[Plotboard] Joining the Elite

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Hayate sat arched over his desk in contemplation yet again, elbows upon it, head upon his hands. He had always dreamed of being the Raikage, but his short tenure thus far had shown him how grueling of a task it could be. To his sides, his "helping hands" worked diligently signing papers and sorting them into bins to the side of his desk... One set of hands however was not working and instead sat suspended in front of Hayate, a stack of papers in tow. These papers were the profiles of the potential candidates for Jounin rank-up. Many eyes in the village had kept tab on his shinobi, watching their growth, prowess and what not... but at a desk he felt he couldn't really make decisions of rank-up, especially when it involved stamping "approval" on a piece of paper.

Hmph.

His hands flipped through the stack, though they suddenly stopped as his eye caught one of the candidates. Nukegara Sou. It seemed the latest Jinchuuriki of the Aura Genma... had actually made progress? It was rare that a jinchuuriki found it's way into the jounin pile... and for sure meant that he was of some kind of strength. Perhaps, Hayate had been ignoring someone he shouldn't have. Standing from his desk he grabbed his Kage haori and hat and then headed for the door. He'd be paying Mr. Nukegara a visit.
A gust of wind would tosle any leaves or dust in the area outside of the Nukegara residence, Hayate appearing in moments where previously there had been no one. Straightening his haori and hat he raised his hand to the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Sou was sat atop his home, eyes closed and legs folded under him, his breathing steady and body relaxed. He'd never been one for meditation in the past, preferring to be doing something useful with his time instead of just sitting in place for hours on end and achieving nothing. Nowadays though, meditation was a means to an end; it served a purpose and so he couldn't simple write it off as a useless waste of time. Taking the time to centre himself, to separate his thoughts from those of Konegu's, had become an almost daily ritual for the Jinchuuriki. The more he had grown to use his new power the more he had exposed himself to the beast's influence. It had been horrifying at first, to realize he was changing in more than just physical aspects. He had somewhat come to terms with it, though if he were honest it was at least a little disconcerting never knowing what was his idea and what came from the Okigenma.

Blue-green eyes snapped open when he felt the Raikage approaching. He couldn't sense him, not in the traditional sense, and he certainly couldn't see the man moving, but there was a certain presence Nakajima Hayate held that made him instantly recognizable. The young special jounin had no doubt that if he hadn't wanted to be detected Sou would have had a snowball's chance in hell of spotting him before the man wanted to be seen. Red chakra bubbled up from under him and pushed him up and forwards while his legs unfolded, allowing for a smooth transition from sitting to standing. He was getting better at using the shroud without entering a form, taking any moment he could to practice.

Casually stepping over onto the front facing wall of the home, Sou smiled easily but respectfully down at his commander-in-chief. He trusted Hayate about as much as he trusted any of the village leaders, which wasn't much to be completely honest, though if Banri were to be believed Sou's faith should be placed entirely in the council member alone. "Good morning, Lord Raikage. How are things at the office?"
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Hayate's hand was about to rattle the door once more when something nearby stirred- something rather unique. The peace of the village had dulled his physical senses and in honesty these days he didn't pay much attention to what he saw or heard around him, certainly not when in fast transit mode... on the other hand his chakra sensory was always on and yet it was increasingly less useful, for such a densely populated place. Without focusing it didn't provide much useful feedback- unless something with abnormally large chakra or suffering abnormal surges was nearby, which was precisely what he just felt. That, of course, was his hint. Lowering his hand Hayate turned his head upwards to watch a shrouded Sou approach.

"Oh you know- quite the time there. Lots of fun stuff to do- oh loads." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm beginning to think I should of just let Banri or some fool take the Kageship so I could continue to gallivant around... but I digress. I'm hear to see you, Sou.". The kage took his hat off, and tied it's sides so that he could then hang it around his neck, off his back. Likewise, he clasped his haori shut and then lowered the sleeves, allowing his arms to be free. "You've received recommendation for ascencion to Jounin of the cloud Sou." he paused, approaching the boy and putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Now you're talented, but I'm not convinced, given your circumstances, you're necessarily ready to become a jounin.". The kage bowed his head. He had always been an expressive man in the sense that his emotion seemed to spread to everyone nearby him. "Sou... I have bad news... but... he's no longer with us, and we will soon have a new Jinchuuriki... so I'm here today to not only test you, but to prepare you to step up to the plate as a Jounin, and a mentor." Hayate squeezed Sou's shoulder.

"As he mentored you."

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Sou's browed pulled closer together in confusion at the Raikage's revelation; he was up for promotion? That seemed… strange. He felt like he hadn't done much in the last… who knew how long but train to control the Genma he now wielded. When Hayate continued, Sou loathed to admit that he agreed with the man. He himself didn't think he was necessarily ready for such a responsibility. He swallowed heavily at the weight of the hand on his shoulder; it was a light touch but it felt like Hayate had just put the weight of the world on his shoulders. And not for the first time. The niggling voice in the back of his head that was the sum of all his doubts and insecurities was telling him to run and hide and pray the Raikage never found him. The more pragmatic part of his brain was saying that this was perhaps political in nature, another move from someone to earn his good graces as the Jinchuuriki of the Okigenma.

The idea that his career had becoming nothing but a political game to some people had Sou's blood boiling though he was quick to suppress his anger.

As caught up in his own thoughts as he was he almost didn't catch what Hayate had said after the news about the promotion. He was gone? Who was he? The rest of the sentence processed and his brain made sense of what Hayate was implying. "Wait, Satori? He's… dead? How? When?" Satori was the Jinchuuriki of the Enchougenma, had been for years. Well before Sou had ever taken on the mantle of Jinchuuriki. He stumbled slightly, feeling the weight on his shoulder grow even heavier.

He barely managed a marginal amount of control over his own demons daily, how was he expected to teach another Jinchuuriki how to manage their own? Apparently with the help of the Raikage if the man was to be believed. An odd feeling settled in the pit of his stomach. Was it really fair to drag some other poor innocent into this world of dangerous politics and power plays? That was the price one paid when becoming one of the Jinchuuriki for the Genma, one that he hadn't anticipated on top of dealing with sharing his mind and body with a force older than the village itself.

Clenching his fists a little and then loosening them, repeating the process, Sou sucked in a deep breath to steady himself. He didn't have a choice in whether or not another Jinchuuriki would be made. Logically he understood that the power loss that would create would result in Kumo becoming a target for the other Great Villages. What he could do was step up to the plate, and be ready to try and protect whomever was dragged into this life as best he could. "Alright, when do we start, Lord Hayate?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:50 am

"It was quiet... peacefully. His body was beginning to reject the genma and his death was inevitable. The chance, as you know, of surviving an extraction is pretty low... but it was the only chance he had. Didn't work." Hayate removed his hand from the boys shoulder. "It's a loss, and one we are used to, but it still pains me... it's commonly believe that the Jinchuuriki, just like all the ninja in this village serve me... but that's wrong. It is I who in-fact serve the village... and when something like this happens, it is my failure." He bowed his head. "I have a duty to ensure the best for you, and I will not fail this duty. Furthermore, though your abilities deserve the rank of Jounin you have not had the chance to develop like the rest of the candidates, mainly because of the Genma within you."

