[Graded]Taming the Beast

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:25 am

"Time to wake up."

Sou groaned and blinked opened his eyes, holding up a hand to try and filter out some of the light that was beating down on him. It took a few tries before he could open his eyes all the way. They felt heavy, like he hadn't slept in a week. And he felt cold. Looking down, he noticed his shirt and jacket were torn to shreds. Flopping backwards, he let out another groan and looked to the source of the voice.

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't Banri. It was Red. Well, Sou didn't know his actual name, but it was the only one of his watchers who wore a red mask.

"What happened?"

Red stood up from his crouching position and walked over to Sou's side, reaching down to lift him off the floor. The motion made the Jinchuuriki feel ill. "You went into the first form and manifested a cloak. Congratulations." He poked Sou on the chest, where a paper seal was currently glowing. "You also went berserk."

Gulping, Sou stared at the seal before looking into the blank eyes of the mask. "I didn't… hurt anyone, did I?"

Red cocked his head to the side, as if assessing Sou. "No. Everyone in the room was trained to deal with Jinchuuriki. I doubt you could have really hurt us even if you tried."

Sou didn't know whether he should feel offended or relieved at that. Eventually he for a bemused smile and let the masked man help him over to a seat, where he was handed a bottle of water. Sipping at it, careful not to disturb his already upset stomach, he let out a harsh sigh and hung his head in his hand. "I guess the bastard was right. I've got no control. I can't be anywhere near other people without being a risk to them, can I?"

"You weren't completely out of control." Red started, with Sou looking up at him with a frown on his face. "When you went berserk, you couldn't focus your rage. If the Genma had taken over, it would have been able to get past us easily enough. Some part of you was fighting it, preventing it from taking complete control. You beat yourself up more than us."

He motioned to the bruises and scratches on his arms and stomach. They certainly weren't signs of trained shinobi stopping a spirit with Fuuinjutsu. Had he really tried to stop himself from hurting anyone? That was… a surprisingly comforting thought. "What… what happens now?"

It was as if Sou could feel the sadistic smile behind that blank mask. "Now, the Raikage is going to be looking in on your training." He poked the seal again, this time when he pulled his finger away the glowing stopped and the paper tag fell to the floor. "And he doesn't use fuuinjutsu." With that Red flickered out of existence and Sou was left to wait for Hayate to arrive in the chamber.

"Greaaaaat."
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:00 am

Having retreated to the observation deck with the rest of the team, Red would pull a lever. Promptly following that the north-most wall began to creek, the sound of intricate mechanisms clicking one after another as slowly the wall began to indent until finally there was nothing but a tunnel filled with darkness. Eventually, the tunnel would seem to finally meet it's end as a small light would appear for only the slightest moment, the clicking continuing as the tunnel reversed itself back. Well before it closed however a man of imposing stature would zip through it and into the room, coming to a halt before the boy who housed a most evil spirit within himself. This man was the 9th Raikage, Nakajima Hayate.

"Sou." he called out as he bowed his head slightly and gave the boy a look up and down. As he inspected the sanctum he made note of all the scratches and scorned earth. It was impressive, given the durability of the sanctum far within the mountains atop which Kumogakure was built. In truth, he was hear to break Sou- this much was obvious even to Sou. This wasn't of course cause the boy's development had been slow, but on the contrary, he had seemed so much more capable than Hayate had ever guessed.

"Sou- as you might have been made aware I will be seeing to your training. You've grown stronger, but the only way to keep doing so is to take risks otherwise impossible with the others ." he said pausing as he reached into his cloak, pulling out a kunai and spinning it round and between his fingers. "The fact of the matter is, to get better you're going to push releasing the full Genma each time, and the reason why I'm training you is so you don't have to hold back on account of my safety." Hayate said as his eyes bore into the boy.

"I'm the man in this village who can handle you at your worst, so, let's begin?" he said cheerfully, the kunai's spinning suddenly halting as he held it in his hand.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Sou didn't even look up from his hands when he heard the grinding of a wall opening. He had never seen that before, but obviously there would be more secret passages in this place. Like it wasn't creepy enough already. He felt more than saw the man appear in front of him, like a rush of wind smacking him in the face and then static in the air, making his arm hairs stand on end. He looked up and stared at the Raikage standing in front of him. He honestly thought he would get a bit longer of a break, but apparently they were just diving right in.

