The Champion's Game

Jinan B

The Champion's Game

Post by Jinan B » Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

Displays of Strength
The Ougonjidai Restaurant was an establishment in which you could find many different types of people. Most ordinarily, one could find whichever shinobi decided that today would be the day that they visited the finest restaurant in the village and enjoyed a meal there. Perhaps they were with family, perhaps with fellow shinobi, perhaps alone; frankly it didn't matter, for whenever anyone entered the door of the building they would always find such men and women. Perhaps more rarely, yet still far from uncommon, a man could find people here with ulterior motives. Instead of coming for the food, these men and women came to talk someone else into something. Perhaps it was a business proposition, perhaps a plan regarding certain families in a neighbouring country, perhaps even a proposal. The stone that made up Ougonjidai had seen it all. Yet the man that Kenitsuna Ken'ichi came to see was here for none of those things.
No. Akari Koyama was here to drink. So it was almost most days according to the child that Ken had sent to discover the Akari's schedule. The man would train in the day and retire to somewhere or other once he was done. More often than not, it was where they both found themselves now, Ougonjidai. For a place that had seen so much as it had, this would be the first time that it had borne witness to a recruitment into what was now Ken's Kinjuu. That was why he was here after all; he had come into command of an organization that that seen better days, but now it was his job to put the pieces back together. When he was done, he could only imagine that the third Tsuchikage himself would see the group in a prideful light.

Or he would if Ken succeeded in all that he wished to do. The first step was in the here and now, however, and not in the far flung future. So it was that the man would grab two shots in return for a glint of silver and sit himself down before the giant that he was here to see. Whether or not he had found company yet mattered not at all, and regardless the second of the two glasses would drift across the table into the Special Jounin's hands. The first would find its contents upended into the Bannin's mouth mere moments later, before he would gesture at a nearby bartender.

"Two more, if you please."
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

TyDie

The Champion's Game

Post by TyDie » Fri May 26, 2017 6:15 am

The colossal man sat at the bar, two stools underneath him to support his size and weight as he called over more and more alcohol. "More Sake Ichirou." The man behind the counter grumbled as he poured Koyama another shot. "At this rate I should just leave you the bottle Koyama..." The giant Akari shot a smile back at the bartender, laughing as he did so. "Hahaha, yes you should!" Taking it as an invitation to do so, Koyama reached for the bottle of Sake in Ichirou's hands, placing it on the bar next to him. Ichirou, used to this behavior from Koyama at this point, went and grabbed another bottle from the shelf.

Then he heard the man sit down next to him; he wasn't short by any means, in fact Koyama was surprised to see someone relatively close to his enormous height. The man asked for two shots, and it seemed Ichirou recognized the guy, as he reached for a special bottle of alcohol Koyama hadn't seen before. Before Koyama could bother to ask for the same, the nameless man slid him one of the two shots before downing his own. With a look of intrigue and curiosity, Koyama did the same, marveling at the unique taste, which was mostly alcohol from what he could tell. In an instant Koyama handed the bottle he had snagged back to Ichirou.

"Fuck 'two more', give us the whole bottle!" Ichirou, again, rolled his eyes, leaving the bottle in front of the two as Koyama placed a couple thousand Ryo on the table. "Dunno who you are or what your motives are, but you just introduced me to my favorite drink. So sit, enjoy... and tell me who the fuck you are." Koyama was cheerful and boisterous as he spoke, but there was a tinge of distrust in his voice. He didn't recognize the guy as an Akari... hell, he didn't recognize him at all. However, the guy had muscles on his muscles, and carried himself with a sense of pride and power. Clearly he had something to talk about; Koyama could only assume this was not some simple unplanned meeting.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Jinan B

The Champion's Game

Post by Jinan B » Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 am

"Haha... I admit it is a fine drink, Koyama… Something that the tribes living in the shadow of the Hokkyou mountains made; from potatoes, of all things. They call it... водка, if my memory serves." Clearly the akari before him shared at least some of the same tastes as Ken'ichi himself did. Whether or not that would mean that he would be open to recruitment was unknown, but at least the ice had already been broken. Taking the bottle once it had been placed back on the table and quickly pouring the pair two more shots. "To your health!" He would say as he threw the mixture down his throat.

Once he had done that, however, the Bannin would address the issue of the Akari's question; placing his left arm on the table so as to clearly place his sentinel bracer in the Special Jounin's view. "My name is Kenitsuna, Ken'ichi; and to be blunt my motives are very specific. I assume that you know of the Kinjuu, correct? The force within our shinobi dedicated towards the safety of our people." The man would speak slowly, carefully watching the giant of a man to gauge his reaction in full. It was simple enough logic that no one would wish to be a part of an organization that they had little respect for; and even more so Ken's knowledge of Koyama himself made it clear that he was not one to serve people who he did not respect, or to fight alongside those that he thought himself better than. He wasn't worried of course, for he was confident in the skills of most every man and woman within the Kinjuu; even so there was always factors that could not be predicted when it came to matters like this.

At least if things turned out to not go his way on that front, it would certainly be made up for by what looked to be an... enjoyable evening, to say the least.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

TyDie

The Champion's Game

Post by TyDie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:47 pm

"Hmph, i've heard of them of course. I've also heard that they've been reinstated as of late. I assume you're here asking me if you want me to join huh?" The giant of a man chuckled to himself as he downed another drink of that alcohol... he didn't remember what Ken had called it, nor did he care all that much. He'd just remember to ask for "The shit that isn't Sake" from now on. "I'm sure you can understand why i'm not all that excited to hear the name. The Kinjuu pretty much died out. Protecting the village is a task that all shinobi undertake, not just a select group."

Setting the cup back on the table, Koyama turned his head to look down at Ken as he continued speaking. "Sorry, not interested right now. First incarnations of groups like this are usually filled with weaklings, and i'm not gonna be part of the first group. Unless of course you can point out some people of note that I might recognize. People that I feel might be strong enough. People i wouldn't be embarrassed to work alongside." It was clear what it was Koyama feared; being associated with the weak, and being considered weak himself. He would punctuate by pouring himself another shot, and pouring one for Ken if his glass was empty.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Return to “Ougonjidai Restaurant”