Tell me more!

CorgiBro

Tell me more!

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 am

The days had been cooling off from their previously murky and humid norms. Villagers seemed to be a little nicer to each other than earlier in the month, allowing for smoother business transactions and less brawl being broken out. Even the children decided that this weather was better than the weather that was given to them before and cheerfully played out in the streets, adding to the head count. Young Daisho took roamed the streets, but more so for business than for play. Through his teacher at the academy, he had managed to schedule a sit down with a recently promoted Chuunin in order to ask, or rather bombard, him with questions.

Eventually he found himself at the decided rendezvous point, the major restaurant within the village. Despite the fact that Daisho's father owned his own restaurant, even he couldn't argue against this place. Their food was spectacular, or so Daisho had heard. He had never actually eaten here before. It was almost as if he were betraying his father by even standing outside the place, but seeing as how he had invited a guest, he swallowed his pride and walked in.

Not being able to tell if the place was rustic, casual, formal or some new-age eatery, he found himself a waitstaff who found his reservation and guided him through the myriad of tables to a table of his own. Neglecting the strange look he got for being a small child in a large restaurant without adult supervision, Daisho looked too see if the clansman had already shown up. Seeing as how he was a bit early himself, he didn't fault the other, simply taking his seat and requesting two waters. The intention for the meeting was simple, Shoshiki Maru had taken the Chuunin Exams and Daisho wanted to take them soon himself. If anything this was going to be a one-sided question and answer session, but who knows what fate had in store for the two of them.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters
Ueretsu, NobuoGenin of Iwagakure no SatoMissionsSocials

Magma

Tell me more!

Post by Magma » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 am

Maru had been given an invite to meet someone at a restaurant. He didn't know who it was from, but he was curious. It was rare for him to get an invite from anyone other than Omoi. And she usually signs her name so he'd know. He shrugged, however, and put the invite in his pants pocket.

Coming up to the entrance, he looked inside to see if he recognized anyone. He saw no one he knew and grew more curious. Walking inside, he pulled out his invite and showed it to the person at the front desk. She nodded and smiled, leading him to his reserved table. He reached it and met a kid, very much younger than he was and blinked. Raising an eyebrow, he took a seat and saw two waters in front of him. Oh well. The least he could do was see what the kid wanted.

"Hello," he said, greeting the boy
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

CorgiBro

Tell me more!

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:29 am

As soon as he saw who he assumed to be Maru, he got up from the table and took a deep bow, wanting to start off by showing his utmost gratitude. Never really caring if his signs of admiration were embarrassing, Daisho kept the bow until he heard a hello come from his guest. Nearly as quickly as he got up from his chair, he whipped his head upward and flashed a bright smile to the young man. It took some restraint not to immediately bombard him with questions, figuring that it would be best for the both of them if he just sat down calmly and explained why Maru had been summoned here. Before he could say anything, he took a sip of his water, feeling the chill rush from his mouth to his throat before putting the glass down and beginning.

"Hi!" he started, sounding amazingly childish right off the bat. "My name is Takeda, Daisho and I asked my teacher at the academy to find me a Chuunin that had just taken the exams because I want to take the exams but I don't know what they're like so that's why I asked him to find you," he spewed, the first string of words coming faster than the flow of a waterfall. Most of the main things were highlighted by Daisho's cracking voice, adding unneeded emphasis at certain points. Requiring a deep sigh before his next trail of words, he took a breath, knowing that he would need to speak slower if he was to have any type of conversation with the Chuunin.

"Sorry," he started slowly, a red blush filling his face. "I just wanted to know what you know. How you knew you were ready for the Chuunin Exams and what they were like. I've always wanted to protect the village from everything and anything, but I don't want to fight if I'm not prepared." A sense of worry could be heard in his words, truly fearing that he would never be able to protect those in his village, or even worse, being unable to protect his family. Deciding that he should let his guest speak, he firmly asked, "How did you know when you were ready?" Forgetting to inform the young man that Daisho had already known his name.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Magma

Tell me more!

Post by Magma » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:10 am

First impression: this kid was loony.