The kage shifted back closer, jamming his finger into the boy's stomach where his seal would of been- while he hadn't really done anything, Sou might of felt a jolt or rush of energy as he did so. "I care very little for politics or schemes, and I most certainly want my jounin, each and every one, to not be under anyone's control or not have the chance to make their own decisions about the world we live in. As commanders in the field, your lack of life experience is just too great and worse, this lack of life experience makes it easy for men like Banri to guide you in whatever way they desire." He pulled his hand back again.

"The problem is with your limited strength and control of your Genma, many would argue to keep you caged within the village, but what they don't understand is that will actually limit you as a host, as pure will and strength can only bring about so much power from your genma." The kage turned his back, motioning for Sou to follow him back to his office.

"Starting today, I'm going to "chaperone" you on a trip so that you get the chance to see the world with your own eyes and to mature to the rank of Jounin. We're going to leave the village and go on a trip through the ancient ruins of the neutral minor countries, even temples. There may be deadly threats, and I'll likely have Banri calling for my removal after this I can't expect you to be a jounin when you haven't even seen the world like so many jounin have... since they can leave the village. You've outgrown your cage and there's only so much further growth you can do here."

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Sou had thought about how he would die before, of course. In an epic battle with a worthy opponent, protecting Kumo, maybe behind enemy lines or even assassinated. Other scenarios included the Genma taking over and Sou needing to be killed in order to contain the threat, something he had accepted as a possibility the moment he agreed to take on the burden, or even killing himself if it meant saving someone he loved from the beast. The one thing he hadn't considered was simply… his body failing to work. He didn't even know the body could begin to reject the power of a Genma; it either accepted the seal or it didn't from the beginning.

He felt through the link he and Konegu shared to question the beast but was met with silence. Apparently, it either wasn't in the mood to talk or knew something Sou didn't and was waiting for the best moment to screw with his head. Either way there was little Sou could do and he let his attention return to the real world where the Raikage was still talking.

"You've got a duty to the village, huh?" Sou couldn't help the small upturn of his lips at that. Sou had always been of the opinion that it was a shinobi's duty to protect the village and its people, regardless of their rank or how important they may be. It was strange that the highest-ranking man in the village agreed with that view point. He knew many believed that while protecting the village was important it was their duty to oversee those defences rather than participate themselves. He shook his head. While he believed he had come a long way in controlling the Genma and his new powers he didn't believe his skills were worthy of even being recommended for a Jounin promotion. The Raikage was right in that aspect, he could distinctly remember the last time he left the village on an official mission.

It had been the week before he had become a Jinchuuriki.

The sudden jab to his stomach caused his abs to tense and the link between him and Konegu to flare to life, Sou suddenly standing up straight as his eyes flared red for a moment before fading back into green-blue. That had been a reaction not based on anything the Raikage did but entirely from Konegu. The Genma hated the Raikage, saw him as a miserable copy-cat, and being in such sudden proximity had it riled up as though the man had done something to the seal even though neither man nor beast felt any change.

'Do not let him touch the seal again, my human.' The voice was low and smooth, almost sending a chill down Sou's spine. 'None of them can be trusted, remember that. They all seek to control us and our power, no matter what pretty words they spin for you.'

At the mention of being controlled, both by Konegu and again by Hayate, Sou was scowling deeply as he strode to walk side-by-side with the Raikage instead of falling into the natural place of back a few paces and to the side. "Lord Banri may have schemes inside of schemes but his guidance has gotten me this far." Perhaps it was childish, but he folded his arms over his chest as he walked. "I'm aware that I lack experience but I'd also like to think I know when I'm being played. I won't let anyone control my decisions but me."

The chuckle in the back of his head told him exactly what Konegu thought of that statement.

"You realize the second we leave the village Lord Banri is likely to have his spies following us the entire time, right? He usually has more than a few people watching me. Between the two of us we've likely got an entire battalion of his troops following us right now." Letting out a sigh, he ran his fingers through his hair and let his arms drop back to his sides. "I would appreciate getting out of the village though. To be honest, it actually sounds kind of fun. It's been a while since I got into a good fight."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 am

Hayate watched the boy before him paused, lost in thought. Unfortunately, despite a thousand if not more years of Jinchuuriki, it was always impossible to know exactly how one would react to their genma, and vice versa. He suspected that this reality was finally hitting Sou, and unfortunately, causing a small amount of panic in him. Internal struggle was perhaps the greatest weakness of Jinchuuriki... the former Okigenma host, Soku had told him that much... Even his intelligence briefings. Whatever internal dialogue was going on for Sou, it was prudent he chimed in to reassure the boy.

"I've sacrificed most everything for this village, and shall it come to it someday, am more than willing to sacrifice my life, Sou. Becoming one of the most powerful shinobi in this world... it wasn't for power or to lead. It was so I could protect what was dear to me and write the wrongs of my father. Of the Nakajima family." The man grinned, this time pointing his finger to Sou's heart, tapping against it with slight force.

"Okigenma, despite his antics, isn't bad Sou. From what Soku told me, we are quite similar. Power, means the ability to protect what you love. So, Sou, don't fight that. Don't think it wrong. Become powerful so you can do as you please and protect who you care most about- and no matter what never forget or lose sight of who that is." The kage chuckled. "Genma or not, all powerful beings need a reason that is their very own.". Hayate was honestly relieved... relieved to be back at what he did best. It was tiring all the politics and bull shit, and being able to speak frankly and from the heart restored his optimism in the world, if only slightly.

The pair continued to walk.

"You may think that, but is it really true? You can never escape control because no decision we make as living beings is completely our own... Sou. I propose to you that we are always controlled by something else. I challenge you to look at things past the surface. I'm guessing Banri motivated you with your family. So in the end, was it really Banri who controlled you, or was it your love for your family... reminded to you by Banri, that motivated you?" he continued forth.

"Let his men follow us. I'll enjoy dealing with his reactions and salt." Hayate said with a chuckle.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:46 pm

"Is it really protection when its form is that of control? I've had it in the back of my head, telling me exactly how it thinks I should be protecting people. Believe me, I'm aware that his power could easily protect everyone I know, everyone I love, but if it comes at the cost of subjugating our humanity…" The blond shook his head with a scowl. "That's not something I'm willing to do." Sighing, he reached up and ran his fingers through his hair, tugging on the locks a little. "And besides, there is a difference between accepting the Genma's power and accepting it's point of view. I must fight it every day to know whether it is me coming up with an idea or it. I can never stop fighting, Lord Raikage." For just a moment, his mask slipped and he looked every bit as weary as he felt. "Never…"

Again he shook his head, clearing away his more morbid thoughts. "Lord Banri motivated me with a lot of things." His eyes cut across to the Raikage, remembering what Banri had implied about the man. He had successfully managed to turn Sou away from Lord Syaoran despite never having a chance to meet the man. And then he had implied that of the two, Syaoran would have been better than Hayate. "Family, friends, allies, enemies. He is good at what he does, laying out the cards." He remembered the cards he carried in his back pocket. The King and the Jester. Hayate and Banri. He knew the man was expecting him to make a choice.

