Kumo's Forest

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:10 am

Rengeki walked through the woods, not really paying much attention to where he was going, not really caring. He was stress-free today. Why not spend it in a nice place? One of the forests around Kumo was surely a good area to be in. Of course, who'd let him enjoy it? Absolutely NOT his Familiar and polar opposite in nearly every way, Tadashi.

The Familiar was in the boy's shadow, not something he'd done in weeks and even he felt it might be relaxing. I don't see why you don't just walk with me. It's really nice here. I'm tired, and I don't wanna sleep on the job, so I'm staying in the darkness. Besides, I like this view just fine thank you. I can close my eyes, and yet still see what trouble you get yourself into, it's fun! Tadashi, you're too uptight.

Within a few hours, the sun was shining high over the forest. Rengeki had settled down against the foot of a large strong tree where he was writing while a beam of sun shine flowed perfectly over the paper. He could see perfectly, and his mind was clear because of the scenery. You're writing about him again...aren't you? Mhm...I miss him, you know? Yeah, I know. I miss him too. You never met him. I remember him all to clearly, Rengeki. I wasn't born, but I was still part of your heart. A part that was close to him... Renji... So what have you written so far? Chapter 16. Nice to hear you've gotten far, but could ya read a bit to me? Heh, we have the same eyes, Tadashi. Just look through mine. That's no fun, but why not? I forgot the last time I've read a bit Now's your chance. I'll take you up on it, kiddo.
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:50 am

Hikari, interestingly enough, had a free afternoon. Being a jounin in one of the world's largest shinobi villages does not usually lend itself to large quantities of free time, but at least for this afternoon, the Blind Sage had nothing to do. There was no paperwork to file. No rouge shinobi to track. Not even a single old lady who needed help crossing the street. When Hikari was a younger man, he would joke with his friends about days like this. "A rainout", they called it. Though Hikari knew he'd have to return his "rain check" tomorrow, he decided to get every minute possible out of the day.

What was even rarer was the sky was perfectly clear, a rare azure blue in a village so commonly shrouded by white and gray. Not only could Hikari take the day off, but he could spend it outside. And so he found himself on a pleasurable walk in the woods, taking in the sunshine and the dewey grass underneath his sandaled feet. The landscape, he was sure, was idyllic. It felt idyllic. Every flora in the forest seemed to be breathing life right into the pores of his skin.

All of a sudden it hit him. I simply...don't get days like this anymore. He shrugged. I better enjoy it. And with that, he took off into a full sprint, the wind zipping through his graying hair and simultaneously employing a calming, jacuzzi-like sensation upon his skin. Sometimes, he noted, Having super senses can be the best thing in the world.

Unfortunately, senses like his have a price. Hikari was only partially relying on his second sight, using it to stay on the path, but neglecting to search for obstacles in his way. Due to this, he did not sense the presence of the young boy who was perched under a tree at the side of the path. By the time he noticed the boy, a lithe presence that had just escaped his unnatural vision, it was too late. He could try to stop, but he knew he was hitting something.

Wham.

He didn't know what he hit--if it was the person under the tree, the tree itself, or something else--but Hikari went tumbling to the ground like he'd just been shot. He rolled, skidded to a stop, and checked his body. He had opened up a cut on his right arm, but nothing major. He turned to face the boy, and spoke.

"Are you alright?"

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Rengeki was taken by surprise at the running man, he didn't know who he was, but the man had nearly tripped over Ren. Instead, he'd tumbled over him. He groaned as he got to his knees and looked around.

"Are you alright?" The genin spotted the source of the sound, the old man. "I should be asking the same, sir. Can you stand? You're not hurt, are you?" Why's he wearing his headband over his eyes? Could explain why he bowled over like that when he hit you. I'm surprised, usually in a time like this you'd be in a fit, but you're right. Then again, I don't think a ninja would be dumb enough to wear their headband over their eyes, not without a reason. Hey, even I got some degree of respect for the elderly.

Ren ran to the man's side and grabbed his hand to help him up. "I'm Rengeki Faron, and I'm sorry about that, sir."
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:50 pm

((FYI, Hikari is not 'old' per se. He's only 37, just a little gray. Also, is your familiar visible or no?))

Knowing that the boy was safe allowed Hikari to study him with more attention. Using his Second Sight, Hikari was able to feel that he facing a thin child, almost emaciated, who was keeping mostly to himself. It's a good thing I didn't hit this kid full on...judging from his figure I might have killed him.

