Clandestine Meetings gone Awry

Kat & Ty

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 pm

It was the middle of the night, and Masako found herself leaning against the wall of a quiet alley in the Akari compound. Across from her was someone in a dark hoodie, the hood pulled up to hide his face and Masako herself looked entirely annoyed. "I don't know what you're expecting from me, I've only been with her for a week."

"I just need your assessment. How difficult will it be to separate them? Rumor is they're physical, start there, how do we stop that?" The man stood with his own arms crossed, standing up straight and staring at the woman it appeared.

Masako sighed, shaking her head with her hands thrust into her pockets. "They already stopped." she told him. "She has a thing for another Akari, he practically told her to stop seeing him and go for this guy. The Bannin from her past, Kotaru."

"You're sure about this?"

"Yes. She seems dead set on this. But he's been out of touch so she hasn't had any luck getting his attention again I guess."

"No, I mean you're sure this Fukusha gave her permission to end things? That isn't what we want. You need to separate them. Forcefully. With finality."

Masako groaned and rolled her eyes. "I'm telling you, I've seen them together. Even without the physical relationship they're just too close. That isn't going to happen any time soon. And not easily. It's going to take time."

"She must come to rely on the clan entirely. Sleep with him yourself if you must."

Masako made a face. "You're kidding. I'm the girl's guardian, that's a conflict of interest, I don't get physically involved with my wards. Ever. Or anyone in their circle. Hell I've never in all my life ever-!"

"If we ask you to do it, you'll do it!"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 pm

It had been a long night of hanging out at Ume's place. As usual, after a day of training, they'd conclude with a meal together prepared by Ume - The man had truly become a sucker for the woman's cooking. Of course, that meant that after their time was concluded, Jinsai had to make his way out of the Akari clan compound to move towards his house. Ordinarily he didn't end up getting into much trouble; perhaps once or twice he'd have a small conversation with an Akari, or be chided or mocked by one, but it had never turned physical at least. And normally, he kept to himself on his way home, not one to pry his nose into the business of someone he didn't know - especially not an Akari.

Tonight, things would be different.

As he moved past an alley, lost in his own thoughts, he heard an argument coming from within the alley. Turning his head, he noticed a hooded figure... And Masako. Quickly he ducked behind the corner of a building and peered into the dark alley, listening to the back and forth. Of course, he had only caught the end of it, and wasn't sure what it was about per se... But it seemed heated.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Masako sucked on her teeth in frustration and looked down, awkwardly shuffling against the wall for a moment. "You have got to be shitting me." she muttered, shaking her head again as she looked at the other person across from her. "You're really suggesting this? Seriously?"

"She needs to rely on the clan, and only the clan. She can't keep relying on some outsider. Her feelings for Kotaru could be good for us, push that more, take her attention off this Fukusha. Sever that tie."

Masako rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. "This girl was considered unstable as all hell before he was assigned to her, you want to sever that without one in place to replace him?"

"What do you think you're there for? You're her guardian now. Not him."

"I've been there a week! She doesn't trust Akari. For good reason too!"

"Change her perception! Do we need to get someone else? Are you completely useless?"

Masako seemed to falter for a moment, setting her jaw for a moment before responding by only shaking her head.

"Good." The hooded figure sighed and uncrossed their arms. "Now get back... and get your head on straight. You have several important tasks to see to."

Masako grumbled under her breath but turned and walked away from the alley, making her way around the corner and down another. She was going the opposite way of Jinsai's hiding place and as she stepped out of sight for a moment, things happened quickly. Someone was waiting it seemed and as she rounded a corner she didn't even have time to manifest her shiin before she felt a sharp pain across her torso, just under her chest. She barely had time to bring a hand down on her assailant's wrist as they buried their hand into her flesh and she could feel them trying desperately to get a hand around her Lacrishiin. "...shit." was about all she could say as she fought with the person, both hands on their wrist to try and pull their hand out of her before they could rip out the precious organ.

"Damn it... just give it up already...."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm

Jinsai caught bits and pieces of the conversation taking place in the alley; Enough to know that it had to do with Ume, but not enough to really understand the context of it. But if it was taking place in some shady back alley as opposed to an office setting, he had doubts as to it's legitimacy... If anything, it made him more suspicious of her. As the two shinobi parted ways, He'd duck on the inside of the corner behind a box while the cloaked figure left, and once he was gone, he'd slip into the alley to find that Masako had gone out the other side. As he moved down the other side of the alley, all he heard was a grunt of pain - One that was clearly female.

Without even thinking he reached behind him and took his sansetsukon out, rounding the corner to the sight of someone who was wrist deep in Masako's chest. Wordlessly, he whipped his weapon around quickly and slammed it into the side of the assailant's skull, a resounding *CRACK* sounding out as the weapon split the man's skull open like a grapefruit.

"...You gonna tell me that this is an everyday occurrence for your people?"
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:04 pm

To say Masako was relieved when the man's body fell to the side, and his hand slipped out of her chest, was more than just an understatement. She couldn't help a grunt and whimper of pain when it happened and she dropped down to a seated position, leaning against the wall behind her with both hands over the gaping wound as blood slipped freely through her fingers. At Jinsai's question she went to glare at him but as she opened her mouth to speak she only managed a cough and blood running down her chin for a moment before she cleared her throat and shook her head. "I'm usually not dumb enough to be in alleys this late, no." she finally managed, her voice hoarse. "Here to gloat or finish what he started?" she snapped at him, reaching up a hand to the wall to pull herself up, leaving streaks of blood on anything and everything she touched.