Hayate had never tried to actively manipulate him, that he knew of. But the man was a dichotomy. Everything he had heard about the man, his exploits during the Civil War and the events that led to him becoming Raikage conflicted with everything he knew personally. So far, he had been open, honest, and willing to train Sou and ensure he got stronger. If Banri was to be believed the former was the truth, but Sou honestly felt more comfortable around the Raikage than the head of StratOs. Was he just that good of a liar or was Banri the one spinning a tale? Both were possible, both were far superior shinobi to Sou and it was a shinobi's job to deceive.

"Maybe we can't escape control but we should be able to decide who controls what, how we get controlled. Sure, everything is influenced but ultimately it should be up to us, as individuals, to decide what we do. Imposing your will on someone else just because you believe it is the right thing to do or what will achieve the best results… It takes away what makes us human." Sou chuckled, though there was no mirth to it. "Maybe I'm just naïve, even after all these years. You'd think after living through a war I'd be a little more accepting of universal rule if it meant saving lives."

'I told you, little human. A war is an extreme, too extreme for your mind to truly comprehend. Seeing the world, witnessing the day to day lives of your kinsmen, will reveal to you the truth of his world. Without someone to guide you humans, without a controlling hand, you simply don't know how to exist. You fight and kill each other over pointless matters of opinion and grudges held out of spite. Your race truly is the lowest form of life.'
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:09 pm

The pair was growing ever closer to the Raikage building, and now had a stair and some bridges to cross in order to make it to the other side of Kumogakure and to the mountaintop which the Raikage building was built on. Akino Peak. Hayate could tell the boy seemed a bit upset at what he said... but he could also tell his words were interpreted differently than what he had meant. He hoped Sou remembered the last time they met. Hayate had shown him just how powerful letting someone think they were in control could be, and after all it was how Sou broke through his genma at that time.

"I believed you interpreted me wrong, Sou. I don't mean "let the Genma control you, as you're likely aware. That said, my apologies- I can't ever imagine what you go through and didn't mean to infer anything. The price you pay each day to protect the village makes you a hero, whether or not you master the genma or live a long life even." It was unusual for kages to be so humble... and to to apologize for someone misinterpreting them. He paused briefly as they turned a corner, a few little kids running by and nearly smacking into him if he hadn't paused. The kids gone, he continued. "What I meant was that I don't believe Okigenma to be pure evil, despite his piss poor behaviour. I think he's got similar motivations to you or I... and that if you can learn to play into those there's no need to view it as control, but as a trade. You help each other protect what's precious to you each. I may be an optimist, but I doubt the Okigenma would care so much about protecting and controlling humans if he didn't care to some degree, don't you think?"

Sighing he began to ascend the stairs.

"That is precisely what I mean. I want you to be able to control who controls what, or what control you allow to happen. I could execute Banri, Syaoran, or anyone in this village with ease... And yet, I let both Banri and Syaoran advise me and lead me. I have no need to subjugate to their control, but at times, it is the best option and the one that will protect the most people... so, unfortunately I need to go with them. It's philosophical, I suppose, but is that actually control then if you make the decision? Surely at least for our conscience it helps." He let out a long hardy laugh, then slapped Sou on the back.

"Don't let an old man like me taint your views. Your naivety is refreshing, least to my optimism. The world could always use more heroes." Hayate said, quietly.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Barely paying attention to where he was going at this point, Sou had become consumed by his own thoughts. The problem he had wasn't with the Raikage's words, Banri's manipulations, or even Konegu's constant whisperings in the back of his mind. His problem was with himself, that he could understand and empathise with all their views. "You don't have to apologize to me, Lord Raikage." He smiled ruefully and looked away. "Besides, I'm no hero," he muttered, "just a shinobi. We all have our duties to perform. If mine happens to be a little more taxing than someone else's, it just means I'm keeping someone else from having to deal with the extra burden. I'm okay with that."

Coming to a sudden halt when the Raikage paused in his step, Sou's eyebrow rose a little when a bunch of kids came suddenly running past. He had been caught up in the conversation and his own thoughts, he hadn't even heard them coming. "Have I ever told you your spatial awareness is just plain creepy, sir?" With Banri, Sou doubted he'd ever let himself speak so freely. The old bannin demanded respect, anything less resulting in subtle threats that sent chills down your spine. Somehow, he felt like Hayate wouldn't immediately throw him into a building for being a little cheeky.

Returning to the conversation, he shrugged. "I don't think I've ever met anyone or anything that was purely evil." He chuckled. "Besides, things with reasons, things that care, they're all the more dangerous, aren't they? Chaos for chaos' sake is easy enough to beat back or defend against. You never really feel bad or guilty for getting rid of a threat like that. But fighting against someone with the same convictions as you, who believes in what they're doing as deeply as you believe in your own cause? That's honestly scary. That's what scares me about the Okigenma." Sighing and leaning back to stare straight up, Sou felt his heart thumping in his chest. "It scares me because it makes sense, in a way. And the more I try to play that game, try to trade power, the more I worry that eventually I'll stop seeing the difference between domination and protection."

He shook his head, his bangs falling into his eyes as he continued up the stairs towards Akino Peak. He rarely had cause to enter the Raikage building, though he often visited the peak. It was here he had been sealed and initially trained after all. "Maybe you're right, that I should take advice and then make my own decisions. It's not really being controlled, after all. But it's different with Konegu. Its voice is always in the back of my mind, whereas with Lord Banri and Lord Syaoran you can leave them and be left to your own thoughts. You're never confused as to whether it is your idea you're following or someone else's and can't tell the difference."

Smiling wanly, he finally shook himself off and tucked his hands into his pockets. "Is being a hero really worth it? To protect the people you love, you would give up anything. I'm sure most people would agree with that. But protecting everyone out of the goodness of your own heart? Sacrificing everything for complete strangers just to serve a greater good? I don't think I could do that. I'm happy just being a shinobi."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:33 am

Sou continued to display an amusing amount of humility. Though he had been through a war as a young man he had some how managed to protect his naivety and humanity... and even more so than Hayate. Hayate curled the corners of his mouth forming a subtle smile. People had always thought he was the indomitable hero. The paragon of justice. The hero that would make the world better... And yet here he was, fallen. A man not proud of his actions, despite their good outcomes... He couldn't help but wonder if that wasn't actually his fate. Perhaps his role was never to save the world. He pushed the thoughts to the side of his head though.

"Let me tell you, it's great at parties. Good for pranks too, when the situation allows." he said with a light-hearted chuckle. He continued up the stairs.

"Those are wise words for a young man. But, don't you think Sou, that other people have a responsibility too? When you push too hard we need to push back. I hope someday, you can be very open about your situation and so you can reach that understanding with others... he paused and then locked his eyes, from the side, on Sou's. "That said I think you're special Sou. The war broke me- the Raikage and yet here you are.. indomitable. I can respect that. Perhaps, with further training, you can move past the insanity a genma brings."

