[SOCIAL] An Early Morning

apalooka

Post by apalooka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:52 pm

It was still quite early, the sky was just starting to lighten to a soft pink as the sun began to rise. At the large mansion that housed the Ryudo family, a majority of the residents were still asleep, but a few were up and about, getting ready for the day. The youngest member of the household as tucked away in the library, rereading the old scrolls that lined the walls.

Nasu had been there for hours, scanning the documents. He wasn’t looking for any specific information, just reading. Avoiding having to go outside and meet with his older brother, who was awaiting him to train together. At the thought, Nasu’s hands clenched tighter around the thick paper, wrinkling it. He knew Saionji meant well, but the thought of fighting against a family member, even for practice, turned the young Genin’s stomach. Huffing out a sigh, Nasu rolled up the scroll and place it back within its compartment on the wall. He couldn’t go to the courtyard and face Saionji, so he went the opposite way.

As he left the library, Nasu grabbed his forehead protector from where he had set it on the table. He had just graduated from the Academy a few days earlier, he still wasn’t used to wearing the thing. As he pushed his mop of white hair out of his face and tied the band around his head, he couldn’t help but think it felt weird. Like it didn’t belong there. He grabbed his equipment belt, which had also been laying on the table, and slung it over his shoulder, adjusting it so it laid flat underneath his scarf.

The shoji door leading out of the house slid open soundlessly. Nasu stepped out and slid it closed behind him, breathing in the crisp morning air. He tugged on his long gloves, to protect his arms from the occasional gust of wind, but all in all, it seemed like it was shaping up to be a nice day. He stepped off the porch and walked towards the gate. Nasu glanced back towards the house, hoping Saionji wouldn’t wait for him to show up for too long He’d feel terrible about wasting too much of his brother’s time. As the current head of the Ryudo family, his older brother had more important things to do than wait for someone who wouldn’t show up.

Pushing through the gate and tightening the long red scarf around his neck, Nasu set off towards town. He hoped a store was open, he was starving. And he couldn’t turn around now. Going back to the house just for food would be embarrassing.
CharactersShow
, 3
NameVillageRankThreadsHTML #
Ryudo Nasu
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu: 10
  • Taijutsu: 3
  • Genjutsu: 5
  • Stamina: 8
  • Control: 7
  • Strength: 4
  • Speed: 5
  • Instinct: 5
Genin
CompletedShow
#a680b7
Ogawa Kohei
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu: 25
  • Taijutsu: 20
  • Genjutsu: 10
  • Stamina: 25
  • Control: 20
  • Strength: 20
  • Speed: 25
  • Instinct: 15
Special Jounin
CompletedShow
#ba8b00
Yasutake Miki
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu:
  • Taijutsu:
  • Genjutsu:
  • Stamina:
  • Control:
  • Strength:
  • Speed:
  • Instinct:
Chuunin
ActiveShow
CompletedShow
#0a5e96

keisan

Post by keisan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:53 pm

There was a slight wind in lightning country, but it was an uncharacteristically clear day in Kumogakure. Keisan had just finished an umeboshi filled onigiri, his personal favorite, and was now pulling his lavish kimono over his shoulders. The rich purple kimono with gold embroidery hardly fit the genin's personality, however it was his tribute to his departed father. Every time he donned it he paused for a brief moment in remembrance. Clearing his mind of his troubled past, he pulled his silvery hair back in a ponytail bound it in place. Asari, Keisan's mother, was curently involved in some investors meeting for her recent venture into the onigri business. This meant Keisan should take this opportunity to get some training in before his mother could try and go over all the details of her meeting. As much as he appreciated the fact that the family had lost the centerpiece of its foothold in the merchant community, he simply could not stomach the helpless life of a traveling merchant at least not until he felt he could guarantee the safety of himself and his wares on his own.

Having done all he needed to at his house Keisan Stepped through the heavy oak door and pushed it closed behind him. The day could not have been more perfect. Immediately after exposing himself to it the boy could feel the contrast of the brisk wind and the warm embrace of the sun. A small smirk formed on the boy's face as he began a lively jog out of the business district of Kumogakure. The weather today is absolutely perfect! The boy thought while taking in the sea of faces he was passing. Kumogakure was absolutely booming with life today it seemed. He put more distance between himself and his dwelling taking care to avoid crowded areas. Even so there were several familiar faces he could have stopped and talked to along the way, but why should he they were mere acquaintances.

In a matter of minutes Keisan had passed both the residential and commercial districts of Kumogakure. As he neared the outskirts of the village he paused and reached for his left hip. As he pulled the canteen of water located there off he began to plan out his day. The boy couldnt decide rather he should hike the great mountains overlooking Kumogakure, or head towards the forests of the Natsukyou. With his free right hand Keisan wiped a bead of sweat that had formed by his eyebrow and mulled his options over.
Kumo genin
SpoilerShow
Keisan- Kumo genin
Stats
  • Ninjutsu:10
  • Taijutsu:5
  • Genjutsu:1
  • Stamina:4
  • Control:5
  • Strength:3
  • Speed:6
  • Instinct: 6

C.S.
  • Kirigakure jounin: Taizu, Ido
    Kohonagakure Genin:

apalooka

Post by apalooka » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Nasu was lucky when he found the fruit cart heading into the town. They had come from further down the mountain and were heading into the city to sell their produce. He easily bought a couple of apples off of them and was heading back towards his home.

He had no plans of going home, of course. He’d probably turn off the road and head further in towards the mountains. He took one of his apples and bit into it with a satisfying crunch. He could easily practice his ninjutsus if he wanted...or maybe practice his taijutsu. Saionji had been bugging him about that recently.

Nasu stuck his tongue out at the thought. Taijutsu training was boring. He preferred his ninjutsus immensely more. He took another chunk of apple. Maybe he could try and get one of the Herons to answer his summons. The dumb birds had been ignoring him.

“How am I supposed to get all the Herons under contract if the stuck up featherheads never show up?”

It was a dilemma, of course, but Nasu wasn’t sure how to fix it without asking Saionji (who had contracts with all five Herons, the jerk) for help.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that Nasu wasn’t paying attention to where he was walking. He brought his eyes up just as he was about to bite into his apple again, when he was greeted with the sight of someone’s back, literally centimeters in front of him.

Nasu pulled back with a small hop and looked up. And up. And up. Holy crap, this person was tall. What were they feeding people in the village? Swallowing his apple, Nasu mumbled out an apology for almost running into the guy.
CharactersShow
, 3
Ryudo Nasu
StatsShow
Genin
CompletedShow
#a680b7
Ogawa Kohei
StatsShow
Special Jounin
CompletedShow
#ba8b00
Yasutake Miki
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu:
  • Taijutsu:
  • Genjutsu:
  • Stamina:
  • Control:
  • Strength:
  • Speed:
  • Instinct:
Chuunin
ActiveShow
CompletedShow
#0a5e96

keisan

Post by keisan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Keisan had just came to decide that it was an excellent day for a hike, when a sudden presence directly behind him snapped him to attention. How could i let someone literally walk up directly behind me without noticing! As he chastised himself the genin span around at full speed and reached his right hand in his kimono to draw his katana. Now fully prepared to attack, Keisan registered a barely audible apology. While the apology was enough to ease his stance a little, his right hand still clutched his katana's hilt.

Taking stock of the situation Keisan noticed first that the perpetrator was a boy no older than his younger brother. This fact did nothing to improve his mood in fact now he was being to asked to accept that this young boy had mistakenly wandered almost directly into him completely unbeknownst. On the other hand he noted that he wasn't injured nor where there any other signs of malicious intent.

Finally he eased his hand and let his eyes rest on the young boys forehead protector. What happened next was so out of character for Keisan even he questioned it. Perhaps it was the unimposing demeanor of the boy, or maybe the striking resemblance Nasu bore to his own younger brother. It was even believable that this was the will of some unknown deity unbeknownst to him. Whatever the cause, rather than blow Nasu off and move on Keisan struck a conversation the boy. "It's not wise to sneak up on a shinobi you know, but i suppose it's fine. After all was hardly any more alert than you. Anyway who might you be, my name is Keisan." Keisan stuck out his hand in a traditional greeting as he finished speaking.
Kumo genin
SpoilerShow
Keisan- Kumo genin
Stats

C.S.
    Kohonagakure Genin:

apalooka

Post by apalooka » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:18 pm

At the sight of the taller boy reaching for his katana, Nasu tensed,half-eaten apple falling to the ground, ready to grab a kunai if he needed. Although, at this distance, it’d pretty much be an easy win for the other shinobi...he really needed to practice his taijutsu.

As luck would have it though, Keisan seemed to realize that Nasu wasn’t any type of threat and removed his hand from his katana, visibly relaxing. Nasu did the same, rolling his shoulder to release tension. Of course, the tension came back in full when a hand was thrust into his face.

An attack? Oh, no. A handshake. Of course. Nasu looked up, purple eyes meeting blue and he accepted the greeting.

“I didn’t mean to sneak up on you,” he said taking his hand back and pulling lightly on his scarf. “I wasn’t paying attention...too caught up in my thoughts I guess.”

This close to home, Nasu had let his guard down. Stupid thing to do, and Saionji would have scolded him for it.

“I’m Nasu. Pleased to meet you.”
CharactersShow
, 3
Ryudo Nasu
StatsShow
Genin
CompletedShow
#a680b7
Ogawa Kohei
StatsShow
Special Jounin
CompletedShow
#ba8b00
Yasutake Miki
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu:
  • Taijutsu:
  • Genjutsu:
  • Stamina:
  • Control:
  • Strength:
  • Speed:
  • Instinct:
Chuunin
ActiveShow
CompletedShow
#0a5e96

keisan

Post by keisan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:25 pm

The boy had greeted him and began pulling at his scarf, a side effect of nervousness Keisan surmised. “I wasn’t paying attention...too caught up in my thoughts I guess.” The words only served to further Keisans assumption. Finally Nasu seemed to compose himself enough for an introduction. Everything about the kid brought up memories of his younger brother Atsu. The more this interaction continued, the more his usual dismissive attitude was replaced by curiosity.

Although Keisan wished to continue this encounter, as a recluse social interaction was not his strong suit. "The pleasure is mine, so what brings you out here on this fine morning Nasu." Was the best response he could muster. Keisan found himself hoping that his inquiry wouldn't come off as intrusive, but it was too late for regrets now.
Kumo genin
SpoilerShow
Keisan- Kumo genin
Stats

C.S.
    Kohonagakure Genin:

apalooka

Post by apalooka » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:58 am

Avoiding my responsibilities.

But Nasu didn’t say that. That was his personal reasoning. Instead, Nasu looked off the path towards the mountain range. The sun was just cresting over the higher ridges along the horizon, the day was in full swing by now. “I was thinking of going off into the mountains for a little while. Try and practice. I need to work on my taijutsu and things.”

Nasu reached into his belt and pulled out the second apple he had bought, biting into it with a snap. He chewed for a moment and swallowed the fruit. He waved the hand holding the apple off towards the direction of the Ryudo House. “I usually train at home, but I wanted to get out and try somewhere new.”

He was curious. He hadn’t met Keisan before today, and it was nice to meet other Genin from Kumo. Another bite from his apple. Nasu pulled lightly on the collar of his scarf with his free hand, as he swallowed, and looked back up at the tall boy. “Are you out to train as well? Do you know of any good places for someone to train?”

If he was going to say he was going to train, he might as well try and find somewhere to actually do it. Which was kinda funny if you thought about it, because avoiding training is the main reason he was even out and about this morning. The thought made a small smile cross Nasu's face and he broke eye contact with Keisan to eat some more of his apple.
CharactersShow
, 3
Ryudo Nasu
StatsShow
Genin
CompletedShow
#a680b7
Ogawa Kohei
StatsShow
Special Jounin
CompletedShow
#ba8b00
Yasutake Miki
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu:
  • Taijutsu:
  • Genjutsu:
  • Stamina:
  • Control:
  • Strength:
  • Speed:
  • Instinct:
Chuunin
ActiveShow
CompletedShow
#0a5e96

keisan

Post by keisan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:45 am

Keisan had heard exactly what he was hoping to hear when Nasu asked him about a venue to train at. "How ironic i was just deciding on a place too do some training myself" In fact he was originally undecided, however since Nasu mentioned the mountains the quandary was settled. Keisans eyes drifted to the nearest mountain range to his left, while he gave his hairless chin a few strokes. "Well their does happen to be a decent plateau about halfway up that one, and the hike would be a great warm up." As he spoke keisan took his right hand off his chin and pointed in the direction of the nearest mountain. "I'll be going there today, I'd be happy to have you along."

The sight would have been comical to anyone that knew Keisan. Not only had he taken time from his training for social convention, but he was now turning his daily training into a playdate. At least that how it would be interpreted, however the genin resembled Atsu both in attitude and appearance as far as Keisan could tell. At this point the interaction just felt natural.
Kumo genin
SpoilerShow
Keisan- Kumo genin
Stats

C.S.
    Kohonagakure Genin:

apalooka

Post by apalooka » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Nasu froze mid-bite, blinking owlishly at the tall boy. He had just expected to be told where a good training spot was. He hadn’t even imagined that he’d be invited along to train with Keisan.

He wasn’t against training with other people, it’s just that he rarely did. At the Academy, yeah, it had been required. But since then? He’d only ever trained with Saionji. Or Momoe. Nasu quickly shook his head to stop that train of thought before it started. No need to go thinking about his sister. Not when he was possibly making a new friend.

Tossing the apple core over his shoulder, Nasu nodded to Keisan. “Sounds like fun. I’d be happy to come along.”

If he actually managed to get some form of training in today, his brother would get off his back (for a little while at least) and, if nothing else, Nasu might be able to see Keisan’s sword in action. That would be worth any amount of trekking up a mountain.

He tightened his scarf around his neck and started off towards the way Keisan had pointed, eager to get going.
CharactersShow
, 3
Ryudo Nasu
StatsShow