[Mission] Prayers for Children

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 pm

linkShow
viewtopic.php?&t=4902356/1/ <- Mission request :D
The blanket of night had long since descended upon Kumogakure.In the outskirts of this great mountainous village lies a large stone building. This stone building had a steeple toward the back, and the large oak doors were flanked by giant carvings of stone warriors. One armed with a sword and another with a spear, the statues held their weapons in an arc over the entryway. The young shinobi would have to walk up a flight of stairs to enter through the huge, thick doors. Lights were on inside and hymns were audible on the night air. An evening gathering was just beginning, the perfect opportunity for the young girl to learn more about these people.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Takihime walked through the brisk nighttime air, listening to the chirp of the crickets and the sound of her footsteps on the ground. Her first mission had been 10 times more than what she hoped for. The larger majority of the D-ranked missions available were pointless grunt work, which Takihime despised doing with a passion. Instead, she was given an opportunity to do some investigative work, where she could put her skills to the test and truly prove herself as a ninja.

As she approached the large stone building, she was taken aback by the large carvings and the general structure of the place. She heard what she knew was singing, and she knew that these "righteous men" were near. It was go time.

She walked past the giant stone statues, taken one last look at them, until she slowly started making her way up the stairs. To her knowledge, none of these men were dangerous, they were just greedy, but nobody could be sure. It was her job to find out.

As Takihime approached the end of the stairwell, she noticed what looked like 2 very large, thick doors. A few light inaudible taps on the doors confirmed this. Her ears perked up a little, and her tail began to wag a little bit in the anticipation of the forthcoming events. She took a few moments to gather herself, took a deep breath, and with a clenched fist, knocked on the door.
Hyuuga HinoiriGenin - Konohagakure
Nagatomo KenC-rank Samurai - Land of Miracles

RIPShow
Ote Takihime - Genin - Kumogakure no Sato

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:56 pm

The door was opened by a smiling man in black robes. He had a bald head and his habit had a weird symbol on the front of it. With a great flourish of his hand, he loudly announced to those within, "My holy family, we have another sister to join us this night. We welcome you sister, and wish to inform you that you need not knock. Come, sit and pray with us. Together we can strengthen our spirit."

The strange man ushered her in to a spare seat. All around the young shinobi seemed to be ordinary people singing, there were only three "men of god" to be seen, but there could always be more. One held a plate, on which was already several monetary offerings to 'god'.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Ote Takihime stared at the man for about a second or 2, her eyes fixated on the faint aura around him. It was a strange color, but she still couldn't be to sure about the man. She had to bait him a little more. Takihime smiled and gave a slight bow.

"Thank you kind sir! I believe it is an act of the divine for which I've found myself here today"

Takihime smiled, and ushered over to the nearest empty spot she could find. Looking at the people around her 2 at a time, she could tell that a lot of them were very happy to be here, and were overwhelmed with joy.

These must be the suckers.

She looked at what she presumed to be the other holy men. There glow was the same, but the shading was off. Surely there was something amidst in all of this. The tricky part was going to be proving it.

This would take some time though, and Takihime decided she would have to play the part a little. She began to sing and dance, and raise her hands in the air, "rejoicing" in the name of God.
JutsuShow
Kyoukan Me
Doujutsu
This is the constantly active doujutsu of the Ote clan. Ote clan members are able to sense relative emotions of someone that they look at, being able to tell if the person is angry, sad, sly, or anything else. The Ote can tell by a slight aura around the person, that's shaded in the correct color (rage being red, sadness being blue, and so on). The higher control that the user has, the more people that they can focus on, with the number being equal to their stamina.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 pm

The strange man walked up to the lectern in the middle of the room and raised his hands to the sky. "My good people! I ask that you cease your singing and listen to this word of our most benevolent god! But, before I go on, I would like to ask you to make a donation, however small, to those who really need help. To the homeless and the sickly, we pass around this collection plate, so that the brothers and I may prepare food and clothing for them." The man announced. The man's huge smile was genuine, but it was for a different reason than being happy about giving to the poor. He had never believed that fooling so many people was possible, and now he was profiting greatly.

