A meeting of hosts

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:00 pm

It was a new day and a month had past since her meeting in steam. Before she went to sleep for the night, now it was the next morning and she had just woken up. This time she was on her way to meet her fellow Iwagakure Genma host. She was excited to meet them and wondered what there life was like before now. As well as what she can learn from this new person, maybe they can even be a future friend she really hoped this would be the turning point. But first she had to get dressed.

So she quickly got up and got out of her bed then scrambled to throw on some new clothes which was most likely one of her turtle necks. Along with a jacket and jeans, she then burst out the door and quickly headed to the training grounds where she would meet the other Iwagakure Genma host. Along the way she passed many people on her way up. Passing by lots of stone buildings Eventually she finally made it to the meeting spot where they were supposed to meet later but apparently in her excitement she had gotten here early.

So since the genma host wasn’t here yet, she decided to train with Otsukoki and hopefully develop some more good jutsu. Question is what jutsu should she try to learn next it was a trick question, she assumed anything that stopped movement would be to advanced at the moment. So maybe she could do something along the lines of preventing a certain type of ninjutsu? Question is what type of ninjutsu should she block? Katon maybe? For now she would try to test out a different idea using the goats like usual to practice on until she had something better while she waited.
“jutsu trained”Show
Simple action restrain them
D rank Teijutsu
Upon speaking the instruction “Restrain them” as well as designating the target and the victims ex: goats restrain each other a barrier called a district will form around the target or targets as it forms it will be centered on the victims of the jutsu building it’s self at speed will power and will have durability will power once fully formed the order will force all inside and who ever enters will be forced to follow the order. The only way to stop it is to break the barrier surrounding the area or escape before barrier is formed.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 pm

The route between Kotori's small rented room and the nearest city training grounds was one she'd memorised months ago. One of the few she had, thanks to the near-daily commute with her friends. Today she was alone, again, and the once-familiar streets felt foreign. Jarring. How long had it been since she'd slept? Three days? Four?
She stepped slowly, shoulders hunched and hollow eyes staring ahead. Not since her flight as a refugee had she felt such weariness in her bones, and the constant anxiety? She'd almost forgotten what that had been like. Now, it consumed her. Ate away at her mind with every passing hour. But she dared not give in; it was even worse when she slept, when she dreamed about the thing inside her. One of her hands clutched mindlessly at the tunic over her chest, right over the puckered flesh of the sealing formula, until she realised and forced it back to her side. Then to her head.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" The other woman before—Kiyoshi?—had warned her about the Beast. 'Do not fear Nolosha,' she'd said, while the Thing had torn men apart around them, painting the chamber with blood. 'Stay strong,' she'd said, as it broke her mind and body in Kotori's arms. Well, easier fucking said than done. How soon before it was herself lying bound in that vast, too-small chamber? She shuddered.

Abruptly she realised she was standing at the edge of the training field and had been staring blankly. When had she arrived? She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts, and wiped a hand across her face. As she refocused she spotted the other girl standing not too far away. What was her name again? Gods, she was tired.

"Hey, how ya—" she broke off as a sudden yawn seized control of her face. It lasted a good few seconds. "...—doin'?" She gave an apologetic shrug and held out a hand to the other girl. "I'm Kotori. You're, uh... the other?" She cocked her head, seeing Hiroko properly for the first time. It didn't seem right. She was so... normal?
"I take it you've been doing this for awhile?" She ventured, then followed with a much quieter, almost imperceptible, "...How?.."
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:23 pm

Hiroko would be currently practicing her genma power on a pair of slaves inside what looks like a translucent barrier. The slaves would be performing a silly dance while singing a silly song about a drunk mole and a eager worm. As she was enjoying watching the performance, she would be smiling until she heard the other host as they waved to her she would then drop the barrier causing the slaves to collapse in place totally exhausted.

Otsukoki soon told her that the person who was talking to her was the replacement for the past two hosts that she knew. As well as reminding her to make sure she doesn’t embarrass herself in front of them. To which Hiroko would just nod and address the host. She would then say in a flowery manner of speech “greetings im Enkouton Hiroko it’s a honor to meet you. To answer your question yes I’m a host I’ve been a host for a few months I knew both your predecessors.”