Awesome.

The more he talked, the more Sou got worried. "… You want me to what? Actually let the damn thing take over!?" Was he nuts? "I literally just came back from losing control and you want me to just do it again!? Hell, I don't even know how I lost control." Sou's anger and fear was as quick to fade as it had flared. He just didn't have the energy.

"I was trying to make a full body cloak and it dragged me into my mind. Or I went there on accident, I don't know." He lifted his hand and drew on the Genma's power, feeling the foreign chakra bubble up from his skin and form into a glowing red aura around his arm. "That's about all I can do on my own. I don't know how to push the Genma any further. It's the one that took over and forced me to change, not me forcing the change and then it taking over."

Of course you didn't force anything, my foolish host. I am far superior to you.

Sou stiffened. He hadn't that voice in his head for a while. His jaw clenched and his balled his hand into a fist, causing his aura to mimic the motion. A sniggering sound seemed to echo in his skull.

Is that really all you can manage? How pathetic. At least the last host could make a full body shroud before I felt the need to take control.

Sou looked up to Hayate, the glare evident in his eyes. "Any ideas? I want to put this bastard in his place."

My place is as rightful ruler of this world with everything under my control. Do you really wish that? Because I would be happy to oblige.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:34 am

Letting out a light chuckle, Hayate began to spin the kunai between his fingers once more. Sou still lacked confidence, or at least the confidence to act in a decisive manner, however Hayate now saw why the council had chosen him. While not perfect, he was a safe and slow bet for developing into a strong jinchuuriki. That was why he was the best man for the job. Besides, you grew into confidence.

"Yeah, that is pretty much what I had in mind. " he said as the kunai revolved it's way through each of the spaces between his fingers. The Hell Genma was a particularly cocky genma, and while not purely evil in Hayate's opinion, he had quite a nasty personality. The lucky thing was however that the easiest people to control were those who wanted to be in control. That was ultimately what Sou could use in order to get power out of the genma, for the time being. Of course, this wouldn't be a permanent way of doing things as eventually Hell would catch on each time, but, for now, it would allow the boy to at least grow his skill.

Hayate launched the kunai inbetween his fingers into the ground behind Sou, then pulled another and began to spin it like he had been doing before.

"The cool thing about genma's are if their host dies while they're in the host, they die too for a bit. It's not permanent but boy is it an inconvenience, and when he comes back, he'll be weak and easy to capture..." Hayate trailed off. He knew anything he said, Hell would hear- after all, utilizing his high wit he planned to milk this from the beginning. "So in other words, your well-being is always in his interest, and if he really wants to control you, giving you his power would be quite the way to do so... Hell is smart so I'm sure he realizes controlling doesn't always require force- sometimes it requires making one think your on their side... " he said as the kunai suddenly halted once more. He'd planted a seed, an idea, and a thought for Hell.

Now he just had to fan the flames.

"Though I find it quite funny how someone who thinks they're the rightful controller of the world has been sealed in humans, helpless for years cause he was too dumb to learn how to work with his host for supremacy. It's great really. Hell, even if he somehow escaped you he'd just get beatdown- and if we really wanted we could seal him for all eternity into an inanimate object so easily... " Hayate said with a chuckle as he began to spin the Kunai again before launching it into the ground behind Sou yet again, and once more drawing another.

In case things got a little hairy these kunais would act as anchors.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:07 am

Sou watched his Raikage with a slight frown, his eyes constant darting between the man's face and the kunai he kept playing with. He was slightly worried about just how the man was going to persuade him into losing control of the Genma, given the way he was flawlessly spinning the kunai through his fingers like it was nothing more than a toy. It was a habit Sou had as well, though the way Hayate made the blade dance was far more impressive than Sou's tricks. He was shaken from his musings when the kunai suddenly rocketed past him, forcing down the flinch that would have shown just how startled he was. The blond turned to see where the kunai had buried itself into the gold stone ground of the cavern before looking back to the Raikage, paying more attention to his speech.

He really didn't want the next one to be closer.

He actually had no idea that his dying would only be a temporary setback for the Genma. He had never heard of a Jinchuuriki dying, at least not before their beast had been extracted beforehand, so that was news. Most spirits didn't have the chakra to come to the human realm of their own free will. Apparently Genma could. Made sense, he supposed. They were supposed to be the strongest spirits, the oldest, around since before the dawn of shinobi. And the more Hayate spoke, the bigger Sou's grin became. The man was right. Ultimately, Hell had been around longer than shinobi but shinobi had grown to be the dominant power. The Genma had become little more than glorified weapons.

