The Next Generation

Hanzou, Kohaku, and Nikkou form a squad

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 pm

Today was the day. Hanzou had –with some delay – graduated from the academy. His grandfather had tied his forehead protector around his head. That was yesterday. Today he would meet his new team. Or rather, the members who he didn’t know. He had caught wind that his longtime friend Kohaku would be on the team, along with a young woman named Nikkou.

“She better be freaking cute,” Hanzou muttered to his reflection as he slicked his hair back. His black hair sculpted into position, Hanzou reached for his forehead protector. He put the cloth side against his forehead and took a look at himself.

Nah.

He lowered the piece of cloth and tied the edges loosely around his neck.

That’s better.

Back in his room, Hanzou strapped a small kunai holster to his left leg and a pouch to the back of his belt. Throwing his jacket on over his black turtleneck and pants, he headed for the door.

Wonder who’ll be teaching us. I didn’t hear anything about that. Could be anyone. Or anyones, if we get something like a jounin and a chuunin. I just hope it’s someone worth learning from. Not someone who's near as new as us.

Hanzou weaved through the streets of Iwa, noticing the crowds thin out as he neared the training grounds where they were to meet. The composition, as well as the density of the crowd changed: now almost everyone was wearing forehead protectors with the stylized double rocks of Iwa on them. Hanzou studied the crowd around him: took in what they were wearing, what kinds of equipment they had on them, heights, weights.

Oh shit, is that Kohaku? Speak of the devil...

Through the people, Hanzou saw a familiar face. He quickened his pace, running up behind Kohaku.

“How’re you doing birthday buddy?” Hanzou asked with a grin, slapping his friend on the shoulder before diving into one of his jacket pockets and producing a pack of cigarettes. With a flourish, he tapped the bottom of the box, sending a cigarette partially out. “Guess we’re gonna be squad buddies now too, not just birthday buddies.”

He placed it between his lips and lit it with a tiny spark of Katon.

“Want one?” he asked, angling the pack toward Kohaku as the pair walked towards their assigned training ground.
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 pm

phpBB [video] Finally! Nikkou received a message that she was being assigned to a squad. She pulled her mustard yellow shirt over her head and put her forehead protector on. She wrapped her fingers carefully with bandages, and between her fingers and support the palm and then up her forearm. Then a pair of dark gloves. She slipped her Shuriken holster onto her leg and and bandaged up her shins before putting on her sandals. She grabbed her skateboard and began to run down stairs of her home - she kissed her mom on the cheek, gave her dad a big hug, and exploded out into the world! She ran and threw her skateboard to the ground before hopping onto it herself. She had heard that she was going to be on a team with boys, and honestly that suited her just fine. She had always thought that girls were quite boring and silly. She was a woman too but she had never really empathize with women and really thought more about them. She wandered what these two guys were going to be like? She hoped that at the very least that neither were boring book nerds. She made a detour through the market place and snatched a mango from a stand before tossing the right amount of Ryo at the shop keeper, without ever stopping. People generally knew Nikkou around the Market place and knew to dodge or avoid her as she road around on her skateboard.

She leapt onto a building and hopped building to building and even at one point was skating on the side of a wall, using the wall walking technique to stick to her board, and through her board to the wall. It was an odd sight but she felt free and loved the sensation of flying through the air. She used her kunai to split the mango’s flesh and proceeded to dice it into small bite sized pieces which she would pick on the end of her kunai and eat off of it. She arrived at the training filed, easily coming to a stop and looking around at the field, she hopped of the board and kicked it up and rested it against her thigh as she casually continued to dissect the mango. She glanced over at the boys. She was a statuesque young woman that would look ideal if she were to be carved out of marble - it was the enkouten genes. She iddn’t care how her wild hair flew in the wind as she tossed it out of her face and diced another cube of mango. ”Ey! Lads!” She called out excitedly. ”Hanzou and Kohaku right? I’m Enkouten Nikkou, nice to meet ya!” She cut another cube of mango and held out her kunai with the cube on the end.

”Want one?” She asked, leaning against a post easily at this point.
Last edited by HotelBravo on Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats
User flair: DM for RP

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 pm

It was early in the morning and Kohaku had been struggling to get some rest all night. He laid in his bed shirtless, tossing and turning until finally his alarm went off. It was six thirty in the morning and Kohaku had a big day ahead of him. Today was the day Kohaku was formally assigned to a shinobi team.

It had been a few months since Kohaku had graduated from the academy and a lot had occured. Since then he had fought in the Akari arena for the first time and devoured a Shiin. It proved to be a harrowing experience for Kohaku, the Shiin's DNA amalgamating with his own body and mutating a dormant Shiin inside of his left arm. The experience was terrifying to Kohaku, and more than that he felt like he had awakened a new side of him. Ever since tasting a Shiin, it was all he could think of. Kohaku didn't know it but his soul was undergoing a vital process through consuming Shiin, and the desire was his own soul wishing to become whole. He found the obsession mind numbing, even though he didn't understand it. Nevertheless his days had pressed on; Kohaku was hiding a secret from his clan, and he had spent as much of his time indoors as possible since devouring the genin's Shiin in the arena, but it couldn't last forever. The young prodigy was called out into the open today.

Sitting up in his bed Kohaku reached for his alarm and shut it off. The Genin couldn't stand the incessant ringing the bell clock made. It was a primitive timer clock that dinged and dinged until you shut it off. Kohaku turned it off by gently tapping the button on the top, then he stood up from his bed and walked over to dresser drawers. He was wearing pajama pants and that certainly wouldn't do. Kohaku grabbed a pair of ebony trousers. They were baggy and had pockets lined up on the legs. He put those on immediately, then walked out of his bedroom and into the kitchen. Kohaku wasn't hungry, he didn't like to eat in the morning, but he knew today would be a busy day, so he rummaged through his cupboards looking for something to eat. Eventually he decided on a banana and Kohaku ate it while standing next to the garbage can. As he mushed the fruit in his mouth the young man wondered who would be on his team. A friend of his, Hanzou, was going to be there, but he didn't know the other members. One's name was Nikkou and supposedly they were a female. Kohaku had heard of her through the grapevine, word got around fast in a small world, but he didn't know anything about her. As he threw the banana peel in the garbage, Kohaku thought to himself, "I hope she's a strong woman. Not a pansy, or a fragile doll type." Kohaku liked robust women.

Once he had ate something, Kohaku stepped back into his room to get dressed. He wore his usual attire, a steel wire mesh underneath a black zip up hoodie. Kohaku zipped the sweat shirt up all the way. Today was going to be a windy day according to the paper. Once he was dressed Kohaku made his bed, then he put together his various ninja tools. He wasn't sure if his new sensei would test their mettle like that, but Kohaku always wanted to be prepared. His main weapon, the phasmashiin attached to his right hand, was safe inside of his body.

