Testing the Waters

Dahlia

Testing the Waters

Post by Dahlia » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:24 am

Ten minutes, Ai thought, ten minutes since she'd sent out the scroll for Hayasu. A simple parchment with her typical formal kanji handwriting that had read 'Meet me at the training ground, handsome.' Ai crossed her arms leaning up against one of the target posts and let out a bored sighed. Waiting always got on her nerves.

She needed to test out the new technique she'd invented, and Hayasu seemed like a good candidate. His genjutsu understanding was fairly low if she was right, in fact she doubted he'd ever encountered any genuine attempts at it. This would be fun. She laughed to herself taking in the surroundings.

A force of habit more than anything. Every single Kunai mark in the targets, and splayed crumbling of pebbles on the ground to the slightly clouded sunshine. All things she would have to mimic if for some reason she decided to place something more visual up. She didn't plan to, but again old habits died hard.

Zasadel

Testing the Waters

Post by Zasadel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Hayasu skidded around a corner, bounding toward the more formal training ground, dust kicked up behind him. He hustled and dove from roof top to roof top, bounding around like an ape while he swung and pressed onward. Kureiji clung to his collar for dear life, and soon enough he propeled himself over the walls of the training area and smashed into the ground. He tumbled and rolled, springing to his feet and saluting. "HAYASU REPORTING FOR DUTY MA'AM!" He grinned out, before clasping his knees and panting. The man had ran from the highest peaks to get there in time, a high honor only reserved for people Hayasu generally cared about!

Kureiji whooped and smacked his head before springing off of it and onto AI's shoulder. He slicked his crazied hair back and winked at Ai, flopping into her arms for a belly rub. The snide little bastard! Hayasu let it go for now however, as he was trying to improve his antics...at least in public. As soon as his breath was caught, he stood up, towering over the area and checking around. Nothing looked out of the ordinary to him, and really he was just hoping she wanted to train. Most would assume it was the "handsome" comment. Most didn't realize Hayasu was a dumbass when it came to women.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Dahlia

Testing the Waters

Post by Dahlia » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:46 pm

Ai had seen the stampede that was known as Hayasu coming from a mile away just about, heard it too practically. The man rushed up shouting at the top of his lungs and falling forward only to turn it into an actually impressive maneuver. It was a perfect example of what exactly the type of person he was. She made an amused sound and gracefully caught the small pet he always caries around.

She obliged the creature gently scratching his stomach while smiling brightly at his master. "Glad you could make it Deary. she approached him tilting her head. "It turns out my old friend from my genin days that I usually test my jutsu on is out on a mission, and well...I've got a new technique I'm dying to test. So how about it? Could give you a good idea about what dealing with other genjutsu users will be like."

Zasadel

Testing the Waters

Post by Zasadel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Hayasu blinked a bit and tilted his head to the side. She wanted to test Genjutsu on him? "Erm...Okay. What does it do? OH GOD, WHAT IF I'M IN YOUR GENJUTSU NOW? WHAT IF THIS IS ALL A LIE?!" Hayasu said franctically, flailing about as he fell over, twitching and flopping around. Kureiji snickered at him, stretching out and kicking back quite smugly. Hayasu beamed real fast and grinned. "BUT IF IT IS A DREAM....KUREIJI CAN BE KILLED AND I DON'T HAVE TO FEEL REMORSE." He hissed, Kureiji immediately freezing, opening his eyes and bolting at full speed. Hayasu scampered after him, throwing Kunai and Shuriken at the after images. "HOLD STILL YOU SHIT HEAD." Hayasu growled before losing sight of him. He then turned and eyed the horizon, grinning. If what he was told about Genjutsu was correct, he was free!

He stripped down and dove ontop of the training ground, feeling the breeze. "I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS! I'm so happy right now. Genjutsu is the greatest!" he called out, clearly lost in his own little head. Obviously, it wouldn't take much to fool him at first glance, but only in battle did Hayasu ever truly shine. He was a bumbled idiot until it was time to get serious, though sometimes he was just a...bumbled idiot. Several shinobi started to shake their heads, women covering their childrens eyes as several other training shinobi fell over clutching their stomachs in laughter.

