[Graded]Pots and Pans

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Graded]Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Fukusha, Kinomichi grumbled as he slammed the door to his apartment and stomped off towards the Enkouten district. Another failed attempt at cooking somehow turned into both a pot and a pan being turned into slagged metal. The young man wasn't sure how but he knew he did it. He didn't think he'd be this bad at cooking but it was starting to look like he would actually save more money eating out than trying to cook his own food based on operation costs. His black shaggy hair bounced behind him as he pulled his kosode tight and righted the gunbai on his back. Michi doubted he would run into someone who really cared about his scales or calling him a freak in the Enkouten district but it was always a possibility.

Once there, Michi was a tad bit lost. He made a disgruntled noise to himself before just walking down the main path and eventually finding himself in the markets section. It was obvious the young man was out of place and a bit overwhelmed so he just picked the first shop he could recognize as one. He opened the door to the shop, his lime green eyes scanning the room to make sure it was safe, and stepped through.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Tsedas

Pots and Pans

Post by Tsedas » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 pm

The sound of tinking filled the shop as a small hammer tapped against a piece of kitchenware in order to repair and restore it to a working condition. How a person manages to puncture a hole into a pot was beyond Enkouten Hisone's comprehension but it wasn't truly her concern. Her primary concern was making sure the remolding and patching of the hole didn't look out of place or prove to be the untimely undoing of the seemingly well used cookware. As she tapped away, her focus was solely aimed at the work before her, finally snapping out of her trance when a hand found itself resting upon her shoulder. Looking up, she saw her father giving her that look of amusement he had when she was often pulled from such a state. "Huh? What?"

"I said, I'm going out for a bit. I need to run a few deliveries across the village. Mind the shop for me." He spoke, his voice getting more gravelly over the years. She nodded as he hoisted up a bundle and stepped out the door, making the chime on it jingle as it closed. After a moment, Hisone shifted her gaze back down to the pot and began tapping away again, smoothing out things before setting her hammer aside and grabbing another tool. As she was making sure the patch would be invisible to all but the most expertly trained eyes, the door chime jingled again. Without looking up she huffed out an amused tone. "Forget to take a delivery or something?""

After a moment, she shifted her gaze up and saw it wasn't her father but a customer.... maybe? Her vibrantly yellow eyes sized the man up before she rose from her stool, setting the pot and tool aside as she walked up to the counter and set her hands upon it. "Ah, apologies. I thought you were my father already forgetting something right after he left.... again. How can I assist you" As she raised her hands and spread her arms, she gestured to the shop as a whole that seemed almost divided in half. On Kinomichi's right were pots, pans, nails, and all manner of useful day to day items. On the left side were weapons of various make and size. Swords, spears, axes, even shields and clubs lined with obsidian shards like shark's teeth.

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Kinomichi cocked his head to the right and blinked a few times, a look of confusion easily recognizable on his face. His brow was knit and his eyes looked the tall woman up and down as she mistook him for someone else. The genin went to answer in the negative but before he could, she was throwing her arms open and putting the shop on exhibit. However, his eyes found purchase on her chest and what little fabric covered it. Michi's face grew pink as a slight blush dusted itself on his cheeks. The man coughed to clear his throat and quickly shifted his eyes to the weapon section of the store.

His lime green eyes grew wide in excitement and he wanted to go look through the inventory like he was but a child. The Fukusha reigned himself in, however, and swung his gaze instead to the side filled with household items. The bar-shaped pupil moved up and down as Michi tried to find what he was looking for. Finally seeing replacements for the items he had turned to slag this morning with his cooking, Michi pointed out a couple of cooking pots and pans.

"I...uh...had a little cooking accident this morning and need some replacements." The Fukusha answered meekly, scratching the back of his head and then tightening the wrappings on his arms. "I know I'm not the greatest cook but I didn't think they'd melt." He whispered in abject horror as he thought back to the minor warzone he'd left behind.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Tsedas

Pots and Pans

Post by Tsedas » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:21 pm

Hisone watched the young man eye her up and down, lingering a moment before looking back to the shop around them. She saw the twinkle in his eyes as he took in the weapon side but seemed to hold something back as he turned to the house hold items she'd crafted. She watched him in silence before he pointed to some some pots and pans. She moved over to the items in question, plucking them from their perch and setting them on the counter. However instead of one size as he might of seen from a distance there were smaller sizes stacked within. She laid them all out and swept a hand through the air to indicate the items. "What size did you wish to replace? We have sauce pots, small pots, large pots, large frying pans, small sautee pants, and skillets..."

