The Longest Night

Kabu/Aes Sedai

Kabu

The Longest Night

Post by Kabu » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:27 am

It had been a busy day at the hospital, Yoshiko having been running around between rooms and patients all day. Whether through just facing strong opponents or being simply reckless there had been of late a spike in the number of wounded coming into the care of herself and her fellow medics. Earlier that day a young Genin had even come in with a broken arm, a training session having gotten out of hand. By now she was no stranger to these kinds of occurrences but it never got any easier to deal with.

The sun had set and night was creeping in as Yoshiko finally got a chance to rest, currently manning the front desk while the clerk was on break. With this she was technically still working but it was nonetheless a good opportunity to sit still and recover all the energy she had spent from her running around. Both of her swarms were resting as well, most of them having crawled into hiding while a small number rested on her shoulders with bees on the right and butterflies on the left.

And so she waited, checking in the occasional patient and making conversation with any staff that passed by. It was a relatively peaceful, if uneventful, way to spend time until the actual clerk returned to their post. She could only hope that the worst had passed and that the rest of the night would pass just as peacefully, though in a village like this there was really no telling what could happen.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

The Longest Night

Post by Willoria » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:46 am

Reina was far from being what she herself considered to be a talented medical shinobi. She wasn't someone anyone would seek out first for help with medical help, unless of course she just happened to be nearby when things went horribly wrong. And so when she was still at the training grounds after the sun had set and a pair of shinobi, a Chunin and Special Jounin to be specific, had something go horribly wrong they went to the nearest medical shinobi for help.

Somehow this turned into Reina rushing into the hospital with the Chunin draped over her shoulder and blood running down her clothes. She'd gotten him bandaged up at the training ground so the blood wasn't fresh but it still made for a gruesome sight when she rushed through the doors and handed the boy off to the emergency staff. The special jounin followed the staff and rushed off, leaving Reina at the check-in desk to sigh heavily, as if annoyed more than anything.

With a roll of her eyes, Reina finally approached the desk. "...well that was a helluva way to end my training today."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

The Longest Night

Post by Kabu » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:48 pm

"Well, at least things are never boring around here.' Yoshiko muttered to herself as the doors opened and a familiar face walked in, acting as support for a wounded boy. She could only surmise that yet another training accident had taken place as she watched Reina hand over the boy to the staff for proper care. Said staff gave each other a knowing look and shared a nod before walking off with their new charge in tow. As Yoshiko watched them go she knew he would be fixed up in no time at all.

With that done she turned her attention towards Reina, a small smile crossing her face as the woman grumbled at her, clearly annoyed by this entire situation. "Well, maybe it was a sign to break for the night." she responded, reaching under the desk and pulling out a chilled water bottle. "It's a good thing you were there though, as much as I wish you would just learn to slow down and relax." she continued, placing the bottle on the desk and sliding it over towards Reina. She wouldn't call them close friends really, only acquaintances, but still she couldn't help but worry about the woman's obsession towards her work. Not that she could talk really. Nobody was telling her that she had to stay, she had every opportunity to go home and yet here she was... having had to learn how to do the clerk's job on the fly as she had volunteered for a position she had no training in.

As she had that thought she couldn't help but give a wry smile. "...Maybe I also need to learn how to relax."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

The Longest Night

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:05 pm

Reina crossed her arms and leaned against the counter as she watched the boy be taken away, though her look was hardly what anyone would describe as 'interested'. Really she appeared to only be watching because it was the only real movement in the room, at least until Yoshiko spoke up. She snorted without mirth as the other woman hinted that maybe it was a sign to take a break and shrugged, pushing off the counter. She took the offered water bottle with only a nod in place of proper thanks and opened it, drinking almost a third of it without taking a breath. Though she did give Yoshiko a smirk at her further comments. "Slow down? Now that would hardly be me, would it?" Her voice was almost a monotone but to those who knew Reina it was the closest to teasing someone she ever got. She didn't know Yoshiko well but she'd seen the amount of hours she put in and knew there was an irony in her telling Reina to relax.

And naturally she noticed even Yoshiko knew it as she spoke. Reina shrugged and took another swig from the water bottle before looking down at the state of her clothes and grimacing. She didn't mind the amount of work she often put in, but the amount of blood bothered her. She preferred keeping clean. "Well, I'm hardly a good site for a proper sit but... I do need to grab a bite after that training." she surmised, looking at Yoshiko almost warily. "You've probably been at that desk all day haven't you? Want to hit one of the food stands with me?" She wasn't a social creature by nature, but could recognize a fellow overworked soul rather easily.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

The Longest Night

Post by Kabu » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:57 pm

Yoshiko blinked in surprise at Reina's offer, briefly tilting her head as the thought it over. "I..." For a moment she hesitated, looking over the woman's appearance as she did, a wry smile coming to her face. In the past she may have fainted or gone into shock at that amount of blood but she had grown more than used to such sights. She still didn't really like to see it, certain memories tending to surface when she did, but she had grown to be more capable of shaking it off.

"Sure, why not?" she relented after a moment, stretching as she spoke. "You don't know the half of it. For most of the day I was on my feet taking care of patients and then I was asked to take over desk duties. I do love my job but I would be lying if I were to say it wasn't taxing." she continued on as she stood from her seat, sharing a brief glance with a fellow staff member as she did.

"So what have you been up to since we last saw each other?" she asked as she walked alongside Reina out of the building, a thought occurring to her in that moment. "This may be our first time hanging out together in public like this, admittedly not something I've done a whole lot with anyone... especially of late."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”