Provide Need; Not Greed

Zangy

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by Zangy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 am

While there were many lessons that the Librarian gave to Ginjiro, they varied by leaps and bounds compared to each other. Hell, yesterday he was mastering the beast inside of him.

Today?

He was going to Iwa to learn how to better 'fit in' with the locals.

Whatever that meant.

To the Jinchuuriki, however, that meant that this was a day off. He just had to spend the day in Iwa's mainland, rather than the clan compound. While the traveling took the most of the morning, mainly due to Ginjiro's own spell of laziness, he arrived just in time for the apparent lunch rush of the Ougonjidai Restaurant. He hadn't ever really been at this location before, but this was his first time being completely alone, without any of the Tenma Guards watching over him. There were rules and procedures, of course, that he had to follow, but they were relatively easy. While most were basic, such as not telling anyone his real name (duh), or telling people that he was a Jinchuuriki or a Tenma, a few others were not on him, due to the tracking fuuin that the Librarian personally placed on his flesh, out of sight.

Today, Ginjiro was not in his normal form. Having used the powers granted to him by Vorashu, the boy changed his form into a much more... normal form. While the Tenma were fine with almost any appearance, those outside of the clan were not. Horns, tails, and other such things were not the norm, and would instantly stick out. These, along with his Genma traits, would stick out like a sore thumb.

That was not the purpose of today.

Instead, the jinchuuriki had morphed his body into that of basically himself, just without this horns or tail showing. While anyone that saw his chakra would see the green shade leaking from him, that wasn't too much of a deal, considering that the Tenma guardians that had came with him explained to the Iwa guards at the gate what was happening. The Librarian's clearance was enough, especially since the chakra was very unharmful.

With his altered form, he had to change up a bit of his outfit. Normally, the Vorashu seal was open for any and all to see through his jacket, but today was not a day to show off, even for the Show Off Jinchuuriki. Having a white a-shirt under his jacket, he let the seal hide underneath it. It'd take someone to rub up against him to feel the scarred marks, and he didn't plan on any of that happening today.

As soon as Ginjiro entered the restaurant, he was partially surprised by all the people and the size of the establishment. While the Tenma was a rather large clan, it was nothing compared to Iwa as a whole. So many people that were so... normal.

Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

He was here to learn and study, spending the entire day in Iwa. First up, however, was food, and food he would have. Sitting down at the only empty table, Ginjiro waited for only a brief moment before water and a menu was given to him. Nodding, he looked over the menu, surprised at how different the two cultures really were.

(OOC: Kinda making it out so Ishi comes in too and sits at the same tableeeeeeeeee)
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

seiuchiblarg

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Restaurants always made him uneasy. All these people all around him, chatting, talking, like it was nothing, but that wasn't really the problem. He could deal with crowds, noise, groups, he supposed. It was the food. Each and every one of these people was just trusting a total stranger to prepare something they needed to survive, that if cooked improperly could infect them with death or worse. People smiling with every word exchanged over the chance to be poisoned, every bite a fresh toss of dice, and each sip a surrender to chance.

It was ridiculous. He knew it was. These people got paid not to kill people with their food, to ensure that it was both healthy and enjoyable. It wasn't their business to kill off the customer base. That would just slaughter the cash cow. But the power they had, and the willingness of these people to just give it to them like that -- to pay them to have that power... It was... He had no words for it. Stupid wasn't it, since all logic and intellect showed how dumb it would be of them to use that power for anything but what was expected... So foolish didn't apply either.

But still!

Regardless, it was why he was here. Noise and chatter and the clink and clank of metal chopsticks on plates and bowls surrounded him, and he knew that soon he'd be joining them. He was a shinobi. He'd given up any right to fear the moment he'd become a genin. Now there was just the conquering to do. Or the beginning it at least.

The place was packed fit to bursting, but he saw one table with only one person there, sitting quietly looking at a menu, occasionally glancing up, looking at the people around him. They almost seemed foreign to him, as if he'd not seen large groups of people before. Almost like he was looking over his shoulder, but not in a way to implied he felt threatened, exactly.

If nothing else, he'd make for interesting conversation.

Ishi sat across from him, bowing respectfully. He posed his question as he sat, being polite more than actually considering him. "Do you mind if I...?"
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Jesamin, SakakiKonohagakureJounin-[color=#ff34b3]
[color=3cc8800]Samata, Jiigo[/color][color=3cc8800]SunagakureGeninNefarious
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=#cc8800]Aoichio, Sensuke
KumogakureChuunin-[color=#CD4F39]Shirou, IrukaKirigakure
Genin-[color=#0080ab]Sakebi, IshiIwagakure
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by Zangy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Being very observant for his normal self, Ginjiro instantly noted the other male that started to talk to him, looking up to the ninja, it was a bit of a confrontational meeting. It wasn't because of any negative response or anything, but just a standard 'holy crap' mechanism. This guy was tall!

