Calm the Demon Heart

Tydie & Kat

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:20 pm

She knew he wasn't going to just let her in, that Ume's orders meant nothing to him. After what she'd seen him become, she didn't doubt that he wasn't going to be in a mood to see her either. She knew he hadn't been to the club either since it had all happened, so his home was the only place to find him. She did a quick check of the exterior of his home and knew his habits well enough to know he was still in bed, and so she slipped in through a window in the guest bedroom. She stayed as quiet as she could manage, making her way into his kitchen as she silently prepared tea. She took the teapot from the burner before boiling point so it wouldn't scream out her presence into day and alert him. By time the sweet aromas would reach his rooms, she'd have a good spread of food and snacks, as well as the warm tea, on the coffee table in the living room.

Masako sat on the couch, in the corner of it. Her shoes were in the entryway where they should be. She wore only a long t-shirt that came down to her mid-thigh. Her long red hair was loose about her shoulders as she sat with her arms on either side of her, one on the arm of the couch, the other on the back of the couch. Her green eyes watched for him to come out of his room, knowing he'd probably be grumpy.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:11 pm

He knew he wasn't alone. He knew who was in his house even. There's only one person who would go through the trouble of breaking into his home on a night when he should have been at his usual spot, and she wasn't nearly as sneaky as she thought she was. But he didn't go down to see her... he didn't want to have that interaction. Some part of him hoped in vain that maybe she was just here to get something, and that she'd leave once she did. "Hm, can't have your solitude forever I suppose. Then again, it's not like you've really been alone, have you?" The shadowy image in the corner, the image of Ba'al, spoke to the man with a condescending tone, and it made Jinsai want to throw something across the room at it.

"I'll deal with you later, fiend. Get out of my home."

"Heh... For now. I have no desire to see her either, I'll let you bear the brunt of that."

Closing his eyes, the shadowy figure of Ba'al simply vanished without a trace, leaving the darkened corner of Jinsai's room uninhabited. As the aroma of food and drink filled his nostrils, a long sigh escaped Jinsai's lungs. Of course... she was going to force it. If he didn't show, she'd just come up to his room personally, and it wasn't in a state to be seen by her at the moment. So, reluctantly, Jinsai threw on a simple black shirt to go with his black pants and opened his door, the sound resounding down the hallway to the living room. Masako would hear the soft steps of Jinsai's bare feet make his way to the living room, as he saw the woman on the couch in nothing but a shirt with an array of food and a pot of tea on his table.

"Sorry you missed me tonight. I...didn't feel like attending." the man said, quietly and clearly distressed. He didn't move towards the table or a seat yet, just stood quietly at the end of the hallway, holding one of his arms as he leaned against the wall.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:22 pm

Masako turned as she heard Jinsai approach, frowning slightly as she saw him keep his distance. She had a hunch thought that he wasn't going to be exactly happy to see her but so far he wasn't kicking her out at least. She swung her legs off the couch and turned to pour a cup of tea. Taking it between both of her hands she stood carefully and walked over to where Jinsai stood, stopping only about a foot from him to offer him the cup of tea. "I didn't stay long when I realized you weren't there." she replied. "Just long enough to let your friends know you were okay." she added. His friends of course knew he was a shinobi and had shown a great deal of concern when he didn't show. Of course she assured them he was quite alive and well and just at home, she had actually also lied and said she was just there to let them know he was okay. But Masako had kept his secrets his of course.

She hoped he'd take the teacup, though even if he didn't one of her hands would move to rest against his hip as she looked up at him. "Ume's healing up alright." she started, trying to update him on the other Akari's condition. "Kotaru showed up at the hospital... he's a rude ass it turns out, but he does care. She's going to be staying at his place for a couple of weeks to mend under his watchful eye." She couldn't help a slight smirk as she looked at Jinsai. "So I guess that means I get to keep an eye on you now... how do you feel?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:45 pm

As the woman poured the cup of tea, Jinsai already knew that she was going to give it to him. She was going to try and carry on like it was business as usual, like he hadn't just become a monster and given his life to some shadowy daemon. It was enough to get his blood steaming, just like the cup that she handed to him. He started at it for a long while, not taking it or pushing it away. For an instant, a scenario played in his head that caused him to jolt backwards, as if he had just been slapped. A scenario involving violence and bloodshed, taking the cup from Masako and blinding her with it before continuing on... But instead he simply took a deep breath and reached for the cup with a shaky hand, taking it from her silently before moving past her for his couch.

At the mention of Ume, he finally spoke. "I'm glad to hear that. She was very seriously wounded, I wasn't sure she was going to make it. That... is a huge relief." Knowing she was staying with Kotaru also put the man at ease, as Kotaru was one of the few Akari that he had some semblance of trust in, if only because Ume trusted him. Taking a sip of his tea, he put the cup down on the table when she mentioned watching over him. "How do I feel? I feel like I sold my soul to the devil Masako. I feel like my life isn't my own, that I may as well already be dead, that's how I fucking feel."