As the man's 'brother' with the collection plate walked forward, a small doorway was revealed to be behind him. It seemed to lead in the direction of the steeple from outside.It seemed to be the only doorway that didn't lead to outside in the room. The man handed the plate to a woman at the other end of the Ote girl's row, she would be the last to have the plate. As the plate reached her, the brother beckoned for her to bring it up to him. All of these 'men of god' were reveling in their greed beneath their kind, soft exterior expressions.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Takihime ceased her singing when the man, who she presumed to be the leader, asked to do so. She followed routinely with the others. Continuing her gaze at the 3 men, these men of God, their auras were bright green. They were all genuinely happy, but for what reasons she had no way of knowing.

As the donation plate went from person to person down the row, she caught a glimpse of a doorway on the other side of the room, where the men were standing. This was a point of interest, and she took a mental note of it.

The donation plate finally reached her, and Takihime gripped it with both hands, knowing that they were going to be expecting her to give up some loot.

I can't give any money, that won't help me. I'll try not putting any, see how they react.

Takihime stood up, donation plate still grasped tightly. "Alas my new brothers, I've no money to give. I do have my time and energy, however, which I'm more than willing to give. I will help you prepare food and clothing, and...". Takihime thought for a second. What would really rile them up?

"I propose we give half of our profits directly to the families of those who need help. What say you my brothers and sisters?"

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 am

"It is okay sister, if you cannot make a donation today, then that is fine. If you wish to do some work for the church, you may stay behind with the other ladies after mass has ended to prepare help packages. And while your proposal is right and just, all profits go directly to the homeless, not just half. Is this not right my brothers and sisters!?" the leading man replied, rising into a shout at the end. He sure did know how to work a crowd, as the entire room erupted in shouts of praise and euphoria. The man had taken the small girls attempt to rally the crowd in her favor and twisted it to make them cheer for him.

However, while the man spoke to her, a hint of suspicion was beginning to worm its way into his mind. He wanted to know who this girl with the strange eyes was, since she had turned up and failed to follow the others in handing over money. Of course she had offered to work, but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit wary.

The mass passed on without event, with more singing and dancing, and a short time of listening to the lead man speak from their book. However, after mass, as everyone started to leave, there was a call for those who wished to help to come into the back. They were being ushered toward that small door, would Takihime take the route with the others or try and make her own way into the antechambers of the church?

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Takihime put on a fake smile when hearing the mans response. She never thought he was stupid, but he was certainly a clever man. He had to be, pulling off a stunt like this.

As everyone stood up and started to leave, Takihime stood with the rest of them. She was unsure about which route to take at first, after all, if she was stuck in a small room in the back and her intentions were discovered, she could be walking straight into her own demise.

She looked at the men around her, and came to the conclusion that if these men were capable of harming a shinobi, even one so young as her, they probably wouldn't have sent her on this mission.

Takihime decided it'd be best to go deeper, and followed the others who made their way to the back of the church.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm

The inner rooms of the church were all richly furnished with crimson carpets and golden inlays depicting 'holy' scenes on the furniture. The expensive furniture made the place look regal and beautiful, befitting of a place dedicated to gods. As they walked down the hall, the brothers were directing them into a door at the back of a hallway. In this cramped hallway, there was an opening that led to a room with a huge chest and a statue on the right hand side. The people were funneling into the back room, and Takahime was at the back, with only a single brother behind her.

If she decided to follow the others into the back room, she would find sowing and knitting materials all over a grand table in a huge wall. Cloth and fabric were strewn all around the room, with not much walking space aside the table. People were already sitting and chatting while they sewed.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Takihime followed with the rest of the pack to the back room. "Wow, this place is beautiful. How could you... we, afford such extravagant furnishings?", she said in utter amazement at the glorious decor surrounding the church.

As she entered the room in the back, she noticed how cramped it was. Trying to stay focused, she gazed around the room, noticing a statue with a chest below it. She took a mental note of this, and decided if waiting it out didn't work, she was going to try and bust it open. Or do something to figure this out. She was patient, but she wasn't going to be just another sheep in the herd.

As she entered the room, she stood around watching the others. "So brothers, what shall I do?"

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:17 pm

"My sister, we brothers have day jobs you know? We all work hard to get money for this place, to keep this place up and running. However, we do have to support ourselves as well, so that is why we ask for your donations as well to help the poor people, while we work to make worshipping our god a pleasant experience!" The lead man said, "If you can sew then you can help the women sew, but if not then you can help pack the clothes in boxes.

