The price of knowledge, Kanade prepares for war

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

The price of knowledge, Kanade prepares for war

Post by Kanade » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:31 pm

Kanade strode into the prison and barked, “So where is the test subject?” She had to know how effective her techniques would be in battle. Lacking a sensei who was immortal like Maido had been, or someone she could go all out with like Shinjiro meant that she had to settle for people that would let her test out techniques on them in exchange for something. Sometimes it was money, sometimes it was years off their sentence like this one asked for.
Kanade strode out into the prison yard and breathed in and then back out, letting the adrenaline settle in her bones like iron before fixing the prisoner with a look, “You’re Akimichi Bakari?” She addressed the only one in the yard at that point in time.
He nodded, “Yeah, You’re the one who is going to be testing jutsu on me eh?” The man was a full head and shoulders above her height. His crimes were numerous assaults, threats of violence, burglary, and arson. His dark eyes were set deep into his face and seemed to glow with delight, “It’s a treat to be let out to play with a young woman. Usually I have to wait for a conjugal visit for that.”
“Oh, sweetheart.” Kanade said, a mock-pity creeping into every corner of her words, lacing them with disingenuous sincerity, “It’s so cute that you think you’ll be playing with me.”
That was enough to set the man off, who ran at her and roared.
Kanade snapped off a quick set of hand seals as the battle started and gathered chakra into her palm. The man slowed as his eyes widened and he started his own seals. A concave half-sphere of magma ejected from Kanade’s hand as he sent out a bullet of water, the two collided and the half-sphere fell with a clank and a splintering, having turned to obsidian.
“I was warned by Cherisa that this would happen.” Kanade sighed and clicked her tongue. “Right. Next is-” She held up a hand and her butterflies, ever present pushed the man back 50 meters roughly, sending him skidding back across the ground.
“That’s cheating.” Akimichi rubbed the back of his neck before he was pressed, hard, into the ground by the butterflies.
“You’re not here to speak unless spoken to.” Kanade snapped. Normally she would have welcomed the candor between another human and herself, but this man was scum. No, worse than scum. She had to adopt the battle mentality to keep from balking at the first sign of battle in the war to come. She had pledged her fealty, her loyalty, her combat prowess to the kage. There was no backing down from something like that.
“Get up.” She motioned for her butterflies to right him, which they did, rather roughly. “Next technique.” Kanade got into the stance and wove the appropriate hand seals as the man, more cautious this time, sent out a bullet of water from his gullet. It hit a wall of magma that she ejected from her palm, which also turned into obsidian and stayed put.
“Well, that is a good technique at least.” Kanade muttered to herself, “You going to stand back there all day?” She called out to the man, half grinning to herself and working herself into a fighting high. The adrenaline that Kanade’s new body felt addictive, and she could see why Thabisa had fought with a smile on her face in the last battle that Chiaki had seen her in. Kanade found herself wearing the self-same smile.
The man jumped over the solidified and cooled magma, crushing it with a blow as Kanade stepped back. His hand was sliced open and he growled at her, picking up a shard.
“You’re going to have to be faster than that.” Kanade started the hand seals for the next jutsu that she would be trying out, this one would take a bit longer, so she would have to be able to dodge the next incoming attacks.
“You bitch.” He hissed, rushing at her, attempting to slice her hands as she jumped back, continuing to make the seals. As soon as she was done, she let him get in close, dodging the upthrust with the knife as she attacked him with the palm of her hand and jumped back, trying to gauge if it worked or not.
He stood there, stunned for a moment, unable do do anything but breathe before he retched and then looked at Kanade with horror on his face, “You’re sick! Sick!” He pointed at her and then started to back away.
“I’m not done with you yet, you said that you would stay for at least five jutsu.” Kanade took a step toward him, her eyes glowing as she did.
“No-no-no-no stay back!” the man called Akimichi took off at a dead run. With the walls there and no way out besides the door she had come in by, she knew he wasn’t able to get out.
“Guards!” The prisoner screamed as a pool of urine started to soak the ground at his feet, the acrid odor assailing Kanade’s nose as she followed him. His voice was a high pitched shriek, “Guards!”
“They know the deal, you’re not the only one today.” Kanade sighed and muttered “Guess that’s why you never go for the head first.” She started her next bit of sealing as he shrieked and pleaded with the guards before shooting him with three quick shots of Youton. They bored into the man’s two arms and leg which left him a wet whimpering mess. She rolled her eyes and took out a paper, “Subject unable to move from youton bullets.” She scrawled and then looked at him with a bored expression.
