New Beginnings

MrWolfman29

New Beginnings

Post by MrWolfman29 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Harashi sat down sipping a cup of tea. He had spent all day training on his ninjutsu outside of the village, trying to better himself. So far his strengths as a shinobi were in his ninjutsu. The sword on his back was a constant reminder that he still had a lot of work to do on his taijutsu. His mother had instilled a strong sense of the importance of swordsmanship in him. Being from a Samurai family, swordsmanship was held in high regard by his family. Often times, he would find her watching his father forge a new sword for a shinobi or samurai.

Finishing his tea, he stood up and walked over to the tree stump, drawing his sword, he slashed at the mark on which he was aiming. To his dismay, his slashes were not very precise. This is exactly why he kept practicing. After he spend some time slashing at the stump, he took a seat again. "Damn, I still have much work to do. Better find someone more skilled in taijutsu to help me better my skills."

Nyrax

New Beginnings

Post by Nyrax » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 pm

"Out of curiosity, do you always talk to yourself?" a voice came from the side. Harashi would look up to see a boy there, smiling as he watched the attempts that Harashi was making on the tree. The boy walked forward, his leather armor holding over him nicely. "Yaiba, pleasure to meet you" the chunin said as he crossed his arms. Harashi would be able to tell that Yaiba was familiar with hard work, his arms alone seeming an obvious indication of what his specialties were. Yaiba only used Kenjutsu as a whole after all.

Yaiba took a breath, allowing Harashi another moment to size him up. His armor was an indication that Yaiba expected to be close in the fray, but he also wore a small half-cloak over his upper body. His long sleeves looked large and bulky, but they looked too large to be just Yaiba's arms alone. Lastly, Yaiba had a bow and quiver strapped to his back. "From what I can tell you're not holding the handle of your blade tightly enough, and you're trying to make the sword do most of the work instead of moving your body with the blade. You need to help your weapon, it can only do so much on its own"

MrWolfman29

New Beginnings

Post by MrWolfman29 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Harashi was a little startled by the the chunin. He did not hear him approach and did not normally see many people come through here at this time of hte day. "Sometimes it helps me concentrate. My name is Harashi Takeda, and it is a pleasure to meet you as well." Looking him over, Harashi could easily tell that Yaiba was much more proficient in taijutsu than himself. Feeling a little timid towards the newcomer, Harashi tried to repress his slight feelings of anxiety.

"Great, now you sound like my mother." Harashi chuckled a little. His mother often corrected him on how careless he sometimes could be with a sword, usually making a mention of how he took more after his father. "Thank you Yaiba, I will give that a try." Giving a respectful bow to the chunin, he then proceeded to put what he was told into practice. This time, he tightened his grip on the blade and moved his body a little to much with the blade. After a couple more slashes, he made a little improvement. Breathing heavily, he sheathed his sword. "Yaiba, would you care for some tea? I usually have some ready when practicing to help clear my mind."

Nyrax

New Beginnings

Post by Nyrax » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:37 pm

"Certainly" Yaiba said at the offer of tea. His mother had made it for Yaiba before, so he had actually come to enjoy the taste. Kumo's tea was a bit different from his mother's...the truth was that Yaiba actually preferred the taste of Kumo tea more. "If you need further help let me know. I'm not extremely proficient with a blade, but I know weapons well enough to give out general advice" Yaiba said as he decided to take a seat. Harashi seemed to decide that it was time for a break anyway, something that Yaiba could fully support.

"If I could be bold to offer one more thing, you shouldn't ever train alone. It only causes you to further cement your patterns and the mistakes you're already making. You have no one to watch you and realize what you're doing wrong, I only know this because I had a trainer in the academy that took a liking to me" Yaiba explained. "I'm not from a shinobi family so I couldn't really get my dad to train me or anything like that, thankfully this guy used some of his off time to give me a little extra practice"

MrWolfman29

New Beginnings

Post by MrWolfman29 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:29 pm

"Thank you Yaiba, I would gladly appreciate the help. Being that both of my parents were born outside of the Land of Lightning, we have not always been seen as part of the village completely yet. I hope to change that by becoming a shinobi." Sipping on his tea, with his seat next to Yaiba.

"You are right, training only alone is not beneficial and usually just reinforces bad habits. Would you be willing to train with me more often? I am currently in between teams. Unfortunately my father could not afford to make another sword for my mother or afford to purchase one, besides the fact she has not practiced for years. She still does try to assist me with my form when she can." Harashi stated, not showing too much emotion. He was hoping to find a team or someone to work with so he could start progressing towards his goals. By now, he hoping to become a chunin soon so he could become more self sufficient.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”