Magic? Do Tell.

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by FluffyGinja » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 pm

The first thing that Kureha had to look into when she had been given the go ahead by the Raikage to rebuild the Skyguard were recruits. Unfortunately, when she had spoken about it... there was really only one option. Kureha had with her a folder, filled with papers and she was examining over them. Ryakketsu, Senji. A boy of surprising personality. He seemed to think that his chakra was something he deemed as magic... and he seemed to be more than meets the eye from what else was written here. While walking along, Kureha was reading more on his skill set. He seemed well versed in several styles of Ninjutsu. This made her hopeful that she might be able to see some skills that matched her own, but she knew that she'd desperately need someone of another set of skills eventually.

'Double the normal Tenketsu points? Golden Chakra... Seems his mother was one of the previous Jinchuuriki... Interesting... What if... Hmm, I'll just ask, he'll likely begin to explain himself if I am trying to recruit him.'

Closing the document, she had finally arrived at the home where Senji would be. She had read within the document that he still lived with his family, which would make things far easier. Fixing her outfit some, she cleared her throat as she seemed to be readying herself with speaking with whoever answered the door. With a firm, but not brutally hard knock, she awaited whoever would answer the door. Whoever would do so, she would bow her head down and introduce herself. "It is a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kyoukan, Kureha, tch. I'm here to speak with your son, Senji, tch. If it is not too much trouble, I am looking to recruit him to the Skyguards. He would be a valuable member amongst us and a simple talk should be all that suffices at current. Tch."

Her voice was gentle, motherly and showing of a great deal of kindness. It would be very clear from her massive, voluptuous stature, hair colour and odd verbal tic that she was not lying in her lineage. The document under her arm was another clear indicator of her intentions.
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Nafan~

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 am

"Of course, come in." replied Ryakketsu, Chiyoko, Senji's mother and chuunin. She opened the door wider and strode into the house, politely showing the Jounin the way. "As much as I would love to discuss it with you, since he started his own career in the corp we've allowed him to run his own business. I hope you understand. Right this way." she finished as she guided Kureha through the tidy, warm home.

They reached a small sitting room with a round, simple yet beautifully polished wooden tea table which came up to around knee height. The Chiyoko then gestured for Kureha to sit on one of the blue satin cushions saying, "I shall fetch Senji and some tea and return shortly. Please, sit and make yourself comfortable."

It was only a small time later before Senji came into the room in a wonderful white and gold jacket, his mother flanking him with a tray of tea. The woman kindly set the pot and two cups out while Senji sat opposite the Jounin. "Hello, I'm Senji. he said with a polite smile, nodding in a proper bow of respect as he knelt. "What can I do for you today, senpai."

The magician swept his white fringe from his face before reaching for one of the tea cups. His mother had poured the tea and left the room, leaving the scent of lovely jasmine in the air. The tea was a wonderful blended melody of flavours that had his smile reach beyond polite into fondness as it played across his tongue. The young man then put the cup back down, calmly ready to reply.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

FluffyGinja

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:55 am

Kureha looked throughout the home and when she was brought to the table, she politely sat down and began to go over the file a little more. "Hmmm..." She murmured to herself as she was just making sure that she was going over all of this and understanding Senji as well as she could. When she heard them returning, she set the papers on the table and she watched him enter with his mother flanking him... and it struck Kureha as mildly odd to see her act in such a manner with her own son... but she took a deep breath, adjusted her clothes a small bit and smiled.

Kureha reached for the cup, keeping it in her hands for some time as she let the air envelope her before she sipped from it and set it right back down. "Senji... I'll be very quick and cut to the chase. I'm Kyoukan, Kureha, tch. Skyguard Commissioner. Tch, I've come here to recruit you, plain and simple. Not many people seem very eager to be Skyguards after the incident that happened before, tch. However, I feel like you are also one of the only candidates that are even in the right position to assist me. Tch, I've read the file... but I want you to tell me... What are your skills? What do you feel you lack in? How do you feel you do with others, tch? Do people generally trust you?" She paused here, waiting for him to answer them as she went to take another sip from the tea. It was pretty obvious that she didn't deny her heritage... as it was shown in her occasional verbal tics.

It was surprisingly good tea... and she'd have to remember to ask about where it was procured from to get more of it.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Nafan~

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:47 am

Senji concealed the slight rise of his eyebrows by taking a larger sip of tea. He was being scouted by the new commissioner of the Skyguards, a group that had once been hailed as legendary defenders of the Village Hidden in the Clouds. However, equally as notable was the tale of their end. The majority of them perished with the collapse of the mountain in the invasion all those years ago, the rest either lacked the fitness or heart to revive them. A recreation of such an old and established order with an inclusion of Ryakketsu Senji at its core seemed fantastic.