Dahlia

Testing the Waters

Post by Dahlia » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:39 pm

The man’s antics had her struggling not to laugh, ironic considering what she was here to test. The crowd spectacle he had drawn near made it tempting to let him keep acting up and making a fool of himself, however she did have things she needed to do unfortunately. She could always enjoy his antics later. She put her fingers up and whistled loudly to gain his attention.

”Hayasu,” she stated smirking and standing with a hand rested lightly on her hip. “I haven’t activated the genjutsu yet. In fact, it’s not a visual jutsu at all, it’s an auditory illusion. Sound only.”

She finally let out the laugh she’d been holding back up until that point. ”Feel free to keep running around and shouting if you want, but you might attract more attention.” she pointed out the staring and confused people in the distance and other parts of the training ground.

Zasadel

Testing the Waters

Post by Zasadel » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Hayasu blinked for a moment before a scarlet shade crept up his entire body as he grew cold. He scampered out of site and quickly redressed, completely caught off guard. Readjusting himself, he coughed and came back from out of sight, standing back in front of Ai like nothing happened. [b]"Oh, I was quite aware, just was testing to make sure. It was..a counter..attack...ANYWAY, disregarding that now. I'm ready to begin if you are."[/b] Hayasu said with a smile, trying to brush past the obvious ridiculousness that just occured.

Even for Hayasu that was bold, and he was fairly certain he would eventually regret his carefree nature. Especially in front of a woman. From what he was gathering lately, he definitely needed to step up his game if he ever had a prayer in settling down after retirement. But then again, a life without being a shinobi was not a life Hayasu was sure he wanted to live with at all. He continued to be puzzled but let it go, instead focusing on the task at hand.

Dahlia

Testing the Waters

Post by Dahlia » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:03 am

"Oh of course I should have known," she said with laughter in her voice as he tried to cover up his foolishness. Ai hadn't laughed as much as she did when Hayasu was around in a long time. That was, note worthy. She began to form her hands into seals keeping up her pseudo smile.

"Alright here we go!" she said. She took in a breath and began to laugh hysterically.

At first it sounded normal and a few people stared at the over the top an frankly creepy laugh coming from the female Jounin, but then it started to turn. Only Hayasu would be effected by the jutsu' scull effect, but the general noise could be heard by anyone in range.

The laugh grew louder and deeper, becoming distorted and inhuman in sound. Then it seemed to multiply as if multiple people were making the noise at once, seemingly coming from every direction. Bouncing around the training grounds, particularly around Hayasu, surrounding him with the maddening, and eerie sound.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Genjutsu • Hideous Laughter]
C-Ranked Warp Genjutsu

The user creates a hand seal in the direction of their target and begins to laugh hysterically. Anyone in range will hear the laughter as five times louder, ominous and echoing possibly from multiple directions if the user chooses for three posts. The laughter can cause various feeling of unease, fear, and paranoia and possibly compel the victim to begin to laugh hysterically themselves.

Zasadel

Testing the Waters

Post by Zasadel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Hayasu, hearing the laughter, started to eye around him. "W-Who's laughing so hard?! I haven't done anything hilarious yet!" Hayasu exclaimed, puzzled by the growing laughter. The louder it got, the louder Hayasu got, and thus the chain of events grew to epic proportions. Hayasu began to yell mightily before keeling over and rocking back and forward, clearly disturbed. But before long, Hayasu started to remember it was just Ai practicing Genjutsu. His realization came to a good time, as he soon managed to shake off his fears. If there was one thing Hayasu was good at, it was being able to shake off and hold true to his morality.

He stood up and formed the necessary hand seals, using chakra kai to generally dispel it, listening as the laughter generally began to dissipate until it got to a more manageable pace. Soon, Hayasu even went as far as to slamming his fist into his chest, grunting as the pain echoed into his mind and the rest of the jutsu slowly seethed back into nothing. He shook it off and sighed, still quite serious. "Now I remember why I was glad I never had to mess with Genjutsu. That's beyond deadly." Hayasu muttered, looking over to AI.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”