[Graded]Driving Rain

Deleted User

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by Deleted User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Pitter patter pitter patter.

Hikari was up early. From the amount of sun he felt on his body, he could tell it couldn't be later than 6:30. Of course, he couldn't tell for sure due to the heavy rains that were falling. They were so heavy that he knew they could be blocking out more sun than he expected.

No matter what time it was, Hikari knew that he had been up for over a half hour, sitting outside in the rain. As a young boy, he had hated the rains, cursing them with every fiber of his being and damning his own luck that he would have to grow up in the one village known for it's precipitation. During the worst days, he would refuse to move at all, staying all cozy in his bed away from the wetness and the cold.

Somewhere, however, something changed. At some point, definitely after he saw the world for the last time, he began to enjoy the rain. He liked to feel it crashing down on his skin, each droplet connecting, due to his increased sensitivity, with the force of a gunshot. At this point, he was standing out in the middle of the street, water seeping through his clothes, through his forehead protector, and into the wounded holes where his eyes used to be. It was bliss.

A loud crack of thunder echoed through the village. It was sure to awake many of the nearby civilians, still coveting their warm beds as a shelter from the rain. But not Hikari. He knew he looked weird standing out in the rain, but that, not his house, was where he felt sheltered.

KiKage

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by KiKage » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Never had such a soft, firm mattress felt so jagged and uncomfortable. Masuyo Akimi had spent most of her night only partially between sleep and consciousness; she was far enough towards slumber that she could dream, and far enough towards awakeness that she couldn't discern them from reality. Her mind was plagued with thoughts of how she was abandoning her integrity, but her decision was certainly for the best....

It wasn't even 7:00 AM yet, but Akimi had already awoken and left her home. Of course, it was raining. Rain was never her favorite weather; she'd always had quite a penchant for the warm, bright sun. 'Oh, well. At least this will get my mind off of things.' As she strolled through the so-far empty Village Hidden in the Clouds, Akimi concentrated on her hair, and how miserable the feeling of wet locks clinging to her face was.
[Special Jounin • Kumogakure no Sato • Masuyo AkimiPoints Achieved: 17] [Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Takara SayuriPoints Achieved: 18]

Deleted User

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by Deleted User » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:45 pm

((I'll assume that our characters know each other vaguely, as they are both high-ranking members of the village.))

Hikari did not know how long he stood there, letting the rain pour down his face and sculpted body. It could've been 10, 15, 20 minutes; he did not know for sure. One of his favorite things about the morning was it's stillness; No need for frequent blips of second sight, nothing to interfere with his calm. For the time he stood in the rain, he sent out very infrequent blips, only to make sure he could afford to remain calm and collected. So when an electrical charge entered his range, it shocked him more that even would be expected from a blind man.

He quickly snapped out of his trance, his heart beating more rapidly than it should have been, considering that whatever had entered his range was moving slow and clearly was no threat. He focused his senses on the oncoming figure. Using his second sight he examined the oncoming person's physique. He blushed slightly as he discovered that he was groping a woman. She would not feel anything or even know that he was "searching" around her body, but it still made him a bit uncomfortable. Judging by her toned physique, she was clearly a shinobi, probably of a higher rank. One of the female shinobi of the village...can't tell which one until I hear her voice.

He did not go to her but instead let her come to him. No need to be confrontational. He made no effort to hide the fact that he was clearly just standing in the rain. Let her think whatever she wants. As she came nearer to him, he composed himself. He would only be saying one word, but if it came out funny it would make it even odder to any passersby that he was standing out in the middle of the rainstorm. As she passed, he uttered this single word.

"Morning."

KiKage

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by KiKage » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 pm

((I usually assume that, too, especially in Kumo, where everybody knows everything about everyone. Kumo's really close-knit and stuff.))

As Akimi walked through the still-sleeping Cloud Village, her mind was concentrating so hard on not thinking about the previous night that she almost jumped out of her skin when she was greeted out of the blue. 'Jesus Christ! You'd think that, as a ninja, I would be more aware of these things.' Once she actually looked at the man, though, she immediately recognized him as Mikadzuki Hikari, whom she only knew as the blind shinobi of Kumogakure.

"Oh, Mikadzuki-san," she greeted with a bow, grimacing at the way her wet hair clung to her skin, "you surprised me for a moment, there. Good morning. Why are you out and about so early today?" Her shrill voice would surely give her identity away to Hikari, but her tone was unnaturally happy and positive, when it was normally a bit cold and distant.
[Special Jounin • Kumogakure no Sato • Masuyo AkimiPoints Achieved: 17] [Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Takara SayuriPoints Achieved: 18]

Deleted User

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by Deleted User » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:29 pm

As he addressed the woman, his second sight detected a noticeable jump in nervous impulses. Huh, he thought silently to himself, I guess I must have startled her. Guess I wasn't careful enough with my...word. Judging by her response, Hikari was able to identify the rogue walker: Masuyo Akemi, Special Jounin. I wonder what's she doing out here...the rain has never seemed like her forte. Judging by her tone, maybe I need to observe my fellow Kumogakure shinobi more closely.