His eyes went wide with shock at the words coming from his own mouth. He... he didn't speak like that. He never spoke like that to anyone. "I'm... I'm sorry. I was intemperate, forgive me. Your efforts are appreciated Masako, but I really don't need to be supervised. I'm 40 years old, I can take care of myself." Truth be told, he just didn't want Masako to have to see him like this. He felt like a freak, a shell of his former self, and the longer she spent with him the less control he'd have over what she saw.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:01 pm

The way Jinsai spoke to her surprised Masako. One of this oddities that she had come to cherish about him already was his strange politeness. But for a moment that vanished. It was almost like trying to talk to Ume, or listening to Kotaru yell at her to leave. She simply looked at him a moment and waited, it didn’t take long for the apology to come. She sighed, smiling at him almost sadly before she walked over to where he sat on the couch. But as usual she didn’t sit on the couch with him. Instead she knelt on the floor beside him, leaning her side against the couch with one hand on his knee and the other slowly caressing his calf of the same leg.

”Fine. No supervision then.” she said quietly. “Just company then. Because you’re not staying in this house alone. I’m staying with you, I’m not going to my apartment alone. Or Ume’s house alone. I’m staying right here.”

She looked up at him, resting her head on his knee as her green eyes stayed focused on him. “You saved my life, Jin. You sacrificed… no one would ever sacrifice like that for another. And you did. I’m not leaving you alone after what you’ve done for me.”

“Please, don’t make me leave your side, Master.”

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:59 pm

He expected her to leave then and there - to go cloth herself and simply leave his house. He expected he'd never see her again, because that's what Ba'al had put into his mind. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back on the couch, waiting to hear the sound of her footsteps or the sound of her yelling at him more likely. But instead, her footsteps moved towards him, and as he picked his head up to see her she was already kneeling down to caress his leg. "Masako, no..." He started to stop her, but then she began to speak, making clear that she had no intention of going anywhere. Ume was safe, and she wanted to be with Jinsai.

It was more than just wanting to watch over him too. She wanted to be by his side, to show appreciation for what he had done for her. "Masako, what I did was..." He was going to excuse it, to push her aside once again, but as she looked up at him and called him by his title... he couldn't say no to that. He let out a long sigh, looking to the ceiling, before finally looking back at her.

"Okay. You can stay. But I expect you to perform your duties as normal then. The food and tea are great, but I would still like the massage and rubs."

Business as normal... maybe that'd be the best way to move forward. For both of them.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:29 pm

Masako knew that would work, if nothing else did. But she couldn't let herself smile victoriously. Instead she simply hugged his leg lightly and rested her cheek against his knee for a brief moment. "Of course, whatever you ask of me." She got up for a moment to go retrieve a basket of the items she would need but paused only a few steps away. Looking over her shoulder at Jinsai for a moment she did give him a hint of a sly smile. "I do mean... whatever you ask of me tonight, Master." she added before wandering off to the bathroom. She knew where he would keep the basket of her leftover balms and the like. She picked it up from a cupboard and brought it back out into the living room and set it on the table carefully.

As always, she first took out a balm and a set of hand wraps before sitting on the couch next to him and taking one of his hands to rest in her lap. She opened up a balm and used her fingers to spread the ointment between his knuckles before closing the jar. From there she set about to start massaging his hand, working the ointment into his hand and massaging the muscles before moving up to his forearm. She took her time this time, her hands moving slowly. The ointment was a lavender and mint meant both to relax him and cause his skin to tingle pleasantly as she worked on his muscles and help him to relax.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:24 pm

Jinsai merely nodded to the woman as she stood to retrieve her ointments and such, but he wasn't blind to her inference regarding 'whatever he asked of her'. He wasn't sure now was the time for such talk, but he wasn't going to outright shoot her down. Just... he had no intentions of acting on anything in his current state. He was hardly even clean, let alone... his thoughts trailed off as Masako returned to him, and he allowed her to take one of his hands into hers so that she might begin to take care of his needs. Her hands moved up his arm, the feeling of his muscles relaxing for the first time in days creating a sense of euphoria that tingled throughout his extremities. The scent of lavender caused his eyes to flutter, yet the mint kept him alert. Truly, the woman's penchant for concoctions was on another level - She could start a business with such lotions and balms.

"Why?" Jinsai stated matter of factly, lifting the tea cup to his lips to let the word linger in the air, letting it's many possible meanings settle in Masako's mind. As he took the cup away from his mouth, he'd expound. "The way our relationship started, versus where it's out now... Why do you think that is? I mean, you never struck me as the type for this sort of life, and yet here you are... massaging my arm and treating me to various foods." He'd lean back into his couch, letting out a small sigh as he looked down to her.

"How did we get here?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:43 pm

As Jinsai questioned Masako, the woman outright snorted. She finished with one hand and forearm and got up to move to his other side to work on his other. She went about the same process as before, quiet at first as she got started before she started to respond to him. "I've never been the type for any kind of sexual life, Jin." she replied. "Which you already know, or at least could guess... honestly until I met you I thought I might just be asexual. I had no drive, no interest. Nothing and no one caught my eye, not even once. The one time I thought I had an interest... turned out to be nothing." She shook her head, taking a moment to focus on his hand and bringing it up between two of hers to massage it more thoroughly between her palms.