Pain exploded in his skull. Sou yelped in shock and grabbed at the sides of his head. It was like his brain was being held in a vice, pressure being applied from all sides. A deep, haughty voice echoed from within. A weapon? You think me to be a weapon? This human thinks he can defeat me if I chose to break free?! Warmth began to spread through him. Blood red chakra bubbled up from the surface and he could feel the spikes shifting, growing, piercing through his skin. The tattered remains of Sou's top fell away, revealing his whitening skin. You want to know my power? Let us see if you can control this!

Unlike the last time where Sou had ceased transforming relatively quickly, this time it continued and it was pain. Sou screamed, his voice twisted and distorted by the power of the Hell Genma. He could feel the spikes ripping through the skin of his cheeks. But what hurt the most were his eyes. It hurt so much he was weeping uncontrollably. Instead of tears though he was weeping blood, the crimson a stark contrast to his increasingly colourless face.

This is but a taste of the power I can provide. Witness!

Sou was aware of his body as it stood up but had no control over his motions, a passenger in his own body. The bubbling red chakra suddenly set, looking far more solid than anything Sou had ever managed on his own. Surrounding him was a blood red aura the exact shape of the Hell Genma. His arm was raised and even more chakra coalesced in his palm, at first forming a dark red ball before quickly expanding until it hardened into a staff with two points at the top. The base of the bident tapped the ground and all Hell broke loose.

Three giant arms of chakra, each as thick as Sou was wide, shot off from the aura, aimed straight at Hayate. This was what the Raikage had wanted, but Sou couldn't help but mentally scream and rage against the control of the Genma. It wasn't supposed to be like this, he was supposed to be in control, not the other way around. As the arms approached, even more arms sprouted from the three arms already formed until there were nine arms of glowing red chakra all aiming to crush the Raikage into the ground.

[Word Count: 669/1500]
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Hayate had continued to spin kunai around his finger tips, releasing them periodically about the room as Sou struggled on what to do next. If by chance Sou decided to focus on Hayate's antics and think of it as anything more than a nervous tick, he'd of noticed that the 6 in total that had been strewn around the chamber seemed to almost encircle him and his side of the room. With no more kunai to spin, Hayate just stood there, waiting for the boy to do something... or, rather, the Genma he had just poked with a metaphorical stick. Luckily, it didn't take long before the rage of the Hell Genma took hold and red chakra began to bubble up from Sou almost like blood itself. Spikes and shapes came forth from his body as he writhed in pain, however Hayate showed no movement or concern. Hayate was fully aware being a Jinchuuriki was not easy- especially for the host of Hell. It was perhaps the most outright volatile genma. He had no desire to baby the boy and stunt his growth.

As he looked up and down the boys form, it was remarkably close to the true Hell Genma. He could see that his words clearly had inspired quite a bit of rage inside of it. His inspection also revealed something else- three minute details. Three spikes had begun to protrude off of Sou. Before they could even fully form into arms to strike Hayate, utilizing his anticipation and his speed, he would disappear, the arms instead striking right into the ground with a great deal of power but also scattering dust all over the immediate area. Moments later, from within the dust, he would come spinning in a launched round kick aimed for Sou's shoulder. While Sou wouldn't have been able to handle the damage or the kick himself, in his current transformation, the Hell Genma would be more than capable of taking the hit.

"Did you actually think that would work, Hell Genma?" he chuckled.

If his kick landed and went off without a hitch, he would attempt to kick back off of Hell and into the dust cloud.

USEDShow
Lightning’s Shadow • Watchful Eye
A-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 30 Tai, 35 Instinct
Possessing immense instinct and perception, Hayate is cognizant of even the most subtle details around him, to a point where he can even pick up on the slightest tension changes in an opponent’s body allowing him predict their movement before it is complete or even read what someone is writing by the way the top of their pencil moves. At times his eyes seem to move on their own will, rapidly tracking an amount of movements equal to his [Instinct]/3. A downfall to this technique however is that while his eyes may be aware of movement, his body is not always capable of knowing and keeping up.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:44 am

Don't misunderstand, Sou would never willingly want to give over control of his body to the beast he held inside. It was dangerous and reckless and could get people killed. But right in this particular moment, when his Raikage came flying at him at a speed his eyes couldn't even hope to track, he was really glad that the Genma was in control. The aura that surrounded his body bubbled and coalesced around his shoulder and then suddenly solidified a second before the impact would have shattered his shoulder. The blow still hurt and caused his whitened skin to instantly bruise, but at least it didn't render the arm entirely useless.