The lead brother then walked out, leaving one brother by the chest up the front of the room. The brother kept a stern eye on the women, who were almost oblivious to his presence as they worked hard for the poor.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 am

Finally, the numbers weren't against her. As the brother walked out of the room, she turned to look at the man left behind guarding the chest. Now would be the best time to press.If she could knock this guy out without making too much of a fuss, she might be able to get to the other men before they fled.

Not so fast though. She had the women to take into account. There response. She had to go about things with some tact.

She walked over to the man, staring at him with a stern look. "What's in the chest, brother?"

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Being relied on more for his bulk than for his brain, this particular brother was more than happy to tell her what was in the chest. "This is where we put the monetary donations obtained during mass. Requests for aid are also put within here and we of the clergy go through them every Thursday"

The big, hulking man shuffled on his feet nervously. He was obviously getting a bit suspicious of the girl. His face screwed up a bit and looked down on her. "You should probably help the other women now, we don't like people getting too close to the statue." He said, referring to the statue behind the chest.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 am

Takihime raised a curious eyebrow listening to the man. She finally felt like she was making some progress, being lucky enough to ask the right man the question. In the same instant, he led her to her next point of interest.

Completely disregarding what the man said, she walked over to the statue, and began to look for anything suspicious on it, or intriguing, at the same time feeling around it with her hands.

"My, what a fine statue, brother! Please excuse my fascination with it, but I must." she said, continuing to feel around the statue.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 pm

The monolithic figure of the brother stepped in front of the girl, trying to push her away from the statue. "This is the sacred deity of our religion! I must demand you sit down and help or if you have no intention to do so, then leave! I already told you the statue is off limits!" He roared. His voice was incredibly loud and deep, and had attracted the attention of every woman in the room, who was now staring at the girl. Some of them whispered to each other, concerned looks on their faces. She had definitely done something they had considered unforgivable.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Frustrated and not knowing what to do, Takihime continued this act of sacrilege. She would force them to confess, surely they were hiding something in the statue. If they weren't, why would the man be so intent on guarding it?

"You're not fooling me!

As swift as she could, she brought her right leg up, attempting to roundhouse kick the man in the face with all her might.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:22 am

The man was thrown back into the statue, as he wasn't expecting to be kicked by a little girl. His head smashed against the cold, hard, solid stone, knocking him out cold. Blood ran down the back of his neck from a large gash. The women screamed loudly and began to run to the door, trying to run from the girl. They screamed things about being possessed by the devil and a demon inside the church. Two brothers pushed through the crowd to get to her. They stood back from her and looked warily upon her small form. Then they noticed the unconscious giant beside her, and almost shit themselves. They quickly reached for the large, silver crosses they had in their belts and drew them as makeshift maces. They backed towards the door and blocked it off, calling for the lead brother.

The girl was in trouble. She had just alerted everyone in the monastery as to her intentions, ability and location. This mission had just turned incredibly bad.

One of the brothers then ran straight for her, raising his cross and screaming as he brought it down.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 am

"Don't think I don't know what you're up too!"

Takihime shouted with all of her might, her kick landing flush. As she said this, she knew she'd started a commotion, but she was fairly confident she could take down the men, at least one on one. She'd force them to confess, or risk being humiliated by a little girl.

As the man charged forward, Takihime assumed her fighting stance, she dipped slightly, sweeping her left leg in a circle along the ground, attempting to take the mans legs out from underneath him. If she succeeded, she would then try and bring down a heel kick on top of the mans stomach.
JutsuShow
*Leaf Gale
D-Rank Taijutsu
With the intention to disrupt, the user analyzes the opponent's movements. The user then angles a leg below or above a charging target's center of gravity. With a strike to an unprepared or vulnerable area, the user attempts to knock their opponent off balance as a means to interrupt the target's attack or set up for another attack of their own.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:01 am

The charging man was taken down easily, he was definitely untrained. As he hit the ground, a loud "oof!" resounded off the walls of the small room. But just as Takihime was going in for the heel kick, the second brother threw his silver cross right at her, just at the point when Takihime was at full extension, the point where trying to move would take her off balance. Then, the brother charged, seeking to tackle her to the ground.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Takihime saw the cross coming. Her foot raised high into the air, she waited a second, bringing down her foot to knock away the silver cross instead of striking the man. She batted it away successfully, only to be knocked back milliseconds later.

She was slammed into the ground, trying to collect her senses, quickly coming to the realization she was just tackled. Playtime was over now. Reaching down, she grabbed a kunai from her weapons pouch, and pointed it at the man, looking up but still lying flat on her back.