Sou would make a good successor.

The pair was likely walking a lot faster than they assumed. For people who ran at double-digit miles, sometimes even walking became fast.

"As for that question, you will know someday. When the moment comes, you will understand exactly why you would sacrifice yourself for someone you might not even know."

The pair was getting closer to the bridge.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:25 pm

"Indomitable? Heh. I'm a lot of things, Lord Hayate, that certainly isn't one of them."

'You aren't, of that I'm sure. No human I have ever come across has ever been indomitable.'

Sou scowled at Konegu's mutterings, a fire building in the pit of his gut. While most of the time he worried he was losing himself to the influence of the beast, there was times like right now that Sou felt absolutely determined to never let the beast win. The idea of trading with the ancient spirit, playing its game in return for the power it could provide, made him sick in moments like this one. Like he wanted nothing more than to reach through the seal and yank as hard as he could on the chains that bound the Okigenma and show it exactly who was in control here.

But that was just playing its game as well, and he fought the temptation. Giving in to the desire to be the one in control instead of the one being controlled. Everything the Raikage said made sense, that one day he was going to have to accept that in some form or another everything was controlled in this world. But until he could reconcile that with the way Konegu wanted to control everything around him, even if it was for 'noble intentions', according to the Genma at least, he would simply have to continue to fight.

"Maybe. It told me once, not long after our fight, that the seal is like a door. Once I open it, it goes both ways. The more I train and use its power, the more I open myself to its influence." 'That was a private conversation, my little container. You betray my trust so lightly? Perhaps I should take back the strength I have given you.' "Do you think it was lying, trying to manipulate me? Or will I eventually have to give in to the madness to truly wield its power as my own? Because I honestly don't know anymore."

Sou looked down at his hand and flexed his fingers, calling up a miniscule amount of his now blood red chakra. It bubbled and formed into a shroud around his hand and fingers, the feeling was warm and soothing and empowering. "It's so strong, like when I'm inside the shroud I'm invincible. I know I'm not, I have you to thank for that insight," he chuckled and gave the Raikage a side-long glance, "But the more I use it, the more I see just how powerful it is, the more I think why shouldn't I?" The red chakra faded and in its wake his hand felt cold, devoid of life. He wasn't sure if it was his imagination or if using the Okigenma's chakra actually made him feel weaker after letting it go.

"Maybe I'm already going crazy, and I'm just too stubborn to realize it. Indomitable, right?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 am

"Well, I can tell you confidence shouldn't be mistaken for indomitable will." he said with another light-hearted chuckle. He was sure the Genma would probably take that one as an insult. His humor and laughing always seemed to make genma and evil spirits so happy. Watching his step he went onto the suspended bridge that led to Akino peak, and began to tread lightly on it. There was much to sort before the pair left the village. Supplies needed to be obtained, trusted sources informed, and of course, the strength of the boy's seal needed to be gauged. Hayate couldn't go bringing a nuke with a faulty safety around innocent villages.

"I don't know the Okigenma, Sou... It might be trying to manipulate you, but then can you ever know anyone isn't? I can promise you I'm not but does that truly mean anything? Regardless... Okigenma isn't lying about the door because every relationship is a door. Whenever we accept someone else, and they us, we accept that inevitably we will change each other." his eyes darted back to the boy. "And I want you to examine that statement of old Oki's a little more. If the door is two-way, and he influences you... maybe you can finish my thought."

You can influence him too, Sou.

The boys revelations at the rush of power he received were indeed troubling at face value. The genma were manipulative indeed, and such immense power was like a drug, often. But, Hayate was potentially the strongest living shinobi, and his abilities rivaled genma to a degree. Reflecting on that, he also knew that what Sou was describing was merely being human. When one found immense power it was a rush, using it was a rush, and lack of it felt weak.

"It feels like being naked in front of your class, or defenseless, right? At some point, Sou... you have to learn to stop questioning your humanity. I know you're neither human nor spirit...so this makes little sense.... but the emotions, feelings, and everything you describe is human. I've felt these feelings before... it's natural. Even the doubt... " The kages voice had been growing continually brighter as he spoke.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:51 pm

'Old… Oki...?' Sou could feel the tremor of rage in the beast's voice, and a tremor ran across his shoulders as he fought the urge to laugh. 'One day, mortal stain. One day…' The lingering threat, the quiver to Konegu's voice in barely suppressed malice, and the fact that Hayate was telling him that it might be possible for Sou to change to Genma was all too much at once. He couldn’t hold it back anymore and suddenly the laughter needed to escape, erupting from his mouth in spite of the hand clasped over it. Laughing as hard as he was on a swinging bridge probably wasn't the greatest idea in the world but he couldn't help himself.

"S-s-sorry!" Sou managed to get out between gasps, "I-it doesn't like b-being called O-o-old Oki!" Even as he set it he burst into a fresh round of laughter, tears prickling at the corners of his eyes though he managed to keep them from spilling over. Eventually he collapsed against the railing of the suspended bridge and sucked in a few deep breaths, his shoulders still shuddering but the laughter having mostly passed through his system. He could practically feel Konegu glaring at him, or maybe pouting was a more apt description. Wiping the tears away, Sou smiled brightly at Hayate.

"So if I am insane, I'm only as insane as you? That's… actually a comforting thought, in a way." Shaking his head, Sou kept walking over the bridge and looked up towards the Raikage building with a grin. He felt lighter than he had in a long time. Hell, he couldn't remember the last time he laughed so hard, and the cause being over something like the ancient spirit that he constantly warred with pouting was just that much sweeter. Shaking his head, he ran his fingers through his hair and settled into an easy stride, his shoulders slinking back a little. He knew his doubts would return in full force later, that the Okigenma would go back to tormenting him eventually, but for right now he felt like himself. It was a feeling he thought he had forgotten. "No matter how much I may mix with the beast, I'll always be human."

Turning to face the Raikage fully, he arched an eyebrow at the man. "So, how come we're here? The exit to the village is the other direction, sir."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm

"He's quite the sensitive one for being so powerful isn't he?" Hayate said with a slight chuckle. The Okigenma hated Hayate with a passion, or so he was told. Prior to Hayate's ascension, the Okigenma hated Akino too. Perhaps it was their similar abilities... or perhaps it was the fact that Raikage had control over the village... either way, Hayate didn't think too much of it, beyond Okigenma being a baby, probably. He continued into the Raikage building at this point- the pair having traversed the park to the tower quicker than they even noticed. The entire time he was leading Sou to the chambers beneath the mountain.

"That's the spirit, and well, we need supplies." he responded, still leading Sou down into the chambers.

"I didn't get enough time to play with old Oki." Hayate said staring right at Sou. This, was it. It was time to see how much Sou could put up with, how much he could hold the genma, and how his seal was. "Is he still pretty upset?" Hayate said smiling as his body became covered in a layer of water, and aura. Two arm-shaped bits of water came off, making a funny gesture towards Sou.