His mouth opened and a guttural roar escaped him from deep in the back of his throat as Hayate disappeared back into the smoke. The aura of chakra began to bubble once more as it changed shape, lifting his body off of the ground, suspended in the mass of energy. It continued until almost double Sou's body in size. He swept the long bident in a broad arc, the aura bubbling in its path. The dust made it impossible to track the fast moving form of the Raikage, grabbing at him with chakra arms again would prove to be impossible.

That wouldn't be a problem for the Genma.

His lips were forced apart by the primal scream that threatened to make his throat bleed as more and more chakra was pulled from his seal and into the chakra shroud until finally it seemed to explode. From each ripple a long finger of chakra, sharpened to a point at the end, fired outwards, all of which were aimed directly at the dust cloud. The Genma wasn't done however, as he made Sou wave the bident again and from each finger-like lance of chakra more and more shot off until it formed a veritable web of spikes piercing every inch of the dust cloud it could.

All the while Sou was trapped within his mind, watching the scene unfold. Unlike the last time he had lost control and simply blacked out, he was fully cognizant of what was going on. It was like the Hell Genma was trying to prove a point. The Chuunin raged and bashed against the mental prison the Genma was keeping him in but it was all moot. He needed to find some other way to take back control.

This won't last forever, beast! We both know how the seal works, you can't take control of me! Not permanently!

Do not dare assume you are the superior being here, human. My control over chakra is limitless. This is but a fraction of what my power is truly capable of, limited as it is because of this seal. Imagine what we could do if you just handed over the reins.

Sou growled and turn his attention back to watching the fight, praying to any higher powers there were that he didn't actually wind up injuring his Raikage. He took a deep 'breath', mental as it was, and tried to calm his body and relax his mind. Banri had warned him. Jinchuuriki's lost control when they succumbed to their baser emotions. Rage and bloodlust being the key ones. True, the Raikage had poked and prodded this situation into being, but the entire point of being a Jinchuuriki was to be the one in control of the weapon.

Another 'breath' and the Genma's mocking laughter seemed to echo in his skull.

[Word Count: 1231/1500]
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 pm

His foot landing directly on the boys shoulder, he watched the Genma dance to the boys defense. Had the genma done nothing, Sou's arm could literally be somewhere else. This of course, put a smile on Hayate's face as he flew back through the air and into the smoke. Even if the genma didn't want anyone but himself in control, the Hell Genma already was defending the boy, even if it didn't intend to in that way. From within the dust he watched Sou incredulously. Every detail- every movement. Every hesitation in his body language. Hayate could only attempt to imagine the turmoil within Sou. Imagery of Sou battling the Hell Genma itself danced through his head as his eyes watched for the slightest clue.

The boy was losing his battle and the Genma was starting to take more and more control. Unfortunately, this meant Hayate would have to act before the full beast was out. He had no intention of fighting the full form Hell Genma, even if he could do it. Just as he began to formulate his next move, he was interrupted by a gut wrenching and visceral roar. His eyes widening, he realized Sou was already edging towards the point of no return. Along with this realization however came a full out attack from the Genma as the entire clouded area was speared.

Shit.

He had slightly underestimated the Genma and over-estimated Sou. This meant of course he would have to take it to that level, and biting into his lip still body was suddenly surrounded in a dazzling coat of electricity, something so magnificent and legendary, very few below the rank of Jounin had ever had it used against them in battle. Even then, it was only the beginning of Nakajima Hayate's might. On immediate contact, any aura bits that would touch Hayate would become instantly destroyed- as if they evaporated under the heat, strength, and electricity of his cloak, and as the dust and smoke cleared, the Genma and the boy would see Kumogakure's Reborn Star.

I wonder if the genma recognizes this- it was Akino's final gift to me, after all. he thought as his eyes locked onto the genma.

