On Another Mend [Graded]

Kat & Kao

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

On Another Mend [Graded]

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:59 pm

Ume wandered back into what served as her room for the time being, in Kotaru's house. She suddenly just felt so immensely tired. Perhaps it was the excitement of seeing the little half dragon child. Or maybe just watching the sibling rivalry between Kotaru and Tatsuo that she hadn't witnessed first hand in so long. She missed those days dearly but she hadn't remembered them being so draining. Of course there was also the wound that was still healing. Regardless of the cause of her fatigue she went right back to the bed and sat at the edge of it. For a moment she simply sat there, ignoring any sounds or conversations from the kitchen as she took a couple deep breaths to steady herself.

'No... you know damn well what it is that suddenly made you feel tired...' she chided herself and shook her head, trying to remind herself of a few simple truths. 'Doesn't matter how I feel, its how he feels. If his answer is never, as it so clearly seems to be, then my job is to respect that.' She cleared her throat and sighed before finally pulling her feet back into the bed and pulling the blanket over her again, up to her shoulder.

That was one advantage at least of Kota's home. The bedding was amazing, something to completely lose herself in the comfort of. Just for the love of how it felt against her skin she buried her face in it a bit, taking a deep breath. Of course doing this meant she was also getting a full breath of Kota's scent from the robe she was wearing, causing her to roll her eyes at herself. 'Oh dumbass....'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:24 pm

"You might wanna get on that before you actually lose her this time, you idiot. Quit dickin' 'round, it's not good for either of you."

Tatsuo's words rang in Kotaru's ears. He found himself suddenly alone as the sound of two sets of footsteps faded in opposite directions. Tatsuo and Hikari left soon after he had appeased them with sweets, and Ume had sauntered off. Initially he hadn't noticed the change in Ume's demeanor when he told off Tatsuo one last time, but once the room fell into silence he belatedly replayed her reaction in his head. Kotaru drummed on the countertop with a knuckle as a deep frown formed and he listened to Ume return to her room.

It was one thing to endure the older Akari's teasing about her staying with him. But when Tatsuo said something that erred on serious advice it was hard to swallow. The siblings didn't talk much about Ume, and Kotaru had completely avoided talking about his and Ume's near-falling out when they trained together in that dark and isolated cavern. Despite that, it clearly didn't take much for Tatsuo to figure out that there was something definitely going on between the two of them even if Kotaru wanted to run from the situation or, at the very least, keep it at arm's length. No amount of pretending on his part could fool his brother.

Kotaru allowed a few minutes to pass as he wrestled with a decision. He started to go to the courtyard. Then he stopped and closed the pantry. His body turned toward the courtyard again, stopped, and then swiveled toward the hall. After shuffling in place the man sighed and walked to Ume's room. By that point the woman was wrapped underneath the covers, only her head visible over the plush blankets. Kotaru stood above her and cleared his throat as he held out his hand to offer her glass from earlier. "You didn't finish your water."
Last edited by Kao on Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:34 pm

She hadn't really heard the approach of his foot steps, her eyes closed she had dipped her head downward slightly so she could enjoy what hint was left of his mint scent on the robe. When she heard him speak above her it took everything she had not to jump in response. Not only would it be embarrassing to admit why she had been distracted, but it wouldn't exactly be good for the still healing stitches either. She shifted under the blankets and lifted her head to look up at him, seeing the water. She finally moved so she was sitting up as best as she could in the bed before taking the glass he offered. "Thank you." she said quietly, taking a sip before setting it on the end table beside her. "Still kinda hard to drink in the mornings... my throat just feels sore." she admitted, sighing quietly.