"I can't answer how we got here... but since I first saw you, you always struck me as different." A smirk crossed her lips as she finished with his other hand and she paused to look at him for a moment. "Then I met you with Ume and I thought you were an asshole... so I know I probably at least liked you." she teased him.

Masako got up and moved to sit on Jinsai's lap, straddling him as she faced him and slipped her hands under the hem of his shirt. Knowing he'd probably protest she just gave him a look. "Bear with me?" she asked quietly, and if he'd finally acquiesce she would pull the shirt off over his head before getting more of the ointment on both of her hands. From there her hands would move to his chest, massaging the muscles of his pectorals across to his shoulders to work the ointments into his skin. "You need more than the usual... I can feel it."

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:05 am

Jinsai listened as Masako explained herself, going into the sexual side of their relationship first and foremost. He wouldn't interrupt her, even tilting his head for a moment as she mentioned potentially being asexual, but he did have something to say as she gave a break in conversation. "You know, I didn't necessarily mean sexually... But at least I know where your head is at now." The smirk on his lips was momentary, and quickly covered by another sip of her expertly concocted tea. She called him an asshole though, and for a moment he choked on his tea, coughing lightly as he put the cup down and chuckled. "That's not the way to address your Master, is it? You're lucky I'm not in a mood to tempt fate right now..."

It was true - the temptation to play his role was there, but admittedly he was going through the motions by letting her take care of hands that hadn't even performed that night. He was about to reach for his cup again when she moved to sit on his lap, earning a sudden grunt of confusion from the man that was quickly silenced as she asked him to deal. "Mmf, alright..." He said quietly, allowing her to remove his shirt and bear fresh scars and wounds sustained while he was... not himself. She worked the ointment into his body, though at one point he winced as the ointment glazed partially over one of his wounds, sucking in air through his teeth.

"Sorry, I guess I'm not entirely healed yet. I declined medical attention, after all..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:18 am

Masako smirked as he commented about where her head was at, and full on grinned when he choked on his tea. She shifted herself forward, pressing her knees against either side of him against his ribs to apply a bit of pressure as she looked down at him. "Maybe I'm trying to tempt fate..." she said quietly. "I'm wearing no pants... no panties... I'm straddling you... and pushing the bounds of how a slave should behave." she continued. "Maybe I want you to punish me, or at least figure out where that last piercing is you still haven't figured out of mine yet." She'd eventually return to what she was doing. As he flinched and hissed at her touch, she paused and looked down at his wounds.

She could see the one she had aggravated and looked at him for a moment before picking up a cloth and wiping her hands clean of the ointment. She continued to wipe much of it off his chest as well, not wanting to aggravate his wounds as well. "Jinsai, you know I trust you completely, with my life, with my body, with my will and my choices." she said quietly before lifting her green eyes to meet his dark blue. "Thats why I wanted to be your slave, to serve you like this... I would hope you trust me as well. I would hope you remember that as an Akari I have seen some terrible things, and what you became the other day doesn't even top the list." She leaned forward and touched her lips gently to his chest in a kiss, before running her tongue across what remained of the wound she had accidentally agitated.

"If you changed now, I wouldn't leave you... on your blood I swear this."

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 pm

Jinsai eyed her suspiciously as she shifted forward and looked at him, her actions making entirely clear at this point what she was pushing towards, along with what she said of course. He wasn't blind to it, but he was also not sure she knew exactly what she was doing. "Masako... If it were any other day, any other time, I would give you a night that you'd never forget." Jinsai sighed as he physically grabbed the woman's sides and lifted her up and off of him, placing her on the couch by his side. "You have to understand though... I'm not myself anymore. I... I've become something wrong. I can feel it, and I don't want to put myself in a situation where I might lose control of it. So, please... don't push me to that. Not now."

It was as calm and sincere as he could muster, given the actual thoughts running through his head. Violent, brutal thoughts... "The food, the tea, the balms... those are all acceptable. I can maintain composure. But... It isn't that I don't trust you. I've come to understand that, Akari or not, you are Masako and Ume is Ume. You aren't typical Akari, I'm past that. But... I don't trust myself right now. I can't predict my future actions, I can't quell this fury inside me as easily as before, it... frightens me."

Jinsai sighed as he leaned forward in his seat, resting his elbows on his knees as he looked at his hands, a distant stare in his stormy blue eyes. "Please understand, Masako..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:09 pm

She didn't really mean to, but the entire time as Jinsai physically lifted Masako up and set her down beside him Masako simply pouted at him. But as she listened to him she couldn't help a heavy sigh as a thought occurred to her. 'When I first met him I thought he needed a fight and I misread him. This time I thought he needed a fuck and I've misread him again.... maybe...' She suddenly stood up and started heading back towards the man's guest bedroom where she had snuck in the window from. "Get dressed, Jinsai." she told him suddenly as she walked away, her words sounding dangerously like an order. "And don't forget your weapons."

