[Graded]Reunion

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:00 pm

asdfShow
For the purpose of this thread, Senji is 16 years of age. His profile's age of 19 is at the very end of the civil war.
The large hat sat on a coat hook by his bedroom door, just as it had ever since he had returned. Still bearing the dirty traces of that day, Senji felt sombreness flow over him as he remembered everything the hat symbolised. He had not worn his signature giant blue hat in three weeks. Not since he had done those things. Things he did not even want to remember.

With a shake of his head to remove the screams of pain echoing in his young skull, Senji stepped through the door and made his way from the house. He couldn't sit in his room sulking forever. He had to overcome it. He pushed his feet into the brown leather boots waiting for him and made his way down the street.

After a short walk through the market district, Senji made his way to the top of Akino peak. He stared down on the village built below him, watching the tiny dots that were people make their way through their daily lives. None of them cared about what he had done. He took a sip from the tea he had purchased and brushed his brown hair from his eyes as he stared down at them through the thin clouds that gently kissed the top of the mountain. Senji had come here to feel the sun on his skin, to feel its warmth as he watched the people below. He sighed heavily, trying his best to think about something else. After a short contemplation, he wondered how his living friends were doing. Was Izumi coping with her blindness? Was Sou alright, fighting in the war as a Chuunin?

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:31 pm

"Take five, Nukegara."

Sea green eyes glared up from under blond bangs, despite the fact their owner was currently double over and sucking in air like his life depended on it. "I can keep going."

The faceless instructor across from him merely shook his head and turned to walk out of the cave-like room. "Wear yourself too thin now and you will be useless to us later. Honing a weapon takes care and patience. A rushed job and the weapon will break at first contact."

Sou growled under his breath. He still had little control over his new powers. It wasn't as easy as learning a new element or taijutsu style. Using the power of the Hell Genma was a constant battle within himself. Too much and he risked losing control to the beast, too little and it was basically worthless. But there was a war going on and the longer it took him to get control of this, the longer he was away from the front lines. Turning and stalking along the length of the cave, Sou soon found himself walking out of the hidden path behind the shrine he had first been taken to so many weeks ago.

He closed his eyes and sucked in a deep, bone shuddering breath of the mountain air. It was cool, crisp, and there was sunlight bathing his skin. After having spent what felt like days inside that cave, Sou felt some of his stress leaving him - for the moment at least. Opening his eyes, Sou was a little surprised to find he wasn't alone. Not many came all the way to Akino peak. It was above the clouds, it was cool and wet, but it was one of the few places there was natural sunlight without getting interrupted by the mountain.

Silently he made his way across from the shrine. Whoever this was, they weren't training. Or if they were it wasn't anything physical. They just seemed to be staring out over the edge of the peak to the village below. He almost felt bad for interrupting their musing. Almost. This was his spot, after all. Had been ever since he started coming here to train.

"Not used to seeing other people up here. You get lost or something?"
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:18 pm

From anyone else, Senji would have considered the man's words rude. But he knew that voice, and it filled him with joy to hear it alive and well, if a bit short of breath. He turned around quickly, smiling at his old friend with genuine glee, something he hadn't felt since the incident. "Sou-senpai!" he said in wonder as he moved closer to the man. He hadn't changed much since the last time he had seen him, quite some time ago.

Senji couldn't have been happier to see that dirty blond hair and those green eyes, and it brought back that cheesy grin the boy had worn so often before the war. He was especially pleased to see that Sou wasn't so much taller now, Senji was only a few inches shorter compared to the half a foot from before. But it wasn't all good news. Senji's eyes found the bandaged protrusions from the other ninja's elbows and his face dropped from glee to concern. "Senpai.. I didn't expect you to be here at the same time. I thought you'd be out on a mission but, I'm glad you're here." He said, avoiding mentioning the obvious change.

Senji took a nervous sip from his tea. Everyone around him kept getting hurt. Izumi's eyes, Sou's arms and especially Tadashi. No, I mustn't think about it. Senji chastised himself for beginning those dark thoughts once more. Sou was here and he was fine, if his arms looked different then so be it. His sip turned into a long draught as he let his arms down and sighed once more.