"I'm Rengeki Faron, and I'm sorry about that, sir."

Hikari chuckled, "It's no problem, kid. It was my fault. I should've been watching where I was going." He adjusted him forehead protector, which had slightly slipped down, almost revealing his disfigured eyes. No reason to startle him. As he moved his arm, a sharp pain moved through the cut on his arm. Ouch, I had better take care of this

Shousen no Jutsu

A spherical orb appeared in his hand. He placed it on his arm and watched as the cut quickly healed up. While he healed, he "looked" closer at the boy he had just ran into. He was what seemed to be a pile of papers in his hand. Hikari noted this duly and spoke to him.

"I am Mikadzuki Hikari. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Rengeki." He pointed at the papers with the hand that was not being used for healing. "You some kind of poet or something?"
Quote:
*Shousen Jutsu - Mystical Hand Technique
Range: Close
Shousen Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by medical ninja. This technique allows the ninja to heal wounds by focusing their own chakra to their hands. If the ninja is highly skilled, they are able to heal more critical injuries. Highly skilled medical-nins can use their techniques to perform surgeries that otherwise would not be possible.

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:03 pm

((OOC: Lol, I know he's not that old. Tadashi is just an ass like that. I only put 'old man' in the text as it was partly how one of them saw Hikari, and no Tadashi is not present.))

"N-no, I'm not a poet, really. I just write stories from time to time. I'm an amateur, but I still try." Tsk tsk, you put yourself down too much, bro. It's better than starting a fight and making everyone I know angry all the time. One time! ...Okay maybe ten, but cut me some slack. They were asking for it. You didn't even know half of those people! Well neither did you! And I STILL got stuck taking care of your mistake!

"So, if I might ask, what are you out here for, sir? I just thought it was a good day to do some writing outside."
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Hikari nodded approvingly. "A writer. Interesting." He had completed his healing, so the green aura around his left hand dissipated into nothing. Using his second sight, he tenuously searched the boy for his forehead protector, finally finding it around his neck. He tried to sense the etching and discovered the familiar Kumogakure clouds. Good...must be a genin...not one of those pesky travelers the Raikage lets into the village all the time.

The boy asked him what he was doing, so Hikari obliged him. "I am a village jounin. I do not get off days like this often. You shouldn't take any of your time as a genin for granted. Those are the best years of your life."

He thought about his own genin years. Had he enjoyed being a bully, pushing around mousy genin like the one in front of him right now? He really didn't know the answer to the question. He had experienced a kind of cathartic sensation at the time; whether it was pleasure or simply a neutral feeling he did not know. All he knew is that he would give a lot to be 14 again, to see the world again.

"So you're a genin?" Hikari inquired, "How do you like our lovely system?"

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Rengeki didn't really enjoy how the man had grabbed his headband, but once he let go the boy clasped it in his own hand. Hell, that must not have been the best part of your day. C'mon, did ya think he'd steal it? No, but it gives me an idea as to why he wears his like that. He grabbed directly at mine, but by the way his fingers moved he was feeling the etching. Okay, I get it. You think he might be blind. Just try not to be mean if you come out Tadashi. Heh, am I ever mean? The Familiar's familiar arrogance.

"I'm not sure what you mean, 'system'. But yeah, I am a genin." The minute he ended his sentence, his shadow began acting up. It seemed to jerk around strangely. It flickered as it moved. Despite how the sun was angled. Finally Tadashi burst up from behind Rengeki, right out of the kid's shadow. The Familiar stood beside his Master with his arm's crossed over his chest, which was in plain sight due to Tadashi never zipping up the vest he wore. "He's one of the most cowardly genin too, heheh." "Tadashi!" Rengeki yelled at his partner in frustration and utter embarrassment
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm

((He's not touching you, just using his Second Sight ability to "sense" the area around him. Not a big deal, though))

Hikari was pleased that the...thing had cheerily jumped out of the boy's shadow; he had grown tiresome of the boy's softspoken attitude, even though he shouldn't be one to talk. Nonetheless, the appearance of this mysterious figure intrigued the jounin; he didn't think he had ever seen anything like it. It's form, he could tell, was humanoid, and yet it had somehow kept hidden the entire time. Was it a summon? A kind of human pet? Hikari didn't know, but he thought it was, in a word, neat. I've got to get to the bottom of this one, he mused to himself, figure out what kind of a "brother" that is

Hikari let out a low chortle, a subtle, almost villainous laugh, meant not to intimidate but instead to express his bemusement with the mysterious figure. "That's quite the odd couple you've got there, Rengeki." A sly smirk crossed his smirk, as if he was sparring the boy and had just discovered his weakness. "I must ask, what is he? How does he work? I've never seen anyone who is able to completely cloak a battle companion, especially a genin." I'd like to get to the bottom of this. The kid has occupied some of my free time today...so he's going to make it interesting.