Otsukoki would then reach out and telepathically message nolosha saying “nice to see you again Nolosha your looking much better since we last met”

Hiroko would then wait for Kotori to speak wondering what she is like
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:59 am

It said something about Kotori's introspective—and exhausted—mental state that she hadn't even noticed the dancing and singing slaves, nor Hiroko's concentration, when she'd approached and introduced herself. The other girl ignored her offered handshake, so Kotori let her arm drop with a shrug. Whatever. She was too tired to take it personally. The girl's name, however, caused her to pause.

An Enkouten, huh? Kotori may be a relative newcomer to the village, but she knew the clan name well enough for recognition. They were important folk here. Poweful, respected. Did that make Hiroko a Lady, like Setsuna? Should she bow? She hesitated with these thoughts skipping across her half-focused mind, but already it felt too late to amend her greeting. So she offered a smile instead of a bow, and tried to make it friendly.

"A few months..." She mused quietly, then asked, "...Does it get any easier? Having one of these things inside you, I mean?" But then she shook her head, waving the question away. "Heh, sorry. I guess we'll get to things like that later. It's just tough, you know? I hardly know what to think lately. But you knew the... my... predecessors? Kiyoshi?" She said the name almost reverently; to Kotori, the former jinchuuriki was as spiritual an entity as the Genma itself. She'd only "met" the previous host mentally, in the weird half-vision that occurred when the genma was passed between them.

"Can you tell me about her? What was she like? And who was the other predecessor? I, uh... I haven't heard of any others." She hopped up to sit on a nearby wall, legs dangling, and tried to look casual. But her tone, suddenly more energetic, was hungry for anything that Hiroko—her senpai, she supposed?—could tell her. This would be an intriguing meeting for sure.
CharactersShow
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:10 pm

Hiroko would listen to her and was Contemplating a answer to her first question but she soon saw her shake her head and would reply “yea I kind of get it though each spirit has there own personality so I guess it depends on what yours is like? Also I just realized I mispoke since the one person I was thinking of was just a candidate for sealing but never actually finished. As for your predecessor I didn’t know her as well as I’d hoped but I do remember some things about her, I met her during the festival in the land of steam where all the Jinchuriki met up. She was very interesting as was her relationship with the Genma though in a way it looked a bit frightening and unhealthy it was almost as if she was becoming part of the spirit herself.”

Hiroko would continue to talk to her about Kiyoshi telling her what she remembered from the meeting such as her mannerisms, her behavior, as well as her appearance. She had a pretty good memory for these things plus having to constantly remember Otsukoki’s ‘instructions and lessons’ helped increase her ability to focus on these things. Hopefully what she did remember would be helpful to her fellow Jinch and would get her someone who actually likes her
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:51 pm

Kotori's legs stopped swinging and she cocked her head, strangely taken aback by Hiroko's response. Each spirit has it's own personality. Sure, maybe, but not like a person. Right?

"...Everyone always speaks like the Genma are just... beasts... y'know? The people around the village, and the ninja at the sealing, too." She hesitated, then looked up and into Hiroko's eyes, uncertain. "..But, I think Kiyoshi said something about it, now that you ask. She said Nolosha was kind, and protective... but also, well, powerful. I got the impression it was the sort of power that us humans couldn't quite understand, even if we tried."

The description of Kiyoshi sounded familiar. Frightening and spiritual, for sure. There had certainly been a strange bond between the woman and the phantom beast. But Hiroko's other recollections about the former host grounded the image of her into someone who sounded much more human, too. A faint smile flickered across Kotori's face for a moment as she pictured Kiyoshi in all her monkish regalia, all bald head, robes, and bangles, compared to herself. What a contrast that was. But it's not a joke, she realised, and the smile faded.

"I can feel Her," She dropped her gaze and spoke quietly. No need to mention which 'Her' she meant. One hand clutched again at her tunic over the sealing formula on her chest. "Even more now than earlier, as if She's reacting to me talking to you." Perhaps she recognises her kin, sealed away in Hiroko. "She's... straining... to talk. But it takes all my energy just to mute out the voice."