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:42 pm

Sou's eyebrows shot up when he heard his name come from the intruder's mouth. He was pretty sure he didn't know anyone that would come up here. And… no one called him senpai. Well, there was that one kid with the weird hat… Sou leaned in a little, staring hard at the young man in front of him. Without the hat it was hard to tell. The kid he had met had been a midget, barely able to throw a kunai. The guy in front of him was only a few inches shy of Sou's own height and lacked any hat of quite frankly ridiculous proportions. But then there was that bloody grin.

Sou let out a soft sight and shook his head. "Hello Senji." So the midget had survived long enough to grow up, huh? That was good at least. Reaching up to scratch the back of his head, he offered a strained smile of his own in Senji's direction. It had been a long time since he had last seen the self-styled magician. The civil war had taken up every active duty shinobi's life. There wasn't any time for getting together with old friends these days. "Missions… Yeah, never thought I'd say this but I actually miss going on missions. Even if they were terrible. Things have been - complicated, lately."

Sighing and shaking his head to clear his mind of the visions of the many that had died by his hand so far, he focused on Senji. He looked him up and down. There were slight bags under his eyes and despite his smile there was a certain… lack of energy that Senji had used to give out. Seriously, being around the kid was like being around live electricity, and now that was gone.

Sou almost thought it was his fault. Maybe just being around a monster like him drained other people of their vibrancy. Sighing, he forced another smile and waved his hand as if in an attempt to physically get the conversation rolling. "How have you been, Senji? Ever get those kunai to cooperate?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:53 pm

There was a time of silence after Sou mentioned that things had been awkward lately. Senji felt his eyes wander toward his arms, but he quickly shot his eyes back up toward Sou's face. His gaze as apologetic, as he realised what he had been doing. Shame and embarrassment washed over him, and he finished his cup of tea to cover it.

Thankfully, Sou waved away the awkward atmosphere and continued as if nothing had happened. "Ah. I've been.. okay. Mostly. The war.. well I'm sure you know how it is." he managed to spit out in a typically scattered way. Then, as if realising that he had been somewhat down the whole time, Senji flinched as if startled, then beamed up at Sou with that signature grin. "But, I've been promoted! I'm a chuunin now! Just like you, Senpai!" he announced cheerily.

Inside Senji was in turmoil. He suppressed his anger and confusion, forcing himself to smile for Sou. No matter what happened, Senji had to be happy. If for nobody other than his friends, who likely needed all of the cheering up they could get right now. And who knows, if he could make them smile as well, maybe he could fool himself into thinking everything was all right.

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:04 pm

He hadn't noticed the first time, but when he saw Senji's apologetic gaze Sou realized he was looking towards his elbows. The only outward signifier of what he now was. Sou let out a soft sigh and subconsciously reached across to rub at the bandaged spikes. He rose an eyebrow in the boy's direction when it sounded like he had just as many problems as Sou did right now. It seemed like the war weighed heavily on his mind. He supposed it was to be expected. If Sou wasn't having nightmares about the Genma sealed away in his gut, he was having flashbacks to his missions.

Being a ninja sure did suck sometimes.

But like a good ninja, he wore a mask. They all did, really. Even the eternally energetic Senji was wearing a mask now. He could almost see it slip in to place, going from downtrodden and remorseful about the war to suddenly upbeat about his promotion. Sou shook his head, a smile slipping into place, and reached over to clap Senji on the shoulder. "Congrats, kiddo. You've certainly grown." He gave him a once over, this time being far more obvious about, and chuckled. "Literally and figuratively, apparently."

Stepping up next to him, Sou looked out over the peak and down to the village below. He understood why Senji would come up here. It felt like you were above the world, like you had all the time in the world to think. It was a good place to try and sort out your own head. Though, in Sou's case, it was more trying to make sure his mind was still his own. Without looking towards Senji, he kept speaking. "What's on your mind, Senji? People don't really come up here for fun. We're equals now, maybe I can help rather than teach."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:48 am

Senji glanced up at Sou as he patted him on the shoulder. When he asked what was wrong, a sigh escaped the shorter boy, betraying his feelings. The silly grin faded, replaced once more by the slight downturn of the mouth and crease between the eyes that had been there before. "So you did notice after all.." he mumbled, brushing his hair out of his eyes absent mindedly.