“They’re in me! They’re in me! They’re in me! They’re in me!” He shrieked on repeat at the top of his lungs.
“Subject is experiencing secondary burns from the super-heated youton, which does not extinguish itself after the initial hit.” She frowned at the paper and sighed, her stomach in knots. Was this the price that she had to pay for her little girl to have a place in the village? She had lost her humanity when she had sacrificed herself to obtain a silicone body, but what else had happened to make her this callous. This man’s pain, and the pain of countless others would pave a bloody path for her child to live within the village as a true member of the community.
If Kanade played her cards right, her child would never have to pick up a kunai at all, and would live a life of luxury just from her mother’s accolades. She had seen how the Bannin were treated in Kumogakure no Sato, and in Konohagakure no Sato. She wondered if the treatment of Bannin and their families would be as good as it was in those two villages. All of this flashed across her mind as the man continued to scream, one time after the next, “They’re in me they’re in me!” until he finally passed out. The smell, like burning pork, reminded her that she had to get the bits of Youton out of him before they caused any permanent damage she couldn’t repair.
Bending down, she dug out the three bullets before slapping the man awake.
“Get up!” She shook him, but his head lolled to the side and she knew that there wasn’t anything that she could do besides give him a jolt to wake him.
“Ugh.” She took the key out of her pocket, the one that had been given to her upon her entering the prison and opened the door, “Do I need to heal him or will you all take care of that?”
The guard that was on the other side of the door stared at the prisoner then cleared his throat, “I don’t think that will be necessary ma’am, we can take it from here. Your next subject will be out in the next ten minutes.” He looked at the man and shook his head, “What the hells did you do to him?” The guard looked at her in an accusatory manner.
“Traded him a bit of his time for a bit off his sentence.” She would lie and say that she was able to perform five new techniques on him. After all, he had survived the hardest bit of the test, the one that was most likely to give someone nightmares. The next part of her training would have to involve another person. She couldn’t just do the techniques on a clone or a dummy, and she picked out the new techniques which she had worked out on paper carefully before the next person entered the prison. She was a slight thing, with slender fingers and a mousy disposition. She was in prison for malpractice and had killed seven shinobi while they were recovering in the hospital, along with ten civilians while they slept. She was going to participate for a chance to sign up as a poisoner under heavy surveillance for the war effort in Sunagakure.
“I was told that you had dealt with the previous one in record time.” The woman bowed, pulling at the top part of her prisoner’s outfit in a half-curtsey before pulling a bit of her unkempt and unwashed hair out of her face. She pulled it back in greasy strands to tie it behind her head.
“I was also told that you need someone with ninjutsu expertise for your next subject. I used to experiment on people too.” Her voice, in the dead space between them drifted down, bringing Kanade’s spirits to the dirt with it.
“You and I are nothing alike.” Kanade grit her teeth already irritated with this woman who looked around the arena as if she was unfazed by the woman who had said that she was going to experiment on her body wasn’t in the same area as her.
“Oh, I don’t think that there’s any doubt in that. You have a darkness inside of you.” She finally looked at Kanade calmly and rolled up her sleeves with medical precision, showing scars that were along the inside of her wrists. Then turned her arms over, the scars didn’t end there.
“Pain is one of my hobbies, so you can do what you like to me.” She explained simply, a small ghost of a smile touching the corners of her mouth. Why did it make Kanade want to punch her so bad. “Pain is how we know that we’re human.” She raised an eyebrow, “Well, it’s how I know I am at least.”
“Did you sign the waiver?” Kanade looked at her through narrowed eyes, surprised to hear the words come out of gritted teeth with her fists clenched at her sides.
“Oh, yes.” She nodded, “And they even said that they would be willing to take care of any scarring that occurs from this little exercise. I understand.” The waif continued to nod absently before the nod slowed and she closed her eyes, “There just isn’t anything like the screams is there? The unmitigated screams of someone who is begging for their life?” She opened her eyes once more. Kanade noticed they were grey. Such a bland color for such a contemptible woman.
“If you are ready.” Kanade snarled, finding herself almost boiling over with rage. It frightened her how much this woman could have been her, a mirror of Kanade the malpractice as the woman lifted both shoulders in a nonchalant way.