She looked up at Kota a moment before smirking slightly. "So your brother has trained his new minion to raid your pantry as badly as he does, huh?" she asked, hoping to at least get a laugh out of him. "Hope she has his metabolism if he keeps her eating that many sweets..." Though as she thought about the encounter, without thinking much about the action first, she suddenly reached out for one of his hands. Specifically she reached for his arm that the child had bit. "She didn't break skin when she bit you did she?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:44 pm

He thought aloud, "Maybe you need tea then," and he almost turned to go back into the kitchen to make some. But then Ume mentioned the pantry raiders and he stopped to roll his eyes. "Minion is a good way to put it. I can't believe he expects me to let her call me uncle. It's bad enough Mitsuo has a kid running around. Wasn't expecting Tats to hop on to the parenting bandwagon." It was still a shock, to say the least, but Kotaru wasn't personally interested in the little dragon girl in the slightest.

All thoughts of Tatsuo and his new daughter drained from his mind when Ume took his hand. He stared at the contact for the span of a skipped heartbeat and then scoffed, "The kid has a long way to go before she can break skin on me. Don't worry about it." After another pause he hummed thoughtfully. He pulled his hand away, only to sit next to her on the bed. The way she moved was a clear indication that she was still in quite a lot of pain. "You're due for your meds, you know."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:53 pm

Ume grinned as Kota made it sound like he wasn't going to let the girl call him uncle. "I don't know, sounded like you let her call you 'Uncle' just fine... and now if you ever want revenge on Tatsuo you can just borrow her for a little bit, fill her with sugar, and send her home." she offered, chuckling slightly as she thought about the idea. Really, children were the perfect form of revenge weren't they? Little hellions that could be hyped up and sent home like living chakra bombs... just more sticky.

She had been trying to look over his arm though when he pulled it away and she simply raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes, the medic shouldn't worry that your brother hatched a strange creature of unknown origins, brought it home, and let it bite you. That can't possibly go wrong." she teased, resisting the urge to stick her tongue out at him. Naturally though he had to bring up meds and she made a face. "You know I hate them." she said. "I end up saying or doing something that makes you uncomfortable, and I don't like losing awareness anyway which is all the meds really achieve."

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:22 pm

"True, true. It's just weird, you know? I'm not good with kids and now there's one everywhere I turn. If Masako winds up pregnant anytime soon I'm gonna have a stroke." He shook his head as he thought about his youngest sister with a pregnant belly. The thought amused him considering she was the one person in the family who had always been on his side when it came to shuddering at the idea of being a parent.

When she practically scolded him about dismissing her concerns he snorted. "Yes, yes, Doctor Ume, you're right. She could definitely have rabies. But if you're gonna get on my case about a bite from a baby then I'll get on yours about your meds. Fuck making me uncomfortable, Ume. You have them for a reason." Knowing Ume should would protest, Kotaru jerked his head towards her torso. "But if you insist on not taking them, I can ask Nurse Cunty to prescribe you something else. In the meantime, though, we need to do something about the pain you're in."

Kotaru thought for a moment about the way Tatsuo looked at him earlier when talking about the former's lack of iijutsu knowledge. The man wasn't wrong when his tone and gaze implied that Kotaru wished he could do more. Damn Tatsuo and his random moments of insightfulness. "Lie down," he commanded suddenly as he drew chakra to his hands. He shifted to sit on the middle of the bed and then faced her, gesturing for her to remove the comforter completely and open her - his - robe.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:32 pm

The idea of Kotaru's sister getting pregnant made Ume snort, mostly because she hadn't even realized she already knew a Masako when she met her guardian until Kota reminded him just now. For a moment it had given her the wrong mental picture and that had nearly made her laugh harder. She knew Jinsai was almost more violently against having children than Kotaru was, if her guardian ended up pregnant she could only imagine Jin's panic at the idea.

But of course he had to throw her words out there again in comparison to her meds. As he persisted she simply glared at him, daring to put her tongue behind her sharpened teeth in a teasing hiss for a moment. "I changed my mind, maybe this time I'll be the one to bite you." she retorted, rolling her eyes as he went on to talk about the Nurse she couldn't stand. Of course his nickname for her was hilarous, it would've made her laugh if she wasn't annoyed at his insistence about the pain meds.