She was only gone for a few minutes, when she came back out of the room she was fully dressed and wearing her more typical gear. If he hadn't already gone and gotten dressed she'd more or less nudge him with a foot, or even kick him. "I didn't fucking stutter. Maybe what you need right now isn't me after all, maybe you do need an Akari, now let's go." She'd wait for him to dress and get his things, before leading the way out of the house.

She'd take him to a training ground, realizing that if she wanted a normal night with her Jin back, she needed to deal with whatever was in him now first.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:18 pm

Jinsai was happy at least that the woman didn't seem to take what he said too hard. She was disappointed, as was expected, but she didn't storm off or get teary eyed - Not that he expected he'd ever see her cry. But instead, she stood and went calmly to his guest bedroom, calling out with a level tone for him to dress himself... including his weapons. He paused for a moment, tilting his head in confusion as the words registered for him. "Masako, you can't be serious." Was all he said in disbelief, but as she came back and practically shoved him to go do as she said, he did so if only out of confusion. "What on earth are you thinking Masako..."

As he returned from his bedroom, dressed and armed, he followed the woman through the tunnels of Iwa towards his usual training ground - A nice, open cavern scattered with rocks and boulders of varying sizes, some 50 meters in diameter, with a high ceiling. The perfect place to practice and not risk injury to self of passers by. "Masako, I don't understand you. I'm not sure what you expect to come of this, but a fight isn't going to be much different. In fact it could be worse, I'm not sure how I'll react in combat now that... his blood runs through my veins..."

His voice trailed off, his thoughts turning back to Ba'al and that damn deal he struck with the creature. As if on queue, a deep, gravely chuckle rang out as a shadowy image emerged from around a nearby boulder, four eyes peering through the shadows behind the rock like tiny embers.

"No need to fear, my master... My powers will serve you well, if only you let them..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:38 pm

They got to the training ground and Masako took a look around. "This looks perfect." she muttered, sighing to herself before she heard Jinsai start complaining again. "Quit bitching, Jinsai." she barked at him before turning around and crossing her arms under her chest. "This isn't as simple as a fight, Jin... you have something wild and unpredictable in you." she started to explain as she looked at him. "You're never going to get back to your life by hiding out in your home. You need to experiment with this thing. You have to learn what it is, how to access it, use it, harness it. That way you can be a shinobi like you're meant to be, and you can go back to being the man you are. Until you start training again, you're never going to go back to your life."

Talk about timing, as her and Jinsai's conversation seemed to slow, a new voice joined them. Swallowing hard she turned her head to look towards the source. She tilted her head as she looked at the form and sighed before looking at Jinsai. "We're going to spar, Jin, and we're going to help you figure out how to bring that thing out so you can use it." she continued, glancing warily at the shadow. "But since you can't control it yet, I'm taking every precaution." As she spoke she channeled her chakra through her shiin. Specifically, through her Lacrishiin. The green organ flared and spread over her entire body in the form of armor but for now she didn't bring out her other shiin. She only brought out the armor and reinforced it before looking at Jinsai. "Now come on, you'll find I'm pretty damn durable like this."
Jutsu UsedShow
~Basic Formation: Lacrishiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the form of an almost opaque armor with an appearance of glass, the lacrishiin almost completely covers the user's body. As a pseudoarmor, the lacrishiin has strength equal to the user's strength +3, while causing the user to move with -3 speed.

~Strengthen the Armor
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Lacrishiin
By doing the needed hand seals, the user is able to channel chakra directly into their shiin. This strengthens the armor, giving it an extra 10 Strength. However, while doing so, they are unable to use any ninjutsu or genjutsu while this is in effect. This lasts as long as they continue to channel chakra into their shiin.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:34 pm

Jinsai tilted his head to the shadowy daemon with a snarl and a glare, and the entity simply chuckled at the two shinobi before dissipating into shadows once again, vanishing from sight. Shaking his head as he turned back to watch Masako, she seemed intent on this turning into something, resorting to her old ways of crass and vulgar comments bordering on insults. "The man he was"? The rage built within him like a violent bile, yearning to be let forth from his body in the form of shear violence. Yet still, with a deep breath, he refrained and calmed himself.

"No. I don't care how many precautions you take, Masako, I'm not going to give in to this thing. I've never, ever let anything control me like this. I've always resisted, always played the part of the prim and proper man. That's the 'man that I am', Masako. And right now, that means walking away from this." Her shiin were impressive, he had yet to see the vibrant green armor that coated her body as armor. He also had no doubt that it could probably take a beating - After all, she protected Ume, so she must have some power to her. However, he wasn't willing to test it, when he wasn't even sure what he was capable of.

With a small bow and a muffled snarl of anger being suppressed, he moved to walk past the woman and out of the cavern, back towards his home.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:18 pm

Masako shook her head as Jinsai still insisted on ignoring what was in him. "For once you're wrong, Jinsai." she remarked. "We're in my wheelhouse now. I protect and train Akari for a living... finding a way to control that demon in you can't be any different." She realized quickly he was trying to ignore it all rather than deal with it and she couldn't help but sigh as he tried to move past her. "You know, training young Akari who refuse their innate violence is painful... so remember, this is gonna hurt you a lot more than it hurts me." she remarked, grinning wickedly.

