Rengeki's Unfamiliar Embarrassment.

Zero

Rengeki's Unfamiliar Embarrassment.

Post by Zero » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Tadashi lunged at Rengeki, the boy raised his claw around his side and prepared to slash horizontally as the Familiar came closer. Oh no, I've seen that strike before! Tadashi knew just how Rengeki's swing would go, and he'd fallen for it too many times before. Instead of his regular lunge, Tadashi quickly switched his offensive strike to a counter move. If Ren did try to slash him, then he'd easily evade and give him a swing at his back. The Genin definitely couldn't do anything about this, instead of taking it head on he leaped to the side. Tadashi kept going straight, but caught his balance and charged at Rengeki again, back in his offensive movements. Once more the Genin evaded to the side, and once more the Familiar missed, but instead of giving him the chance to retaliate, Rengeki doubled-back and managed to knock Tadashi across the cheek with the back of his claws. "Nice job! You're starting to keep up with me!" The Genin didn't lower his guard even as his Familiar congratulated him. "C'mon, I'm ready for another!" He yelled across the grass to his partner. "Too bad. I'm tired, and that hit you dealt me kinda hurt!" "Huh?" Indeed, Rengeki hadn't expected Tadashi to admit to feeling pain, above all a hit from the Genin!

The Familiar and his Master were in one of the forest's around Kumogakure, they'd decided not to head out to their usual spot today because of how clear it was, and considering how Rengeki wanted a challenge today, they'd headed to one of the big forests. So far, he'd had a bit of trouble maneuvering around the trees and getting around on the slightly rougher terrain. But with the bigger challenges, came a better environment. For one thing, they'd actually passed a natural hot spring on their way. Tadashi had noticed how Rengeki was tired after their fight, and practically forced him to calm down in it while the Familiar explored around the forest.

Rengeki settled into the hot spring, luckily it was moderately deep and just shallow enough for him to stay above the water from his shoulders up. Plus, it was surrounded by tall bushes so nobody passing by could see it that well, wonder how Tadashi found it? He'd left his clothes on the shore before getting in, but he still stayed close to the bank. By now, the sun was down and the moon was shining brightly in the sky, figured considering it was late in the afternoon when his training had begun. As soon as the water touched his skin, the pain of his beating from Tadashi came out ten-fold. The boy flinched a bit but soon relaxed. I don't think we've trained like that in a long time, dang even my hands are hurting from gripping my chains so hard. My claw left a mark on my left hand even! Apparently I still need to fight harder with Tadashi. I'm still no where as fast as him, or as strong. I wonder how he manages to copy my appearance without making his muscles pump up? Whatever, it's not that big a deal. The bruises are proof he wants me to get stronger though. The boy sank a little lower into the water. Before he did though, his ears caught a certain sound that seemed a bit off-key compared to what he's used to. It rang again as he stood up again. It took a bit, maybe another two catchings of it to finally recognize it. Rengeki's eyes went wide and he went back underwater to his chin. The sound was giggling. Someone was watching, and there was no chance of it being Tadashi, the laughter sounded too...female. Immediately Rengeki darted closer to the bank and let himself sink under. He kept his eyes open and looking toward the surface as he held his breath. He saw the grass rustle, and out came a girl. She was beautiful! Brown hair pulled into a braid that was over her right shoulder and a body frame you'd expect of a model, along with a face that would melt a man's heart. She wore a white shirt along with a matching mini-skirt. Had she seen Rengeki? Hopefully not, considering how clear the water was and the fact that his clothes were on the bank. Luckily they were far away from her. The girl looked over the water and mumbled something to herself. The Genin had just managed to read her lips through the water. 'I could have sworn there was' -pause- 'someone over here.' She shook her head and mumbled something else. "Maybe I was just hearing things, but it would still be funny to find someone here.' Rengeki looked away now. He couldn't bear to keep watching those lips say another word. If he had been looking, he might have seen the girl go away. Instead he suddenly realized that his lungs were hurting, ready to give in any second! Can't let her see me. Can't let her see me. Damn... It! His mouth parted and his air was released in bubbles. He had no choice now. Water would fill his lungs and he would die, or he could resurface now and hope the girl had left. He chose the lest painful route and lurched upward to the surface. The water broke through with a loud splash, and a lot of sputtering from the poor, naked, Genin. He coughed up the water he'd taken in, quite loudly to be honest. In less than a second the girl had popped through the bushes again. "I knew it!" She declared with a big smile on her face. Rengeki, embarrassed worse than ever, could only blush and duck down again. He was still close enough to the surface to catch a bit at her next words. "You don't have to do that you know." But Rengeki still stayed down. He didn't care if his lungs burst, he couldn't appear in front of the girl as he was. Blushing underwater is never a good choice...it's even worse if your lungs are hurting already. The Genin couldn't hold it for long and quickly burst back up again, his face a bit whiter from the water, but the red still easily shown. She laughed. "I don't see the point in doing that, I can just wait up here until you came back up you know." This was obviously not the kid's day. However, he was sure that a familiar voice was a slight stroke of luck as Tadashi stepped in through the bushes. "Yo, Ren!" Then he saw the girl. "Oi! Rengeki what the hell have you been doing? Were you teasing a girl or something?" The Familiar winked at his Master. While the Master's face was full of dread. At that moment, Rengeki immediately sunk down into the water without even taking a breath. He could see the two above talking. Apparently there was a misunderstanding, damn Tadashi. The girl looked away as the Familiar dove into the water and retrieved his partner. Once up top, he whispered in Rengeki's ear for him to get dressed, NOW. It took a slap or two to get his mind working again, but he did get dressed. Quicker than he ever would have on a day that he had to go to the Academy, that's for sure.

Once Rengeki had gotten dressed they both made a break for it. The girl turned around just in time to see them run out. They both heard her laughing at them. Still, the Genin couldn't shake the feeling that he might see her again. Maybe it was just because he kept thinking about how cute she was...
Cleared

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”