“What do you want me to do?” She asked, her mousy voice calm as she blinked slowly at Kanade.
“Put up a barrier.” Kanade commanded, shaking her head in irritation at the woman. The woman shrugged and channeled bringing up a barrier in front of her, made of Kouton, it would be a hard one to break through since there wasn’t much that Youton, even, could do to it. Kanade nodded and wove the seals for the barrier erasure jutsu she had been working on, stumbled and tried again. She fumbled again, much to the amusement of the girl behind the barrier.
“You having problems with getting rid of it? I thought that you were supposed to be some sort of big shot here.” Came the call over the barrier from the small mousy woman and Kanade tried once more, this time the barrier came down and Kanade was left with a jutsu hurtling toward her, a rather large spear of Kouton. She dodged narrowly out of the way, but the spear still grazed her, tearing her sleeve and her skin beneath. She hissed in pain, seeing the woman making more seals, “Better keep up or I am going to kill you. Not that it would make any difference, adding, subtracting to my sentence, I am in here for four consecutive life sentences. That means I have to die four times before I am released.” The woman smiled, stomping the ground.
Kanade let loose her own jutsu, this one was a wall made of Youton. The mousy woman shouted over the roar of the jutsu that sprang from the ground and the metallic clang of many objects hitting it, “Boring!” She was running around, already to the left, weaving more seals.
Kanade wove more seals as well, Kanade’s fired off first this time, creating a sinkhole of Youton chakra right at the woman’s feet, in front of where she was going.
“W-woah!” the woman exclaimed as she teetered on the edge, weaving more seals and then made a sweeping motion with her hand. A great gust of wind tore toward Kanade and caught her in the left shoulder this time, sending pain shooting down her arm and surprisingly her left leg as well. The blast had also made it so that the woman was back on her feet, steady and ready to deal more damage.
“This is fun and all, but I think that playing with you for the rest of the time sounds more fun.” The woman started more seals, as did Kanade. Kanade finished first, and the magma beside the woman exploded into five barbs, shooting at the woman, she weaved and ducked, but one caught her in the hand, interrupting her other hand seals.
By this time, Kanade had enough of the woman, and her attitude and started more hand seals, weaving more seals, she pointed at the barb, that the woman was gingerly taking out of her body, and seven spikes shot out of it, inward toward the woman, impaling her further as her hiss from the pain turned into a howl of agony. Kanade’s teeth were clenched as she formed the final seals for this woman, wanting it to be over with as soon as possible. She pointed her hand at the youton that was in the woman’s body, which pulled itself out and she took a gasp before it condensed and exploded, sending the woman careening into the wall, splayed out, burying her five inches in the solid stone.
Kanade was breathing hard, She spat at the woman before calling for the guards. She didn’t want this woman to die, but she also didn’t want to have to tend to her wounds. Kanade had found the small flicker of anger inside of her and as she nursed her wounds, gathering her chakra for the next prisoner, she fanned the flame, letting it hollow out a piece of her heart that she had dedicated for never hurting someone on purpose. She had to get stronger, had to protect her daughter, not even a year old and her reputation. She had to solidify her daughter’s future in the Enkouten clan and in Iwagakure no Sato. If that meant that she had to pave that way with blood, she would do it. A part of Chiaki, an echo of her former stupid and innocent self, screamed that she would have to kill if she got mixed up in the second part of the invasion.
Thabisa, and by proxy Kanade burned that part away, leaving a hardened part of her heart, as black and smooth as obsidian in its place. She sat and recovered as the guards came in after a short whistle and removed the unconscious woman. She looked around the courtyard of the prison, noting that it was large enough to encompass some of her larger techniques as the most dangerous criminal that they had in the prison was let out into the yard.
A man that had been caught doing tax fraud and money laundering was led out in heavy chains covered in fuuinjutsu. He stretched in his chains and grinned at Kanade as they took him out of them. The guards started to run away, but he channeled chakra, and a doton hand covered his own, before flying toward the guard, smashing into his neck and splitting his head like a melon.
Kanade didn’t even need to be goaded after this, her fury blazing white hot, she activated her primordial form, setting the immediate area ablaze.
“Hot.” He quirked a brow and smiled an arrogant smile, “You know, I actually was released from the super-max on good behavior. I wonder how many more years I will get for that little stunt.” He then shrugged, “But if I kill you, I can say you did it to the guard, call it collateral damage.”