She looked back up at met Hiroko's eyes, her face haunted. "Should I... listen? Is it safe?" She realised she wanted to, but every fibre of her being screamed at her to deny the beast, to keep it powerless and isolated at all costs.

Otsukoki would feel Nolosha's presence stir, reacting to his message, but it was a sluggish, hazy response. More emotion than words, it gave the impression of a mother nursing a child, holding their arms up and trying to lead them on their first wavering steps. The Ukiyogenma was frustrated, inhibited by Kotori's surprising strength, but she was also eager. Hopeful for what was to come.
CharactersShow

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:03 pm

Hiroko would listen in to what her fellow iwa jinch was saying and would reply “they definitely aren’t beasts after all a beast is ruled by instinct and can’t and communicate or have intelligent thoughts but they aren’t human either. “

She pauses to wait for a response as well as to listen what else Kotori had to say then looks on nervously and after thinking for a bit on how to respond. Inside she was panicking she didn’t want to say anything that would embarrass or upset Otsukoki but she also had to be careful in case she gave bad advice that could isolate her further from the village, it seemed like a very precarious situation to her. But she couldn’t just say something so she made a gesture to clear her throat and says “I can’t answer that question for you, I don’t know enough about you or your sealed spirit to know how your relationship will turn out. Though one things for sure your right that the spirits hold power we can’t even comprehend so if you suppress the spirit constantly you won’t be able to use there power. When you may possibly at some point need it.”

She then waits for her to think about what she had said. Hoping she worded that properly, she sits down on a nearby big rock. So that it’s easier to hide her legs from shaking. As she secretly perseverate’s on the words she just said and the possible ramifications they may have.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Kotori shivered, and not from the cool morning air around them. Definitely not a beast. It came to her that she'd already known that, really, but had hoped for other news. Hoped that the suffocating presence inside her was simpler and more understandable than she truly believed it would be. She brought her knees up infront of her where she sat on the wall and hugged them, remaining silent for a good minute or so. She could still feel the bea... the Genma inside her, pulsing, calling to her.

Eventually, with the silence stretching out before them, she shook herself and looked back up at Hiroko. The concern on her senpai's face made her suddenly embarrassed, and she squirmed. Gods, she'd made a right fool of herself, hadn't she? Moping and asking for help. She'd probably be crying next, if she didn't get her act together. If there was one impression she didn't want Hiroko to get, it was that she was a helpless little girl well out of her depth.

She suddenly leapt down from the wall and wiped the worry from her face. "All right! I'll figure it out." She flashed the older girl a smile, as confident as she could manage. Like she'd just won first prize at a village carnival. "Anyway, I bet you called me out here to meet up for something way more important, right? What did you have in mind?" She turned and looked for the first time at their surroundings, and the crowd of exhausted slaves nearby. She raised an eyebrow at Hiroko. "Or am I too late?"
CharactersShow

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 pm

Hiroko would think for a bit as she corrected herself and tried to keep up the persona that Otsukoki wanted her to. After she was sure she could speak properly she would say “you aren’t to late I was told to call you here by the higher ups to see if you were interested in the hen house. As well as to see how you were doing, as well as if you were interested in the organization and meeting Heiya sensei.

She wondered what heiya sensei would think about Kotori’s reluctance to bond with her spirit. As well as how Heiya would deal with it or if she even needed to deal with it.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:25 pm

Now that she was up, Kotori was eager to keep moving lest her worries rear up and reveal themselves once more. Stay strong. She danced from one foot to the next, converting her doubts into agitation instead. She began to wonder if they were here to train, and how strong Hiroko could be—she seemed fairly well composed, given her hidden powers—but the thoughts and motion slowed as her senpai replied.

"Oh," she cocked her head, confused. "The... Hen House? What's that? It sounds like an asylum." She gave a hesitant grin, but the laughter wouldn't quite come, Surely not. "Who's this Heiya Sensei?" That, however, sounded promising. If this Heiya was the key to Hiroko's success with her Genma, Kotori wanted to meet her. "Well, le—" she was interrupted by a loud growling from her stomach, and she quickly stepped back from the older girl, cheeks colouring. Never mind sleeping, she hadn't eaten in what felt like days, either.