Let's begin.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:46 am

Sou chose not to comment on Hayate's remarks, hoping to avoid the eventual headache he would have to deal with if Konegu decided to assault his mind for agreeing with someone the beast hated. While it had been more willing to part with its power, letting Sou wield more and more every day, it still played mind games with him and assaulted his dreams from time to time. It felt like it was always one step forward and two steps back when it came to the Genma. He did however choose to comment on their destination when he realized he knew the path they were taking. "Back here, huh? And I was hoping I had seen the last of this place." Banri had threatened to take away his backing, including the use of these hidden training facilities, if Sou did not choose to follow the manipulative man. He had wanted to prove a point and hadn't come back here since.

Taking in the look Hayate was giving him, Sou let out a soft sigh and realized he wasn't getting out of here without getting into yet another fight with the Raikage. Just once he wished he could have a conversation with the man that didn't end in violence or ancient spirits of immense power being sealed into his gut. He raised an eyebrow at his commander as if asking if the man was serious. "It's always upset. It's in prison." Reaching down into the seal, Sou opened the door and immediately dove deep into the well of power that was the Okigenma.

'Round two. Time for some revenge.'

A flash of red surrounded the young man, his chakra flaring brightly, before it settled into an aura around him and where once stood Sou now stood a strange hybrid between man and beast. Blood sprung from his eyes like tears, staining his face, and his skin went from a little pale to almost completely colourless. He didn't feel any pain from the spikes growing from his back or cheeks anymore, the transformation was near instantaneous now. Reaching out, he folded all his fingers into a fist bar one, flipping off Hayate's water arms, as a large arm made of the pulsating red chakra formed and did the same.

There was no hesitation on Sou's part this time. He had spent far too long training to worry about losing himself to the Genma, not when he was only using this much power. Funneling power into the pulsating red shroud, it began shaping itself until it was a copy of Konegu's upper body clinging to Sou. He made a few hand seals and ran forward even as his aura grew in size, the aura's arms extending to reach out and grab Hayate while Sou breathed out a line of wind chakra in the shape of a fine blade.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

Sou wasn't stupid, and Hayate knew the second their path had taken this twist that Sou would know what his intentions were. In fairness, though, Sou likely also understood that as nice and kind of a guy Hayate was he couldn't risk taking a super weapon out of the village without first testing him himself. Likewise, the reports that had been given of his progress, no doubt compiled by Banri, was of little meaning to him. The only thing that would prove Sou was a jounin was Sou's actions. Stopping in the room, Hayate nodded, then honestly opened up.

"As you know, Sou, I doubt your candidacy for Jounin. While I fully believe in you, I doubt the piece of papers given to me that say you're ready. The only thing I won't doubt, is you. So, if you can show me your progress, then I can rest knowing the paperwork isn't lying... " Hayate said as he glanced up and down the boy. His words alone had indicated progress- something that made Hayate's face go stone cold as emotions welled up inside of him. It was a sense of sadness, duty, proudness, and... hope. But, words didn't stop massacres.

Readying himself into an alerted stance, Hayate nodded. Perhaps, Sou would still yet learn to understand the Okigenma's heart, and in turn, the Okigenma would understand his. The truth of Jinchuuriki- least the strong one... in Hayate's opinion, was not that it was a parasitic relationship as people like Banri thought, but that it was a mutualistic symbiotic relationship. Together, the two halves made a stronger and more complete entity then apart. Putting in his final comment, he watched the boy approach.

"I'm glad you understand how he feels, Sou."

Within moments the boy had transformed... intrigued at his speed and comfort in the genma, Hayate spun on his foot. When the boy would grab him, he would continue his spin with all his force, grabbing onto the cloak and the boy in return with more water arms, and then swinging his arms and the water arms as he spun in a move meant to fling Sou into the far wall. He paid no attention to the wind, which would likely strike the watery defense and be stopped dead by it.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Tch. Sou gritted his teeth when his wind blade did nothing against Hayate's cloak. Clearly using his own Ninjutsu would do nothing against the Raikage and he'd be forced to rely purely on the Genma's power. Sailing through the air towards a wall, Sou pulled on the chakra and formed another arm, which reached out and stopped him from smashing into it but shattered in the process. Holding up his arm, an orb of slightly darker red chakra formed as he gathered and shaped it until it suddenly stretched out into a bident, identical to the one Konegu wielded when he last took over Sou. Letting it go, it floated through the shroud and into the waiting hand of the aura.

"Just once it would be nice if we could have a chat without it ending in a fight, Lord Hayate. You know, cup of tea and some roasted almonds? Like normal people." Even as he spoke the aura was lifting the bident and throwing it as hard as it could manage straight at the Raikage. As it got closer it'd suddenly split in two in an attempt to cut off any escape. Sou leapt forward, the aura twisting around him and growing larger until he was completely enshrouded in a 2 meter large form of Konegu's full body. The arms reached out, expanding in length and width, and more sprouted from the arms as he attempted to drive a thousand punches into the Raikage's shroud in a single motion.

'Go deeper. We can turn that shroud of his against him. I am the true ruler of chakra, all chakra, and it will bend to my will. Our will.' Sou could feel the pressure on the back of his mind from Konegu, trying to pushing him deeper into the crimson pool that represented it's chakra. The blond shook his head, refusing to go any deeper. He had never gone that far and didn't want to risk losing control. 'Without that power you will never be able to defeat him. He will keep you trapped in this village for the rest of your miserable existence until you dominate him and bend him to our will. Do you truly believe that he should be the one in control of us? Is that why you refuse the power you know could be the answer to all of your problems?'

'No one controls me but me.'

'Then prove it.'
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Sou was adjusting at an alarming rate, and exhibiting a greater level of control than he had previous had upon his genma by far. If Hayate had to take a guess, he was at least his current ranks strength at control over the genma... however, if he was to pass... Hayate demanded more than that. He demanded even greater than a jounin. Shuffling back on his feet his eyes watched the boy form Konegu's trident- it's signature weapon and the weapon of all Okigenma host's past. A small smile crept over his face. it seemed that Sou had indeed made a good amount of progress.

In a much brighter voice than before, Hayate chirped back to Sou "Well, you and I can't really call ourselves normal, can we?". He turned on his heal and sprung forward, so that him and Sou would collide. Shortly before the two would impact, he would throw his shoulder down and jam it up and into Sou's sternum. With his cloak, he'd be safe, but it would still likely hurt and take him off his feet. After all, Hayate had to play with him at least a little more before he did his final test. In addition to the shoulder chuck. something interesting would also transpire.

The bubbles that were surrounding Hayate would slam into Sou, also exerting their passive force upon him and pushing down on him.

Can he control it, yet?