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Before Ren could get anything besides an "uh" out, Tadashi had flipped and jumped between his Master and Hikari. "'What is he? How does he work?' I gotta say, most human's would have the brains to speak to an individual on their own. Yet, you're talking to Ren as if I'm a tool. Not something I really appreciate, old man. The name is Tadashi! I'm the Familiar of Rengeki Faron! If you want to know what I can do and how I do it, then try asking face-to-face, instead of face-to-wuss." Rengeki, knowing that "wuss" label was aimed at him, gave his partner a look mixed with anger and unamusement. "As my Familiar, he can merge with my shadow and reappear at will. He just has to be touching my shadow to sink into it." Now it was the Familiar's turn to look a little ticked, and at his Master no less! "Thaaaanks, Ren. Now I KNOW I'm a tool." He said sarcastically before sitting down beside Rengeki with arms crossed over his chest.
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:10 am

Hikari thought this was funny--12 year old him, in the form of a "familiar". It was quite neat, and something Hikari would have liked to have. He sometimes wished he could talk to his younger self, point out his mistakes to him. I wonder how one would go about acquiring such a peculiar ability? He thought none of it, assumed it was some kind of bloodline. Now came the fun part, as he would put the trashtalking Tadashi in his place.

He slowly approached the familiar wordlessly, until they were almost standing on top of one another. Quietly, under his breath, Hikari muttered, "I talked to Rengeki as if you were a tool for that precise reason. You are a tool, Ta-da-shi." The last word was uttered with a scent of poison, as if Hikari was a malicious person. He was, however, not angry at all. Simply bemused at this genin and his...interesting mannerisms. Without removing his "gaze" from Tadashi, he spoke to Rengeki, "You better get your little sidekick under control. There's no knowing what kind of trouble he could get you into with some of our less...friendly...jounin." He slurred the last three words, intending them to be directed at both halves, but really awaiting a reply from Tadashi, curious about how the familiar would stand up to Hikari's invasion of his personal space.

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:55 am

The arrogant Familiar only laughed, taking a mere second to regain a bit of composure and returning to his unbelievable level of arrogance. He put his face right up to Hikari's and said in a low growl, while keeping a smirk on his lips, "That's funny, old man. But I gotta say, if I'm any kinda tool, then you're one too. All human's are, at one point or another, a tool to someone else. Though just by looking at you, I can already see that your no ordinary tool. You're rusted and broken. Your headband's probably dated from a hundred years ago! At least that much I can SEE!" Placing a lot of emphasis on the last word, Tadashi knew that Hikari might not care if he could see or not, but sure as hell the Familiar was pretty ticked that the Jounin had called him a tool. "Tadashi, just calm down, will you?" Begged Rengeki.
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:39 am

Hikari could see that the familiar was getting flustered. But of course. He is the familiar of a 12 year old. He would get angry easily. This might be a good chance to teach a lesson to an impressionable boy. He smiled heartily and the familiar. "Why, Tadashi, of course I am a tool! I do whatever the Raikage asks of me, as well you should, unless you want Rengeki here to be excommunicated." Still smirking at the wiry youth, blanketed in shadow, Hikari made a quick string of hand seals and fired Raiton: Yama no Jutsu at a nearby dead log. Upon impact, the tree exploded in a shower of wood and bark.

His head hadn't moved an inch. Still standing directly in front of Tadashi, he continued to speak. "There are people who you can play your little word games with. In general, village jounin are those type of people. You must understand I have been reformed, but had you run into me 15 years ago and used the same disrespectful language, you'd look a lot like that log right about now." He turned to face Rengeki. "You seem like a nice enough kid, but you've got to get this guy under control. He'll get you killed one day."
SpoilerShow
*Raiton • Yama No Jutsu - Lightning Element • Rifle technique
Range: Mid
After completing a simple set of hand seals the user will either focus chakra into their bladed weapon or index finger. He or she then points their hand (or the tip of their weapon) at the target and fires off a high velocity bolt of lightning. The lightning bolt itself will only cause minor damage, but due to the speed of the attack the impact is more than enough to knock the air out of someone or send them flying backwards.

