A Natural Remedy

Kabu/Chiaki

Kabu

A Natural Remedy

Post by Kabu » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:47 pm

Yoshiko was worried, there had been a pretty severe illness spreading across Rock Country and not even Iwa itself had been completely safe. For days now there had been people coming and going from the hospital, some needing to stay for an extended period. Such was the case with Yoshiko's current patient, a little girl who was bedridden and in a lot of pain. While painful to see it served as a reminder of why she had become a medic in the first place and she was determined to do all she could to help.

With her patient asleep for the time being she was currently sitting near the window, staring out at the village below. "There has to be something more I can do." she muttered to herself. It was at that moment that she felt something land on her shoulder, the woman tilting her head to the side to find a single butterfly sitting amongst the group of of her own bees that had settled there.

"Now where did you come from?" she wondered aloud as she reached up to stroke one of the creature's beautiful transparent wings. Perhaps it had gotten separated from its swarm or maybe it had found its way to her for a reason... "Perhaps you can help me, though I suppose there's not much that one singular entity can do, I know that very well." she spoke to the butterfly, somehow feeling as if it could understand her and vice versa. Perhaps it was a result of years of working with insects or perhaps she just had an innate sense for these things.

To her and those who knew her this exchange was perfectly normal though if anyone who didn't know any better better were to walk in they may find a strange sight. Though really... what were the chances of that happening at a time like this?
Last edited by Kabu on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

A Natural Remedy

Post by Kanade » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:32 pm

Chiaki Kyoukan, who had ventured into the labyrinth to put down a spirit that had turned blood-thirsty for the village of Iwagakure, and now walked around in the guise of Shinjitsu, Sagashi, neared the patients room and comported herself. The remedies that had normally worked on such patients were not working. The illness wasn't responding to medical treatments and chakra almost seemed to aggravate it. She was running out of options, and didn't know whether or not Jikukan Jutsu would help or harm the situation, as she had never seen the like of the illness that had been sweeping through Iwagakure no Sato. She knew, however, that if she was able to find a cure that it could prove to be another link in the chain she was so desperately trying to forge between her and the citizens of Iwa.

Opening the door, she found a young woman, around eighteen to twenty years of age that was sitting in the corner, talking to what appeared to be some sort of a glass wing butterfly. Perhaps the woman was versed in the use of swarms as she was, as she had learned from her lover, Kirari. She sighed, looked at the girl and did her best to look like she knew what was going on as she took the couple of strides to cover the distance of the small room where the patient was, bent low and murmured so as not to wake the patient, "Terribly sorry, I just got onto my shift, is this your patient?" She looked from the girl with short black hair and brown eyes to the patient on the bed, a seemingly stable but with health slipping little girl.

She wasn't known in the bingo book yet, so she might as well have been a faceless person in Iwagakure. She had tried to make a name for herself as Chiaki, but no one knew Sagashi yet, and so the purple haired woman continued to look between the three in the room, the glass-wing, the girl, and the woman talking to the glass-wing.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Kabu

A Natural Remedy

Post by Kabu » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:42 am

Even as she talked with her new insect friend Yoshiko found her gaze drifting over towards her patient. The little girl was sound asleep and stable for now but who knew when her symptoms would flare up again. Something needed to be done but right now all she could do was lessen the pain and that was beyond frustrating... She hadn't felt quite this useless since her brother had been killed in an attempt to protect her.

Before she could get lost in her thoughts or admonish herself too much the door opened, a purple haired woman stepping inside. For a moment Yoshiko remained silent, simply acknowledging her with a small smile. After that moment she took a deep breath and let out a quiet sigh. "Yeah, she's mine. I was able to relieve some of the pain and get her to sleep for now but I don't know when or if she'll take a turn for the worse." she sadly responded, a complex mix of emotions on her face as she looked back over towards the bed. "My mentor seemed sure I could handle this though and I want to live up to that." she added.

Almost instinctively she raised her arm, watching as the butterfly flew over to rest on the back of her hand. Somehow just the sight of it helped to calm her frayed nerves. "I'm Kamizuru Yoshiko, Jounin. Despite my rank I'm still very much in training as a medic." She introduced herself, a real smile on her face as a number of her bees crawled over to join the butterfly on her hand. "The bees are my Hachimatsu Swarm, they've been with me since I was a child. The butterfly is a new friend, I don't know where it came from but it's taken a liking to me."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

A Natural Remedy

Post by Kanade » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:42 pm

“She looks weak.” Chiaki was frowning, but it was for the frustration that she, too, felt. “It looks like that illness that is making its way through Iwagakure, the one that has no cure of yet.” She looked to the girl, her gaze softening from a bitter futility to a kind greeting. “I am Sagashi Shinjitsu, Jounin.” She nodded in greeting to the other jounin, “New to this assignment from the Jousai, it is a pleasure to meet you.” She slipped into Sagashi’s mindset, a calculating persona, timid, and reserved, but brooding. It was a persona that she had taken only when she was meditating, and it was good practice for her walking meditative mindset.

“I have heard of the Hachimatsu Swarm, but have never partaken in a mission with anyone who communed with them as well as you.” She beckoned her own butterflies into the room, “These are my little pearl darlings, I only made friends with them in recent years.” She motioned to one, who glowed a bright blue light and spread pheromones throughout the room, calming ones, to aid in the rest of the patient, and the conversation going forward, “They’re helpers for keeping my patients calm. Not much use in a fight though, so I rarely use them for such things.”
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”