Kanade snarled and hurled herself at him, weaving a series of hand seals, she opened her mouth and a magmatic tongue leapt out at him. He let it wrap around him and she pulled him back, punching his face.
“That tickled love.” He flexed his muscles and a curse seal started to bloom on his neck. Gritting his teeth, he broke the tongue, grabbed Kanade by the neck and hurled her across the arena, she slammed into the wall.
“You’re fuckin’ fast I’ll give you that.” He said, wiping off the pieces of Doton as the seal spread over his whole body, “And you burn like a bitch.” Kanade slid down the now molten wall and started to make hand seals, the man started toward her, a blur in her eye, but her butterflies were faster, the swarm slammed into him from the side, turning his full on bullrush into a sliding skid into the wall beside her.
Kanade opened her arms and an otter popped out, growing larger and larger until it encompassed a good quarter of the arena.
The man stepped out from the wall, spit and looked up at the golem. “Huh, that’s a fuckin’ big cat you got there.”
Kanade pointed and shrieked, “Kill him.” The otter pounced and the man blocked the first blow, stopping it just in time before the otter chomped down on him, only his legs visible, and ate him whole, then it curled into a ball and burped, its molten orange eyes closing for a cat-nap.
Kanade waited one heartbeat, two heartbeats, and then the otter opened one eye again, it had a look of surprise on its face, Kanade started to weave more hand seals as the otter burst from the inside, the man was cloaked in Kouton and whistled, “Damn, that was close.” He rolled his neck and smiled, “Good thing I got jutsu to take care of just about anything you can-” He looked at his feet, which were covered in Kouton as Kanade placed her hands on the ground, the whole arena lit up with Raiton and he grinned, “Sorry honey, but that ain’t gonna cut it around here.” He rushed her and the Butterflies again hit him in the side, He punched at them, grabbing some in his hand and squeezing them until they fell, their broken bodies torched in the Raiton arena.
Kanade growled and as he shot toward her again, she finished the hand seals and he ran headlong into her new jutsu, coming out the other end, ending up flying into the wall. He shook his head and saw that on either end of her two palms were the arena, it was like looking at a tunnel that bent where Kanade was, “the redirection jutsu is working just fine it seems.” Kanade had started to calm down and grinned devlishly at the man, “That means you won’t be able to touch me again.”
“Wanna bet?” He asked, and Kanade nodded, He growled and shot toward her, she held up one hand and the portal on the other end shot him out, without him feeling so much as a whisper of her hair.
“Fucking bitch!” He yelled and started forming more hand seals. This time he would attack her with jutsu. Good, she needed to try this out on jutsu as well. She tossed a kunai with her seal at him, it landed in the wall next to him, easily dodged by him. She started her own hand seals and almost fumbled with them as the whole arena shook. Cracks beneath the yard started to form as a giant kouton dragon reared its head, positioning itself behind the man. He grinned and pointed at Kanade. She held up a hand and the massive dragon disappeared into her hand much like had done, but this time, a portal behind the man opened up. His eyes went wide as the dragon smashed into him, Kanade walked forward letting the man be caught in an endless loop, the dragon rushing from one portal to the next with the speed it had built up, finally Kanade sidestepped the larger portal and the dragon cascaded into the prison wall, creating a cascading spiderweb of concrete cracks.
“That was all that I had really prepared to practice.” She told the comm in her ear, “I can get him secured now, and when I do I’ll expect that you come pick him up. She wove more hand seals as he emerged from behind the dragon, coughing. His mouth was full of blood and it looked like he had a punctured lung at least. “Alright, time to go back into your cage.” She pointed to the door where some guards were waiting and then saw him tear across the arena toward her, he grabbed her by the neck and started squeezing just as her jutsu went off, the doton barrier expanding from her knocked him back and started to spin, vigorously. The man got up, spat and broke holes in it, trying to time it right he jumped into the spinning barrier and laughed. Kanade herself grinned as another barrier shot out from her, hitting the man full force in the face and jetisonning him out of the doton spinning barrier. He timed it again, and broke the wall again, which spun and it took him a good minute to finally find a gap to rush through at her, right as another wall sprang up from Kanade, slamming him into the wall he had just broken. He ground against it and screamed as his skin started to shred and limbs cracked until finally, he was tossed into the small hole he had made and was spun around for what seemed to be an endless amount of time before being shunted out the outer hole into the wall, the barrier by this time had expanded to the wall, so as soon as it did it started to grind on the man again, his shrieks filling the air and barely reaching Kanade as she let go of her jutsu, the spinning barrier finally gearing down. She motioned her butterflies to her, who broke a hole in the barrier and started to mince it up, as it had a lower durability than their iron-like wings. She walked up to the man, disfigured and completely rubbed raw, his dermis shredded down to the layer of muscle.