All set for the day, Kohaku headed out into the village. His destination wasn't far from where he lived and with plenty of time to get there by eight o clock, Kohaku walked casually to the rendezvous.

Once he got there, Kohaku stood around and waited to see Hanzou. He didn't know anyone elses face, so he figured when he saw his buddy he would know he was at the right place. As he waited Kohaku sat on a tall rock.

Perched atop the rock, Kohaku looked for a ninja that matched Hanzou's description. It wouldn't be a long wait, soon Hanzou would be spotted from the crowd and Kohaku would jump down to meet his friend.

Next to his friend Kohaku smiled, exposing his large teeth. Kohaku was a generally handsome man, a bit unkempt but he was still good looking. He pulled his bangs back into his hair and replied to Hanzou, "Birthday buddies, squad buddies, what's next. Haha." Hanzou and Kohaku shared a birthday on the twentieth of April. They had always been paired together in the academy for that reason, and they had good synergy as ninja. It was no surprise to anyone that they were put on the same team. What was a surprise though, was when Hanzou offered Kohaku a cigarette, and the young man accepted. Usually Kohaku didn't smoke, he saved that for special occasions. He figured today was just as good as any though. He grabbed a cigarette from Hanzou and reached into one of his many pockets for his silver flip top lighter. He scratched the flint with the roller and lit a flame, then inhaled on his cigarette and a smoldering occured. Kohaku exhaled, he never inhaled the first hit. That was all gas. After exhaling the "bad" smoke, he inhaled again and this time he took a deep drag. Kohaku breathed it in, and then he started coughing. Smoke came out of his nose and ears, he went into a bad fit.

Once he was done coughing Kohaku stood with Hanzou and waited for another member to arrive. It wouldn't take long, again, for the third member to arrive. A female on a skateboard came skrrting on up to the two young men and she greeted them with a mango. Kohaku had just finished his cigarette and felt light headed, so he shook his head. After a moment Kohaku said to the girl, "You must be one of our new team members. Good to have ya." Kohaku didn't make eye contact with the girl. He was shy, but he was still friendly and wanted to be respectful. He stuck his fist out for the girl to pound. "I'm Kohaku."
Nara, Shiroyasha • Genin • Konohagakure no Sato
Kaguya, Renji • Chuunin • Kirigakure no Sato
Hyuuga, Kokou • Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato
Takumi, Hiroshi • Jounin • Sunagakure no Sato
Shuryo, Roku • Harubushi • Heart Empire

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:42 am

“Gay lovers at this rate,” Hanzou said, locking eyes with Kohaku for several seconds, a serious look on his face. He waited like that for a beat before a grin wormed itself into his expression, which soon gave way to full blown laughter. Hanzou took another drag from his cigarette as he watched Kohaku light his.

Seems like Kohaku’s having a good day today. Dude’s always been kind of mopey but I don’t know: something seems different these past few months.

The two boys had been friends for just about as long as Hanzou had lived in Iwa. The pair were close, that much was undeniable. Still, Hanzou couldn’t bring himself to ask what had been going on. Whatever it was seemed dark and personal. And if half of what he had heard about the Akari was true, it probably had something to do with them.

“Chill man, you don’t have to smoke the whole damn thing at once,” he cackled as Kohaku went into a coughing fit on his first drag. With a few small puffs, Hanzou looked up at the sky. It was surprisingly clear and sunny, with just a few high-flying cirrus clouds. Despite the sun it was cold and windy in Iwa. Hanzou hunched his shoulders up to better shelter his neck with the fur collar of his jacket.

“Ey! Lads!”

Hanzou’s attention snapped to the source of the voice: a statuesque young woman on a skateboard coming up to them. As she skated over, Hanzo gave Kohaku a quick nudge with his elbow and a small raise of the eyebrows. She introduced herself as Nikkou. To his surprise, Kohaku was the first to return the greeting.

“Damn, alright then,” Hanzou muttered approvingly, as Kohaku and Nikkou exchanged pleasantries, looking Nikkou up and down. Taking one last drag from his cigarette, Hanzou let it fall to the ground and put it out beneath his boot.

“I’m Fukusha Hanzou,” he said, grabbing the mango from the tip of Nikkou’s kunai. He turned his wrist a few times, examining the mango like a detective looking for clues. He popped it into his mouth, chewing as he let his gaze drift over to Nikkou’s shirt, then back to her face. “You trying to be a mango in addition to eating one?”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:18 pm

"You must be one of our new team members. Good to have ya." His name was Kohaku right? He seemed shy with the way that he avoided meeting her eyes, but at least he was making an effort as he stuck his fist out for her to meet with her own.. "I'm Kohaku." He confirmed. Nikkou gave a big grin, but her hands were occupied for the moment. She offered him the Mango cubed but Kohaku shook his head. He did seem a little green under the gills. ”A fist bump? Hell yeah - I oh, I need to free up one of my hands first.” One hand had a mango, and the other had a kunai with a mango slice. Since Kohaku didn’t want the mango she would have to figure out some kind of solution.

“Damn, alright then,” Nikkou heard the other boy mutter as he dropped a cigarette. “I’m Fukusha Hanzou,” He was a lot less shy than her other teammate and grabbed the Mango from her Kunai. Nikkou but the kunai into her mouth and then reciprocated the fist bump from Kohaku now that she had a hand free. “You trying to be a mango in addition to eating one?”

”What do you mean?” Nikkou asked, taking the kunai out of her mouth and cutting another piece of mango. She looked up at Hanzou examining the Mango slice suspiciously before he had decided to indulge in actually eating the slice. Did he hate mangos? Why was he eating one then? Nikkou wasn’t really following his logic. Maybe a change in topic was in order now that the introductions had been completed? ”Anyway. Where do we start? Did any of you hear if we had a mission yet? Oh wait before that maybe we should talk about our skill sets with one another? Yeah! We could make some sick combos, like WA-Pow! BAM! BAM!” She tossed her Mango up in the air, then did some shadow boxing pantomime, ducking and weaving as if she were fighting an invisible enemy. She held out her hands and caught the mango, flipping her kunai around. She cut up another piece, stuck it on the tip of her kunai and took a bite.
Last edited by HotelBravo on Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:55 pm

Puffing on his cigarette, Kohaku was feeling light-headed. If he were in a battle he would be at a great disadvantage. Kohaku couldn't imagine fighting with one of these in his mouth. As he smoked away Kohaku listened to Hanzou shoot his shot, or whatever that was he had just done. Hanzou was a charismatic guy, but that shot was sure to miss. Kohaku's eyes got wide when Hanzou alluded to turning Nikkou into a mango. Kohaku knew it was sexual, but he didn't know exactly what about it was. He tried not to think too much about it and let his thought stream travel.

As a friend, Hanzou had always been aces. The young man was always forthcoming and trustworthy, a true gem in the rock rubble of Iwagakure. Kohaku had grown close to him, like a brother, over their years together in the academy. The Genin wondered if he would build a bond with Nikkou in the same way. As a student Kohaku was gifted, he was always smart and intuitive, but on a ninja team things were sure to be different for him. Kohaku thought on what kind of trials and tribulations would become an obstacle for the team.

