[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Hayate sat arched over his desk in contemplation, elbows upon it, head upon his hands. He had always dreamed of being the Raikage, but his short tenure thus far had shown him how grueling of a task it could be. To his sides, his "helping hands" worked diligently signing papers and sorting them into bins to the side of his desk... One set of hands however was not working and instead sat suspended in front of Hayate, a stack of papers in tow. These papers were the profiles of the potential candidates the council recommended for the job of Sky Guards Commissioner

It had been nearly two years after the destruction of the peak and their roost, and now that the war was coming to a definitive end, albeit a slow and dragged on one, Hayate's council had decided it was time to rebuild the force that policed and guarded Kumogakure officially. Politically, this would be a favourable move... Personally, he really did believe it was a necessary thing for the post-war order of Kumogakure... but there was a problem he had noticed as he flipped through the profiles of applicants. Soldiers. Soldiers who followed orders and didn't ever have a history of free and creative thought. Brilliant men who had no military training but were the children of important people- clearly wanted for political alignment. Each application seemed to have some glaring fault and prevented a decisive decision.

Finally giving up, his helping hands pulled one from the stack and laid it on the disk at random.

Kyoukan...

Not even making it to her first name due to the intrigue of her valuable assets he decided he'd give her a shot. In truth, he wanted to throw someone in the position who would avoid the political bullshit. From what he knew the Kyoukan generally flew beyond that and were just good people. Before long a hawk was dispatched to deliver the invitation for tea time to the Kyoukan.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:58 am

"Another great morning, don't you agree? Tch." Kureha spoke to one of her clan mates as she was walking along with them. Their conversation was light, talking about anything that came to mind as they were simply walking together. It didn't take long for her to have something come up as another of her clan came rushing over to her. The look on their face seemed to be one of shock, excitement and jealousy, all combined into one. "Kureha!" They'd shout out as they stopped right in front of her and they were panting somewhat, holding up the letter. "A...A-A letter! From the Raikage, heh!" Her fellow clan member would state, handing it to her.

At first, Kureha was stunned to see it. This was indeed the insignia of the Raikage stamped on the front of this letter. Quietly, she went to break the wax seal and open the letter, going to examine its content. Her eyes widened when she was reading through the letter. Clearing her throat and adjusting her hair some, she went to fold the letter back up and peer to her clan members. "If you'll excuse me..." She stated and before they could get a word in edgewise, she had went to walk back towards her room. If she was going to meet with the Raikage... she'd meet him as she would meet anyone else. Dressed in her favourite clothing.

It didn't take her long to get changed into her clothes. Adjusting herself several times till she felt comfortable, she began to make her way towards the Heart of Kumogakure. A place that she didn't get to visit that often, even if it was Kumogakure's only park. She'd swore she'd have to visit it more some time but that was the last thing she had to worry about. She was to meet the Raikage himself, to stand before him and... she didn't entirely remember if the letter said something about what she was meeting him for but whatever, it was. When she entered the building, she would walk up to the first person she figured would be the Raikage's secretary, seeing as they were behind a desk. "Kyoukan, Kureha. Reporting for a meeting with the Raikage as he requested. Tch." She stated as she went to place the letter down as proof of this, just in case it was needed. She smiled down at the secretary, a smile that was bright like the sun and warm like it as well.
Hitoke, Ibuku - Genin - Konohagakure No Sato - #00A5DB
Ogata Amiya - B Rank - Iwagakure No Sato - slategrey

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:00 pm

When Kureha arrived, she would find an older stouter woman at the front desk of the Raikage's office who to be frank was the kind of gal who didn't take anyone's shit, if she cared enough to even think about it. The name plate at the desk said Rozz but the tight leopard print and hoop earrings she wore said roooooozzzzz. For at least a few moments, she didn't respond or pay attention to Kureha, and when she finally aimed her gaze at Kureha, she would fire off a response in a very strong regional dialect.

"Oh yaa? Yaa heer fore the Raikage aren'cha? Wow, you must be reel speshul now arencha?

Her eyes rolling she pointed to the waiting area which was plenty backed up, taking the letter off the desk before tossing it into the trash without a single care to what she had just done. Just as her mouth opened to say something else, the door of the Raikage's office suddenly opened up, the Raikage emerging from behind the doors to great his guest. He was not wearing his hat and only wore the Raikage haori. His eyes had bags under them.

