[Social] Meeting at the Tea House

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Satori entered one of his favorite tea houses- hell, they were all his favorite tea houses. He took a seat at a comfortable reading spot in the corner, and began reading a medical scroll while he waited for service. It didn't take long before he was tended to by a waitress, and didn't take much longer at all for them to bring him his drink: a strongly spiced chai black with fruit in the bottom. He blew gently over the top of the tea to promote it to cool faster before gingerly taking his first sip. God, it was near perfect. He let the tea cool against his gums as he savored the cinnamon, the nutmeg, the apple that had diffused from the fruit. While Satori typically enjoyed his own tea blends better than others, it was a nice change of pace to try something unexpected. Making your own, and being good at it, meant that he was rarely ever surprised when it came to drinking his own brews.

It wasn't long before another patron entered the tea house, a shortish girl who seemed not much younger than Satori, though her extensive makeup made it difficult to discern her real age.
Sunakimi, Yozora D-rank RoninMinor Country#D2A846
Senju, YamabikoGeninKonohagakure no Sato#9370D8

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:00 pm

The rain had been falling heavily outside the tea house that day. The pitter-patter of the drops made all the chimes on the doors sing. Music filled the streets with the hissing of the down pour. Sayuri ducked into the warm tea house for warmth. Smells of spices and dried tea leaves filled her senses the moment she walked in. A delicate smile stretched her plump lips with the calm of the tea house surrounding her being. Softly sighing Sayuri pulled her hair to one side, over her shoulder, to ring the rain water out of her hair.

Hair now semi dry she took a few steps in, her eyes taking in her surroundings and other patrons. A boy, not much older than herself, sat in the corner with tea and a scroll. Deep green eyes glistened slightly as curiosity overcame her. Taking a few tentative steps, making sure her thick geta wouldn't slip on the wet wooden floors, she made her way to the stranger. As she came closer her nose was filled with the heavy smell of chai. One of her favorite teas. Sayuri smiled softly at the young man as she bowed. Her delicate fingers overlapping mid-thigh as her upper body lowered slightly and her thick red hair spilled over her shoulders saying, "May I join you for a cup?" Her high, but soft, voice slipped from her lips out into the air, "Sayuri Nakatomi."

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Satori couldn't help but smile as the girl approached him, her long thick red hair grabbing his attention. As she did so, her makeup became that much more noticeable and that much more catching. It could be argued, and Satori would argue it, that the extent of it was rather artful. And there were few things that Satori was interested in more than art.

"Of course, have a seat, Nakatomi. I have to recommend the apple chai. Perfectly spiced. And get it with fruit in the bottom- you have to ask for that special."

He couldn't help but find himself feeling nervous about the sudden - if welcome - interruption. Satori was simply not fond of unexpected social situations, even with someone who seemed so, well... pleasant.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Satori's eyes scanned her gently. It wasn't the usual looking that she was used to, but she very much welcomed it. He was so quiet and kind with his gaze she couldn't help but slightly blush and smile. Although over half his face was covered Sayuri could see a slight smiling forming under the material. He seemed to welcome her company although he seemed a bit... unsure. "Of course, have a seat, Nakatomi. I have to recommend the apple chai. Perfectly spiced. And get it with fruit in the bottom- you have to ask for that special." His voice was like black velvet. Deep and quiet, shy. Seeming to speak a little faster than most "normal" paces of speech. Sayuri couldn't help but feel herself easing into his presence all the more.

With the acceptance Sayuri eased herself gracefully into the seat opposite Satori. Reaching up she ran her hands through her hair, lifting it slightly as to not sit on it, and then shook it out around her. Tresses of crimson fell around her face and shoulders accenting the red paint on her face flawlessly. Sayuri crossed her legs simply, coins clinking slightly at the movement, before she raised a hand to get a servers' attention. A young girl came over to the table, bowing deeply, and pulled out a pen with a pad of paper. "May I have the apple chai? Fruit added to the bottom, please? Thank you," she ordered. As the girl bowed, again, and back away to prepare the tea Sayuri glanced back towards Satori and smiled sweetly.

He seemed so different, but she couldn't quite put her finger on why. It was something in the way his social energy vibrated around them. Almost like a tangible nervousness in the air. Thick, like humidity, but quivering. Reaching over Sayuri gently placed her thin fingers over his hand. She lifted her jaw slightly as she tried to get a glance at the scroll sitting between them on the table, she asked, "What are you reading?" Although most everyone mistook her for an idiot, Sayuri was highly intelligent. Constantly reading and studying when she wasn't dancing or practicing. She played stupid for the world because she was assumed to be with her vibrant looks. Sayuri learned at a young age that hiding her sharp mind worked out better for her in the long run. There were very few who knew her for who she really was. A smart, lonely, romantic.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:05 pm

There was just something about the way the girl's hair fell about her, all at once, a wild mess with dignity. And then she touched Satori's hand- which caused the chuunin to jerk it back towards him reflexively as he tried to pass the motion off as him going for the scroll. He turned the scroll towards Nakatomi, pointing out the particular passage he had been reading. It wasn't anything personal, Satori just simply does not enjoy being touched. Especially by strangers. Not that he thought this lady was strange, just- there he went again, justifying himself internally to himself. He wondered if it was another side effect of the sealing, the genma teaching him to not even trust himself.

