Working for a Living

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

Working for a Living

Post by PureWillPower » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:35 pm

It was a normal day in Iwagakure no Sato. The sun had risen as it always did. The streets became alive just like very other day. today Namiyo had the morning shift at the restaurant. She had stayed on after returning to her shinobi duties, but only as part time help. The owner knew how the ninja world worked, she only worked around them for half of her life minimum. There were times shinobi weren't allowed to finish their meals before having to run. And with Namiyo as a medic, she would have to move quicker. But as a genin, she wasn't needed for the life and death stuff so a part time job while she awaited the return of her partner was fine and dandy.

Tying on her apron, she entered the store and went into the back to say hello, only to spot the freezer open. When she went over to close it, making sure the product didn't spoil, she saw one of her co-workers on the ground shivering. The cracked ice under her immediately suggested she fell. Rushing in with her chakra supporting her feet she pulled her out of the freezer and shut the door with a swift kick. Setting her of to the side she started to Drape her apron and some of the spare aprons around her to try and capture the body heat leaving her to warm up. Touching her cheek with her hand she could already tell that a lot of the heat had been brought to her core to keep her alive. How long was she down?

As she draped more fabric over her, the co-worker looked up to her. "Yoko....yama...-san...i...isn't there... some...ninja secret that could help?" Namiyo sat back on her knees and thought back. Warmth was some what of a Katon specialty. Just before she could say no, she remembered a lecture about temperature dangers and how the blood flow saves lives. She had to Open up the constricted blood vessels to allow more blood to rush through her and carry the heat of the chakra. Dealing with the sensitive network was tricky and she had never done it before. But this was just as real a danger as if they were in the field. Clapping her hands together she went through a few hand seals, moving her now chakra covered hands to her friends chest and stomach area. The warm chakra seeking out the chakra points. While she was finding the points, the temperature of her chakra began to fluctuate. This was part of the complicated part. It was easy to seek the points with her wide spread chakra flow, but the chakra entering her at the moment was ice cold. She closed her eyes and shut off the flow, not wanting to rob her of body heat. Sure, left alone in the room, eventually she would return to normal body temperature, but she was still shivering and shaking. Depending how long she was like this, her blood sugar could have shot up, she may have developed frostnip, or her organs may have developed some damage.

Not wanting to risk injuring her she started again. She started with small warm balls on her hand, trying to locate just a few entry points. Once found she slowly began sliding eh chakra into her. The warm chakra was unrestricting the blood vessels and allowing her blood to flow quicker to her extremities. This would carry warmth more quickly. Her hands slowly moved across her body, just a inch above her clothing as the chakra moves to the individual points and helped open up more. The warmth even getting to the frozen cells thawing them. However now she was noticing her friend sweating. Did she do it too fast? Breaking the chakra grip on her friend she helped her cool off by the simple method of taking her into the cooler. Not as cold as the freezer, it would take off the extra heat and help her get over the clearly amateur method of the kunoichi. "Thanks, Yokoyama-san. I don't know what I would have done without you."

Nami just blushed and sat her down on a box of cabbage. She placed her hand on the girl's cheek to keep a feel of her temperature. "You are welcome. I'm sorry I didn't stop it early enough to prevent you from over heating." Part of the risk with the jutsu is the chance of over heating the person. Sure someone with the Katon ability might be able to warm them up faster, or tell when their core tempurature was at just the right point to just be a little bit cold. However she was suiton. If someone was too hot she could douse them with water. Reduction of body heat through evaporation at it's easiest.

She just shook her head and stood up. "I'm fine now. I'm going to go take a break and just catch my breath ok?" Namiyo just smiled and nodded as she left. She had to knock this out in case this ever happened again. If it happened once, who knows how many times it will happen in the future. But how? This type of jutsu was kind of a one trick pony. Because it warmed up a person's interior chakra one couldn't heat a bowl of soup up with it. So the only real ay to practice it would be to have someone either in or on the verge of hypothermia. Then came the question. How would she know when she was doing it right? 'Excuse me cold shivering person. I'm new at this so can you tell me just before you become comfortable?' No medics are looked at and expected to know how to use thier techniques in the field. The only way to really know if it was going right or not is to have it done to yourself. Ding. Idea just appeared. She currently had a freezer. No one watching, and a desire to feel first hand the effects. This had all the makings of a disaster or the best on the field training idea ever. Walking into the freezer she closed the door and went into the back, sitting down on a box of frozen hamburger patties. And then, she waited. As the time clicked down she could already feel herself get colder. She was bringing herself down to hypothermia. Best way to know the right feel of the chakra was to know immediately when it got too hot. After ten minutes at sub-zero temperatures, her body was shivering all over. Knowing she had to do it now, she went into her hand seals though fumbled them. With a slower precision, she focused the warm chakra to her hands again. As she touched the chakra to her body she already felt it was too hot and focused on cooling it down slightly. Once comfortable, she moved them over feeling her chakra flow into her. Her veins opening carrying warmth to her shivering hands. Soon the warmth was too hot for her, that's when it dawned on her, Gradual cooling. So every so often, after about ten seconds, she would lower her chakra temperature a couple degrees before it got uncomfortable.

