[Social] Breaking bills

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 pm

((That's it, my convension: participants in a social are Aimi and Hoten))

"Shatter," muttered Shoshiki, Hoten. Hoten stared at the basin filled with blasted dishes. A mournful expression overcame the boy. He almost wanted to throw all of the dishes onto the pavement. The story of why he was standing behind the village's most popular restaurant staring at a tub of filthy dishes and had the exclusive obligation to wash them all.

"Why! That isn't at all how you do it boy!" His grandfather had once shouted after him. Exactly one day ago he and his grandfather were practicing his glass element creations. Hoten's training was suppose to allow him a greater range of glass formed objects. From weapons to bowls to sculptures. However the poor Shoshiki could not manage anything. The were made just fine, according to his own pathetic standards. To his grandfather they were 'flawed and cheap beyond the standards of what a common slave coulf manage.' The old man did not appreciate his comment, 'well yeah they're cheap, it sort of cost nothing to make, plus I think the market for glass is pretty weak now-a-days.'

To his retort the old master - Shoshiki, Getsuyan - replied, 'Oh, well i must teach you the value of properly made glass. Maybe that will make it clear to you that glass made by our clan must always be greater than any abysmal creation of a common artisan. You young one, will immediately go and work under my associates of Ougonjidai Restaurant as their first class dishwasher! I've already made the preparations!"

"What!? You crazy old man, you planned this all along!?" Responded Hoten, and to this accusation his grandfather gave him a sinister sadistic grin.

This thought did not sit well with the boy. Hoten could not now think of a single way he could learn anything from this sort of work. That was it! He could not resort to this. He did not need the lesson nor did he need the money.

"Shatter!" He exclaimed in fustration. He did feel hungry, maybe he needed some food.

(( So yeah u can either come from the front or the back, either way i can meet u))
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Hugging was too personal for the Tanaka family, at least in the public eye. A bow for each member and her parents were again heading off for a mission. She supposed that she should be grateful they were still so active as it allowed her great opportunity to learn. She would never say so but saying goodbye all the time was still hard. She always got a nice meal out of but she would rather have her parents stick around for longer'n a day or two. She was supposed to go home immediately but it was all a pretense. They didn't really care that she went home or not but it only made sense to give the instructions.

She looked around, wondering what to occupy herself when she heard someone shouting back behind the restaurant. That was never a good sign and she would never forgive herself if she didn't check it out to make sure everything was okay. It was a short walk to the other side of the restaurant but what greeted her eyes was not at all near what she was expecting.

A woman being robbed, someone having lost something, even someone having a baby had seemed more likely than a boy yelling at a container full of dishes to shatter. She knew of a lot of ways to break a dish but her voice certainly wasn't one of them. She could easily continue on her way and leave the boy on his own, but her curiosity had kicked in and she had to know the story.

"Do you always try to do the dishes this way? It doesn't seem as effective as the old fashioned way..."
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Hoten grumbled at the container. Half of him wanted for them all to just break. The other half was far too afraid of what might happen if he did. His grandfather would unleash a horrible punishment. He may be banned from the restaurant. Heck he could even bring shame upon the entire clan. Though he doubted the last possibility. Hoten let out a sigh but it turned into a yelp half way out.

There was a person behind him. A girl? In his griping he did not even think to keep his guard and someone snuck up on him. He would think that in a village full of ninja some people would learn to be less subtle with their entrances. Hoten whipped his head around, his gray eyes scanned this being. Quickly his mind went through a checklist.

Is she an iwa ninja? Yes. Is she from his clan? No. Is she from any clan he knew of? No. Does he know her? No has he ever seen her before? No. Yep Hoten already liked her.

Her remake did have him a bit stumped though. She knew he was shouting at dishes and probably thought him insane. Scratch that, she knew he was insane. "Shatter, grandfather caused this" he thought quickly. "Er no, just when I'd rather be doing anything else." His response was strange but he couldn't think of anything else. Subconsciously he ran his hand through his messy brown-blond hair.

Suddenly one of the chefs walked out of the back door. A thickman who clearly took this job for the love of food. Carrying several whole pans filled with more dirty dishes he set them on the stone floor next to Hoten's first basin. "I thought you clansmen were more efficient workers than this." He spoke realising Hoten had not touched any dishes at all. "Ninjas are so overrated," he added before disappearing back into the building.

"But tell me," said Hoten to this girl, "given the option, which way would you rather?" That pile of dishes seemed far too impossible to finish.
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 am

Oh, he was funny. She didn't really think he meant to be funny though that seemed to be besides the point. The small smile didn't allude to the amusement she felt inside but he didn't need to know that. She strolled closer to the boy when someone walked out of the restaurant causing her to step back again, out of sight of the new appearance. Her amusement grew when she realized that the fellow ninja was being required to do such a chore. Not by choice, she could only assume judging by the fact he seemed most unhappy to be in the situation. She supposed she should leave him be. No sense in getting an in trouble boy in more trouble by distracting him from his job or punishment whatever it was. About to nod and excuse herself, the boy spoke again.

"Well," she said, walking within arms reach of the boy. "That would fully depend on what the goal was. I don't doubt that breaking all of the restaurants dishes isn't why you're here. It might appear more satisfying in the now but in all honesty what would it gain for you in the end?" She ran her hand through her hair, mussing it up and pushing it away from her face. She squatted down next to the young man and scrutinized the large pile of dishes before him. There weren't honestly that many dishes He seemed to just be rather upset at the entire prospect and unable to get started. Oh, the feeling of obligation to help a fellow ninja were simply too overwhelming.