"If not, just fucking move out of my way then... I need to either get off compound or to Ume's, any other medical facility is just going to rip this out and feed it to someone." Masako did her best to move around him, keeping one hand on the wall as she went. Yet still she stumbled, dropping to a knee as she tried to breathe around the gaping hole in her chest. "....damn it."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am

As Jinsai put away his weapon, the severity of Masako's wounds dawned on him, and any manner of sarcasm went out the window. He'd drop to a knee by her side as he inspected her wound, saw just how bad it was bleeding, and shake his head with a curse under his breath. "I was actually on my way home, wasn't expecting to get involved in Akari business." He didn't even ask if she needed help, as she tried to get up and stumbled, his arm looped underneath hers and he held her steady. "How about I help instead?" Jinsai mumbled, helping the woman walk.

"We'll get you to Ume's, you won't make it off the compound with a wound like that..." He'd help her along as best he could, but eventually it'd become clear that the woman couldn't move with any kind of expedience like this. And so, given how weak she was right now, he wouldn't even bother to ask before he scooped her up entirely in his arms and dashed off towards Ume's with as much speed as he could muster. "Get mad later." was all he said as he raced through the streets of the Akari compound.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:19 pm

"You? Help? Why?" Masako couldn't help scoffing a bit at the idea of Jinsai helping her. Between the way he'd reacted when she'd been assigned to Ume and their spar ending on more than a sour note she could hardly see him being happy to help her. Still, she was surprised when he looped an arm under hers to try and help her walk more steadily. Though given how bad the wound was, it didn't end up helping much. She was all the more shocked when she was suddenly scooped up instead and frowned at him.

Though as she rest one hand over the wound to apply pressure and felt blood seeping through her fingers again, she knew she couldn't be all that mad at him. He was right. She probably wouldn't make it all that far, and definitely not off compound. She'd simply groan and rest her head on his shoulder as she waited to arrive and felt her vision start to swim, though she knew better than to let herself pass out just yet.

Meanwhile Ume at home was simply wearing a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt for the night. She hardly knew what to expect when she heard the front door open suddenly, but she certainly hadn't expected to look up and see Masako covered in her own blood. Swearing under her breath she'd simply lead the way to her small clinic room and open the door just off the entryway. "In here, get her on the exam table." By time Jinsai would get the other woman on the table Ume's hands would already be glowing green with the Iijutsu technique Mystical Palm.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Jinsai didn't answer any of her one word questions - it was a waste of time and energy to keep her talking. "Shut up." was all he responded with as they raced through the compound to Ume's door. Once they got there, he barged in the door without a word, knowing that Ume was not only still awake but still alert. And as she saw them, he followed her to her clinic room, setting the woman down before she even said anything. "One of your clanmates tried to rip out her shiin. Lacrishiin if I'm not mistaken, based on the location in the chest." He had gotten rather knowledgeable on the various locations of the Akari's shiin, based on conversations with Ume and a quick study of the seven chakras that flow through the body.

As Ume began her healing, Jinsai found himself looking into Masako's eyes for a response, to make sure she wasn't going into shock. "Okay, now you can talk. Say anything you want, tell me I don't know you or your clan. I don't care what you talk about but talk, and keep those eyes open."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:13 pm

Ume simply nodded as she started her healing, glancing at the gaping wound. "Yeah... I can actually see it." she remarked, frowning as she saw the pale green organ. "I always forget it's a unique color, Masako... it almost disappears under the Iijutsu chakra." she added, glancing at Masako's face for a moment. "Not that that observation helps anyone right now." she added under her breath as she returned to focusing on her work with a sigh. As Jinsai spoke to Masako to keep her awake and aware, Ume couldn't help a raised eyebrow out of curiosity but she didn't say anything further for the moment.

Masako rolled her eyes as Jinsai addressed her again, grimacing as Ume started her healing work. "You're a pompous dick and I should kick you in the balls again." she replied. "How's that for a start?" she added, laughing briefly before she started coughing a moment.

"Try not to laugh, Masako, this is going to take a few minutes." Ume replied. "Whoever did this to you was sloppy, they didn't just go for your shiin. The Lacri can be accessed without damaging other organs, but they ripped right through your lung... if I didn't know any better I'd say they were trying send a message and got greedy, the shiin was an after thought." Ume looked at Masako for a moment with confusion. "Who did you piss off?"

Masako shook her head slowly. "Not a clue." she commented. 'Except maybe the elders... tonight wasn't the first time I hinted I might not do everything they asked... did they decide to send me a message after meeting with their goon?' she thought to herself, sighing as she slowly fell quiet. She got so lost in thought, she hadn't even noticed one of her hands had come to rest over one of Jinsai's as Ume did her work.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:45 pm

Jinsai nodded to Ume as she spoke, not really having anything to say about the color of the woman's shiin. Truth be told, he wasn't sure what color it was supposed to be normally, so it's uniqueness was lost on him. However, as Masako spoke up, he crossed his arms and smirked. "Well, you're welcome to try. But to do that, you need to live." If spite was what got her to hold on, he'd be the object of her ferocity. He didn't necessarily care for the woman, but he also didn't want to see anyone just get gutted and left for dead in the streets of Iwa - Even if they were an Akari.