"It's a scroll on medical techniques. I'm reading in particular about using them to cut off the senses- say, eliminating touch sensations in a patient in order to relieve pain during duress or as a substitute for pain medication during an operation."

The more the two of them spoke, the more discontent the phantom grew inside of him. That hot raking in the pit of him, as if the genma was attempting to literally claw its way out of his guts. That dull thought constantly in the back of his mind: don't trust them, don't trust them, don't trust them.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:22 am

His hand slipped from beneath her's in a jerked fashion causing Sayuri to jerk her own away. She looked at him startled, if not concerned and slightly hurt, by his reaction to her. Had she offended him in some way? Satori seemed to make it look like he was going for the scroll she had asked about, but she knew better. It was in the way his hand instinctively twitched from her touch. Like she had burned him.

As he explained the medical scroll and its properties to her Sayuri pulled all of her hair to one side. Her green eyes watched his fingers pointing here and there over the scroll as he spoke. As he did so she began wringing her hair slightly. A nervous habit of hers. Although she tried to stay focused on what he was saying to her Sayuri was stressing in her own mind what she could have possibly done to upset him? Nobody could every, really, be upset with her. No one had ever refused her touch.

Shaking her head, barely enough to notice, Sayuri released her hair and smiled over her concern at Satori. What ever his reason, she thought, I'll make it right.... Tossing her hair back over her shoulder in one quick flick of her wrist Sayuri went back to her usual self. All bright eyed and smiles. Orbs of deep jade gazed at Satori with interest saying, "That is a heavy read. I really like the idea, though. The senses are, in my opinion, one of the most vital to life. All of them. My mother always taught me that, when dancing, you must entice the senses in everything you do. I makes for a stronger feeling in your audience."

She let her voice trail off when she realized he was most likely uninterested in dance. Most men, or boys, were not. It bored them. Well, until she began to dance, but that's another story. Sayuri bit the inside of her lower lip as she glanced up at Satori slightly embarrassed for her ramblings. Her eyes darted down for the briefest of moments, an odd feeling overcoming her, and her heart began to suddenly pound. She realized, it all hitting her full force, the reason she was worried..........was a crush. "Oh gods NO!" The thought screamed in her head. The few she had ever had came barreling in for no reason, just like this one, and they always ended badly for her. "No! Why?! Because he's smart? Older? Quiet? Unattainable?! WHY, HEART, WHY!?!?!?!?"

The internal freak-out continued making her heart beat hard. So much so that her chest began to bump in time with her heart. The inside of her left breast looked like her heart was trying to break free of the cage of bones holding it captive. Instinctively she pulled her hair over her shoulder once again to cover it before it was too noticeable. Swallowing hard she smiled, trying to cover up her sudden nervousness, just as the waitress came by with her cup of tea. Setting it on the table before her Sayuri thanked the girl in her sweet voice. She then picked up the cup, blew softly at the steam to cool it, and took a sip. Delicious.....

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:58 am

Satori noticed that his jerking reaction startled the girl, causing her body language to shift in a sudden way. Things like this were exactly why Satori kept social interactions to a minimum. Things were always misunderstood, intentions imagined... and he just was plain not very good at it. "Sorry, I just, it's- I don't really like being touched. I didn't mean to startle you. It's fine."

"And you're completely right- senses are vital, but sometimes they tend to get in the way. Sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes things feel cold when they're really hot, or wet when they're just cold.

Ah, dancing- an artform I have absolutely no stake in. And of course the senses are important to every art- the smell of tea is just as important as the taste of it, the texture of a painting just as much as the colors."

Without even missing a beat in his speech, Satori pulled out his notebook and jotted down a few quick lines 'the smell of tea is just as important as the taste of it, the texture of a painting just as much as the colors'. He wrote the words as he spoke them, taking his eyes of his tea companion for a moment as he did so. He quickly slipped his grandfather's old journal back into his robe.

"It's good that you practice an art. I feel it important to maintaining a clear head during stressful times. Many shinobi tend to forget that jutsu is itself an artform, a dance in its own way. Having skills outside of combat allows you to see things from different angles."

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Still taking a sip of her tea Sayuri lifted her eyes to meet Satori's as he spoke. "Ah, dancing- an artform I have absolutely no stake in. And of course the senses are important to every art- the smell of tea is just as important as the taste of it, the texture of a painting just as much as the colors." Swallowing quickly she nodded in agreement saying, "Yes, I agree." A small droplet of tea sat on the thickness of her lower lip. Blushing, as if something this simple could embarrass her, she let her tongue slowly slip out to swipe the tea away. Her grey lipstick not even smudging as if tattooed to her face.

Shifting her weight she uncrossed her legs only to cross them the opposite way as Sayuri racked a hand through her hair casually. A few curls fell free and into her face but she paid them no mind. She was so used to her hair being a wild creature with a mind of its own she didn't even really notice so much any more. Curiosity finally over came her causing her to point to where he had replaced his booklet and asked, "What is that book you wrote in, if I may ask?" As she waited for his reply, if he would even expose that part of him, she took another sip of her tea. "This is delicious, by the way. Thank you for the recommendation."

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:14 am

Satori couldn't help notice as the kunoichi licked her lips- almost seductively. Almost. Seductively? Was she? No. No. Of course not. She seemed eased, at least, by Satori's reassurance that she hadn't done anything wrong. I mean, strictly speaking, she had done something wrong considering Satori's reaction, just not that she done anything wrong on purpose. She seemed obsessed with touching her own hair. Though, Satori had to admit, if he had hair that incredible he'd probably be messing with it all the time as well.