"Tell you what, I'll keep you entertained while you work. You can start with telling me why you're out here doing dishes to begin with."
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:24 am

Hoten's eyebrow rose and a grin formed on his face. "Appear satisfying?" He mused. He felt satisfaction for just the thought of breaking all of these dishes and fleeing the scene. But that was poor judgement. Even the girl recognised his desire to let the impulse overcome. She responsibly was trying to prevent this. Either way he could not do it now, with a witness. But he could still dream.

She came closer and stared down at his labour. Would she help? Or better yet to it for him. Wishful thinking but sadly that was all it was. She did purpose to help him though. Thinking it over he agreed with a smile. Hoten crouched down to her level. "Fine, my names Hoten, Shoshiki Hoten first of all." He figured he would at least extend basic manners now that it seemed his day would be spent with the girl and a pile of dishes.

Lifting his feet from beneath him he sat on the stone littered ground. There was a barrel of water that had a twist-open tab not too far from him. He thought about his story while reaching out and opening the tap and letting the clean water flow out. He could say his grandfather, dissatisfyed with Hoten's preformance sent him to wash dishes as a cruel punishment but that seemed boring and would be over way too quick. He didn't particularly enjoy attention but it wasn't everyday that he had a strange girl listening to him. To ensure that both he and his audiance was happy with the sorry.

Smiling slyly he began. "It all started yesterday, while I was practicing some of my basic jutsu. Nothing special really but my... Trainer decided it best to issue a challenge." Hoten with-held the bit about his grandfather being his trainer. It just did not seem all tha great. "I had to preform 20 sucessive ninjutsu, otherwaise pay the price. To top it off I had to do it whilst being attacked by my trainer who was an expert ninja. . !" His story wasn't really a lie just refurbished to a more exciting degree. Looking down he noticed that he already finished three plates.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Nodding, Aimi slid down the wall, crossing her legs underneath her so she could watch Hoten do his duties. She felt maybe she should help but there was no telling what the rules of his punishment were and she didn't want to get in trouble with any higher powers. But she decided that there was no way either of them would or could get in trouble if she kept him company. She pulled her knees up to her chest and crossed her arms on the tops of her knees. Resting her cheek on her forearms, she listened to the story told by Hoten, questioning the validity of the story but not willing to burst his bubble.

Then again, maybe lying is what got him in trouble in the first time. She should probably get him to tell her the truth. After all if she was going to sit there she might as well do some good, she reasoned with herself. She blinked slowly as Hotel told his story and smiled softly as he finished. It was a question of making him squirm or calling him an outright liar. And there was no fun in handing someone the answer or the out.

"You can call me Aimi," she started with, returning the basic manners. "That's quite the story, Hoten. My trainers are never so...tough. What were all these Jutsu you were supposed to be performing now?" Whether he owned up or not he was at least starting to get to work, albeit slowly. He was going to have to pick up the pace if he wanted to be done before dusk.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Hoten had heard her name. Repeating it quickly in his head he memorized it. His gray eyes stared at the rest of the dishes he plunged his hands into the basin to retrieve another plate or glass or utensil. He plunged his catch into the soapy water and continued work. He stopped only to glance at the girl sitting comfortably next to him. The question was innocently posed, but Hoten couldn't help shake the feeling of malicious intent. After being with his horrible grandfather for so long he had added a way to sense it.

A gullable smile came across his face. "That's the meat of the story Aimi-san!" He finished that one glass and plunged for another. "You see I am a member of the Shoshiki clan and use numerous glass element jutsu." It wasn't his intension but some could have heard bragging in his tone. "First up a used a jutsu that protected myself from the effects of hot glass. Quickly I went into the next one that would allow me to form my first weapon but my gr - err trainer already had me figured out. Being from the same clan and all. His counter jutsu was this tremour creation technique see." Hoten knew that as a member of the earth country she would be familiar with such events. "The ground shook madly and I was thrown off balance, but of course the jutsu was contained within our area." He had finished a few more.

"I was forced to my knees to maintain balance but it was difficult. Even though I had such a thing against me I managed to complete my second jutsu; a glass kunai." He continued excitingly as to not lose her attention. Of course it occured to him that this girl was not a clansman and could very possibly be a spy. His grandfather would skewer him if he knew he was informing an outsider of the clan's jutsu. Then again, the clan was well known and the jutsu he mentioned were basic that anyone whoes been out should be aware of. Hardly a problem. Plus he was already a quarter done.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Her head nodded slowly along with Hoten's voice as he continued weaving his tale. At least he was doing his work and hey, if he wanted to exaggerate a little bit who was she to tell him she couldn't. She did wonder just how far he would go though. As he got near the end of his story, she allowed her mouth to fall open in mock suspense, though he wouldn't be able to see the mock in it. She considered momentarily covering her mouth with her hand but that seemed like it might be taking it one step too far. She was mildly curious about his clan though. Forming and shaping glass seemed more interesting than anything she was capable of. The grass is always greener though and she had soon shaken off any creeping feelings of inadequacies.

Her eyes growing sleeping in the dark alleyway, she lifted her head straight up and studied Hoten while she thought of how to respond to his story. He was not a poor worker as she had thought at first he was merely slow to start. But he couldn't necessarily be faulted for that. He hadn't asked to be there in the first place and it really hadn't taken much to get him to start working. Saving Iwa one clean dish at a time, she thought to herself, causing herself to chuckle and bury her head into her forearms, hiding her face.