"How's it coming Ume? I know Iijutsu has been a recent venture for you, if it's beyond your purview just get her up and moving and I'll take her to an off compound hospital for further treatment." Jinsai was willing to do what needed to be done to see Masako through this, but he wouldn't forget the clandestine meeting she was having... or that Ume was a key subject of that discussion. He'd have to find the time to ask her about that later, when she wasn't coughing up the remnants of a lung.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:15 pm

As Jinsai crossed his arms, Masako's hand slipped from his and simply rest on the exam table. Not that she nor Ume noticed it at all. Ume was too focused on the technique she was using, even as sweat beaded on her forehead and she shot a small glare at Jinsai for his questioning of her skills. "It might be recent but I'm not without skills, Jin." she chided him. "I might be worn out from training today but I can do this for her at least, I have enough for that. I'm more worried about this combined with using her has my guinea pig for my training half the day too." she added, shaking her head as she glanced over at the other woman and saw her listing in and out of consciousness.

After a few more minutes of concentrated healing Ume finally stopped and checked the wound again, touching the freshly healed skin tenatively. "Alright, she should be good but someone needs to keep an eye on her tonight and keep her on something for the pain." She walked over to one of her desks, a metal one covered in a series of jars as well as a mortar and pestle she used for making medicines. She picked up a jar in particular and used a scoop to take some of its contents to put into a smaller glass jar and closed it up before bringing it over to push it into Jinsai's hands. "Brew this in a tea for her every four hours, she'll be fine but no training for her for at least two days and I'll check her again tomorrow." she said as a slight smirk started pulling at her lips as she saw the expression on the man's face. "Someone's going to have to keep an eye on her tonight, and it can't be me. I've used too much chakra today, I can tell you right now I'm about to go in my bedroom and pass out. I don't have an extra bed for her, I can't watch her in my state, and an exam table is no place for anyone to sleep so... you'll have to take her to your place or hers."

"...my place is a one bedroom with just a twin bed." Masako grumbled as she tried to sit up on the exam table, groaning as she did so and resting a blood-stained hand on her abdomen.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Jinsai rolled his eyes as Ume clearly took his comment as a jab against her abilities... That wasn't what he meant at all. But sometimes the woman's pride in herself got to her, and truthfully, he wanted her to be proud - that pride would drive her towards her goals if it wasn't her downfall first. "Right, you've got it then. Get her up and walking, and I'll get her to her house." As he expected that his role in this was almost done however, Ume made clear that there would be a bit more required of him... namely, he'd be sharing a lot more time with Masako then he had intended. "I... Surely she can..." He started to protest, but paused mid sentence, letting out a small sigh of annoyance.

"Yeah, fine, you can stay at my place tonight... I have a spare bed. Wait, how do you sleep on a twin bed? That's so small..." The logistics of any adult sleeping in a twin bed was hard enough, let alone someone as tall as Masako was. And what if she had company? Surely they couldn't both sleep in a bed that small... No, she would stay with him; That was the only way this was going to work. "Good... Ume, you go pass out then. I'll get her ready to go and see ourselves out."

And then, with a look at Masako, he'd add one more thing. "And you... how's your pain?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:26 pm

Ume hardly paid Jinsai any attention as the man registered what was being asked of him. She finished what she could to heal Masako up well enough to survive the night, with plans for another round the next day, and simply stared at him until he mentioned her passing out. The woman waved at him almost dismissively before she left the room and headed straight for her own bedroom, looking clearly exhausted and left the other two alone.

Masako did her best to sit up with a groan, a hand over where her wound had been as she did so and simply gave Jinsai barely a glance. "It's fine." she grumbled, pushing off the exam table to try and stand on her own. Her knees tried to buckle but she forced herself to stay standing with the help of the edge of the exam table, taking a deep and measured breath. "I'll be fine, I don't need a babysitter." she grumbled, turning to try and walk for the door and past Jinsai. "No need for you to waste your night with you, you'd rather not anyway." she remarked, carefully using what objects she could to help herself keep her balance as she went.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Jinsai simply nodded to Ume as she stumbled to her bed, chuckling to himself as she left... that poor woman would work herself to death if he let her, especially if it was for the sake of people she appreciated. But as Masako sat up and got off the table, clearly bucking what Ume had said, he shook his head and stopped her at the door, leaning against the frame of the door to obstruct her path forward. "Uh uh. It's not a matter of what I would or wouldn't rather do. It's a favor Ume asked of me, and I intend to see it through, whether you like it or not."

With his piece given, he'd extend an arm for her to hold her balance, and if she took it, he'd lead her through Ume's house towards the front door with Ume's tea in his other hand. "You want a drink of water or something before we leave? I'd say it's to get the taste of blood out of your mouth, but you're an Akari... I don't imagine that taste is an issue for you." Whatever her answer was, he'd accommodate it before making his way towards the door, to lead Masako towards his home.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Masako rolled her eyes as the man stopped her at the door. "Great, so instead of passing out comfortably for the night, I have to deal with your ass for the night... all because someone asked you a favor." she replied, resisting the urge to shake her head. She had a feeling doing so might just send her straight to the floor in her current state. "She just dropped you for someone less than half your age... not sure why you're still acting like this towards her." she muttered, trying to ignore his offered arm. When he made it clear he wasn't moving however, she finally rolled her eyes again and took it, albeit begrudgingly.

"I'm fine." she muttered at his offer of water, giving him a small glare as he commented on her clan name yet again. "How many times in one night are you going to bring that up? For someone who loves sleeping with them, you sure do focus on the name like you hate it a lot." she remarked. "You ever going to try seeing past the name once, or is Ume the only one who is ever going to get that consideration?"