She stopped speaking as he mentioned turning his previous set into slag metal and she just blinked for a moment. "I hear accident and assumed you smashed or dented... but melted? You trying to cook with lava or something?" She asked, a bit baffled by the others words.

Retired CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:53 pm

"I was trying to cook something and it was taking a bit too long...I figured a little bit of a Katon jutsu might help it along. Helped it right into oblivion." Michi admitted, a faint blush of embarrassment dusting his cheeks at the admittance. "I guess the cookware wasn't made to withstand that sort of heat and uh...well...yeah." He finished with a mumble, his eyes shifting back and forth along the kitchen supply section.

"I could probably do with an entire set at this point to be completely honest." Michi muttered just barely loud enough as his eyes once more swept over the kitchenware part of the store before analyzing what she had laid out in front of him. He eyed them over for a moment and picked up the largest one to look over, his sleeves falling back slightly to reveal the bandages up to his wrists. "These are good, can I get all of them?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Tsedas

Pots and Pans

Post by Tsedas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:45 pm

"I... I don't know how to respond to that honestly." Hisone stood there for a moment, a bit stunned by the mere idea of using a jutsu to try and heat up a pan. She could only try to picture a raging fireball not only burning whatever food was cooking, but melting said pan into a heap of ruined scrap. "I suppose a replacement would be for the best then, if you want a full set I can bring things around. The full set usually includes a small pan, medium pan, large pan, sauce pot, small pot, and a large pot."

As she stated this, she pulled the bits and bobs apart before assembling a full set of cookware. Neatly stacking it, she gave it a flourish before looking to the man. Noticing him pick up a pan, she spied bandages upon his wrists. "Burn yourself while melting that pan?" She asked, gesturing towards the wrappings.

Retired CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:03 pm

"Is...is it not normal for people to try to use a jutsu to heat up their cooking?" Michi asked, the look of confusion on his face so pure it would be hard for one to fake. He blushed again, this time in embarrassment of realizing that people probably did not, in fact, use Katon jutsu to speed up their cooking. It had seemed like such a simple thing for him, he had never questioned if another person did the same. "Well, I guess you learn something new every day..." He muttered in embarrassment as he looked over the cooking utensils.

Michi's gaze and attention were fixed on the assortment of pots and pans when Hisone asked him about burning himself. He nearly scoffed as he looked over the pans before glancing down at his bandages peaking out from under his sleeves. It didn't take a genius to figure out why she had asked but it was definitely a question Michi was used to being asked under different circumstances.

"No." His arms crossed together for a moment as he tugged at the bandages on his left wrist. They slackened a little bit and revealed dark ruby scales akin to a dragon. "Gift from my...father." Michi explained, a thinly veiled malice behind the final word.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Tsedas

Pots and Pans

Post by Tsedas » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:40 pm

With a shake of her head, Hisone watched them as they were clearly embarrased by the way they'd treated their cookware. A soft huff of air escaped her, as if showing signs of amusement. "Not usually, it'd have to be something custom made to endure a jutsu. Most pots and pans, even the ones I craft here, are designed for everyday people to use. Can't have jutsu dependent or resistant cookware in civilian hands, it'd just be silly and probably a waste of time and money to forge such things for public market. With that said, these are normal cookware, use a regular flame. If you want something that can withstand a jutsu... well I can make it for you, but it'll take some time. Plus I would need specifics about the size and dimensions of the final product."

As he mentioned the burn scar being a gift from his dad, a man that sounded like a stellar upstanding person by the implied tone used to refer to him, Hisone plucked up a spatula. Hooking her finger through the hoop on the handle's end, she twirled it around lazily. "Wouldn't have happened to melted your utensils in the process?"" She was quick to change the topic back to business as she didn't want a customer yelling at her for being a Nosy Nancy, but she also didn't wanna leave the guy angry. Keep the customers happy or some such nonsense as her old man would put it.