Soon she felt as if she had just entered the freezer. Standing up she felt her boots slide on the icy floor. She apparently used a lot of unneeded chakra getting the right feel for it. bracing herself on the shelves she walked back out of the door. She felt drained but the smile on her face was genuine. It had been a while since she learned a new technique, and it wasn't to save another ninja from stupidity, it was to help a co-worker and friend. Sitting down next to the girl from before she leaned back and looked to the clock. "Think they will mind us being a little late on the sugar settings?" As she leaned back and closed her eyes she could only think to herself. 'Ishiko. I know you are training hard. I hope to be on level for you when you return.' This day, was a good day, for now.
Characters made of PureWillP0wer
VillageNameRankRenownMissionsColor Code
Sakugu TsubumeGenin--FFE134
Taku YukoJounin200-008008

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

Working for a Living

Post by PureWillPower » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm

In the pleasent village of Iwagakure, there exist a training center for those who wish to practice medicine to help those in the field. But it is only open to the ninjas fo said village. today was a special lecture and class on a technique that one really couldn't leanr in the field, Netsu Teigen no Jutsu [Temperature Decrease Technique]. It is a C-Ranked Ninjutsu that helped the body naturally cool down from being too heated. Unlike it's antithesis, Netsu Zoukyou no jutsu, this wasn't done by creating cooling chakra. She had sat through the lecture on the basics before. However after the restaurant incident, she decided to learn it full out so she could help the cooks handle the heat.

Taking a seat in the room, she pulled out a notebook. She decided to leave her two pets at home so they didn't distract. the instructor was a Special Jounin who was always at the hospital. He was known for his prowess in triage. If he was there the emergency team was rarely overworked. "Ok class. Lets start by saying this technique is one that is rarely used but when used it can keep an entire army moving. It can even be dangerous if not watched. Instead of cooling the body yourself, your chakra will allow the body to cool itself down." Using the rat hand seal the wall scroll displayed an image of the human body. "As we all know. The chakra points are where your chakra will enter the body. You will need to work along the Cirulatory system and work on the Thermoregulatory System." Using the rat seal again, the image seperates into a picture of the chakra network and close ups of the skin. "This includes the Skin, the sweat glands, the blood vessels, and even the hair on thier skin."

Using the hand seal he brought up a picture of a shinobi using the technique. "Most body heat is generated in the deep organs, especially the liver, brain, and heart, and in contraction of skeletal muscles. As such the key points to place your hands to do this is at the head and stomach. this will allow you to cool down the vital areas quickly." Walking towards the desk he places his hands over the dummy ontop of it. "Many of you know how it feels when your chakra is brought into the human body. This is something you can only feel for yourself it really can't be explained. Now once your chakra is inside the first thing to do is to assist the sweat pours." Using the seal again the picture changed to a close up of sweat pores. "By opening these pores you can allow more sweat to be produced. This will assist in heat loss by evaporation. This can get rid of most of the body heat." Once against going to the seal, the picture changed to show the hair on the skin. One image wet, the other dry. "When you sweat the body hair will lay flat across the skin. thus trapping a layer of air between them. Using your chakra, you can relax tiny muscles called erector pili. By relaxing these, the hair will fall flat, wet or not. This will increase air flow next to the skin helping them lose heat by convection."

Using the seal one more time, he brought up an image of the chakra and cirulatory systems. "Finally. After those are done and they are still over heating we move into Ateriloes Vasodilation. This part takes the longest because it works on the smooth muscle in ateriole walls by relaxing them. this increases blood flow through said artery. With blood moving to the emtremities and superficial capillaires, this increases heat loss through both convection and conduction." Stepping away from the desk he looked through the students. "Now that you know what you have to do, there are some important things to remember. First your chakra is activating these otherwise natural processes. So they won't just shut down on their own. You must be quick with releasing your chakra from thier system. If they get too cool, their core tempurature will drop and you will end up using more chakra to warm them up. Medics seek to save lives first and foremost, but because we work out in the field with warriors to protect our village, we must also get them back on their feet as soon as possible."