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:24 pm

Jinsai shrugged as Masako took her jab at his pride, not realizing apparently that because it was mutual, Jinsai harbored no resentment towards Ume for her decision to try and be with Kotaru. "Because I was her friend before we got physical. And I'm still her friend after. Also, don't forget that she's also half my age. While enjoyable, there was some strangeness there on my part." He had never let on, because he never let age discourage him from having a partner to play with, but her age definitely got Jinsai some glances once or twice. More than once, he felt like he was robbing the cradle.

He could tell that he struck a nerve that time with his mention of the woman's surname, her biting remarks clearly masking some resentment for him. "Fair enough, I'll drop it. But since you asked, I'm happy to look past the name when I'm given reason to. And seeing you discussing Ume in a back alley with some shady Akari doesn't do you any favors in that department, Masako." His tone grew cold towards the end, making clear that whatever it was he saw, he was upset by it. Though of course, he didn't know the full story... By this point, the two were already making their way through the streets of the Akari compound.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:51 pm

As the two walked through the Akari compound, Masako tried rather pointedly to keep her gaze down and allowed her hair to fall in her face more than usual. She still strongly suspected that the attack on her had been intentional on the part of the same elders who had assigned her, and until she knew more she didn't want someone with the same orders to see her and potentially attack on sight. In spite of any anger she felt towards Jinsai in the moment he'd already interfered on her behalf once, she didn't want him to have to do it again. Though as he brought up her meeting in the alley the woman couldn't help a sigh. "I swear, you pout like a boy a third of your age." she grumbled. "You could just straight up ask me about it, instead of making snide remarks and comments like some kind of child... or a boy who caught a young love cheating for the first time."

The woman did shake her head then, and almost stumbled for it, falling against him briefly as she swore under her breath. She was glad when they eventually crossed out of the compound and even she found herself breathing easier. "If you want to know that badly, why don't you just tell me what you did hear and ask me from there?" she asked him. "If it's something I can tell, I will. If it's something I can't, then it doesn't pertain to Ume at all. You're as concerned for her safety as I am, the only things I would keep from you would be things I'd consider not your business, things that have nothing to do with her."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Jinsai quirked his eyebrow at the woman's response to his calling her out. Of all the things he expected, an invitation to ask questions was low on the list. But perhaps that was part of the game? If he did ask, she could just lie to him to get him off the trail. Could he really trust her answers? With a hum of thought, he deduced there was only one way to find out; Ask. "Fine, I'll bite. I heard a man asking you something regarding Ume, followed by you bucking him, and him reinforcing that you do the clan's bidding. Beyond that, I didn't hear anything."

As they rounded a corner, getting clear of the Akari compound and down the streets towards his home, he asked the questions. "Can you fill in the gaps? What exactly was the hooded figure asking in regards to Ume? And what did he mean by you doing the clan's bidding? Or is that just more of the same 'protect the shiin' business?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Masako sighed heavily as they walked along, leaning against Jinsai as they moved along though she was feeling all the more awkward about it as he asked her these questions. Of course, as he revealed what little he'd heard she realized he had no way of knowing just how personal the answers were that he was asking for. "They don't like how close she is to you, to an outsider." Masako answered bluntly as they walked along. "They want me to get between you two, split you two up. I've made it clear that that just isn't possible. You two have been partners for literal years, and through a war no less. I made clear to them that the best they could hope for was the fact that you two decided to stop having sex, and then they just got mad that you two didn't stop because of something I did."

Masako sighed heavily, glancing around to verify yet again that no one was near enough to listen in on the pair. "It's just posturing and bullshit. One of the elders in particular has been pushing for me to leverage my position as her guardian to do more, and I keep trying to remind them that my job is to be her guardian and nothing more. Tonight their rep that I met in the alley even tried to tell me that I should be trying to further a divide by bedding you myself and wasn't happy when I reminded him that I don't just jump into bed with people on anyone's say-so. That again, it isn't part of my job description." She shook her head and sighed again, even blushing lightly as they walked.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:05 pm

To say that Jinsai was stunned was a severe understatement; He stopped in his tracks as the woman mentioned that it wasn't about Ume... It was about him. "Oh... Well then..." His expression betrayed his emotions, making clear that he was literally the last thing he would've expected to come out of Masako's mouth. "That... Makes so little sense. Of all of the people who are a danger to Ume, a non-Akari is literally the highest on that list. My partnership with her brought her back from the brink of madness... She had no one when I was introduced to her life. Even I..."

He trailed off for a moment, finding it difficult to say the words that were in his mind. With a sigh and a deep breath, he'd start walking with her again, admitting his fault. "... Even I wasn't kind to her at first. I was charged with watching her, documenting her mental state, ensuring she was fit for duty. You think I'm rough on you for being an Akari? I was twice as hard on her. I treated her like a job, nothing more. And I've spent the rest of our friendship making that up to her. You can tell your elders that, maybe then they'll understand why separating us isn't going to happen as long as I have anything to say about it."