After clearing his throat and shuffling his feet, he turned properly to face Sou. "I came up here to look at all the people below. I thought maybe if I watched all the people I'm fighting for then maybe I could feel better about what I've done. But really.." Senji paused again to sigh once more, and closed his eyes to take a deep breath. "When I was on my chuunin exam, when I fought, it wasn't for them. At first it was for revenge and then.. just.. because I wanted to. I felt something while I.. while I slaughtered them. And I'm afraid of it." He finished. Then he turned away from Sou and back toward the village. He looked down at them, a tear rolling down his cheek. "It's like something took control of me.. It's like I'm not even safe in my own mind."

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:47 am

Maybe it was a desire to let Senji hide that kept Sou from looking directly into his eyes. Maybe it was his own weakness, not able to stomach seeing the despair he could hear in his friend's voice. He couldn't be sure. Might've been both. His lips twitched downwards, curling into a frown which deepened with every word Senji spoke. At some stage Sou could swear he physically feel the emotions rolling off of Senji in waves. The self-loathing and the despair and the fear. And what could he say? Succumbing to bloodlust wasn't uncommon, especially in the middle of a war? That he was fine, and just imagining things? Considering that Sou himself was currently struggling to ensure his mind remained his, who was to say that something wasn't really influencing Senji's own? Would lying to one of the few friends he had really help anyone?

"The people down there…" Sou started, his voice gruff as he forced his own emotions away for the time being, "the civilians and the Genin and those lucky enough to not have to see what's really out there. What we do, even if it doesn't always seem like it, is to protect them from the horrible truth. This world is ugly and filled with corruption and death. As shinobi we succumb to that corruption and business of death. We deceive and we lie and we conspire to get what we need and we put on all kinds of fake fronts to make sure that the people down there don’t see the nasty ugliness behind the mask." At this point Sou was ranting more to himself than speaking to Senji. "Some part of us has to understand that. Some part of us has to embrace that. Otherwise we'd go insane."

Sou tipped his head back, going from staring at the village below to the sky above. He had taken on the role of Jinchuuriki to protect the village. Logically he knew that. But some part of him, that twisted part of every shinobi that kept them from going insane after they made their first kill, had to like the idea of all that power. Once he learnt to control the chakra of the beast he would become unstoppable and didn't that sound appealing? What ninja in their right mind would say no to unlimited power? But it was that part of himself that he had to fight against. It was that part of him that was the most dangerous. Because if he gave in to that desire then the Genma inside would take over. "We've all got darkness, Senji. Some part of us will always feel the thrill of the hunt. The bloodlust that comes with battle. To be shinobi is to use that darkness, not let it use us."

A harsh breath escaped through his nose and Sou suddenly threw his arm around Senji's shoulders in a one-armed hug. "Then again what do I know? You know me and feelings. They don't really go together."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:24 am

Each word drove a new pang of despair throughout Senji's body. The boy couldn't stand that his life would be full of death and destruction, forever. That nothing would change. What Sou was saying meant that he would face that feeling again, and again. Countless times he would have to stand on the very limits of humanity and throw himself into the broiling chaos of war. The rest of his life would be spent hating himself and the ecstasy he had felt wielding total power in the face of those who could not stand against him. Would he truly never know peace?

The magician began to slowly shake his head as Sou spoke, water welling in his eyes. A single tear fell as he refused to blink, staring at so many ant-like figures below. It was expected of him to lose himself in order to protect those people. Those whom so many of which stained their hands in the exact same way. But were any of them really worth protecting, if they were all murderers?

"Sou, I.. I don't think that's right. Shinobi can't be about death, corruption. Those things, they are evil..." Senji raised a hand to brush away the tears at his eyes, sighing heavily as he did so. His breath sounded more regular now as he drew himself up, stretching the heaviness from his chest. "Shinobi are-"

Senji gasped as Sou put his arm around his shoulders. A halo of golden chakra surrounded the boy immediately, slowly deepening as he channeled reflexively. A primal scream of fear and pain tore itself violently from his throat, bouncing its way down the mountainside. The shrill sound filled the still air totally, reverberating with its own echo as Senji clawed at his hair. A wave of red-gold energy blasted away everything around the boy as he fell to his knees trembling.
usedShow
Radiant Resplendence
B-rank Ninjutsu
Senji Channels his chakra into a point between his hands. This chakra then expands quickly outwards at a speed and strength of 20 until it reaches a diameter of 30 metres, excluding Senji himself. This technique continues to exert force for an entire post, during which time Senji can cast no other new techniques.

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:54 am

Mine!