He tried to move past her, but Masako moved quickly and suddenly sent a kick right into the man's chest. The upward kick would send him into the air, with her following him. She'd quickly take a hold of him so he couldn't escape the move and at the peak of the maneuver, she would start spinning them, bringing them down towards the ground and aiming him head first. She released him not far from the ground and righted herself, landing on her feet and skidding to a stop as she watched the results of her attack with apprehension. "...come on you prick."
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Strong Fist Style • Herculean Leaf Whirlwind]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user delivers an upward kick to their opponent, sending them high into the air. The user follows the opponent along their upward trajectory, taking tight hold of them so that they can't move or escape. Once they've reached the peak of the initial kick's arc, the user begins a spinning motion and propels them headfirst towards the ground. The user releases the opponent right before impact and retreats to safety, leaving the opponent to collide with the ground alone.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:18 pm

Jinsai ignored her words - in his mind, the conversation was done, and even she wasn't bold enough to outright attack him as he was trying to avoid this confrontation. At least, that's what he thought... until the sudden pain in his stomach proved him wrong. The wind was knocked from his lungs with a painful gasp as the man was launched into the air, his eyes closed and face wracked with agony as his breathless body was grabbed by Masako mid air and brought spiraling back down to the ground...

The bitch. The absolute bitch. She actually fucking did it. How could she? After how clear he made himself, how terrified her was of the monster within? How could she!?

HOW COULD SHE!?!? In a flash, just as Jinsai was about to hit the ground, Masako would see his body become engulfed by an aura of black and red chakra, his entire body turning opaque with the colossal power within him. He hit the earth with a powerful crash, tossing dust and debris into the air as his body created a crater. A yell, a scream of rage and savagery echoed through the cavern for several seconds, the voice distorting and deepening into a beastial, gravely growl. Though Masako could not yet see Jinsai, there was no doubt she could feel his change. As if his very presence alone was one of hatred, malice and fury. As the smoke cleared, the thing standing before her could not even be described as human anymore.

Towering at eight feet tall, the bipedal monster was crackling with blackened chakra, flames occasionally flitting harmlessly across his hardened, spiked body, rippling muscle bulging from it's body. Two gargantuan wings, like a dragon's wings, sprouted from his back and flapped vigorously, their beats clearing the dust to reveal his ruinous form. Two large, terrifying horns sprouted from a misshapen head, blackened chakra rising from his body like a flame of malevolence burning with unending fuel. Slithering from behind him to point it's end at Masako as if on it's own, a vicious looking barbed tail grew from the thing's back. And in it's monstrous hands, a colossal axe, even taller than he, was gripped with murderous intent. Seething black chakra emanated from it's mouth as it drew and released breath, and once more it beat it's wings with ferocious anger, letting loose a cry of hatred unlike anything heard before.

The only thing, the single sign that would tell her the truth, was those purple orbs in it's skull - They were unmistakably Jinsai's unique Tsuyoi Shogo Zumi.

He charged, wings flapping as he darted across the distance between them, feet not even touching the ground and bringing down his massive axe at her location to rend her in twain. He would crush her, break her, rip her to bloody pieces. He was not himself, and he wasn't even capable of caring. All he was capable of, all he wanted in this world, was to taste Masako's blood.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:30 pm

Masako stood ready as she waited for this result, a wicked grin in place the moment she saw the first signs of him shifting and changing. "There you are you big beautiful bastard." she muttered under her breath, even as he began to charge at her. "Oh I bet you think you're a scary bitch don't you?" she continued. She quickly side-stepped his weapon as he tried to bring it down vertical as if to split her in twain, one hand touching the side of the axe briefly as she did so. Her other hand quickly touched the shaft of the axe and with a grunt she'd try to force it down into the dirt, her strength combined with his own and his momentum. The success didn't matter, only that she kept moving and side stepped away from it.

She'd follow up by trying to kick him away before stepping back and giving him another chance to come at him. "Jinsai!" she barked at him as she moved. "Listen to me! Focus through it, use the anger and control the forum, you can do this!" she tried to get his attention, in spite of how difficult, even near impossible, it so far appeared to be. If she had to do this for days in a row, she would, just as she would for any student.

'...who knew I'd ever have to treat him like an unwilling student?'
Jutsu UsedShow
*Kūgāpou • Soft Paws
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Soft Paws is a bare-handed deflection technique and is used against bladed weapons. At this level, the practitioner is able to read the angles of the attacks to place the flat of their hand against the flat of the blade and push it away without getting cut by the weapon. However, prolonged use of this technique will cause the practitioner to suffer bruises on their hands.

*Kūgāpou • Down Rush
Requirement: *Kūgāpou • Down Paw
After using Down Paw to drive the opponent’s blade downward or into the ground, the practitioner will rush forward and ram their shoulder into the opponent, driving them back and away from their weapon or even taking the weapon from them outright.