He didn't get it; he didn't see how his relationship to Ume was of any concern to those bastards. He wasn't any more dangerous to her then her clanmates that sought her power for themselves... The only thing that brought him out of his thoughts was the way she ended her discussion... the suggestion for splitting them apart. "Ha... They clearly don't know me very well. Even if that happened, Ume knows I'm not typically tied to a single person. Sleeping with me wouldn't drive a wedge between me or the other half a dozen people."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:35 am

Masako shook her head as Jinsai tried to explain how his friendship was important to Ume, to her mental health even. "I haven't been around for very long yet, but even I've seen already how important you are to her and not as a physical companion." she admitted. "In a lot of ways that woman seems to be barely holding on still. I think her friendship with you is a lot of what is holding her together, separating you two would be a mistake. Putting a rift between you two would be even worse... but the clan elders are old and sadistic bastards who only think in a few terms. All they think about is their precious shiin. The only other holder of an astra that I know of is our own Tsuchikage and they can't force anything on him, so they want to bring her under their thumb and they'll do anything they can to do so. They're being stupid about it." Masako sighed heavily as they came to a home she had to assume was his. The ornate nature of the door alone caused her to raise an eyebrow though she didn't say a word about it.

"I've always done everything they've ever asked me to do... but every time they ask me to do something beyond my normal guard duties with her, all I see is stupidity. Everything they ask of me, all I see are things that would damage this woman. I've always blindly followed orders, what you saw in the alley, me bucking orders? That's never happened." Masako took a deep breath and sighed heavily. "I blame you two for that." she added in a light laugh, which quickly turned into a small and painful cough.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 pm

As Masako spoke on his relationship with Ume and how much good it had done the woman over the years, he had to smile. He hadn't expected such an analysis from Masako, nor did he expect that she'd actually buck an order to split him and Ume's relationship up. "Heh... I wouldn't have thought you'd go against an order like that. But I don't understand; Why are they worried about me taking her out of the clan? They clearly don't know our relationship very well, or they'd know that Ume has spent her time trying to show me the good side of your people. In addition to that, all of my attempts to badmouth your people have been met with extreme resistance from her; It's clear that she doesn't intend on stepping out from under the clan's power anytime soon."

He let out a sigh as they came around one last street corner, and about half way down this road was his home - A one floor, two bedroom house. From the outside it was rather unassuming, but it was clear that the home had a fair amount of space despite being only a single level. "I'll be frank; Your elders are out of touch and making blind decisions without all of the information necessary to make them properly. In short, they're dangerous, and their actions could prove to create the very problem they think they're trying to deal with through you. In other words... they're absolutely stupid." He had to laugh a little towards the end, shaking his head in disbelief at how far the Akari's clan elders would go for this, and how far off base they were in their approach. Even his own people weren't that bad, and they hated Jinsai...

Turning to Masako's final comment about being the clan's lapdog, Jinsai smirked as the woman blamed him and Ume for her insubordination. "I'll take that blame. It's about time you started to think for yourself a little. Blind loyalty can be used in horrible ways by the wrong people. I'd do anything for Iwagakure and it's people, but I'll be the first to say that we aren't a perfect place. No one, no where, deserves blind loyalty. Not even our families." As he concluded, he stepped onto the front porch and opened the door, leading into his entryway - a small square room for putting shoes and such away. "We'll get that cough taken care of. Shoes off though, I'm very particular about my home... And try not to bleed on anything."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:26 pm

"They are stupid. And out of touch." Masako admitted, almost sadly. "There's a lot of history there though that has left them thinking these things... I think I need to talk to my mother though and let her relay these things. She'll get through to them better than I can. Maybe she can make them see what I can't. They think of me as just the muscle, like I can't analyze these things. I should let her be the interpreter, she's always been better at the politics of it than I am." Masako slowly fell quiet however as they entered Jinsai's home and he mentioned her taking off her shoes and the woman rolled her eyes.

She bent down carefully and undid her boots before setting them aside and glancing at Jinsai as she rest a hand against the wall to keep her balance. "I'm not actively bleeding anymore, Jinsai." she replied, sighing quietly. "And the cough is nothing, I'm just... sore. That's all." She told him, still managing the mask the pain she was feeling well enough as she took a couple of steps forward to give him space. She leaned against a wall to get a look around but kept her arms crossed under her chest as she did so.

"I had you pegged for a type to be rather particular... though I would have described you as anal."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:13 pm

Jinsai scoffed with disbelief as Masako actually agreed with him on the matter of her clan's elders. "You... agree with me? I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right, could you repeat that?" He chuckled to himself as he took off his shoes and helped make sure Masako was stable as she did the same. The two would then enter a large living room area, easily 10 meters from end to end, with a small divide half way through the room that looked like it might be used if he wanted to separate the large room into two smaller rooms with a wall. Off of that big living room was a bathroom, a kitchen and a bedroom. "It isn't much, but I at least have a separate bed. Sit down, or go clean up in the bathroom a bit. I'm going to start brewing this tea."

Jinsai would do as he had said, walking into the kitchen to grab his tea kettle and get the water started boiling on his stove. This gave Masako the chance to analyze the impeccable cleanliness of the room. When he came back, the girl's comment about his particularness caused him to shake his head. "...Of course that's the word you'd choose." He smirked a little and rolled his eyes, leaning against the wall while the woman took a seat and got comfortable. "After you drink this stuff though, it's straight to bed, you hear me? It's late, you need rest."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Masako rolled her eyes as Jinsai started in about her agreeing with him. "If I weren't sure I would fall over again trying, I'd hit you in the balls again." she replied, glaring at him for a moment. As they left the entry and stepped into the living room, Masako was more than a little surprised to see the sheer size of the place. "Size of this place, looks like you should have the whole domestic set up here, Jinsai." she remarked as she made her way towards the bathroom after his offer to wash up. She stepped inside, making a face as she saw her own reflection in the mirror. With a little soap and water she cleaned up her hands and abdomen, frowning at the hole in her shirt.

