Family Dinner

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

It was winter, and despite Kumogakure being located in the temperate region of Lightning Country, it was cold. Opting to wear civilian clothing, Hayate made his way towards the familiar building he had once called home. With his trip away and his ascension to Kage this home had been passed to his daughters and he saw no reason to reverse that. After all, after all the things he had taken from them... all the things he had tarnished... He wanted there to be one last place in which Hotaru and Eiko would always be able to feel nothing but safety and happiness. Finally reaching the door way he cleared his throat before knocking upon it with his left hand, his right clutched onto the still-warm but quickly cooling container of food.

A stranger in my own house.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:17 pm

Eiko had never particularly liked winter very much. She was incredibly bad at dealing with the cold, her preference towards skirts not really making it any easier. As such, she had opted not to go out and had spent the day inside curled up on the couch in a blanket, book in hand and a cup of tea resting on the table. This was how she had been spending most of her time as of late but she had no complaints, this was much better than laying in the hospital after all. Despite Hayate not being there, the one place that she felt most at ease was her own home and nothing would change that.

Speaking of Hayate, she hadn't seen him at all since he had gotten back. Really she was still somewhat shocked and hadn't fully processed that he had returned at all, much less returned as the Raikage. She knew that she should have been happy and in a way she was, but part of her was incredibly angry and upset that he hadn't at least tried to come visit her once in a while.

She couldn't help but let out a quiet sigh at the thought. Oh well, maybe he just hadn't found the time to get away. Part of her desperately hoped that that truly was the case. If nothing else, she just wanted one get together as father and daughter.

Anyways, lost in thought as she was, she barely noticed as there was a knock on the door. She peeked out from underneath the covers, tilted in curiosity as she got up and headed towards the door wondering who it could possibly be. She hadn't been expecting any guests, nor had she made any plans. It could have been anyone, but she wasn't expecting the man standing on the other side. "D..d.. Dad?" she could hardly believe what she was seeing, yet there he was in the flesh. She had hoped this would happen one day but now that he was standing there she wasn't sure how to react or even what to say. It was just so unexpected.

What in the world was someone actually supposed to do in a situation like this?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:48 pm

For the fastest man in the world, most things seemed like an eternity but the time between his knock and Eiko answering the door seemed like an two eternities. Holding still, the heat from the containers of food under his arm quickly fading away, he stared at the door. He knew Eiko was hesitating for a moment, and now behind the door... his sensory told him that much. When the door finally opened though he was ecstatic, but his voice didn't work despite him commanding it too. Finally deciding someone had to break the awkward silence that had befallen them, Hayate gulped, then spoke.

"I made Kushina's curry... I remember you liked it." he said raising up the container. "I know Hotaru is out on a mission, but I uh... thought maybe I could have dinner with one of my daughters." he said, ashamedly hanging his head.

Despite the two having met briefly in frost country, it was almost like they had avoided each other since his return to Kumogakure. In fairness, there was likely a great deal of uncertainty and mixed feelings... after all, it wouldn't be easy to go on living thinking your father, the once hero of the village, betrayed the country and became a missing ninja... only to have him come back and become the leader of the village.

"May I uh, come in?"

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Unsure of what else to do, Eiko simply blinked at first, staring towards the man as she attempted to comprehend the situation at hand. Hayate was really here to spend time with her? It felt like something out of her wildest dreams, yet here it was, very much real. "Of course. I would love nothing more." her look of confusion making way for a small smile as she stepped aside to allow him in. In all honesty she was really happy but at this point she was doing her best not to cry, for a number of different reasons. Part of her simply wanted to accept things as they were but another part wanted to shout and hit him and scream about how she hated him for not coming to see her and making her feel so horribly.

Yet, as complicated as her feelings towards the man and what he had done really were, the part of her that was simply happy about this occurence won out for the time being. For now, all that mattered was that he was really there. With that said though she wished that there was something she could do to get rid of the awkward silence that had fallen between them. She unfortunately still wasn't at all sure what to really say to him though. Well, there was one thing that came to mind, something that she had been waiting for so very long to say.