At first, Satori was taken aback by the question. What book? Oh, his notebook, of course. Of course. He had never been asked the question before, and he had done it nearly on reflex. Had she not said anything he probably wouldn't have remembered doing it until he saw the note he made. "Oh, that. It's just an old notebook that my grandfather left to me. He left me a whole bunch of them, actually. He used to take notes like that when I was a kid because he liked to read his memories on lazy days. Just a habit I picked up from him, I suppose."

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Sayuri let a small chuckle escape her lips at his sudden realization as to what she was asking about. Of course the book. What else could she be talking about. Another giggle. She smiled, nodding along as he spoke, then said, "That's very interesting...... Do you miss him...?" Once the words had escaped her mouth she gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. Glancing away she bit her lower lip completely embarrassed. How could she even ask such a thing? Especially barely knowing this person? So rude!

"I'm so sorry! You don't have to answer that!" she blurted out. Her internal scolding continued as she began to blush. Instead of continuing to dig herself a deeper grave, Sayuri lifted her tea cup to her lips and sipped at it just hoping to fill the space.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Satori let out a genuine laugh at the girl's reaction to her own question, the way she gasped, the way she bit her lip. He had to admit she was quite cute. But Satori, having been exposed to death at a young age, and in thanks to Sumi's philosophical teachings, hadn't had a problem with discussing death or the death of his loved ones in some years.

"It's fine, really. He lived a long and happy life. Sumi was more like a father to me than my father was- not that that was his fault, he was killed on assignment when I was still very young. But Sumi taught me everything but the ninja arts- how to grow tea, how to be a genuine human being. My surname is taken from a story he told me as a child. I live every day to be the man he taught me to be." Satori thought for a moment, he didn't directly address the question but felt he had answered it anyway.

Satori reached into his robe and pulled out a small paper bag, tied at the top with a thin twine and placed it on the table. "Here, this is tea from the garden we grew together. It's the best brew in all of Kumo."

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:13 am

His voice brushed her senses like velvet. Caressing her fears and soothing them to silence. Her mind quieted and her anxiety calmed. The love and fondness Satori expressed in the small amount of words slowing time down around them and causing those big green eyes of Sayuri's to soften as she looked at him. Her eyes greener than fairy forests filed with passion, laughter, and understanding. Grey painted lips curled at the corners ever so slightly into a soft smile. It took everything in her power not to reach out and touch his hand, again, or move to the other side of the table and touch his face. What was it about this man that was pulling this out of her?

Sayuri was an expert at the tease and seduction. Having made her life so much easier with the game she played with the hearts of men, young and old. They all saw her as this beautiful creature who could so easily be broken and needed to be handled so delicately. It had always sickened her. All she wanted was to be respected as an equal and have the love that her parents had. The affections and love seeping from every pour in their bodies... but no..... She had learned that men were not like this. She may play that ditz that loved everyone, when, in reality, she was nothing like that girl. She was the sad, lonely girl who just wanted to be loved.

Satori, though, was bringing that out in her. She couldn't put her thin finger on it, on why, but he was and it almost sickened her. A soft thump pulled Sayuri from the depths of her own mind. Bright eyes blinked a few times as she stared at the bag between them on the table. "Here, this is tea from the garden we grew together. It's the best brew in all of Kumo." Sayuri reached out to take the bag off the table and rested it in her lap. Pulling the twine the bag opened with a slight crinkle to let the aroma of tea spill out. She took a deep breath, taking it all in, only to sigh and smile at him. Well.... that did it.

"Wow.... Thank you! Thank you so much. This smells amazing," she said softly as her hand lightly touched over her heart. Swallowing nervously she tossed her hair over her shoulder, grabbed the back in one hand, and suddenly was next to him resting a soft kiss on his cheek bone. Those painted lips of her did not linger more than a moment. A peck of a kiss and then she was sitting again and tying the back closed again. She knew she shouldn't have, but she couldn't help it. Gods, after his reaction to her just touching his hand, what would he do now? How far over that line did she step? Could she even crawl back to it? The realization of how badly she had screwed up, yet again, with Satori her eyes grew wide. Shakily she whispered out, "I'm..... I'm sorry....."

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:51 pm

The girl seemed totally sidesweeped by the small gift. To Satori, it was nothing. He gave tea to everyone who showed an interest in it, and at times even those that didn't. To him, he was just being polite. But this girl it seemed much more than that. He typically had more than he could use on his own, even considering that he drank and smoked it multiple times a day. Not that he wasn't appreciative of her reaction, it was nice to feel like his hobby was worthwhile to someone other than himself. Of course, the attention did the opposite of please the genma, whose presence was becoming more and more noticeable as the conversation dragged on. He didn't like it when Satori started to grow close to other people, which lead to increased nervousness in the Chuunin, contributing to his already antisocial nature.

And then the girl got up out of her seat, which confused Satori- what was she doing? And then she sat down next to him and...and...kissed him on the cheek? Satori was so dumbfounded that he hardly moved, his reflexes not working fast enough for a jerk-away like he had done earlier. And then as quick as she had moved to him, she had moved back away to her side of the table. The genma seemed just as awestruck as the Jinchuuriki, the feeling in his gut resonating with both caution and confusion.