"It's alright Rozz, she's a rush." he said as his hand waved Kureha on into the office and he retreated back behind his desk, which had a multitude of busy hands filing papers and doing chores in his office in a magely manner.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Kureha seemed to peer around the office as she went inside of it, following right after the Raikage. She didn't pay any mind to the frankly rather rude woman who was his secretary. She wasn't going to let that bother her. Not on a day such as this. Walking up and standing right in front of his desk, she bowed her head in respect and smiled bright at him. Like she would anyone else. Except that this was the most important man amongst there village and she was standing right in front of him. "What did you want to see me about, Raikage-sama? Tch." She asked him, placing one of her arms under her chest. She used the hand of this arm to prop her elbow on it and use it to place a finger on her cheek, peering at the Raikage in a manner that showed her curiosity.

It seemed she was one to get right down to business. After all, the Raikage doesn't just call you in for tea. At least to her, if she was going to be called in by a man of such importance, she was going to be doing something of equal importance. She awaited his answers, standing in front of his desk. One that she could practically sit on without needing to prop herself up. Hell, she'd probably have to lean down even to do so.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:35 am

Not anything more than a few seconds after Kureha would cross the threshhold, Hayate would snap his finger as the large stainless steel doors to his office slammed shot, the rubber seal between them making a smoosh noise and the "silencing" fuuinjutsu on the door responsible for preventing eavesdropping fizzling as the two ends of the seal met once more and it became activated.

Following that rather than immediately stopping at his desk, he made his way to a cabinet, producing a bottle of mountain water sake and two small cups before returning to his desk and pouring the two. As he looked up, breaking his focus, he began to reply to Kureha, before his brain processed what he had just seen.

"I spose you want to get right to-"

She had been standing in a pose with her arm under her breasts, pushing them up, and her hand on her face... that proved to be quite seductive. He hadn't quite realized how beautiful she had been from the picture, or even from his first glance at her as she entered his office. His cheeks turning a little red, he forced that thought away, coughing.

"Ahem- it." Motioning with one hand for Kureha to sit, his other was waved in the air as the top of the sake bottle popped off as the sake flew out of the container and into the cups. Sake was mostly water, after all.

"You've been identified as a candidate for a new position. We're looking to re-establish the Skyguard as a military police force, of sorts. And we need a chief. TO put it simply, you had wonderful assets." he said as he took a sip of his of his sake, moments later realizing what he just said about wonderful assets and nearly spitting out his sake.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Without skipping a beat, Kureha sat down onto the chair, crossing one of her legs over the over and leaning forward just a little bit as she would reach forward to grab her small cup of sake. "I appreciate you taking an interest in my assets, Raikage-sama. Tch." She would simply let that imply all there was to imply. "I've read up on the Skyguard quite a few times. They were impressive in their heyday, but they have been long since diminished. Tch, Nearly gone, as I recall it. If I may assume, you wish to have me leading the Skyguards, correct? Tch." She decided to ask, her confidence clearly showing as, other than the way that she addressed the Raikage, she seemed to treat him like just another person.

She took a sip from her sake and raised one of her eyebrows as she just... stared at the Raikage. With a smooth, deliberate motion, she placed one of her hands down near her ankle, a way to keep her foot there. She'd lean back ever so slightly in her chair, letting the Raikage stare as he pleased if he chose to. With her free hand, she placed just her index finger on her temple and tilted her head just enough into it to give it a slight angle. "If that is the case Raikage-Sama, then I'd gladly accept it. Anything for my village. Tch." With that, she would smile the smile that got her the nickname that she was known for. One that showed warmth, grace and kindness.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Hayate's eyes nearly bulged out of his head as Kureha changed her pose. He was almost in a cold sweat from trying to keep his eyes on hers.

"They really were quite magnificent... though as you're probably aware their descent into failure began with the destruction of their roost during my fight with the spirit Raijin.". Hayate shifted his weight in his chair before reaching out to pull himself another round of nihonshu. "There isn't need for an assumption. As I said I want a chief and you seem to have quality in all the right places... I mean spots... I mean fields, quality in the right fields." Hayate coughed the classic ahem throat clear.

Following that he downed the second glass of nihonshu, then took a deep breath.