"Welcome home, dad."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:58 pm

As the silence ended, and his daughter guided him into his... errm, her home, Hayate formed a small and content grin. He knew that as symbolic of a move bringing his daughter's favourite curry was... it still wouldn't be enough to mend things... but it was a start. He had made some mistakes, even if he had already tried to mend them, and notable he understood it would be hard to get back to how things were. As he passed the threshold, once more there was a slight silence. Motioning to the kitchen and then the curry, he broke the silence once more.

"I'll uh, serve this up, if you wanna just have a seat honey." he said almost nervously.

He began to lead towards the room since he knew she wouldn't say no. He hoped she'd follow and maybe assist. It was always easier to talk if you were doing something with your hands as you talked.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 am

At first Eiko simply stared after Hayate, her head tilted to the side as she watched him walk inside and towards tthe kitchen. "Oh dad, let me help. I would feel bad making you do all the work by yourself." she spoke after a moment, turning to follow him into the home and towards the kitchen. Sure the situation was awkward and a small part of her wanted to tell him to leave and never come back but he seemed to at least be trying to make up for his mistakes, and she wanted to give him that chance to make things right, even if it ended up taking a while.

More importantly, at the moment she wanted to get rid of this awkward tension, and maybe it would help to keep themselves occupied while they talked. She had so many things that she wanted to say and talk about, but she wasn't entirely sure how to go about bringing up any of those things. So much had happened, where was she even supposed to start? Maybe she should ask him about himself before talking about what had been happening with her?

"So um, have you been busy?" she asked. She was trying to avoid directly asking why he hadn't even come to see her in the time that he had been back, but part of her still wanted to know if he had been avoiding her or if work had actually kept him away.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 am

Hayate instinctively opened the cupboard where the pots were and placed it onto the stove, as if he had never left the house. He began to transfer the contents of his container, into the put, filling it up with a golden-brown curry filled with potatoes, vegetables, and all the best things. Setting the container in the sink, he nodded to his daughter, showing that she could help. "Want to get some rice ready, honey?" he said in a kind voice, not the one he had been forced to use as the Raikage as of late.

There was a horribly awkward tension in the room, and well, he intended to break it. Surprisingly however, Eiko broke it first, chiming in. Clearing his throat he responded, calmly.

"A lot. As you know... a lot of weight has been put on my shoulders, and very soon, the war will be coming to a permanent end, so things will get busier as I help rebuild the country." he said with a slight pause as he looked about for a laddle to stir the curry with. "And well, it had me thinking of how things used to be... of course it'll never be like that, again. You and Hotaru are all grown up, we all have jobs and duties, we're all working adults." he said with a sigh.

"But, I also know that for better or worse I'm your girls guardian. And well, as your guardian, I never really passed you guys down any of my techniques, as a guardian and mentor... err, father should." he paused.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 pm

At first, Eiko couldn't do much but nod as she began prepping the rice, chewing on her lip as she listened to Hayate speak. Honestly she was a little disappointed with what she was hearing, but it made her a little happy to know that he at least was thinking about her and Hotaru even amongst all of the other things that had been placed onto his shoulders. That he recognised his own failures as a father

"Ya know dad.. I wanted to be mad at you for leaving me behind like that and not coming to see me at all.. but you're just not fair. More than anything I'm just glad that you're home safely, and that you're here now." she spoke from the bottom of her heart, her lips turning up into a small smile as she finished up with her own prep work and turned towards him. Little by little she could feel her own spirits lifting and the tension beginning to ease up but to say that it was gone entirely just yet would be a lie.