Before saying anything, Satori pulled the wooden pipe from his belt. He reached across the table and took a generous pinch from the paper bag that he had gifted to Sayuri and sprinkled it into the bowl, cupping it in his hand and using the tip of one of his fingers to pack it in. He pulled his mask down to expose his face and his cheek scar before placing the end of the pipe in his mouth and lighting it with a match. "Well that was... unexpected." He smiled at her warmly. "No apology necessary."

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:38 am

As Satori leaned across the table to get some of the dried tea leaves from the bag Sayuri's eyes widened slightly. Was he leaning in to kiss her back? Her heart started to pound heavily again making her chest bounce in time. Although, once she saw what he was actually doing she felt stupid and foolish. Her face felt hot from from her silly girlish fantasy. He wouldn't do that..." she thought to herself. Swallowing Sayuri watched in silence as Satori packed his pipe. As he pressed his finger into the leaves to tighten the leaves together she allowed herself the last sip of her tea. Reaching into the cup with her pale fingers she pinched the peach slice at the bottom of the cup and brought it to her thick lips.

The tea soaked peach touched her lower lip as she lightly bit into the center, biting it in half, and smiled at Satori. As she popped the last of the peach into her mouth the shinobi across from her pulled down his mask and began to speak. All at once his face was exposed to her gaze. The proper angle of his nose, the edges of his cheek bones, the angle of his jaw, the shape of his lips... His scar. Green eyes lingered on it a moment. That was unexpected. Not that anyone would specifically expect a cross-shaped scar like that on anyone's face, covered or not. "Well that was... unexpected... No apology necessary."

Sayuri smiled back matching his warmth. As the smoke from his pipe escaped his lips Sayuri took in a deep breath to smell it. Letting out a tiny chuckle she reached into the pouch on her thigh, pulled out a rolled cigarette, and rested it between her lips as she dug out the pack of matches. She unfolded the pack, exposing the matches, pulled one off and struck it on the strip to light it. Cupping her hand around the fire she brought it to the end of her cigarette and set it to burn as she took a few drags from it. Sayuri flicked the match out then took a deep pull on the butt and blew the smoke out to the side of the table trying to keep it out of Satori's face. Her lips pulled into a wide smile as she looked at him. "Maybe... Maybe you could show me your garden?" she asked then took another drag.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Satori watched as the girl took a bite from her fruit and pull out a cigarette, all of her motions seemed very deliberate but natural at the same time. The Jinchuuriki couldn't help but wacth her lips as she bit through the peach. The girl even ate pretty. She had quite the elegance about her. Satori took a long draw from his pipe before blowing a few smoke rings that floated out over the girl's head before dissipating in a twisting white haze. Take her to the garden? He found it a strange request only because he had never been asked before. Everyone else was simply content with the product, never asking to see the source.

Satori pulled out his coin pouch and counted out enough for both his and Sayuri's drinks with a generous tip. Despite the fact that he typically found himself unsure in social situations, he at least had good manners to fall back on. He cinched the purse and returned it to the folds of his robe, and then doing the same with his medical scroll before standing. "Of course, I've got no other plans for the day." While he waited for the girl to stand, Satori began to return the swords he left leaning against the back side of the seat to their proper spots.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 am

Satori's silence made Sayuri a little squirmy, thinking he was upset with her... Again... She watched as the smoke rings floated over her head. A smile formed as she took a drag of her cigarette and blew a few smaller rings into his larger ones before they dissipated. It was his sudden movements of paying for the drinks that snapped her out of her daze. Yep, she had upset-- "Of course, I've got no other plans for the day." Or... Not. Good! Sayuri popped up all excited, full of giggles, and hugged him. "Yeah! I love gardens! Thank you!"

Letting him go she turned on her heel and started for the door. When Satori caught up with her she wrapped her arm around his and leaned her head on his shoulder smiling. Not that this was odd for her at all. Sayuri was always affectionate and cuddly with, practically, everyone she met. It was just in her nature to touch someone. Her parents were an extremely affectionate couple and it rubbed off on her. Looking up at him she smiled, almost skipping, and said, "Lead the way."

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 am

Satori just didn't know what to do about all of this touching. He squirmed awkwardly when she hugged him, but was thankful that she broke off before and headed for the door before the Chuunin had the chance to consider returning the hug. And then when he got to the door she damn near wrapped herself around him as they set off walking- considering he was already feeling rude for jerking away when she touched his hand, he just kind of awkwardly dealt with it. His muscles tensed up and he walked more stiffly than he normally would.

--

It didn't take the pair long to reach Satori's home, just a few minutes of walking. He opened the front door and motioned her inside, where the kunoichi would surely see his haphazard mess of books, scrolls, notes, candles, and crafts that littered the entire space. Satori directed the girl out the back door to a small, open porch, where some of the plants grew in pots. These were mostly hibiscus flowers with large, fragrant blooms of varying colors. There was, of course, the one that he and his grandfather had planted years ago using his mother's ashes, the petals of which were a vivid purple in color. There was a small set of steps leading down the porch and to a path at the end of which were his raised beds, where his rooibos bushes, tea plants, and tobacco plants grew.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 am

Stepping into the house Sayuri's green eyes darted here and there taking it all in. So much culture in one place almost made her feel at home. Almost... Her mother was extremely tidy so there was never a mess. The smell of ink and wax filled the air. Sayuri took in a deep breath only to let it out in a content sigh. Lovely. Satori came in after her and guided her to the back yard. As she walked she was careful not to step on anything just in case. She half expected a cat to jump out and hiss at her, but that didn't happen.