Secretly he was hoping Sou could take his aura, and put it onto Sou. If he could... that meant Hayate and him could test something.
UsedShow
Lightning’s Shadow • Thunderstruck
D-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Lunging forward Hayate throws his shoulder down and throws it at the sternum of his opponent. This powerful move makes use of his entire body and it's weight to not only knocks opponents equal to Hayate in strength or weaker off their feet, but knock the wind out of them creating an opening. Opponents which Hayate is far stronger than (by 5 or more points) will usually have their sternums broken on impact.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 pm

"Doesn't mean we can't act like it." Sou's voice wasn't his own when he responded, not entirely, it resonated as two voices speaking as one. He lifted his arms to guard himself against the incoming charge even as his aura charged against the Raikage. The chakra shell took the brunt of the damage and Hayate's bubbly aura broke through the rest, slamming into Sou's guard and making him wince and bite his lip to prevent crying out in pain. Hayate hit hard enough as it was, add his damn aura onto it? That was just rage inducing. 'You win…' Sou knew he didn't stand a chance. Even if he summoned his strongest aura shell he couldn't stop the Raikage's charge.

'Finally, it sees sense. Let us put this human stain in its place.'

'Just… shut up and let me work.'

Sou let out a long, shuddering breath, as he drew on even more of the Genma's chakra. The red energy flowed freely from him, draining the colour from his skin until he was ghost-like, the only splotches of colour being the blood that trailed down his cheeks and the dozens of spikes that tore free from his skin. His chakra pulsed like a heartbeat and coalesced in the centre of his chest with each thump, growing larger until there was a solid ball of red chakra the size of his fists embedded into his chest. Sou sneered at Hayate, an expression unfamiliar on the man's usually calm face, and though his eyes were hidden behind a visor of white chakra, they too had changed from blue to a bright blood red and were far more dangerous than Sou's usual expression.

His aura reached out like long red fingers, taking hold of the bubbles that surrounded Hayate. "This? This belongs to me." And then he began to pull.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:51 am

Though Hayate didn't like to be that kind of mentor, it seemed a beating always managed to rile up Sou and the beast that was within him. The edges of his lips curled ever so slightly in delight. It was truly amazing to see someone master the genma and come to terms with being a Jinchuuriki this quickly... or at least at this rate, as Sou wasn't quite yet a master. Regardless, he had already done better than the previous few hosts, bar Soku... though Hayate was seeing an evident potential that... with the right guidance would surpass Soku.

Sou was being pushed to the ground though, and buckling beneath Hayate's might. When the burst of energy finally happened and Sou was nearly unrecognizable, Hayate knew what was coming next. Turning on his heal he leapt back, as in a flurry of energy and movement Sou tore Hayate's aura right off of him. Unfortunately though, the voice that spoke didn't sound like Sou... but it didn't quite sound like the Okigenma either... it worried him.

"That's cute." Hayate said, doubling back as his hands began to glow with chakra. He had a feeling the genma did not have the control to really claim his chakra, however that had never been his intentions. His intention had been to test Sou's stability. The second bit, would be for if Sou couldn't shut the genma down.

"Must feel good huh Oki? Tasting some superior chakra there from a mere human." he laughed.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Sou's head tilted to the side as he stared at the chakra he tore from his Raikage. He couldn't control it, and he could feel the Okigenma's frustration as if it were his own. But that niggling part in the back of his mind that was purely Nukegara Sou reminded him that this was the Raikage. Of course he didn't have the control to completely dominate the man's chakra. He was the most powerful shinobi in Kumogakure and likely one of the most powerful in the world. He started and ended a war to gain his position. Stamping down on that thought, Sou turned his attention and his sneer back to the Raikage instead of the chakra that had faded around his hands. "You are no mere human." The white visor covered his eyes but he was staring right at Hayate. "But you are still lesser than I. All chakra belongs to the spirits of the outer realms, and I am the highest form of them all." He looked down at his hand and flexed his fingers, regarding them with a derisive look. "Regardless of this body's… limitations."

Lifting his hand, red chakra bubbled around his bone white skin before rocketing off in the form of an outstretched hand, aiming to grab hold of the man's aura once more. He couldn't control it and turn it against the man but if he could suppress it long enough he could strike a decisive blow. As the arm reached for the Raikage, chakra formed in his other hand and solidified into yet another of his signature bidents. As soon as he made an opening the bident would be thrown with all the might of his aura.

'It won't work. He's too fast for that.'

Sou's face frowned as the thought echoed through his mind. 'Of course it will work, foolish child. I am the Phantom Beast of Hell, no mere impersonation of my power can defeat me. Be silent, you agreed to this switch.'

'When it doesn't work, just remember who told you so.'
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:55 am

Hayate was more than willing to let the Genma grab onto his chakra. His moves- hell his choice to use his Suiton rather than his natural affinity, Raiton... it had all been deliberate. From the beginning he had been goading the Hell Genma out. He had been making use of the Hell Genma's excessive ego to create an opportunity for Sou to damage his pride and prove himself to the Genma. He had also been creating an opportunity in which Sou could of his own volition get the Genma to use his full power... for that would bring Sou that much closer to the impossible- perfect mastery. Before he knew it, the Genma was ripping at his cloak again- a bident forming. His eyes flicked back and forth taking this all in missing not even a beat. That's when his tongue clicked.

Tchk. Thck.

When the Genma pulled the full cloak this time, he didn't stop him. Whether or not he stole it didn't stop the fact that Hayate's chakra was in it. His index finger wobbled in the air as he let out a smooth laugh. Beyond having just pulled his cloak, the entire area and Sou was saturated with water. This entire time, each attack against Hayate's cloak had made sure of that.... and so when the bident came... Hayate finally pulled back. His wobbling finger turned into his entire arm... no body moving. At the same time as he moved with all his might to put distance between him and the attack, all the water in the area sprung up and smashed into the bident, deflecting it and then smashing into Sou. Spinning round some of the water would form back around Hayate, and the rest of it would continuously continue to pound Sou, hit after hit.

"Try as you might, but you won't win, Hell Genma."
USEDShow
*Suiton • Aquakinesis
[/i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Having achieved notable mastery over Suiton, Hayate is capable of shaping, directing, and manipulating existing bodies of the element without the need of hand seals or an existing technique. The range at which the user can manipulate the element is equal to the Hayate's control times 2 metres. While the user can freely manipulate this element, they cannot produce the element naturally.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 pm

The feral snarl that escaped Sou's chalk white lips was one of almost animalistic fury. Something very unbecoming of both the human and the godlike entity held within. It was clear that each blow that failed to connect, every time Hayate mocked the prideful Genma who had to control everything, was damaging his ego beyond reason. The snarl was accompanied by an explosion of red chakra that swiftly hardened into a secondary shell around the original aura, providing a second layer of defence against the constant onslaught of water for as long as it could hold.

'Would you look at that. The humans were right. Again. I warned you, beast.'

'Your pathetic human body constricts my power, even when you have given over control. If you were to allow more of my power through that seal it would be a simple matter to wipe this stain from the face of this planet.'

'And then you would take full control permanently. I'm not a fool. Of course, there is one way you could possibly overcome him. It would require stooping down to pathetic human tactics though.'

'… Speak, my container.'