But his tone and body language shifted suddenly as he told her to lay down and she frowned at him for a moment. She looked at him as if studying his face for a reason why, but after a moment she simply sighed and gave in. She laid down carefully and moved the comforter off of herself, kicking it off almost completely despite the warm comfort that called to her from it. Though as he gestured to the robe again she couldn't help a light blush before simply sighing and undoing the robe as well, opening it completely to let the fabric fall on either side of her torso. 'It's just medical, Ume, nothing to blush about.' she chided herself, a light shiver running down her spine as the open air touched her pale skin and she found herself feeling cold already. She took a deep breath and simply closed her eyes as she waited for whatever he was planning to do. She assumed he was either checking the stitches over or rebandaging them, after all she had laughed a fair amount during Tatsuo's visit.

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 pm

He lifted a brow when she hissed at him, then afterwards let out a snorting laugh that he had a hard time stifling. "Promise?" The thought of her biting him was hilarious. At first. But then the image shifted from a humorous and playful chomp on his hand to a rough and passionate nibble on his neck. The thought gave him chills, pleasantly so, and the man found himself having to force his body to not have any sort of noticeable reaction. All he had to do was check on her wounds. No need for his mind to wander elsewhere.

The chakra that coated his hands turned the familiar green of iijutsu and he hummed as he circulated the chakra to his fingers. Kotaru was pretty good at soothing burns given his proclivity for katon techniques - he used to burn himself frequently in his younger days - and he thought that soothing the pain from a slash wound shouldn't be too different. "Don't worry," Kotaru reassured her preemptively, "I won't use you as a guinea pig. Not much anyway...." He trailed off as he focused, and he glanced at her face as he let the green chakra pulse over her exposed skin. He didn't use this kind of chakra, so for a long while he had to adjust the amount and concentration before it started to feel right to him. Kotaru slowly moved his hands over her torso, first towards her center and then back up near her breasts. His gaze moved to her bare chest and his lips briefly twitched as he suppressed a smirk. This time she wasn't so modest. "Cold?"
Jutsu TrainingShow
*[Iijutsu • Numbing]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
This field-oriented technique is used in place of typical anesthetics when they're not at hand. After focusing chakra into the hands, the user will place them over a group of muscles. As the chakra is channeled through the chosen area, numbness will begin to creep throughout it, beginning with the flesh before seeping into the muscle below. Small areas of numbness require very little time, while medium-sized areas (equivalent to half a limb) require one (1) post to numb, and anything larger than an entire limb requires two (2) posts of concentration to numb. This numbing begins where the user has placed his/her hands and spreads outward until the hands are removed. The numbness can only cause pain equivalent to being stabbed with a kunai to be nullified. Once numbed, the effects last for four (4) posts before fading.
Last edited by Kao on Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 am

It was too long after the fact that she thought of a couple of good comebacks to his asking for a promise. The comment had been a bit unexpected at the time, she hadn't really been of the right mind to come up with a response right away. Of course later she was regretting it and thinking of plenty of things she could have said instead of staying quiet.

She watched him as he coated his hands with chakra and she saw it turn that familiar green. It was almost a comfort to see, but not because he planned to use it on her. She had just become so accustomed to seeing it, the sight of it alone was simply a comfort. He tried to reassure her and she grinned up at him. "Please, I'm a prime guinea pig right now for practice." she admitted. "You'd be kinder than me if you didn't use me for it." she added. "I force my bodyguard to take on wounds, illness, and poisons so I can practice my Iijutsu on her... so if you used me as a guinea pig now you're already being nicer to me than I am to her."

She didn't miss the twitch in his lip though, as she'd spoken to him she had opened her eyes and watched him as he prepared to do whatever work he was planning on doing. The twitch of his lips was enough for her to wonder if he was thinking about the Iijutsu or enjoying the view. When he asked her if she was cold it only confirmed it and she rolled her eyes before smirking up at him. "Of course I am.... I much prefer being under the comforter right now. That thing is heaven."