The back door opened and the small girl stepped out onto the porch. Jade eyes widened as she looked around. "Oh, my goodness... This... This is beautiful," she said, almost breathlessly, as she took in the flowers. Sayuri walked over to a vivid purple flower and crouched down to have it at eye level. She gently rubbed one of the petals between her first finger and thumb as she smiled saying, "Hello, beautiful... You look like a happy flower. You must really like him to be this pretty." Turning to look at Satori over her shoulder she asked, "Do you sing to this flower most? It's beautiful! Mommy always sings to her flowers and they bloom prettier than the cherry trees in the back yard."

Sayuri stood suddenly feeling foolish to ask a man if he sings to flowers. Her father used to tease her and her mother about it. Always lovingly though. There were plenty of times Sayuri caught her father singing to the flowers. Although, she promised not to tell her mom. Pulling out a cigarette, and lighting it, Sayuri hopped up on the railing of the porch and took a drag. She sat quietly smoking as she took in the back yard. The sky was still heavy with rain clouds, but the rain had stopped. Reaching up Sayuri ran her hand through her hair fluffing it to one side. "Thank you for sharing this with me, Satori..." she almost whispered as she let the energies of the plants swirl around her and relax her every being. How she loved gardens...

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:29 am

Satori couldn't help but give the girl an inquisitive look at the mention of singing to the flowers. "No I just... water and fertilize them regularly. Spent tea leaves actually make for great fertilizer, which helps out a lot..." The Chuunin reached up and scratched his head. Singing to flowers? What a strange girl. It wasn't that Satori thought strange was bad, by any means, most people would probably say the same thing about the Jinchuuriki, and that's even the people that didn't know his secrets. Satori just kind of watched wordlessly as Sayuri talked to his plants.

The girl pulling out another cigarette prompted Satori to do the same with his pipe, setting it on the railing. He took up a mortar and pestle that was sitting near the house, walked over and plucked a few leaves from the purple hibiscus plant that she had so lovingly admired, dropped them into the bowl and started to grind them. "Though I have to admit that I do pay this one special attention. It holds a lot of sentiment for me." After he had finished grinding the petals, he pinched out a healthy amount of it and dropped it into his pipe before lighting it and taking a long drag. The fruitful scent and taste of the hibiscus filled his mouth and lungs. There was nothing like smoking fresh.

He leaned against the edge of the porch, placing his forearms on the railing a little less than a foot away from the kunoichi. He held up the pipe in offering. "You ever smoked tea before? It's quite a lot different from smoking tobacco."

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Sayuri slightly chewed at her lower lip as she let the smoke flow from her nose. As she watched Satori remove a few petals from the hibiscus she had just been admiring Sayuri leaned her head to the side and shook her hair out again with her free hand. "Though I have to admit that I do pay this one special attention. It holds a lot of sentiment for me." Satori crushed the petals up as he spoke only to come back to the edge of the porch and fill his pipe with the petal dust. Her forest filled eyes watched him curiously as she took another drag. He was so... awkward, and, yet, she just couldn't help herself.

When Satori offered to share his pipe with her Sayuri's cheeks flushed. She "uhm"ed a moment as she shifted her weight to balance on the railing to face him sitting cross-legged. It looked unnatural how relaxed she was sitting on such a small area with her geta poking out from beneath her thighs. The space between his arm and her legs was now less than an inch. Sayuri took his pipe tenderly and took a light pull on it. Hibiscus flavors flooded her senses causing her to closer her eyes and smile. Lifting her jaw she blew the smoke out, slowly, straight up so it wasn't in his face. She nodded a thank you, handed back his pipe with a smile, and she licked her lips as if to say 'delicious.'

There was a sudden crack of thunder and Sayuri jumped. Almost loosing her balance from the startle she laughed, one leg now dangling, and ran her fingers through her hair trying to tame the curls in the humidity. Wild crimson tresses fell all around her. Not a moment later there was a sudden down pour. Not a sprinkle or drizzle, but a thick blanket of water falling from the sky. The hissing of water meeting wood and earth surrounded them in a bubble under the patio awning. Her laugh sounded again as she said, "Well that was sudden. I love the rain, don't you? I always feel so... at peace. As if my soul feels free when the water falls." Leaning forward Sayuri placed her hand on Satori's forearm to help balance as her other hand reached out tentatively and said, "May I have some more?"

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Satori couldn't help but notice how the kunoichi chewed on her lip. She seemed to have a fixation on her own lips- whether it was chewing on them lightly or licking them. A nervous habit, perhaps, which was something Satori understood completely. She took the pipe from him and took a drag, her facial language showing that she seemed to enjoy it, close-eyed and smiling, licking her lips again. She seemed so relaxed, even when balancing on the railing, care-free, fluid. Except for the lips. And the blushing. Perhaps Satori was reading too far into it, but she seemed to have something on her mind. She handed him back the pipe.

He turned his head away from her and watched the clouds dragging the sky, dark and teeming. There was the sudden sound of thunder followed by a quick drop in humidity, the smell of the air changed. And sure enough within a few minutes rain was falling all around them, the sound of it on the roof. It wasn't the rain, but Sayuri's hand on his arm, that distracted him from the movement of the storm above them. She spoke in poetry before asking for another drag off the pipe, which Satori gladly obliged wordlessly. He handed her the pipe before pulling out a match to light it for her.