It wasn't much to pull it off over her head. When she stepped out of the bathroom she kept the cloth of what was left of her shirt covering the more sensitive areas of her chest and went looking for Jinsai. "Hey, uh, do you have a shirt I can borrow for now or something?" she asked, almost hesitantly. "Damn asshole left a hole in mine in the worst place..." she muttered, sighing to herself before she sat down.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:06 pm

Jinsai simply chuckled at the girl's threat, feeling no need to make a point of resisting or combating it. She had just been nearly gored - she could throw a few threats around without much complaint from him, whether he liked her or not. The mention of his home brought a smile to his face, but the idea of a domestic life took it right off again. "Definitely not. I'm proud of myself, having immigrated and earned this place in the past 20 years, but the domestic life isn't for me. No kids, no marriage... Just constant service and improvement. Some might think it hard or lonely but... It's the life I prefer." He put his hands on his hips and looked at his abode with a smile, letting out a small sigh of satisfaction.

But by that point the woman walked out of his bathroom, practically nude from the waist up, and immediately he averted his eyes with a slight blush. "Oh, oh my... Right, yeah let me go look around..." The man would quickly stumble out of the living room towards his room, and soon returned with a loose kimono made of cotton, black in color with yellow trim. "Here, that'll help keep you decent." The man would then slowly move over to the woman, making sure to watch her out of his peripheral vision and avoiding her modesty like the plague.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Masako let out a small laugh as Jinsai looked away and even seemed to blush. "Wow... is that a blush?" she asked as he seemed to stumble away and the woman shook her head. "I didn't know you knew how." she teased as he came back with the kimono. She almost wrinkled up her nose at it but resisted the urge, reaching for it with one hand while she kept one hand in place to keep herself somewhat covered as she took it. She glanced and saw he didn't seem to be looking before letting the ruined shirt drop from her entirely. She pulled on the kimono and covered herself, tying it off at her hip carefully before smiling slightly. "Oddly comfortable." she remarked before picking up the ruined shirt and tossing it into a small trashcan nearby.

She returned to the couch and sat down with a sigh before looking at Jinsai with a bit of a smirk again. "You know, before I introduced myself to Ume, and to you I guess, I had to spy on her a bit. Including in that basement. I'm kinda surprised you'd blush or shy away from nudity at all considering your proclivities." she remarked, leaning back against the couch a bit and even crossing her arms under her chest a bit as she tried to relax in spite of the pain she was still feeling, and still hiding.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:22 pm

The Fukusha leaned against the wall and shrugged as the woman commented on his blush. "It's rare, but it happens. I try to let people retain their modesty around me when we aren't involved. Though I will say... I noticed a glint of metal as you put on that kimono. Dare I ask?" He didn't want to say what was going through his head for fear of being wrong, but he was very curious if he was seeing things... or if he had noticed a piercing underneath that torn cloth that was once her shirt. She seemed happy in the kimono though, which was good - it was hers now, after all.

He was about to go sit down on a chair across from her when the woman mentioned his time with Ume... and the time spent in that basement, at that party. He froze in place for a moment, his head slowly turning to look at her as confusion and horror filled his visage. Then he was saved by the bell, or rather the kettle, as the pot began to whistle. "I... should get that." The man said with a quiet tone, shuffling away to the kitchen to deal with the tea.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Masako kept her arms crossed, crossing one leg over the other as Jinsai spoke. She raised an eyebrow as he mentioned something he saw when she put on her kimono and the woman couldn't help a bit of a chuckle. "Yes, I have piercings." she said simply, smirking at him a bit. She couldn't help but noticed that he seemed hesitant but also immensely curious about what he'd obviously seen. "They're not the only ones I have either." she added, shrugging. "Honestly most of the ones I have are probably a bad idea considering my focus on taijutsu... but I'm just fond of the way most of them look. I've had to have some redone after pretty bad fights." She stopped and thought for a moment. "I have... three types, technically five total I guess. I assume you saw two of them...."

Though as she revealed that she had personally been the one to follow Ume to her first party in the basement, she couldn't help a rather devilish smile as Jinsai seemed to be suddenly horrified at the thought of her observing it all. Surprisingly the woman didn't capitalize on it or try to embarrass him further. Instead she left the subject alone and let him leave to get the teapot without another word. She had a hunch he might need a moment with the information to recover himself or at least to process it. Instead Masako simply sat quietly and waited for him to come back, uncrossing her arms to rest a hand over what had been her wound not so long ago. It still felt sore, and she was still uncomfortable with it.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:36 pm

This conversation was only getting worse and worse for Jinsai... though, at least it wasn't as serious or infuriating as the day she came to fight him. In some ways, he preferred the anger... the embarrassment didn't suit him. Still, he prepared her tea, the aroma of the liquid wafting through the air as he came back to Masako with a cup full of the strange brew, which had turned black with the tea steeping inside of it. "Heh... have fun with this stuff. I recommend plugging the nose, the odor alone might knock you out."

As he handed her the cup, he finally sat in the chair across from her, his hands folded in his lap as he heaved a sigh and thought of how to approach the subject that Masako had brought up. But of course, she had already told him to just be straight with her - So that's what he'd do. "Well... What exactly did you see from me then, Masako? After all... you clearly know what I've been doing."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Masako made a face as she was handed the cup. Inside of it she noticed the liquid was black, which just made her wrinkle up her nose even worse. "...are we sure Ume wouldn't try to just poison me?" she asked, looking at Jinsai uncertainly for a moment before trying to brave a sip of the tea and making a face. Swallowing hard she finally tried to just drink the tea fast, in spite of how hot it was. A moment later she set down the empty cup on the table before her with a light rattle. She kept making odd faces for a few moments before leaning back and clearing her throat and shaking her head briefly. "Oh that is just nasty..." she muttered. She practically shuddered before trying to turn her attention back to Jinsai.