Finishing his cigarette with another cough, this time more faint, Kohaku threw it into the ground. He didn't care about littering. The yellow butt stuck out in the grey gravel and Kohaku stepped on it. As he did this, Nikkou was showing the group here boxing skills. Kohaku smiled and said to her, "I haven't heard about a mission yet, maybe when our sensei gets here we will have a clue about what's going on." Kohaku pushed his bangs back up into his hair again and continued, "I did hear about a giant outbreak of spirits in the village though. They are accepting teams to sign up for volunteer missions. It's an on call sort of duty though, big responsibility." Kohaku's eyes suddenly lit up with a fire. "We should sign up! I know a little about spirits, I've studied some Tenkujutsu." Kohaku had a passionate gleam burning in his eye. He loved his village and the idea of working with the team really perked him up.

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:18 pm

“It’s- you just- are you- ugh, nevermind,” Hanzou sputtered in response to Nikkou’s direct question. Couldn’t she see she was wearing damn near the same color shirt as the mango’s flesh?

Some people just don’t notice things. Maybe she’s just kind of dumb?

Hanzou regarded her with confusion as she shadowboxed.

Taijutsu type. Gotta be.

When Kohaku mentioned spirits, Hanzou lifted an eyebrow. I suppose there’s no sense in keeping what I do secret from them. If they haven’t heard about my jutsu yet, or the Fukusha’s jutsu yet then they will as soon as we fight together.

“I’m more of a nin-gen guy myself,” Hanzou said with a sigh. “Plus my clan’s doujutsu lets me copy jutsus, so if Kohaku takes the lead on Tenkujutsu I should be able to follow.”

Digging through his pocket again, Hanzou produced his cigarettes again and tapped one out which he stuck behind his right ear.

“I’ve got one more thing up my sleeve,” Hanzou wove a series of hand seals and drove his palm into the ground at his feet. Lines of seal script shot out across the gravel ground, and with a puff of smoke, a giant ruddy brown salamander in a haori was standing at Hanzou’s feet. Moving more quickly than you would imagine a human-sized salamander to move, it scurried behind Hanzou and crawled up his back, coming to rest its front paws on Hanzou’s shoulders. It carefully plucked the cigarette from behind Hanzou’s ear, and in an instant it was lit. The creature sucked greedily at the cigarette and let a huge puff of smoke out from its nostrils.

“Nikkou, this is Ankou,” Hanzou said with a grin.

“Offering an ugly thing like me a cigarette before the lovely lady? What’s wrong with you boy?” Ankou croaked in an unnervingly deep voice. Hanzou rolled his eyes, but reached back into his pocket and produced the pack again, this time angling it towards Nikkou.

“You want one?”
Last edited by Drak on Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Kohaku had tossed his cigarette to the ground, Nikkou didn’t say anything. She didn’t want to ruin a good mood when this shy boy seemed to be opening up. He smiled! "I haven't heard about a mission yet, maybe when our sensei gets here we will have a clue about what's going on." Kohaku answered her question from a moment before. "I did hear about a giant outbreak of spirits in the village though. They are accepting teams to sign up for volunteer missions. It's an on call sort of duty though, big responsibility." Man! He looked fired up! "We should sign up! I know a little about spirits, I've studied some Tenkujutsu."

”Hell Yeah! But Kohaku-san could you please not litter?” Nikkou agreed with him, and even pumped her fist in the air, but suddenly paused and pointed at the cigarette butt on the ground. She opened her hand. ”You can just hand the cigarette to me, I’ll put them in my pocket and throw it away properly later. ANYWAY! Back to the topic at hand - I ain’t afraid of no ghost! If I see one I’ll punch him in the nose like this - HEEYA! And then I’ll tie him in a knot. ” She dropped her skateboard back onto the ground and jumped ontop of it before doing a rather violent looking ollie that easily would hit someone’s shins with a large amount of force. ”Piss Off Ghost! Hee-YAH! Just like that!!” Nikou did a handstand and kicked her feet into the air with the skateboard stuck to them. Her legs and board spun dragging her torso with them so that she landed on her board again. ”Heeeeee Yah!”

“I’m more of a nin-gen guy myself,” Hanzou answered with a suspicious sigh. What? Was he bored? What the fuck? “Plus my clan’s doujutsu lets me copy jutsus, so if Kohaku takes the lead on Tenkujutsu I should be able to follow.” He stuck a cigarette behind his ear like he was preparing for a magic trick. “I’ve got one more thing up my sleeve,” He said weaving a flurry of handseals and driving his palm into the ground. The summoning seal expanded and a large human sized salamander appeared. It crawled onto Hanzou’s back. It lit up a cigarette “Nikkou, this is Ankou,” Hanzou introduced Nikkou to the Salamander

“Offering an ugly thing like me a cigarette before the lovely lady? What’s wrong with you boy?” The salamander complained to Hanzou. Hanzou exposed his cigarette pack again and angled it towards Nikkou. “You want one?”

and he talks…?AND HE TALKS!? HECK YEAH I WANT ONE! Nikkou snagged the cigarette and put it behind her ear like Hanzou had earlier and then proceeded to bump him out of the way with her hip. IT soon became apparent that she had stars in her eyes, not for the cigarette, but for the cool Salamander buddy that had just been summoned. "Scoot the Fuck over Ninja - Puh-LEASE!!" Her objective was to steal his place so that the Salamander was on her back instead. ”Oh - do the thing with the cigarette again.” She exclaimed, she kicked her skateboard up so that it stood on its nose, and she held the tail of it in her hand, then she rested her other hand on the tail of the skateboard and gave a cool sultry look - hoping to look really awesome with a giant smoking salamander on her back instead of Hanzou. After she had her fill of the pose she looked up over at the Salamander .”Oh man, we are going to be the bestest of buds. Thanks a bunch Hanzou you’re pretty cool.”
Last edited by HotelBravo on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King of Cats

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm

When Hanzou summoned the salamander Kohaku was thoroughly surprised. Summoning Jutsu was a higher rank skill than what he expected of his buddy. It seemed all that time Kohaku spent shut in was time for his rival to get stronger. The fire burning in Kohaku's eyes roared with passion once again. To see Hanzou so capable of a high level technique made Kohaku's belief in himself grow. Knowing his friend could do it push Kohaku in his own way. The young adult gave him a big thumbs up.

"Very fresh Hanzou, and Ankou." Kohaku reached down and picked up the cigarette butt he was previously stepping on. "Yanno, Nikkou, they pay prisoners to pick this shit up. You're not saving anything." Kohaku had a bit of a scowl on his face. He didn't like Nikkou asking him to pick up his trash. He thought, if it was so important to her, why didn't she say something in the first place?! Kohaku handed it to her after she was done skateboarding. "I'm a Taijutsu user. My phasmashiin is my greatest weapon, and I am a skilled swordsman with it. I'm also a defensive Ninjutsu specialist. Walls, swamps, and smokescreens are my niche." Kohaku stuck his hands in his pocket. He was starting to feel like he was waiting on his sensei to arrive.

