Familiar Training #2

Zero

Familiar Training #2

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 am

SpoilerShow
attempting to learn
*Raiton• Yama No Jutsu [Lightning Element • Rifle technique]
C-rank Ninjutsu
After completing a simple set of hand seals the user will either focus chakra into their bladed weapon or index finger. He or she then points their hand (or the tip of their weapon) at the target and fires off a high velocity bolt of lightning. The lightning bolt itself will only cause minor damage, but due to the speed of the attack the impact is more than enough to knock the air out of someone or send them flying backwards.

Rengeki awoke early that morning. He'd woken up at 2AM sharp. Never went back to sleep, it was because he'd dreamed of Renji. The hole that was still in his heart from when he heard. The shocking revelation and shattering of everything the boy had known. His own brother, a strong jounin, a candidate for the Sky Guard, gone like that. He'd remembered the strain and pain it had put on him. His mentality was broken down in only a few words. "I'm sorry to say, but your brother is dead." Remembering them was pushing him over the edge. By 4AM, Rengeki was suited up and walking out of his room while Tadashi was still sleeping on his mat that he now slept on instead of in Rengeki's shadow as he used to. He'd also decided to make the "Rengeki" form nearly permanent, he'd hardly changed at all lately. With everything in Ren's mind mixed up and nearly meaningless, the boy walked the streets of the village for a full hour.

5AM. Rengeki had found his way onto his usual mountain trail. He'd hiked it up and down for no reason, just wandering. The boy sat down on the side of it, looking at his weapons over and over. Questioning his ability with each and every one of them. This went on for what felt like forever, it was ongoing and ongoing, until he broke down.

The Familiar sat up on his mat, he wasn't wearing his usual clothes, instead just having a pair of black pajama bottoms. He yawned and just leaned forward with his eyes blankly looking at the wall in front of him. This carried on for quite a while, with no real point except for the fact that he was practically waiting for his brain to get off the pillow and get in his head, if he had a brain. He finally looked over to Rengeki's bed with the same blank look as usual. The one thing he noticed was that the genin looked as flat as the mattress top itself. Tadashi tilted his head and scratched his hair. He stood up and walked over to the bed. He took his time in pulling the covers back, once he did it took him even longer to realize that Rengeki wasn't as flat as the bed, he was gone. His eyes were still blank when he looked at the window that shed sunlight in on the bed. The light now shined on an empty bed and the chin of a very sleepy and brain dead Familiar. Tadashi scratched his hair again for the second time before muttering in a very unamused tone, "Oh, hell."

Tadashi walked into the grassy plain that he and Rengeki had trained in before, the entrance was conveniently placed along the hiking trail they used often. In an instant the Familiar had pinpointed his Master, who was breathing hard and continually striking at air with his fists and feet. His Taijutsu is pretty good. Just how much has he been holding back on me? No way he's ever shown me those moves! Dammit, kiddo. Why did you have to hide this from me? If Rengeki had heard the thoughts of his Familiar, he sure didn't show any sign of it. He continued to punch and kick at the air in front of him. After the last punch Rengeki ended with a few handseals and pointed his index finger out. Tadashi could see a spark run along the finger and burst out the end. It was obvious what jutsu the genin was trying to perform, the Rifle Technique. Yet even the Familiar could tell that the only thing that was happening was wasted chakra. In fact, the sparks were shocking and weakening Rengeki himself. Was he even focused? Maybe he was just in the wrong mindset.

You're really gonna end up screwing yourself over if you don't calm down, kiddo. Tadashi thought to Rengeki. The genin still showed no sign of getting the message, nor did he reply with voice. He only picked himself up and tried it again. The resulting shock was losing more and more control every time. This time it gave him too much of a charge and Rengeki was forced to his knees. You're wearing yourself down, cool it for a bit. Nothing. There was nothing but another attempt that nearly threw the kid to the ground. Hey! Knock it off! Stop ignoring me! Rengeki wasn't listening, his chakra was reaching its limits, as was his body and consciousness. LISTEN TO ME! The boy did the handsigns for the last time, and charged it into his finger. "DAMMIT STOP RENGEKI!" The genin turned his head so that he was facing Tadashi now. "What are you doing?" The Familiar demanded. Rengeki's only response, was falling backwards into the grass.

The ninja only started awakening a few hours later, his wake up call was an angry Familiar dropping dirt on his belly. He coughed as another heap was dropped onto his stomach. "What was that for?" He angrily demanded, switching to a sitting up position. Tadashi, always sarcastic and arrogant gave an evil grin. "You're dead, and I'm burying you. Fair enough?" "But I'm not-" He was cut off by a strong fist coming in contact with his left cheek. The boy hit the ground again, only this time he was dragged into a half-sitting up position by the same fist now gripping his collar and pulling him up. "Maybe not but you're halfway there and if you do some sh*t like this again I swear that you'll be completely dead next time!" Tadashi then let go of his collar and shoved him back down. "Now what the hell gave you the idea to do this?" "I had a nightmare...about Renji."

As suddenly speechless as the Familiar was, he didn't stay silent for more than 5 seconds. An angry growl was clearly rising from his throat. "You came out here and nearly killed yourself from overexertion all because of a damn nightmare about Renji?! YOU F***ING IDIOT! WHERE IN THAT LITTLE HEAD DID THE IDEA THAT HE WANTED YOU DEAD COME FROM?! I DEMAND TO KNOW! TELL ME YOU LITTLE PRICK!" "I WAS TRYING TO GET STRONGER!" Rengeki was never usually prone to sudden acts of needless anger, yet this was surely not a moment that was needless. "I WANT TO GET BETTER! SO THAT I CAN MAKE SURE THAT I DON'T DIE IN CASE I EVER NEED TO DO THE SAME THING HE DID!"

Both of them were at a stalemate, speechless and angry. They were both staring at one another with angry blazing eyes. In anger, you'd usually only see Tadashi as the dangerous one. If you were to look at them now, nobody could really tell the difference between them. They were both angry demons at this point.

An hour passed. Neither of them had backed down. Yet still Tadashi had forced Rengeki to stay down until his chakra had recovered. Now it was back to a usual rate, and the Familiar was starting to cool off, but only a little. With Rengeki finally better, he tried the jutsu again. This time the spark worked as it should have. He finally got it.

Although Rengeki's learning of the skill was complete, there was still a rift of anger between the two. One that will be settled within a day or two, but it was still there.
Cleared

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”