“I know you can regenerate from this.” She said cooly, her rage under a tight cold leash. She stared at him and smiled, “So I am going to let you suffer through this for what you did to the guard.”
She sighed and placed him under a paralysis fuuinjutsu and then walked over to the man who the prisoner had killed and clicked her tongue, frowning, “I promised no one would die today.” She took inventory of her chakra reserves and shook her head, she wasn’t going to be able to do that jutsu alone, unaided by someone else’s chakra.
The guards ran in once the doors had been uncovered from the Doton, the butterflies dutifully carrying it away from the central part of the prison, the yard, and they rushed over to the prisoner, unable to do anything but inarticulately sob in his current state. He was broken, yes, but he would mend. They chained him just the same as his skin slowly started to work its way back onto his body and started to drag him away, too angry to care about his tortured screams. Kanade sighed, placed a hand on the man’s body and shook her head, “How many more must die in my persuit of power? How many more must die for me to get strong enough to make sure that no one else will die? Can I say that trading his life was worth the training?” She shook her head.
She looked to the door, a woman in full shinobi outfit was standing there, she rushed over and put a hand on Kanade, “No deaths hmm?” The shinobi said, her face covered in a mask didn’t hide the malevolent smile coming from her.
“If you can spare me the chakra, I can make it go away.” Kanade looked at the woman and she nodded, “Alright, but you get one shot at this.” The woman looked at the guard, his head nowhere to be found, “If you fail, I’ll add his death to the report.”
“Just give me the damn chakra before I can’t fix it.” Kanade snapped, and felt the cool rush of power in her as the shinobi did as she was told. Kanade channeled the chakra into the event, the event was the death, the death was undone, the world returning to the way that it had been the man started to undo the chains and the prisoner grinned again. Kanade was faster this time, she interposed herself between the man and the jutsu, the hand shot out, hit her and the fuuinjutsu tattoo that was on her exploded into being, ricocheting it back at him as he looked at her stunned before it smashed headlong into his face. She grinned in grim satisfaction as she saw it break some of his teeth and his nose for good measure. She started to weave hand seals and nodded at him, her butterflies didn’t let him get any more momentum, they slammed him into the wall before picking him up and as the rush of their sharp, adamantine wings rushed over him, slammed him back into the ground. She walked up and placed a seal on his neck. It was over in the time that it took to take a couple of breaths. She relaxed as the seal spread over his neck and smiled.
“Get out of here.” Kanade ordered the man, and he ran, her butterflies playing the role of a wall between the man whose curse mark started spreading over him again, for the first time, she corrected herself, breaking her fuuinjutsu. He punched and she felt the fuuinjutsu break, the blow weakened did nothing to stop her from flying a good eight meters into the air and ten meters back, her arms in front of her to stop the large blow.
He spat and looked at her with hatred in his eyes, “Can’t even let me have a li’l fun eh? Well, when I am done with you, I’ll have my fun, and then I’ll leave you, used and broken. Oh love, You’ll beg for me to kill you with the things I’m about ta do to you.” Kanade kept her cool, the technique that had brought her back here had drained some of her chakra, but the seal that she had used to paralyze him, she had thought, would contain him longer than that. She was already panting and sweating. Her butterflies rushed around her, a flurry of maddeningly loud wingbeats sounding like a hurricane in full force. Her hands flashed in an intricate bit of hand-seals and she touched herself.
“Goddess’ golden minute, activate.” She stated. The man flung himself at her butterflies and was hit by their mass, sending him into the wall. She channeled more chakra into her hands, willing to burn every scrap of it now that she was within the golden minute. She threw herself into the technique, her Kouton wall springing up from her, a wall of shredding, broiling, frothing rage that covered the arena entirely, bisecting it, and tossed it at the man. She grinned as he looked like Shinjiro did when he had faced her. She was ready for it though. He burst through with his own Kouton armor, it being torn to shreds it hung off him loosely, he had bare scratches here and there, and not a shred of clothing left on him.
