[Graded]Magician's Apprentice?

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:05 am

It seemed to be rather refreshing day this day as Tobikiri nonchalantly walked the path from his clan's compound, taking in the beauty and grace of Kumogakure's eastern mountain as the fresh mountain breeze silently blew any visible foliage and whisked away the morning dew. The morning sun twinkled through the clouds, lighting the eastern mountain all its glory, shining brightly off the very same dew being blown in the wind. It truly was beautiful and this young Arashiyama got to see it almost every time such a good day came by but that was only a small piece of the beauty to grace this boy's eyes, for he would soon make his way down the natural stone bridge that passed the waterfall flowing to the lake below.

"So wonderfully beautiful" Tobikiri quietly ushered as he stopped midway on the bridge the glance up at the waterfall and the rainbow formed before it from the twinkling sun shining through the gentle droplets sprayed from the powerful rush of water.
"Violent but beautiful" he finished in admirance.
The boy took a moment before taking it all in, looking up at the perfectly sculpted top of the mountain and then down in the other direction towards the lake that his clan's compound overlooked. It was all so brilliant to him even though he had seen it so many times before, even the sculpted top matched the nature surrounding it perfectly but as always it had taken up much more of his time than he intended not that it truly mattered to him.

Finally having taken in a day's worth of beauty for any ordinary person, the genin had managed to make his way down the mountain in the hopes to get in some practice at a training grounds before being thrown into his first mission appointed by the newly placed Kage who he hoped to see in full in the near future. However this calm and easygoing boy wouldn't be himself if he didn't further wander and take in the day at his own pace, as such it would be no surprise that he took a longer route through some of the more quieter and emptier parts of the village.
"Ahh, I wonder how cool this Hayate guy is anyway, oh and what about my own coolness... how can I make myself even more powerful and cool as a shinobi anyway" he began quietly talking to himself, pondering about an assortment of things as the quiet emptiness allowed one to easily get through many thoughts.
"Huh..." he suddenly stopped as he noticed a strange figure up ahead.
"Someone else in such a quiet and unusual place" his self monologuing and became internalized upon realising he was no longer alone and taking in the oddity of the figure.
"Hooded and robed? They wouldn't have let someone slip in so easily would they? Not after THAT?!" he questioned, though admittedly rather calmly.
Tobikiri proceeded down his path with slight caution but in full belief that it couldn't actually be an intruder, though it was still an oddly dressed figure whose face was hidden behind a hood.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Some would have called the day cool, or refreshing. They'd have enjoyed the gentle breeze and the moist mountain air carrying sparkling droplets of dew across the morning sky. The way the sun struck the low hanging clouds and painted streaks of pink and orange through the typical blue of the heavens would have started their morning with wonder and awe. This morning, Senji was not one of those people.

He had awoken grumpily and dressed through half lidded eyes as his body begged to return to the warm sanctuary of his bed. What kind of respectable person got up at this hour of the morning when it was this cold anyway? As he left the house he flipped up the hood on his robes to stave off the chilly mountain air. In the palm of his hand he rolled a simple copper ring around while his footsteps marked his descent of the mountain, out of freezing air.

He made his way to the lowest level that the village sat on the mountain, the academy level, and found an unoccupied outdoor training ground so that he could begin his studies. A golden shroud of chakra enveloped him as he began to channel, drawing his chakra out into the world around him. Scrawling lines of his golden energy made their way across the stone of the training arena, drawing an intricate pattern inside of a circle. "Let's just hope I get it right this time..." he mused to himself, before throwing the copper ring into the air.

Tendrils of golden chakra reached up from across the circle to catch the spinning object, holding it in their semi-translucent grasp in the air. Then, Senji began to make hand seals and more chakra flowed from him toward it. Wonderful flows of gold and yellow droplets danced through the air, slowly twirling their way toward the ring and carefully tying themselves around it. A spectacular show of graceful arcs of light and the occasional thread of green healing chakra unfolded throughout the space surrounding the magician, who chewed his lip in intense concentration. A bead of sweat rolled dripped from the tip of his nose as he stared unblinkingly at the slowly gyrating ring.

