Mission: Recess

Magma

Post by Magma » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 pm

The park gates were closed as five children clinged against it. The eyed the swings and the slides as the chuunin eyed them waiting for the supervisor to arrive. One kid tried to hop the gate. He climbed halfway before the chuunin grabbed him and brought him back down. "You can't go yet, Ryo," he said. "Wait for the supervisor." The young boy--Ryo--crossed his arms and groaned as he glared at the teacher.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:13 pm

It's a joke! It's gotta be a joke! This has to be a joke! Who's idea of a joke is this?! Tadashi rambled on within Rengeki's mind as he was on his way to his mission as a supervisor of the kids. Would you calm down? I don't mind doing something like this. It might be fun anyway. Fun. FUN?! REN, YOU MUST BE CRAZY! You've stooped so low as to be a BABYSITTER! What bothers you about this, Tadashi? Oh ho ho, NOW you ask. What kind of lazy person needs a ninja to watch over their kids? Honestly, you're a ninja, ACT LIKE ONE! Be a MERCENARY! Ninja and mercenaries are two different things. Besides, I'm no sellsword! You're not a killer either, that's why you looked away when I was about to murder your cousin. I didn't look away, I was laughing to hard about you two throwing empty threats back and forth. Uh, they weren't empty. Rengeki left it at that and ignored the loudmouth Familiar in his head the rest of the way.

As he approached the chuunin he gave a polite bow and straightened his posture. "Rengeki Faron, I was dispatched to supervise the kids, sir."
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 pm

"Ah," the chuunin said, bowing back in respect to Rengeki. "Thank you for coming. I'll run you through the kids before you look after them." He brought one girl out in front of him. She had long, light brown hair. "This is Kyrie." Next, a boy with spiky, blonde hair. "This is Daichi." Third, girl with short, blue hair. "This is Aria." Next, boy with short, dark brown hair. "This is Kumori." And lastly, the the boy who tried to hop the fence. The one with spiky black hair. "And this is Ryo. He's a trouble maker. But they should be no problem." Everyone but Ryo bowed to the genin. Ryo just smirked and looked to the swings.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Rengeki bowed to the children in return, and smiled reassuringly at Ryo. "Anyway, sir, I think it's safe to let them go play now. I'll take care of them for now. Unless there's anything else I should be aware of. In which case, I'm sure my Familiar can handle it." Rengeki's shadow started to flicker, as if it wasn't there and then it was. This happened really fast and ended abruptly in two seconds flat as Tadashi suddenly burst out from it behind his partner. The two were back to back, that was until Tadashi stepped out from Ren's back and looked at the kids. He sighed impatiently. "Oh yeah, sure. Let me handle any "extra objectives" The Familiar said sarcastically, with a strong hint of distaste for the idea. "Tadashi, you just make sure no trouble goes down, I'll try to keep them from going too far." "Yeah, yeah. I've got it." The Familiar put his hands behind his head and crossed one foot over the other. Tadashi wasn't motivated for this job, but Rengeki knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't let the genin down. As if knowing what he was thinking (and he probably did) Tadashi gave Ren a smirk and a wink to show for all his rebellious chatter he'd do it.
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:47 am

The chuunin nodded and went to open the gates. The kids gathered behind him, carefully observing when the lock became unlocked. As soon as the gates opened up, they all pushed past the chuunin and charged inside.

Aria and Daichi ran off to the seesaw. Kyrie ran to the slides, and Kumori ran to the monkey bars. Ryo casually walked to the swing set, not minding anyone. "Well, good luck with them, Rengeki," the chuunin said before walking off.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:03 am

"Yessir. We'll take care of them. Promise!" "Okay, so yeah, what the hell am I going to do again?" "You can start by swallowing a bar of soap. Your breath stinks and you shouldn't be cussing around them." Rengeki scolded his partner before walking into the park and starting his job of watching over the children.

Tadashi stayed behind the gate for a little. He breathed into his palm and then smelled it. He looked toward the chuunin."Does my breath really smell that bad?" He asked before breathing in the man's face.
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 am

The chuunin looked at Tadashi with a confused look. "Honestly," he started, "I can't really tell. Good luck again." The chuunin walked off to leave Tadashi with his dilemma himself.