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:10 pm

When Nikkou grabbed the cigarette from him, Hanzou grinned mischievously. Repocketing the pack, he took a half step forward and started moving his hand up towards Nikkou’s face.

She took the cigarette. That’s how it starts. Once I light it for her, it’s done. Chicks love it when a guy lights their cigarette. Instant pant-

Suddenly Hanzou was tumbling over. From his new position on the ground he saw Nikkou posing with Ankou on her back.

“Hey what the fuck?” Hanzou fumed.

”Oh - do the thing with the cigarette again.”

Ankou grinned insofar as a salamander could grin and grabbed the cigarette from behind Nikkou’s ear. The tip burst into flame. Ankou clearly enjoyed smoking two cigarettes at once. He slowly turned his shovel-shaped head to look at Hanzou.

“Ha! Get cucked loser,” the spirit gurgled through a cloud of smoke. “Don’t worry, I’ll show the girl a good time for you.”

Hanzou picked himself up from the ground and brushed himself off, glaring at Nikkou, even as she called him “pretty cool.”

“What in the- did you think I was giving you Ankou?” Hanzou shouted, his anger giving way to a bitter laugh at the end. “Goddamn. You’re something else.”

Hanzou wriggled his way out of his jacket and rolled up one of his sleeves, revealing a large tattoo of a salamander wrapped around his right forearm.

"Have your fun Ankou. I know you're a sucker for a pretty face," he grinned even as he shivered in the cold air. "I've got the contract. I can bring your ugly ass up any time I want."

“Anyway, where’s our goddamn sensei? " Hanzou continued, rolling down his sleeve and re-donning his jacket against the chill. "Aren’t we supposed to be training or something? I don’t know… stealing a bell to determine which of us can eat or like… beating the shit out of each other like they do in Kiri? Or is this just gonna be a meet and greet with the three of us?”
Last edited by Drak on Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

"Yanno, Nikkou, they pay prisoners to pick this shit up. You're not saving anything." Kohaku said to Nikkou. With the Salamander on her back she looked at Kohaku’s smile and returned a somewhat sad smile as she replied, ”I know. That’s why I’m asking to please not litter - also they don’t pay shit.” She spoke with experience. Yes, she did know. She had been one of those prisoners picking up trash around Iwagakure. Picking up litter had been one of the punishments that she frequently underwent. She closed her eyes for a brief moment - envisioning herself picking up the litter. Even if it was a single cigarette she would be grateful to not have to pick it up. To be done that much faster. To not have to stoop to the ground for the three thousandth time and pick it up and place it in the garbage bin she carried back. The chains had felt heavier to her when she was younger. The comments honestly stung but Nikkou wouldn’t let that slow her down or drop her mood. Nikkou pocketed the burnt out cigarette.

"I'm a Taijutsu user. My phasmashiin is my greatest weapon, and I am a skilled swordsman with it. I'm also a defensive Ninjutsu specialist. Walls, swamps, and smokescreens are my niche." He stuck his hands in his pocket like he was bashful or something. ”Hell yeah! Phasmashiin sounds awesome! What is it? Also sword? Thats fucking cool! Let me see your sword! C’mon let me see it, I don’t bite!” she begged of Kohaku.

The Salamander had been talking to Hanzou during this time, but Nikkou had been paying attention to Kohaku. Hanzou’s movement caught her attention from the corner of her eyes. As Hanzou raised himself from the ground, brushing himself offf he began to raise his voice at Nikkou. She stared at him in shock. “What in the- did you think I was giving you Ankou?” His expression was a lie - a fake smile that didn’t seem to match his tone or words. She hated that. "I've got the contract. I can bring your ugly ass up any time I want." He said to the Salamander.

”What? But I thought you were..? Ah geez man, now I feel like an idiot. I’m so sorry I didn’t mean it like that man, you gotta forgive me. I’m sorry.” She slid out from under Ankou to let the Salamander go back to Hanzou. Nikkou placed her hands together and bowed slightly. ”I really mean it!” She responded to him. "Aren’t we supposed to be training or something? I don’t know… stealing a bell to determine which of us can eat or like… beating the shit out of each other like they do in Kiri? Or is this just gonna be a meet and greet with the three of us?” Hanzou asked.

”Who knows man! But I’m not particularly good at anything. I like to go fast and I like to punch things, and my clan is known for Youton, the Lava release style - so I suppose you can count on me for that.”

Izanagi

The Next Generation

Post by Izanagi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

It was done. Sunagakure had fallen and Youji had returned to Iwa victorious. He had proved his loyalty to the Tsuchikage and done his duty, he felt proud, yet conflicted. There had been more fire, more death, those he had once called friends had suffered. And for what? The glory of Iwagakure. Yes, that was his purpose now. For Kotaru he would reach his true potential, he would be strong. Like a true Iwagakure shinobi should be. But still, as the gaunt-faced man trudged through Iwagakure’s snow-capped streets the words of the mad-kage echoed through his mind. Must you share your misery with our people Perhaps that was what he had done. Perhaps that was the essence of war itself. And yet here they all were, trapped in the endless, vicious cycle.

And now he had been promoted and tasked with raising a new generation of soldiers for Iwagakure’s grand army. They did things differently here he had come to learn. Strict rules and regulations and an emphasis on personal strength. Moving through streets filled with burly men, Youji received many sneers and whispered jibes, his weathered brown cloak did little to conceal his lean frame. He had begun putting on some weight, eating more and exercising each day, but he hadn’t quite shaken the sunken look to his eyes or the way his skin seemed to cling to cheekbones. His fingers idly tapped the pair of Katana at his hip while his pale blue eyes darted between each passerby. ‘An Enkouten, A Fukusha, and an Akari’ Youji recalled, visualizing their files near perfectly as he moved through one of the hundreds of passageways that led underground. He drew back his hood, revealing medium-length ruddy brown hair. It was warmer underground, the tunnels reminded him of an ants nest, or even a bee hive. Always bustling with activity and winding and turning a hundred different ways to sprawl out for many miles underneath Iwagakure. He was told that the lower one went the more dangerous and illicit the activities became. Fight pits, drug rings, prostitution, and access points into the dreaded Catacombs. Best to keep to the upper-level training areas he reminded himself.

Youji stopped as he found himself in the midst of a bustling plaza. This wasn’t training ground 18. It seemed he had somehow made his way to the marketplace. And were those Mango’s?! He couldn’t believe it. Iwagakure was not known for its fresh fruits, especially of the tropical variety given the mountainous and frigid landscape of Rock Country. ‘They must already be putting the Naegi to work’ he surmised, his eyes sparkling as he procured one of the fruits. War-mongering tyrant or not the Tsuchikage knew how to get things done. What may have been misery for Sunagakure was already enriching the lives of those who otherwise tended to live spartan lifestyles.

