Slow days come and go.

Zero

Slow days come and go.

Post by Zero » Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Altair entered the Ougonjidai Restaurant. He took his usual seat, ordered his usual drink, and closed his eyes as he waited for it. His thoughts drifted as they usually would. Back to when he felt the chill of loneliness, the frost of death, the smoldering corpses. The waitress appeared by his table with his drink. Thankful for the interruption, he took it and silently promised to leave a good tip. He hated when it came over him like that. But who else did he have to rely on to help him forget that cold? His foster mother, Aina, wasn't always going to be by him. The thought of her dying day chilled him again, he took a drink to remind himself where he was, and when he was. Aina was alive. His mother wouldn't die for years to come. He thought about the Ninja Academy, the other students. He'd never even spoken to them, much less cared about them. Altair looked up, the place was quiet and nearly empty. A slow day for the restaurant.
Cleared

Yura

Slow days come and go.

Post by Yura » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Ronan wandered the streets of Iwa trying to find something to do. As he turned the corner onto another street, he spotted one of his favorite places in the village: The Oihonjidai Restaurant. I could go for some relaxation, he thought as he walked through the entrance of the restaurant. He looked around and noticed that most of the seats were open which was sort of a shock to Ronan. He scanned the room looking for the right spot to sit. To his far left was a small group of older men who seemed to be deep in discussion. Straight ahead of him, in the back of the restaurant, there seemed to be a young couple quietly talking to each other while tightly holding each others hands. I don't want to be anywhere near those two. Then off to his right he noticed some kid sitting by him self. Wait a second, he thought, I know that kid! He walked over to the young kid, stopping in front of the table. "Altair right?" he asked, trying not to be too rude, "Mind if i sit down?"

(OOC: Yeah i realized that i accidentally used the wrong name at first. I used Vivi's character's name for some reason. Don't know why. But i changed it so it is good now.)
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
SadakoGeninIwagakureTeam 13[color=#90D2D8]
Enkouten, MitsuoBanninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai[color=#ff2200]
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku[color=#fb8a00]
Takara, MorikoGeninIwagakure[color=#ffeb66]
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall[color=#8080ff]

Zero

Slow days come and go.

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:00 pm

((OOC: lol.))

The silent genin nodded. He raised his palm out of the booth to get the attention of a passing waitress. She came over to see what they needed. Altair tilted his head toward Ronan. He took a sip of the drink in front of him and tried to relax. Although it was hard to even look remotely relaxed when he always carried a tensed, angry, yet lonely air about him. His crimson eyes were uncommon in almost every way, not just the fact that little to nobody had crimson as an eye color. The couple in the back that were making out were starting to get a little rougher, the sudden twitch in Altair's right eye was only too obvious. If Ro laughed he wouldn't have blamed him. Yet still, Altair tried to hide it quicker than it had come. He took another sip and leaned back in his side of the booth.

((OOC: Sorry, Altair is pretty much the absolutely silent type. Only talking to those he considers a friend and a little hard to get through too))
Cleared

Yura

Slow days come and go.

Post by Yura » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Ronan sat down, taking the seat that was opposite Altair. When the waitress came over to see what they needed, Ronan decided to order one of his usual drinks. As the waitress walked away to get his drink, he noticed that the young couple was getting a little frisky. Oh great, he thought, just what i need to see as i try to relax. Ronan turned his head just in time to see Altair's reaction. He chuckled to himself as the waitress came over and dropped of his drink. "Thank you" he said to the waitress as she placed it in front of him and walked away. Ronan studied Altair for a moment. He knew from experience that he was the silent type, but when it came down to it, the kid was pretty good at fighting. Trying to make small talk, he asked "So what do you think of our team?" taking a sip from his drink.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Zero

Slow days come and go.

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:33 pm

Altair took his time thinking about the question. Thinking about the team, Ronan, Altair, Akira. It might be a strange combo, but they were probably a well rounded set of fighters. He only shrugged. To be honest, he'd never really thought about it. He'd have to fight alongside them a few more times to make a good judgment. The pair in the back were getting worse, this time the guy was copping a feel. Altair almost had a twitch again, this didn't happen because the girl suddenly told him to stop. His hearing caught what she said just barely, but she definitely told him not too. Instead the guy was getting worse. He'd not only got a feel of her breast but was now reaching under the table. Altair's eyes squinted as he glared at the guy. "Ronan." He whispered. "Look at the couple now. Closely. The guy looks like he's trying to molest her." The boy's voice was rough, but only a whisper even at normal tone. If anything it sounded more like air.

The couple was now practically fighting under their breaths. Altair gave Ro a straight look, one that obviously said 'I think it's time we interrupt". When the guy tried to feel her again she stood up and yelled that it was over between them. A small uncrowded place like this might just be an easy area for that guy to target, maybe he wouldn't if he knew that two young ninja were right down the aisle. Altair slid his right arm off the table and into the aisle, the cold and polished steel gauntlet on his right hand glinted in the dim light and cast a nice little glare into the guy's eyes. "Think you can do a little enforcement with a kunai or something? We don't need to bash him up, just instill a little fear. A close call or two might do the trick." Altair's crimson eyes glinted a little as he watched the unfair treatment go on. When the guy turned around to look at who flashed him in the eyes, Altair whispered something again. "Now."
Cleared

Yura

Slow days come and go.