*[Strong Fist Style • Rising Leaf Wind]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
A kick meant to disrupt the opponent that can be launched from nearly any position. This kick is delivered quickly with +6 Speed but with -6 Strength and is aimed at any possible opening and extremely difficult to defend against, quickening the tempo the practitioner is keeping.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:44 pm

The beast's axe was sent into the dirt hard, the earth splitting beneath his axe like an old tree as it was embedded for a moment in the earth. However, with a mighty roar, he removed it from the rocky ground as her kick landed on his stomach, his armor not even giving way under the woman's foot but the force giving him a slight misstep. Her words were lost in him, another furious bellow silencing them as his cry filled the cavern. There was no reaching the man beneath the Daemonblight now. His tail whipped forth like a snake, aiming to slide through her body and pull her closer with it's barbed end, or at least damage the woman's armor.

Another savage heave of his axe would tear through the air, the 'woosh' of it's movement only barely audible over his own roars as he swung horizontally at the woman's side.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:58 pm

It had been a long time since someone had really challenged Masako. What had happened to them on the mission, to Ume, had been a fluke of all of them being caught off guard. But in this moment of fighting the demon with Jinsai's eyes it was like a new clarity washing over Masako and she finally felt like the Akari Shinobi she was again. His tail whipped out and she twisted to avoid it before sliding under it and rolling away from it. "Well aren't you a sly one." she quipped, letting out a sharp breath.

He swung out with that axe again and the woman flipped horizontally over it, landing on all fours to stare at him. "Come on, Jinsai, how long before you wake up? Show me how much work we have to do!" A growl built up in her throat as she suddenly launched herself forward and tried to sweep a kick under his legs to try and knock him off balance.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Strong Fist Style • Balance]
D-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
A neutral stance taken by even entry level practitioners. This stance involves turning your body to be perpendicular to your opponent. One foot is rested directly in front of the other with just the toes in contact with the ground. A hand is held back while the other is forward, pointing up. This stance provides ease of dodging incoming blows by using the least amount of motion possible while still being ready to launch into an attack.

*[Strong Fist Style • Leaf Gale]
A simple sweeping kick aimed low to knock the opponent off balance.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:23 am

A momentary grunt of frustration replaced the typical screams and yells he had released thus forth, as the creature had yet to land a solid hit on the woman. However, for a brief moment, Masako might realize that beneath the hulking daemon before her, the mind of Jinsai still existed somewhere. Or, at least, his training did - As her sweeping kick rang loose, she could see as his eyes darted with incredible speed to the offending leg. With a sudden hop, the monstrous behemoth actually avoided an attack - The training of the Fukusha's eyes at work. As he leapt, his wings beat forth in an attempt to both blast the woman with wings while also thrusting him back a few meters.

A bellow rang forth as he raised his head to the ceiling, roaring with fury as chakra gathered around him, coalescing towards his hand as it began to glow with blue power. Then, concluding his roar, he'd ram his fist into the ground, releasing the build up of chakra into the earth between them. The force of his strength combined with the power of his chakra control would send tremors through the ground of immense magnitude, rending the ground with power and creating unstable terrain. He'd then charge forward with another beat of his wings, taking to the skies with a mighty roar before crashing down with another overhead swing of his axe, aimed to dig into Masako's shoulder.
jutsuShow
~Flames of Hate • Susano'o's Sight
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Possessing immense battle sense and perception, the user is aware of even the most subtle details around them, to a point where they can even pick up on the slightest tension changes in an opponent’s body allowing him predict their movement before it is complete or even read what someone is writing by the way their pencil moves. At times their eyes seem to move on their own will, rapidly tracking an amount of movements equal to their [Speed]/2.

*[Ninjutsu • Chakra Burst]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra into one of their fists, the user will then attempt to strike their target and if successful, they will release additional concussive force in the form of an outward explosion with [Control] Strength from their fist. If the user does not strike a target within 3 posts the jutsu dissipates.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:13 am

The first sign she saw that he was something more than a demon of rage was that grunt of frustration. The second was when he jumped her leg. Masako couldn't help a grin of excitement as he managed to avoid that attack. He was showing that he was still in there somewhere, and was even showing signs of being able to control this thing somewhat. She had hoped that control would come sooner, but Masako was simply happy to see that control come at all. Though of course the way he dodged meant she was also sent back in a roll. She came up on her feet without issue, and a laugh, but still she had been knocked back by the beat of his wings.

He seemed to be doing so well suddenly in fact, that when he struck the ground she found her footing at risk. For a moment she dropped to a knee as she tried to steady herself, but didn't have the time to get out from under his axe swing this time. Channing her chakra into her phasmashiin she quickly brought up her left arm as the weapon formed along her left forearm and jutted out, grunting as the yellow weapon formed quickly and blocked the blow. The ground beneath her strained and cracked with the effort of stopping the blow and she grinned up at him. "Well now, beastie." she grunted. She drew back her right fist quickly, glad for her armor considering his body spikes, and drove her fist forward in a quick punch to try and drive him back before rolling to the side to create distance between them again. "You're almost there, Jinsai, come on.... I can see you're coming to now. Let's go."
Jutsu UsedShow
~Basic Formation: Phasmashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. The phasmashiin takes the shape of a scaled and skeletal weapon over one of the Akari's limbs. The phasmashiin have a strength equal to user's strength.