She looked back up, her eyes less accusing and more amused than anything. She threw her head back gently, looking up at the space between the two buildings, the sliver of sky that showed through was a beautiful blue-grey. If she could, she would free Hoten from his job and go enjoy the day but sadly that was not her place. The most she could do was stay in the alleyway and continue to keep him company. Finally she looked back to him and asked, "Really now, is that all that happened?" She blinked slowly, smiling just slightly. "It sounds like you have a lot more fun training than I do, she said softly, biting at her lip to keep from laughing.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm

"Ha, you certainly are a strange girl if that sounds like fun to you," Hoten mused.

"But yeah, thats just the beginning!" He continued his story and grabbed a few more dishes. He could not help but notice the position of the sun. It was getting later than he wanted it to be and he should maybe hurry as to allow this girl to get home. He certainly did not think himself much of a gentleman but as a proper shinobi he had to act responsibly. Of course, he could always chase her away with some excuse but to be completely honest he would rather her there with him.

By his willpower he had to work faster. "So once I had the kunai made I charged after my trainer. It was my only weapon, and the chilling smoothness was my only ally. Immediately my trainer managed to neutralise my attack though. Knowing that my own kunai was made of glass he pulled forth his own metal one. There was no escaping it; a glass duplicate could never beat its metal Original. With the thrust of my kunai his own came and with that clash my weapon was gone. Ka-dessh!" The sound effect was completely from his own expirience with the situation. Whether or not this happened, the scenerio certainly had. "Just like that my one weapon was shattered into a million tiny bit. Shards and bit flew through the air and cut us both. Using the chance I retreated from close combat but still was clutching the handle firmly in my grasp."

Hoten spoke and at the same time dived for numerous dishes. Abandoning his previous strategy of grabbing one thing at a time. Soon the container filled with soap was also filled with plates and cups and equippment of all sorts of materials. All waiting to be snatched up and be given a speedy washing.

"I had to do something to follow up," he considered using another of his clan's jutsu but decided against it, "my clone jutsu!" More dishes were added to the finished pile. As his story accelerated so did his work effort. "Quickly I threw my hands into action and three clone bodies were produced. With my cammand they all scattered and surrounded my trainer. There was no escape for the old man." Hoten let that bit slip unintensionally, but there was no taking it back. "Just like that we all leaped for him, hoping to slow him down so that the real one - me - could deal a final few jutsu. It didn't work."

He snuck a look at his one woman audience to guage her response. If she was not excited so near to the peak of his epic he had to step it up. "The man went into a frenzy of hand movements." Hoten momentarily lifted his soap gloved hands to show her a rough immitation of the supposed handseals. "Not ending his Doton fueled assult he performed this jutsu that created clones of pure stone and dirt. Like new born babies they popped out of the earth and went on the offensive. Two of them. With a single cammand they dispatched all of my clones and intercepted my assult. Of course, since I was only using a basic clone jutsu little else could have happened." That last part was to added to just save face. He did not need this girl thinking his jutsu were weak or anything.

He was already done with more than half. Checking the sun's position he figured he should be done before it was too late. He smiled at his companion.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Mm, strange yes. It certainly wasn't the first time Aimi had been called strange or some other word with the same meaning. However, it didn't seem like an insult coming from her dish washing friend. She glanced around herself to try to find a place to lie but there was nothing that seemed comfy enough. Examining the ground she weighed the pros and cons of lying on the cold probably very dirty ground. Sure, she could stretch out a little more but there was a good chance that she would end up with a very unpleasant substance on her clothes. It didn't take long to decide it wasn't worth it. She made herself as comfortable as she could by slipping her vest off and using it as a pillow against the wall behind her.

She had gone from being skeptical and slightly annoyed by the made up story to entirely enthralled. Whether it was true or not, he was telling a good story and she wanted to know how it ended. She wasn't even paying attention to the dishes or the time of day anymore, they didn't matter. She was enjoying the simple things in a back alleyway behind a restaurant and she didn't want to be anywhere else. Her facial expressions were no longer conscious and she allowed herself to be swept into the story because really, that was the only way to truly enjoy it. Absolutely riveted, she drew her knees close to her chest again, hugging them to her with her chin on her knees as she payed undivided attention to Hoten save for the splashes of soapy water she had to fend off when his washing got a little too enthusiastic.

It was a brief moment that he slipped and let a bit of truth show through. Old man? It was nothing to poke at or halt the story for but she had to wonder who the old man was that was doing such enthusiastic training. She couldn't help but laugh though as he threw up his hands, loads of suds coming with his hands, to mock the hand seals from the story. She wiped the suds off of her face as he neared another break in his story. She took note of the dishes that had been finished and was surprised to see he was so close to being done.

"Hoten, you sure do know how to tell a story. I hope you're not done yet though?" He wasn't quite done with his job but Aimi wasn't ready to open up and share any of her own stories just yet.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 am

Hoten stole a glance at his companion. She had removed her vest and used it as a pseudo-sheet to protect her from getting dirty. She was getting comfortable. That could have meant several things to the young Shoshiki. He however decided it best not to probe something so simple. Instead he figured he would continue.

His gray eyes narrowed upon an oily frying-pan, a burnt bot, and a scratched Green tray. This would be his greatest rivals. Not his grandfather's exessively sadistic training or his attempt at making a grand story no it would be this obstacle in front of him. This would mean his defeat or victory and by the power of his unbreakable will he would succeed! Eyes alight with forceful desire to suceed he charged forth. Aimi's insistance to continue the story only fueled him more.