"I'm going to help you too- but you have to want it boy!" he screamed as he burst forward with all the speed he could muster and swung his fist towards Sou. The punch would come off his fist itself, the very air displacing around it, and though physically it wouldn't hit too hard, it'd be scorching hot and carrying the electricity of his cloak. For most, this would end the battle decisively and paralyze them, if they survived the hit. On the other hand though, with his cloak, the effect would be lessened, but that was what Hayate intended.

The true plan- his true plan... Was to force the Hell Genma into trying to kill him with everything it had to the point that it tired out and Sou could usurp power. After all, even Genma tired.

USEDShow
Raiton • Manifest Lightning
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Hayate causes the chakra leaking out from each tenketsu point on his body currently to convert to raiton chakra. This causes Raiton • Aspect of Lightning to appear around him.

Raiton • Aspect of Lightning
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 42 Ninjutsu
Upon willing his tenketsu to manifest his cloak, Hayate's body is coated by a compact inch of hard raiton chakra and around that, 1 foot of residual electrical energy that sparks erratically around him. If this energy is destroyed or removed, more leaking chakra takes it's place. This cloak is shaped relatively perfect to his body, giving the illusion of a worn cloak of electricity. This electricity is strong enough to easily burn through anything with force applied behind it. While active, anything attempting to physically breach Hayate's cloak that possess less than 50 strength is instantly repelled and airbourne contaminants or particulates find themselves blown a way by the potent current before they can ever reach Hayate. When willed, this cloak materializes at a speed of 34.

Lightning’s Shadow • Thunderous Blow
A-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 35+ Speed, 30 Strength
Utilizing his extraordinary speed and his high strength, Hayate will deliver a powerful straight punch forward, the sheer amount of strength and speed the punch is thrown at displacing a pocket of hot air around his fist that is capable of causing first-degree burns due to the high level of friction. Effectively extending his punch by 7 meters, the air pocket is 2 meters in diameter and moves out in one direction only. Getting hit by it is like being hit by Hayate's actual fist though at a 2/3rds of his strength. Additionally, if Hayate is wearing an elemental cloak, the element will imbue the air pocket that comes off his fist, adding it's effect to it.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:14 am

Battle seemed to be a few key moments in between rushes of mindless violence. In those moments it was like time stopped as the combatants waited for fate or providence or whatever power there was to show them that everything they had been fighting for was achievable. Sou was filled with a sense of terror and dread as he waited for the dust cloud to dissipate, while he felt the Genma's smug assurance that his attack couldn't be escaped and he had proved that he was the superior being once more. The broken and hopeless were so much easier to take control of, after all.

Your Raikage is doomed, child. Do you truly believe you have any chance of fighting me when even your leader holds no candle to my power? Accept your fate and submit to my rule.

Sou had no response for the beast. He had seen no sign of a body replacement or the dust getting disturbed by high movement. Had the attack really landed? He felt himself sinking deeper into the abyss of his own mind. If even the Raikage, the man who had started and ended a war, couldn't defeat the Genma what chance did he have? He was just a Chuunin, and not a great one at that. He knew they had been wrong to pick him as the Jinchuuriki. They should have chosen someone stronger-

And then the sound of lightning reached his ears.

The dust cleared and it was like Hayate was serving as a literal light in the darkness, standing there completely unfazed by the numerous spikes of red chakra protected by his cloak of flickering lightning. Sou felt the abyss receding, a swelling of hope in his breast. This… This is the Raikage. Sou had never seen this technique, but had heard rumours. He felt like they had been exaggerations, not uncommon when hearing third and fourth hand accounts of a new hero. But to see it was actually real was awe inspiring.

The Genma had gone silent. No more taunts, no more attempting to coax Sou into giving up control. Pure silence. It was almost strange to feel alone in his own head. A soft whisper broke the silence. Almost too silent for Sou to hear and it was in his own mind.

He dares…

And then came the rage. Pure, unadulterated hatred flooded every fibre of Sou's being and it was like he was drowning in it. His physical body actually stumbled slightly under the sudden pressure, more and more chakra flooding into the aura, red and bubbling like water being furiously boiled.

HE DARES!?

Sou winced, clutching his hands to his ears, while his body suddenly started moving. He heard Hayate's cries but they almost drowned out by the rage induced scream that echoed from the back of his own throat. The pocket of heat and lightning spread across the expanded aura, causing it to flicker and disappear for a moment and even more rage filled Sou. Pain exploded from his head as his forehead, quickly turning pure white, stretched and hardened until it covered his eyes like a visor, more spikes ripping their way through his skin.