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:14 am

Ume rather liked talking about the two people he absolutely didn't want to acknowledge. This time it was the body guard, the woman who stood uselessly outside of Ume's hospital room even after he told her her presence wasn't needed. The brief discussion of Masako was met with an eye roll and a deep sigh. At least the woman was useful for some things, though it was a shame none of the poisons or injuries had put an end to her. Kotaru was still convinced that Ume was better off without her.

"Glad you like it. It's new." With that he began telling her about everything he had done to prepare the empty rooms of the mansion for her. The shopping, the deliveries. The way he was able to negotiate some of the prices to be next to nothing and all he had to do was be a little bit scary. She did seem quite cold, so for a moment Kotaru stopped molding the chakra, grabbed the blanket, and threw it over both of their heads so that he became the pillar of a blanket fort. "They wanted so much ryo for some damn blankets but since you like them so much, maybe I'll go back and tip them to make up for their loss from our 'negotiations.'" As he spoke he continued to focus on the chakra, kneading it and molding it as he pumped it into Ume. "How does that feel? Am I even doing anything helpful?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:25 am

It was honestly starting to amuse Ume how annoyed Kota would get whenever she mentioned Masako or Jinsai. She knew he trusted neither of them and liked neither of them as well, but she could see already it was a good way to get under his skin if she wanted a quick way to annoy him. Though this probably wasn't the moment for it either. She was glad when he moved on to the subject of the blankets and explained to her what had happened with the purchase of them. Of course she snorted slightly as he mentioned negotiating it down. "Well personally it feels worth it." she finally said. She watched him molding chakra, giggling a bit as he pulled the blanket up over both of them. She couldn't help thinking he looked a bit silly that way, not that she actually minded.

She watched him push the chakra into her body and closed her eyes, waiting for the effects of whatever jutsu he was using before she smiled. She recognized the feeling, or rather the lack of, rather quickly. "Yeah.. incision is numbing out, its helping." she told him quietly. She looked up at him a moment before bringing a hand up to one of his. She didn't try to hold his hand or disrupt what he was doing though, just ran her fingertips up the underside of his forearm. "Just being here helps, you know that, right?"

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:47 am

A faint smile settled onto his features when she giggled. She was right about the blankets being warm, and for Kotaru that wasn't the only heat he felt. The blanket above their heads made the position feel even closer than it actually was. His focus wavered, and although he kept his gaze on his work it was difficult to not think about the fact that she was laying topless beneath him. He continued to mold his chakra, and he moved his hands so that the chakra would flow over every inch of her stitched wound. It was such a large injury, and the longer he looked at it the more a frown replaced his smile.

Her hand was so soft. At her touch he found that his throat went suddenly dry, so he forcefully swallowed once, twice. It wasn't very soothing, especially not compared to her fingertips tracing gentle lines on his skin. "Does it? Just being here, I mean." Kotaru asked almost absentmindedly. But truthfully her words weighed on him. Was that not what he wanted? For Ume to feel comfortable enough in his home that she felt better and safer? He asked himself that, but he knew she didn't just mean that she found comfort in being in the house with him. The way she touched him said more than her words did.

Kotaru brought his hands down and the chakra dissipated. Several seconds passed before he raised his eyes to meet hers. "Somehow it doesn't seem that way."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:58 am

She watched the slow shifts in his facial expression as he worked over her wound. It left her wishing she could muster up the strength to use Mystical Palm herself to heal it. But she just didn't have enough energy back yet to do it, and even if she did, she had a feeling there was a reason the Nurse hadn't had another medic do it yet. She had no idea what that reason could be, but there had to be one. But the numbing work that Kotaru was doing was helping immensely with her pain levels, and without the foggy high that came with her pain medications. Her fingertips kept tracing lines up and down the underside of his forearm as he worked, and his question brought a simple nod from her. "It does. It's quieter here, more comfortable..." she answered quietly.