"Eheh... Sorry. Why don't we grab a bite to eat and get to know each other a bit on the way to this.. Hen House.. thing?" She gave a much warmer smile this time, eager both at the idea of food and at getting to know her senpai a little more. "I suppose we'll be spending some time together from now on, anyway. May as well be friends, right? Tell me about yourself! Where ya from, what're some things you like?"
CharactersShow

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Hiroko would look on confused a bit she hadn’t thought of that or how it sounded. But then replies soon after Kotori made that comment to make sure she was aware that it wasn’t something as worrisome as a asylum. In her usual flowery speech. “ no it isn’t a asylum, as far as I can tell it’s some organization that watches over and trains Iwagakure’s jinchuriki.” She then hears her ask about Heiya sensei and replies “Heiya sensei is the jounin who is in charge of the hen house.” She then waits for her to digest what she just said when she hears her about to say something but instead hears her stomach growl. Hiroko would consider going to get something to eat with her but didn’t want to assume such a thing after all there could’ve been multiple reasons Kotori was so hungry.

Hiroko would then would listen to what Kotori said then Hiroko would turn towards the slaves and says in a voice that sounds like hers and Otsukoki’s mixed “restrain each other.” A barrier then starts to form over the slaves. Immediately after they would start to take some rope and ties each other up the Barrier would then drop and Once that was taken care of she would reply “that sounds good to me on the way there I can have someone drop these slaves I was using back where they belong. So where do you want to eat?”

She would then wait for her response and listen when she said it after that topic was done she would hear her mention spending time together and being friends causing her to stir emotionally inside while Otsukoki passive aggressively reminded her to “remain calm and remained dignified if you want the plan to continue to work” Hiroko would make sure she was collected well enough before saying “I would be happy to have you as a friend. As for where I’m from I was born in iwagakure and my favorite activity is painting.”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:46 pm

"Oh! Right! I guess it's all secret and stuff then, no wonder I'd never heard of it," and probably why it has such a weird name. Does that make us hens? Kotori perked up immediately at the explanation, though one eyebrow remained quirked. "That sounds great, though. Really. I'd like to meet them. Her. Whatever. Thanks!" She turned to walk away and waited for Hiroko to join her, but when the older Jinchuuriki did so Kotori didn't fall into step. Instead, she remained staring at the slaves.

"...Whoah. What... What did you do?" Hiroko just said something to them—nothing more, just a few simple words!—and they leapt to the task. But... not like they usually would. Obviously when you tell a slave to do something, they do it. But this was different somehow, like they had to do it. Were compelled to do it. Something about that, and the casual way Hiroko commanded it, was somehow deeply unsettling. Kotori's attempt to get to know her senpai was entirely forgotten after the absent display of power.

"Was that.. your power?" She gave Hiroko a meaningful look, obviously referring to the girl's Genma. "Or just a genjutsu maybe? I know a few of those, but... nothing like that! Hey, what else can you do?" She turned to face Hiroko as they walked, eyes lighting up in excitement. This was going to be such a cool day!
CharactersShow

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:21 pm

Hiroko thought back on that comment was it really secret? It’s true she never heard of it also before being summoned but maybe they both didn’t look hard enough either way it was always something they could find out later. After Hiroko activated Otsukoki’s ability she saw her new friend leap up in surprise and would wait a bit to see if she had any other questions and sure enough she did so she would respond “yes that is the power given to me by my genma my power makes a barrier that once inside you have to do anything I want you to but it can’t force you to kill your self or put you in a situation where I can immediately kill you such as forcing you to hold your breath until you pass out. At best I could maybe make you stab yourself once in a non vital area and that’s it.

She would then think for a bit about what else she could do then would say “ yours is the life genma if I remember correctly so I assume if you got to know your genma better or figure out how to tap into its power then you could do something just as amazing” she would keep walking until they found a nearby ninja and politely asked them to go retrieve the slaves that are restrained. As she then continued to walk around looking for a place to get some good food.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:55 pm

Kotori remained uncharacteristically quiet through Hiroko's explanation, for once not cutting in with even more questions, and mulled over the information as they walked. Eventually she glanced across at the older girl with a hint of awe.