Sou mentally smirked. From his place within the back of his mind he had been watching the fight between Konegu and the Raikage. He was lying, of course, there was likely no way that they could beat the Raikage. But that wasn't what this fight was about. It was about control. Hayate was controlling the battlefield with a skill that he couldn't hope to match. What he could do was try to manipulate the battlefield to be a little more towards his advantage. He pushed his consciousness forward through the dark recesses of the seal-created mindscape and stepped into primary control of his body.

'You take the aura, since you're so keen on keeping as much control as you can. I'll make an opening.'

Sou looked through the aura and the water and smiled at the Raikage as he regained control. "My turn."

Even as he conveyed his plan to the Genma he was forming a set of hand seals. He jumped backwards as far as he could manage, breaking through the secondary shell which had been torn to shreds by Hayate's continued beatings. He flooded the room with his chakra, causing a series of red tinted platforms to appear, all angled towards Hayate. The aura grew a series of blades around his arms, launching them towards the floating platforms. They were mostly intangible, but anything containing his chakra signature bounced off them like a trampoline. Ten blood red weapons of varying shapes and sizes all launched at Hayate at random angles from the platforms.
SpoilerShow
[Bound • Triple]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Sou channels chakra toward 3 positions within 30 meters of him. His chakra then forms three square 50cm2 platforms within this range. Once Sou touches a platform, it pushes him off at +3 his normal speed in a single direction for 25m. As he moves through the air, he suffers a -3 to Taijutsu because of the external influence of force. These platforms only work on Sou and things containing his chakra, while they last for 6 posts.

[Arsenal of the Damned]
B-Rank Aura Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Form Two or higher active.
After channelling the necessary chakra into his aura, Sou can manipulate the shroud to create a range of simple bladed weapons; swords, daggers, etc. The number of weapons he can create within a single use of this technique is limited to a maximum of 10 and the weapons can be no larger than 1m long. These weapons form at a speed of 15 and require a strength of 25 to break. Once manifested they remain until they are thrown, dropped, or otherwise removed from Sou's aura, after which they only last for an additional 3 posts.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 pm

The Raikage merely smiled at the weapons Sou created. He could tank them all with ease if he so chose and they were mostly a non-threat. He was about to flick his hand when he heard Sou cry out my turn signifying that Sou was now in control. Regardless of how he took it, this was an opportunity for the boy to gain rapport with his genma... to gain a better relationship and respect. This indicated to Hayyate it was time to swallow his pride as a warrior and let himself lose. And that's exactly what he did. He blocked most of Sou's weapons, but let one sword impale him... and his cloak be stolen. He stumbled back clutching the sword, which was in a non lethal location of course in his stomach. Near instantly he'd rip it out as his skin would begin to sizzle and close up and heal.

With any luck the minor success would intrigue the Hell Genma. It may have been thousands of years old but it was really no more intelligent than any being. With that, Hayate would double back to the wall quickly as he channeled. He would show the technique that very few had ever seen- let a lone lived after seeing... the thousand hands of Nakajima Hayate. Rapidly hands began appearing behind Hayate, each a different color and clearly made of different materials. At the end, four green hands, four blue hands, and four yellow hands would levitate behind his back. 14 hands in total.

[color=fe0]"I'm afraid I can't let this continue any longer. The cloak is actually the least dangerous thing about me."[/color] he said as he dropped into a ready stance. The hands began to rotate in a ring behind his back. "Sou, if you're fully in control of this situation, release that form and cease using the Genma. Or I'll have to do this."

Too many viewed Hayate as merely a god of lightning- forgetting completely his other, equally powerful skills... Water and wind. In this form, he could create a near constant barrage of attacks from all 3 elements, coating people in water, shocking them, then slicing them up and cooling the water off with intense winds... And all the while his own hands were free to Kinesis these attacks as needed.

This was the might of Kumogakure. This was the mind of Nakajima Hayate.
USEDShow
Each x2

Suiton • Improved Hand Bunshin
B-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra into his hands, Hayate will secrete water from his pours which quickly forms into clones of just his hands. The two hands cannot travel more than a normal human wingspan (about 2 meters) away from each other and while they hover, they are bound to a maximum height above the ground reachable by normal human physiology, as if they had an invisible body. The hands are capable of performing any of Hayate's jutsu B-Rank or lower. They possess the following stats:
  • Taijutsu: 5
  • Stamina: 10
  • Strength: 5
  • Speed: 7
Fuuton • Improved Hand Bunshin
B-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra into his hands, Hayate will create a vortex of wind around his hands which then form into clones of just his hands. The two hands cannot travel more than a normal human wingspan (about 2 meters) away from each other and while they hover, they are bound to a maximum height above the ground reachable by normal human physiology, as if they had an invisible body. The hands are capable of performing any of Hayate's jutsu B-Rank or lower. The possess the following stats:
Raiton • Improved Hand Bunshin
B-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra into his hands, Hayate will cause lightning to crackle off his hands which quickly forms into clones of just his hands. The two hands cannot travel more than a normal human wingspan (about 2 meters) away from each other and while they hover, they are bound to a maximum height above the ground reachable by normal human physiology, as if they had an invisible body. The hands are capable of performing any of Hayate's jutsu B-Rank or lower. They possess following stats:

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Sou's eyes widened a little in surprise when one of the blades Konegu had manifested actually pierced the cloak and then the man behind it. The chakra fizzled out, taken over from the chakra within the blade, and Sou immediately suspected that the man had let it get by his guard. Whether he was right or not, he heard the chuckle in the back of his head from the beast within. It was filled with pride, joy, and more than a little satisfaction at finally making Hayate bleed. There was every chance the Genma knew it was a ploy but the elation at drawing blood was apparently blinding it to that particular truth.

The blade was pulled from the man's stomach and Sou watched on as the wound began to immediately heal. That was a neat trick. It explained why the man had made it through a warzone with nary a scratch on him and proceeded to take control of the entirety of Lightning Country. He could feel the presence of the Genma pushing him forward, urging him to press the attack, but when Hayate backed off where the Genma saw it as a sign of submission and retreat Sou saw it as something bad about to happen. He swallowed hard, loud enough to be audible to his own ears, when he saw fist after fist after fist of glowing energy in an array of colours appear around the man, flanking him as he stood tall haloed by the glow of elemental chakra.

'We can take him. Your platforms caught him off guard, we can do it again. Match fist for fist, the shroud can create that many and more. While he is distracted, you cut him down and end this.'

Sou mentally shook his head. 'No. That's just an easy way to get ourselves landed up in hospital for the next month. You said it yourself, your power has limits while stuck in my body. Even working together, we couldn't beat that. Too many chakra types… too many avenues of attack. It's best this ends without any more violence.' The teenager felt the emotions of Konegu flood his mind; anger, rage, wounded pride, and surprisingly a desire to protect? 'Look at it this way. We drew blood. We've never done that before. It's our win, we forced him to draw out a technique other than his cloak.'

'… Very well, my jailer. But the next time your precious human ruler decides to test us, we will not stop until we have won. Understood?'