*[Strong Fist Style • One Inch Punch]
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
When fighting in close quarters it becomes difficult to generate energy for full powered strikes. Practitioners have learned how to explode force from every muscle with minimal energy wasted and space needed. Every strike done by the practitioner has the potential to be at full strength, so long as they have at least one inch of movement.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:42 am

Satisfaction flooded through the Daemon as his axe met resistance, a grin forming underneath the blackened chakra rising off of his body as he let out a sigh, breathing in deep as if in search of the scent of blood. Then, disappointment, as he smelled nothing but the sweat in the air. He pushed down harder on his axe, meeting the resistance of her strength as he attempted to force the blade down into her shoulder. Instead, a strong punch to his gut sent him reeling back, sliding across the shattered earth and losing footing, falling backwards but quickly thrusting his wings and tail backwards to flip himself back to his feet.

The cracks in his demonic armor were beginning to show now, weak spots where he had been struck and the strength of his defenses had been overcome. Labored breath forming steam emanated from his mouth as his grip on his axe weakened for a moment, his eyes fluttering as the fatigue of the Daemonblight set in. But he would fight to his last breath if that's what it took, his grip tightening again as he bellowed with rage, the chakra flowing around him growing in intensity as if putting an accelerant on a flame.

As he roared out, his long tail moved towards a nearby rock, maybe a foot in diameter, and wrapped around it tightly before whipping forward towards Masako. The rock was released at high velocity, moving like a projectile as it covered the Daemon's advance, his powerful wings thrusting him forward as he attempted to ram his shoulder into the woman's body and throw her backward into a wall. If successful, he'd follow with a hateful swing of his axe, horizontally, aiming to split her at the stomach and dig his axe into the wall behind her.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:11 am

Masako was really hoping she could get him to talk, some kind of acknowledgement that he was in there. But as she saw him wearing down she realized more and more that he was probably just going to black out before she ever got through to him. Snarling with annoyance she started to think that maybe she should just end this after all, and try again another day. Her head snapped up, eyes looking to him as he bellowed yet again and whipped a rock at her. Masako quickly dodged the rock but it left her in a position where she was unable to dodge the flying behemoth that was the demon.

With a grunt and a groan of pain the wind was knocked out of her, she was pretty sure she heard the cracking of stone at her back as well even as she channeled chakra into her other phasmashiin as well. She knew what was probably coming next, beasts were predictable in most ways after all. He'd caught her off guard once, but she was determined to make sure he didn't do it again. Both of her arms come up in front of her to block the axe again, grunting with the exertion of blocking the axe and crying out briefly as she planted her feet to stay in place as she applied pressure back against the axe to keep him from slicing into her. Regardless for a moment she found herself almost wishing for an Astrashiin like Ume for a moment, getting slammed into the wall had only knocked the wind out of her but it had also rattled her head pretty good, the one place her armor didn't cover. She could feel blood trickling down the right side of her head as a result.

"Come on, Jin! This thing is in you but it isn't you! You can control it!" she snarled.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Basic Formation: Phasmashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. The phasmashiin takes the shape of a scaled and skeletal weapon over one of the Akari's limbs. The phasmashiin have a strength equal to user's strength.

*[Strong Fist Style • Balance]
D-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
A neutral stance taken by even entry level practitioners. This stance involves turning your body to be perpendicular to your opponent. One foot is rested directly in front of the other with just the toes in contact with the ground. A hand is held back while the other is forward, pointing up. This stance provides ease of dodging incoming blows by using the least amount of motion possible while still being ready to launch into an attack.

*Kūgāpou • Slight Dodge
Whenever in a situation where they can't avoid being struck, the practitioner will slightly shift their body. This slight movement allows them to cause the incoming attack to miss any vital organs and cause as little damage as possible.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:48 pm

The axe pushed hard against the woman's Phasmashiin, black ichor leaking from the daemon's mouth as he grunted with effort, the grisly looking axe head bearing down on the woman's own natural weapons. She spoke to him again, and in response he simply shot his head forward towards hers and roared with fury, spittle expelling from his mouth as his savagery continued. He was Jinsai alright, but there was still little to no control in him - Truthfully, it was a miracle that he was even able to tap into his shinobi training, and likely only possible because of how deeply engrained that training was over the past 30 years.

Finally pulling his axe back with frustration, he reared back with the head and attempted to again slam it forward towards the woman's side, repeating the same slash as before as he wanted desperately to separate flesh from bone, to split through her spine and leave her in pieces on the earth. To stain the ground with her blood.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:05 pm

"Breath. Mint." Masako grunted out the words individually as the demon form of Jinsai roared in her face and even seemed to release spittle at her. Holding back his axe was getting harder and harder, and as he pulled it back she had a sinking feeling that certainly didn't get better. When he swung it forward again she brought her phasmashiin up to block it again but this time there was a sickening sound as the axe tore straight through both organs. The woman couldn't help crying out as the organs were sliced through, blood running down her forearms as a result. She forced her arms back to avoid further damage and pushed herself forward, her Lacrishiin taking the full force of the hit now as her eyes focused on Jinsai.