After asking for directions, and being informed Nikkou had passed through recently he managed to get himself sorted out back toward the training ground in question. Fortunately, the Enkouten woman made quite the impression and was easy enough to track. The training grounds were impressive, quite spacious considering they were still underground. There was a large rocky clearing, several slabs towering over 10 meters tall, as well as patches of grass and shrubbery. Overhead lights illuminated the area from 50 meters above them. All in all, the space was approximately 200 meters across. There was even a 15-meter wide, 10 meter deep pond in the corner of the area. Approaching, the newly promoted Special Jounin surveyed his new team. They were each older genin, and at a glance seemed more imposing than Youji himself, being of similar height but notably broader in the chest.

He overheard them talking as he approached, seeing the summon as it was brought forth. It was not ideal that he was at least 10 minutes late already and they seemed like a group that had a tenuous respect for authority already. Sighing, Youji dashed forward in a sudden burst of speed. He would jump from behind Nikkou, deftly grabbing the piece of mango from her kunai with one hand, while using his other to angle the sheath of his katana to tap the salamander. Standing amongst them he chewed on the slice of mango. “Oh, that is good” he savoured the bite, his own mango stored away safely in his hip pouch. Then, gesturing with two fingers he commanded the salamander to climb onto his outstretched arm. Ankou would find himself compelled to obey and would be unable to dismiss itself or be otherwise influenced by Hanzou. “Spirits are such fickle creatures, aren’t they?” he mused, he had fought them many times in the past and seen the devastation they could cause when allowed to roam free. Best to keep them on a tight leash. Turning, he looked between each of the Genin. Each of them hailed from a powerful and well-respected clan within Iwagakure. It was an honour to be chosen to lead them to greatness. “Haziwara Youji, Special Jounin” he introduced. “Well, let’s get started then. Fight until there is only one left standing. I’ll be over there” he pointed to the tallest stone monolith, some 20 meters tall and 10 meters in diameter, located near the center of the arena. And with that he would seem to vanish, dashing away suddenly with 40 speed and taking the summon with him. Once atop the monolith he would sit at the edge and withdraw his own mango and a kunai.
Jutsu UsedShow
The Sword of the Yamabushi
This sacred Katana has been passed down through the Harukatsu family for generations. Named after an ancient monk tribe that forged the blade and utilized it to suppress spirits, this Katana has become an heirloom of fire country nobility. As the first descendant of the Harukatsu family to become a shinobi, this sword was presented to Yozei shortly after becoming a Chunin. The blade is 30 inches long with a 12-inch handle and stored in a deep red sheath adorned in ornate gold markings. Having harmonized with Yozei’s chakra the blade's unique properties have become available to him to utilize. Both the Saya (Sheath) of the weapon and the blade itself have a unique effect.

Any Spirit that touches the Saya directly will find their will bound to the user for the course of the thread (up to S-Rank) Grand Spirits. If a spirit has a control stat higher than 40 it can resist these effects. If this is a summoned spirit Yozei will take on the cost of the passive chakra drain, additionally, the original summoner may de-summon the spirit if their control stat is equal to or higher than Yozei’s.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

King of Cats

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 pm

Listening to Nikkou talk was driving Kohaku up the wall. She had the nerve to act like prisoners should be paid, Kohaku thought that was just ridiculous. He sneered when she said it, and looked down at the ground with his hand in his pocket. As she continued to question his phasmashiin, the Genin's scowl was transformed into a grin. Kohaku was very proud of the Shiin he was born with, and he liked to show it off when he could. When Nikkou said she didn't bite, Kohaku chomped his teeth down at her. "I do." He chuckled and stuck out his right hand, the one that wasn't in his pocket.

As his hand was floating in the air the team's sensei arrived, fashionably late but still perfectly on time. He was there to see Kohaku's crown jewel, well not the crown, not yet anyways. Kohaku's arm began shaking as he channeled chakra into it and his phasmashiin was pushed out of the vascular tract it resided in. The pale white phasmashiin ejaculated out of the top of Kohaku's hand from a hole in his wrist, and curled under the meat of his hands knife edge. The organ unfurled outward as fast as it had appeared and it formed the image of a crude broadsword. On both ends the blade was sharp, shiny and white; it had a sharp point and a long horizontal hand guard. The Shiin hardened and took on a bone like appearance, then quickly Kohaku swung it into the ground before Nikkou. Youji was watching, but Kohaku didn't seem to notice. "This is my weapon of choice, a broadsword formed out of my own flesh and blood. I'll die with this blade in my hands, if i'm lucky." Kohaku picked his sword up and heaved it atop his shoulder. The edge didn't seem to cut him, his proficiency with his Shiin formidible enough to dampen the edge of his blade reflexively.

When Youji dismissed the salamander summon Kohaku was mightily impressed. Whatever work the sword that tapped on the salamander had done, it was impressive. The salamander seemed hypnotized, and then Youji gave the group an introduction. It was short and brief, but it carried with it a command. Kohaku was to fight with his team mates until only one was left standing. He couldn't help but smile a soft grin. Looking at the ground he hoped no one saw it. Truthfully, Kohaku was battle hungry ever since he devoured his first Shiin. The young man had a taste of death, something his two opponents had little clue of, if any at all. Kohaku thought of that as an advantage, and then Youji disappeared to a stone monolith to observe the genin's battle royale.

The field of their battle was wide. Kohaku knew he didn't need that much terrain to defeat Nikkou and Hanzou. He was feeling very confident in his abilities, though truthfully he was a little rusty. Kohaku had endured a deep depression since awakening his original Shiin. He didn't believe it but his skills were a little rusty. Kohaku quickly looked around, he had before but this time he was focusing with a tactical mindset and it only took him an instant. The group was sure to disperse once Kohaku swung his sword, which he was certainly going to do.

With a plan of attack, and absolutely no warning, Kohaku tightened his grip on his buster blade and torqued his muscles all at once. He was barking all of his large teeth as he smiled and swung his sword with 10 Speed and Strength. The sword was previously on his shoulder, and he heaved it down and towards the person he had just spoke to, Nikkou. As he did so, Kohaku began weaving together single handed hand seals. He was quick minded, perhaps quicker than his two team mates. Only would time would tell, but it was obvious to everyone that Kohaku had a plan. He moved with a signature confidence, forcing all of his weight down on the phasmashiin in his hand and into Nikkou's shoulder, while simultaneously weaving chakra through his body for a follow up jutsu.
OOCShow
Jutsu Used:
~Basic Formation: Phasmashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. The phasmashiin takes the shape of a scaled and skeletal weapon over one of the Akari's limbs. The phasmashiin have a strength equal to user's strength.