Rather than beam excitedly, however, the young man decided to hold to his calm. His face remained still as he lowered his cup once more, placing it gently on the saucer laid before him. "Well, Kyoukan-senpai, I believe myself something of an adept in the ways of what you would call Ninjutsu. I'm capable of a diverse range of feats within the field and am a somewhat decent fuuinjutsu engineer. I usually operate in a strategic role within a team, guiding and coordinating actions to create a positive end." the magician said thoughtfully, stroking the handle of his teacup with his thumb. Here came the difficult answers to her questions, it seemed."As far as others go, I seem to get on well enough with people. I have a student, a genin Arashiyama, and no enemies that I can name. I do not think I have done much to incite suspicion in others, other than one time that I was not quite myself. That, however, is now under control." he finished coldly, his voice becoming emotionless steel at the end.

Something had been puzzling Senji as he had spoken. The Skyguards had gone years, during wartime, as a defunct company. Who would be attempting to bring them back now that it was done with, and for what purpose? The boy knew of the existence of the underworld in the city, if little else regarding them, and had doubt that they had a hand in this. They wouldn't need the return of the Skyguard, they stood to gain nothing. Then who was it? "Kyoukan-senpai, if you will excuse me for interrupting your prepared questions, may I ask if you were a Skyguard before their unfortunate... fall?" he queried, lifting his cup for another sip of the calming brew. He'd need every herbal advantage to keep his mind sharp and his reactions flat for his personal investigation.

CharactersShow
Character

FluffyGinja

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Kureha listened as he interrupted her and she paused herself in the moment before laughing softly at the question that she had not expected. "Ah! Well, that is a story that isn't a long one, tch. I was not a Skyguard before this. I had been interested but by the time that I was available... well, the incident had occurred with them, tch. I seek to revive them because Kumogakure needs them, tch. It needs their care and protection, their symbol... A symbol that every civilian, every single one of my children could see... and be proud of, tch. That could see their mother there and know that they will be protected in her loving embrace, tch." It was hard to tell if she was speaking about actual children or not, but she truly meant the citizens of Kumogakure... That she saw as basically her children that needed to be protected. One thing was certain though... when she got passionate, her verbal tic seemed to come in far more frequently.

"It is idealistic, but a symbol of protection and peace would help everyone just as much as the Raikage himself could, tch. I hope you see where I am coming from. It is not that I just desire to reform the Skyguards... Tch, But also that I feel the needs of the village require it. I will do what it takes to make sure everyone is safe. Everything except sacrifice myself for the village... cause if I die, how can I save the rest, Tch?" She smiled at that and let out a soft, mature giggle. One that showed just how much she seemed to care. To an almost unhealthy degree.

"So, Senji-kun... Do you accept my offer, tch? Do you feel you can benefit Kumogakure here, in the Skyguards? We could use you... I should say... I could truly use you, tch." She was being honest in that... she really was the only current Skyguard around. And she just needed more.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Nafan~

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by Nafan~ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Senji sipped his tea thoughtfully. "What noble sentiments, Kyoukan-senpai. Any warrior would be lucky to serve under someone that cares so much." He replied thoughtfully, placing the tea cup down on a coaster.

Senji could see great merit in joining the Sky Guards. Their name held great weight, and would continue to do so after their reformation. True, they'd be seen as a shadow of their former glory for a time, but they would still garner some influence from the name itself. A commander that believed the Sky Guards needed to exist, even if they served only a symbolic purpose for a time, would provide stability to whatever group they gathered. He knew he would join.

The question was, in what capacity would he sit. "While I acknowledge the great honour in serving with you, I must ask just a few more questions before I commit myself, if you will permit me." he began, politely. "Have you spoken with the Raikage or the council about this? What did they have to say about it?"

CharactersShow
Character

FluffyGinja

Magic? Do Tell.

Post by FluffyGinja » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 pm

"The Raikage has approved this himself, tch. It is the only reason that I am even allowed to attempt this is because of his approval. The Raikage himself sees a need for the Skyguard to arise once more, tch. It was once a proud symbol of Kumogakure that was reduced to rubble in the wake of the incidents that happened, tch." Kureha was watching Senji as she spoke, seeing a few of his mannerisms. In the back of her mind, she couldn't help but be glad that someone seemed to share her sentiment about wanting to do this, simply from the tone of his voice and the way he spoke with inquisitiveness.

As she was thinking on all of what she had planned, she was reminding herself of the file that she had on Senji and she let a smile cross her face that was telling. It showed that she might be prematurely excited to have a member like Senji amongst her recruits. For now though, she kept herself silent... and she awaited if he may ask another question.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”