The glowing red shroud of chakra surrounding him faded, diminishing in size until it silloutted his frame. The first physical change that began to retreat was the bone white visor that hid his eyes from view. It was strange, knowing that he shouldn't be able to see through it but he could; like his vision was part of the visor. Next the spikes began to recede and his skin began to return to its normal peach complexion. When he was finally himself again, Sou collapsed onto his hands and knees, heaving heavily as he no longer had the support of all that chakra to keep him going. The fight had damaged him severely, even with the protection of the aura there was a reason the man across from him was the Raikage. He wasn't weak and even with pulled punches he hurt.

"Do I win?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 am

Hayate held his ground and advanced slowly forward, ready to react at any moment if the situation called for it. He soon after found the young jinchuuriki still. Perhaps... or at least it seemed that the boy had managed to take control over his beast- perhaps do the gravity of Hayate's final threat and the combined realization that neither could win in their current state. Regardless after a few more seconds the auras all began to fade until finally all that was left was Sou, crumpled over and feeling the fatigue of their battle. With his sign of submission, Hayate released all of the hand, some popping, some fizzling, and some whooshing based on the element they had been made of. With that, Hayate stepped forward and towards Sou. Squatting in front of him he'd jam his hand into the young mans hair in the way of a teacher's affection, messing it about while giving a pat, then offer him a hand up. He couldn't really divulge what had transpired because the Genma would hear it too, but he hoped the young man had realized what a magnificent stage this place had been, and what great acting had transpired. Weakening the genma... gaining pride, building rapport... building the start of a bond?

This was success... and beyond that a mark of progress that made Hayate feel absolutely proud. He was absolutely positive Sou would master the Hell Genma and be a shining example of what Jinchuuriki could become. Clearing his throat as his other hand then grabbed Sou by the collar, he stood pulling the boy up like a pup in it's owners arm.

"You win. Sou, I award you the rank of Jounin. Your first mission begins now. We have much discuss." With that, suddenly both men would feel a pop in their ears as they were whisked off to a new locale instantly. It was dark, damp almost. The only thing giving light seemed to be some fuuinjutsu upon the ceiling. Hayate gently lowered Sou onto a spongy, soft pink material. Liquid would rush over his body. It'd heal his wounds and ease his pain gradually.

"Perhaps this is an extremely carefully guarded... secret, but you're inside the stomach of Kamegan, my summon. He is a fortress with the ability to heal those within him. His father is the legendary Island Turtle... and he also is one of the safest places... in which certain parties will not be capable of interfering or eavesdropping on the conversation we are about to begin."

If Sou understood what was about to happen, he merely needed to confirm it, and then the true start, pressure, and gravity of becoming and elite trusted by the Raikage himself would arrive.
USEDShow
Ninjutsu • Reverse Spiritualism Technique
B-Rank Ninjutsu
A different take on the standard summoning technique, after the appropriate hand seals, Hayate will make contact with anyone he wishes to bring along with him, reverse summoning himself and whoever he is touching into the stomach of his summon, Kamegan. Any parties teleported to Kamegan's stomach may leave at any time on their own will, returning them and anything they brought with them to their prior location. The maximum amount of time this technique holds is 7 posts. At the end of the 7 posts, Hayate and anyone still inside Kamegan will be returned back to their prior location. The location where they disappeared from looks slightly distorted, as transparent dark circle was laid over it.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:06 pm

So that was what it took to become a Jounin in this day and age? Fighting the Raikage until the man was satisfied? Sou remembered what his older brother told him about his promotion and all it involved was a highly dangerous and classified mission he was forced to take on by himself. That sounded like a damn cake walk compared to what Sou just had to go through. Still, the blond grinned at Hayate, the older man pulling him up by his collar, which was the only thing keeping him upright at the moment.

Sou had never imagined he would make it this far in his career. He had joined the Academy at the insistence of his parents, more to keep up appearances and maintain the family legacy than any real patriotic desire to serve his village and country. He had been content after he earned the rank of Chuunin to remain there, do whatever missions came his way and otherwise maintain his role as a chef at a local bar and keep an eye on his wayward siblings. And then the war happened. That was when everything changed for him. He got noticed, helped in a few too many missions, and when the fighting slowed he was pointed out to the brass as a loyal soldier with potential. He met his few friends during those days, losing contact with his Genin friends due to casualties or retiring, not able to take the fighting after the bloodshed of the war.

He could have handled all of that. Handled being seen as a loyal soldier, being sent on more missions. The war reminded him that being a ninja wasn't all fun and games, that the life they led was dark and bloody but ultimately it was necessary in order to keep the peace. What he could have never predicted was becoming a Jinchuriki and all the drama that came along with it. Suddenly he was a top commodity; everyone wanted a piece of him. Banri, with his seemingly infinite resources and boundless sources of information constantly manipulating him. Hayate, the man who began and ended the war, became the Raikage, and united all of Lightning Country under his rule was suddenly his personal tutor. Syaoran, the hidden Bannin who Sou had written off before ever giving him a chance due to Banri's manipulations, something he had figured out after the damage had already been done. And of course, one couldn't forget the Genma itself, always whispering in the back of his mind, constantly testing his limits, trying to convince Sou that the best way to protect himself and everyone he loved was to set the beast free.

And now he was a Jounin. The elite, the Raikage's finest soldiers and spies, trusted to handle the safety of the village in ways no Genin or Chuunin could even really understand. Someone expected to be held to a higher standard than the rest, strong enough to hold any enemy at bay and then crush them when the time was right. A small smirk settled into place on his face and there was a niggling feeling in his heart that Sou had long ignored. Pride. Sou had never really considered himself particularly prideful, happy to live an average life, but there was something about knowing that he had earned this that caused his pride to flare up.

… Of course, he went from being the middle of sorting through all his emotions to being dropped in what was a weird pink swamp. He immediately felt relaxed through, his nerves and the pain and tension in his muscles being soothed by whatever the goop was that surged over him. Forcing his doubts to the back of his mind, he decided that for right now it was best to focus on what was in front of him. Or surrounding him as the case was, as Hayate explained where they were. "My body tells me this place is great but my mind is telling me this is so far beyond gross. We're in a stomach?" An involuntary shudder ran down his spine. "Nice to know Banri doesn't have eyes and ears somewhere though. Seriously, as grateful as I am for the help he provided me when I was first chosen, the man needs to give me some breathing room. I swear he has people watching me even when I'm showering. It's plain creepy." Shaking his head, he leaned back further, resting against the sponge-like stomach lining of Kamegan. "I'm guessing this is a mission that even he can't know about then?" A small smile spread across his face. The idea of keeping a secret from the spy was hilarious. "This should be fun."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:58 am

Hayate had become completely grim in both body language, composure, and his voice. His hand hovered at his side above the place where his only scars were. The place where Raijin had pierced his body and nearly killed him, years prior. He nodded to the boy.

"Yes, and yes."

What followed next would be jarring.

"Your mission, is to begin the plans of the assassination, and state ordered execution of Tada Banri. The man responsible for the Nakajima revolt 16 years ago, the death of 8th Raikage Akino, and the death of many in this village."

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”