When he stopped and brought his hands down, she brought her hand down as well. Her fingers, instead of moving under his forearm, traced across his fingers. Her hand only paused when he looked o her eyes and made his comment. "Suddenly I'm not sure we're talking about my wound anymore." she replied quietly as she looked up at him. She struggled for a moment on what else to say, going back and forth in her mind on just what she should be saying to him in response, she wasn't sure what he was hoping to hear from her. And even if she knew, she wasn't sure how to cheer him up exactly, it had never really been her strong suit. "I'm here." she said quietly, shrugging briefly. "Just being closer to you, I feel more at ease than I have in a very long time."

Suddenly she was almost painfully aware of her state of partial undress beneath him, but she forced her embarrassment aside. She reached her hand up and touched the back of two fingers against his cheek gently. "But I guess that's still just me talking about me... I'm sorry if my being here doesn't help you at all..."

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:37 am

Soon after her fingers began tracing his own, Kotaru opened his hand and laced their fingers together. Such a simple touch felt incredible. Her opposite hand brushed against his cheek, and he leaned into the gentle touch while his eyes fluttered shut. He inhaled deeply and held it in an attempt to calm himself. Once again, his mind and body started up their screaming match and he wasn't sure which one would claim victory.

They had been here before. Vulnerable and alone in a quiet room. Feelings up in the air. The difference this time, however, was that Ume had put everything out on the table. She had opened her heart and put it on the line and so far Kotaru wasn't sure if he should continue to guard his own heart or to allow himself to trust again. Sighing and eyes still closed, Kotaru lowered his head to the pillow next to her. When he finally opened his eyes to meet her gaze, there was a trace of apprehension in those green eyes. "I'm fine."

A feeble lie. She would be able to see right through it. So, he tried to elaborate. "Don't be sorry. I want you here. I just...I don't know what to do now that you're here. I didn't think this far ahead."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:54 am

She felt her heart skip a beat when his eyes fluttered closed. It wasn't often that she was able to see this kind of proof that he enjoyed her touch, but here in this moment she finally felt like there were no walls left up between them, at least in that second. She loved the feeling of his fingers between hers, of his skin under her other hand. As his head touched the pillow next to her, her hand shifted from his cheek to entwine itself in his hair. Of course she knew when he tried to say he was fine that he was lying, he was never fine. The man was a living raw nerve if she ever saw one, even when he tried to relax, all she could do was smirk slightly at him when he tried to say that.

What he said to elaborate didn't exactly surprise her either. "I'm not sure thinking ahead has ever been a strong suit for either of us." she admitted quietly. "But this time I have, at least in this." she added simply. She brushed a few stray hairs out of his face as she looked at him, her eyes looking him over for a moment as she was suddenly glad her wound was numb for this. She didn't have to hide pain, she hoped he could actually see how happy she felt with him then without the pain of the wound lingering in her eyes that way. "All I could think about was you when I thought I was done for... that I had to get back to you." She shifted slightly, closing the distance between them, kissing him lightly.

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:41 pm

Ume was right. Neither of them were very good at thinking things through, especially when it came to each other. After all, they wouldn't have been there in this exact moment had they paused to think about their actions before they shared that first kiss all those years ago. At the time they were just teenagers - kids - who didn't think much further ahead than the present. So much had changed, but so much had also remained the same. The bannin still felt electric when she touched him. He still wanted nothing more than to hold her and protect her, to ensure her that everything would be alright.

It had been the same when he found out she was potentially dying. Kotaru thought he didn't care. He thought he could move on. But as soon as his subordinate had told him of her condition his body had moved on his own. He recalled the feeling: the near-paralyzing fear at the idea that he nearly lost her for good. Kotaru moved at the same time she did, shifting and sliding closer to her until their lips met. There were stars. Fireworks. Fanfares. It was the most potent catharsis that he had ever experienced. In a blissful moment his fear and uncertainty rushed out of him. In that moment all that mattered was Ume.