Then, with a sound much like a taught cable snapping, the golden aura that surrounded the ring burst apart and faded into nothingness. The ring tore itself to pieces and a shock wave threw back Senji's hood, his blue robes making a cloth river as the sashes fluttered behind him. The golden circle even lost its glow, retreating back toward the point of origin beneath the man's feet. Senji sat down on the ground, then, and sulked.

He folded his arms and grumbled to himself about how it was unfair. He'd been preparing this careful sequence for a week, and it had been unsuccessful. Even after he'd gotten up so early in the morning, and suffered through the cold, he'd been wrong. "Damn it all!" he shouted in frustration.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

As Tobikiri walked past the strange man to try and find his own spot to train, he couldn't keep his eyes off him for he was rather oddly captivating. Whilst eyeing this robed figure it soon became clear he was practising jutsu which made sense since they had both arrived at the training grounds but the jutsu seemed like nothing he had ever seen before, sparking a keen interest in what was happening.

Going with the flow like usual caused this young genin to stop in his tracks and simply take in whatever it was this seemingly grumpy fellow was trying to do, watching as the guy performed unusual golden chakra movements with what appeared to be some kind of ring.
"Golden chakra..." the boy muttered to himself in confusion and intrigue, covering his mouth with his right hand as he began to ponder about what was happening.
Before long the spectacular show of tendrils suddenly exploded right in the man's face and even blew back his hood revealing young and boyish, yet also somehow manly features which swiftly sank into a sulking pout as the grown man really did drop to the floor like a child.
"GAH!" blurted Tobikiri as he was struck by the surprise of the explosion followed by a long murmur of disbelief that this man would suddenly stop and start sulking at his failure.

After awkwardly staring at the childish man for a good while the Arashiyama began to wonder what to do, not fully sure what to do in a situation where such an older looking person than him would behave in such a childlike manner. In the end it only seemed right to be his easygoing self and step towards the man-boy in attempt to offer his own thoughts.
"Well... That was certainly pretty cool, shame it seemed to fail" he spoke is oddly calm words, almost as if there was no awkwardness in the air.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:39 am

Senji slowly turned his head to look at the boy who occupied the same training area. He had been completely oblivious to his entrance, hadn't even realised he existed. After blinking once or twice, Senji leaped to his feet and brushed off his robes. "Oh. Hello. I didn't see you there." he stammered quickly.

The magician sheepishly scratched the back of his head as he realised how foolishly he had acted. He hadn't expected anyone else to be there, let alone a younger boy. What a way to set a great impression for the up and coming generation he thought to himself. With a sigh Senji walked up to the genin and extended his hand, he may as well do one thing right.

"My name is Senji, the Magician. Nice to meet you." he introduced himself, smiling sheepishly to hide the embarrassment of his earlier tantrum.

CharactersShow
Character

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:29 pm

It seemed the young boy startled the robed figure who didn't seem to realise he was being watched, though he was kind enough to greet the bot and introduce himself as Senji... The Magician?
Tobikiri glanced at him with a slightly puzzled look for a moment before also stepping forwards and accepting the handshake.
"Hello, nice to meet you too" he replied in a calm and earnest fashion, smiling politely as he spoke.
"I am Tobikiri of the clan Arashiyama. Sorry for just lurking around you, you just seemed so curious and as I said before it was shame whatever you where doing blew up in your face as it did but it seemed so cool and interesting" he introduced himself much more calmly than Senji and even added his compliments and interest in the man's technique.
"Oh, though, am I right in hearing you call yourself a magician? What does that entail?" a clam but blazing light of fire lit up in the boy's eyes as he curiously questioned the man's title, hoping for some cool explanation or story.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:09 pm

"Oh, it's no problem!" Senji reassured the shorter boy, "I don't mind it that much if you were interested." he finished with a chuckle.

Senji felt excitement begin to build within himself as he saw the spark of interest and wonder in Tobikiri's yellow eyes. Finding someone who was interested in what he was doing was rare, usually people just gave him an odd look for his eccentricities and walked away. That someone wanted to actually hear about it had his sheepish smile turning into an ecstatic grin.