"The position isn't really yours to accept, though. While you may be my top choice, you haven't proven yourself to me nor do I know you to be trustworthy or the paragon I hope for.". Hayate said with a sigh as he corked the bottle of nihonshu then stood up, moving towards the windows and loosening the latches on it so that he could open it and let some fresh air in. "Whether Sky Guards or something else, this force needs a leader who will carry it from nothingness to greatness." Hayate paused, then turned back to Kureha.

"So what's so special about you besides your looks?"

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Kureha nodded her head as she quickly spoke up. "I'm certain you know of my clan and their abilities. Tch, I can assure you, I'm one of the privileged few to know all of their techniques... This includes one that is only limited to those of a higher status without the clan. Tch. You've my file on record, I presume, so that should tell you a lot, but I do understand that seeing is believing. Tch, If you desire, I can demonstrate. Tch." She stated as she went to sip from her sake, before placing it back down again. She stayed there, her leg crossed over still as she followed him with her eyes. "Raikage-Sama, you desire someone who is trustworthy and proven, then simply tell me what it is you desire to see? Tch, A woman of strength, perservernce and gentliness? That is who I am. Tch. Kumogakure knows of me and would tell you the same. Tch."

She was, of course, speaking about the citizens she'd interact with on a near daily basis. She knew, likely as much as Hayate, what she had done in her past. What had laid her low and then brought about her own resurgence. "I can assure you, I'm capable of leading them into greatness. I did it to myself after all." She simply stated, however, there was a small pause after she had spoken that... as if those words nearly turned to bile in her throat. It was even more clear that she had apparently done a great deal to suppress her own verbal tic which, earlier, had been a bit much since she was speaking somewhat quickly. Uttering those words seemed to hurt her. "I won't let Kumogakure down again." Her voice was resolute however as she would go to stand, once again, with no verbal tic coming forth, showing just how much she wanted this. "As stated before, if you use for a demonstration of my prowess, I will gladly do so. Tch."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Hayate nodded the woman went on, going off in a confident manner about his achievements. It rubbed him the wrong way, just a little. He didn't like overly confident types. She was right about something, though, he had read her record. Which was why he wondered why she felt the need to say all that time wasting dribble. A bit different from the mannerisms he had shown her so far, Hayate's next response was delivered with a callous attitude.

"Fantastic- that's precisely why you can stop talking about yourself, unless you have something to tell me that a piece of paper doesn't." He chuckled. "That's not how it works dear. If I tell you what I want, you're nothing but a cog in the machine who follows orders like everyone else. What I want is up to you to figure out, and you to show me." he said as he began to climb out the window. He didn't turn, not even for a moment to address Kureha. She had entered his doors as someone, but the moment she had taken her seat, she had been stripped of all she was in his eyes.

"Come along. There's a hidden spot for some high-level training. What we're about to do wouldn't be safe to do at the training grounds below."

She was a blank canvas. What happened next would paint who she was.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:29 am

Kureha raised an eyebrow and she just grinned. Maybe she had been over eager to prove herself. But the way that this man had flipped himself rather quickly... To her, he was playing hard to get and that just made this all the more enjoyable. Without hesitation, she'd stand up and go to follow after Hayate, to wherever this hidden spot was supposed to be. On the way, she'd have time to think to herself about what she might do. She knew for a fact that as of currently, she wasn't entirely useful if she were to be fighting someone alone. She can make it work but it is not easy.

After some time though, she'd speak up. "I feel I've missed an opportunity by not bringing along my weapon, but that will be for another time I suppose." She was practically right behind Hayate, so she didn't have to raise her voice too much, which made things far easier to speak to him. "Tell me though, you take all the woman you meet to this spot upon first meeting them?" She was attempting to make a joke, but mostly because she didn't want any tension in the air. She didn't feel tension was necessary.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Hayate completely ignored the woman's comments, continuing on their path to his intended location. It wasn't long before Hayate had led the pair to the remnants of an old training ground. It was in massive disrepair, most of the terrain destroyed and rubble all over. There was spraypainted boulders and litter, no doubt from the hooligans who probably perused the rarely visited area. Despite it's disarray it held a special place in the older generations of shinobi- those who proceeded the battle a top the mountains. It was here that those generations had forged themselves into men and women. Kicking aside a boulder out of the way of the field, Hayate suddenly responded... over five minutes later, to Kureha.

