[Catacombs Event] Exploration Begins!

Yura

[Catacombs Event] Exploration Begins!

Post by Yura » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

"This is positively facinating!" Manabu, Shuji called out as he peered down the massive cavern, its darkness all consuming, "To think that something like this existed beneath even the subterrainian levels of Iwagakure and we never even knew about it is simply amazing." A historian by trade, Shuji was renowned throughout Rock Country and the areas around it for his explorations and discoveries throughout many different regions. Focusing on ancient human civilizations, Mr. Manabu was the amongst the first historians to investigate and document the tombs within the initial catacombs several decades earlier. Now, as a man in his mid-sixties, Shuji prided himself as a scholar and writer though he still liked to go out into the field when he had the chance.

"And you say that one of your men was the one to discover the entrance to this section of catacombs?" Shuji asked, turning to the tall and gruff jounin that stood at his side.

"That is believed to be the case, yes." Hibiki responded firmly.

"I must meet him!" Shuji replied, "He needs to know the impact that he may have just made on history!"

"Well that is going to be a problem seeing as how he is believed to have never emerged from these tunnels after finding them." Hibiki replied, watching the historian's face drop. "I have a small team of shinobi looking for him, but I haven't heard anything from them yet."

"Oh..." Shuji said sullenly, "Well be that as it may, we absolutely MUST explore these ruins!" He said, seemingly back to his excitedly chipper self. "Tomoko! Grab my bags!" He called out as he began his descent down the steps.

"Yes sir!" Came a small voice from behind as a young dark haired girl, no older than her late teens came running into the 'room' with two large bags on her shoulders.

"Wait!" Hibiki called out as he moved to block theprofessor's path, "We still don't know the dangers that lay ahead within this place." He warned, "For all I know, I have already lost three of my people to these ruins. I ask that you let us investigate first to ensure the safety of your people before we proceed."

"Look, lad, I know that you mean well, but the village officials have already given me permission to enter these ruins." Manabu replied, stopping for a moment, "They want to know what is here just as badly as I do. You are welcome to help and it would be greatly appreciated, but you and the village guards are merely here to supervise our work, not interfere with it." He added, his friendly and chipper tone turning to a slightly more biting one for a moment. "Now come along Tomoko! We have no time to waste!" Having caught up to her leader, the young girl swiftly followed him as he continued down the steps and following her was a sizable group of fellow historians and workers, all civilian.

Watching the group of 'adventurers' decend into the catacombs, Hibiki let out a sigh before turning to a group of his own men. "Alright, listen up!" he hollared, the entire group snapping to attention at the sound of his voice, "These people are under our protection." He said, pointing at the group descending down the stairs, "They are responsible for investigating these newly discovered sections of catacombs and we are responsible for protecting them while they do it. I expect every one of you to act professionally, to help out when needed, and most importantly lay down your life for these civilians if the situation calls for it. Is that clear?" Though many of the men looked concerned with that last part, none raised any protest to the command. "I SAID IS THAT CLEAR!" Hibiki shouted once more.

"Yes sir!" the guards responded in unison.

"Good." Hibiki responded as he turned, "Now let's go do our job." With that, the jounin leader of the village guard and his men began their descent in to the ruins as well.
"It's even larger than I imagined!" Shuji said loudly as he and the group reached the bottom of the steps. Having brought many torches and other sources of light with them, the crowd as a whole was able to light up a significant portion of the cavern floor, providing enough light to reveal several hallways that branched off in different directions. "Tomoko, Saki, you girls begin documenting everything you see." He said, turning to the young dark haired girl and her equally as young fair haired friend, "The rest of you start unloading the equipment. We will set up our base camp here."

Noticing the batallion of village guard had reached the bottom of the steps as well, Shuji quickly closed the distance between himself and Hibiki. "I would like to set up exploration groups as soon as possible." The elder historian said excitedly, "Would you be able to provide some of your men to each group to protect them?" He asked.

"I don't suppose I have much choice." Hibiki growled with a sigh, "I can't exactly let your people wander these halls unguarded."

"Splendid!" Shuji exclaimed, "I will get the plans all worked out soon enough. I will let you know when I'm finished!" He added as he hurried away, calling out orders to his men.

"I can't wait." The jounin replied quietly, the sarcasm clear in his voice. While Manabu's team buzzed about setting up equipment and his own men fanned out to secure the area, Hibiki let his gazed brush across all of the room visible to the eye. He didn't know why, but he could tell that his wasn't going to as smoothly as the historian thought.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
SadakoGeninIwagakureTeam 13[color=#90D2D8]
Enkouten, MitsuoBanninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai[color=#ff2200]
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku[color=#fb8a00]
Takara, MorikoGeninIwagakure[color=#ffeb66]
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall[color=#8080ff]

Return to “Catacombs”