With one final seal the image was left blank and he leaned back on the desk. "Because of the inherent dangers of this technique, you really can't practice it unless you absolutly have to. At first it will be slow. And that is good. You will always want them to cool down slowly. Too quickly and their body can enter shock. If you feel the need to practice it, volunteer at our hospital. we get at least three cases per day from the academy. With seasoned practioneers behind you you can be sure you won't risk the patient's life." With that he offered a smile and left the room through the side door.

Namiyo sat back in her chair reading through her notes. Hands in front of her with a small amount of chakra around them. She focused on it with closed eyes, feeling the chakra calm down. It wasn't cool but the instructor said it didn't need to be. She could feel the way it was flowing and how it reacted to her own body. Turning this off she read over her notes. 'Focus on the stomach and brain. Start with sweat increase, then lay the hairs flat, finally relax the arteries. Too quickly shock. Too much hypothermia.' this was alot to process but the class was good for her. She felt honestly ready if it ever came up in the restaurant. Lord knows they go through alot of heat in the kitchen.

Walking out of the room, she was stopped by the instuctor in the hallway. "Namiyo. I heard you work part time at Ougonjidai. If you like we have someone with a high fever from there right now. It's not life threatening but you can help her keep cool and practice a little. I'll watch from behind. She actually asked for you." She just nodded and followed to the room.

Inside was Yuri, her coworker that fell in the freezer. "Yuri. how are you feeling?"

"A little sick. I doubled over this morning. Guess I slept under too many comforters." The two giggled to each other before Nami patted her thigh. Going through her hand seals she took a deep breath and placed her chakra coated hands over Yuri's eyes and navel, two well known points of chakra. As the chakra flowed in she took a few moments to actually feel what her chakra was movignto. First step was to increase sweating. However she was already sweating. So skipping this point, she felt for the tiny muscles in her skin. These didn't relax like they should. Slowly she started to massage these muscles with her chakra. Even her fine hair was starting to relax. The hairs on her head even falling. When she heard a sigh of relif from her co worker she released her chakra. With a couple hand seals and touching the side, she filled it with her Water purification technique. Wetting a rag she rung out most of the water and folded it before laying it on her forehead, since just thinking created heat.

PureWillPower

Working for a Living

Post by PureWillPower » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:27 am

Problums just seemed to be all around the restaurant business. While hanging a "Special" banner from the rooftop, the ladder broke trapping one of the cooks on the roof about thirteen feet from the ground. The cook was near elderly and didn't want to risk jumping down from that height. Nami took a look at the situation. the roof was shaped in just a way where the tree climbing technique wouldn't get her up there. She remebered a rather mundane technique from Suiton class. though she never practiced it she remebered a little bit about it. Running to the side of the building, she went through her hand seals and gathered her Suiton chakra in her chest. With a deep breath she pointed her head to the ground and opened wide. This only caused a waterfall from her mouth. Not exactly helpful at the moment, but good to remeber when she had to water the plants.

As Yuri was coming around the corner, she saw Namiyo standing in a rather sizable puddle. "Nami. I know this is a little scary but I didn't realize it was that scary for a ninja." Nami just shot her a glance and went through her hand seals again. this time she took a deep breath and gathered up as much chakra as she could. With a deep and sudden enhale to the ground , a powerful jet of water shot out of her mouth and propelled the pink haired girl up and over the roof ledge, causing her to fall face first next to the cook. Dusting her self off she took a few breaths to regain herself. She then Walked over to the ledge and looked down to the others.

"You guys may want to move back so you don't get wet." She then signaled the cook over once they cleared to the side and told him to hold on tight. In her mind she was remebering what she went through to get up here. She needed to actually control this so the two of them didn't get injured. "Ok We are going to jump Just hold on to me tightly." With that word she felt her air get pushed out of her. "Not that tightly I will need breath for this." Going through her hand seals she took a deep breath, her chakra building and circulating within her chest. Holding her breath she leaped off the roof with the cook holding on for dear life. As they cleared the ledge, Nami expelled her jet and they seemed to hover for a second. Lowering the pressure they started to descend. The cook was a little relieved not to have just went thud on the ground. Soon the two had landed gently on the wet ground and Nami took a deep breath.

Return to “Ougonjidai Restaurant”