"Well~" he began and grabbed the pan. Dropping the pan in the soapy water he continued, "my trainer's clones were tought but I was even tougher." Hoten smiled at her, that was intensionally boastful. "They both rushed me, it was no suprise that my trainer hung back and watched like some sort of regal antagonist. If I wanted to get to him I new I had to get past his body guards!" Hoten was vigorously scrubbing the pan all the ehile talking. "So I deployed my. . ." He removed his hands from the basin to count on his fingers, "fourth jutsu?"

Momentarily he remembered that he already set a rule for himself to use twenty jutsu. He only completed four. . .

"Immediately my hands went to work with my next jutsu. From the left came the first clone, the clone swooped down on me with a kunai in hand. What it was made out of I had to get away. I immediately ducked, but the other came ontop of me, I was trapped! But really neither of the really stood a chance. The first struck me whilst I was corner - as far as it believed. POOF!" He suddenly shouted to mimic the smoke released by a substituation. "All they saw was a boulder caught between them, meanwhile I was hiding behind a nearby fixture and jumped out. With my broken kunai I stabbed both of them berfore either could have reacted. Sure my weapon was broken beyond recognition because of it but both were defeated."

He grabbed the other tray and pot and worked against both of them, sort of like him working against those clones at the same time. He continued to scrub and tell his story.

"With this momentum I charged for my next jutsu; the monster reflection!" One of his genjutsu that that could only be enabled using the disposition of a Shoshiki. He did not expect Aimi to know what it was but understand what he meant with the name but he figured it would add to the suspense. . .
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm

The look in his eyes as he began washing the harder dishes told Aimi that this was someone who was theatrical in most things they did, not only in storytelling. He was mesmerizing, really, though she would never admit it. His story was no less intense though she wondered how long it would take him to get through the twenty jutsu he supposedly used. She was keeping count and he hadn't made it very far. His story was lulling her into a place of quietness. Not sleep and she hoped he wouldn't assume she was sleeping when her eyes closed a soft smile upon her face as his voice drifted around her.

The thought crossed her mind that if she helped him finish they could probably go get a treat before it was too late. Hopefully, the workers inside were doing the rest of the dishes and wouldn't be bringing any more for him to do. It would be pretty good if he finished the dishes before his story. She opened one eye slowly and looked over at him, waiting for a break in his story. "Didja want some help finishing those up?" She didn't really want to move but she would if he asked. After all, he was the one doing all the work while she just sat there and listened to his story.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am

Hoten noticed the girl next to him becoming increasingly comfortable. She was actually quite cute as she laid there, and he could not help but smile. Hoten focused on what would happen next. This whole time he was playing by the second. That was how he always played, however he was starting to run out of ideas. The jutsu he was intending to be telling her about was one of his downfalls. He seriously considered refreshing it to bring him out as the hero.

Then he remembered how the story would end. She knew he was being punished for what happened in his story. That is to say, he failed. Hoten's smiled died out for a second. He had watched at least fifty Jakki Chung adventures and Stand Less epics. He knew nearly every action movie ever made and not one had the protagonist fail. Then again, he wasn't pitching her a movie, he was retelling his pathetic story. Not telling her what went wrong would cause trouble and make his story even more fishy than it was already. He sucked up his incompetence. He was about to continue when she spoke.

He pondered this for a moment. "No need. It's my punishment, I will bear my own burdens."

He spoke like a true protagonist. Righteous and stubborn. Why did he do something so stupid!? She offered to help him, and he turned her down? He did not even want to do it in the first place. She could have helped him move faster. Idiot!

Now was too late he had to stick by his word, but he wanted to way one last thing on the matter. "To be unbreakable; mind, body, and spirit. That is my nindo, my ninja way," he spoke softly as if it was intimate for only their ears, "If I can't work a few dishes by myself, how am I suppose to remain unbreakable in the field?" He smiled at her. Hopefully she would understand.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 am

He did have an ego, Aimi decided, but it was a pretty good size. He didn't want her to help him and that was fine, at least he had a reason and wasn't just being a typical stubborn man. To be unbreakable though, that was a huge goal. She never thought of being unbreakable as long as she was always fixable. But to never have to worry about that, it was a nice dream and one that she thought about while she laid against the wall. He had decline her offer and it was interesting. She didn't offer her assistance much but being refused to do dishes didn't seem like something to bother complaining about.

She was tempted to find a way to block the door out from the kitchen. They were so close now to being done and all they needed was for them to barge out with another huge bucket of dishes. There was one way they can ensure it would happen. But, she wasn't the one who would get in trouble, he was. Because of this it would be his call on what he wanted to but smelling the food from inside the restaurant was tempting her taste buds.

"Hey...Hoten...what were the exact rules of your punishment here..." she asked quietly, making sure to not draw attention from inside the walls of the restaurant. "Any reason we can't run off when you're done with those dishes?"
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Hoten was feeling semi proud of himself, semi sickened by himself. To be so stubborn and stupid in the face of help. What ever. His gray eyes returned to the little remainder. It would not take too long, so long as the chef didn't walk out with more dishes. That could happen any second however which caused anxiety to build within the boy. He did not realyy now whether he just had to do the set he had or whether he had to continue to wash until the end of the night. That thought terrified him. He could see the skin on his arms become paler.

Hoten heard her speak and his heart leap. She caught on to his thoughts and seemed to worry as well. Hoten did not look at her at first. Instead his gaze was cast on his few remainder. He began to think: what would Jakki chung do? He would just throw the basin filled with dishes over the main wall. That was a bit much.