Kumori fell off the monkey bars, so he decided to go to the swings with Ryo. The others were enjoying what they had started with. As soon as Kumori got on his swing, Ryo got off his. He offered to push Kumori, who happily said yes. Nothing was happening. Yet.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Tadashi looked at the chuunin as he walked off with an unamused face on. "Hey come on! Stop worrying about your breath, I was just kidding about that!" Ren called to him from inside the gate. With a slight growl under his breath Tadashi slumped into the park and closed the gate on the way in.

As the kids had their fun, Rengeki sat on a bench near the swings so he could keep his eyes on the mischievous Ryo. Tadashi was making rounds, walking around the park equipment to make sure none of them broke anything, this included making sure that none of them got hurt.
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Daichi got off the seesaw, making Aria go down hard. She wasn't hurt as you would imagine as she ran off to join Kyrie. Kumori was high in the air on the swing thanks to Ryo. Ryo, knowing how to swing without any help, was also high in the air. Daichi went to the sandbox and started playing. Ryo smirked and slowed his swinging. Once he went slow enough, he leaped off and landed nicely. He walked off to join Daichi.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Ren watched everything unfold. Everything seemed to be okay. He'd seen Aria hit the ground, in a moment Tadashi had been over and checked to make sure she was okay. Other than that nothing else seemed to be happening. Then again it did worry him how Ryo had jumped from the swing, if Kumori followed his example than he might get hurt. Hey Tadashi, if Kumori jumps he might get hurt. He doesn't seem to be as good as Ryo is at the swing set. I want you to catch him if anything happens, can you do that? Even when out of his shadow, Tadashi could hear Ren's thoughts and vice-verse. This was something they usually took advantage of at every turn. Got it. Just keep your eyes open, bro. The guy did say that Ryo was the trouble child. I'm putting a bet down that he might try and pull something in the sandbox. I'll take care of that. I can't get to Kumori in time if something bad happens to him on the swing, though. You focus on him, I'll focus on Ryo. If you say so.
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Ryo went over to Daichi, who smiled and greeted him. Ryo knelt down and started to whisper something in his ear. Daichi listened carefully, while Ryo kept his eye on Rengeki. After the secret was told, Daichi smiled a bit in an attempt to hide laughter while Ryo walked off, laughing. Nothing happened with the others as they continued to enjoy themselves.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 pm

"What are those two...whispering about?" Rengeki mumbled. What's with that look on your face? I can see it from over here. Ryo's up to something. I'll do the punishing. You stick to chaperoning. You're kidding right? You know better than anyone that my threats aren't empty. Rengeki didn't like the sound of it, but he knew that Tadashi wasn't a liar.
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Daichi went back to what he was doing. Which was stuffing a bucket full of sand. Ryo walked back to the swings, where Kumori stopped his session. Ryo went up to him and whispered in his ear as well. Then he pointed to Daichi, then to the girls, all while looking at Rengeki. Ryo finished up his secret, then patted Kumori on the back before walking off.

Meanwhile, Kyrie noticed Ryo whispering to the boys and wondered what was going on. She slid down and went over to Daichi, seeming like she wanted to know the secret. Daichi must have told her something to make her relieved cause they hugged afterwards. Discreetly, Daichi poured sand down her skirt.

Let the chaos begin.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Rengeki's eye's were matched to Ryo's the whole time he was looking at the genin. He knew where he was pointing to, but he didn't see or notice what Daichi did until Tadashi pointed it out.

Hey! What the hell are you doing? What? Daichi just slipped sand into Kyrie's clothing! What are you doing? I'm watching Ryo. Plus, you did say that you were going to be the one's to punish them if they did anything wrong. You actually trusted me in that? Hell, you know if I had my way that I'd rip him to shreds! I know, but I also know you're not that heartless. Sunnava-! You-! Gah! Fine, dammit! I'll put Daichi in time-out! Meanwhile, why don't you freaking try to keep an eye on Ryo and keep the other on the kids he talks to? I can't cover up all your mistakes, Rengeki! Alright, I'll do that. Meanwhile, put Daichi in time-out by the trees where there's nothing for them to play with. Riiiight, suuure. Let him off easy why don't ya? He could easily slip away without supervision. Is that a volunteering to watch him yourself, Tadashi? Ya know damn well I wouldn't do something like that. Why don't I just make him sit by you? I'm sure your preaching will be punishment enough, kiddo. Pre-? I don't preach! Coulda fooled me. Tadashi!