He was panting heavily as he looked up from bursting through it Kanade was already weaving more hand seals, “Now you pay for what you did you bastard.” She let loose with her ultimate technique, the megallium hell mail as a butterfly flew and smacked him in the side of the head, sealing off his chakra, and rendering his cursed seal useless. He looked at the bug wide-eyed as the mail armor wrapped around him and started to contort him. He resisted, to his credit, for a good long while before he started to twist and turn, his body snapping in contorted ways. Kanade’s vision started to blur, to go black from too much chakra consumption. She felt her hair turn to obsidian, what a weird feeling that was. And as she dropped to the ground, so too did the man who had all of his limbs bent backward, snapped and contorted, breathing heavily from the angle his neck had been broken into, and rehealed into.
The guards rushed out to help Kanade and secure the prisoner, and just as they did, Kanade faded like mist in the morning, reappearing in the same way but in reverse to where she had been a minute before. She was expecting him to be in the same place, was expecting the impact on her butterflies who were, where? She turned her head and looked at the man that was twisted and thought of what she would have done, had she done it and then realized that she was the past Kanade, and that the future Kanade, which was now the past Kanade had done what she had set out to do. The guard was no longer dead and she had apparently won, won by using the hell mail technique. She had never performed it on a human before, and what she saw almost sickened her. She could tell that he had at least sixty different fractures that the jutsu had healed to be permanent, and that he would require intensive surgery and re-breaking of the bones just to be able to walk or do anything.
“Holy Kami, you should have just killed him.” The guard that she had saved murmured, “That looks like a fate worse than death.” He looked, slowly from the man, to her, and then took a couple of quick steps backward, putting some distance between himself and the woman who had done this to the man. He smiled apologetically, “Sorry Jounin Enkouten, I didn’t mean to overstep.”
She held up her hand in a placating halting gesture, “No need to be sorry, I uh, I think I went a bit overboard with him, do you think that your medics can fix him?” She looked at the prisoner who was unable to do anything but inarticulately gurgle, his jaw and neck broken and rehealed at awkward angles.
“If they can it’d be a bloody miracle.” The guard shook his head, “I don’t mean to question you, but why would anyone make a technique this horrid? I’ve seen men burned alive, squished under huge piles of rock, hell, I’ve seen ‘em eaten by monsters before and torn apart by wild animals while they’re still alive. Nothing, and I mean nothing I have ever seen in my entire life has ever been as horrid as this.”
The words weighed heavily upon Kanade, as soon as the man was carried out from the arena, they stuck to her and she regretted every minute that he had to be put on the gurney and transferred to the prison’s medical ward. The nurse threw up, and Kanade sighed, “Move over.” She told the doctor, “I will take care of it, I did the damage, I’ll undo it. I will need him to be bound so he can’t use chakra anymore, but it’ll take me about 14 hours to undo this. I’m going to need three assistants from the hospital, tell them that I’ll pay out of my salary.” She looked at the doctor and raised her eyebrows, “Well, go get a runner!”
The doctor left the room, telling a guard who would undoubtedly tell a runner. The man wheezed and looked at her through barely recognizable features, unable to speak, but what she saw in his eyes was worse than anything that she had ever seen before. It was raw unadulterated terror. This man was terrified of what she could do to him, what she had done to him. If she had used the technique to go back again and do it all over again maybe-.
This was the price for losing control, this was the price that she had to pay in order to learn that her techniques worked, and another shred of her humanity was shaved away, leaving Kanade the Iwagakure Shinobi staring at the man on the table.
Eventually the runner came back with three skilled medical nin who assisted in the operation. It was slow going, because of the man’s strength they had to use jutsu to break the bones again and reshape them into the correct position. He was sedated the whole time, but it was still hard work, and keeping him sedated was hard work for the anaesthesiologist as well. In total it took 20 hours for Kanade to undo what she had done, she collapsed into a chair, covered in the man’s blood from head to toe from breaking and mending his bones, slicing his tendons and reattaching them. It was good that he had trained his chakra network and chakra as much as he had, or he would be dead.
This is the price of knowledge. Kanade looked up at the ceiling and felt revulsion at herself. She had seen Shinjiro tear through men like paper, but doing this? This was just cruel.
Kanade was certainly not Chiaki anymore. The last little bit had burned away, making way for a ruthless Enkouten, ready for war.