That was the last thing Sou heard before he was blasted clear of Senji by a rippling wave of golden chakra. Sent tumbling through the air wildly, reflexes born from years of training and going through a war kicked in and Sou's own chakra flared in response to the perceived threat, a blue pad of chakra appearing in his path. Caught by the launch pad, keeping him from tumbling to an early grave as he fell down the face of the mountain, the Chuunin launched himself back to the relative safety of the ground.

Reddish gold chakra whipped around Senji wildly as he screamed hard enough Sou wouldn't be surprised if his throat was bleeding. Without even realizing he had slipped into Form One, his own bubbling red chakra had reacted to this strange power. He hadn't even felt the extra spikes shoot out along his back and arms. All he felt was worry for what was happening within the storm of chakra. Worry, adrenaline, and something else that wasn't quite him.

Mine!

Sou blinked, as if only just remembering that he shared his body with another. The something else he could feel wasn't his own emotions, it was coming from the beast. Now that he could separate it from his own he knew what it was. Possessiveness. Again he blinked, staring at Senji as more and more chakra forced its way out of him, keeping Sou from pressing forward to his side.

What do you mean, yours? Explain yourself beast.

The deep voice of Konegu chuckled, the sound reverberating in his skull. That boy has some of my chakra. By rights he belongs to me, much in the same way you do.

Sou didn't bother to argue the point that it was the other way around, that the Genma was his to command. It was an argument they had had many times before. Instead he focused on what the beast had revealed and then looked carefully at Senji's chakra. It was tinted red, the same red as Konegu's. Gritting his teeth and setting his jaw, Sou pushed against the storm of gold and red power only to find it threatened to push him away once more.

"Senji! You need to calm down!" He wondered if the boy could even hear his voice over his own screaming. "Listen to me! Senji!"

All the while the beast kept laughing in the back of his mind, and its urge to control this boy who had some of his chakra threatened to overtake Sou's desire to protect him.
JutsuShow
[Bound]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Sou channels chakra toward a position within 20 meters of him. His chakra then forms a square 50cm2 platform. Once Sou touches the platform, it pushes him off at +3 his normal speed in a single direction for 10m. As he moves through the air, he suffers a -3 to Taijutsu because of the external influence of force. This platform only works on Sou and things containing his chakra, while it lasts for 4 posts.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:56 am

Nails tore down Senji's face, drawing blood from his cheeks and eyelids. The screaming started to stutter, transforming from a long piercing shriek of pain and terror into a demented laughter. The boy threw his arms wide and spun around, grinning disturbingly into the sky above. With red fingertips he spun, throwing small droplets around him before he stopped and stared at Sou with closed eyes. Slowly they opened to reveal burning golden fires, contrasting with the red streams that spider-webbed his lower face.

For a moment he simply stared, transfixed by the crimson cloak that surrounded the elder boy. He could feel the connection as if it were physical, a chord that tied him to that crimson light. Some kind of kinship. A likeness. And yet a conflict. He wanted it. He wanted it to kneel. The magician's small head slowly tilted to the side, twisted grin still plastered on his face. With a delighted chuckle Senji flung his hand forward and coalesced his golden chakra once more, firing a bolt of the burning energy straight toward Sou.
UsedShow
Astral Artillery
A-rank Ninjutsu
Senji channels chakra into the palm of one of his hands. He then thrusts the palm forward, firing a bolt of chakra at a speed of 25, which explodes with the force of 8 explosive tags on impact. The bolt can move a total of 30 meters, at the end of which it explodes.

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:24 am

Sou thought he was going to be sick. Senji was scraping and clawing at his own face, laughing maniacally all the while. Blood tipped fingers flicked the crimson droplets out and Sou realized with a start that the chakra that had been keeping him away a moment ago had ceased when the blood hit the bubbling red aura that had starting to flow around him. For a fleeting moment when the younger teen stopped and faced in his direction with closed eyes, Sou thought he might have gotten through to him. He took a half step forward and then Senji's eyelids rose slowly and Sou's hope quickly turned to dread. Gone were the blue eyes that sparkled with mischief or joy or sadness. In their place were two burning golden flames.

The echoing laughter of the Okigenma suddenly filled his head again. The boy is lost. This is naught but a manifestation of my chakra now. Tainted by the human source, unfortunately, but distinctly mine. It will seek to dominate you. As my container, my representative in the world, it is on you to defend my reputation! You will take my power and show this… abortion, what true power is. You will not lose!