Akimi was one of the shinobi who Hikari assumed was very attractive. Though he had only met her a couple times, the way his fellow jounin talked about her made him consider her to be one of the more pleasant-looking shinobi in the village. Though he had never seen her, obviously, he felt her nerves contained a sort of jumpy quality, like, though she may appear good-looking on the outside, her insides were chaotic and full of repressed emotion. Obviously he would never know, but if he couldn't rely on his nerves, what could he rely on?

"Why so early, you ask? It is simple. When the day is still young, there are less disturbances, affording me a more complete amount of...serenity. The rain only helps me reach this goal." He did not mean to sound dismissive, but worried that his tone had made him seem like he was insulting the young jounin. He did not mean her any ill will, though she had interrupted his peace; he had never had any quarrel with her. Trying to lighten the mood, he continued to speak. "How about you, Akimi? What brings you between the raindrops at this hour? I do hope you're not standing out here the way I am; you'll catch your death." He turned to face Akimi head on, and awaited her reply.

KiKage

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by KiKage » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Though she felt a bit offended by the way Hikari had initially implied that he wanted her gone, the young woman then realized that he had just worded his thoughts in the wrong way; his follow-up showed that he didn't mind her presence. Well, not that she wanted to stay and talk, but manners and politeness among shinobi are always necessary... 'Of course, I realize that now.' Before she could get any deeper into her tangled thoughts, Akimi pulled herself back to the situation at hand.

Mikadzuki Hikari's blindness was a bit unsettling--not that Akimi looked at him any differently or felt uncomfortable around him or anything of that sort. It was just that it became blatantly obvious what a valuable thing sight was; even though the man was directly facing her, she was practically invisible to him. She could be baring her fangs at him, or she could be nude, or she could be completely unkempt, and he wouldn't know the difference. It just made her feel like he was vulnerable. That certainly wasn't the case; he was an accomplished shinobi. But in social situations, she just couldn't help but feel like he was painfully handicapped.

She ignored these feelings. "I was just having some trouble sleeping last night, Mikadzuki-san," Akimi admitted candidly in her high-pitched timbre. "I have a lot of my mind; I was hoping that the rain might help me clear my thoughts." She chortled, "It seems like we're out for the same reason, huh? I guess most people don't stand in the rain when they're not trying to find peace."

Deleted User

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by Deleted User » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:27 pm

In Hikari's super-sensitive ears, Akimi's drilling soprano was even more high-pitched and banshee-like than to a normal human. This really sucks, but she's a very nice woman. I should really humor her, even if it hurts my ears. That's the polite thing to do. With a nice smile, he responded to his colleauge, "Au contraire, Akimi. I can never get true peace. Something out there is always buzzing, keeping my attention focused here, there, and everywhere. Actually, it's just the opposite. I come here to feel. It is much more interesting to be blind in the rain than to be blind outside it." Don't know how long I would last in Sunagakure...too dry.

Despite the fact that he was enjoying the rain, Hikari figured it was time to move out of the rain. He was soaked, and his skin began to itch as the fabric of his shinobi fishnet slipped and slided clumsily against his skin. At the same time, though, he figured that he should be chivalrous the Akimi. He stretched widely and continued to speak. "Well, I think I'm going to head over to Chahitsu for a cup of green tea. You're welcome to join me of course." He tilted his head slightly to the right, awaiting Akimi's decision. "At any rate, you should really get out of the rain. You must have ruined an entire outfit by now."

KiKage

[Graded]Driving Rain

Post by KiKage » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:58 pm

"That must be frustrating," She observed aloud. "Never being able to enjoy quiet and always being disturbed, I mean. Irony's a bitch like that." Her attempt to be unprofessional, using profanity so casually like the other shinobi did, seemed forced, like she was clearly uncomfortable with what she was trying to make herself be.

Until this point, Akimi hadn't even given a thought to her clothing. Then she realized that it was completely soaked through, just as Hikari had thought. 'God damn it. I'm going to have to discard of this now. Instead of scoffing, as she wanted to, the no-longer austere and unyielding woman chuckled as she looked down at her drenched apparel.

"Huh. Looks like I have destroyed this outfit. A cup of tea would definitely help out right now." She pushed out a mechanical chuckle and turned to begin walking down the way to the Chahitsu House of Tea. 'This approachable, unprofessional thing is going to take some getting used to. Fuck.'

((Wanna continue this in a new topic in the Chahitsu forum?))

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”