"There's no opportunity, you'd have no chance in impressing me." he said coldly. In fairness, the man rivaled genma in power. He then continued, responding to her joke. "My wife, when we were kids... She used to bring me food and watch me train. She was stronger than I was, in those days..." he said with a chuckle.

"So, where's the lunch you were supposed to prepare for me?"

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 am

At first, Kureha was taken aback by this. She hadn't expected an answer after it had taken this long, but that is fine. She would answer his question. "I'll be certain to bring one next time. Tch." She stated as she was standing within the grounds of this ruined training facility. She was peering about as she nodded. "This place hasn't seen any care in a long time. Tch. It might not need it though. Lots of history here, correct? Tch." She stated as she was walking about it quietly, kneeling down every so often to pick up small pieces of rubble and rock. "Your wife must have been a grand woman. Tch. However, we didn't come here to talk about your wife, as I'm sure that would be a one-sided conversation that I'd have no hope of assisting you with. Tch." She stated as she turned to face Hayate.

"I'm ready, Raikage-sama."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:02 pm

"It has seen quite a bit of history. Every kage up to me, and probably at least one after me will have trained here." Hayate paused, briefly, giving Kureha quite the stink eye. He couldn't believe the audacity of the woman to show up empty handed... Everyone knew it was a village tradition that all the big breasted maidens of Kumogakure fed Hayate as he lounged like an emperor... wait, that's not right... Shaking his head, though eerily keeping his gazed fixed on Kureha, who was now crouched low to the ground, fumbling about the rubble, he sighed as he remembered why he was here.

Right... Her papers were all I needed and I pretty much already chose her for the job, but I can't just choose someone like that... a kage has to be seen as having standards... so I took her here to make up some trials on the fly! Hehe, yeah, "trials." Many things changed, but an idiot was always an idiot.

Hayate procured a blade from inside his robes and carelessly tossed it to the ground, the blade sliding to her feet. "Take your life, Kureha. Take your life for the village and be born a new." He turned his back to her.

Shit, I wonder if she'll actually do it...

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Staring down at the blade for a few moments, she was contemplating what this was about but she shrugged. She was not one to disappoint her village. She knew she had a few ways around this. Hell, she could likely demonstrate them but that wasn't the point of this. At least to her. She reached down and quietly scooped the blade up into her hands, fumbling a bit with it to give it a once over before she went to flick the blade facing towards her. She peered back up towards him and noticed that he was facing away. 'No... you don't want to know what I can do. You know what I'm capable of... you are intelligent enough to realize if I were to summon a clone and stab myself while under the effects of my clan's technique.'

With a soft breath in and out, she stared down at the blade. "Kumogakure has sacrificed plenty for me, supplies and its people. If this is what Kumogakure desires from its mother, then I'll make it so." Without a single hesitation longer, she went to thrust forward with the blade. She was aiming right for her own throat. A death that might be swift if performed correctly... or may be painfully slow if not.

Since he had turned his back, she didn't know if he would see this... but she was willing to do what it takes to make up for the lose of her comrades.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Had he gone too far? In reality though he was completely bullshitting and making up the test, it did have a purpose. He wanted to see who Kureha really was. He wanted an unfiltered, real view into her thinking. Into what she was made of. Not formulated responses to get the job she was interviewing for.

But surely... she wouldn't... actually do it, right?

An eerie silence set upon the scene. His back still turned, he closed his eyes. Behind him stood a woman of amazonian stature, who knelt bearing a blade in her hand. She was a woman of conviction- of that he had no doubt... But she couldn't possibly be foolish enough to throw her life aw- whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz Hayate's eyes nearly bulged out of his head as he turned on his heel, the sound of the air from the moving blade crying out to him. As he spun his hand flung up, causing water to blast forth from him and smash right into the woman, knocking her over and stopping the trajectory of her blade- from her neck, at least. They'd have to assess the damage later- well, if he had successfully stopped her from instant death.

"That was a joke- kami I didn't think you'd actually do it." he said, with a heavy sigh. "Well, actually it was a test, and you failed." He began walking towards the slumped over, soaking wet woman. "16th one this week." He said, in a "I really thought she was different" sorta tone.