It wasn't until after handing her the pipe that Satori realized he hadn't pulled or jerk from the touch on his arm, that he had remained oblivious to the growing presence of the Genma inside of him. But once he became aware of it again he found the presence to be altogether different than usual, greedy as opposed to angry.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:48 pm

The rain poured and the thunder rolled. The sound echoing in the sky bouncing off the clouds to continue its journey through the atmosphere. The air thick with water and chilling to the skin but not to the bone. It was still warm outside, but now comfortable with the rain cooling. Everything in the world seemed at peace as the garden drank. As the sky growled and cracked, sending light flashing through the haze, Satori offered her his pipe once again and Sayuri took in.

She took a few long drags, savoring the moment and the calm of the world around her, before realizing that reality was not as it should be. Her hand was on him, again, and he hand not jerked from her touch. She tried not to show she hand noticed, but her eyes had glance at their touching bodies. The smoke from the pipe floated around them as if trying to pull them closer but failing. Sayuri watched as the grey sweeps of gas caressed her fingers, his arm, and around their bodies. The idea made her blush again. But.... he didn't pull away from her...

Sayuri placed the pipe down between them as she leaned down, folding in half, to meet him eye level. Swallowing hard, still blushing red, her voice came out shakily, "Satori... I, uhm... Well, I, uh...." Before she could stop herself she gracefully stepped down from the railing and moved to stand before him. Tentatively she reached up and pulled his mask down. Her fingers caressed the skin of his scar as she bit her own lower lip nervously. What was she doing? No! Stop! Gods stop! "What happened....?" she asked every so softly. Barely over her own breath.

Before she knew what she was doing Sayuri was lifting to her toes and letting her lips graze the side of his mouth. Her dark eyes closed, half lidded, as she lingered a moment drunk in the moment. A crush, for her, was rare. It made her feel crazy and unsure of everything. Making her second guess every breath she took and every movement of her body, but, this, she wanted. She wanted to kiss him. She wanted to kiss him and heal whatever it was he was hiding from. Whatever it was that made him awkward. Whatever it was that made her want him. Whatever it was... She wanted it. She wanted him. His passions and his arts, his messy hair, his way he was unsure in his own actions, everything... She wanted to take this step as much as she didn't. What was done was done, she thought. It was too late to take it back now.

Her lips brushed further up towards his scar, kissing the end of the cross, before she stepped back and replaced his mask. Stepping back from him, lowering to her height, Sayuri looked up at Satori shyly. The fire in her spirit flaring with desire. She barely knew him and, still, it screamed for his touch. HIS touch. Not just touching him, but his returned. She knew he was unsettled by her. She knew he was unsure of her presence. She knew and she didn't care. Sayuri had to let it out and know where she stood. As she stepped further back she extended her hand out to him saying, "Come stand in the rain with me...?

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Satori watched as the foliage and blooms of his plants bowed under the weight of the falling water, lit intermittently by the lightning. Satori always loved watching the world move and change around him, the rain included. Large puddles formed quickly in the midday storm and the Chuunin was glad he had planted his crops in raised beds, helping prevent them from flooding out. It called him back to Sumi's story of the Sand King, building his planting mounds day by day until he had formed great and imposing mountains. The Chuunin wondered if he'd ever be able to build mountains of his own.

His thoughts were broken by Sayuri starting to ask him a question, but seemingly unable to finish her sentence. She then stepped down on the opposite side of the railing. The awning kept her from the rain for the most part, but the wash crept over her feet. She reached up and pulled his mask down, causing the muscles across his chest and back to tense up. But he did not flinch away from, even when she brought her hand to his face to touch the scar adorning his cheek. "Nothing too serious, Sayuri. Just a souvenir from my Chuunin exam."

And then she raised herself up onto her toes, bring her face to his own and placing her lips at the corner of his mouth. Satori was entirely knew to this kind of experience, his introverted habits created little opportunity for romance. But then... today had started just as any other day had, with a simple cup of spiced chai. And now- now this? He wanted to kiss her, but hesitated... his hesitation costing him the opportunity, as she pulled her lips away, kissing him lightly at the scar, before stepping backwards into the torrent before asking for him to join her.

Satori, in methodical and practiced motions, removed his swords and placed them against the rail so that they wouldn't get wet and rust. Next he removed his headband, hanging it from one of his swords. Opting to take the long way around to the steps as opposed to climbing over the rail as Sayuri had done. When he stepped out into the rain his clothes became soaked almost instantly, his bangs falling flat against his face. He raised his hand and moved his hair to the side so that it wouldn't obstruct his vision. He looked up Sayuri, walking towards her, admiring how her hair remained so beautiful even in the rain. "I... don't really know what to say."

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Lowering her hand Sayuri watched as Satori removed his swords and headband. Her dark eyes taking in every move he made as she waited for him in the storm. Rain poured around her, soaking everything through. The coins on her hips clinked with each rain drop that hit. The sounds ringing like chimes, filling the air with soft music.