With their bodies pressed so close together it was easy for his hand to find its way to her hip and then slowly slide to her thigh. After giving it a firm squeeze Kotaru pulled her thigh towards his hip until they were a tangle of limbs. He broke their kiss long enough to say, "I'm glad you did."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:14 pm

She managed to slip one arm around his waist as they kissed, her hand sliding under his shirt to run her fingertips up his spine. Her other hand ran across his cheek before slipping behind his head and burying her fingers in his hair. This kiss was so very different than their first. She wasn't facing death, she had survived and was facing her life. There was no guilt here to hang in the back of her mind, she had let go of any other ties and this moment truly was about just her and Kotaru. Taking a breath within the kiss meant breathing in him and it spread a smile across her lips even if her tongue was occupied momentarily with his. His words brought a small chuckle from her. "So am I." she said quietly.

Her hand moved from behind his head again to his cheek, her thumb tracing along his lips briefly as she looked into his eyes. For a brief moment she simply enjoyed the feeling of being so entwined with him, before kissing him again and barely withdrawing her thumb in time to do so. She suddenly remembered something though that made her giggle a moment, a blush returning to her jokes. "Is this a good time to admit that... when you first told me to choose rooms when I got here... I almost said 'yours'...?"

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:15 pm

She seemed to know exactly where and how to touch him. Kotaru's breath shuddered when Ume touched his spine, and his natural response was to deepen the kiss with tongue and a moan caught in the back of his throat. He could feel himself getting carried away, if the growing tent in his pants was any indication. Unlike many of his excursions into various women's beds, however, he was content to simply kiss her for hours if he could. The man's brows raised at her confession and his hand roamed to her waistband and stopped. "My bed?" he echoed, genuinely taken aback. But the surprise lasted for only a second. Of course she wanted to sleep in his bed.

"Is that a good idea? I'm serious about you resting while you're here." Tatsuo's words crossed his mind and he frowned at his mind's bad timing.It wasn't ideal to think of one's brother while kissing a half-naked woman. "That's why Tatsuo was annoying me so much. I don't like him insinuating that the only reason I brought you here was to...to uh...." Kotaru's cheeks flushed pink suddenly, and his gaze alternated between Ume's lips and her eyes and back again, and his next words poured out before he could stop them. "I didn't bring you here to just fuck you all day and risk your recovery."
Last edited by Kao on Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:26 pm

His moment of surprise at her words gave her a moment to catch her breath, and surprisingly she was okay with taking advantage of that. Though it also meant she blushed a bit deeper. Funnily enough, as he frowned thinking about his brother while kissing her, she had to resist making a joke about him bringing up her ex while he was kissing her. She just had a feeling that joke wasn't going to land well. Though as he made his comment about fucking her she suddenly brought her own hand up and covered her mouth as she snorted in her attempt to keep from laughing. "I meant sleeping with you." she said, her blush only getting worse for a moment. "But not sex, I'm well aware I can't really have sex without risking disembowelment right now, Kota." she added, snorting again before lowering her hand. Thankfully the hand she'd been using was the one that had been buried in his hair, the other still remained on his back and she was slowly tracing circles on his back and spine.

"I just..." her voice trailed off as she realized her blush wasn't getting any better. 'How is admitting this worse than talking about sex? Seriously, Ume?' she thought to herself with a heavy sigh. "I kept thinking about sleeping next to you or- or in your arms is all..."

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:52 pm

"Disembowelment?! How - how big do you think I am?" Kotaru was a bit above average, sure, but there was no way she thought he was so big that he would actually rearrange her guts. That was supposed to just be a saying, not an actual risk. He suddenly became very, very aware of his half-hard erection, and he wasn't sure if he should draw her attention to it so that she could see that it was a perfectly normally sized penis or if he should scoot away in case she thought it was on the larger side and found it intimidating. It didn't matter though. Ume eventually confessed that she wanted to sleep next to him.