The smell of the food seeped through the walls to his nose. That meant dishes would be in use soon enough. Hoten could only think that he had to get finished fast. "I had to wash these," he began and started to recall why exactly he had to do it, "to learn a lesson. . ." Hoten began to think. He lifted a glass from the soapy water and felt it. The glass was cool and smooth, shiny and delicate. A master piece in of itself really. He smiled at her and stood to his feat.

"I had to learn the lesson of the difference between my glass and any other." He beamed. He had an idea.

The boy started a string of handsigns. The Doton and Raiton signs could have been seen in the process. His jutsu was a fusion release: Garaton. He crouched down to the. Basin and lifted all of the glasses out. Five glass cups and three glass plates.

"Oh yeah, I was thinking about doing this earlier." He said and tapped the glass with his index finger. Cracks appeared in the cup and it quickly feel apart in shards. With a few more taps each of them fell apart with ease. That was the effect of the Shoshiki's [break]. That wasn't all, he quikcly continued his string of handsigns and used another jutsu. Hoten held his hands to his mouth and spat out a wad of silvery a silvery substance. Understanding that what he was doing must have seemed strange to the girl he said, "dont worry, molten glass." He wasn't sure whether that helped or not but he continued.

After a few odd minutes and a few spittings of the silvery glass Hoten presented his finished product. Five well made glass cubs and three glass plates. Equally as beautiful as what he destroyed.

He smiled at her, "dont worry, that was sanitary, the glass was superhot, molten." He chuckled. "Now what exacrly did you have in mind?"

((Im not entirely sure how [make] applies to non kunai objects but ehh, also since im here, sorry for all those typos it's disgraceful >_>))
jutsuuuuuuuShow
~[Glass Element • Break]
E-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming a one handed seal and touching a piece of glass, the user will cause the glass to shatter, falling to the ground in shards. This cannot be used on another clan member's glass.

~[Glass Element • Protection]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Because of their bloodline, users of Garaton must handle molten glass both in their hands, and in their mouth. Because of many generations of doing so, the clan has developed a way to keep their own molten glass from harming them. This only works on D-rank molten glass, but also protects the user from being cut by glass of any form.

~[Glass Element • Make]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals and flooding their mouth with chakra, the user will begin to create molten glass. The glass may then be spit out and formed over the next post as it cools and hardens. This technique makes enough glass for four kunai.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 pm

She was pretty amazed. As soon as he started breaking the glass she sat up suddenly, amazed at what he was doing. She didn't think he was actually going to break the dishes. She considered for a moment running off, she didn't want to get in trouble because he decided to break all of the restaurant's dishes. But then again...he didn't seem worried...so she waited. She waited and watched and the look of amazement on her face grew when he started recreating the dishes he had just broken. Shocked and mildly disgusted and confused, she watched without moving until he was done.

"That was amazing," she mumbled. She didn't quite know what to say so she stood up and looked around carefully, making sure no one from the restaurant was within hearing distance. "I think we oughta get out before someone comes to give you more dishes. Where should we go?" She started walking backwards out of the alleyway, waiting for Hoten to follow her.
OOCShow
So sorry for the short post, just feeling very out of it but I wanted to get my post in. Sorry D:
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 pm

((Thats more than fine, sorry for the late reply.))

Hoten made a light humming sound as he thought. The wind around the area swept across him as he stood there. Finally an idea came. "I got an idea." He said as he extended a hand to the girl standing across from him. "I hear there is this really famous restaurant that is not very far from here. I've eaten there once or twice but never with a fine young female companion." He smiled in mock innocents. "If you would like I'd be happy to escourt you there ma'lady~" he was being a bit silly. Especially considering he was talking about the restaurant right behind them. By now she should have realised that he was a bit theatrical. That was one of the quirks he had about himself.

"Ready?" He said lightly with a smile. It was a bit of a dare, after all he was sort of suppose to be in the back washing. He was finished and he was unclear of his orders. It was perfectly acceptable to take a brake at most. Plus, he would not mind a liitle bit of danger once in a while, no matter how little.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Thu May 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Taking a deep breath, Aimi refused to let a blush rise on her cheeks when Hoten offered her his hand. She couldn't hold back the smile though, the theatrics of it all. She blinked at him mindlessly for a moment before deciding to play along considering she had nothing to lose. "My my my, a real gentleman," she said with a light giggle and a mock curtsy. She placed her hand gently in his own and looked into his eyes with her own, as soft as she could make them.

For someone that had seemed to useless at first, unable to even motivate himself to do dishes, here he was taking initiative and offering to take her to dinner somewhere. She hadn't done anything to earn it in her eyes. She hadn't done any work only sat there and enjoyed his company and his story that he never had finished telling...

She opened her mouth to remind him before snapping it shut, applying a smile instead. No need to push buttons so she figured she would let him off the hook for the story unless he decided to fess up about what really happened.

"Ready when you are, kind Sir~" she said smartly, waiting for him to lead her away, wherever they were going.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Fri May 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Hoten did not feign contentment when she grasped his hand. The green of her eyes complimented her face pleasantly and Hoten could not help but remain for a moment to just admire. Finally he let out a heroic, "lets go!"

The boy kept his grasp on her hand quite firmly. Leading he stepped out of the back grounds and made a long round outside of the fenses. He moved down the road and to the front doors. The name of this restaurant was clearly shown on a sign and he walked through the front doors. He could have used the backway but did not. For one he did not want them stopping him with more dishes. But he was one that would not be denied the right to walk in as a worthy and equal costumer. Because of that right he was going to walk straight to the table and order a fine meal! That journey was quite sure and less fullfuling as he thought it was going to be. Still he did not let this disappointment affect him or his mood. He ushered the girl into the seat and slide in next to her.