"Alright, that's it! Tell me what's going on before someone really gets hurt!"

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:46 pm

"How about you tell us what's going on girl? We walk in to find everyone running and screaming and you standing over an unconscious guy that's bleeding, surely you know how that looks. I think it would be best if you just left." The man who had tackled her stated. The person she had knocked down was getting up, rubbing his leg sullenly. They were afraid of her, and were trying to get her to leave before they ended up like the guy on the floor that wasn't moving.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 am

She hunched over , in a combatitive stance, moving her hair to the sides to reveal her dog ears, and moving her tail up so that it'd be more apparent. It was all just intimidation now. She herself was still scared though. She certainly didn't want to kill anyone. They, of course, wouldn't know that.

"The only way I'm leaving is by shutting this whole operation down! I know what you're up too!".

She held the kunai forwards, pointing at the man who spoke. "And you're going to confess... or else."

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 am

"That's one of those fancy shinobi weapons! What are you doing here ninja girl, why do you disrupt our peace? We are only spreading the word of God! There is nothing going on!" The man said, although his fear was deepening. He was at the point where he was almost broken, but which way would he break? Into an insane rush toward her or a mad panic in the opposite direction?

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 am

Takihime could literally see his fear, a blotchy yellow aura surrounding him. She had him shook. It was just a little more pressing and he would cave in. She could feel it. Hell, she could see it.

She stood up straight, keeping her hand pointed.

"Exploiting the faith of other people, and creating false hope to profit off of them isn't spreading the word of God. You suck. You shouldn't take money from the innocent by promising things you can't give."

She dropped her hand and stepped forward about 3 paces. "Come with me and confess. You will be punished, but we will take everything into account."

She raised the kunai, spinning it in her hand fancifully. "Or face a more... severe punishment."

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm

The two men's fear caused a bond to form between them. As this little girl threatened them, they looked toward each other. Suddenly, an understanding dawned on them both. They had only one option, and they were going to take it. Surely this little girl couldn't take it two on one?

They both ran at her at full speed. The one without a weapon threw himself at her again to knock her down, but he was, in reality, only a distraction. The man behind was coming in swinging his silver cross straight for her head if his companion was taken down before him, or at her legs if the other man succeeded in taking her down.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Takihime, focused on the man nearest her, could see the aura around him change. The fear that formerly surrounded him changed to some sort of determination. How strange. She pondered this for a second wondering what the intentions of the man could be, when all of a sudden he sprang forward.

She jumped a bit, startled by the mans advance, now glancing over him to see the other man charging behind him with a silver cross. Almost instinctively, she threw the kunai at the hand of the man with the silver cross, aiming to strike his hand with it and force him to drop the weapon.

As the other man bound in on her, she reacted, throwing a punch towards the mans jaw, right as he had closed in on her. Whether her punch had landed or not, she was thrown backwards by the mans size and weight, as she fell back first hard to the ground.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 pm

The kunai arced across the room and struck the center of the cross. The man who was holding it dropped it out of a combination of surprise and the force of the throw. He held his hand, as it had been jarred, and looked on as she was tackled. He watched her arm speedily cross the airborne man's face, blood just welling at the edges. He heard his grunt as he landed on top of her. His jaw was wrong, somehow it looked as if it wasn't where it should be.

He dropped to his knees, looking at how his companion wasn't moving. He was immobile, and the man had no idea if he was breathing. A sound made him turn around, where he saw the head brother that had greeted Takihime at the door. He smiled. He knew the head brother could do this. He believed in the power of the god. And then he fell. Scared out of his wits, he fainted.

The head brother looked at the three unconscious bodies, as well as Takihime, who was most likely struggling out from under the large man by now. "You've ruined everything. I cannot explain the injury of three brothers on some petty theft, when a ninja of the cloud village was the one who attacked. People will know something is up and stop attending, and then where will I make my living? Owell, I suppose I will see you some other time shinobi. Until then!". The head brother turned and ran, seeking to escape the monastery. His footsteps could easily be heard pounding down the hall. Then came a shout of "Run, she's crazy! Run!" and fifty other voices, mostly women, screamed and ran.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 am

Takihime squeezed her way out from under the man, back on her feet, dusting herself off, and staring as the head brother came in. The other man passed out, landing with a thud, much to Takihime's surprise. She looked around; 3 men, 3 unconscious bodies. She smirked a bit, feeling like a total badass. Her mother and father would be proud.