[/b]
USEDShow
Lightning’s Shadow • Watchful Eye
A-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 30 Tai, 35 Instinct
Possessing immense instinct and perception, Hayate is cognizant of even the most subtle details around him, to a point where he can even pick up on the slightest tension changes in an opponent’s body allowing him predict their movement before it is complete or even read what someone is writing by the way the top of their pencil moves. At times his eyes seem to move on their own will, rapidly tracking an amount of movements equal to his [Instinct]/3. A downfall to this technique however is that while his eyes may be aware of movement, his body is not always capable of knowing and keeping up.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:34 am

The blade that was in her hands went spiraling to the side, clattering across the floor with a rush of water following soon after. Kureha was sent to the ground and was now soaked from head to toe, but she was otherwise fine. She was quite surprised by this. She had had a plan that she had thought of last second while the blade was mere centimeters from her throat but it seemed that that would have to be explain rather quickly. "I can assure you that I would have been fine. Tch." She stated as she went to rise to her feet and go to turn to face Hayate.

"Being stabbed in the throat isn't instant death. I'd have had enough time to heal myself before anything would happen. Tch. It would have been very painful, for certain, but the point was to give the illusion of death. I'm not someone who needlessly kills themselves for the village. Tch. That doesn't mean that seeing people injured or dying can't rally others, or have an opposite effect. Tch. Raikage, trust me in what I say here, even you are likely to not. I will not abandon Kumogakure. I will do what it takes, even if it means having to fake my own death, to get the upper hand on whoever threatens my children. Tch." She was brushing herself off, the water that had soaked her having gotten down through all of her nice clothing, which she was glad that most of it was darker colors.

She referred to Kumogakure citizens as her children though, which most people would find a bit odd but to her, it had been what she had come to call them. She had been doing her best to atone for what she had done, which even if it weren't that bad, to her... You don't abandon those that need you, and she had done that for a time. "If I've failed though, then I suppose I can't change that. It was a pleasure to even be thought of as a candidate. Tch." She stated as she was willing to take the failure. She quietly bowed to him before she would go to turn and exit, figuring it was already over.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by Taiga » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:46 pm

"Would you have, though? I don't know about you, but I've been injured in some pretty deadly ways and getting off jutsu is kind of hard." Hayate said, disbelieving her. She seemed to have quite the attitude and the desire to show off a little more than Hayate liked. He was wondering how to play it- and was about to say that she had in fact failed because she had chosen a ploy to use deception, and had she actually gone through with killing herself, he would have revived her and reinstated his loyal follower.... But then he decided that was some bullshit ploy to be contrarian to her and make her feel pressure.

He was about to chastise her more, until... until she mentioned that she didn't believe in needlessly killing herself for the village... and continued on to speak about how she would not abandon the village... This, caused his eyes to spark. Maybe there was also a physical spark of electricity. Happened when he was excited. Her answer and actions weren't perfect, but she was the first candidate to edge towards a very crucial idea: you can't save or protect a village if you're dead. Too many people were willing to throw their life away- not realizing that was a final option reserved only for the direst of times, and only when there was someone to take up the reigns immediately in your stead.

As she turned to exit, walking off, he sped after her, leaping in front of her and extending his hand.

"Commissioner." he said simply, a smile on his face.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

[Graded]Backroom Affairs

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:49 am

Before Kureha could answer his question, she blinked once and suddenly, he was in front of her. "Commissioner?" She parroted, but in a sense that she was trying to wrap her head around what he had just said. It was a very quick realization as a smile crossed her face as she quietly went to reach for his hand. However, instead of shaking like most might, she did something just a little different. With her index and middle finger, she placed them right against the inside of Hayate's wrist, her fingers essentially resting on the spot where his pulse would be.

"Thank you, Raikage-sama, for this honour. Tch." She was being simple with her response for him before she drew her hand away and went to leave. However, she stopped herself as she went to move back over to where Hayate had essentially blasted the blade to and retrieved it, keeping it in her hand for the time being. "Don't want children getting a hold of this... Could be bad for them. Tch." She stated out loud, but it was mostly to herself as she was used to speaking to herself out loud. With that, she left without a worry. Confidence was swelling in her breast. That might also be butterflies... Or electricity. It was hard to tell. Whatever it was though, she was excited that she had been chosen. She could finally do some grand good for Kumogakure. She could revive the Sky Guards.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”