"May I take your order?" The waitress appeared and Hoten glanced at Aimi, emploring her to order first. By the laws of chivalry and his right as a male he had to let the female first.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Sun May 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Aimi was generally terrible with directions but she was smart enough to know when they entered the same restaurant that they had just been sitting behind. She didn't really think that it was a good idea to go into the restaurant that had been in charge of dishing out his punishment, no pun intended. She had no choice but to follow along though, being given no chance to object. She glanced over to the side at Hoten and grinned nervously. She couldn't believe he was daring to do this! But, they were already there so might as well play it cool.

"I'll just have a tea and a small order of fried fish please, with fruit instead of fries. Thank you." Now that she was sitting there, she realized that she had never been out to dinner with a boy before, at least not alone. She had been able to prevent feeling embarrassed before but now she couldn't stop her face from coloring lightly around her neck and ears. She coughed lightly and rubbed the back of her neck as she glanced around the restaurant. She turned back to him suddenly, biting at the inside of her cheek. "Aren't you nervous being in here?!"
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Hoten let out a smile as she ordered. He knew that girls did not usually eat a huge deal but what she ordered could never feed him. What was with girls and tiny portions? Eitherway, he could not stop the girl and tell her what to eat so let it go. The waitress turned to him.

"Hmm," he mummbled as he thought. This was a popular enough local restaurant, the food they cooked should not be all that hard to guess even without a menu. "Deer stake, miso soup, steamed vegetables, and uhh pika balls? And uhh all of that large." He said to the waitress as she wrote it all with an astounded look on her face. Hoten could admit, for a small kid he did he quite a bit. He shrugged in his mind.

As the waitress walked away he glanced over at Aimi and frowned. The girl seemed uncomfortable, he hoped he was not the cause - well of course he was the cause wasn't he. As she spoke he decided it best to reassure her.

"No need to worry Aimi-chan. I suppose this is a risk, entering here and eating here when I might have to have been facing a punishment but It's fine really," he spoke flippantly. "Hows about calling this my lunchbreak huh? I need one to work and besides I'm still a paying customer, punishment or not I am confident that no buisness will turn away the oppertunity to make money." All the while Hoten spoke with a confident smile on his face. Some would think he was not taking it seriously but he was, it was just that he needed to act this way to relieve some of the pressure on Aimi. The last thing he wanted was for her to worry. He was taught to take in consideration his allies above all else, and use his skill accordingly.

"Besides I havent even told you the end of the story yet~" he mused. Half of him did not expect for her to want to hear his crazy story but he figured this could keep her calm until the food arrives.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Wed May 08, 2013 5:10 am

Aimi laughed softly at Hoten's order. She could never understand where men put all the food that they ate. But, that really wasn't any of her business so she let it be. The restaurant was a little chilly, giving Aimi slight goosebumps. She rubbed her arms, smiling at Hoten. "I'll try not to," she said, her voice soft in the busy place. Everyone else was having a good time and no matter what the situation was she was allowed to have a good time too, especially with such a nice young gentleman.

As their drinks were delivered, Aimi smiled and nodded. He was quite right he never had finished his story. She wasn't going to push him about the story but, if he was offering, who was she to tell him not to continue with his story. It was entertaining if nothing else and he seemed to enjoy telling his story. So she nodded and waved her hand, indicating for him to please start his story while she sipped on her drink.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Thu May 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Hoten pulled the drink toward himself causing a muffled sliding noise on the wooden table. He took a few light slips before thinking about how to continue his story. He started to recall the parts he had already told and tried to continue exactly where they left off. All the while he did not take his eyes off the general direction of Aimi. Finally he got it.

"Right my next jutsu, the [Monster Reflection]" he mused. One of the Shoshiki's trademark genjutsu. "You see afte handling the clones it was a simple task of grabbing a mirror and using the genjutsu. I'm not sure If you've ever been in the Shoshiki complex - If you haven't that can change - but the place is littered with stray glass and mirrors. I suppose you can guess that there is at least a kilogram of glass in the area at anytime." That could have been an exaggeration, or it could have been completely true, Hoten seemed to remember always having glass on hand anywhere in the compound. "The piece of the glass I had was as broad as my face so there was no problem with size."

Hoten took a sip of the drink again before continuing. "See for the genjutsu to work I need to pour chakra into glass as well as the handseals, thus causing anyone to look into the mirror to see their reflection bent and gruesome until they look like a monster in the glass. Hence the name." Hoten chuckled at the last part. "So I did what was needed but my trainer was more than prepared. After running in front of him I raised the glass to show him his reflection but as the genjutsu was deflected with a kai. Before I realised it it was already to late I was in striking distance! My trainer had already created a staff of pure glass before I could be the wiser and with one swift movement he shattered my own mirror!" Hoten's voice soon became distinguishable in the fierce buzz of noise in the restaurant. Before he could continue two waitresses arrived carrying their food.

The girls delicately placed the trays on the table in front of them. Hoten's food was the reason that they had to use two servers. Still he smiled before picking up a pair of chopsticks. "Needless to say I sort of failed." He wrapped up the story with that and dug in.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Thu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Aimi sat with her head balanced on her hands, listening to Hoten continue his story. The glass is what really interested her. She didn't know a lot about clans and she shook her head no when he asked if she had ever been inside the clan compounds. She had never been invited before and she had always assume that she wasn't allowed in without a clan supervisor or something. She would love to go and see the inside of the compound especially if there really was that much glass lying around. It would be cool to check it all out.