A large arm of chakra, far greater in size than any made previous, shot out towards the Raikage. All it needed to do was touch that cloak and then… and then the Genma would show this imposter who the true master of chakra was. It would dominate the man's cloak and turn it against him, rending him apart with his own technique.

All the while Sou was beginning to realize just what Hayate was doing. While he was in inexplicable amounts of pain, the Genma was no longer talking to him. No longer trying to control and dominate his mind. It was almost freeing in a sense. He wanted to simply lay there and float in the abyss of his mindscape. But there was work to be done and he still needed to get his body back.

[Word Count: 1899/1500 - Form 2]
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Damn- I didn't expect it to reach this point this fast. Hayate thought as he lept backwards, attempting to stay light on his feet. In the process various bits of rock and rubble that had come lose from the force of the punch disintegrated upon his cloak. Though his attack had not damaged Sou, he had once more caused quite a bit of debris to enter the air and hopefully caused the Genma to expell some energy in protecting Sou from a blow that would of otherwise destroyed half his torso. Things were going as planned but in truth he was at a loss of how to continue fighting. That's not Sou anymore. It's completely the Hell Genma and he's getting towards his late stages... While I play ignorant and my goal is to goad the Genma into ignoring Sou and tire him out for Sou to usurp power... the truth is I'm more than aware that the one being on this earth who can easily disposes of me is that Genma.

Hayate watched bewildered as Sou began to become the spitting image of Hell, and began channeling into his finger, though before he could finish watching this was interrupted by a massive arm of chakra shooting out at Hayate.

It's fast! I can't let it touch me!

Hayate lept out of the way as fast he could, barely managing to dodge the arm which then promptly sailed into the ground., the force alone creating a massive crater and enough residual force to knock Hayate off his feet, sending him sailing into the air and then promptly into a wall, making a huge crater of it's own as the stone was completely destroyed by his aura. Without a second to lose he sprang to his feet drawing a kunai, and in a spinning leap into the air unleashed it towards Sou. When it hit him- which he counted on since the Genma had no desire to block a puny thing such as a Kunai, he would point his finger to the sky as lightning bolts would fall to Sou.
USEDShow
Raiton • Lightning Contagion
[/i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Channeling chakra into his fingertip, Hayate will aim his index finger pointing up into the sky, unleashing an arc of lightning up into it. This arc of lightning will cause the atmosphere to quickly react and become super charged, releasing lightning down in a 75m radius from the technique's point of origin for 6 posts. This chakra effected lightning falls at a speed of 40, but only has 10 strength. Every posts four lightning bolts will fall towards the highest metal point in the effected area.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:36 am

Sou was floating. Inside the bubbling aura, yes, but also in his mindscape. The eternal abyss he had first seen so many weeks ago when he had first become a Jinchuuriki was surrounding him. The sounds and images of battle flickered in the darkness, giving him snapshots of what was happening. Of Hayate dodging a giant fist of red chakra, of lightning flickering around the cavern. Swirling below him were emotions, hatred and pride and something else he didn't recognize. All of them coming from the beast he was staring at. The only 'physical' thing within this mindscape, the Hell Genma pinned to a giant stone alter, Sou floating in front of it.

Except the Hell Genma was glowing bright red, the orb on its chest pulsating furiously, like an elevated heartbeat. Its chakra was flowing from the orb and into Sou, keeping him there, bound alongside it in this prison. And so he watched as pain flooded him from the grasp the beast had on him, not the battle anymore but the beast. The Raikage himself believed in him, was outside fighting his possessed body in an attempt to help him. For weeks Sou had been in a state of regret and denial, regret he had agreed to this in the first place and denial he was strong enough for the burden.

But this was who he was now. He may hate it, he may wish it had never happened, but he had to accept it. This creature, the Phantom Beast of Hell, was a part of him now. It was his body, not the Genma's, and he'd be damned if he gave that up.

So he watched, waiting. The beast was focused on the fight, using more and more of its power, Sou's body acting only as a conduit. Each time it had taken a blow he had seen the chakra linking them flicker. Eventually it would weaken and Sou would be ready to take his body back. He just had to be patient, and pray the Raikage didn't wind up dead or killing him by accident.
Meanwhile the Genma using Sou's body was raging, pumping more chakra into the aura it had created as the blasted human avoided his grasp once more. It hardened the aura once more, disregarding the kunai as a beast would a gnat, and created another set of arms. This time they were covered in long, sickle-like blades jutting off in every direction, extending its reach ever further. Just once it needed to touch that aura and this would be over.