She dismissed both completely damaged phasmashiin immediately, breathing heavily as her green eyes kept on Jinsai, inwardly grateful that she still had her Lacrishiin to keep her whole from Jinsai's further attack but that didn't mean she wasn't hurting. "Come on, Jin..." she panted. "I know you're in there...." She blinked rapidly, blood dripping into her right eye.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Dismiss
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
A partially automatic technique once learned, but can be stopped if need-be, the user is able to cause the manifested form of their shiin to deflate at command or whenever they go unconscious. While the uses of this aren't directly obvious, it does allow them to hide the fact that they do in fact have a shiin.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:13 pm

The Daemon's eyes lit up as the blood oozed from the woman's arms, as if some deep seated desire had been sated by seeing the crimson fluid. His axe was stopped by the strong, green shiin, while he held her back against the wall with his axe, pushing it as hard as he could. However, as Masako looked into the beast's eyes she would notice as the fantastic purple of his Shogo Zumi faded back to his normal blue eyes. Strength faded from his body as his Doujutsu's duration ran out, and his axe faltered slightly as a result, but the Daemon was far from done. Sneakily, his tail would aim to wrap around the woman's ankle and grip it tightly before lashing backwards, pulling the axe away from her that he might toss her bodily across the cavern as many meters as he could.

Once she was away from him, without hesitation he'd bring his axe blade closer to his mouth, running his horrific tongue across the blade, lapping Masako's blood up like a thirsty canine and growling with satisfaction. This was the violence he craved, the destruction he sought... The Daemon reveled in pure carnage.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:23 pm

The creature tossed her bodily across the room and Masako hit the other wall with a grunt, landing sprawled out before getting to her feet quickly and watching him carefully. Seeing him lick her blood from the blade only made her sigh. She'd definitely seen worse from Akari, the only thing that was strange about it this time was that somewhere within this form was Jinsai. She knew he detested this, somewhere inside that body was a man who hated every second of what was happening. As much as she enjoyed the fight, even enjoying the fact that her own blood was finally being seen in it, the fun had now worn off. She sighed and looked at him for a moment as she took up a very particular stance.

The fun was over, the fight was over, it was time to knock the beast out in a single move so she could talk to the man.

She was immobile, her fist pointed forward towards the beast as several thoughts ran through her mind. She had wanted Jinsai to take the control back so she could show him this thing was no more than a tool. But clearly he wasn't ready for that. Something else had to happen first, instead this had turned into some kind of evaluation and she had all the information she needed.

Moments later she'd be across the room as if she had teleported, aiming to slam her fist into the beast's head with extreme force.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Strong Fist Style • Leaf's Flashing Might]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Requiring a full post of charge time the user tenses their entire body in preparation, becoming immobile. During this time they will look for their direct path and position themselves with their fist pointed forward. At the end of the post they will release all of this pent up energy with extreme force, leaping nearly instantaneously a number of meters equal to their strength. This counts as a teleportation and cannot be done more than twice per thread.

TyDie

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by TyDie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:37 pm

The Daemon stared the woman down as she took her strange stance, unaware of what was about to happen - As far as he was concerned, this was as good as an admittance of defeat. But he would accept no such surrender, he wanted to see her in shreds at his feet, and he let out a roar to signify an approaching rush. However, as he planted a single foot to push off towards her, the sudden burst of speed from Masako caught him completely flat footed... Her fist rammed directly into his forehead.

The sound of his armor shattering under the force of her fist rang out over the sound of her fist's impact, as he was sent flying backwards into the very same wall he had pinned her against moments ago. A cloud of debris burst forth from the wall as he slammed into it, obscuring him from sight as his body made a crater in the wall and the rest of his armor shattered. In place of the horrifying roars she had heard all along, she instead heard grunts and quiet growls that slowly rose in pitch from the deep, gravely sound she had been hearing. As the dust cleared, a battered and bruised man stood for only a moment, a few deep breaths expelled from his lungs as he looked at her for a moment.

Then, his eyes glazed over as he dropped to his knees, and then fell flat on his stomach, completely unconscious.
Active Characters

Willoria

Calm the Demon Heart

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:47 pm

Masako stood ready for a moment as she watched the beast, and moments later she found herself looking at Jinsai again before he passed out. The woman herself dismissed her Lacrishiin at that moment before suddenly dropping to a knee as she panted to try and catch her breath. "I'm sorry, Jin." she said quietly between breaths. "I really thought that would work..." She shook her head before pushing herself to her feet and walking over to Jinsai's unconscious form. She rolled him over carefully and checked him. Once she was satisfied he was mostly just bruised and didn't need a hospital she carefully slung the man over her shoulders in a fireman carefully and started the walk back towards his home.

It would be awhile before she was able to let him rest. She had to clean him up, bandage him, see to his bruising. Every bit of it was her fault after all and she wasn't going to leave her work half-assed. Then there was still her own wounds to see to. It was a long process. But she would care for the man as she felt was her duty. She had started the fight, she would finish it and make sure he was well cared for and resting before seeing to herself.

Regardless, the day was over.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”