"That's.. pretty cool. That power could let you do anything you want, huh. But it's a bit scary, too. Even a stab in a 'non-vital area' is all you need to totally take someone down—even someone way bigger and stronger. Maybe especially then!" She grew more excited for Hiroko as she spoke, though the power still unsettled her. Privately, she hoped she'd never be subjected to it herself.

"Yeah, mine's the Life Genma. Nolosha. I bet you're right, She must be strong too. She feels strong." One of Kotori's hands unconsciously began clutching the tunic on her chest over where the Genma's had been sealed. Was Hiroko right? Did she need to start working with the—

"Liste... I...the powe......ternity...greater...." A tiny voice whispered across her mind, broken and unbidden. Chills ran through her body, hairs rising on her arms and neck, and she squeezed her eyes shut until it passed. Not now! Shut! Up! A wave of calm—and was that... compassion?—washed over her, and for a brief moment she felt energized, more alive than ever, before it was all gone again. It was swiftly replaced by the sensation of rising bile. The voice was growing stronger, though, and she couldn't keep denying it. Not if she ever wanted to sleep again. Sooner or later she'd have to confront it and listen to the beast, like Hiroko suggested. But not now, not here. She had to be ready.

She set her jaw stubbornly and raised her chin, then feigned excitement at seeing a food cart in the street ahead to try and mask her worries over the internal feud with the Genma. Hopefully Hiroko hadn't noticed.

"Here we go!" She bounded forwards and pushed in front of two people perusing the menu over the cart, deaf to their complaints. Then she hesitated, mentally summing up the lacklustre contents of her purse.
"Uh... I'll just have some rice. But with lots and lots of sauce!"
CharactersShow

Kaitos10

A meeting of hosts

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:20 pm

Hiroko would chuckle and say “yea I guess it would be but I’m pretty sure all genma can do scary stuff it just depends on how you use there powers. “ as they kept walking she would eventually be clued into the argument she was having with her genma by a combination of Otsukoki pointing it out the inner turmoil so she would look on sympathetically.

After a bit of mulling it over she should begin by saying “I’ve been alone most of my life so I could be wrong but if you want to talk to me about any issues your having with your genma I would be happy to talk to you about it. I know every jinchuriki relationship is different so I can’t say what is the best method to deal with your genma but trying to get along with them could possibly make things easier on you maybe you could come to a understanding but I’m sure Heiya sensei would be able to advise you better.”

She would then go over to the cart and take out her coin purse she wasn’t exactly flush with money but she wasn’t in poverty either at the moment. So she ordered some form of chicken covered in sauce it was a brown sauce and if tasted it had a different taste and texture then normal chicken though that was most likely because of spices and the way it was cooked.

After they got there food she would say “if it’s ok with you then let’s head to the hen house now ok?” If Kotori then said yes then Hiroko would then start heading towards the hen house while casually eating her food.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

A meeting of hosts

Post by Valkier » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:15 am

Kotori eagerly began digging in to her simple meal while Hiroko talked. Obviously the older girl had picked up on her moment of panic, but instead of judging, it seemed her senpai was sympathetic instead. Perhaps she'd gone through the same stuff already? Kotori swallowed a large mouthful, wiped her mouth on her sleeve, then gave a sheepish nod and a small smile to the older girl.

"..Thanks. I might need to, y'know, sometimes. I appreciate it. And the same to you, yeah? I'm not from around here and I'm new to all this," she indicated to the village around them, and then also to her own chest, implying the Genma, "but it looks like we're in it together, huh. You help me, and I'll help you, deal?" Then she went back to her meal and nodded eagerly when Hiroko suggested they move on to the Hen House.

Kotori bounced between quiet self-reflection and moments of incessant chatter as they walked, quickly finishing her meal. She'd try to make small talk to get to know Hiroko for a bit, asking seemingly endless questions and jumping on every topic, before succumbing to her tiredness and anxiety and falling quiet again. Before long, however, they arrived at a nondescript building further into the heart of the village. At Hiroko's direction, Kotori took the lead and entered first...
CharactersShow

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”