When Jinsai returned to the subject of the club, Masako chuckled a bit in spite of how gross that tea had tasted. "Oh I saw plenty of you..." she remarked. "Wearing a mask, it's easy to make my way through that place... I was there before she was, so I saw everything that went on between you two. Even when you two were in private. You were so focused on her, you lost all awareness of everything around you." she looked at him a moment, some part of her wondering how angry he'd become at that bit. Yet she shrugged. "Truth is, that wasn't even my first night there. I've been going there for about six months." She looked down at the kimono and realized how much of her it covered. In fact, it seemed to drag on the ground even. In the interest of being comfortable she seemed to wrinkle up her nose a moment and tugged on her pants under the kimono and pulled them off, kicking them off her feet onto the floor and leaving them there. Of course, the kimono still covered her completely.

She sighed and looked back to Jinsai. "Before you ask, I've never taken part in anything, so you don't have to wonder anything. Ume isn't the first Akari to wander into that place, she's not the first one I've tailed there. I do just find it odd though that you seem to get embarrassed about the subject... you certainly aren't embarrassed in the moment."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:06 pm

Jinsai shook his head and smirked as the woman wondered aloud, though likely sarcastically, whether or not Ume would poison her. "Aside from the fact that she just healed you, did you see what she did in the arena? I sincerely doubt poison is the route she'd take if she wanted you dead. She's more likely to gut you." He looked down at his hands as he spoke, but looked up quickly as he heard her chug the piping hot liquid down all at once. "Oh great, go ahead and burn your esophagus too. I'm sure Ume would love to heal that." Once again, he shook his head and smirked, laughing a little as he did so.

The woman had clearly seen much of his acts and movements if she'd been watching him as long as she said... And so far, Masako didn't seem the type to lie. Right now, he sincerely wished she was. "I prefer to keep my public and private lives separate, Masako. That's why it embarrasses me that you know all of this, without my knowing. That said... I'm not ashamed, and I've nothing to apologize for. It just... comes as a surprise, that's all. Might I ask, why were you instructed to spy on me in... that setting?" He leaned back in his chair, rubbing his forehead with annoyance and confusion as he asked his question. After all, there had to be some reason other then "get close to Ume" for her to be spying on their private affairs like that.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:43 pm

As Jinsai remarked about Masako burning herself, the woman simply rolled her eyes and childishly stuck her tongue out at the man in response before settling back into the couch.

"If you really wanted to keep them so separate, you'd wear a mask." Masako replied, shrugging simply. She sighed, and seemed to get even more comfortable in the couch. She pulled her legs up under her and seemed to curl up in the corner of it, resting her head on the arm of it as she listened to what Jinsai had to say and chuckled a bit. "I was never sent to spy on you specifically." she admitted. "I was always sent to keep an eye on some Akari or another, Ume was just the most recent assignment. But the first time I ever went I was warned to steer clear of you, when a woman is told to steer clear of someone because of 'danger', especially an Akari woman, it's a bit hard not to spend at least some time watching that man." she admitted, shrugging once again.

Masako took a deep breath, sighing heavily as she released that breath and frowned. "What the hell was in that tea?" she muttered to herself, realizing rather quickly that something in her head felt a little 'off'. She stretched comfortably on the couch, not seeming to realize that as she did so her legs were almost fully out of the kimono and bare as she looked up towards the ceiling. "Sometimes I went when I wasn't assigned to, it was interesting just to watch people in that place sometimes."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:22 pm

He wasn't sure what was coming over him, but he couldn't help but let his mind wander as the woman stuck her tongue out at him...

The mention of a mask earned the first eyeroll from Jinsai, crossing his arms and huffing with annoyance. "I despise masks. For me, most of my enjoyment comes from facial expressions, and I know that it's the same for many of my partners. Plus... I see no reason to hide my identity. I just expect common respect when it comes to the lifestyle I choose, and my desire to maintain separation in my life." It wasn't that he was upset by the conversation, but he felt he could at least expect discretion in his life, regardless of who happened to see him during his more... vulnerable moments.

But of course the danger surrounding the man was something that attracted Akari to him. In truth, he wouldn't be surprised if he had been playing with them all his life. "It's ironic, isn't it?" The man said with a grin, looking up to Masako in his Kimono, without her pants now. "I've hated your clan for years for what that woman did to my brother, and the lack of justice she received. Yet, in the end, I've likely been partnering up with them long before I met Ume... Makes you wonder." The woman proceeded to comment on the tea, her legs stretching out from the kimono... He had to avert his eyes, for his sake this time.

"So... You were interested in watching for the sake of watching, is that it?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:27 pm

"The Akari are people who crave violence in every aspect of their lives. Many in an uncontrolled fashion. I wouldn't be surprised if some have shown up in your club and been rejected, while others have shown up under the radar as subs and enjoyed having someone else control them successfully." Masako honestly wasn't surprised at all with the idea of Jinsai playing successfully with other Akari. As far as she could tell he seemed to attract them with the way he seemed to control subs so well and the way he worked with his play partners. "As quickly as you seemed to draw Ume in, I doubt she was the first one you've worked with. And I can guess at at least two others I suspected among past partners you've had." More than once she thought she'd noticed past partners of his when she went to the club and observed.