"Yes! I am a magician! Magicians were once famed as masters of the mystic, long long ago in history. Nobody is really sure what they actually did, since the advent of chakra caused them to fall into obscurity. Nowadays most people think slight of hand amusement is the job of a magician. But that's not true. Magicians were those that studied the strange and unusual, and I am the same. I use chakra to study the world around me, and to study chakra itself. I unravel the mysteries of the world using this power, instead of just fighting with it like other shinobi." then Senji paused to laugh, and winked mischievously as he said "Even if my day job is being a shinobi."

CharactersShow
Character

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Tobi watched as Senji chuckled with pleasure then listened intently to what the older boy had to say, becoming very much intrigued with this magician business. Though he didn't quite understand it all, the idea of an ancient mystical past did sound cool and learning about all the strange things in the world such as chakra itself didn't seem like any ordinary task and as such caused this genin to smile and ponder about it further.

"I don't fully get it but it does sound interesting and being mystical and getting a deeper understanding of chakra does seem cool" he replied with great intrigue.
"I'm sure gaining such understanding does grant some power too which would make it even cooler. I could certainly see myself trying to get a better grasp of what being a magician is like" he added, clearly trying to take it all in and ponder all the possibilities.
"Probably easier if I could see more of it in action, perhaps by a cool sensei" he said calmly, glancing back at Senji to see what he thought.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:26 pm

"Mmhm! It certainly is cool. And quite often it can lead to discovering some pretty awesome techniques. Maybe even through enough study you could discover lost skills! Abilities that have gone unused for centuries!" Senji explained in wonder, making fantastic motions with his hands and staring longingly up into the clear blue sky as if something may be out there waiting for him.

"But there isn't really anyone that teaches this kind of stuff. I learned most of it by mysel-" Senji began absent-mindedly, before it clicked that Tobi was asking Senji to teach him. "Oh. I could teach you." He turned excitedly towards the younger boy.

Senji had never taught before, but perhaps that was exactly what he needed. Perhaps teaching others would help him find a purpose in his life. Besides, gathering a group to all study together sounded like a really great time. It would be fun, and they may even have the opportunity to change the world.

CharactersShow
Character

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 am

Senji built up his magician business even more, making it sound even cooler still as he replied to the young genin which caused his eyes to burn with a clam but bright flame of burning passion. Tobikiri really stared at the special jounin with intense hope for a good moment before the guy caught on to what had been suggested.

As it finally clciked in Senji's mind and he finally turned and suggested that he could be the young boy's sensei, a light grin spread across Tobi's face almost akin to a smirk rather than the utter joy and excitement one might expect from most people but inside he was definitely excited in his own calm way.
"Haha, I wasn't sure you where going to say you could but I'm so glad" he commented gleefully.
"Where will we start? What first? Actually, I suppose it doesn't matter that much I just feel curious about it all and want to learn whatever" he added, eager to learn the ways of a magician.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 pm

"Well... Since I guess you can already mould your chakra, there are a few other basic skills that constitute the skills of a magician." Senji began, golden chakra seeping from his body and surrounding him in a thin layer. He raised his hand and a small ball of chakra formed itself atop his index finger. He quickly juggled it between his fingers as if the ball climbed up and down stairs. "For instance, magicians don't require hand seals. They channel their energy directly, without the need for the crutches ninja rely on." He finished.

Senji looked eagerly down at Tobikiri. The flame of passion in his eyes spurred him on, and drove Senji to add more drama and suspense to his speech. To try and make being a magician sound more and more wonderful, exaggerating it to maintain Tobi's enthusiasm. He enjoyed making the genin excited, and happy. Perhaps teaching would be for him after all?

CharactersShow
Character

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:30 am

Tobikiri watched and listened with great intrigue as Senji began to explain further as his body started to glow in golden chakra, which itself was one thing that he was very curious about but that had to come later, now was the time to pay attention to the handsealess chakra trick which seemed pretty interesting in of itself.