Loathe as he was to agree with the beast, the corona of golden chakra that was building in Senji's outstretched hand suggested he was at least partially right. Senji was still in there somewhere, all Sou had to do was get through to him. The bubbling aura rapidly started to grow, forming into the shape of the Okigenma. Let's get one thing straight here. I don't give a damn about your reputation. But I will take your power… and you got one thing right at least.

He lifted his hand into a seal and the aura rapidly grew in size until he was floating within a 5 meter tall shroud of energy. "I won't lose here!"

The golden chakra flared and was blasted at him and Sou threw himself into it. The resulting explosion tore apart his aura but dampened the blast enough that it wouldn't tear a new hole in the mountaintop. Sou himself was sent hurtling backwards, though a quick burst of chakra had a red arm of chakra reaching out towards the ground and pulling him safely to the earth. Panting, he rubbed at the blood that had escaped his mouth. Maybe absorbing that blast head on had been a wee bit over-exuberant.
TechniquesShow
[Embracing the Phantom]
A-Rank Okijutsu
Prerequisite: Form One or higher active.
Sou channels the power of the Okigenma, expanding his blood red Aura which grows in size until it forms a 5m tall copy of Konegu with Sou suspended in the middle of it. Sou is capable of drawing people he chooses into this aura. This shroud is capable of taking hits up to 25 strength before it starts to break and functions autonomously of Sou for basic movements, striking with a strength and speed determined by Sou's (Mastery+Control)/2.

[Hell Bound]
D-Rank Okijutsu
Having spent time mastering the use of his Aura in combat, Sou is capable freely extending his portions of his Aura, such as limbs, up to 10m as needed. This extension occurs with a speed and strength equal to Sou's (Mastery+Control)/2, lasts for a single post, and can only be applied to a single limb at a time.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:43 am

Senji shuffled toward Sou the whole time while his chakra had been charging, the golden energy that pulsed in his eye sockets showing no sign of having registered the exchange at all. However when Sou was thrown back once more, his larger aura shattered by the boy's power, a chilling giggle escaped those perpetually smiling lips. "Kneel. Shatter. Break. Kneel. Shatter.." came the voice, chanting despite no movement coming from the boy's mouth what so ever.

More chakra gathered around the outstretched hand as he continued to walk forward, this time becoming golden chains which lashed out toward Sou, seeking to wrap themselves around his body and limbs. To bind and chain, capture, imprison. Dominate. All the while the chanting continued, as his small legs shambled ever closer at the slow gait.

Nothing filled the boy's mind apart from the desire to regain what he thought he had lost. To conquer the thing that was bound to him so tightly. He could feel it so close and yet so far. And yet still his eyes saw Sou. Sou covered in red. Blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. His senpai. His friend. Somehow whatever he was seeking was.. inside of that ninja. The one he had become so close to. And he couldn't stop himself from reaching for it.
UsedShow
Astral Anchor
A-rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 30 Ninjutsu
Senji channels his chakra down his sleeve before releasing three chakra chains which approach a single target within 30 metres at 30 speed, wrapping around their body and limbs to bind them with 30 strength for 4 posts. This technique also causes Senji's chakra to mark the target for 5 posts.

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:00 am

What had happened to this boy? He remembered the first time he had ever met Senji, he had been a kid in a hat two times too big for his head, close to tears because he couldn't throw a kunai to save his life. And now? Now Sou was pretty sure that if he really wanted to that same kid could kill him in a heartbeat. A voice, eerily like that of the Okigenma's, came from Senji and yet his mouth never moved from that twisted smile. Raising his hand into a seal, he channelled his own chakra and formed a Bound platform directly in front of him. Stepping onto it, the Jinchuuriki drew on the spirits power even as he was flying through the air, reaching out to grab Senji with a bubbling arm of chakra.

And then came the chains. He was already mid-flight and they were moving fast. Withdrawing his chakra arm, he slammed it into the ground and tried to manoever around the golden chakra chains but they whipped around faster still, wrapping him arms and legs. For the third time Sou was dragged back to the earth and this time he had no way of absorbing the impact. Blood and spit escaped his mouth in a rush while he forced back the cry of pain that threatened to follow.