Maru was already sick of him and it hasn't been five minutes. Well, the least he could do was answer the kid's questions. After all, the chuunin exam is hard. Very hard. And this kid would need to be prepared. Unlike Maru. After Daisho finally finished talking, Maru started to laugh. "Oh man. I was not ready for my exam, kid," Maru told him. "Not in the slightest. I actually had to retake it. Ha, I got destroyed." He took the water and took a sip out of it to stop his laughing fit. He then put it down and looked at Daisho seriously. "And listen to me. If you aren't ready, it will be hell." Maru sat back in his chair and crossed his arm. He gave the kid a small grin, hoping that didn't scare him too much. "Well, feel free to ask anything about it. I'll answer as best as i could."
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

CorgiBro

Tell me more!

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:24 am

The few words that the current chuunin spoke worried the young boy, stopping him mid-sip. Here he thought that he was soon to be well prepared, but there was no way that he could gauge his readiness without actually taking the exam. The only true facts that he knew about it were that you could take it in a group of up to three and it was against a current chuunin of the village. Although it sounded like a simple test, the way that Maru had talked about it sounded like it was something far more rigorous than he had originally anticipated.

Allowing that fact to sink in, Daisho started in the with questions. "Did you take the Chuunin Exams by yourself or with other people? And what kind of chuunin did you face?" he asked, feeling like he was interrogating a prisoner for answers. He was short of sitting on top of the table and taking notes, but he showed what restraint he had and just sat patiently awaiting his answer. The forewarning still spooked him a little bit, wondering if he too would have to retake the exams if he failed the first time, or if he would even pass.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Magma

Tell me more!

Post by Magma » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:24 pm

"I took the exam with other people," Maru started. "A medic, who also happens to be my girlfriend. And a friend who she knew." He grabbed his water and took a sip of it and placed it back down on the table. "I thought the exam would be easy with the three of us. But the chuunin we faced was tactical. He split us up for most of the match and picked us out one by one. We had to use teamwork to regroup and strike him together. In the end, I was the odd one out for falling for most of the traps. I almost didn't pass." He put his hand behind his head and rubs it a bit, feeling embarrassed. "But I was given a change to redeem myself and retook it alone. Now I'm a chuunin and I've never felt better."

He finally finished speaking and took another sip of water. He faced Daisho and smiled. "So what about you? Do you have a team in mind or you're gonna try soloing?"
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

CorgiBro

Tell me more!

Post by CorgiBro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am

Young Daisho was slightly taken aback when he was told that Maru had taken the exam with his significant other. Despite there being no imminent danger, there was an extra sense of worry that could've been detrimental to the outcome. Of course there was also the added sense of compassion and camaraderie that was built within them. He noted that as well as the heavy aspect of teamwork that was needed in order to succeed. There was so much he needed to learn before he took the exam, but Maru brought up a good point just as Daisho began sipping on his icy beverage. Would he be taking it alone or would he do it with a friend?

"I don't know really... I don't want to take it alone, but I don't know who I could take it with. I mean, I met another genin not too long ago. Naka-chan. I think her last name was Moshi. She's really powerful and can do weird things with wires and blood!" he exclaimed, speaking with his hands as well. He hadn't seen her in a bit, but he still remembers that very day that they met. The scar on his right hand had just healed up recently and left an inch long, near centimeter wide pinkish line. It was a testament to their bond together.

After his little flurry of words, he thought about what questions he should be asking his elder. Obviously things like strategy would be completely circumstantial and might not even apply depending on his opponent. Somehow his thoughts spanned from one to the other without reeling them back in and out of nowhere he asked, "Maru-san, have you ever killed anyone?"

It was an innocent enough thought. Daisho's whole purpose was to protect others from harm, but that in turn could mean dealing death to another person. Would he be able to do it? Could he take the life of another? Maru seemed like a calm and collected person, so perhaps he shared the lack of killing intent that Daisho did.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Magma

Tell me more!

Post by Magma » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:23 am

"Moshi?" Maru repeated. "Moshi... Moshi... Naka... Isn't that Reiha's friend?" Maru tapped his chin as he thought about it. He could have sworn he heard that name before. He shook his head, getting the thought out of it. "Nevermind," he said. "And no. I've never killed anyone. I almost did, however. Twice..." He thought back to his first dinner with Omoi. Then he thought about Reiyaku, Omoi's brother. Both were chuunin he fought while he was a genin. "They both were chuunin. And yet, the chuunin exam was still difficult." He looked back at Daisho, getting out of his trance. "Do you know our village Bannin, Sekitan Oushi?"
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

CorgiBro

Tell me more!