What the special jounin explained made sense in a way, after all the basic tree climbing technique didn't necessarily need handseals yet it was so basic and simple but it was difficult to imagine going much further than that. In fact the boy's right hand started to quiver before his face as he raised it before himself in attempt to try and channel chakra in the same way, alas it was no use as he was too used to using handseals to focus himself and as such he suddenly grabbed his hand with the other as though he lost control of the hand and was now calming himself down.
"Wow, it sounds so simple in a way but I can't even do what you did" he commented in his usual clam but excited tone.

With that the boy looked up to the magician with great fascination and enthusiasm, though it would take a truly masterful magician indeed to see through the veil of calmness that always seemed to shroud the boy to detect much more eagerness than before.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Senji smiled fondly at Tobikiri's attempt to mimic what he had been doing. "Don't be disappointed! Hand seals are a useful learning tool that create a kind of short cut for learning to mould your chakra. A sort of training exercise to help the young kids at the academy pick up on it and be ready for duty swiftly. Most never bother to grow out of it at all. At least, that's how I see it." Senji explained, nodding as he did so. "It takes time. However..." the magician began cryptically, leaving a pause as stalked a few paces away for dramatic effect.

"I think I will give you an incentive. If you manage to learn to channel your chakra and perform a technique without hand seals, I will accept you officially as my student and take you on a research expedition. How does that sound, Tobi?" Senji suggested as he turned around, grinning. He had been enjoying the time spent with Tobi, and he thought gleefully about the future. A student to teach the ways of the mage, rather than the gritty, dark ways of the ninja. Perhaps he could begin a small revival of those whom he had read about through his childhood?

CharactersShow
Character

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Tobikiri nodded along as Senji explained the difficulty of simply channeling chakra and his thoughts on handseal use in relation to it, which did make sense given handseals where practically drilled into everyone at the academy and he even more so given he was an Arashiyama and received instruction before what a typical person would be expected to.
Delight filled the boy's golden eyes as a passion began to burn deep inside upon hearing the master magician's offer to well and truly train him if he completed his task, as such he clenched his fist and replied in a much more eager fashion than one might usually expect from such a typically calm boy
"Yes! Indeed... Of course, I will prove my worth to you Senji-senpai!" his words were truly full of excitement by now, though there was still yet a strange calming aura mixed within and was clearly installed in him in a way that it was never going to break and make him ever appear to have the same level of outbursts as others. However that did not mean his excitement wasn't true or equal to or maybe even higher than others, it just meant it didn't seem to get fully expressed as full blown outbursts; Where others would scream with joy about such prospects as learning from a master, his excitement flowed out like a clam wave and as hidden flame behind naturally calm eyes.

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:15 am

Senji nodded in support of Tobi's excited yet somehow still dull exultation in gaining what was likely to be a teacher. He smiled to himself, wondering exactly how they were going to get on together. The magician could see teaching one like tobi to be something of a task, and yet not necessarily a dull one.

The young man flicked his coat in approval and bent slightly in something of a very minute bow. "See to it that you do, Tobi!" He replied in a faux grandiose manner. "Now I must be off to continue my preparations. I shall see you shortly." he finished, knowing full well he hadn't taken a single step toward getting leave to go on the expedition yet.

With a rueful thought to how fun the application process was going to be, Senji was on his way past Tobi and out of the training complex. As he reached the gate he turned momentarily to give a polite wave and smile following a quick "See you soon.". With that, he was gone.

CharactersShow
Character

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:24 am

Tobikiri smiled and nodded at his possible new sensei as the grandiose man gave his final piece of instruction, pushing the boy to practice own some of his skills before they next meet as he prepared to depart and prepare something very interesting indeed.
The young genin then gave a polite, gratuitous and formal bow as the grand magician bid farewell and promised to meetup with his little student sometime soon.
"I promise to meet your standards senei, I will begin training immediately and great you with a channelling jutsu next time we meet" the Arashiyama said with great admirance and determination as Senji turned and left the scene.

Tobikiri watched his new awesome senpai leave as he thought to himself about where to start, perhaps his parents knew some things? Maybe some research in the library? Maybe just pure determination training right here and now? "Hmm... Probably best to gather information rather than trying to brute force things." he thought to himself as he nodded in confirmation and first headed back home to see what could be found there on such subjects, plus his parents probably knew the best sections of any library to look into if not.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”