And again more lightning prevented the beast from swatting this fly. It roared in anger and annoyance as lightning struck at it again and again, breaking the aura in multiple points around the kunai it had ignored. Bubbling red chakra rapidly filled the holes and the aura shape shifted once more. In addition to looking like a red chakra version of the beast, it now had two very large wings protruding from its back. They shifted, flapped once, and suddenly the aura and the teenager held within were sent rocketing forward, scythe-shrouded arms reaching out to destroy the Raikage once and for all.

[Word Count: 532/1500]
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Lightning roared throughout the room as it split off the kunai and pounded the transformed Sou. The sound of the lightning alone was enough to cause severe damage to the ears- and yet it was so magnificent. Smiling, Hayate dropped down into a crouching pose, his body held up by his bag leg and balanced delicately by the front leg. His fingers locked as he formed his hands into spears, placing them apart within the air. The genma's anger clouded it's judgement. And when your judgement was clouded in battle... you were playing in your opponents chess board, not your own.

As wings sprouted from the Genma, Hayate held his pose, silent and stalwart. There really wasn't much to say. Whether or not Sou understood his plan... only time would tell. There really wasn't much to see, either. For now, Hayate knew he just needed to stay alive and keep the genma playing as a piece on his game board. As the genma lurched forward, he clicked his tongue.

Tchk.

"Wrong move."

His hands suddenly spun round as he lurched forward, the massive bolts of lightning that had been falling to the various kunai's in the room suddenly suspending in the air. His hands moving more he lept forward and pulled his hands together, all the lightning suddenly flying from wherever it had been towards the epicenter of the perimeter he had earlier made with his kunai, before suddenly coming down and compressing like a net around the flying beast. Clicking his teeth he dropped his leg back then raised one hand, then the next, spinning them as if shaping an orb as the lightning that had surrounded the best suddenly flowed fast- so fast that visually, there were no gaps, just a spherical barrier of lightning around the beast.

This. This was Nakajima Hayate. The man you just don't underestimate.

His technique still going, more lightning fell from the sky- Hayate occasionally removing one hand from spinning in order to flick a bolt of lightning back to the prison he had just constructed- a prison which would be continually shocking and wearing down the genma as long as it remained.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:19 am

The thunderous cacophony of battle was naught but an echo to Sou. More and more the beast was expending chakra, keeping the shroud as solid as possibly, absorbing the wrath of the Raikage and his masterful manipulating of lightning without risk to his body. Sou wasn't sure whether the beast was actually trying to protect him or whether it was simply a reaction, but he was grateful for the protection his body was receiving nonetheless. The last thing he wanted to do after he woke up from this was to find out he had been charred to a crisp via lightning.

As more chakra was drawn into the shroud Sou watched. The flickering in the red orb was growing erratic. He figured his best chance to seize control back was through that. He was in less pain now, he felt like he could try. Letting out a slow breath, not that he actually needed to breath in this mindscape he had been trapped in, he reached for that feeling deep in his gut that he had linked with his chakra so many years ago. The blue energy was quick to surge to his call, surprising the teenager. Chakra control had never been something he had excelled at. Being in this place must have been helping.

The blue energy swirled through him, filling his every fibre, until it began to flow outwards from his stomach. The wisps of power spiralled lazily in the air for a moment until Sou began to pushed even more through. The red that had linked the two began to turn blue around him as his chakra worked to fight back against the beast's influence. Being attacked on two fronts, as it was. Between the continuous assault of Hayate against the physical and Sou finally getting his act together and attacking the beast's chakra directly, with a bit of luck and effort Sou would be back in control soon.

As if finally realizing its error, Konegu turned his attention to the boy and the red energy started to push back against the blue. "You will not deny me this. That… mortal dares mock me with mine own techniques!? He will be destroyed by the use of his own chakra against him and then I shall deal with you." The beast snarled and turned its attention back to maintaining the chakra aura to keep his body from taking any direct damage. "This form is so weak. Pathetic human bodies. If only I was free, I would show this man exactly what he faced."