She brought herself back to the story just in time for the food to arrive. Her eyes widened at the sheer amount of food that was set on their table. And she laughed at how lopsided the table was. Comparing her two small plates to his many plates it was simply more amusing than anything. She neglected to say anything about it though. She didn't know if it would hurt his feelings but she couldn't hide her smile.

"Do you always have such problems? With your moved being thwarted so easily? Or is your trainer just that good?" She began eating maybe with half as much luster as her dinner-mate but she was enjoying it just as much she would easily bet.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Fri May 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Hoten grabbed some noodles and liberally filled his mouth. Aimi seemed quite amused with the sight of his portions. He could not blame her. If he had not gotten used to he would have began laughing or maybe even critizing if someone was eating that much. Surely such gluttony was unheathy, but Hoten was a easy going enough character, being happy when the time called for it was fine.

Her teasing got to him for a moment as he contemplated an answer. It was difficult. He could not pick one and still sound cool. Troublesome. Thus he satisfied himself with the answer, "a little of both." He grinned. "But that wont happen for too long, ya'know, one day I'll get stronger and that will all change."

"Ara, they dont skip out on the flavour in this place~" Hoten commented joyfully. His dinner manners were aweful but he did sort of expect or rather hope Aimi would not count it against him. He smiled at the plate set at the center of the table then at her. On that plate was a stack of pika balls; balls ofseasoned, crumbed and fried pika meat. It had a lightly fried yellow color to it. A funny dish which makes its home in Iwa. He jabbed one pall and levelled it up for Aimi to see.

"Ever had pika balls, Aimi-chan? Great dish, though not many dare to eat it." He phrased his comment as a dare, he half did not expect her to take it and eat it, he would not hold it against her. After all pika was. . .
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Aimi felt bad for a moment, her teasing seeming to affect Hoten. He quickly recovered though and his answer made her smile. He was right. Every day they were getting stronger and one day they would surpass their teachers and they would be the ones in charge of keeping their country safe. It was a huge responsibility, one that every ninja undertook when they graduated the academy. A prideful look had come over Aimi's face at this point but she didn't explain why too Hoten. She was pretty sure that he would understand.

She looked at the dish with a skeptical look. She'd heard of Pika balls but had never had one before. They...frightened her. She felt silly but her face reddened at the thought of eating one. She felt like a joke was about to be played on her for being a tease. She puffed her cheeks out with frustration. Eventually, she decided that she wouldn't turn down the challenge that had clearly been laid out on the table.

She reached out with her fork and stabbed one of the balls, wincing at the sound it made. She held it up and, trying to not breathe, took a bite and chewed quickly, her eyes popping wide in surprise as the taste of it hit her palate. It was...interesting to say the least. And then, after interesting, it quickly turned disgusting and her face contorted into something horrible as she swallowed and choked down her tea, shuddering at the taste.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Fri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Hoten chuckled merrily at Aimi's reaction. He tried to not throw out an all out laugh because that would have been mean. He patted her back softly with a smile on his face.

"Thats alright, not everyone enjoys the taste." He chuckled. He popped a few into his mouth and let the flavour overcome his tongue. With a hardy swallow he returned to Aimi. "Personally I did not even want to eat them but, I guess it grows on you. Dont feel like you have to eat more though." He added to help ease Aimi. She was pretty funny, even when she did not mean to.

"Alright, maybe I've talked too much already." He said happily. The Shoshiki turned himself in a right angle so that he could face the girl. She had his nearly undivided attention. The food on the table and the noise of numerous parties behind him did demand quite a bit from him. With a small smile he said, "care to share a alittle about youself, Aimi-chan. I would not be happy without knowing a little bit about you."

He hoped that she would share but just the same he could not force her. If she declined then they would just continue to navigate the meal further some otherway.
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Mon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm

She made a face at Hoten when he laughed at her, though she wasn't mad at him. She knew he was just teasing and after keeping her entertained for hours on end, she supposed that he was allowed to poke a little fun. She still couldn't get the taste of that bizarre food out of her mouth though and she wolfed down some of her own food, rather unlady-like, just to try to drive the taste away. She held up her hand, trying to not laugh, signaling that she needed a moment before she could talk.

Finally, she was able to take a deep breath and chuckle. He wanted to know about her? Talking about herself was not something that Aimi often did. She preferred to listen to others talk and save information about herself for when she got to know others much better. However, it was only fair that after he had shared so much that she share at least a little bit with him.

"Well, what do you want to know? There's not a lot to tell about myself. I'm an only child, I've been training since I can remember, and my parents are still very active ninjas." She took a sip of her tea and contemplated what else she could tell him. Thinking about herself, there was nothing that jumped out at her that she could share. "I'm not good at this. Is there anything specific you want to know? I work better off of specifics."
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Tue May 14, 2013 11:50 am

"I see, same here - more or less," Hoten replied softly at this believeable and plain knews. It really was more trivia than anything of substance that he could use to understand the girl. He heard he problems and understood. After all Hoten desired an understanding of the girl that might have been better to develop over a span of weeks or even months. He did not have that time, only this moment.

"You're right. I suppose it isn't all that fair for me just ask you such vague things and expecting too much." Hoten admitted and began to thinking. He grabbed a chopstick and began flipping and twirling it around his fingers. Soon he began to smile as he finally understood what he could ask.

"Okay hows this! What are your likes and dislikes? Your hobbies? Goals? If you are uncomfortable sharing it's. Fine, I would be glad to answer the question if you desire."
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:47 am

She sighed lightly. He really was curious about her and it wasn't even in a nosy way. He simply seemed genuinely curious. Biting at her lip she thought over his questions. She could answer them if she wanted to. It was all a matter of just how much information she cared to share with him. She could share some things without truly revealing too much of her inner self, the inner self that she kept for those she had known for years and had earned the key to her very inner being.