Satori made his way down the patio steps and into the rain. A smile formed on Sayuri's face as his hair went flat and fell into his eyes. She shifted her weight slightly, feeling like she was sinking into the wet ground, and swallowed as he came near. "I... don't really know what to say." Glancing down a moment Sayuri bit her own lower lip and raked her hand through her soaked red hair. Stepping closer to him she looked up into his eyes, her hand brushing his wrist with her fingers gently, as she said, "Say it was okay... Say....... Say you want more....." Red eyebrows drooped slightly looking at him longingly.

Sayuri slid her hand up his forearm to his elbow as she gazed up at him. Her heart pounded in her head and her body shook nervously. This was it. This was when she finds out if she'll be rejected or not. Her other hand moved to brush his wet hair from his face again only to linger with her fingers in his hair. Sliding her fingers down, out of his hair, she caressed his face over his mask. "........Please," her voice was barely over a whisper. Barely to be heard over the rain and the tinkling of coins.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Satori watched silently as Sayuri approached him through the rain, said nothing as she raised her hand to gently touch his wrist. He looked up at the sky, watched as the lightning arced from cloud to cloud, listened to crashes of the thunder that followed each bolt. Why did he always find it so hard to speak? What was stopping him from saying what he wanted to say? The Genma growled low in his stomach, urging him backwards, clinging to him like a child unwilling to let go of a favorite toy.

He looked down at Sayuri to see her biting her lip again, telling him what to say- telling him what he wanted to say. So why couldn't he? He took a deep breath, relaxing some of the tension in his back. His arms hung limp at his sides, the Chuunin unsure of what to do with them. He reached up and pulled his mask down, exposing the rest of his face. "Do you think I'd have followed you into the rain otherwise?" He smiled down at her nervously, water running down his face.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:49 pm

"Do you think I'd have followed you into the rain otherwise?"

Water ran down his face, dripping off his chin, as he smiled down at her. Sayuri's heart jumped, her lips pulled into a full smile, and she giggled happily at his words. "Really?!" she exclaimed as her hand slid up from his elbow to the back of his tricep. Smiling wide Sayuri reached up and caressed his face happily, her thumb brushing over his lower lip. Lifting to her toes again she playfully bumped his nose with hers before pressing her lips to his.

Sayuri wrapped her hand around the back of his neck as she leaned her body into his. Brilliant shades of purple and red makeup began to melt down her face as the water washed over it. She pulled Satori closer by his arm, guiding his hand to her waist, as she sighed contently against his lips. Those, now pale, thick lips moved over his caressing them ever so gently. Her fingers idly played with the hair at the back of his neck as they kissed.

Slowly Sayuri unlocked her lips from his, her mouth parted to release the hot breath she'd been holding in. Less than an inch of space was between them as she glanced up at him for a reaction as she caught her breath. Her heart thumped heavily in her chest, enough to noticeably pulse against him, as she lowered back to her original height. As she did, Sayuri's hands moved to his chest. Thick, wet, red hair hung heavy behind her dripping water like the clouds above.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:58 am

Satori tried not to let it, but couldn't help grow more tense as Sayuri moved her hands against him. She smiled up at her, and he couldn't help but smile back. What was it he saw in this girl? Was it simply the fact that she showed such interest in him- interest without abandon? He thought not, this wasn't the first time someone had tried to engage him like this. But it was the first time he felt so welcome to it... at least as welcome as someone like Satori could be to this sort of thing. His body, the Genma, they kept telling him to pull away but Satori simply did not want to.

The Chuunin found it hard to believe that someone would be so enthused simply to touch him. Sayuri pulled herself closer to him, leaning in to once again bring her lips to his. Satori returned the affection, smiling slightly through the kiss. In one motion she brought one hand around to the back of his neck and used her other hand to bring Satori's arm around her waist. He tightened his arm around her, bringing her body flush against his.

Sayuri pulled away from the kiss and lowered back to the flats of her feet before bringing her hands to rest against her chest. He wrapped his arms around her, his left around her shoulders to bring her tight against him with the fingers of his right hand digging into her hair as he gently guided her head to rest against his chest. He kissed her lightly on the top of the head. "Really," he said.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 am

She could still feel his smile against her lips as she leaned her head against his chest. Satori's fingers tangled in her wet hair as he guided her head and held her tight against him. Sayuri moved her hands from his chest to wrap her arms around his hips. It wasn't until she was cuddled this close to him that she realized their height difference. Not that she cared. Sighing contently she closed her eyes and just held him tight. His kiss touched the top of her head making her hold him closer and smile wider.

The rain around them seemed to slow time, like it was trying to freeze the moment. To hold onto the memory of the two. The seconds seemed like hours as Sayuri stood against Satori. Suddenly she pulled away and sneezed in the opposite direction. Groaning she blushed, embarrassed, and looked up at him with her lips pulled to one side. "I'm sorry! We should probably go try to dry off. If I don't dry my hair enough I always get sick," she laughed her last statement. As she lifted her hands to pull all her hair over to one side she lifted to her toes, again, and kissed his cheek sweetly. "Come on, Satori," she said softly as she held out her hand for him to take.

She made her way back up onto the patio, using the stairs this time, before she began to try and wring the water from her thick hair. It was practically useless, though, seeing as she was soaked through down to the skin. Sighing she dropped her arms, slightly frustrated, and looked down at her dripping clothes. Shaking her head she began to giggle. What did she expect from standing in the downpour? Casually she unhooked her jeweled and coined belt and removed it. The drops of material, both front and back, were attached to the belt as well. Draping her belt over the side of the patio railing she went back to trying to wring her hair out while saying, "You wouldn't mind if I borrowed a towel and a robe, would you? I'll make you dinner if you'd like?

