[Graded]a Stary walk

Bluggles

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Bluggles » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 am

Baako smiled as she saw Soku come from the tea house. she was happy that he wanted to know more about her. She knew she can trust him and that he wouldnt hurt her. She walked up to him and locked her left arm in his right arm and lead him along in the night. She started to head outside the gates of the village, she was taking him to the spot it all happened. She than whispered " dont worry about not seeing for i will be your eyes"
[chuninKumoBaako Ikimono • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]Points achieved: 24

Toshi

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Toshi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Soku's body tensed reflexively as Baako grasped his arm, all of this contact was starting to make him feel a little jumpy. Out of habit Soku associated physical contact with pain, on the battlefield the last thing you wanted to happen was for your opponent to get his or her hands on you. So ever since he could remember the special jounin had made a point of keeping his distance from everyone.

But Soku did his best to keep his cool and let Baako lead him past the village's gates. As they passed through the massive archway Soku's eyebrow arched high across his forehead. He turned to the cat woman towing him to god knows where and asked in a half serious half joking tone, "You aren't leading me into some ambush are you? That would kind of ruin my day."

The special jounin turned his head from side to side, squinting into the darkness through his charcoal grey eyes. Even though it was harder to see than normal (go figure) Soku could still make out several shapes in the moonlight. But he would never be able to navigate through this darkness as well as Baako could. Her catlike eyes were perfect for a situation like this.

Wherever they were heading Soku was going to have to rely on Baako to get around until his eyes adjusted to the lack of light.
CharacterShow
Former Hokage • Konoha • Nara Tousha

Bluggles

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Bluggles » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Baako giggled at Sokus words. She thought it was odd how he tenses up so easily. But she knew he wouldnt hurt her, and if he did it wasnt intentionally. Baako loved the darkness for it was a peaceful time. She lead Soku through the darkness, like a seeing eye kitty leading a blind man. She finally stopped and let go of Soku's arms. She walked ahead of him quietly. Her ears rotating, making sure there wasnt anything that was going to attack them. She than turned around on her heal. "Where here Soku, there is a stump about 3 steps to your right you can sit on if you like to rest." she spoke calmly, not her normal Hyper talk, for she didnt want to wake a sleeping beast that maybe around. She looked around nodding to herself. "yes, this is the spot" her voice had a slight hint of pain in it.

Toshi

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Toshi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Soku looked to his right and saw the vague outline of a large stump approximately three steps away from him. The special jounin carefully made his way over to it and sat down on top of it.

He watched Baako in the moonlight, her usual carefree and innocent behavior seemed to have slipped away like a discarded article of clothing. The Baako standing before Soku now was more calm. The hint of pain in her voice made her seem even more like an entirely different person.

"What happened to you here?" Soku asked his teammate quietly, almost as if he was asking himself a question that he did not know the answer to. "I've never seen you like this before."
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Bluggles » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Baakos eyes drifted on Soku, she smiled faintly and walked over to him, she reached down for his good hand and lightly grasped it. She moved it to her face and lightly brushed it against her smooth face. "see how soft and smooth this skin is?" she asked quietly. She than took his hand and placed it on her stomach where her scars where. "see how ravashed this skin is" she than turned sideways and moved his hand on her lower back, where there was more scars. " an this". she than let go of his hand, leaving it there on her back. She looked up at the stary sky. Here we go she thought to herself. She spoke softly.

"When I was young, my mother passed away, leaving me to care for my younger sisters as our father worked. a few days after her death, i took my youngest sister out to escape the pain in the house, for she didnt understand quite yet of what was going on." Baako started to tear, but continued to speak. "I took her to this very spot to pick berries and let her have fun. And than we were attacked." she stopped talking for a moment crying. she than wiped away her tears, and looked at Soku. "She was pinned in the thorn bushes by a large beast like dog, i was only eight at the time. And the only one there to defend her. So, i took a large stick and hit the beast in the jaw. I grabbed up my sister and ran. But i couldnt run fast enough." Baako took a couple breaths. "I throw my sister ahead of me and told her to get help right when the beast took my in his jaws." The tears than slowly faded away and anger filled her voice. "That animal shook me crazily, tearing apart my skin. And my little sister watched on as this happened. I eventually blacked out and than woken up in the hospital." Baako became silent for awhile, and waited till the anger disappeared.

"I called Akimi a dog, just cause she attacked me soo viciously, and the only thing that attacked me like that was that beast. yes she didnt attack me physically but attacking someone emotionally does the same damage." Baako than lowered her head.

Toshi

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Toshi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Soku managed to control his reflexive tensing habit when Baako grabbed ahold of his hand, but when she ran his hand along her stomach and lower back he had to summon all the willpower in his being to keep from blushing. He had not expected the situation to turn in that kind of a direction, the kunoichi had caught him completely off guard and probably hadn't even realized it.

Once Baako released his hand he slowly brought it back to his side, his attention completely engulfed by his teammate's story. By the end of it Soku's face had changed from expressionless and blank to one that was full of pity.