((Jutsu trained at 400 per jutsu because of event, words needed:3600, words achieved, 5863 words))
jutsu trainedShow
Doton • Swirling Barrier
S-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a spherical barrier around themselves, of 2 meters in dimeter, This will expand, spinning rapidly in a clockwise direction at [control] strength and speed until it reaches up to 100 meters. The user (using the MP jutsu rules) can create up to four more barriers which act like the original, that spin in a counter-clockwise, forward spinning, backward spinning, and diagonal clockwise spinning direction. As they expand they will stop only milimeters from the previous barrier, continuing to spin at [control] strength and speed, grinding anything caught within with the same speed and strength. In the direct middle of these barriers is a space of 2 meters that does not spin made of Doton Chakra. This requires supreme concentration and can only be used up to 5 posts before it must be released. The barriers retain their strength indefinitely, but slow to a halt on the 6th post.

[Open Space: Redirection]
C-Rank Space-Time Ninjutsu
The user will channel the needed chakra or form the necessary hand seals and spawn a 10m diameter Space-Time portal in front of one hand, and another identical one in front of the other. For the next 3 posts, the user can move their hands in front of attacks, and they are transferred from one portal to another. The exit portal can also be directed to a specific location with the aid of a [Space-Time - Formula Seal].

[Open Space: Expert Redirection]
A-Rank Space-Time Ninjutsu
The user will channel the needed chakra or form the necessary hand seals and spawn a 40m diameter Space-Time portal in front of one hand, and another identical one in front of the other. For the next 3 posts, the user can move their hands in front of attacks, and they are transferred from one portal to another. The exit portal can also be directed to a specific location with the aid of a [Space-Time - Formula Seal].

[Open Space: Perfect Redirection]
S-Rank Space-Time Ninjutsu
The user will channel the needed chakra and spawn a 160m diameter Space-Time portal in front of one hand, and another identical one in front of the other. For the next 3 posts, the user can move their hands in front of attacks, and they are transferred from one portal to another. The exit portal can also be directed to a specific location with the aid of a [Space-Time - Formula Seal].

[Expand Space: Rapid Expansion]
The user will channel the needed chakra or form the necessary hand seals and focus, the area within 5 meters of the user expands, essentially creating extra distance in all directions up to or equal to [controlx2] meters in every direction, this lasts for 2 posts before the space collapses to the previous distance.

[Recycle time: The Golden Minute]
The user will channel the needed chakra or form the necessary hand seals and focus on a person within 160 meters of them, that person, and that person alone will return to the same place, in their current state 1 minute (or 4 posts) later, healing all wounds, restoring all chakra and so forth.

[Tighten Space: Ever Present]
A-Rank Space-Time Ninjutsu
The user will channel the needed chakra or form the necessary hand seals and choose two points within 100 meters of their current location, the space between these points will shrink by 100 meters at [control] speed until they are inextricably together. This will last up to 2 posts, before the two points expand at [control] meters back to their original locations.

[Tighten Time: Centuries in a second]
S-Rank Space-time Ninjutsu
The user will channel the needed chakra or form the necessary hand seals and either send the chakra through a link that they have with them via a seal, tether, direct contact, or a thrown projectile to up to 3 people within a 50 meter range from themselves. Their perception for the next second of time will tighten so much that it will appear as if it has been a century of time. The extreme mental strain from experiencing the second as a century technique imposes a -12 to the willpower statistic for 6 posts. Sometimes this is enough to drive an opponent mad.

[Raiton • Goddess’ Domain]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will seep Raiton chakra in an area around them with a 100m diameter. This will produce an electric current on the ground in this area visible as crackling lightning on the surface. Any other than the user who steps into or passes through this zone will have the shocking effect applied and will sustain [Control] Strength shocks. This current lasts 3 posts, while it ends immediately if the user leaves the area.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”