Fire Warning

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Fire Warning

Post by Kanade » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:08 pm

Kanade drafted the third missive and stared at it. It would have to be worded so that it elicited the right reaction from Shinjiro, and wasn't immediately tossed in the bin. She rocked the cradle with her foot, her green eyed child staring up at her as she read the letter aloud in a soothing voice to little Akiyo, or that was what she was calling the babe. She thought that perhaps she and Shinjiro could decide on her name together.

"Shinjiro,

I hope this missive finds you well. It has been almost a year since our tryst and I am doing marvelously well, having recovered over the last couple of months. I have missed your face and know that you are doing well in Kirigakure no Sato. I have heard word of movement within Earth Country borders of advance scouts and rumors of a coming war. I have been stationed here to defend my village, and more importantly my family. Should this missive find you in time enough for you to gather yourself to reply, I would ask but one question. Would you lend your aid, and forever have me in your debt? I would find no greater solace than fighting side-by-side with you in the coming weeks.

Yours, faithfully,

Kanade."

Kanade giggled as Akiyo's face stretched in a warm smile toward her mother. She picked up her daughter, and held her, face over her shoulder and bounced her, paying mind to the small horns that had sprouted at the small girl's hairline. She sighed and turned around to look out the window. "I think that's enough, Akiyo. There's no more time to write another draft." She smiled at her daughter, balancing her on her stomach and wiggling her nose on her daughter's nose. Akiyo squealed and laughed as Kanade watched her plunge her small hands into her mother's hair. She had been worried about the baby, and therefore hadn't thought of going into what she deemed 'demon form' while she was pregnant for fear of hurting the child, but as the green eyes stared at her small hands, enveloped in the magmatic hair, she remembered that the shinobi delivering her had been terrified of the small child with magmatic hair and startling green eyes. The color of burning copper.

Kanade smoothed back the child's hair and sighed contentedly before sitting her down with a pillow behind her and wiggling the note in front of her face. She picked up the butterfly, sighed, and channeled chakra into it, far far away Shinjiro would get the message, that she wanted him, and would find, atop his own butterfly, the self-same missive, sent through her Jikukan jutsu, waiting for a reply back.

He only need channel chakra back through the butterfly to let her know that he wanted her to open the portal, or leave it untouched to signal he was not, in fact, going to be coming.

Kanade sighed as the deed was done, feeling a weight come off her shoulders and looked to the writing desk, it was cluttered with the failed attempts at missives. Her eyes were tired and old, even though she was young and healthy. Akiyo cooed and then squeaked once again, getting Kanade's attention, who instantly brightened at the infant, "Who wants a raspberry?" her eyes were a pale orange with delight as she stepped up, bringing her lips to her daughter's belly and blew a raspberry. There, safe in Iwagakure, her daughter would grow up. Kanade would make sure of it.
Last edited by Kanade on Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Izanagi

Fire Warning

Post by Izanagi » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:44 pm

The assassin’s charcoal black hands clenched the letter tightly. It smelled of her. A slow exhale escaped his lips. “Another war” his cold, dead tone carried across a lavish room. The man leaned back against a decorated chair, portraying a Kraken dragging a ship to its ruin. Would answering her call be his ruin? Kirigakure demanded his constant attention, for many months the Karagata family had been fending off assassins sent by the Kawazaiwa and even the Toukai clan. And yet they had remained elusive, leaving no leads to directly implicate their leadership. But he knew, and he would retaliate. The Karagata needed Shinjiro in Kirigakure, he was the greatest symbol of their strength and influence within the village. And without him their enemies would be emboldened to act with their full force. It was one thing to slip out into the night and return by sunrise, but to fight in a war would flaunt his absence and bring question to his loyalties.

And yet, Kanade had become his family. The child she bore was of his blood, of Karagata blood and he was bound to protect it. His other daughters, Nozomi and Kiyome were under constant supervision, kept under the same roof in the Karagata mansion and under the protection of his father and siblings, each powerful Jounin. Not to mention the half dozen servants of Jounin level taijutsu proficiency. But it wasn’t just enemy families that Shinjiro needed to keep in line, it was his own men within the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. Nearly all of them were ambitious killers who would readily attempt to overthrow him if he showed any sign of weakness.

Grasping a crystal glass filled with expensive rum, Shinjiro drank deeply. It was nearly impossible for him to feel anything more than a fleeting buzz of intoxication, but still he enjoyed the taste, and it helped him focus his mind. “Okay Kanade. For you I’ll risk it” he spoke lowly, pensive as he contemplated the consequences of his actions. Outwardly he projected only strength and confidence to others, but his killer instinct, the fear that kept an assassin sharp had never dulled. He had other lovers, and if he began favoring Kanade he might risk them turning against him. Chisaki of the Toukai clan was particularly jealous, though his cousin, Karagata Asami was far more powerful. But women were not to be underestimated and either were capable of killing him if the timing was right. It was no easy task keeping the three mothers of his children satisfied. At least he had only bore daughters thus far and didn’t have to worry about an ambitious son wishing to overthrow his position within their noble family. Sighing, the man opened one of many secret compartments within a nearby desk and stored the letter away. He wouldn’t write back, but preparations would be made and orders would be sent to his men. He could use his absence as an opportunity and give them something to focus on. The Kawazaiwa be emboldened when they heard of his departure, and as they relaxed he would strike. His men needed blood and he would give it to them.

As the war neared, Shinjiro would set off with a surprisingly powerful array of Kirigakure shinobi. He hadn’t expected his 2nd sword and his newest Dagger to jump at the opportunity to strike Suna. Nor had he thought his conflict averse cousin Kinsue would be eager to defend a foreign nation known for the same heavy handed tactics Kinsue had warned Shinjiro against. And most fortunate was that Aisu Naohiro had joined him, the man who was considered the front runner for Mizukage, favored by the politicians at least whereas Shinjiro rivaled him much closer on a basis of popularity among the masses. But without an existing Kage to challenge Shinjiro refused to name himself leader of Kirigakure. If and when he donned that title he would earn it through combat and prove himself the strongest. Until then, he could focus on the strength of the Karagata and continue to build up his legendary swordsmen until they were the greatest force Water country had ever seen.

After arriving in Iwagakure and going through the customary processes, Shinjiro made his way to Kanade’s home. The man sneered at the locals of such an unfavorable part of town. He had insisted on buying her a home worthy of raising a Karagata in, but Kanade was perhaps the most stubborn woman he had ever met and refused his money at every offer. Without knocking the man slipped inside the building. In fact he didn’t even test the door and instead transformed into a fly and went in through a window before glowing in a aura of green once more and rematerializing inside. “I’m back” he said simply as he began moving toward her. The woman’s scent and even the sounds of her heartbeat were familiar to him, but he was slightly surprised to notice that of another. A baby. In fact it had only been about 6 months since he had impregnated her, the last favor she had asked of him “How is this possible?” he questioned coldly, his deadly green-eyed gaze searching for answers. He had seen Kanade only a few weeks prior in Aroma country, she had been showing notably but he hadn’t thought much of it and figured there would be months yet before the child arrived.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”