Retired CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:22 pm

"Yeah, they went up in flames too. Don't worry about custom cookware, I'll just...wait for the water to boil when I want to cook something. Any complete sets you'd recommend?" Michi continued on, absent mindedly playing with the end of the bandages before tucking them back under themselves. Most of the time he'd get a comment or two about it and was used to the stares. For someone to not say something was rare and a small blessing. Moving on, his eyes once more roamed the shelves for anything in particular besides the cookware.

"Anything else you'd recommend besides some new pots, pans, and utensils?" Michi asked as he pulled out his simple brown leather pouch of coins and began to count out an amount to hand over to the woman.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Tsedas

Pots and Pans

Post by Tsedas » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm

"Yeesh, must have really wanted that meal, huh? Well if you're looking for a complete set," The Enkouten gestured to the series of pots and pans she' d stacked together on the counter earlier in their conversation. "Any of those sets of pots and pans are recommended, a utensil set that I can easily gather up for you, and if you're looking for additionals well then I have a few things I can recommend." Making her way around the counter, she walked down the length of the store, passing Michi before plucking a few things off the shelf and coming back to him. The first thing she held out for him was a whetstone. "Now I'm sure you already have one of these for your shinobi gear, but I recommend keep a separate one for your kitchen knives. Wouldn't wanna accidentally sharpen a kunai that still had blood on it then turn around and sharpen the knife that's gonna cook your food."

The second thing she held up was a honing rod. "This is the other bit of kit I recommend. Sometimes the blade needs to be straightened more than sharpened to get that super clean cut. I highly recommend one in the kitchen. What do you think?" She asked seemingly jostling the items in her hands as she wiggled her hips rhythmically. More out trying to entice him to take a look at the items than anything else. Her boredom with being in the shop all day had nothing to do with it, not one bit, no sir.

Retired CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:37 pm

Michi's eyes followed her as she walked around the store picking out other items that'd be of use to him in the kitchen. Half of them he didn't really know the names of and wasn't sure he'd use but if she said they'd be useful he believed her. The whetstone was definitely familiar to him even if he didn't really use them often, rather opting to discard his used kunai and buy new ones. Nothing else he used really required a sharpening after battle but having one in the kitchen meant he didn't have to replace his knives so much.

"Yeah, I'll take 'em all." Michi caved, forking over the necessary money from his wallet. His eyes looked over the sheer amount of items in front of him and worried for a moment about how he'd get them all home. "...Can I also get a bag or something to help get these home?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Tsedas

Pots and Pans

Post by Tsedas » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:22 pm

After Hisone had assembled and brought together a collection of things, including the whet stone she had tried to sell, he dropped several ryo upon the counter. She counted out the coin, making change for the man before setting it on his side of the counter when he asked about a bag. Blinking a few times, her brain tried to process that information as it scrambled to recall if it had seen a bag or anything like that around the shop. They had small bags, but that would be useless for transporting the items. Screwing her face up in thought, she looked around before humming in thought as she tried to come up with a solution. Crossing her arms under her bust, she closed her eyes and thought. "I don't believe we have anything bigger than a pouch or small hand bag, certainly nothing big enough to accommodate all this cookware. The most I think I can offer is lending you a hand in carrying things if you don't live too far out of the way. Honestly could do with a moment outside of the shop, stretch my legs and such."

Opening her eyes, the Enkouten kunoichi looked to Michi and spread her arms, gesturing to the stack of cookware with both hands. "We can easily split the pile in half, most stuff can be piled into the other for ease of storage and carrying I think. How does that sound?"

Retired CharactersShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Pots and Pans

Post by Niro » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:19 pm

'Don't look. What is wrong with you?' Michi chided himself mentally as Hisone crossed her arms under her considerable bust and exacerbated the view he had of them through the already sheer clothing. Digging his toes into his sandals and trying to focus his attention elsewhere, he blinked a few times as he processed her offer of helping him carry them home. Well, that wasn't something he had been expecting. His gaze narrowed as it swept over the cookware and other goods while thinking about how best to stack it up and divide it. Deciding the plan was as good as any, Michi nodded in agreement and took back whatever change on the counter.

Once stacked and divided, Michi took up his half in his arms and turned to the door as he waited for Hisone. "You sure you can just leave the shop? Won't your boss get mad?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”