It was starting to get darker out, the sun dimming behind the storm clouds, and she just didn't want to go home just yet. Of course, she didn't want to overstay her welcome... Not that their shared kiss in the rain showed it was wearing thin yet. The makeup she always wore was now all smudged and running down her face, and she knew it. Sayuri used the ends of her hair to try and clean up the mess of paint only succeeding in getting the smudging down to a minimum. She smiled over at Satori shyly before giggling and shrugging in an "oh well" sort of way.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:56 pm

Satori followed the kunoichi through the back door back into his home, trying to be careful to keep from dripping on the number of books, scrolls, and various objects that he had left scattered haphazardly about the room.

"Of course," he said. He went to his room to grab a robe for her, identical to the one he now wore, before taking her by the hand and motioned for her to follow, directing her towards the bathroom. "There are towels in the cabinet. Dinner sounds nice, by the way." He smiled down at her, genuinely, the sort of kind gesture that he didn't often share with others.

After showing her to the bathroom, Satori returned to his room and began removing his wet clothing. He grunted in frustration as he began to undo the soaked cloth wrappings that covered his skin. Satori eyed the dry ones sitting, rolled neatly, on his dresser. Not feeling like bothering with rewrapping himself, he simply donned a pair of loose fitting black pants and a robe before exiting the room.

Pawprintgrrl

Post by Pawprintgrrl » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Sayuri closed the bathroom door behind her as he turned towards his bedroom. Setting the robe on the counter to keep it dry she then began to peel her wet clothes off. Untying the Kumo engraved band from her thigh she folded the silk perfectly beneath the metal. Rubbing her thumb over the chiseled clouds she smiled to herself.

Sighing Sayuri began to poke around in the cabinets to find herself a towel. As soon as she found them she wrapped it around her body and waited a moment to warm up before wiping away the water on her skin. Once dry she flipped her hair over her head, so that it dangled in front of her, and began to twist it up in the towel. With the towel, and her hair, pilled high on her head she started the task of washing away her smudged makeup. It took a moment of scrubbing, but she got it all off. Once she finished rinsing the soap away from her skin Sayuri's brilliantly green eyes caught her reflection in the mirror. She looked so... different without makeup. Her high cheekbones and thick lips seeming to hold less prerogative on her face. She seemed paler, if that was possible, without the dark eye shadow and lipstick. Even her neck felt shorter without the red paint down the center. Sayuri brushed her hands over her cheeks looking at herself this way then that. It was almost unnerving how different she seemed now.

Shifting to the side the small girl let her hair and towel fall down and untangle themselves over her shoulder. Pulling a few kunai from her, no removed, thigh pouch she staked her hair up into a messy pile and used the kunai to pin it all in place. Locks or red curls fell around her face haphazardly while the rest was pulled up off her neck. Sayuri then unfolded the robe and held it up before her.

It. Was. HUGE! Satori was tall anyway, but compared to her small stature this was a very long dress. Giggling, knowing she would look silly, she put the robe on. She could practically wrap it around her waist twice before it sat tight enough to not fall off. If it wasn't for her shapely figure she'd look like a child trying to play in its father's clothes. The sleeves fell down way past her fingertips, and the ends drug on the ground behind her. Although, with the way it was wrapped it showed off her leg a bit like a slit. Pulling the door open she laughed as she said, "Satori? Come look at this."

Making her way out of the bathroom, hoping the coat ends wouldn't catch on anything and cause a mess, Sayuri held out her arms to show how large the robe was on her giggling, "Well, at least I'm not wet anymore." Bending down she piled the ends of the robe in her arms and gracefully tip toed over here's and there's on the floor on her way to the kitchen. "What would you like to eat, Luv?" she asked in her sweet voice before poking about looking at the ingredients available to her.

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:41 am

Satori couldn't help but smile at Sayuri's small frame swallowed up by his robe. He knew he was a tall man, but seeing the Kunoichi in his clothes really drove home the fact. This whole thing seemed so crazy to him- he had only met this girl a few hours ago, and already she was standing in his bathroom, wearing his robe and towel. He loved the way the the cloth fell across her body, which brought a slight blush to Satori's now exposed face. He couldn't remember the last time he had removed his wrappings around someone.

He followed the girl to his kitchen as she began to look through his cabinets for ingredients. As she did so, Satori came up behind her. He rolled up her sleeves past her elbows for her, pinning them up with a couple of senbon so that they'd be out of the way of her hands while she worked. He did the same with the trailing ends of the robe, gathering the fabric at the small of her back and again securing it with a senbon so that the fabric fell a few inches past her knees rather than trailing on the floor. "There. That should be a bit better." He took her gently by the elbow and turned her to face him, slowly taking in the features of her face now that she was no longer obscured by all of the makeup. She was, of course, gorgeous with the makeup on- but something about seeing her face as it really was pleased Satori.

He couldn't help but wonder how often other people saw either of them like this, their faces uncovered and unobscured. Satori cupped his right hand against the side of her face, watching her stark green eyes as he ran his thumb across her lips. She wondered what she thought of his own face- thin, pale, boney, and adorned with a blue dot in the center of his forehead. He bent to kiss her lightly on the lips. "Whatever you'd like to make is fine with me. Surprise me." He smiled.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”