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Hanzou kept scowling at Nikkou, though his harsh expression began to slowly melt away after her apology. By the time she finished her introduction, his was a look of grudging acceptance.

“Whatever I-” Hanzou started when Youji’s dramatic entrance. His eyes bulged in surprise when Youji was able to control Ankou. Even more surprising than the fact that he was able to control Ankou was the fact that Hanzou could no longer feel their chakra connection.

“What the hell man?” Hanzou shouted. Youji seemed to be ignoring him. “Ankou? Hey! What the hell?”

When Youji gave them the order to fight, Hanzou took a few steps back.

“I was using that!” he shouted after Youji’s departing figure, following it up with a muttered "Motherfucker." It was unclear if the expletive was targeted at Youji, Ankou, or the situation as a whole. Having wasted enough time, he turned his full attention back to his squadmates.

Alright, I’ve fought with Kohaku before. He’s tough to beat: strong, and skilled with that creepy ass sword of his. I gotta make sure to keep my distance. From both of them.

Hanzou continued to back up, quicker now, while weaving a long series of hand seals. He came to a stop around five meters from Nikkou and Kohaku. A brief study of the scene revealed Kohaku heaving his sword up to strike Nikkou.

He got the jump on her. Better the devil you know? Or…

With a deep breath in, Kohaku focused his chakra into his mouth and spat it out, sending five chakra senbon hurling towards Kohaku’s sword arm at 10 Strength and Speed – not enough to do permanent damage, but it would make using that arm much more painful until a medic could see to him. With any luck, the senbon would strike somewhere along his shoulder, pec, and armpit. Additionally, should any one of the senbon do so much as graze him, he would be subject to Hanzou’s genjutsu, and would feel all four of his limbs become numb and sluggish.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Ninjutsu • Hidden Needles]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will focus chakra into their mouths and into up to five senbon within 10 meters of their position. The senbon will be summoned from their persons or nearby into the user's mouth, where they will be spit out aided by chakra at [Control] Strength and Speed. The senbon can be shot up to 10 meters away.

*[Genjutsu • Pins and Needles]
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After performing the hand seals and pricking the opponent with some sort of small weapon (usually senbon), the opponent feels their arms and legs fall asleep. It feels as if the blood flow to these appendages has basically stopped, making their movements a tad sluggish and just all around uncomfortable. This jutsu doesn’t really hinder a person, but it makes everything they do feel off. For those who are attuned to the way their body feels during battle, it can be extremely distracting. Lasts 3 posts.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

”Did that just come out of your body!? Man what the heck is that?! What else can that thing do? Can you make a skateboard with it?” She knew that Shinobi had weird things done to them and many clans kept the secrets of their bloodlines close to their chests but she wasn’t sure she even wanted to know what the hell this was. It looked like was made of some kind of cream that hardened and crusted. It did smell slightly like stinky fish but she wasn’t going to be rude to Kohaku. He seemed like he reallllly liked this sword. In fact, talking about it is the first thing that had made him change his mood since she had been here.

“Oh, that is good” A voice said. Nikkou stopped in her tracks at the arrival, whose presence she hadn’t even noticed until he was already eating the mango that she had put on her kunai. The subtlety of his action was lost on her but seemed to have taken complete control over Ankou. “Spirits are such fickle creatures, aren’t they?” The salamander crawled over to the man’s arm and climbed up his arm.

“What the hell man?” Hanzou cried out, as Ankou utterly abandoned him. “Ankou? Hey! What the hell?” What exactly had just happened? Nikkou didn’t know for sure, but the Salamander seemed to lose its entire identity and move like a puppet at the command of the new arrival. “Haziwara Youji, Special Jounin” The man introduced himself. He was near enough in height to Nikkou and hair that was in a similar state to hers. His appearance told her that maybe he was a kindred spirit but his tone of voice and manner of speaking and moving told her that maybe he wasn’t. “Well, let’s get started then. Fight until there is only one left standing. I’ll be over there” He gestured over towards a pillar and Nikkou’s gaze was drawn to it and suddenly he was already over there! She jerked her head in a double take checking that he was no longer where he had been and was now over.

”Hey! Wait a second! That was awesome how did you do tha-” Nikkou hadn’t realized the fight had started. Her good heart wasn’t actually one that was prone to violence and so she had made the assumption that the three genins were all on the same page, and that they would all attack once each had acknowledged the other. The flash of Phasmashiin hadn’t seemed unusual because the lad already had the weird sword thing out. Nikkou had a sudden sharp pain in her shoulder as the blade caught her off guard and bit into her flesh and got caught into her bone. It was fortunate that bone was harder to slice through with blades than what the stories told otherwise she might have just gotten cut in two. Her mustard yellow shirt began to turn crimson with her own blood as the phasmashiin blade. She gave a sharp hiss at the sudden unexpected Pain, and tears watered up in her eyes making it hard to see. She had brought her kunai up in reflex to parry the blow, but it had already struck - for the most part it kept the strange blade from just killing her out right. The pain made her fingers feel weak in her other hand.

”Ah! D-damn that hurts man - I’m out - I’m out.” She said, not ever having really started. With an uncomfortable lurch she dislodged herself from the blade and backed off a safe distance. It was the price that one paid for not paying attention. Nikkou felt justified in her ease however because these people were supposed to be her team mates. Maybe she was wrong about her idea about getting a fresh start with her genin team. To her it seemed like Everyone in Iwagakure no Sato was an asshole. ”Cauterize the wound…Sh-shit how am I supposed to do this with one hand?” She panicked to herself.
Last edited by HotelBravo on Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm

As his fishy smelling sword swung into Nikkou, Kohaku pulled his arm back, careful not to jerk the blade but still lightening the pressure enough so as not to make the wound worse. When the buster blade swung into Nikkou's shoulder Kohaku was grinning wildly. He loved the rush of fighting, but to be honest this first member of the team went down a bit too quick and easy. Kohaku could tell there was no killer instinct in Nikkou, the way she fell to the ground crying out was weak. He didn't make a remark on it though, Kohaku had a bigger fish to fry.

Weaving hand seals, Kohaku was ready for Hanzou. He followed through on his swing and spun around to face his opponent, but then he was impaled in the chest by several senbon. Kohaku coughed out blood and fell to the ground, then a poof of smoke covered the air around him. When the smoke cleared there was a large cut of wood laying on the ground with senbon stuck in it. Kohaku was no where to be seen. His Substitution Jutsu was a success and Kohaku was mysteriously disguised by confusion, for a moment.

5 meters from where Hanzou had struck the substitution with his senbon, and 5 meters away from Hanzou, Kohaku was facing Hanzou and channeling chakra into his feet. He was still smiling, but he was sweating now. Kohaku had fought with Hanzou before, he was a dastardly opponent. Kohaku used Genjutsu and his skill with triggering his illusions was matched by none in the academy. He was going to have to finish this match fast if Kohaku planned to take the victory. The longer Kohaku gave Hanzou to trigger a genjutsu, the more of a disadvantage Kohaku was in.

