter anymore. By reputation alone, I'm an outcast among our people. I can't remember the last time I encountered a Fukusha who didn't turn their nose up at me at best... or berate me at worst."

Finally, he uncrossed his arms with a heavy sigh and turned his back to the boy, walking back over to his staff and grabbing it from the earth before letting it fall slack again. "I don't think you want to inherit that reputation, Fudo. If I were you, I'd look for a different teacher."
Active Characters

Gilak

A Sore Flame

Post by Gilak » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:29 pm

Fudo stopped playing with his kunai as he started to tap the flat face of the tool into his palm, a sign of his as he was thinking for a long while gathering his next words carefully. "I do not believe that my Academy Teacher would have steered me the wrong way. Perhaps he knows of you and your talents, or it could be possible that he is trying to provide me with a larger spectrum of guidance.. his words came out as if he believed they were mostly true, a slight wisp at the end was all a trained shinobi would need to realize that he wasn't fully confident. Fudo watched as the man activated a switch on the staff, bringing its original shape reeled back in before planting the weapon into the ground.

The boy took a step forward, meeting the man nearly 8 inches in between them, the boy looking up at Jinsai with trained fearlessness. His black eyes started to gather chakra as he listened to his now older clanmate. "How can you be a outcast when we are all now apart of the same village? The older Generation wants us newer ones to follow in their footsteps, however we cant do that. Look at what happened... Their generation got themselves Slaughtered because they were to proud of themselves. I mean... Yes.. i have been groomed to be a Candidate for the next Head but that doesn't mean I don't need to look after the Future of the rest of my clan. You should be proud to be a Fukusha, you of all people should be aware on how we hone our own Flames of Hatred. These techniques teach us to use our hatred to fuel our combative powers. You of all people should be aware of how powerful the taste of power should be. My training isn't a game, its a way to shape the future of this village. We have a legit Cannibal as our Kage. Does that not worry you? One that is capable of eating their own kind is leading us, what is to stop him from losing his cool and eating the rest of our village? ITs your duty just as well as mine to make sure Monsters are kept in place." As if like clockwork the older shinobi sighed, rotating a 180 degrees as his next movements were almost predicted. at the time the Boy didn't realize that his emotions started to leak out, the Chakra in his eyes activating, with his iris's splitting open similar to two sliding glass doors opening his Doujutsu Activated. Fudo's Training took over as he instinctually causing the kunai in his hand to glow hot as Katon chakra filled it causing the glow to be obvious. "Our clan might not want me to in contact with you, but do not get to dictate who i am allowed to request tutelage from. I am the forger of future paths, I will become a monarch!" With this he threw the kunai down into the floor next to Jinsai's staff, the dirt around it burning slightly from the heat.
Techniques UsedShow
*Katon • Heated Blade
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling katon chakra into a metal weapon or blade, the user will cause it to grow hotter and cover the blade in flames. The imbued weapon will be able to carve through defenses of [Control] or less strength with ease.
Active Characters

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”