Yoshiko Lonely/Trainings

Kabu

On Broken Wings

Post by Kabu » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Burn Treatment 452/200Show
*[Iijutsu • Burn Treatment]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Iijutsu • Burn Ointment Technique]
A step up in the ability to treat burns, *[Iijutsu • Burn Treatment] is used to alleviate pain caused by burn wounds. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will hover them above the burn wound. As the chakra is channeled into and around the burn, it cools the area and works to prevent harmful, scar-producing blistering in the affected area. To provide this soothing relief to medium-sized areas of first degree and second degree burns, it's fairly quick to do. For small-sized areas of third degree burns, it takes one (1) post of concentration to achieve the same effects. This technique is ineffective when applied to larger areas or burns worse than third degree.
Yoshiko had to admit… she was incredibly nervous about being left alone with a patient. In the time since she had returned to her work at the hospital she had largely been assisting or performing minor checkups. Today however her mentor had told her she needed some practical experience and thus left her alone in the burn ward with only minimal instructions and a handful of scrolls. She luckily did have some experience in healing burns but…

She honestly felt bad as she looked down at the young girl groaning in pain on the bed before her. She wasn’t sure how it had happened but the girl had a small patch of third degree burns on her back, more severe than those she already knew how to heal. Still though… she knew the basics of burn healing and surely it couldn’t be that difficult to amplify the effects for more severe wounds.

She urged the girl to sit still and performed a set of seals, remembering her mentor’s words as she gathered chakra into her hands. Remember Yoshiko, always use your head and never panic. As medics part of our job is to remain cool and collected, for the patient’s sake.

She took a deep breath and turned all her focus towards her patient and the jutsu, increasing the chakra output, her hands and the burn patch both glowing a bright golden as it began to gradually heal. Yoshiko smiled as she heard the girl sigh in relief, her technique very clearly working its magic and soothing the pain. That was a good sign but it was only the first step. That wouldn’t mean anything if the wound didn’t actually heal.

Some time passed and lowly but surely, the wound had begun to heal and fade, Yoshiko keeping up her focus even as she began growing tired from keeping up an unfamiliar technique for so long. ”I can do this. We’re almost there.” she muttered to herself, keeping her eyes on the prize all the while. This girl’s safety was her prime concern…

Soon enough the wound had largely healed to the best of her capabilities and she let the chakra fade. ”You feeling okay?” she asked the girl, quickly touching the girl’s back to see her reactions.

”Wow! It doesn’t hurt at all!” the girl hopped up off the bed and ran over to her, eyes sparkling. ”Thank you so much!” she exclaimed.

Seeing that Yoshiko couldn’t help but giggle. She really did love her job, it was at moments like this that she felt truly appreciated. ”No problem kiddo, that’s what I’m here for. This is my job after all… to make sure you and everyone else stays safe and healthy.”
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Kabu

On Broken Wings

Post by Kabu » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Mystical Palm 710/570Show
*[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
One of the almighty and most highly coveted abilities of medical-nin, the [i]*[color=#008b5e][Iijutsu • Mystical Palm][/color][/i] technique allows its users to heal wounds quickly and efficiently. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will place them over the wound in question and begin to channel chakra through it. As the chakra interacts with the cells and tissues in the area, the wound will begin to regenerate and heal over until there's no remnant of it ever being there.
Wound Type25-30 Control31-45 Control46+ Control
Minor1/2 postImmediateImmediate
Moderate1/2 postImmediateImmediate
Extensive1 post1/2 postImmediate
Critical2 posts1 post1/2 post
After a long period of hard work the time had finally come to take the next step in Yoshiko’s medical training and she was simultaneously excited and nervous and scared as could possibly be. Her teacher Shoshiko Yamiko, while having been largely hands off, had been keeping a close eye on her progress and had finally decided it time to teach her the Mystical Palm technique, one of the strongest techniques in a healer’s arsenal. And for once rather than settling with giving her instructions and leaving her to her own devices was going to be actually teaching her firsthand. Whereas other cases had largely been light on risk this time patient’s lives were actually at stake and she wasn’t about to leave her poor student alone in this situation.

With that in mind… ”Now remember Yoshiko, a medic has to keep her cool so as not to worry her patients. You’re not going to like what you see when we arrive. It’s going to be gruesome but this is the kind of situation this technique was made for.” Yamiko spoke as they headed towards their destination. ”It may bring back some bad memories though..” she muttered, looking over towards her student whom had her nose buried in a scroll with detailed instructions on the technique they were going to be working on.

”I see… so it makes use of a continuous flow of chakra to repair injured tissue and close wounds by interacting with the cells in the target’s body. Once a wound is healed it’ll be like it was never there. What an amazing technique… I can see why this is considered one of the pinnacles of medical ninjutsu.” Yoshiko mumbled under her breath, looking up at her teacher as the woman finished speaking.

”I’ve been trying not to think about it. I’m qute honestly terrified. I know I need to get used to these kinds of things to be an effective medic but I can’t help but think about my brother.” she responded as she closed the texts, frowning all the while.

Yamiko simply gave her apprentice a small smile, responding by placing a hand on her head. ”Let’s just take it one step at a time, eh? What happened will stick with you for a very long time, possibly forever, but in time you’ll be able to draw on it as a source of strength.” she spoke after a moment’s silence. ”Now then, we have work to be done, lives to save and lessons to be had.”

With that said they soon arrived at their destination and as predicted Yoshiko nearly panicked at the bloody sight of their patient lying on the bed. She was however ultimately able to keep her cool, taking a deep breath and stepping up to the bed.

As she began gathering chakra into her palms as the texts had instructed she could only consider herself lucky that her patient was currently unconscious.

”Alright Yoshiko, place your palms on the patient’s chest and let the chakra flow throughout their body. Don’t think about anything else, distractions are the enemy at a time like this.” Yamiko softly spoke, watching her student’s progress from not too far away.

”That’s a lot easier said than done but I’ll try...” Yoshiko muttered to herself, lacking confidence as she placed her glowing palms onto her patient’s chest, silently channeling the gathered chakra through the patient’s body, his wound beginning to let off a light green glow. For a moment it seemed as if nothing was going to happen but soon the wound began to close, any surrounding bruises beginning to fade.

Smiling to herself in satisfaction she increased the output of chakra, panting in exhaustion as seconds turned into minutes. After a time she took a break at her teacher’s behest but soon got back to work, wanting to see this job done to the end.

She wasn’t sure how much time had passed by the time she was done, the telltale glow of chakra fading as she released her jutsu and stumbled back into a nearby chair, feeling absolutely exhausted. ”I did it Daichi, I’m actually making progress towards my dream...” she muttered deliriously as her eyes closed, exhaustion and the urge to sleep overtaking her.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”