Soku knew better than anyone what it was like to lose a parent, he had lost both of them after all. He also knew how hopeless you felt after you come to terms with the fact that you will never see your loved one again.

But to have your flesh torn apart like that... it was something that Soku hoped he would never have to experience something like that. And here he was thinking that a little burn was painful. He had no idea what true physical pain was. And to think that this innocent, carefree girl had to go through something like that. It just seemed so unfair.

Then Soku watched her lower her head after explaining why she had called Akimi a dog.

"Just throw her a rope you moron." he heard his subconscience scream at him.

So the special jounin stood up and wrapped his arms around his teammate's body and rested his chin on the top of her head. He felt incredibly awkward and about as out of place as a Beethoven enthusiast at a Nickleback concert but he knew that Baako needed his support.

Fears of showing a shred of affection be damned, he couldn't stand Baako being this depressed when he knew he could do something about it.

"No one should have to go through something like that." Soku said in a soft but serious voice. "And as long as I'm around nothing like that's ever going to happen to you again."

A few very silent, awkward moments passed by and then Soku added, "But if you tell anyone I hugged you I'm leaving the village forever." He chuckled at his joke, but he mostly laughed because of the entire situation he was in.

Who was he and where in the hell had the real Soku gotten off to?
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Bluggles » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Baako stood there for a moment, the silence killed her. Soku, probably thinks im a tenderized piece of meat, or some dramatic fool. The thoughts clouded her mind. which than faded to a blush once Soku took her in his arms. "Sssoku-kun?" she was shocked. Never once she heard Soku holding someone like this, or even show sympathy. She than smiled lightly as she heard that Soku would protect her. For some reason, her heart ached and filled with more love for this man. She held him tightly. She was truly happy with him. Just being close to him, makes her feel safe.

Her ears than twitched when he said if she told anyone he would leave. She knew he was kidding, but she also knew if she told anyone, he wouldnt have his tough guy stature. "I wont tell soku, Only on one condition" This was her chance, her chance to express her true feelings for this man. Her one chance to find out if he feels the same. She looked up at Soku, for she can see his handsome face and his grey eyes. Oh how beautiful his eyes are. She than leaned up on her tippy toes and whispered "A kiss?"

Toshi

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Toshi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Soku's stomach dropped further than he could have possibly imagined.

"Oh my god.... WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Soku's inner voice screamed at the top of its lungs, mentally cursing itself and the special jounin for ever getting off of the stump.

Once again Baako had managed to turn the tables. First it had been at the forge when they had told her of Rai's sudden departure, next at the tea shop only a half hour ago, and now here in this god forsaken clearing.

Why couldn't she have just tried to kill him like everyone else?

Soku had been in countless spars, fights, and tussles, but never had he found himself in this situation. Even though he would never admit it to anyone even under penalty of death, Douteki Soku, the bad boy of Kumo, had never kissed a girl in his entire life. Since he spent most of his time working in his family's forge he had never had the time or felt the need to commit to a serious relationship.

Now that he was confronted with the opportunity he realized to his horror that he was more terrified than he had ever been.

"Think, man! It's been like thirty seconds! Do SOMETHING."

His subconscience was right, if he kept this up they would be waiting there in the forest until daybreak. He needed to make a move, and quick.

In one smooth motion Soku gripped Baako's hand and raised it to his eye level. He rested his lips on his teammate's hand and then placed it against her scarred stomach, the smooth skin that he had kissed pressed against the jagged bite marks.

Then the special jounin held his teammate's chin in his bandaged hand and gave her a roguish grin. "You won't win that easily, Baako." he said smoothly.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Bluggles » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Baako blinked for a moment. what the hell? She than realized that he did kiss her, but not where she expected to be kissed. All she could do was smile. She shook her head and giggled. "Soku-kun, you are quite a character." She looked up at him, "As promised, I wont mention the hug ... but I WILL MENTION THE KISS!" Baako than jumped in the tree above them, grasping on the branch and watching him. She was at peace with this place. This place was once a horrible memory, but now its destroyed by the most wonderful memory. She smiled slightly down at him. she laid on her stomach, she rested her chin on her hands. She whispered lowly, "I love you Soku-kun" and with that she stood up and blew a kiss down at him and disappeared in the darkened trees. The sun will rise soon, so she didnt have to worry about Soku being lost.

Toshi

[Graded]a Stary walk

Post by Toshi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Soku watched as Baako vaulted high into the air and clung to an overhanging branch.

Then she said something that no one had said to him since his mother was still alive. Three simple words that, once he thought about it, weren't simple in the least. He had just been telling Baako that she should learn to control herself and he had gone and come this close to planting one on her.

If Akimi had witnessed what had just happened he probably would have received the world's most chilling glare, but for the moment the only thing he could think of was Baako running through the streets screaming of their romantic encounter.

The sun rose over the horizon just after Baako blew an imaginary kiss his way. The special jounin lifted his hand and acted as if he caught the kiss, then winked at his teammate.

Once the cat woman was completely out of sight Soku slumped against the stump he had been sitting on and placed his face into his hands.

"Oh my god... that was a close one." he muttered, grinning like a fool.
CharacterShow

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”