"I've been really busy myself while you've been gone. I'm not sure if you're aware or not but I've been promoted to Special Jounin. I've also begun stepping up my training so that I could one day maybe be as strong as you are." she spoke, putting some more tea on as she did. It was getting much easier to relax and chat without having a nervous breakdown. Yet despite her mood improving and her cheeriness even showing itself in her her speech, there was a certain thought pushing its way into her mind. The topic of the time she had spent in the hospital, her illness and blindness couldn't be avoided.. she knew that, but how was she to bring it up? The same ailments had afflicted her mother and she wasn't certain how Hayate would react if he knew of her ill-gotten inheritance. Maybe she should just hide it after all?

She wasn't sure what to do.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:40 am

Hayate nodded, as he finished doing his share of preparation. He turned the heat to simmer, so that the curry would stay warm as they waited for the rice, which would take some time yet to complete before they could begin eating. In fairness, he had planned it that way. Curry rice was a symbolic food... symbolic of the bonds one built in life due to it's nostalgia of "school days". Many a friendship had been forged, and many repaired, while waiting for the curry rice of the academy's cafeteria to be served.

As soon as Eiko finished, he'd wave her over to the table.

"Well... it's no excuse but please understand that... it's not just you and Hotaru I have to protect now. There's an entire village, and entire country depending on me. But, don't feel hurt by that. Feel happy..." he smiled, even with his eyes, and raised his hands up to his jaw level in a jazz-hand type motion. "Our family just got a little bigger is all... You have all the brothers and sisters you could ever want." Dropping his smile, and his hands back to the table, he looked at Eiko.

"You've certainly grown... everyone has. While we are certainly not one in the same... you do use Suiton now, I see... maybe I can pass on some of my techniques...." he chuckled. "Though people know me for my lightning, in honesty, my Suiton abilities have always been superior. The lightning was just filling the role of Raikage." he said with another chuckle.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 pm

It didn't take long for Eiko to finish her preparations and join Hayate at the table, silently looking towards him as he spoke, taking in his features for the first time since he had arrived, noting that he didn't seem too different on the surface, but something was definitely different deep down. She just wondered what it could be.. There wasn't much time to ponder over that however as Hayate finished speaking and her mind seemed to almost instantly change gears, looking down at the table and letting out a quiet sigh. "I know that. I really do, but I... sometimes, I just.." she paused, hesitating a moment as she wondered if she should really speak her mind.. Well.. there was no use in holding it back at least."I'm really happy about that, but sometimes.. I just want to be treated like I'm special, like I'm different from the rest. I don't care if it's just talking like this or even training. I just want to actually spend time with my father." she said with her tone seeming to get quieter and quieter as she continued on, looking back up as she finished, more than a little afraid of what his reaction may be. Was he mad at her? He was definitely going to be mad at her for being selfish wasn't he?

"I'm sorry.. That's been building up for a while now and it just exploded I guess.."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Hayate's eyes closed for a second and he let out a deep breath. He'd completely trampled over any ability for his daughter to feel, and instead of letting her feel the pain or dismay she should, he had tried to offer a cop out and shift the conversation to the duty he now had to do. He realized this was wrong. He realized how much courage it must have taken for Eiko to let all those feelings bubble over- how tough it must of been for her after all to have endured a war and losing her father. His eyes flickered open, a new resolve... a new spark within them, and like that he had moved over to Eiko and embraced her in a hug. He squeezed tight- not like ninja tight of course. "I'm sorry Eiko." He patted her gentle on the head.

"I made a promise to be there for you- something your parents had done for me... and I haven't. And it's not wrong to want to be special." He was still embracing her. "I've missed a few years out of your life, years where a parent was most needed..." His eyes were watering slightly, and his throat began to feel itchy... but he held it all back.

"You're the daughter of two of the greatest Academy teachers ever. And you're also the daughter of the Raikage." he paused... "I want to pass whatever I can to you, Eiko. You may not be able to inherit my gifts or abilities, but I want you to inherit the lessons I've learned. I don't want you to make my mistakes, or be dragged through the mud or experience the horrors I have... I think you're very special. You're someone who can be a leader for the next generation- protect them where I failed." His hand trembled as he patted her head once more then released her from his embrace.

