Once Familiar, Now Unrecognizeable

Zero

Once Familiar, Now Unrecognizeable

Post by Zero » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:12 pm

The night was peaceful and calm, most of the village seemed silent as a rock and as dead as one too. Tadashi smirked as he busted open the door to Rengeki's room. The sound of the door losing a big chunk of its build in the middle and the top hinge being shot from its place by the impact, woke the sleeping genin. He was looking directly at the open door now, but more importantly his Familiar who was in the doorway, with eyes that were half-open with both disappointment and sleepiness. The boy was still laying on his pillow, with the covers pulled over his shoulders as the Familiar waltzed in and threw down a large chain on the floor in front of Ren's bed. His eyes looked at the chain long enough to notice a big hook at the end. "Tadashi..." The Familiar, unphased by his little scene of pointless chaos and still beaming with his cocky smile growing from ear to ear, answered "Yeah, Ren?" "Just where were you for the passed few hours? And what's with the change in attire?" It hadn't taken him long to notice that Tadashi was also sporting a new black leather jacket that had made sleeves covering his arms, but only covered his upper chest, not even going down to his midriff. As his style, the jacket was unzipped. The Familiar also seemed to be wearing matching leather pants, a new pair of black boots, as well as a set of black leather gloves with silver balls on the knuckles. "At the hardware store, now check this! I seriously think that this little trinket might be a good nice addition to your arsenal!" The Familiar went over and picked up the long chain with the hook at its end and looked at Rengeki. As he looked back up, the genin was already standing in front of his partner. The same expression glued to his sleepy face. "Tadashi..." The Familiar's once cocky grin, turned to a hollow, wide-eyed, shaky smiled expression. He knew that his Master was a 'little' angry at him. "Y-Yeah?" "Where...did you get this...?" He pointed at the chain. "And what...is with this...?" He pointed at his partner's new jacket. "Uhh... I uh... I used the cash from our last mission...to buy the new clothes and I thought the chain would make it up to ya...so I bought it from the hardware store on my way home..." A moment of silence passed between Master and Familiar. "...I see." The boy stood up and started walking back to his bed. "Y-ya do?" Rengeki climbed back into his bed and pulled the covers over him again as he faced the opposite direction of the door, at the window that was on the wall his bed was put up against. The window was right next to Ren's pillow and had nothing covering it. The sunlight shining through the window was the only alarm he had, that and Tadashi, who was now stunned and wondering what just happened. "So uh...what do ya see, Ren?" "I'm dreaming, and when I wake up the money will be back, the chain won't be there, and you'll be back in your usual clothes. That's all, good night." Tadashi's face went into a dead frown. As Rengeki's near silent breath's sounded in the room, the Familiar knew this was no dream and if his Master woke up in the morning to find things the way they were when he went back to sleep, Tadashi was screwed.

In the morning, the sun was shining high, right through the window in Ren's room. He had forgotten all about the "dream", but was definitely confused why there was a loud banging noise around his room. He rolled over to see a sulking Tadashi screwing in a new hinge for the door, and a wide board covering the hole he'd put in the door when he'd entered the night before. Rengeki, confused as he thought it was just a dream, turned back over and went back to sleep. "Damn it, damn it, damn it." He mumbled as he was finishing up. I'm such an idiot, I knew he wouldn't approve. And then I went and bought that damn chain. It'd a lethal weapon, but I'm not sure he could use it. He can use the chain whips easily with his amount of control. But that thing is only like a few more pounds than them. He wouldn't have many problems if he learned how to use it! Damn it! "Tadashi." The voice stunned the Familiar as he was putting away the screwdriver. "We need to start training. You bought that weapon, now I'll use it." "I thought you wouldn't like it. You were so angry at me...ya know?" "Yeah well, get suited up in that new get-up of yours. I need to start learning how to use it the hook chain." The boy got up and started getting dressed. Tadashi even changed clothes back into his new black leather suit. "I'm not gonna regret this, am I?" He gave a nervous half-smile to his Master, who was just putting on his necklace and attaching his bracelet. "Nope. We just need to get all that starch out of your clothes. No better way to do that than to work up a sweat and stretch it a bit." He smiled at his partner. The Familiar's fear was now gone and replaced by his air of cockiness and arrogance yet again.

The large hook swiped at the Familiar again. Tadashi leaned back into a crab walk as it was launched at him. The hook caught nothing and Rengeki quickly reeled it in. "Not bad, kiddo! Your aim is perfect with it! How's the feel of it?" "It'll take a while, but the chain links feel good enough to work. But it still feels kinda heavy." "You'll get over that, c'mon keep going!" Tadashi was only a few yards from the boy, but his idea at this point of "keep going" was a sudden turn from offense to defense! He lunged at Rengeki, jumping into the air and coming down with an axe kick aimed at the kid's head. The genin quickly gripped the chain at different area's along its links and pulled in opposite directions while holding it upwards to Tadashi's ankle. The kick was unable to follow through because the chain was tightened. This made the Familiar fall back onto his hands and to flip himself away as Rengeki now threw the hook down into the ground, if the Familiar hadn't moved it would have dug right into his back. "Nice counter! Now, try this!" Tadashi transformed into his tiger form and jumped forward in a lunge at Ren. The genin ducked and surged forward as well, he was just low enough to pass under the tiger. As he went by he wrapped the chain around it's hind legs and as it landed, the boy was pulled along with the chain. He was slung around behind the tiger and was dropped to laying on the ground. Got it, so the chain's length is about 4 yards, give or take a few inches. Holding it as long as I have, I estimate it's weight to be about 15 pounds. It's so light, and judging by how Tadashi threw me around like that, but there was no break in the links, it must be pretty durable metal. Just what material is this? "Ren! Focus on the fight, you idiot!" The genin's attention was back on Tadashi, he was back in his 'human' form with his new outfit, and his right leg still in the chain. Rengeki smiled and jerked the chain. That strong tug pulled Tadashi off balance and a little closer to Rengeki. He smiled and pounced on his Familiar. Tadashi was on his belly, now with a large hook-point held at his neck. Rengeki's hand on the other end. "Checkmate, Tadashi." His partner smirked. "Nice job, kiddo."
Cleared

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”