Though as he commented about her watching, the woman rolled her eyes and tried to sit up. "I live in a clan where people are always hurting one another, everyone complains about it, and no one does anything about it." she remarked. "You voluntarily go to a club where people submit to pain and control and enjoy it. It's a bit fascinating." She managed to get up and walked over to where Jinsai sat. Looking down at him she leaned against the arm of the chair and smiled. "For someone so interested in keeping these parts of your life separate, you sure are interested in knowing about how much I saw and my thoughts on the issue."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Jinsai hummed to himself in thought as the woman made clear that, because the Akari had no singular defining feature to identify beyond their shiin, it was very likely that he'd seen and even played with them in the past. But at the end of the day, if he didn't know it and it didn't define their time together, it didn't bother him... that much. Anonymity was definitely a thing for a lot of people in his walk of life, so if they wanted to leave their surname behind and enjoy themselves, who was he to judge them for it? "So be it, as long as they're not trying to eat me I suppose it is what it is."

And on the other hand, he completely understood how someone could find voluntary submission to be so interesting. The people he played with enjoyed giving away their control, and letting him take the reins on their lives for a short period of time. For that moment, he was in complete control of their lives... that's the part he enjoyed, and the trust that came with such complete submission. But as she came closer to him, he found himself frozen, unsure of how to respond. "I... was just curious. That's all. Masako, you should probably lay down... Let me get you to your bed." Jinsai would then go to rise and lead Masako to another room, one that extended off of his kitchen.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Masako sighed as she watched Jinsai stand up and she realized she wasn't feeling completely 'right' in the moment. She found herself reaching out to him and looping an arm around one of his, practically hugging herself against him as she rest her head against his shoulder. "Ugh, what the hell did she put in that damn tea?" she grumbled, turning her head to look up at him again as she fixed her green eyes on him for a moment. "Bed is probably a good idea." she admitted, though she didn't entirely let go of him. When he started to lead her to another room, she moved along with him, feeling more than a little unsteady on her feet.

Once in the room she sat down on the bed and reached back, finally undoing her ponytail and allowing her hair to fall loose with a sigh. She looked up at Jinsai and reached out to grab his hand for a moment. "Thank you." she said suddenly. "I know you don't like having me around... you didn't have to help me in that alley... but you did anyway."

The woman grinned for a moment as a thought occurred to her and she looked at his hand a moment. "You know, if I had stopped thinking like an Akari for a moment and thought about those clubs... I probably would have thought of a better approach than a spar to try and smooth things over with you."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Jinsai helped the woman get to bed, letting her support herself on his arm as they moved through his kitchen to the spare bedroom, shaking his head as she asked what was in the tea. "Hell if I know... Something to help with your pain sounds like. It just... also happens to have effects on your mind. Which is all the more reason you should sleep it off." He smiled to the woman as he moved her into the room and towards the bed, letting her get comfortable however she needed to and giving her whatever modesty she needed. But as she grabbed his hand to hold him with her on the bed, his gaze fell onto her green eyes with curiosity.

That tea must really be getting to her, given how she was talking to him now. "Hmm... I wasn't expecting you to be so vulnerable with me. Truth be told... I appreciate it. And you're welcome, I couldn't let someone get gutted in the middle of the street like that. Not even a blood thirsty Akari." He chuckled as he ribbed her with what was once a serious insult, but was now meant as a more sarcastic jest. But he didn't quite understand what she concluded with...

"Well, fighting is what I do for my profession, not my leisure time. But uh... what are you talking about, smoothing things over"?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 pm

Masako couldn't help a sound of mild annoyance as he referred to her as 'vulnerable'. She hated that word, especially in reference to herself. She released his hand and tried to smile up at him in spite of her annoyance but it was hard to hide as she slide into the bed, doing her best to be careful not to bare anything from under the kimono she wore though that was a difficult task in her state of mind. "I'm... always the protector." she admitted quietly. "My job is always to be strong, physically, emotionally, all of it. Even just talking to people normally, like this. It's not something I get to do. Almost ever."

She shrugged and sighed in further annoyance, seeming content to curl up under the sheets for now as she looked up at Jinsai before patting an empty space beside her, an invitation for him to sit with her. "You've hated my guts and seen me as a threat since I showed up. That's what I was trying to smooth over." she tried to explain to him. "I thought if we could just fight it out, it might help, whatever chip is on your shoulder about the Akari, maybe it'd help to work it out that way. Maybe fight versus fuck, fighting would help." Masako couldn't help a giggle that almost sounded drunken. "Like I said, I think I chose the wrong approach."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Jinsai finally sat on the woman's bed with a heavy sigh as she made clear her inability to vent or let loose about things, to be vulnerable... Such a thing was not healthy. "You know... You've seen what I do in my spare time. You should know, then, that many of those people are in the same boat as you. In their daily life, they are strong, dependable, responsible people. They can't show weakness, they must be hard as stone. But down in that basement, when they're subjected to the tools and devices, they don't have to be. They can let their walls down, if only for a moment. They can be weak... It's how they deal with the stress that comes with that sort of life."

But of course, she continued on to talk about smoothing things over, and had to be so vulgar in her description of her ideas. Scratching the back of his head, he chuckled for a moment before standing and moving towards her. "Heh... I think maybe you should get to sleep, Masako. I'll wake you up in a few hours for more of that tea you love so much." This tea seemed to be taking a real toll on her, and he couldn't let her make any mistakes as a result of it. She needed to get some rest and sleep off the strange side effects...
Active Characters

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”