Kohaku stomped his foot down and deftly maneuvered three shuriken out of his utility pouch. As he did so the Binding Formation Jutsu traveled through the ground with 5 Speed and Strength, and towards Hanzou's feet. If it struck him he would be locked in place. But Kohaku had a two pointed attack planned, he also fired the shuriken he was holding. He fanned the shuriken out horizontally, and they flew at Hanzou with 10 Speed and Strength.

Kohaku watched his opponent to follow his next move and counter strike him.
OOCShow
Jutsu Used:
*[Basic Jutsu • Change of Body Stance Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it unless it is the users own, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 10 meter radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.

*Doton • Binding Formation
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling doton chakra into their foot the user will slam the ground within 5 meters of a target's feet with their heel, causing a formation of rock to shoot upwards at [Control] speed binding the target's feet at [Control] strength

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:42 pm

When Kohaku’s sword came down on Nikkou, Hanzou winced in sympathy. He had hoped to keep the two melee oriented ninja occupied with each other, but his senbon were slower than Kohaku’s attack. As Kohaku raised his sword – freeing Nikkou and saving her further damage – Hanzou’s needles finally struck him.

Damn, looks like Nikkou is out, but if I can slow Kohaku down a little then I can win this. Those senbon look like they did some damage so-

The moment Kohaku was replaced by a plank of wood, Hanzou felt a jolt of panicked adrenaline surge through his veins. A controlled breath in and out helped to center him and keep his mind in the fight. Motion in the corner of his vision made Hanzou turn to see Kohaku about five meters away. With a jolt of chakra, his eyes changed in front of Kohaku, going from their usual brown-almost-black to brilliant purple, his pupils surrounded by circles flecked with four black slits: the Shōgō-zumi. Hanzou knew he could not sustain his doujutsu for long, but it just might be enough to save him from this jam.

With his eyes activated, everything around him felt just the slightest bit slower. Hanzou watched as Kohaku stomped his foot down and let loose a few shuriken. Jumping up with 7 Speed, Hanzou was able to avoid the binding formation but not the shuriken, which embedded itself into the muscle of his right thigh. Hanzou cried out and clenched his teeth against the pain. They had hurt each other during spars before, but this was something else.

Damn, Kohaku is really going all-out between this and how badly he sliced Nikkou.

As he fell back to the ground, Hanzou braced himself for the pain that was about to come. At the same time, he made a single hand seal: that of the Tiger, interlacing all his fingers but the indexes, which faced straight up. Hanzou landed ungracefully, sumbling as his thigh muscles tensed around the shuriken. Despite the pain making him see stars, Hanzou was forcing a smile onto his face, because he knew that whatever pain he was feeling, Kohaku was about to be feeling a lot worse. The moment he saw Hanzou’s seal – the moment Hanzou’s hands registered in Kohaku’s vision even for a moment – he would feel himself burst out in flames: the heat making him feel his skin blistering and melting.

Once he was certain Kohaku had seen the hand seal, Hanzou reached down and grabbed a kunai from his thigh holster, holding it in front of him with a reverse grip. I can still win this. It’s a long shot, but it’s a shot.
Jutsu UsedShow
Activated first stage Shōgō-zumi for +2 Speed (ends after this post). Used it to copy Binding Formation from Kohaku.

*[Genjutsu • Burning to Death]
C-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
This is a genjutsu technique which can be used in quite a few ways. The user forms a hand seal, and as long as the opponent(s) see it, then the genjutsu will begin. The user and the opponent(s) will both light on fire and start to burn, from the feet up to the head, in the opponent's mind. The opponent will normally start to panic and try to get rid of the fire, especially since they feel as if they were in actual pain. This genjutsu lasts for 4 posts and will not appear to be able to be extinguished, no matter what the victim does. The illusion is very static, in the sense that it doesn't change with the environment, it merely creates an illusory flame and pain.
Last edited by Drak on Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Nikkou walked over and picked up one of the senbon that had been thrown by Hanzou she took the the senbon placed it in her mouth, she made a number of handseals with her good hand then took the senbon out and held it so she could breath a stream of fire into it. She wasn’t much a fan of the Enkouten but they were gifted with fire and the forge, and that meant that whether she wanted to or not she was as well. With careful molding of heated chakra she made an eye for the needle. She then took wire from her hip pouch and threaded it through the needle. She then sewed it through her flesh and made a makeshift suture onto her shoulder. She closed the injury together, and would have to hope that her clavicle would hold up despite having been cut with a sword. She cut the thread and wound it up and tied the thread off in the suture. She tested her shoulder by moving it a little. The movement was limited and it was incredibly painful. She winced at the stinging sensation, and then looked over at Kohaku who she was absolutely pissed at. Fucker didn’t even wait until she was paying attention. What was she going to do about it? She wanted nothing more than to kick his ass, but being wounded like this she wouldn’t be able to handle it right now, so instead her rage festered and boiled. ”FUCK FUCK FUCK, I swear to the Kami I’m going to kick his ass! ” She grabbed her skateboard and slung it over her back and started plotting about how she would beat him up.

King of Cats

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 pm

Watching Hanzou jump back and dodge the Binding Formation Jutsu was impressive, and Kohaku was grinning when he saw his friend's eyes. Hanzou deserved respect. He was greatly skilled with his Shogo Zumi and Kohaku felt honored to fight his friend at his best.

With blood on the field, for the second time, Kohaku decided to attack. He charged forward with 10 Speed and began swinging his blade in his hand. The great sword swung around in circles as Kohaku closed the distance on his downed opponent, it's fearsome might evident in the elegant arcing of the blade. Kohaku looked to be truly talented with his sword as he charged his opponent, himself building inertia to swing his sword at Hanzou with all of his might.

As Kohaku got within two meters of Hanzou he noticed that the ninja had put up a hand sign. Kohaku readied himself for Hanzou's next move. Hanzou was a skilled Ninjutsu user, as well as a genjutsu specialist. Kohaku knew whatever the young adult had planned was sure to be interesting. As he lifted his blade high into the air to mercy his opponent, Kohaku didn't intend to butcher the team, Kohaku felt a sudden burning all over his body. The temperature around him sky rocketed and Kohaku couldn't explain it. He hesitated for an instant with the sword over his head, himself just noticing the flames that were scorching his flesh. Kohaku let out a yelp from the pain, and lowered his arms in a panic.

When Kohaku lowered his arms he saw that his clothes weren't on fire. Rather they weren't burning up. Kohaku knew his hoodie was flammable, he didn't believe in buying expensive clothes for village life. Finding that strange, Kohaku was briefly calmed down. His eyes were tearing from enduring the pain, but he quickly came to the conclusion he was under a genjutsu, and Kohaku felt a sigh of relief coming out of his lips. That didn't change the great pain he was experiencing though, and Kohaku knew he had to finish this battle quickly. He heaved his sword again at the air in front Hanzou, his flaming arm burning with agony. Kohaku held the tip of his fishbone blade to Hanzou's nose.