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Daisho nodded quickly as Maru mentioned Reiha. He had never actually met the girl that sent Naka into a bloodied frenzy, but he knew that he would be summoned one day to find her. The fact that the Chuunin knew the girl was no surprise, since a lot of the shinobi actually knew one another. He was just one of the newer ones with a smaller sphere of connections than others. His thoughts about the world and even the thoughts of death seemed to flutter away from his adolescent mind since they managed to switch subjects during the conversation.

"Oushi...," he thought to himself as he stroked his chin inquisitively. He truly couldn't pull a face from his memory, but he had heard the name before. Not wanting to sound stupid, but not wanting to lie either, Daisho finished his thought with, "No... I haven't really met that many people around the village. Especially the shinobi. Aside from Tobi-sempai and Naka-chan, you're the only other person I've met within the village."

His words contained a tinge of sadness, feeling like he should be interacting more with the people of his village. How was he going to protect them if he didn't know who they were? The thought was a frustrating one, but he figured that now he was getting to know Maru, so perhaps he could learn about some other people through him!

"What kind of person is Oushi-san? Is he really super strong and stuff?" he asked, not as eloquently as he could have.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Magma

Tell me more!

Post by Magma » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:15 pm

What kind of person was Oushi? Maru had only met him once and he was too scared to notice his face. "Uh..." Maru wasn't sure how to answer that one. And changing the subject would be rude. He figured he should just answer as best as he could. "Well, Oushi is scary. That's the first thing you should know. He's strict and serious most of the time. He's a bit of a softy when it comes to kids like you and me. But he doesn't have a sense of humor, so don't make jokes around him." Maru knew half of what he said wasn't completely true since he's never actually been with him long enough to figure out. "But he is a good teacher. He trained the chuunin I had to fight with Tobi and Omoi. He was horrible. As if blowing me up wasn't bad enough, he trapped me underground." Maru sighed and took a sip of his water. He noticed the waitress had been standing next to their table. He wasn't sure how long she was there for, but by the look on her face, he figured she heard everything he said about the Bannin.

"So, ready to eat?" Maru asked, smiling sheepishly.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

CorgiBro

Tell me more!

Post by CorgiBro » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Enthralled at the chuunin's description of the Bannin, Daisho listened intently, hoping to meet one of the village's most powerful ninja. Even though what Maru had said was somewhat terrifying in its own sense, especially the little morsel about him having trapped the Shoshiki member underground, his attitude was his overbearingly optimistic. He tried to focus on the good things that the young man had mentioned, but apparently that only gave him two things to look forward to and that was the fact that he took a liking to those of a younger generation, and the fact that he taught well. Otherwise he seemed like a grumpy old sourpuss, though Daisho would never actually say that aloud, let alone to his face.

"Oh. Right," he stuttered, completely forgetting that the two were in a restaurant. If he hadn't come in a little bit earlier, he wouldn't have had time to peruse through the menu. Not that it mattered; His father had sent him here to see if their main dish was able to stand up to the best dish on the Ougonjidai menu. It was extremely pricy, but apparently it was enough of a threat that his father gave him the money as an 'operational expense.' His father may not have been a shinobi, but he sure was cunning and devious.

"The Imperial Dinner please," he said without much hesitation. It was by far too much food for the young boy to ingest himself, but he had the intentions of boxing his leftovers anyways, or even sharing it with Maru if he wanted some. He was going to ask for a refill of water, but the waitress had been paying attention, having already brought two more glasses out for the both of them.

So there he sat quietly, awaiting Maru's order before bombarding him with more questions. Perhaps he had a question or two for the young genin that he had been meaning to ask, but it wasn't likely. Daisho had just become a genin, unknown to the village as a whole, but known by few as a person. One day he would climb the ranks, but for now he needed to work for it.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Magma

Tell me more!

Post by Magma » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:31 pm

(Bleh. Let's end this soon.)

Maru picked the menu up and began to scan it. He forgot to do that when he got here. He figured Daisho had been here early enough for him to answer so quickly. After looking at it, Maru put it down and looked up at the waitress with a smile, trying to look innocent. "I'll just have a glass plate of curry," Maru told her. He looked back at Daisho and nodded, not looking if she left. "So, even after all of this, do you think you're ready for the exam? Or do you think you need more time to prepare?"
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Return to “Ougonjidai Restaurant”