Post by Yura » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Ronan wasn't very surprised when he didn't get a straight answer from Altair seeing as how the kid didn't talk much. Ronan watch the couple as well and he soon noticed just what Altair was talking about. "Sure" Ronan whispered back to Altair in response to his question, "Guys like that make me sick." With that he withdrew two kunai from their pouch. "Yo!" he called out to the guy as he threw the two kunai at him. The first one hit the wall beside his head, literally landing inches away from his face. The other one landed between the guys legs, dangerously close to his groin. The man looked to his left at the kunai in the wall and then at the one between his legs before looking back at Ronan and Altair with an obvious sign of fear. "What the hell was that for?" the man shouted as he stood up. By this point they obviously had caught the attention of the entire room as there were not that many people. Even the men in the corner had stopped talking and turned there attention to the man. "We just thought that it was about time you learned that no means no." Ronan replied. Upon hearing the answer the man seemed to become extremely angry. The woman that he was with tried to calm him down but he just pushed her out to the way as he grabbed the kunai out of the wall and headed toward the genin with it in an agressive manor. "Oh you don't want to do that." Ronan said to the man as he came towards them. Seeing that this guy wasn't going to backdown, Ronan turned to Altair and asked "You want him?"
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Zero

Slow days come and go.

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:38 pm

"I'd almost feel guilty about taking the fun away from you, but I'll take him out only because you offered." Altair spoke in a monotone voice like the one he'd had before. He kept a straight face all the while as well, if you consider a straight face the slight scowl that had been permanent on his face for a while. Altair stood up, easily parried the kunai that was meant for Ronan with a backhand swipe from his clawed gauntlet, and swiftly pulled out his knife with his left hand. The movement was quick, lenient, and yet all at the same time, resolute. In an instant Altair's quick speed had gotten him behind the man. The knife point was at the man's groin while Altair's claw gauntlet had it's index and middle claws an inch away from delving into the guy's spine. Once again he was silent, while the man had lost grip of Ronan's kunai he had been holding. Now it lay on the floor while he was at death's door.

Altair instead sheathed the knife, and pulled his claws away from his back. In trade for these, the genin thrust the sole of his shoe into the very center of the man's spine. The guy practically keeled over, unable to move due to the temporary paralysis caused when someone's spinal area is hit too hard. The boy then sat back down in his seat, sliding the kunai across the table back to Ronan. The other was still in the wall, why not leave a memory?
Cleared

Yura

Slow days come and go.

Post by Yura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:39 am

Ronan was enjoying himself as he watched Altair maneuver himself around the man. Within seconds the man was on the floor, unable to move. "Didn't i tell you that you didn't want to do that?" he said looking down at the man. Ronan grabbed his kunai that Altair had slid across the table to him and put it back in it's pouch. The man soon tried to get up but his legs were shaking, causing him to lose him balance multiple times. After the fifth time that the guy had failed to get up, Ronan got out of his seat and grabbed the man by the arm lifting him up onto his feet. Almost as soon as he was on his feet the guy tried to take a swing at Ronan. Ronan ducked and withdrew the same kunai that he had thrown at the man from it's pouch and held it up to the mans throat. "Now listen up." Ronan whispered into the mans ear, "Next time that a girl tells you no, leave it at that because if we see this from you again we won't give you as many chances as we gave you today." The mans face looked just the way that Ronan hoped it would look: Fearful. "Now get out of here!" He said as he pushed the man toward the door. The man stumbled all of the way to the door, where he stopped and said "I won't forget this!" before running out. Ronan sat down again, taking a sip from his drink, as the men in the corner gave him and Altair a small round of applause before going back to what they were talking about before. "Thank you." came a voice from the back of the room. Upon looking up, Ronan realized that it was the girl the man was with. She approached them and said "I didn't know how much of a creep that guy was until today. If it wasn't for you guys, i don't know what would have happened. How can i ever repay you guys?"

((OOC: I left the conversation open because i didn't know if Altair wanted to say anything to her.))
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Zero

Slow days come and go.

Post by Zero » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 am

Altair shook his head. A ninja's duty was always to fight for one's village. That included protecting its villagers. He stayed silent the whole time after the man ran out. Was it just him or had the man had a dark spot running down his leg on the way out? No big deal.

The boy then left payment for his and Ronan's bill's and walked out. He raised a hand behind him as he left. Anyone would know what it meant; 'catch ya later'. Right before he stepped out of the door he halted. Without turning around he said, "We should take a mission sometime." It was obviously directed at Ronan. He didn't know if the guy had heard it though. With that, Altair walked out calm and collected as he'd entered.
Cleared

Yura

Slow days come and go.

Post by Yura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Ronan watched as his teammate put some money on the table for the bill and walked out. Ronan heard him say something as he left and he was just able to make out what was said. "I Agree." he responded to Altair's statement as he watched him walk out of the restaurant. Ronan finished off his drink and then took some money of his own and placed it with Altair's to give a bigger tip to their waitress on this slow day. He then got up and walked out of the restaurant as well.

((OOC: So this thread is over right? Do we want to post it in the Non-Combat Points topic? I mean i don't think we would get that many points but they are still points.))
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Zero

Slow days come and go.

Post by Zero » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 pm

((OOC: I'll throw it in for the points.))
Cleared

Return to “Ougonjidai Restaurant”