Well, taller than anyone else that Ginjiro had met in recent history. It wasn't to say that the Tenma were short, by any means, but they were pretty uniform in that one and single regard. Judging by the build, this guy partially reminded him of the old man that kept griping on him, only a bit smaller, if that was at all possible.

Taking a moment to size up his competition, Ikkou nodded, giving a slight motion for Ishi sit down. While it might not have been the 'correct' response, in the mainland of Iwa, there was only so much of their mannerisms that he knew of.

Then again, that was the entire reason that he had come here. But, of course, he did instantly mess that up by opening his mouth. Well, to anyone watching. It was perfectly natural for the boy, due to how close the Tenma were to each other, in at least that regard.

"It'd be fine, Ishi!" the special jounin said with a smile. While he had cheated a bit with his doujutsu, which was constantly active, like normal, it was part of the normal setting that he was used to, at least, in regards to the non-Tenma that he interacted with. "My name is Ikkou! Or, that's what I'm called by."

"I haven't been here in a long time, though, so I think I may need some help," he let on, giving a little moment's pause, putting his arm behind his head with a minor hint of embarassment. The Tenma restaurants were much more automated than this, and Ginjiro just wasn't used to it at all.
CodingsShow
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]

seiuchiblarg

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by seiuchiblarg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:15 pm

The other man welcomed Ishi with a smile, and the use of his name, which Ishi thought odd. He didn't look familiar at all, and Ishi was sure he hadn't introduced himself yet... It put him even more on edge. He settled in, adjusting and sidling a little to fit his massive form into the seat (he actually had to sit slightly sideways to allow for his legs.) He set his confusion aside as his new eating partner asked for a little help. Ishi wasn't sure what exactly you would need help with here, unless you needed a food taster, but he shrugged it off, giving the same gesture as a passive response that most people would have received as "if you need it, I guess."

He couldn't help but stare a little. He hadn't seen this guy before in his life, he was sure of it, and yet, the man sitting opposite him knew Ishi's name. He fidgeted a little, and then, finally, asked. "I'm... sorry. Have we met before?" He was looking at the man with genuine curiosity, trying to figure out how he could have learned Ishi's name. He actually felt a little guilty, not remembering him. They must have met somewhere before, if he knew... But where? Were they class mates? He looked to be about Ishi's age... He couldn't place it!

He'd almost convinced himself that he looked very familiar, and that, in fact, they HAD met somewhere and that his name was something like Doshi or something else ridiculous by the time he had finally asked. His mixture of confusion and curiosity was so intense, as a matter of fact, that it almost caused him to completely forget where he was, what he was about to do.

Almost.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by Zangy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 pm

A wave of realization passed over Ginjiro as he realized his mistake. Not being entirely used to the more mudane residents of Iwagakure no Sato or even Rock Country as a whole, some of the more mudane aspects of social situations were lost on the boy.

This was a perfect example.

Taking a few seconds to think, putting his left hand on his chin, he smiled, answering the question as simply as he could, "Nope!"

Realizing a split second later how awkward that was, Ginjiro went to fix it up as soon as he could.

"Well, not that I know of. I just have a good habit with knowing people's names when I see them." Maybe Ishi knew about the Tenma clan, and could tell that he was a member due to his odd eyes.

Maybe, maybe not.

That would be up to him to find out. If he did, it would be a fun diversion from the normal conversation, but if not, it would be something to surprise him later with, or something of that sort.

His mission, though, was partially clear. Ginjiro needed to interact with people not of the Tenma clan, and this guy would be a very good vehicle for that task.

"So, I'm kinda knew around here. It's been a year or so since I've been in a restaurant like this. How do you order?" With a slight head tilt, Ginjiro asked the question, partially embarassed by his ineptitude, but also annoyed that the eating establishment wasn't exactly like what he was used to back home. It was a slight culture clash, but not a huge one, yet.
CodingsShow

seiuchiblarg

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 pm

How do you order? Really? Well.... Okay, so maybe Ishi was only better at this than Ginjiro was because he'd been forced in here before on missions and the like. The stoic and passive expression became incredulous for a moment, and the returned to itself as Ishi decided to dismiss the ignorance. New here... Civilian then, most likely. Trader's boy or something of the like. Must have been fairly successful to be eating here -- or maybe he was planning a dine and dash. Either way, tonight was bound to be interesting at least.