It wasn't a bad idea. At least, it didn't have to be. Kotaru hummed thoughtfully and once again gripped her thigh, his fingers quite close to her center. With a snort he responded with, "How innocent of you. In that case, I could stay in here. That way you don't have to go up and down a bunch of stairs."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:15 pm

Ume snorted another laugh, dipping her head forward and resting her forehead against his shoulder as she laughed. She couldn't help it, his shock was just too funny. And ironically while he was thinking about scooting away, she had shifted one leg over him, hooking one foot behind his knee which would make it a bit too noticeable if he tried. "The stitches, you silly man." she finally managed to say, lifting her head to look up at him again. "I risk that if I rip my stitches out, Ms. Bitch was very clear about that." she added with another laugh. She shook her head lightly before leaning forward and planting a light kiss on his chin, and another on his throat before leaning back again to rest her head against the pillow so she could see his face better again.

Feeling his hand gripping at her thigh though the woman's eyes fluttered momentarily and she couldn't help a light giggle. "Now you're teasing." she accused quietly, looking at him as he mentioned staying in the room with her. Her smile went from amusement to something a bit more sincere. "I'd like that..." she added. Her hand moved to his side and slid under his shirt briefly, this time running across his skin and up his chest as she looked up at him.

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:41 pm

"Ah. Right." Ume's stitches certainly were a hassle. Perhaps it would be a good idea to take care of them in a way that would expedite her healing. If he knew more iijutsu he could be more help, and with that thought in mind Kotaru clicked his teeth and sighed. Maybe Tatsuo wasn't just being annoying when he warned Kotaru against slacking. His thoughts about his lack of training were interrupted by Ume's lips touching his throat, and he momentarily blanked. His neck was a dangerous place to kiss. But she didn't continue on, to his disappointment. It was probably for the best.

"I don't know what you're talking about. You're the one going under my shirt," he mumbled, looking at her hand pointedly. "One kiss and you're all over me, no shirt on, inviting me to bed. And it's barely been three days." His fingertips dipped below her waistband, roaming to her backside and then back the the front. He repeated the motions a few times without breaking eye contact. "Any other requests on your mind?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:07 am

Ume frowned at Kotaru for a moment as he talked about her being ‘all over him’ and sighed heavily, a sound that almost sounded more like a huff. ”Well if it bothers you that much…” she withdrew her hands from his shirt and shifted a bit to put some space between them again. “I mean you’re right, it isn’t like either of us have thought about this for literal years… right?”. She pulled the robe over herself again to cover up as best as she could since she was still lying down and simply looked at him. “Better?” she asked, a smirk slowly making its way to her lips as she had a hard time keeping a straight face.

Though a serious thought did come to mind in the moment. “Speaking of stitches, while you have me numbed I should probably try something… maybe I can hold the technique long enough to get something done now.”. She took a deep breath and opened the robe enough just to show the wound as she channeled chakra to her hands. They began to glow with that familiar green of the mystical palm before she rest her hands over the wound and closed her eyes to focus on the technique.

“Funny… this is a lot harder to do on myself…” she said with a chuckle after a few moments.

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:36 pm

The frown he gave her was a borderline pout. The view of her breasts had been fantastic, and as soon as she hid them his hand wandered inside the robe and settled on her waist. He responded with "Not better," but he let her cover herself for the time being. At her comment he lifted his brows and pursed his lips. Suddenly he wasn't able to make eye contact with her because what she said absolutely wasn't true. Even though he thought he had moved on from her, she had crossed his mind more than a handful of times in the years they had no communication. Late at night when he took care of himself there were times he would say her name breathlessly. It hadn't been a common occurrence but it was certainly a nonzero number. There was even one girl he'd met in eastern Rock Country with hair similar to Ume's. Not as vibrant and beautiful, but the girl's hair had a pretty blue hue. He had only been able to sleep with her once, and halfheartedly.