Pathetic! Weakling! You dare allow this abomination to dominate us!? Fight back! Rip these blasted chains to shreds and end him! I am the rightful ruler of this infernal realm and that chakra and I WILL NOT ALLOW FOR THIS TO STAND!

Sou carefully bent his neck so he was staring into the golden flames of Senji's eyes, ignoring the screaming coming from the Okigenma as it tried to force him to go into Form 2. "Senji! Senji, please! It's me, it's Sou! Your friend!" Sou was begging, pleading, all the while he felt the strength of the chakra chains crushing him, grinding against his arms and legs. He could feel more spikes starting to penetrate his skin as the Okigenma tried to force its way into control. Sou didn't know how long he could fight against on two fronts. He needed the Genma to stop or Senji to calm down before he was torn in two.
TechniquesShow
[Bound • Double]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Sou channels chakra toward a position within 25 meters of him. His chakra then forms a square 50cm2 platform. Once Sou touches the platform, it pushes him off at +6 his normal speed in a single direction for 15m. As he moves through the air, he suffers a -6 to Taijutsu because of the external influence of force. This platform only works on Sou and things containing his chakra, while it lasts for 5 posts.

[Hell Bound]
D-Rank Okijutsu
Having spent time mastering the use of his Aura in combat, Sou is capable freely extending his portions of his Aura, such as limbs, up to 10m as needed. This extension occurs with a speed and strength equal to Sou's (Mastery+Control)/2, lasts for a single post, and can only be applied to a single limb at a time.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Nafan~

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:19 am

Senji lifted his head to the sky and laughed in victory. But inside him was full of conflict. After seeing the damage he had done to Sou, and the older boy calling out to him, his mind was waking back up once more. He knew something was gravely wrong. He was hurting his friend and he didn't know why. Confusion and chaos filled him to the brim, but so did triumph and exhilaration.

After shaking his head he leaped forth in victory, to fall upon his prey. Sou could hear rapid footsteps behind him as someone ran along the cobblestones. A grey shape darted across his vision, severing the chains that bound him in a single passing. A second, darker shape soared over him and met Senji in the air, both of them hurtling to the ground meters away to the sound of metal breaking bones and striking stone.

The golden halo that had surrounded Senji, the telltale sign of constant channelling, disappeared beneath the indistinct shape that loomed over him. The cloaked figure stood back up before turning around, revealing the cats mask of one of Sou's black ops protectors. The man stepped closer to Sou, slowly, wiping his blade clean upon his black cloak. "The Jinchuuriki is secured, source of anomaly confirmed and neutralised. Operation is successful." was all he said as he walked.

Meanwhile Senji laid on the ground, staring at the sky. With his own eyes he saw the clouds, and the sunlight that filtered through their thick cover. He could not feel the pain from his broken arms, nor from the gaping hole through his intestinal tract. The pain from his guilt, however, filled him entirely. He remembered the entire episode, and yet he had not been the one to do any of it. His friend was on the ground, mere meters away, severely injured by his own hand. He had pleaded for his life. And Senji had enjoyed it. "I'm... so Sorry" He managed to sob as his tear filled eyes closed, too heavy to keep open any longer.

CharactersShow
Character

Sanjuro

[Graded]Reunion

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:33 am

The first thing he noticed was his ability to breath. He thought it odd, and maybe he had gotten through the Senji, but quickly realized he couldn't be further from the truth. The grey figure darted past, headed straight for his out of control friend.

No! No, no, no!

"He's-" more blood escaped his mouth, though he was glad for the ability to breath freely again it shouldn't have happened like this. "He's not a threat!" He finally managed to wheeze out. Sou was trying to drag his battered and bruised body across the harsh cobblestone ground, trying to draw on his aura to carry him, anything to get to Senji and stop the masked shinobi from killing him. But he had no strength left to drag himself with and the Okigenma had gone silent, refusing to cooperate any longer. He could feel the rage and disgust from the beast for a moment before even that went silent. He had never thought he would hate being ignored by the beast who was literally a part of him.

Never had Sou felt so alone.

Collapsing face forward, tears soon mixed in with dirt and blood. "Not… threat…" His voice was soft, broken, barely audible. He didn't have the energy to speak anymore. "He's… friend." The last thing he heard before the darkness completely took him was the sobbing voice of Senji. He was alive. And back to himself. That was good. He could sleep easy now. Just for a few minutes, just resting his eyes really.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”