The same hand that was now patting his daughters head had killed thousands in war... and that was something that would never leave him.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:30 am

She wasn't sure why.. it could have been instinctive or it could have just finally became too much to bear.. but it finally happened, the dam finally broke and Eiko began bawling as Hayate wrapped his arms around her and she felt his warm embrace. For so long now even during her greatest moments of weakness she had been trying to be strong, refusing to let herself cry, when it got tough she would just find whatever distraction she could get her hands on... but now she couldn't hold herself back any longer, no matter how hard she tried. She was able to slightly calm down as he spoke to her but still she kept crying, though still holding onto his every word, knowing full well that he meant every bit of it, even if some of it was a tad bit embarrassing. "You're an idiot, dad. I can't even be mad at you if you talk like that. she mumbled into his chest between sobs. His words made her honestly happy and she finally stopped crying as he pulled away from her, well mostly aside from an occasional sniffle and her eyes still slightly watering as if she could start again at any moment.

Taking a deep breath, she straightened up in her seat and took a moment to wipe away any remaining tears and farther calm down, a very small smile finally crossing her face as she did. "It's honestly a little overwhelming, having such a legacy to live up to, but I want to do everything that I can to learn those who came before and make you and my birth parents proud, and maybe even surpass expectations. Finally she was speaking honestly, every word now feeling like it came straight from the bottom of her heart.

"We can talk about all that stuff later though, we have plenty of time for that. In the meantime I have a lot that I need to tell you, and I want to hear all about what you've been doing." She was very clearly feeling a lot better, sheer joy beginning to seep into her tone and mannerisms as she moved past initial sorrow and into the excitement of finally spending time with a father that she now knew without a doubt cared about her a very great deal. Sure she still had a few depressing things on her mind but she could hold those back for just a bit.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Hayate smiled calmly as she buried her chest into his head. He continued to pat and console her. He had given her the house to give her freedom, to not lock her into his life in the Raikage's tower. To let her be one with the community she had been part of, but he had begun to wonder if it was the opposite effect. Perhaps it had instead built a wall- took his adopted daughter out of his life and made it that much harder for her to be around him. After she pulled away and wiped her face off, he decided he'd bring up a question- the question he had wondered about. Before he could do so, she broke the silence, so he put it away for a bit.

"You don't have to beat me or them- though. And surpassing our legacies doesn't mean being stronger or faster or better. It means doing something great for your generation." He nodded his head. In honesty, he didn't believe that anyone would surpass his strength. Not because he was egotistical, but he did not think the power he had was something achievable by anything other than luck. He had worked hard, but if his body hadn't been born the way it was he'd of been completely different. He agreed though they would table the discussion on abilities and legacieis and being strong.

With that, he decided he wanted to ask his question.

"Yes, let's talk about that, but I wanted to ask you. Would you prefer to live with me in the tower Eiko, or do you prefer it here?" he paused to make eye-contact. "I never meant to not include you at the tower- I thought you'd like freedom and privacy was all. It's why I gave you the house so you could be here... but maybe..." He paused. He feared his good intentions had alienated her more, and given her more isolation.

"Anyhow tell me everything!"

Kabu

Re: Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm

It seemed that all she had needed was a good cry as while she did still have a few negative feelings bottled up, finally Eiko was able to genuinely smile, sheer joy at her father's return seeping into her every action. That said, she silently took her seat, realizing that there was still just a bit of serious conversation to be had when Hayate posed his question. It had been an unexpected one, at least at first, but it didn't take long to realize that perhaps it was only natural. Nonetheless she knew what her response would be. "Dad.. I appreciate it, really, but I want to stay here. I've learned recently that I need to be more independent, and that starts by living on my own. Besides, a woman needs her solitude at times." she said, her peaceful smile suddenly being replaced by a mischievous smirk. "But that doesn't mean that you should keep ignoring me. We need to spend more time together, even if I have to drag you out of that tower myself." she teasingly said.