"Do you concede?" Kohaku's tears were streaming down his face and he could barely see through the tears. The suffering was nearly unbearable, but he could endure it for just a bit longer. He was about 2 meters from Hanzou, who was laying on the ground. Kohaku had nearly every advantage, but he could tell by the level of Hanzou's illusion that he wouldn't be able to endure the high level glamour much longer.

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 pm

Nikkou with a scowl on her face didn’t have to go far. Once she was ten meters away from Kohaku, she began to form the handseals. Despite the pain in her arm she pressed her hands together and formed the seals, through the pain from the injury from Kohaku. She didn’t care that she had already conceded she was going to take revenge for what Kohaku had done to her by taking advantage of her lack of attention. Katon • Fireball She drew in a deep sharp breath and held touched her thumb and index finger together to form a ring and exhaled, using her fingers to control the chakra and the direction of the fireball that she released that would mess up Kohaku’s supposed advantage. Only this fireball wasn’t a genjutsu. It was at 15 strength and 15 speed. After releasing the technique to its fullness she she would give an evil grin. She aimed it specifically at Kohaku and not at Hanzou. "Eat this Fucker!” She made a fist then flipped Kohaku off.

*Katon • Fireball
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user draws in a deep breath before exhaling out a 1 foot diameter fireball at the opponent. It travels up to 10 meters away at [Control] speed and strength.
Last edited by HotelBravo on Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drak

The Next Generation

Post by Drak » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 am

Hanzou’s nose recoiled at the scent of Kohaku’s phasmashiin sword, mere inches away from his face. He knew it was about how you used your weapon, not the size, but Hanzou couldn’t see any way that his kunai could counter Kohaku’s sword here. The one thing working in his favor here was that if Kohaku wanted to strike him with any force, he would need to move his blade first: up for a downward strike or back for a stab. The pain of the genjutsu was clearly taking a toll on Kohaku, but even with that he was in much better physical shape than Hanzou.

He had a plan, but with the sword right there, he might not be able to use it. Still, he was beginning to channel his chakra into his feet. He wasn’t quite sure of what he was doing, but his Shogo-zumi had shown him all the right steps, if not the theory behind them. Shit, even with this in my pocket I don’t know if I’ll be able to do much. Might be better to surrender now and save myself an ass whooping.

Out of the corner of his eye, Hanzou saw the bright yellow of Nikkou’s shirt limping over. He figured she was coming to get a closer view of the action until a flickering red orb replaced the yellow of her shirt at the edge of his vision. He took his eyes off Kohaku for just a moment, but long enough to see a fireball speeding towards them.

“Shit!” he shouted, doing his best to jump backwards, away from the swiftly-incoming flames. As he jumped, he made sure to really hit the ground with his right foot. The shuriken in his leg made him wince in pain as he fell back. Still, it was enough to hit Kohaku with one more jutsu, as chunks of rocks shot up at 8 Speed and Strength around Kohaku’s feet.

Yeah, he’s gonna beat my ass if this doesn’t work, but between the fake fire and the real fire I think he’s cooked.
Jutsu UsedShow
Copied from Kohaku:
*Doton • Binding Formation
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling doton chakra into their foot the user will slam the ground within 5 meters of a target's feet with their heel, causing a formation of rock to shoot upwards at [Control] speed binding the target's feet at [Control] strength

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

King of Cats

The Next Generation

Post by King of Cats » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:51 pm

Standing in front of Hanzou, Kohaku was suffering. The effect of the genjutsu was starting to get to him. He could feel himself getting ready to faint as he held his fishbone sword up at Hanzou, but Kohaku wasn't one to let victory slip out of his grasp if he could help it. The genin's hand started trembling as he held the seemingly flaming appendage up to threaten Hanzou.

When Hanzou's eye's turned to view Nikkou's vengeful fireball Kohaku looked too. He saw the fireball coming with plenty of time to duck underneath it. His body graciously contorted into a back bend to dodge the fireball. With just barely enough time to dodge, some of the heat from the fire caught his hoodie on fire. Kohaku assumed it to be just part of the illusion however, and he aimed to flip his legs over his head nimbly, but something was stopping him. It seemed that Hanzou was able to get in one last jutsu before he jumped out of the way and Kohaku's feet were binded to the ground. Face still upside down from the contortion, Kohaku looked at the ground to see what was stopping him. Once he figured out what it was that Hanzou had done, Kohaku torqued his leg muscles to jerk free from the binding with 10 Strength. Free at last, he flipped over and righted himself.

Spinning his blade in the air, Kohaku faced Hanzou. He had realized what Nikkou had done, but quite frankly he didn't consider her a threat. Glancing over to her Kohaku said, "Try this." Kohaku reassumed his attention on Hanzou. He was starting to get tired from all of this exertion, but he wasn't quite done yet.

Kohaku reached out his left arm toward Nikkou and channeled chakra into his Kiroshiin. The orange, sinewy organ crept out of his forearm through a hole, and snugly attached itself to Kohaku's arm. It looked like a fleshy spine, and along the sides of it were razor sharp blades. The kiroshiin coiled around Kohaku's arm for a moment, then he commanded it to leap forward. The shiin soared through the air at 10 Speed and Strength, 10 meters away, aiming for Nikkou.
OOCShow
*[Shinden • Stream Splitting]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A simple setup technique, the practitioner quickly and continuously spins their weapon in their hands, capable of switching their weapon between each hand if they wish. This technique can serve as a defense against projectiles and attacks, but its primary purpose is to set up the practitioner for their next attack or technique. Any attack or technique used after the practitioner uses this technique will be instantly launched at the practitioner's maximum Strength and Speed.

Basic Formation: Kiroshiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. The kiroshiin takes the form of a sinewy, orange cord with spines and razors on it. The kiroshiin has a Strength equal to user's Strength, and Speed equal to the user's Speed. It can be controlled up to [Endurance] meters from the user.
Last edited by King of Cats on Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotelBravo

The Next Generation

Post by HotelBravo » Wed May 01, 2024 11:48 pm

Nikkou watched in abject horror as some kind of orange tentacle sprouted out of Kohaku. It wiped the grin right off of her face. Man what was with this guy growing all kinds of weapons from his body. Was it even sanitary? Probably not. She’d need antibiotics or something. She backpedaled and formed a series of handseals and formed a Doton wall to block the tentacle. It made a snap sound as spines dug into the mud wall but otherwise kept her safe and secure. She jumped onto the top of the wall and cupped a hand to yell at him. ”Man! Just put your noodle away, nobody wants to see that!” It really did do a lot to discourage her though. If he was going to be continuing to use those weird internal organs to fight she didn’t want any further part of this. Next time though she would beat him up. She wouldn’t let him get the drop on her then, he had only won because she hadn’t been paying attention.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”