Taking a deep breath she rested her cheek on her hand and began talking, her eyes flitting around the room, staying away fro Hoten's face. "Well, I like being outside but that's a little obvious. I enjoy training an learning new things. I love reading in a tree over at the library," her face colored when she remembered a recent event there. "I enjoy a lot of things, the simple things. Rain on the roof, playing in the rain as long as no one is around. I highly dislike traitors and people who have no motivation. Everyone needs a path in life!" She sat up suddenly and smacked her hand on the table.

"I mean really what is the point of this life if you're running around with a blindfold on and not enjoying anything! It's a useless waste, that's what it is. People who are content with staying in the same place for their whole life drive me crazy." She took a deep breath and glance around the restaurant, glad to see that most people were stoically ignoring her outburst. A rueful smile on her face, she looked back at Hoten, embarrassed and flushed. She mouthed the word "Sorry" and shrugged lightly.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Hoten listened intently as she spoke.

The first bit was a given. He imagined answers like that, and some of it explained why she just happened to meet some screaming kid and become willing to spend the day with him. Thinking back to the beginning he could not help but smirk. Things sure did escalate to unpredictable circumstances. He saw her turn in color and wondered what the case was but decided against it.

Her likes were normal, he even shared in her interest in the rain. In Iwa rain was such a rare occasion that it had to be savoured to the fullest. Her dislikes did quite shock him. He was blown away by her sheer passion and sense of righteousness. He liked that.

"No need to apologize, I liked it. You should not be timid about how you feel, espcially when you feel so strongly. People who waste their life as traitors or refuse growth irritate me too. To me growth is one of the most important things in life, that and having the willpower to do better." To Hoten willpower was core to everything, this growth was close to him. "I would guess that becoming something great and using your talents and skills to better the village is one of your aspirations. Its my greatest goal."
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Sat May 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Relived that she didn't terrify him, Aimi smiled at Hoten. He was so endearing, she couldn't help it. The day had progressed well, better than she could have hoped and for a single moment she had been concerned that she might have ruined it all with her outburst. He appreciated it though and that was a wonderful change of pace from the monotony that seemed to rule so many other's lives. At the mention of his goals Aimi sat up straight and clasped her hands together, holding them against her mouth. The world was moving around them but at that moment it was only the two of them, exploring their very beings.

"Yes," she said quietly from behind her hands, nodding softly. She dropped her palms to the table and was surprised to see that their table had been cleared. She had been so caught up talking that she didn't even notice and that was a rare occurrence and one that she took marked note of to review later. "What is the point of this if you don't try to become the greatest you can be? And once you become the greatest why would you not use what you have learned and why would you not use your power to change your village and country for the better. There are so many dishonest people out there the only way to defeat them is to band together!"

Once again breathless, she smiled slightly after a pause. "I think you've gotten more out of me in a day than most do in a week. It's curious, really."
My CharactersShow

C.J,

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by C.J, » Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 am

Hoten listened amiably with a smile on his face as Aimi spoke. He really liked her spirit and passion. Frankly he was surprised that she held such powerful views. She reminded him of that red headed bastard that always got into troubling situations or was always too tired after searching for what he needed. Hoten could imagine the guy held up in some library right now. Either way he was starting to like her just as much or maybe even more than that guy, which was saying something after just a day of knowing eachother.

Gray eyes glanced to the side and noticed that the food way gone. An automanic hand lifted silverware to grab up some food that wasn't there. He had been so enthralled with the girl that he had not noticed that he ate all of his food a while ago. Was that bad? After eating all that food, not noticing that he had eaten all of that food? It was fine he supposed.

"I am glad, I like to understand people that I deem important." He spoke with an unintensional sagely air. "Eitherway maybe it's best to get moving now, I don't want to be punished for loittering too," he joked. With that he got out of the chair and to the front counter where he handed out the appropriate ryo. Returning to Aimi he said, "anything else you want to do?"

((Lol second page. Anyway I think I've realised that ougi isnt IN the village right? I cant be there? Eitherway i guess nameless restaurant that is on vague street is fine. Anyhow I think that is all i could think up, with ur final reply i think it can wrap up unless u have an idea? Anyway yh))
RPCsShow

Amy

[Social] Breaking bills

Post by Amy » Fri May 24, 2013 6:10 am

((The restaurant is in Iwa, you're good. I'l finish this up and post it for grading. PM me or I'll PM you with an idea for a second. This was a lot of fun :) ))

A small sat upon her face and she wasn't sure when it would go away. She was happier and more satisfied than she had been in quite a while and she was rather enjoying the feelings that exuded through her being. She watched him with great interest as he walked up and paid and she contemplated the day. It certainly hadn't turned out like she had thought it would but, that would have been boring. Her day had been exciting without her even planning for it and that's what made it that much sweeter.

When Hoten returned to the table he would find a pretty girl sitting with a quite satisfied smile upon her face. She stood up and took his hand in hers. She had meant to shake it but that just seemed silly after the personal time they had spent together. Rather, she squeezed his hand lightly, smiling at him. "I think I am quite satisfied with the day, Hoten-chan, thank you. Until next time," she said, holding onto his hand for a moment longer before dropping it and walking out of the restaurant, wondering just when and where she would come across Hoten again and if it would be anything like this first time.
My CharactersShow

Return to “Ougonjidai Restaurant”