"But really.." she continued, a gentle smile forming once more. "In the time that you've been gone I've grown up a lot. I'm now a Special Jounin and in the process, learned more about what being a shinobi is really like. And I've even made improvements to my social life. I've been making efforts to overcome my own problems.. made a bunch of new friends, and I even started dating. I've learned to take care of myself. All I want is for you to be an active part of my life, even if we're not actually living together."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am

When Hayate saw the smile cross Eiko's face, he could not help but feel a huge bit of relief. He had been certain his daughters had come to hate him and would want him dead... but here he was an Eiko was able to forgive him, or at least overlook it. As they sat, and she rejected his offer, he nodded. He was more than happy to let his daughter live on her own. "Well, if you want to go get street food ever for lunch I can make time. The street food in the park is amazing- food carts from all over." He laughed, patting his body. As remarkably fit as he was, there was a slight tummy forming. He was starting to look his age.

"Oh, you grew a lot huh? Stronger?" he smiled. It was true, his daughter had seemingly grown a lot. Not that he was abusing his kage powers to snoop or anything... but she had made friends, become a Sp. Jounin. Found her own spark and her own way to honor the village and way of shinobi. It made him happy that even in his absence she blo- what?

If he had been drinking, it would have been a spit take.

"Dating?"

Absolutely zero of that intel he definitely didn't request or read had nothing about his daughter dating.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Eiko giggled at Hayate's reaction to the revelation that she had dated at one point. She hadn't thought it would be so shocking1[= but nonetheless Hayate's reaction was fairly amusing. "Yeah, a few times. Turns out that I have an interest in both boys and girls." she said with a smile. It was really too bad that none of her romance endeavors had particularly worked out in the long term but they had come to peaceful resolutions and there were still going to be plenty more chances.

That all could come later however, in the meanwhile there was something kind of important that had been weighing on her mind. It wasn't a particularly heavy matter, but it had been lurking in the back of her mind since Hayate had arrived "Hey dad, I've been wondering if maybe there's some way I can help you with your work, something just for me to do. I want to be able to prove firsthand that I've become more mature and capable in my own way." she said, looking her father straight in the eyes, her gaze for the first time this day unclouded and free of tears. Really she knew it was a bit of a selfish request, to ask for her own unique tasks, but she was entirely serious about it and she also knew that if she didn't ask now, then she may never do it.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:04 am

As if dating was not enough- without any shame or anything his daughter came right out and announced... well came out of the closet. Hayate was shocked to hear it all... but not because of her leanings but shocked to know so much had changed in the time he had been gone from the village... his voice faltered a little as he let out a cracking noise.

"I uh- I'm proud." he said, reaching out and putting his hand on his daughters shoulder. "It takes a lot to open your heart to someone else... More than anything courage. And uh, boy or girl, doesn't matter. Anyhow uh, I am proud of the woman you have become." He awkwardly tried to express that he had no hard feelings for what he had just been told... Slowly however, the awkwardness shook free and he began to become happier. His daughter had been so nonchalant about it- truly a courageous soul worthy of being the Raikage's daughter.

"Well Eiko, I would be more than happpy. You've become a fine young Jounin and there is perhaps no one I trust as much as you." He paused.

He did have one thing he needed someone to do, but perhaps asking it of Eiko was too much.

"Have you ever thought... about traveling some?"

They had only just reunited...

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Eiko simply smiled at her father's attempts to respond to her nonchalant announcement. He was surely shocked, though over which part she couldn't even begin to guess. Frankly she hadn't thought that it would be such a shock initially but nonetheless could tell that despite such, he was trying his best to express his feelings, or lack of, towards the matter.