"Never… going to… happen." Sou managed through grit teeth. He wasn't sure how but he was somehow sweating from the exertion of pushing against the beast's chakra. "You're stuck… with me now. And this is my… bloody body." His grimacing face turned into as cocky a smirk as he could manage at the moment. "It's time I took it back."
While this was going on in Sou's mindscape, his body was beginning to float back towards the ground, the aura protecting him growing ever smaller, the constant strikes of lightning breaking it apart. With each repair made to the outer shell of the aura it grew smaller. The first things to vanish where the wings, shattered by the lightning prison as soon as Hayate began to spin it. The next where the extra arms and scythe like appendages, shorn away by the storm. Eventually all that remained was Sou, feet firmly planted on the ground, the shroud no longer resembling Konegu's full form but merely his upper body. Soon enough even that would be shorn away from the onslaught.

Hopefully Hayate would release the prison before even that was destroyed and Sou was exposed directly to the lightning.

[Word Count: 1156/1500]
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Taiga » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:38 am

As the Kage spun wildly around the sphere of electricity, the cackling and roaring of the genma filling the air alongside the dust of the damaged chamber, he closed his eyes choosing to rely only on his sense of chakra. The lightning he had earlier summoned had finished falling, and as he pulled the last strands and shot it to the genma, the Genma roared as it's body melted beneath the might of the Kage's electricity. He was completely obliterating the beast and tearing away all the layers of built up power. As this continued, Hayate stepped back putting distance between him and the Jinch, before dropping his arms as the lightning cackled out of the air with nothing no longer containing it's energy or controlling it. When the dust settled, a damaged Sou would be left, his cloaks and forms nearly stripped from his body bare... It seemed the Genma had been struggling to keep its existence going, the window wide open.

"Now." The kage muttered. "Perhaps now, you see that you are no match, Phantom Beast." He said as his eyes opened once more, staring at Sou. He would leave the rest to the boy.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Sanjuro

[Graded]Taming the Beast

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:44 am

The Okigenma had used too much power too soon after the sealing in order to withstand the vicious assault of lightning. Sou didn't think the beast was anywhere near out of chakra but he had pushed as much as he could through the seal. All that was left was their minds, fighting for dominance, but Sou had one advantage now that the ancient power that coursed through him was almost languid. His chakra was as fresh and ready to go as it had ever been. The blue energy surged along the trail of red chakra linking man and beast until it reached the chains which had slackened. The rush of energy tightened the chains and slammed the beast back into the giant floating stone tablet.

"Do not think this is you succeeding, foolish human. One battle won with outside assistance will not win you this war."

Sou simply stared at the beast, gradually floating upwards until he was in line with the visor where its eyes would had been. Drifting forward, he raised a hand and placed it mere inches away from the Okigenma, a blue glow surrounding it. "Maybe not. But it's early days yet, beast. I'll put you to heel, one way or another. For now, though, I think I'll settle with taking back control of my body. And your power, while I'm at it." The chakra in his hadn surged forward, pushing into the Okigenma and breaking the connection that kept him tethered to the beast and forced to remain in the seal.
The first thing he noticed was that he had to breathe again. Inhaling deeply, Sou smelt the scent of burnt ozone and singed stone, remnants of the lightning. The next thing he felt was the power that was still coursing through him. It was far less painful now though. Lifting his hands, he noted the red tips and the soft crimson glow that surrounded him. He had never really had much of a chance to try out a full body aura while he was in control. Clenching his fists a few times, he reached down for the seal and drew out some of the Okigenma's chakra, causing the aura around him to swirl and repair as his own chakra mixed with the energy.

"Huh, I can see why it would want control.' Sou began, looking up at Hayate with a grin on his lips and blood-stained tears running down his face, maintain control of his second form now that the Okigenma had no strength to fight back with. "This power is almost intoxicating." He withdrew the shroud until it was nothing more than a red pulse of chakra that surrounded him rather than a full blown version of Konegu. His grin turned into a smaller, more respectful smile. "Thank you, Raikage-sama. For your help. And, you know, for stopping before you killed me."

A soft voiced echoed in the back of his mind before all fell silent. When I am free of this seal, you will bow to my control, as will that impudent Raikage, and all of humanity.

We'll see, beast. We'll see.

[Word Count: 1675/1500 - Form 2 Ascended]
Courtesy of SiaShow

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”