"You have to pick what you want first." He reached to the inside of the table and plucked a pair of menus from a stand, fanning them apart slightly so as to offer one to the stranger before taking the other for himself. "After that, you can ask for service or wait." after the boy took his menu, Ishi opened up his own and had a look.

Sure, the things in there looked good. They didn't appear to be poisoned... The smells were fantastic, if he put his mind to thinking about it, and he knew, he knew they wouldn't really... He swallowed his fear, and tried to find something he could keep down. Maybe something that would be harder to poison than other dishes....?

Ugh, this wasn't helping at all!

"Where did you move in from?" He said it from behind the menu, not actively hiding his face but not at all objecting to the cover it offered. He was asking the question more to distract himself than anything, hoping the conversation could keep him calm as he tried this. It was out of character for him to be quite so chatty, but at this point, he was willing to try just about anything.

Anything but the food.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by Zangy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Each and every motion was caught up by Ginjiro's eyes, as he made sure to take everything into consideration. While it was partially because there was action in front of him, compared to the movements of the people around him, it was also a learning experience.

This was his job, however boring it was. With each motion, Ginjiro tried to copy it, being a bit more inept than Ishi was. It was pretty easy to tell that this was not normal for him in any way. Back in the Tenma compound, the entire process of ordering and getting food was without any sort of waiter, serviceperson, or anything else. It was all controlled by fuuin, like most of the clan's facilities.

It was for that very reason that the Librarian forced Ginjiro on this 'mission'. He had to learn how to deal with being away from fuuin, if even for a day.

As he started to read and inspect the menu, the other boy spoke up, leading Ginjiro to think for a second.

"Well, I'm not staying here. It's just a visit for a whole day. I have to learn how people do stuff here and all that. From what I was told, I'm too disconnected or something like that."

His tone was a bit playful, just like it normally was. Ginjiro wasn't one to blatantly lie, so doing it too often would cause him to easily and frequently mess up. That was another warning that was given to him. For now, though, he could be truthful, at least in part.

"I'm from a kinda small village just a mile from here." It wasn't a direct lie, but it wasn't a full truth, kind of hiding the exact name. If Ishi had paid attention to the geography lessons in the academy, he would probably know exactly what was being talked about, but that would depend on him, not Ginjiro.
CodingsShow

seiuchiblarg

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 pm

"Ah." Oh, now he understood. The kid was a Tenma. Ishi felt silly for not realizing it before, but only a total dullard wouldn't have gotten it by that point. Admittedly, he didn't exactly look demonic at the moment, but from what he had heard, the boy was definitely of the demonic bloodline. It was interesting to Ishi, who had always been curious about the bloodline and the people who used it. As one who dabbled just a touch in Fuuinjutsu himself, he picked up some common ground with the boy, and found himself able to pull his mind away from the poison that wasn't actually in the food he hadn't ordered yet.

He was quiet for a little bit.

"You don't look like the rest of your clan mates," he finally said, in a voice quiet enough to only have been heard by Ginjiro. He was in disguise or lying about who he was, there must have been a reason for that. Ishi was willing to sate his curiosity, but not to go so far as to blow his new comrade's cover. Was he just trying to blend in, or was there something more to it?
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by Zangy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm

(OOC: Now that Ginjiro's all done, we can continue on! His appearance did change some, but I don't think it alters how the thread would go at all, besides him looking his age, which wasn't brought up, I think. The closest would be the horns, which are coming up here.)
A minute of silence swept past the two as it was promptly interrupted by the taller boy. It was a bit faster than he was used to, but Ginjiro was pretty used to being recognized as a Tenma.

Of course, most of the representatives from the Compound to Iwa Proper were much older and skilled than him, which meant more and more demonic traits, compared to his lowly three.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm not that old to be completely like them. See?" he explained, putting his hand up to his forehead and pushing back his hair, revealing the short and stubby horns that protruded out of his head. They were quite easy to miss, especially with Ginjiro's hair completely obscuring them.

"I also have this," Ikkou once again exclaimed, letting his tail peak up from the table, before wrapping it around his waist once more.

"They're not too exciting or drastic, though, letting me easily slip in and out from being noticed."

It was true. While other Tenma were instantly noted and feared, or shunned, Ginjiro had the privilege of easily looking like a normal ninja.

"What about you? Are you from a clan?" It was one of Ginjiro's weak points. With all the studying and seclusion in the Tenma Compound, he only slightly knew the clans of Iwa by name and only partially by ability, nothing more. Identifying traits were completely out of the window, especially for those that weren't as obvious as a doujutsu, like his own.
CodingsShow

Zangy

Provide Need; Not Greed

Post by Zangy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:21 pm

(OOC: Blarg left, so ditching this. :( )
CodingsShow

Return to “Ougonjidai Restaurant”