Soon the other man had darted down the hall, Takihime snapping back to reality. She leaped over the men, to the entrance of the door, giving chase. Exiting the door, she slammed it shut behind her, putting one of the sai daggers through the lock entrance, making sure none of the men would escape in her absence.

She took off down the hall, giving chase to the men. When she finally reached the main room, she stopped, looking for the man amongst the crowd. She leaped to the wall, climbing up a bit, seeking a higher vantage point. She spotted the man easily, his clothes standing out like a sore thumb amongst the modestly dressed women.

She ran a few steps along the wall, placing a kunai in her mouth for future use, then leaped towards the man, aiming to tackle him down to the ground.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

oocShow
Soooo sorry, I thought I had posted three days ago, but apparently it failed to actually post after I hit the add reply button -.-"
As the girl came flying down upon the man, she also took out about four women around him, causing a huge human pileup to hit the ground. Women and the brother all kicked at her, trying to get her away as they screamed in fright. They scrambled and tried to get away. The man grabbed at the bible in his rope belt and threw it at her to slow her down further. The panic and fear was rife in the crowd as they ran. The women she knocked down were getting up and scurrying away. But so was the man.

Even if she was to capture him, there was still a chance it would be for naught. She had not yet gathered any hard evidence to prove that these people had been conning people out of their money.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 am

Takihime stumbled backwards when she was hit with a bible right in the nose. The man she was aiming for was getting away, as there seemed to be a huge funnel of people running to the door.

Leaping up, and landing on the head of one of the men around her, she pushed off, propelling herself to the door, landing in front of it, and turning around so that she was to face the swarm of people. She removed the kunai from her teeth, and pointed it outwards at the mass of people. She'd no intention to use it, but if anyone had continued to run towards her, she'd promptly deliver a roundhouse kick to their gut.

"STOP!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She continued. "I didn't come to destroy anything, I only came to reveal these men as liars! They are con artists, and have only been robbing you of your hard earned money! Someone has to see this, right?!? Please, speak up!"

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

The crowd stopped in their tracks in a mixture of fear and awe as the girl overtook them all in a couple of bounds. Some people cowered and whimpered, trying to slip back through the sprawling mass of bodies to escape. Suddenly, one particularly strong willed woman yelled back at the girl, "Why should we believe you!? What evidence do you have to say that our god is false!? You are just an ignorant, racist little bitch!". The crowd followed with typical mob mentality and began to shout at her, getting angry. They dared her to prove to them that their religion was wrong.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 am

Ignorant? Racist?!? She didn't even know how all that had come into play. She was losing control of the situation, it was going to be hard to control this many brainwashed people, and to convince them to completely contradict their beliefs. She had to think quickly.

"It's all lies! He told me himself! He was only using you to take your money and use it for his own good!" She pointed at the one remaining brother, hoping that he'd crack under the pressure of her bluff. "Tell the truth! Tell them what you told me!"

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm

As she called upon the priest, he had a whole speech prepared to give his people. But the pressure of all of his followers pressed upon him, especially with the pressure to tell the truth exerted by the girl herself. He began to speak, but all that came out were a few incomprehensible noises. He couldn't make the words come out. Panic began to grip his heart, sweat pouring down his face. He turned to try and run, but the crowd was in his way. The crowd which was beginning to become confused, unsure of why the priest was staying silent. Then it dawned on them all. He was guilty.

With an almighty shout, the crowd converged on the last brother, swallowing him whole. He fell beneath the mass of bodies. He would soon be crushed to death if left alone.

CharactersShow
Character

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Takihime's plan had worked! It had worked too well, however, as the crowd swarmed on the lone man. If left alone, surely he'd be dead. This is the last thing that Takihime wanted. She never heard anything about bringing the men back alive, but being stomped to death by a frenzied crowd was something she didn't wish upon her worst enemy.

Tearing to the crowd, she worked herself over to the brother, where she'd try to grab him and separate him from the crowd, and take him back to the room where she kept the other brothers.

RIPShow

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 pm

oocShow
Overduepost ftw
The man was pulled from the crowd successfully by the smaller girl, and her agility allowed her to escape the mobbing public. The man was saved, but safe in her hands where he could do no more harm. The sect of this religion was shut down and captured, they would not be practicing their conning ways in kumogakure any more.

Pass

CharactersShow
Character

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”