Kotaru held his tongue. Ume shifted away from him and his hand dropped to rest on the silky sheets. It seemed rather soon to try such an intensive technique but the bannin didn't immediately stopp her. Watching her try to heal herself only gave him more motivation to learn more advanced iijutsu. "Maybe it's too soon. Just relax, it's fine." After a pause, he added, "I'll try to learn it. Natsumi will teach me especially since she'll know you're here before the day's over."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:38 am

She hadn't missed the way he seemed to turn serious and avoided her eyes when she tried to joke about the fact that the two had been pining after one another for a long time. She wasn't ignorant of it, she assumed he'd felt the same, and felt it was confirmed the way he'd reacted. But she wasn't going to point that out. Rather she moved on to try and heal herself with little to no success. Though she had started the technique, her forehead was quickly dotted with perspiration from the exertion of it. With a grunt of frustration the green chakra faded from her hands and they dropped to her torso, as she panted to catch her breath. "I guess it is too soon..." she admitted quietly, blushing slightly with embarrassment as she turned her head to look at Kotaru. He mentioned Natsumi and she couldn't help a bit of a grin. "You know, its funny that she never told Tatsuo that she trained me... and that he doesn't remember I helped her with his operation..."

After finally giving up on trying the technique, Ume shuffled closer to Kotaru again, nuzzling up against him. "I guess I'm just eager to heal up." she admitted quietly, looking up at him for a moment. "If you think I'm all over you now..."

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:12 pm

The technique seemed to be more taxing than she anticipated. He didn’t stop her or say anything as she did her best to heal herself. For a while it seemed like she might push through, but the fatigue eventually got to her and she went limp. Kotaru dabbed her forehead with the back of his hand while she caught her breath. “We’ll have to tell him you were elbow deep in his guts or something. Or that he nearly died on the table so he owes you for all those extra mouths. Anything to get him to shut up for once.”

Ume moved closer to him - seemed like she just couldn’t stay away - and he gave her a long look. Bit by bit, amusement crept into his gaze. “I know that look. So you’re not just desperate to heal yourself so you can go home. Good to know.” This time it was Kotaru who couldn’t help himself. He kissed her deeply, passionately, slowly so they could both savor the way their tongues danced together. He pulled her even closer, his grip firmer on her hip. Without saying it, the man showed her that he to was eager for her to heal.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Willoria

On Another Mend

Post by Willoria » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Ume couldn't help a laugh at the idea of being able to tease Tatsuo for once instead of him just giving Kotaru a hard time. "Yeah that's why I didn't say anything when he was here... for once you can hold something over his head." she told him with a wink. As he eventually commented on the way she looked at him, she couldn't stop her smile turning into a smirk. "Never said I was eager to go home." she said quietly, her words quickly put to a stop by his kiss. Once more she found herself breathing him in, a light moan escaping against his lips. Her arms wrapped around him again as he pulled her closer again and she felt like she was losing herself in him again. It wasn't a bad feeling, she found herself enjoying it.

"I love you."

She hadn't entirely meant to say the words aloud again, not wanting to make him feel pressured again that she might want him to say the same in return. It simply felt right in the moment, as both finally expressed physically everything they felt and wanted of one another. One hand ran across the hem of his pants as a mischievous smile came to her lips as her thoughts turned from the pure to something much different. "You know, just because I can't have sex doesn't mean I can't do something else for you..."

Kao

On Another Mend

Post by Kao » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:44 pm

A single moan lit him on fire. As soon as the sound vibrated their lips he stood at full attention. The sudden feeling of such an intense arousal almost deafened him to her next words - those same three words he couldn’t quite grasp. This time instead of pulling away he hummed, the sound sounding much like a muffled I know. He nearly snatched her robe back open, but the man was trying his absolute damndest to keep things gentle and under control.

It all came to a halt when she went for his waistline. “Huh?” His control began to unravel. Kotaru brought one hand up to his lips as he contemplated. That look. That tone. It wasn’t hard to figure out what she meant. He could have easily said no to her, but his willingness to have her simply rest without much exertion was slipping away. Quickly.

Fuck.

Kotaru’s hand snaked to the back of her head, and his eyes became hooded with lust. Huskily he responded, ”Be my guest.”
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow