Family Reunion

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:59 pm

While resting inside his realm, Zippo could only think about the past. How wonderful it began and how tragic it ended up lately. Mikuyo went out like a light, and hadn't waken up for several weeks now. For a while, he couldn't hold himself up right. Even though he was experiencing the new rank as Jounin with fresh eyes, he also had a fresh feel losing someone very close. Again.

Setsuna, another teammate of his, died in the line of battle. Hiji couldn't handle it then as good as he could now. Setsuna's fate allowed him to grow as a shinobi, find the path on how to live a safer experience by becoming a master at something. When Zippo was thirsty for knowledge, he drank the sea.

For weeks, alone, in his realm, he would meditate here just to find himself. This took effect every time he felt like he needed rest. In fact, ever since he became a master of space and time, he let go having interest resting his head in this world, and frequently imprisoned himself inside his personal realm.

He wasn't all there, quite honestly. He needed to reconnect with others or become this being mentally bound by only his space time research and finding out who this Yaksha was Mikuyo mentioned in her coma.

"I wonder what Misaki's up to."

He imagined his sister being herself, and needed to be around that type of energy again.

Within his will, he reemerged into the human world and found himself in Kumogakure no Sato. The last location he was in happened to be a bar. As people discover this man coming from out of an area around the corner, some were in shock while many knew who this had to be.

With no time wasted, he ignored the onlookers and went on to find his older sister.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:15 pm

There was a smile on her pale face, scales shining under the lights of the village. She didn't much care about the eyes that were on her. There were so many that stared in surprise, some that stared in awe, and some that just smiled. It was for the latter that she moved. Her wings flat at her back the woman spun in circles, giggling as she danced and her tail spun with her. She'd fling her wings out in full after a few moments and laugh as she came to a sudden halt and fell to a knee, laughing all the harder as a child or two would run to her and she wrapped her arms around them, spinning once more with laughing children in her arms. Misaki's constant demeanor was a cheerful high of sorts. She laughed and she spun and she fell and children laughed with her. She might have been the strange 'dragon girl' to so many, but she didn't care if people judged her for it. The woman had long since become confident in her own differences and thrived on the stares of others. It only fueled her desire to remain unique.

She let the children poke at and feel her scales, laughing as they giggled at the odd feeling. From time to time an indignant parent would scoop up their child and move away in a huff, but Misaki's only response was to stick a tongue out in their direction and laugh with the children that remained at the parents' foolishness. She was no danger to them and she knew that. She was a shinobi and it was her duty to protect these children she firmly believed, and her unique qualities made her fascinating to them. That she was completely okay with.

She looked up suddenly as she felt a familiar presence and grinned as she saw her little brother approach. She could see the sadness in his eyes as he approached and somehow knew he'd been reveling in memories for too long again. She stood and shooed the children off, hearing disappointed sighs as they moved away and she walked towards her brother. As she moved her hips swayed with confidence and her lips took on a more understanding smile as the crowd dispersed and her wings folded in at her back. As she reached her brother she did not speak at first, instead she reached out with her arms and wrapped them around her brother's neck in a hug, resting her chin on his shoulder as she moved up on the tips of her toes and even her wings came around him as a part of the hug. "Otouto-kun." she cooed happily, smiling as she embraced him.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Turning a town into a city required ingenuity. Seeing it turn from a forgettable and dirty place to a memorable and thriving environment required unification. The house of Shogi in Zippo's closet of thoughts was a bit out of touch. Each day, a king would be located where the pawns where, and vice-versa. Down to the way he walked down a familiar road in Kumogakure, something was a bit off since Mikuyo's fate was sealed.

Despite his strengths and weaknesses, people who have experienced what Zippo had would most likely head towards a horrible path, possibly use the experience as pretext to become criminals. But this remained to be seen in Zippo's case. In fact, he was strong holding his head high, face slightly less depressed than it could really be. However, lately he couldn't even hold up a smile.

He was strong from what reality has shown him, but not balanced. He remembered when he first went into his personal realm, how both loneliness and dwelling on the past went from insufferable to comforting. It did not take long for him to redirect his feelings to work and find it addicting. A lot of things were running on his mind... until his sister finally appeared to save the day.

"Onee-san?"
As fate would have it, his sister was here! He hadn't seen her in quite a while. And it was finally good to see her again. It had been almost a month since the two ever crossed paths. Ever since Mikuyo went into a coma.

Even though he started off to feel sadder, it was fought back by his sister's sense of family communion. Even though he saw wings, he imagined how he used to defend for her, like a warrior-guardian, when she felt down from bullying activities. The imagination went to influence him to ask: "Those bullies aren't picking on you about those wings are they, sis?" And slowly but surely, a smile was trying to fight its way through. In a pyrric victory, it won the battle, drawing him to finally curve up a small grin. He couldn't hold back the chuckle afterwards. He know how strong she was, but had to start their interaction with a nostalgic joke.

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 am

Misaki smiled as her brother spoke, she could almost feel that she had pulled him out of some kind of mindset. The longer she held on to him the more she felt it melt away and the greater her smile grew. She could always bring a happiness to her brother, she knew that, and it was refreshing as always to see that even after time apart she could still do so. She giggled a bit as he asked about bullies, remembering how he used to help her when she first had this done. When she first got her wings there had been so much ridicule, and she couldn't handle it. It was Zippo who had helped her to be confident in herself and her changes, to love her new scales as she should have to begin with. He had helped her conquer so much in a short time.

"No, they don't tease me anymore." she replied quietly. "Not since you helped me." she reminded him, finally allowing her wings to retreat from around him and fold at her back again. Her hands slipped down from behind his neck and she stood normally once more as her fingers found and slipped into his hands and the girl grinned up at him. She may have been the elder of the two, but their dynamic had always been so much closer than that. She often imagined they were more like twins than elder and younger.

"Have you eaten?" she asked him. She had always been a decent cook, and she knew that he had spent so much time worrying over Mikuyo that he always forgot to eat. His depression hurt her to see, but it also brought a smile to her face to see she could cheer him up in spite of it. He loved so much the woman that should have been her sister by now, Misaki often feared what would happen if she took a turn for the worse. But that was why she kept tabs on her brother and even Mikuyo's condition. She nuzzled gently against his chest as she waited for his answer, turning to smile up at him once more. "You should let me cook for you." she told him, almost bouncing on her toes in excitement at the idea.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:05 pm

If this scene could be depicted in music, it would be melodious. The rhythm would have put Zippo on the edge in peace, for the conductor was his sister, Misaki, Dracona. From just the sound of that familiar voice, ran images of nostalgia in his mind. If the flashbacks were pieces of a melody, they would introduce a noticeable rise to the chorus:

"To be quite honest: I'm famished."
The skies above them were calm, reflecting over his eyes while the animation showing golden clouds under a deep blue sky look like a pair of magical marbles. Slowly they were glowing. His chakra was beginning to channel after his sister mentioned offering to cook. It was like having a twin, who knew what to really say at the right time to turn his frown upside down.

A family... what a wonderful thing to have. Zippo wouldn't trade this experience for the world.

If only Mikuyo... could experience these times with this Ishiguro family in particular.

With one moment spent channeling, he picked up a tiny, spherical ornament from inside his pocket. Inside his home in the Ishiguro Tower, there was a carbon copy of it. Always there when he needed to return home in a jiffy. It's been a while since he came home, almost a week. This would possibly be his fifth visit since Mikuyo had been hospitalized. And not once had he rested here. Most of that was spent in his realm.

Luckily any ingredients he was raised with having would be available to his sister's delight. Although he'd make a few things here and there, his sister, truly, was a master at her craft in his eyes. No one but mother could cook as good as the masterful chef: Ishiguro Misaki!

In a flash, they appeared inside his home, right in the living-room, where the copy of the item he held in his hand was located; right in the center of the room. To the right was the kitchen, and to the left was the four-seated dining room table. Even though his monthly lectures and sporadic mentorships paid him more than his missions, he was modest in his lifestyle.

"It's been a while since I've been here. I have my student Kazuya keep the place clean, though. Still trying to get used to having students. They keep following me ever since people know about my Jikukan capabilities."

Techniques usedShow
Doujutsu channeled:
*Recycle & Open Space: True Link
A-rank Jikukan Ninjutsu
The user will do a series of hand seals then place one hand on an any object small enough to fit in their grasp. Upon doing so, they will Recycle Space, creating an exact duplicate of that object. The duplicate of said object will act as an Anchor, turning both objects into links to each other. Should any party aside from the Architect come in contact with either anchor, they’ll be instantly transported to the other Anchor either a) they elect to or b) their control is less than the control of the Architect. The Architect can opt to use the Anchor at any point as well, should they so choose.

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:47 am

Misaki knew what it was her brother reached for in his pocket. She may not have utilized space time for herself at this time, but she was familiar with her brother's uses of it. As he reached for it, she reached for his other hand, curling in against her brother as he used the little ornament to take them back to his home. The moment the pair appeared in Zippo's living room, Misaki released her brother and seemed to dance away for the kitchen, giggling as she went and as Zippo spoke. "It's good that you have students." she told him as she began to go through his cabinets, picking out various things she would need to cook. "Passing on what you know is always good... though I haven't met any of your students yet. I wouldn't mind meeting them."

Before long she had a pot of water boiling and was rolling dumplings with her hands, careful to keep her wings folded at her back and her tail wrapped around down one leg to avoid accidentally hitting anything as she danced around the kitchen. The dumplings were something their mother used to make, though her mother's recipe included pork. She thought she remembered Zippo not being fond of the pork and so switched the ingredient out with chicken, smiling as she first began dropping them into the pot, setting up another to make rice.

"So tell me, what else have you been up to, brother?" she asked him, pausing what she was doing to turn and look at the man, flashing a smile as she did so. She knew he had likely spent much of his time in Mikuyo's room or in his realm, but she hoped he had some other news as well. She wanted him to keep busy, and as much as she grieved with him over Mikuyo's condition, she knew nothing could be done just yet for the woman. Only time would tell them how things would turn out.

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 am

[Same theme continues] Zippo was amazed at how invested his sister was to his time. As a master of both space and time, nothing that could be bent would compare with what power family could muster and moderate when it came to "family time". She respected his endeavors teaching others what he knew. He further remembered how caring his sister was. How important she was to him. After all these years passing, she really did have his back.

"You should see the seminars. I practically am paid each speech each month more than my mission count each year. If this keeps up, I can buy our clan a new tower."

Of course, he was exaggerating. He needed to slide in a joke there to lighten up the time being spent with family. She included another question, asking what else he had been up to. Then he thought back that one night... with Banri. With Stratos... This was something he was to not speak of. Then he realized there was a secret being kept between him and his sister... This never happened before.

He almost felt uncomfortable, and it almost showed in his micro-expression while sitting down to the table, smiling his time away until it was time to eat. Luckily, he had something really exciting to actually say that might actually lead him to experience deafness for a couple of hours:
"I'm glad you asked, Dracona. I had to fight for my life against a dragon two days ago."

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Misaki set aside the rice and let it cook, knowing she would have to leave it be for awhile and just let it cook. If she disrupted it too much it wouldn't cook much at all and she didn't want that. She focused instead on her dumplings, steaming some and boiling others. It wasn't long before she was moving to the table with two plates full of different kinds of dumplings and set them before her brother, along with a large pot of rice. She set an empty plate in front of her brother and herself before serving each of them and taking hot tea from the stove she had prepared as well.

The silence as she had cooked certainly struck her as odd, the expression on her brother's face even more so as things went along. The pair had always conversed easily but she could feel something unsaid resting in the room. Did her brother have a secret from her? It seemed odd, she had never had a secret between herself and her brother before that she knew of, but she dismissed the feeling, knowing if it was true her brother likely had a good reason of some kind.

Even if it did irk her a little bit.

As she sat down and picked up a pair of chopsticks he suddenly spoke and the woman paused. Her love of dragons was very obvious to anyone, but especially so to her brother. She stared at him a moment before asking a question very carefully, not wanting to assume something bad of her brother and snap for no reason. She knew there had to be something... right?

"What happened?"

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 am

The evening was starting to shimmer its way through the window as warmth emanated from the food. Zippo not only kept a secret from his sister about Stratos, but had a much more worrisome story to tell.

A moment flashed before his eyes and his eyes visualized in first-person view what his clones did to make the dragon slow down and take so many hits from the Cloud Jounin's newfound allies from different villages. Seemed like an interesting story to tell, right?

Not in this case. His sister not only loved dragons, she was the queen of them in his eyes. To say he played a role simply to hurt a dragon would sound blasphemous... But he believed he had one too many secrets being held from her already...

But...

He couldn't stop eating and keeping his eyes from making contact by closing them, brows furrowed. He would let her wait a bit so he could balance himself, taking one bite after another like a machine, and even sip his tea moments before finally spitting the truth.

If he was interrupted and the truth was forced upon him by Misaki to do so, it would make sense:

"I ... um... Well... Me and some," the sound of his last gulp of some good tea that was stuck in his throat echoed throughout the room. "I had to stop a dragon from hurting us, sis! I swear. I didn't create a scratch on the big guy... I simply slowed it down ... while everyone else attacked it. It was so huge, it's body almost destroyed the plateau we were on! I had to make the choice so we could make our escape. Forgive me!"

Was he good? He should be good. Was he going to end up like that dragon?

Possibly.

This might not end well, he thought to himself.

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 pm

As her brother dug into her food, Misaki sat and stared at him in silence, leaving her own portions untouched. Her wings remained folded at her back, her silver-scaled hands moving to cross her arms across her chest as she continued to stare. But it was her tail that really gave away what was on her mind, she had always had trouble keeping emotion out of her tail twitches and it was, as a result, the easiest way to tell if she was really agitated. The four foot long appendage twitched back and forth lightly behind her though for now the spikes remained receded into it as she waited for her brother to finally spill the story.

As he did, she raised an eyebrow and listened. Most who might see the pair together would always assume Zippo to be the more assuming of the two, the more powerful, but when it came to her love of dragons it was not unusual for Misaki's temper to rival her little brother's (though in this case 'little' really only referred to age).

When he finished speaking, the girl sighed heavily, her tail still twitching for several moments. "Where did you last see him?" she asked carefully.

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Zippo took a moment and looked right into the window. Things were looking up, he supposed. Maybe it was because of how today came about? Food, comfortable weather, safe travels. It all must've went through everyone in the village, for Zippo didn't take notice nothing too aggressive.

His sister showed worry still. She needed answers it appeared, but luckily it wasn't out of extreme demand or out of character. Maybe Zippo went out of place in his feeling being sorry, but it was the first time he ever situated himself to combating against a type of being his sister held dear to her soul.

It held a matrix of metaphors. All of which didn't necessarily put today's experience on edge.

"It was at a well hidden shrine. Now in rubble. Our group realized it's presence, and I guess it was guarding the contents inside the mountain. Created a barrier that my space-time skills couldn't even penetrate through. I imagine the being's duty involved protecting those special items people have been talking about lately."

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:34 am

Misaki nodded slowly as Zippo explained where the dragon had been. Already her mind was working over a thought on how to maybe find the beast and check on it, at the least to try and ascertain if this dragon were really a threat or if it could be consoled. The woman really did view dragons as her kin just as much as she did her brother. After a few moments of quiet she motioned to the food once more. "You should eat." She wouldn't ask him outright if he was okay, if there were a serious issue as a result of this fight she was sure he would have told her by now, and as such the only real concern was making sure the man ate.

As the tension eased from the room, Misaki's tail slowly began to flick back and forth again in its normal, happy fashion. Her mind shifted to other subjects, specifically to a boy that had caught her interest. Ishiguro Hiruko was someone she had met only once but already she had a keen interest in the boy. As a woman who fancied herself a dragon, she also dedicated herself to the same thing romantically as dragons. If she were ever to meet someone she saw as an ideal mate, it would be for life, past any potential hang up in the relationship or even death. She would dedicate herself to one person and that was it. The subject of him brought a little smile to her face as she ate and after a moment that shifted her focus elsewhere.

The little happy thoughts brought about sad ones as well, and her eyes drifted to her brother. He had loved and lost, but in the worst way possible. Last she knew the woman still lay in the hospital, and that was a subject that Misaki would never approach, almost never even in thought. Suddenly pushing it all aside she grinned cheerfully at her brother. "Come on, what else have you been up to. There must be more!"

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Zippo took his sister's advice, and took a bite. Then another. And another. The food was, "Delicious!~" He wasn't so concerned over his sister's perceptions that he forgot all about her cooking until she mentioned it. The aroma finally returned triggering his senses, and the morsels the meal tickled his dopamine to no end.

It almost felt like a trap when he was about to mention S.T.R.A.T.O.S.

"Well..."

As soon as this took effect, the rational side of him kicked in, as a memory started to emerge from behind. Although it wasn't real, the entity began to appear with the looks akin to his recruiter. The recruiter, in reality, entered his bedroom and woke him up with the goal to be total discreet by covering his lips.

The same sensation took place in him, as the hallucination began cover his lips, with an eerie presence of death. For he ought to know better than to speak of the existence of brethren of his who do not exist.

With that, he made a forced and bold grin, showing the sign of total comfort, and finished his reply, "That'd be enough about me. I want to actually know what's caught your eye recently, sis."

She sure was pressing for information, but with additional time to think he imagined it might be a cover for her to keep Zippo talking more than her.

Is she... hiding someone?

"Any boyfriends I should be worried about?"

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Misaki knew her brother better than anyone, and she didn't miss what had happened in that moment. She might not have seen it, she might not be able to put her finger on it, she only knew that something had just happened and she had just missed it. For the moment she filed the thought away. She never dismissed her own feelings on anything entirely, but she had no fear about filing them away for later should they come back up or important information arise that might explain it all.

But of course her brother suddenly wanted to talk about her, and as he asked about 'boyfriends', she couldn't help the color that came in to her cheeks despite the silver scales that decorated them. "No." she insisted, freezing up as that blush only deepened. "You know I don't date, if I fall in love with someone he will be it. Just like other dragons, if I mate, it will be for life." Of course she was only able to say this after her composure returned to her, but still a blush remained on her cheeks.

After all, how was she supposed to tell her brother that she dragged some poor virgin she was interested in to a co-ed bath house where she proceeded to embarrass him with her nudity? That hardly seemed an appropriate topic for a meal.

zippo

Family Reunion

Post by zippo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Zippo realized his sister blushing. Whatever she was thinking, it was no longer about him, thankfully.

The embodiment of what could have been the apparition of dismay evaporated behind him, as if struck by the wind of contentment as he realized the conversation was switched. He could only grin of his little success.

Still. Her blushing.

"Miiisaakiiiiii...?"

Not like he was the older brother, but at that moment he felt a little swindle going on. He didn't need to be The Illusive Man of S.T.R.A.T.O.S. to know that his sister kept something from him. Although he was not aware of much and had his assumptions, it was noticeably apparent to him that she had something to hide.

And it was probably connected to her heart.

Although he only uttered one word, and literally did so right when he was about to take a nice bite of his jucy dinner, that word should speak in volumes due to his tone. He didn't necessarily know if she was in emotional danger or not. Was this guy persuading her for control? deceiving her for the sake of...

He couldn't picture more. Only stay open but vigilant.

He wasn't the paranoid type of brother, but was curious on whether if he should finally be.

Willoria

Family Reunion

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Misaki sighed as she heard the way her brother said her name. She knew what that meant. He wasn't going to switch subjects again, he was just going to keep asking her until she caved and told him. "His name is Hiruko." She finally conceded, poking at her food with a chopstick as she spoke, her blush only getting worse as she spoke. "He's really naive when it comes to women... he practically nosebleeds if I get too close." she added, stifling a giggle as she remembered what all had happened last time they had spent time together.

"I might've... dragged him to a bath house... it was co-ed..." She shrugged as she looked at her brother, thinking he was probably going to be upset. "I go sometimes, its fun seeing the way people react to what I look like. And it feels more natural sometimes... in his case I kind of dragged him just to see how he'd react." She chewed on her lip a moment as she winced, waiting to see how Zippo was going to react.

After all, she had just admitted that a clanmate had seen her nude and spent time with her as such, and she hardly knew him aside from the fact that she found his reactions amusing.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”