She had to say though that while she had been very slightly amused at first, it was starting to be just a bit discomforting watching Hayate stumble over his words while such an awkward air hung over them as a result. To say the least, it was a relief as the tense atmosphere vanished and her father began to visibly relax, the girl silently responding by reaching up and holding onto the hand that currently gripped her shoulder.

Once she was certain that Hayate had fully relaxed she released her grip on his hand and at that point was met by a very surprising question. ...Was he actually serious? Did this mean what she thought it might? There was no way right?

"Well, I would be lying if I said the thought had never crossed my mind." she responded, pausing for a brief moment before speaking up once more. "I guess it just never felt like a proper thing to do without a good reason. But.. does this mean...?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:02 pm

The Raikage was unsure how to read his daughter's reaction. Was she upset? Was she troubled? Just what exactly was it that his question had illicit? In all of his years, even with Kushina, he had learned one thing. Speaking your mind regardless of what you thought was important for communication. To say nothing, out of fear of the response, was worse than to say something. He sighed, breathing in deeply before letting out his response.

"I realize you have grown into a fine shinobi, and one who also has a great desire to help. As you know this country has changed a lot. Part of this change includes growing our family- Kumogakure's family. It's the entire country now." he paused. "We will open a new academy in the north and the children will need a teacher, at least for a little while." he paused "and then there is many more places to go and many more wrongs to right."

"I realize you've taken care of some children here in Kumogakure- orphans. And I could not think of anyone more fit to help those in need than you." Hayate paused.

Kabu

Family Dinner

Post by Kabu » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:38 am

Eiko silently listened to Hayate's explanations, simply nodding every now and again.. at first, though she couldn't help but crack a smile at the mention of the orphan she had been taking care of. She was both happy and embarrassed that he seemed to be so greatly praising her, though her thoughts also turned towards the orphan in question, whom was currently asleep in the other room. "Dad, it's a strange feeling. Despite my want to be a teacher, to help others... I never paid much mind to the orphans, to those most in need, but when I saw that little girl alone and in so much pain something in me changed, or maybe awoke is the proper word, I don't know. I just remembered how I once was and knew that I needed to do everything I could to help." she said, pausing a moment to gather her thoughts and assess Hayate's reactions before responding to his requests, though she knew her answer..

"Dad... You don't know how much it means to me that you would trust me on this. I would love to take you up on your request, I want to do whatever's within my power to help." she began once more, pausing for the briefest of moments. "I love this nation and even more than that, I love our people, my... our... family." she stuttered towards the end, beginning to choke up and having to blink away tears at the realization of the words she had spoken. Hayate had referred to the country as their family before and only now as she spoke it herself did she realize the real gravity of those words, thoughts of everyone she had met and everything she had done flashing through her mind. In just a few short years she had gone from being truly alone to having a family in all senses of the word, and she was going to be able to do her part in helping her new family to grow and flourish.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Family Dinner

Post by Taiga » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 am

The Raikage- no, Hayate, was so proud of the woman his adopted daughter had become. She had gone from a shy girl with little to no confidence to someone who could stand on her own two feet and help others. Someone who served a greater purpose. He also could not help but appreciate the bonds and harmony that Kumogakure had always culturally sought to cultivate in it's children. Hayate had become the man he was, despite his tragedies, because of the guidance of Eiko's parents in his academy days. Part of him felt joyful that even in their death, he could help pass on their lessons to their daughter.

"I think it's in your spirit Eiko. You are truly their child, and I am happy that I was able to pass there lessons on to you." he said as he hugged Eiko. The rice cooker would beep and play it's melody, alerting him that it was time to eat. "Anyhow, enough of that. Let's enjoy dinner again, as a family you know." he said as he went to prepare the rice and curry.

He was happy that even in his own failings, his daughter never let her spirit break and was committed to helping others. Perhaps she had always looked up to him as a role model, but in truth, he had always looked up to her.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”