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Rengeki nor Tadashi looked at the log, Rengeki because he was a little scared now, Tadashi because he was too arrogant. But something snapped when Hikari said that it was Tadashi who would be Rengeki's undoing.

"You seem like a nice enough kid, but you've got to get this guy under control. He'll get you killed one day."

Get him under control? It wasn't Tadashi who had made the first move! It's not Tadashi who's making threats or preaching about crap! Rengeki's fear turned to rage. His own hand seals flashed quickly and his next move was putting his palm next to the side of Hikari's head. "If you continue to say that my partner is my own ill-fortune, then that'll be your undoing, Hikari." It was unlike the boy to take offense even in situations like this, but when you insult his best friend, his comrade and companion, his Familiar, Ren wouldn't hold back. His lack of calling Hikari "sir" or addressing him with the honorific "san" was a symbolism of his immediate disrespect of the man. "Heh, I know when I need to shut my mouth, old man. I know just how arrogant and cocky I can be, but sure as hell I'm not that big a fool! Especially since I'm far from ever having senility set in!"
SpoilerShow
*Raiton • Raikou Dageki [Lightning Element • Lightning Shock]
D-rank Ninjutsu
A technique utilized by Raiton users to deliver a small but powerful shock to an opponent by focusing an electrical current into the palm of their hand. Can be used at a range of up to five meters, but is more powerful with direct contact.
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:36 am

((Hey, sorry for the delay. Are you attacking me, or simply threatening it? Let me know and I'll get a post up.))

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:09 pm

((OOC: It's a threat.))
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Hikari did not even flinch as the boy conducted a lethargic series of hand seals and thrust and outstretched palm to his head. I doubt he has a jutsu strong enough to incapacitate me. Even if he did, he wouldn't use it against a village jounin. He can't have that little common sense...can he? Sure enough, Rengeki did not fire off whatever blast he was holding in his hand. Well, that's worthless now.

He shook his head. "Foolish boy. Foolish, foolish boy. Don't you know that attacking a vil-" He abruptly cut off on purpose, figuring this was the best way to catch Rengeki off guard. He knew from the boy's seal speed that he was significantly faster. He would be unbelievably shocked if the genin managed to dodge. With a quick turn, he swung his right arm around, attempting to knock away Rengeki's arm. Not waiting to see whether or not he connected, he simultaneously aimed a high hook kick to the boy's neck. If it connected, he would be able to wrap his leg around the neck and drag Rengeki down. Once there, Hikari could easily pin him with his arms.

"You-do-not-mess-with-village-jounin"

Zero

Kumo's Forest

Post by Zero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Rengeki had little choice but to take every blow that Hikari dealt him, the pin laid in all too easy. The Familiar, automatically pissed that the Jounin had attacked his partner, immediately changed to tiger form and lunged at Hikari. H-Hey! I don't think that's the best idea! Tadashi! It was obvious that the Familiar wasn't thinking, he was just in a blind rage.
Cleared

Deleted User

Kumo's Forest

Post by Deleted User » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Hikari sighed. Very predictable. Without a further thought, Hikari attempted to spin 90 degrees and throw Rengeki into his charging familiar. If it worked properly, the two would collide midair and fall to the ground in a heap. Not taking any chances, he followed the rotational inertia he created from the attempted throw by combat rolling to his left in order to leave the familiar's path of destruction. Without wasting a second, he popped to his feet and prepared a series of handseals, using Chakra Scalpel to create a sharp, fine blade of chakra in the area around each hand.

He sighed and spoke to the pair. "I'll warn you one last time. Do not attack me, and I will leave. Calm down."
SpoilerShow
*Chakra no Mesu - Chakra Scalpel
Range: Close
Chakra no Mesu is a special Ninjutsu technique used by medical ninjas. After forming the needed handseals, the ninja will focus chakra to their hands. When their charged hands reach the body of their target, they can extend the chakra internally into the targets body to cut and neatly slice their muscles and blood vessels without harming the surface skin. This technique can be used in battle, but because of its hectic nature, the fine precision required for an instant kill is not feasible. Damage can still be done to the vital organs, but the technique should be used carefully in battle.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”