Instead of thinking back, Tadashi just picked up Daichi by the back of his collar and set him down on the bench beside Rengeki, at which point Ren gave his Familiar a quick glare which Tadashi returned with a sarcastic smirk. After that he walked back over to Kyrie, kneeling down to her eye-level and whispering in her ear. "Ya do know that Daichi just put sand in your skirt right? Might wanna try getting it out before someone assumes something inappropriate."
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:30 am

Kyrie seemed shock for a moment. Then she got furious. "Daichi, you meanie!" she shouted before running off to the bushes. Aria went over to Kyrie to help her with her problem. Ryo went near Rengeki, but it was to gloat at Daichi for getting in trouble. Ryo laughed in his face while Daichi reached behind Rengeki. He took a kunai from Rengeki, and tossed it at Ryo who caught it and ran off. Daichi took off in the other direction thinking the ninja would go for his weapon. Kumori saw what had happened but stayed put. His time didn't come. Yet.

Devious little children, aren't they?
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:02 am

Tadashi, get Daichi. I've got Ryo easy! Doubt it, I might have to grab them both.

Rengeki pulled out both his chain whips and connected them together. Before Ryo could get very far, Rengeki had him latched up in the chains while the Familiar had just swept past them both and picked up Daichi by his ankles. In a very genuine and taunting voice, Tadashi spoke to the boy. "Gotcha."
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:46 am

Daichi looked at Tadashi in the eye, regardless of being upside-down. He blew a raspberry at him and tried to get free. Ryo, on the other hand was chained. Good, he thought, bringing his arm back. He flung it forward, letting the kunai fly to Kumori. He caught it and took off to the trees, passed the girls. Aria and Kyrie then pulled on a rope line. They hid it under the bush as to not be seen. Hopefully the ninja would trip while chasing Kumori.

Such nice kids.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 am

Tadashi angrily shook Daichi left and right by his ankles before planting him headfirst in the sandbox and piling the sand around his neck so it would be hard to get out, before heading after kumori he put a little hole in the sand so that Daichi could breathe. "Now THIS is time out, shorty!"

Rengeki chained Ryo tightly to the bench and ensured that all of his weapons were with him and latched tightly so that the kids couldn't take anything else from his arsenal. Now Rengeki and Tadashi split up, Tadashi jumped the line and began heading for Kumori, while Rengeki went around and collected his kunai. His sharp eyes weren't fooled by the little hiding trick.

After getting his tool back, Ren cut the line in three pieces and used it to wrap up Kyrie's and Aria's hands. Then used the third line to tie the two to a thin but sturdy tree. "If you want to try again, just ask." He said before walking away to tighten the chain holding Ryo. After that, Rengeki stood at a good vantage point so he could keep a good eye on the four kids in "time out" but not where they could touch him. Tadashi, meanwhile, was going easy on Kumori. He kept getting neck and neck on him, then slowing down a little. This was just to tease the kid and show him that he had no chance.
Cleared

Magma

Post by Magma » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 am

Kumori heard the ninja approach him. He decided that he could run anymore. Or could he? It was best to try. He ran only about three steps before stopping and turning around. He came out of hiding from behind a tree to stand in front of Tadashi. "Okay," he said. "You got me." He looked up at him and pointed off to his left and his right, showing two more Kumori's in the distance. "But which is me?" all three asked as they ran off in different diections.

Meanwhile, Aria and Kyrie, despite how tight the rope was put, were able to slip out it. They gave each other a high five and flickered over to Daichi, leaving a tornado of leaves where they were before, helping him out of the sand trap. Ryo, watching his classmates do what they did, peaked over at Rengeki. Knowing he would get caught first if he tried anything, he decided to wait for them to get punished first.

Kumori
SpoilerShow
*Bunshin no Jutsu [Clone Technique]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
Bunshin no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique which every ninja learns at the Ninja Academy. The Bunshin technique creates a substanceless copy of the ninja. The copy serves can serve as a distraction or as means to confuse their opponent. As soon the the Bunshin gets attacked or comes into contact with the opponent, they will disappear in a puff of smoke.
Aria and Kyrie
SpoilerShow
*Nawanuke no Jutsu [Escaping Skill]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
Nawanuke no Jutsu is a very basic Ninjutsu technique that allows a ninja to escape from rope binds.

*Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Magma

Post by Magma » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Time.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”